PDA

View Full Version : Delicate Diplomats aka Space.

scarydodo
08-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Alex- Alex walked along the corridor, a smoke lit in her hand, and in the other a white med-kit sat on top of her purple suitcase that was bulging at the sides. The breifing was set in the outer space control center to allow the other people in the different expeditions to have the same advantages. She sighed as she put out her half smoked smoke, as she saw the no smoking sign. She wondered who else would be on this expedition and if everyone would get along. Alex saw the room 3-2 and walked into it. This was to be the briefing room. She sat down at the chair marked Medic, and looked around seeing another character sitting at the commander chair. She released an angry sigh as she realized who it was. Alex was hoping that he wouldn't be on this, but her luck was never good. "Cat Dirt" She muttered.

Jaxon- Jaxon watched as Alex walked into the room and sat down. He nodded his head at the then proceeded to ignore her. He knew better then to argue with this particular medic as she had saved his life multiple times when they were training together and he knew she would happily take it. He ignored her muttered words and went back to flicking through his notes reading about each other people that would be on this. He didn't care if anyone liked him or not, so long as they obeyed his rules and what he said, then this would go smoothly. He hoped they had all been brief but would be glad to make it all clear to those who hadn't. It was simply a waiting game now.

Enigma
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Toril Syv Arnadatter, Scout-Kvartermester from the Valkyrii Expeditionaries, frowned as she looked at the tiny holographic map her wrist-omni displayed, then glanced up the hall, noting yet another turn. The wings on her back rustled with irritation. She wondered briefly if all human habitations were so constructed to be mazes?

For some races, a maze was standard security measures - but she believed there could be no such purpose here.

It took Toril another five minutes to find conference room 3-2. She took a long moment studying the door to make sure it was correct, and not in actuality a human airlock, before venturing inside.

There were two humans - a fem and male. She eyed the male with some reservation, then nodded when she saw his greater rank.

"Hallo," Toril said slowly, raising her hands palm out to show they were free of weapons. "I Come for briefing?"

deamonstalker
08-28-2012, 12:23 PM
as X6291 was hurrying down the hall, an alarm suddenly went off, "damn metal detectors!" as she halted, and waited for the guards to show up,
while starring at the camera/turret that dropped down from the ceiling she called "Why must this happen every five minutes?!?!?! YOU KNOW IM HERE!!!!" as her temper was rekindled,
a calm voice suddenly entered her mind,"ok, ok, calm down now, honey, you know that this is one of the most secure sections, they cant just turn of the metal detectors for you, just in case they do find the knife that you've stashed on your self, though that was a creative place you put it"
still fuming, X5291 thought furiously to the IA,"yea,yea i know, but still, it just so much of a hassle to get through here to get to the meeting in time! thanks, i figured that the obvious place would work just fine, just under the wrist, but the only reason i have it is for insurance, you never know just what goes on down here, they might just like to take me apart because im not strictly up to code."
out loud she yelled,"HEY can you guys hurry up, Ive had it with all of these stops, this is the 20th one in the past half hour! your going to make me LATE!! i HATE being late!, so if you don't hurry your FRACKING ARSES and do this pointless checkup i will just atart walking to where i have to be!!!!!!!!"

a minute later, three guards came around the corner, the same three that had, coincidentally(not) did the same search five minutes ago. she told them,
once they arrived,"you know, it'd be 80% more efficient if you three would just accompany me to my destination. that way, the response would be instant and I could get to my destination, only a few minutes late!"
but once again they refused and began the rigamarole of them taking her apart, finding nothing, and then putting her back together, wrongly, forcing herself to put some pieces back to where they belong.
privately she thought," well, at least the knife is not metal. but at this rate, ill just have to end my own life. ugh, at this rate, ill be over an hour late! i hope that the captain is informed that i was severely hindered in coming to the meeting." as she walked briskly towards the next metal detector, only a few minutes away. grumbling.

scarydodo
08-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Alex- Alex watched the new person walk into the room, just as the metal detector's went off again, she smirked and lit up a smoke, nerves getting the better of her. Alex stood up. "Hi, I'm Alex or otherwise known as Alexandria. She held out her hand for the other person to shake. "Yeah it's here." She took a drag of the smoke as the metal detector went off again. She ran her hand holding the smoke through her tightly braided hair. "I'm the medic for this mission of sorts. She felt Jaxon's eyes on her as she walked over to the girl, inspecting her all over making mental notes. "If that things goes off one more time.." She threatened to the roof. Hearing a chuckle, she looked around and saw Jaxon laughing at her.

Jaxon- Alex's re-action to everything was quite amusing. She barely had control of her anger, and could be a danger to this mission. Even if she was the best in her field. Everyone knew who she was, even if she didn't care for it, she was famous. Jaxon nodded back to the new comer, pulling her file out from within all his paper work and staring at it. He knew everyone that was coming, whether they knew it or not. He picked this crew out, and he would destroy them in a second if it came to disturbing this mission. "I hope you won't be smoking on the ship Alex. It's a bad habit and I will not allow it on my ship." Jaxon told her. He watched as she glared at him, as she threw the butt of her cigarette at him.
"I will do what I please." Came her reply. He looked back down at his papers sighing. It was going to be a long trip, he hope they all knew that.

Tabob
08-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Drezadr sat hunched over his desk, fully immersed in his work. Half of the desk was cluttered with papers with notes and drawings, books sprawled open to seemingly random pages. Some of the clutter had even fallen to the ground as if the whole pile was pushed all at once. The other half of the table was bare, free of clutter. However in this naked state the true nature of the table was seen. There was this eerie green glow emanating from it, mimicking the glow his people possessed in their bodies. If examined closer a person would see that it was moving, almost as if alive. Drezadr ran a silvery pen around in seemingly meaningless patterns over the table. It was here that it could be noticed there was some sort of cover protecting the moving, living and sparkling light.

Drezadr's mind was filled with the epiphany he just had, *i must get these calculations correct* he berated himself as he worked. It could now be noticed that he was writing on the table as if using a chalkboard, yet whatever was underneath would darken and condense as his pen flowed past, only to dissipate soon after. This did not bother Drezadr as he continued to work. After a swift wave of his arm the table settled into a less frantic ebb.

"Aha!! I've got it!!" Drezadr exclaimed looking about as happy as a krugherfish, he was never the best at displaying his emotions. He frantically began to gain pace as he scribbled all over the surface of the table, causing the substance beneath to match his frantic state. Finally he slowed his pace to a stop and sat staring at the table, watching, waiting, observing, hoping he was successful. Slowly yet surely the substance within the tabs took on a slightly more uniform appearance instead of such a freely flowing motion, until it actually solidified into a perfect reflective surface. Drezadr made some slight adjustments with his pen and the glow intensified, lighting up the room as it began to pulse. A small smile crept across his face I satisfaction.

"I've done it" he whispers "I've finally perfected my uniformarily genome enhancement accelerator"

It now becomes apparent that what he was doing was programming the genome-altering nanobots that he's so fully dedicated his life to.

Potatrobot
08-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Metal corridors. Metal corridors. Metal frigging corridors. Samantha wished that for once a ship contractor would throw down a rug or something to make the floors softer. She had hooves, you see; two flat, wide hooves where one would normally find feet. Every step she took on a hard surface sent a loud CLOP echoing practically everywhere, and cold metal floors added a CLANG to that CLOP. Hence the desire for carpets.

Samantha had hooves not because of any mutation or personal preference, she had hooves because they were a characteristic of her entire race, the Konematis. Other characteristics include the crustacean ancestors, the spiral shell forearms, the exo-skeleton upper-arms and lower-legs, the pincers protruding from her mouth, the barbed crowns on her head, the gem-like stone set in her chest right above her breasts, and the dark yellow skin with bright yellow splashed against it. And the obsession with gold. Every Konematis loves gold.

Samantha was different to the rest of her race: her skin was just black where it would normally be dark yellow, and the gem in her chest was a deep jet black as opposed to lustrous gold. Both of these colour defects were caused by remnants of a shrapnel grenade becoming trapped in her cardiovascular system. She also wasn't that obsessed with gold. It was just a matter of taste.

She CLOPPED her way down the corridor, taking note of the signs that forbade smoking. That would be an arse to deal with; Samantha occasionally smoked. It was odd that cigarettes were banned where rifles as large as hers weren't, and her rifle was pretty big. It was about a metre and a half long from stock to muzzle. It was slung across her back; there was no way she was carrying it to the meeting room.

Finally, conference room 3-2 came into sight. She pushed the door open and walked inside, taking note of the three other people there. She regarded them:
"Wings, doc, captain." She nodded to each one in turn.

Ankerra's Rage
08-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Zeno-
Zeno relaxed inside of his S-AV pleased with his newest modifications. the reactor on most other models had begun to short out or overload after a year in use. but not his, he had found a way to sneak a second reactor inside of his Suit's core. it was smaller and only served as a backup but still. "time to test these additions." Zeno sat up and began to start the vehicle. as it hummed to life a sensor lit up wildly, "Every time....." Zeno sighed almost every time he modified his Suit it would cause the motion sensors to over react and become useless."Omega, fix that will you?" he commanded the Suit's AI named Omega, the final product of a friend's projects he was testing. "it is done, Zeno" the AI's deep electonic voice entered his headset as the Sensors reset. "thanks. time to take this out for a test drive." "perhaps a system check before we take off? you dont want to end up like the Alpha Squad." Omega stopped the Suit. "fine...."

Enigma
08-31-2012, 05:47 AM
"Scout-Kvartermester Toril Arnadatter," Toril introduced herself to the humans, spreading her wings slightly so they rustled on her back, "Valkyrii Expeditionaries."

She reluctantly took Alex's hand, feeling the human woman's surface frustrations. Toril set her jaw slightly.

"The alarms seem strange to me," Toril said, glancing at the male. He was shuffling square sheets covered with writing. Paper? Personnel files? Very strange. "They seem to be getting closer, yet I do not hear gun fire or see other signs of alarm. Will we need to defend this room?"

Dachief
08-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Vezinx chuckled to himself as he heard every metal detector on the ship sound off. Hearing arguments arise not to far ahead of him. As he stepped through a metal detector he scared one of the guards. Who explained he hadn't heard Vezinx approach. This was obvious to Vezinx, he went through years of training to be as silent as the wind. and concealable in darkness. Kaldorians resembled humans in quite a number of ways, however they were taller. And their skin a greyish black. Their hair either red or purple and horns either big or small pertruding from their foreheads. Vezinx's hair was a dark red and his horns reached to his ear. He continued past the guard and turned the corner... The light was a little more dim farthe down the hallway and as Vezinx walked hi skin changed. The darker the light the darker his skin, and vice versa. Vezinx approached room 3-2 just as the door closed behind who he believed to be the cause of all the commotion. As he stepped into the room he noticed quite an odd arrangement of people... But it didn't bother him. He found his seat and sat down. Waiting for his orders

TheTeeJaii
08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Introductions. Henry smiled politely to the other people he was with, and raised a hand upwards. "Hello, I'm Henry, An expert on Zalkords, I researched many species of alien creature from a young age, So I was hired as part of the team for research." he explained, his face soft and welcoming. "Pleased to meet you all"
In all honesty, he was scared, nervous about the entire expedition, but he couldn't drop out now, and, even fi he could, this team needed him. He wasn't skilled at fighting, but in a world where Knowledge is Power, he was indispensable

deamonstalker
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
"finally, the last one, there's the door." X6291 grumbled. "hey, Jenny, could you please do a sensor check, take in the hallways. as well as the room." The AI responded promptly with," there are several life-forms within the room, a Human behind us, as well as a Kaldorian, about to go through the very same metal detector that we have less than 3.58292849 seconds ago. the human is far too at ease." as she entered the door she came face to wall with wings, and it was saying '--mester Toril Arnadatter' as she side steps around it hears it say,'The alarms seem strange to me. They seem to be getting closer, yet I do not hear gun fire or see other signs of alarm. Will we need to defend this room?' cutting anyone else from speaking off she said "in response to that question no, you don't need to worry, those damn alarms are unable to recognize my metal frame, i suppose, i am known as X6291 and i was the commotion, oh, and there is someone else coming in the door in 3 seconds, you wont hear him though, they have skills in the art of stealth, i picked his bio signs up as i was walking in through the door. hey, can we all sit down now, because it is getting pretty crowded here at the door."after a second of sudden silence she says-seemingly to herself, hey, Jenny, say hi to these people, and use the speakers this time, not my mouth." and suddenly, a little figure appears at her shoulder, and then,"hello this is AI codenamed Jenny at your service."then the image vanished,"well then am i late as i thought or no?,and who has the Question 'How come you where making such a racket coming up here?' and before you raise your hands, i have no idea why, do you sir?" addressing the only one not interested in the affairs of everyone else. he was just going through paperwork, probably the files of everyone coming.

scarydodo
09-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Jaxon- "Can't you keep your introductions to a medium" he said gruffly, his brown eyes hardening. "Almost all of us are here, if there are any stragglers, that's there fault. I don't like late comers and they will be left behind. My name is Jaxon, and I'm your captain for the this voyage. I want to go there and back without any incident's happening with me crew. You have a problem and can't sort it out. That's your fault." He said his voice commanding authority. He looked at the crew. "If you have any problems then you go to your medic, that is what she is there for. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that are not stupid, and I will get you all there and back in one piece. What happens between our stop overs an on the ship. It's not my responsibility. Now if you don't mind I have to get this paper work sorted out so we can leave. I will debrief you all when everyone is here." He sat back down, not even looking at his crew. He disliked making connections with people, he hated people all together, it was because he was good at his job, and he loved doing what he did, that he stayed.

Alex- She ignored the no smoking sign, and walked over to a window and opened it, while lighting up the smoke. She took a drag and looked at the odd assortment of this crew. "Do remember, we are the best. Others have gone up before us and failed." She said to everyone. She watched as they all looked at her. "I'm your medic, Alexandria or Alex for short. She flicked her half smoked smoke out the window and stood up straight. "It's going to be a long journey. Any problems, come to me. He will probably kill you." She said pointing to Jaxon. She walked back over to the rest of the crew, and walked around them gaining an idea of there some of their organs are. "When some of you have a free time on this journey. I would like to get to know you, and where your organ's are, so I don't accidentally kill you, by removing a bullet or something." She sat back down, just as she heard the door close.

Ankerra's Rage
09-01-2012, 03:31 AM
Zeno-
"Zeno. we should head back." Omega warned Zeno as they passed through a military checkpoint without stopping. "Omega. shut up and monitor the thrust output and prepare reverse jets to level us out." they had a few military drones following them as they entered an asteroid belt. "use protocol E-23 and fire off the jets." the suit barreled through the asteroids barely missing many of them. as the drones got closer secondary systems were being shut off remotely. "Shut down your engines or we will be forced to take letal measures." the drones message was not to Zeno's liking but he complied. "damn military, ruining my fun..." "if i get blamed for this then im removing the software in all of your suit." Omega warned coldly. "that'll take months Omega. Program: aknowledge order: do not access any software unless specifically designated to." "Aknowledged. screw you Zeno." "such a nice AI you are...." the drones carried Zeno off in the Suit back to the base.

Dachief
09-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Vezinx was alittle worried about serving under a human captain... From what he had been told humans were weak, and spoiled by their resources. But after the captains flattering speech he felt more at home... However when the doctor started to walk towards him and began examining him he began to tense up. He didn't trust these people... Not yet anyway. And he didn't like someone walking behind him out of his sight... His kin would've been ashamed to see him threatened by a human. Especially a female. But he never cared much about what they thought of him... Vezinx had made a lot enemies in his career as a Kaldorian soldier... And he could never be too safe. And that's what separated him from the other Kaldorians... His intelligence... He looked over at the captain again shuffling through papers... Then over to the others... Giving a brief nod to what he assumed to be a human cyborg who had been looking his way. He then crossed his arms and closed his eyes... Seeming to enjoy the silence and peace

Tabob
09-02-2012, 06:31 AM
"Doctor. Your presence is required at the amphitheater for review. You shall appear in precisely 20." a husky female voice said via the intercom on Drezadr's desk. The very intercom that so happened to be acting as a pillow for him. Drezadr bolted upright at the noise am droopy-eyed pressed the respond button and voiced the two words so drilled into his mind, "Wilco command."

Drezadr sat there and rifled through his papers, grabbing the important ones and stuffing them into his portfolio quite hastily. He placed a large vial in a slot on the lower right corner of his desk and withdrew a sample of his nanites. He then smoothed his clothing as best he could picked up his portfolio and the vial and headed toward the door.

scarydodo
09-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Jaxon- Jaxon stood up.. "Well since we are all here.. finally. I guess I will debrief you all. Our mission, is too find the aliens called the Zalkords. We are either to bring about peace treaty terms or destroy them. Me personally I say destroy them, but it's up to the group. They are very intelligent, and already know alot about us. From what our information has said about them, they have advanced weaponry. Other then that all we know is their skin color is green." Jaxon looked around, his back straight, hands folded behind his back. "Our rocket is set to leave for space tomorrow night at 1700 hours sharp, if your not there, too bad... it's your loss." He continued to say. He was remember the last time he had faced the Zalkords, he almost died, if it weren't for Alex, being up there. He wondered if they would meet, the same lot of Zalkords or different ones. "You are all dismissed." And with that, he walked out the room, not waiting for a reply, or even questions. He would leave Alex to deal with it. He wanted to gather his things and talk to commander about getting himself off this mission.

TheTeeJaii
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Henry listened to the debriefing intently. The man, Jaxon, Spoke about their mission, finding the Zalkords, he spoke about what they were like, Henry let his mind wander, he knew all about the Zalkords, he had researched them, hell, that's why he was here. he tuned back in when they said he had to be here by 17:00 tomorrow. that gave him just enough time to make sure he was ready, both mentally and physically.

As he returned back to his quarters after being dismissed, he picked up the phone.

'Hello?' his mothers voice came after a few rings.
"Mum? It's Henry"
'Henry!? Oh God, are you okay?' she asked in a flustered tone
"I'm fine mum, I'm going tomorrow, So I had to phone to say goodbye"
'Oh, Henry, youre so grown up, Just yesterday you were dissecting slugs!'
"mum!" Henry laughed, smiling

they spoke for a full half hour, just chatting, henry was reluctant to hang up, knowing that it could possibly be the last time he ever spoke to her.

deamonstalker
09-02-2012, 06:36 PM
As the man at the desk finished talking and left the room, X6291 followed him out of the meeting room, and called out to him. "sir! wait! which docking station is the ship at, you forgot to tell us. Sir!" as she ran up to him, passing one of the numerous metal detectors, setting it off. "FRAG!!!!" she yelled. and halted, as the guards ran up and started to rip her apart, to search for something. as usual. as an after thought she yelled to him, " Hey! can you get the damn metal detectors to recognize me as a non-threat!?!?!"

Dachief
09-02-2012, 07:58 PM
"So that's it then." Vezinx wondered quietly to himself.... He knew why HE was here... Peace treaty? No... He wanted them all dead. For his people! But something inside him made him feel uneasy... Did he want them all to die? To feel what he felt? Or did he just want peace... "weakling" a voice rang through his head... "YOU'RE WEAK!" Vezinx felt his heart skip a beat... "father?" he thought to himself... "No, your wrong" Vezinx then stood and left the briefing room... Just as the door opened the metal detector went off... And Vezinx couldn't help but smile at the misfortune of the cyborg who set it off. but it was then he noticed... He had no idea where he was going. He looked back over hi shoulder at the female doctor... "Where is my room?"

Ankerra's Rage
09-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Zeno-

"Guard duty... its always guard duty...." Zeno sighed. his punnishment was not entirely bad but still degrating to be put to service of protecting something that didnt need protection. probably a rock, or some tree. he scowled at the AI that had told him his assignment. "Tessla, why does the general hate me?" the female AI had a erie voice, "The general does not hate you. he only wishes to keep you under control. Zeno, your father does what is best for the Army." "dont remind me of that fact..."Zeno dropped his head "Zeno, this scientist is of high value. he is working on technology that could make your S-AV a thing of the past." "just give me the coordinates that i need to go to for this assignment..." "i have given them to the Omega AI in your company. be there within the next couple of hours." "guess i better leave then. see ya Tessla. cut the transmission Omega." Zeno waited as Omega ended the connection and input the coordinates. "Location set. course plotted. ETA: 4.5 micro cycles." the engines roared in the Suit as Zeno sped away towards the location of his assignment.

scarydodo
09-05-2012, 03:48 AM
Alex- "I can show you, where your room is. But do you need anything from the shop first? I'm afraid they will be closed soon, and I need to stock up." She explained to the boy. "What room are you in, or are you not sure?" She asked. While walking out the room, sick of the metal detectors going off. She watched as Jaxon walked off and the workers quickly put her together.
"She's with me. I think you have searched her, about 10 times already in the past hour. Let everyone know she isn't dangerous." she said while the workers grimaced at her, then quickly smiled at her as they saw they she had flipped them a coin. "Of course Doc." She nodded. Alex turned to see if the boy was following her, or if he was ready to answer yet. She lit up a smoke ignoring once again the no smoking signs. Everyone knew her here, and they knew they couldn't get her to stop smoking so they just let her.

She smiled at the cyborg. "Do you need anything from the shop? They close soon." She asked. Alex started to walk away, not really caring if the others followed her or not. Her first objective at this moment was to stock up, and make sure they have everything that they need. All their rooms and stuff would be there. They even had their names engraved on the door. She turned a sharp left and then a sharp right. "It's my favorite customer." A male voice said, "Just in time too, like always." Alex smiled.
"Do you have enough for 2x times my usual amount?" She asked. "I've got a long journey ahead of me, and I don't know when I will be able to into a check in and restock."
The male voice replied. "You know I do love, I've always got enough for you." Alex smiled, she paid for the stuff, and asked to get it delivered to her room, and walked off. Heading towards the bedrooms, a scalpel in her hand, just in case.

deamonstalker
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
"She's with me. I think you have searched her, about 10 times already in the past hour. Let everyone know she isn't dangerous." The medic said while the workers grimaced at her, then quickly smiled at her as they saw that she had flipped them a coin. "Of course Doc." The guards said. backing away. As the systems check was running, X6291 acknowledged that the medic, Alex, had just said, "Do you need anything from the shop? They close soon." X6291 nodded, and followed her to the store. "Thanks for that, Alex."

While waiting for Alex's transaction to be completed, X6291 browsed the weapons display. After Alex had left with her order, X6291 walked up to the merchant. "what do you need?" he asked gruffly, "I need what is about to come on your terminal's screen delivered to my room on the ship." she responded, putting her hands on the metallic counter, allowing the AI to hack into the terminal and display the necessary items. Which the AI did not like. "Why do you have to show off? I don't understand." To which she promptly thought "why not? Its fun to see the looks of the people that I mess with."
The merchant's eyes grew wide, and said, "That is not very sporting, young lady" as he saw the display show what she wanted. "But this all should be about 3452 credits, including the shipping costs." she acknowledged his charge. "Thats fine, just take it out of my account." as she walked off.

Tabob
09-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Drezadr sighed and grunted his way down the hall.

*getting to be about time for another treatment* he though to himself, dreading the experience.

He was making his way to the central command board room where his work was to be analyzed. They always had some major issue pressing that required his tech now. Even though he knew they were already far ahead of any species within any reasonable distance. The technology he has spearheaded so far is capable of wiping entire civilizations off the face of any planet they chose, yet they always demanded more. Power hungry and greedy devils they were. However, regardless of that they funded him in any endeavors he wished to embark upon. If it wasn't for them he'd never be where he is. A wave of pride washed over him, causing him to stand straight, because he knows how he has been able to help so many people. Not only does his nanites enhance the body, they also heal. He has distributed countless shipments to critical care facilities across the kingdom, allowing them to more efficiently treat the battle wounded or terminally ill. So much more could be done but his bosses require results in the weaponry uses of his nanites.

Drezadr stopped before the large double doors to the board room. He took a deep breath, straightened his shoulders and pushed the door, swinging in as he walked to his place in the center of the floor. There was no chair, just a small table only big enough for his briefcase.

"So Drezadr," a slender bearded man said as he leaned forward. "What do you have to present us with today?"

Drezadr grimaced inside, knowing with this man only perfection is accepted.

"Your Greatness," Drezadr greeted with a bow, "I offer to you today the latest update of my nanites. You see up till today there was not always guaranteed success of the bonding between flesh and robot."

Drezadr opened his case to reveal the small vial of nanites. A door to the side opened and a pair of M.D.'s wheeled a volunteer into the center of the room, before Drezadr.

"With my latest improvements, failure of cohesion is not an option." he narrated as he began injecting the serum into the man.

The mans body became tense, strained as the nanites coursed through his body, latching on to his muscular system first. Soon thereafter his body relaxed and his eyes rolled to the back of his head, the outward reaction to the nanites assuming his nervous system. After only a short while the man relaxed fully and regained composure. It was outwardly visible by the straining of the already tight shirt against his muscles.

"You see, this man has been injected five times previously, in attempts to get him to sync." Drezadr addressed the board matter of factly. "it is known that some genomes do not accept the changes of the nanites, rendering the subject 'un-useable'. Now with my improvements, no man will reject treatment."

The Head of the board sat back in his chair, hand fingering his beard in thought. "Very well Drezadr, this will have to do for now. We will arrange a transport for you and your team to further develop this 'update' in our manufacturing facility." and with a wave of his hand, turns and exits the room followed by the other board members.

scarydodo
09-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Jaxon- Jaxon ignored the voice of the Cyborg. He had other important matters to attend to, like trying to get off this mission. He wanted them all dead, every single one of the misleading aliens. Jaxon wanted revenge, but he wanted to go it alone, not with a crew that will most likely stop him. He scowled as he walked the hall ways trying to find the commanders office, but knowing he wouldn't have much luck. He sighed when he finally came to the door he was looking for, and seeing the office was empty. Jaxon glared at the wall, trying to release his anger at being on this mission in the one glare. He walked away and headed towards his quarters, knowing he wouldn't be able to handle seeing everyone's emotions tomorrow. He just hoped that they didn't guess his plan.

Alex- Alex "Hey, it's no problem at all." She said turning around to nod at X6291 "Can I call you 'X'?" She asked the cyborg, Alex just wasn't sure if she could remember everyone's names, without shortening them. "Is there anything else you need?" She stopped not sure if the boy was still following her or not. "Boy, this is your room." Then she continued to walk of, heading towards her quarters. Lighting up another smoke, and smoking it, letting it relax her body and letting her think clearly, to see if she had forgotten anything. She knew where to go tomorrow, and she had got all the emergency supplies. She just needed a weapon. She sighed as she looked at the time. "I'm going to have to get it tomorrow." She muttered to herself. She stopped at another door. "This is your room, X6291, you should get some sleep."

- - - Updated - - -

Jaxon- Jaxon ignored the voice of the Cyborg. He had other important matters to attend to, like trying to get off this mission. He wanted them all dead, every single one of the misleading aliens. Jaxon wanted revenge, but he wanted to go it alone, not with a crew that will most likely stop him. He scowled as he walked the hall ways trying to find the commanders office, but knowing he wouldn't have much luck. He sighed when he finally came to the door he was looking for, and seeing the office was empty. Jaxon glared at the wall, trying to release his anger at being on this mission in the one glare. He walked away and headed towards his quarters, knowing he wouldn't be able to handle seeing everyone's emotions tomorrow. He just hoped that they didn't guess his plan.

Alex- Alex "Hey, it's no problem at all." She said turning around to nod at X6291 "Can I call you 'X'?" She asked the cyborg, Alex just wasn't sure if she could remember everyone's names, without shortening them. "Is there anything else you need?" She stopped not sure if the boy was still following her or not. "Boy, this is your room." Then she continued to walk of, heading towards her quarters. Lighting up another smoke, and smoking it, letting it relax her body and letting her think clearly, to see if she had forgotten anything. She knew where to go tomorrow, and she had got all the emergency supplies. She just needed a weapon. She sighed as she looked at the time. "I'm going to have to get it tomorrow." She muttered to herself. She stopped at another door. "This is your room, X6291, you should get some sleep."

Enigma
09-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Toril frowned as she checked the holographic station map her wrist omni was displaying, then turned it off. Apparently this was the place - Space Port One, a seedy bodega near docking port one. In front of the store, a green mannequin in a metal bikini was waving. Since it hadn't tipped over, judging from the three oversized mammaries it was sporting, the base had to be weighted - or more likely welded to the deck.

Steeling herself, Toril walked inside - and stood amazed. Never before had she seen such a collection of junk! There were spacer's coveralls, surplus military gear, flashlights, lighters, various knives and swords, patches and t-shirts, brightly colored flowered shirts handing from the ceiling...!

Next to the register stood a small display holding a series of military-themed figurines in plastic bubble packs. She picked up one and studied it most carefully - it was an over-muscled male glaring angrily back at her, dark skinned, wearing a campaign hat, a sleeveless tank shirt, a belted pair of bdu's bloused over black boots, and something black sticking out of its mouth, the tip glowing red. In each hand the tiny plastic man held large guns almost as big as he was.

"That's Sergeant Photon," a voice said. Toril looked up at a young bearded man wearing a dark blue T and a plaid shirt who had appeared behind the counter. "From Star Strikers. 16 credits, very collectable!"
"Star strikers? Is that a unit designation?"
"What, you've never heard of Star Strikers? Where are you from?"

Toril sighed and spread her wings. The young man leapt back wide-eyed.
"Lieutenant Angel!" he squeaked.
"Excuse me?!?"
"Come with me!" he yelled excitedly, leading her to the back of the store. Opening the "Employees Only" door, he pointed to a small shrine tucked among the shelves. There was Sergeant Photon, glaring at her, surrounded by other figures dressed in the same half-dressed military fashion, then on the next step were two blonde figurines - a male bearing human captain bars, with a stern look on his face - and a Valkyrii, dressed in a white flight suit, a pistol holstered at her side and gray wings, patterned like her own.

"I do not understand...?"
"The Star Strikers were a military unit that got cut off by Draconian Raiders!" the clerk gushed. "They fought against overwhelming odds against the Draconians to return to Earth...."

"Your culture worships warriors," Toril blinked. "I understand now. I am not your Lieutenant Angel however. I am Scout-Kvartermester Arnadatter from the planet Valkyria. I am about to be deployed for a mission but I am in need of suitable field rations as the supply shipment has not arrived yet. A search of the station's supply database told me that you have Valkyrii field rations in stock."
"Hey, yeah! I never actually thought one of you would come in looking for them, I keep them mostly for the fans."
"Fans?"
"You know - fanatics?"
"And what do they like doing with them?" Toril asked, despite herself.
"Most of them like to put it next to Lieutenant Angel," the man admitted, shrugging.
"I see, a ritual offering. Do you still have the rations in stock?"
"Uh, yeah, over here," the clerk admitted after shooting her a puzzled look, pulling out a box from one of the shelves. Toril smiled, reaching inside. Field rations! A month's worth at least! Seals intact, a few years old but good for two decades - Tolimar Stew. And so was the next one. And the next one.
"Are these all Tolimar Stew?" Toril demanded, glaring at the clerk.
"It was Lieutenant Angel's favorite."

Ankerra's Rage
09-15-2012, 12:40 AM
-Zeno
as Drezadr exited the room Zeno stepped into his path. "sir."he sood strait and lightly saluted the doctor. "i am in charge of protecting you while on this 'trip' of yours." he relaxed for a moment and studdied the man in front of him. 'Fox, run a bio scan on him. he doesnt look all to well.' he mentally commanded the AI he had implanted in his body years ago. though this was technically illegal for him to have so many AI he did not care so long as no one found out about them, especially Fauxus. the AI was the only reason he was able to control his mostly mechanical body. Omega still had no knowledge of Fauxus even existing despite how much it had scaned Zeno for any other AI. Perhaps it was the fact that Fox was made before AI were embeded with a line of code that emitted a identification code that corresponded with the owner and name of it. 'this "Drezadr" seems to be in good health.... for one so biologically old.' fox had reported quietly to keep from interfering with their conversation.