PDA

View Full Version : PvP Abaddon [OC]

Gengetsu Kenbu
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I have a wonder:
Would anyone be interested in participating in a PvP event, which I'll be hosting?
You might be confused so I'll explain things in detail now.

1. I'll host a fighting tournament and everyone who is interested may sign up for this tournament.
2. After you've signed up, you'll get to pick a character out of a list of various custom created heroes (most of them have anime style looks and techniques).
3. All of those custom heroes in the list, from which you pick, will be created by me and a friend of mine, so even if you do accidentally see the picture of an anime character you might know, trust me - it's not him and his abilities will have nothing to do with the original. I'm just too lazy and still inexperienced in sketching, in order to draw pictures for my own characters.
4. While browsing the list of available characters to pick, you won't know anything about them, except the name, age and story of your warrior. Only after you've verified your pick, will you be sent detailed info, with all his stats and abilities. That way you won't really know what kind of fighting style you'll be choosing, until after its too late (I don't allow changing your pick, so once you choose someone, you better not regret your choice ^.^)
5. When everyone who signed up for the tournament has chosen a character, I'll randomly select who'll be fighting who and the field on which you'll be fighting. After that, the battle begins.
6. Every battle will have its separate topic created (if the mods have problems with that, I'll probably have to host all the battles in one topic, but then it might become too big of a mess).

As for the fighting itself, I'll act as a judge and ultimately decide what happens, because I want to keep things fair and clean, to prevent anyone trying to PowerPlay or anything like that.

Here is how things work:
Player 1: Describes his fighting move and what he intends to do.
Player 2: Also describes his fighting move, how he intends to react to the other players attack and so on.
The Judge (me): Decides what actually happened and whose turn is next. (Lets say for example that it's Player 1's turn again)
Player 1: Continues with his next fighting post, reacting to player 2's actions and so forth.
Player 2: Again reacts to player 1 and does his own counter attack.

That's about it, I don't think its anything that complicated, once you get used to it. Besides, as I judge, I will not only decide on what effect your actions had, but I may also make some unforeseen event occur, to keep things interesting and etc.

To make this even more easier for everyone, here is an example battle, when a judge is leading it.

Player 1's post (some random samurai named Sugimoto):
Sugimoto knew there was no way out of this hellish pit. Just a quick look up revealed the iron bars, three meters above his head, which blocked the exit of the pit. He was in a dark and twisted trap, unable to escape on his own will. Then, just before desperation overtook him, he finally noticed the figure of someone else, a human, standing right in front of him. The samurai didn't need to be a genius, to figure out what was happening: He was supposed to fight for his own freedom. The question was, if he could attain victory and escape this cesspool pit, where probably hundreds of other lives were also lost in the past.
Drawing out his katana, Sugimoto discarded his sheath on the ground and readied him self for a fight by taking an offensive stance. With his knees slightly bent and his body leaned forwards, he slowly began moving towards the opponent. Step by step the distance between them shortened and within only a few seconds the enemy was within the reach of his trusted weapon. Swinging the sword with the intend to kill, the Japanese warrior aimed at the head of the enemy, trying to decapitate it from the body in order to grand him a quick and painless death. That was the least he could do to protect his own honour as one of the samurai.

Player 2's post (some random Ninja, named Hiromasa):
The first thing that Hiromasa noticed when descending into the pit was his enemy. He didn't have time or desire to pay any attention to his surroundings. They were probably ugly and disgusting anyway. Why should he waste precious time to look at them, when he could instead concentrate on the enemy before him? What he had come to do was fight and gain back his deserved place as a ninja operative of the secret order. Upon closer inspection, he could see that his opponent was a samurai, probably captured during a big battle and imprisoned here. That way nobody would actually look for him. After all, if you don't show up alive after a war, then you are considered dead - thanks to that, capturing test subjects, without being noticed by the government, was a child's play for the order, especially during wartime.
All that analysing was nice and all, but the time for that was over since the samurai had drawn out his weapon and decided to commence the battle. 'Poor fool, he still probably hopes to gain his freedom...' - those were Hiromasa's thoughts, right before he drew out two of his shuriken stars from within his cloth belt. The deadly stars were instantly thrown, one of them aimed at the enemy's wrist and the other at his forehead.

The Judge's post (Me):
The battle had began. Both of the fighters had engaged one another, forced to fight, just like the dogs in a dog fight. The only thing missing were the big crowd of gamblers, waging their money on who is going to be the winner.
Even though Sugimoto took the initiative and acted first - his opponent, Hiromasa, was apparently faster than him (due to the fact that he is wielding a lighter weapon + his stats) and managed to throw the shurikens, before the samurai had managed to swing his katana. Fortunately for "Player 1", due to Sugimoto's low fighting stance, the shurkien that was aimed at his head missed, parried by the katana. This is where his luck ran out however, because the other ninja star, managed to hit its target precisely, damaging the samurai's wrist and thus making him unable to swing the sword as he had planned.
Now both fighters were very close to one another, with just one meter of empty space between them both.
Sugimoto was still able to hold his katana, but his grip on the hilt has been considerably loosened, due to the damage from the shuriken - thus making his future attacks a bit weaker and slower than normal.
On the other hand, Hiromasa was still physically fine but having just used up both his shuriken, he was now unarmed against an enemy with a katana, right in front of him.
Now the question is - who will managed to make the most of this situation?
Hiromasa (Player 2) gets to go first this time, because he now has the advantage in speed. However he should note, that his actions are rather limited, as his character will have time to either concentrate on predicting the enemy's future attack and try to evade it or instead launch one on his own, by drawing out a new ninja weapon (if he has any left).

Note: Also I would like to note, that there is also one other new aspect to battles, which is only possible with someone acting as a jury: Secret Actions.
That means exactly what you think it does: Actions which your character makes in secret, without the opponent player being able to read them or know about them. Here is how this works:
You send a PM (private message) to the judge, describing your secret actions in DETAIL. That means what, when, how and why you do something, which the enemy is at the moment unable to see.
For example: You are hidden in a different room from where your opponent is. Thus he is unable to see you right now and when you write your battle post in the topic, you just describe some general stuff and thoughts of your character, without actually mentioning anything relevant to what you really are doing. In the meantime you send the judge (me), a private message, describing how you are constructing some sort of trap in the room, which will activate when the opponent enters it.
After that, I will answer you in private again, telling you my thoughts about your secret actions and that's it. From here on, you can proceed to try to lure your opponent into the room with the trap (or do whatever you want really) and if he actually enters, when my turn as a judge comes, I will have in mind your secret action and decide what happens - depending on your PM's and on what exactly the nothing suspecting opposing player does.

PS: If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them here. Also if you want to sign up for the tournament, once again - do it here.
I hope you'll be interested, since I have some experience in organizing such events and can guarantee you that the characters (and pretty much everything else, like fields, random events and so on) will be something, that would at the very least keep you entertained.

Biophysicist
08-31-2012, 10:00 PM
I'd give this a try.

Auki
08-31-2012, 10:00 PM
6. Every battle will have its separate topic created (if the mods have problems with that, I'll probably have to host all the battles in one topic, but then it might become too big of a mess).

A tournament would actually be better held in the Battle Arena Forum - It's a section designed perfectly for this type of game! Especially since that way, you would easily be able to have a seperate topic per battle~

I can move this thread to the Battle Arena Recruitment section if you'd like.

The Staff would be happy to help you set up a tournament and recruit for it, or you're free to manage it by yourself.

Gengetsu Kenbu
08-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't mind having my event moved there, however I'm a bit worried about something:
The battle arena forum seems to be an organized place with all of its sub-forums connected. However I envision my event as something completely separate from anything else.
Do you think that it would be a problem to have an event in the battle arena, which has nothing to do with all the other topics and rules in the arena?
If not - then I don't mind you moving this topic. :)

PS: Biophysicist, you're most welcome to. Glad to see my first participant sign up so soon! ^.^

Auki
08-31-2012, 10:16 PM
I'll throw you a PM so we can talk this over~

C:

Gengetsu Kenbu
08-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Very well, I'll be waiting. In the meantime - sign up is still open, so if anyone is interested, he/she can feel free to sign up. ;)

PS: The topic will be moved to the battle arena forum. This seems like the best course of action to me, after clearing things up with Rarity.