PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist: The Book of Flamel IC

Yoruyonaka
04-06-2010, 09:18 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q290/orihime00/AmestrisMap.jpg

The capital city of Ishbal was peaceful and happy. No fear. The other villages would trade with them. Other Ishbalan villages were connected with it's people. Even Amestrians were kind neighbors. Ishbal lay directly in the Eastern area of Amestris. The military had come to the east to protect it's flank from enemies, however it seemed useless seeing as the desert was too grand for an attack. Xing lay to the east was the excuse. Ishbalans didn't argue. They had no reason to argue and believed this a precaution. They didn't know about a conspiracy. They didn't know the terror that would soon rain upon their people.

Ishbalans worked happily in the city. Going to the market. Fixing a broken chair. At the center of the entire city lay the fountain. Cool water flowed from it. A place where anyone could go to have a drink or cool down their bodies in the heat. The center of hope in the desert country. A little girl ran through the streets. Her parents right behind her smiling and enjoying a day off. Some of the military were allowed city leave to enjoy the markets and see the Ishbalan sights. One man wandered on his own. His sights on the fountain. The Ishbalan girl ran to the fountain and cupped her hands for some water. The clear liquid ran down her throat cooling her. Her red eyes spotted the military man. She waved to him smiling.

A better look at the man and you could see bright blue eyes, blond hair. The perfect Amestrian man. His blue military outfit was clean and shining in the sunlight. He waved to the girl. A perfect smile formed on his face. The parents of the Ishbalan girl were talking to a man in the market. Unaware of the danger. Oblivious. The man walked forward and took a sip of the water. The liquid running down the sides of his mouth. Wiping the water on his sleeve he turned and smiled once more to the girl. She smiled back. He came closer to her and reached to his side.

"It will be all over," He said quietly so only the girl could here. "Very quick, I promise. This is very important. You will help start something. Help us find something as well."

Her red eyes were filled with confusion. She stepped back slightly. Without a second thought the Amestrian soldier brought out a gun. The cold surface right on the Ishbalan girls fore head. His blue eyes looked crazed. His mouth formed a crooked grin. The girl didn't know what just happened. She was in complete shock. This is how it started. This is how it all began. The man's blue eyes flashed purple, before his pulled the trigger. The bullet that started the chaos. The beginning of carnage. The search for something. Something with unimaginable power.

~Three months before the Ishbalan Civil War~

In the Amestrian capital of Central City stood the building that handled all military actions. Many thought it strange that the Führer King Bradley had the military organize itself. Yes, there was conflict in the south and north, but they were well defended areas. Under his supreme dictatorship, being a step ahead was always important. Troops were sent out already to protect the Ishbalan sector in the east. Many new State Alchemists have also joined. They have been either assigned to research or military leadership.

A woman with silver hair walked swiftly through the Central military headquarters. Her military outfit was new and had the ranking of a major. A silver chain could be seen at her side. This was the Crystal Wind Alchemist, Sabrina Maverick. Her blue eyes focused and determined, she continued on. The office she was headed to was the Military Assembly Administration. Orders were being sent out for well trained alchemists all over Amestris. Sabrina had an apartment in Central with her sister, but had yet to be assigned. A call was made for her to come to the headquarters. This was a chance for her to do good. On entering the room, the first thing she saw was a man with black hair in the blue Amestrian uniform.

The man turned as Sabrina entered. His dark eyes were serious and full of determination. She nodded to him when she saw his silver chain. Another state alchemist was called too, Sabrina thought looking to the desk, not surprised.

"Ah yes," the man at the desk started when Sabrina entered. "The young and potential Crystal Wind Alchemist, Sabrina Maverick. Glad you could join us. We are waiting on others, but please sit and make yourself comfortable."

Sabrina looked at the man to see he was older, maybe in his fifties. The other dark haired man sat down on a couch on the far side. Sabrina followed and sat next to him. She really hasn't met any other alchemist, but the ones who gave the State Alchemist tests.

"Major Maverick," Sabrina began putting her hand out to the man. "I am sorry, but I don't know your name. I have been brushing up on names for most of the State Alchemists, so I presume your new like myself."

He turned his head to her. Surprising her with a charming smile and taking her hand in his soft warm one. "The pleasure is mine," He responded. "My name is Roy Mustang. I am a major as well, but seeing as we are at the same rank I doubt formalities are needed. And yes, I am a State Alchemist, the Flame Alchemist to be precise."

His dark eyes softened from his serious one's slightly to Sabrina. She seemed quite interesting to him. The silver hair, the astonishingly peculiar blue eyes, and her pail skin. To think the girl was in the military. Roy's eyes saddened.

"Nice to have your acquaintance," Sabrina shook Roy's hand. "I bet your like most men I meet in the military. Wondering why in the hell a woman like myself joined?"

Roy's eyes widened. "Yes, I was wondering this," He replied. "Don't think me rude, but your quite a beautiful girl. War will ruin you."

"Everyone woman is quite capable to handle herself," Sabrina said glaring at Roy. "Understand that I could kick your ass, here and now. I am quite capable."

She turned her head away and remained silent. Roy was surprised by her remark, but decided not to retort. Things were only starting to get interesting.

Stryker
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
As the sun blanketed the land, there seemed to be a stirring amongst the townspeople. Everywhere you would look in the Capital City, you were sure to spot one or two alchemists as they made their way towards the military HQ. They were all headed towards the assembly hall as they were instructed to.

One alchemist was slowly making his way to the appropriate room, his military uniform flowing behind him as he calmly strode down the hallway along with the others.

-----

Being originally from Risembool, he wasn't completely acquainted with the Capital. Even though he'd been here numerous times for military purposes, there was always at least one new thing that caught him off guard.

"I still don't see why they couldn't just make the new recruits come and let the alchemists already in the military come at a seperate time so we don't get the whole initiation speech..."

After going to his hotel which was in the eastern part of the city to change into his uniform, he made his way to the Assembly.

-----

After arriving, he took a seat near the back, folded his arms over his chest and put his head down. He had no plans to initiate conversations or to get to know anyone at this point. For now, all he wanted was to get this whole situation over with and be on his way. Soon enough, someone sat down next to him and nudged him with his elbow.

"Looks like you didn't get enough sleep, eh?"

"..."

"Oh, I disturbed you. I'm sorry, juuuust trying to spread myself and get to know some people is all."

"..."

"Well, I'll be off then. I'll get you to talk one of these days." the man yelled as he walked off, waving. Before he got too far, he stopped and sped back to him.

"By the way, I'm Hughes! Nice to meet you." he told him before taking off once more.

"...Wonder if he knew that we'd met before..."

Tytun
04-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Exiting the apartment that he lived in with his military uniform on, Rodrick called for a cab to take him to the military HQ. Sitting in the cab with his train of thought running like crazy, he took a moment to cast his gaze out of the window. Almost immediately his gaze fell upon the two state alchemists that the cab passed by. Rodrick knew them by their alchemic ability only, but knew nothing to notice how his blood boiled just by looking at them.

Holding his arm with a grip, he thought to himself, "Come on, Rodrick... None of that. The morning just started..."

Upon arriving at HQ, Rodrick paid the cab driver and politely made his exit. Heading on up the steps and into the building, Rodrick stuck his hand into his uniform and pulled out a notice sent to him about two days ago. Reading it over, he reminded himself that, for some reason, he was suppose to make his way toward the Military Assembly Administration room. Folding the notice back up, he way his to the designated room. On his way there, he constantly passed alchemists, old and new alike. Every time, it got a bit harder for him to hold back a lingering hatred in his chest. By the time he reached the door to the room, he REALLY wanted to kick it open as hard as he possibly could. Taking the moment to lean against the wall opposite of the door, however, was his preferred plan and he did just that.

Resting his mind of the issue, he thought to himself, "Alright, look. It's not that bad, we just go in, figure out what the notice is for, and then leave. Quite simple, really, and we won't have to deal with any alchemists inside the room."

Nodding mentally to himself, he regained his composure and opened the door. Upon seeing the room's contents, his eyes glanced over the people in the room. Most were... state... alchemists... Closing the door behind him, trying his best not to slam it by 'accident', he then made his way to a chair and sat down.

With his eyes closed, though one of them slightly twitched in annoyance, he thought to himself, "The gods just REALLY want to screw around with me today, huh..."

DB.
04-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Someone had called Aaron out to the military HQ; he just didn't know who. And from what he could see, the was defiantly something going on. Dozens of Alchemists were walking into the building.

Aaron also walked in and saw that even the halls had many Alchemists roaming them.

Not paying much attention to them Aaron headed straight for the meeting room and as he opened the door noticed that there were already a few Alchemist there. Some of which he knew by reputation.

Nodding to acknowledge them he sat down at the nearest seat.