PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Air'rim

Sigma
04-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Millennia ago, the Demon Goddess Hellionus waged a war with both the gods and the mortal world of Air'rim. summoning a vast army from the depths of the underworld and gathering legions of loyal worshipers. they became a blight on the land need to be stopped. soon the nations united under one banner in repelling against her armies.

And for the past decade, the war was intensely fought by both sides. and in the finally Battle of the City of Ozen'mri, the gods themselves fought above the city against Hellionus. In the final act of ending this war. the gods sealed her away with all there power combined in a dark crystal and cast her out to the ends of the world, forever trapped in a dark dimension.

In the Aftermath. her armies were scattered and broken, the many demon lords warring against one another for control. thus becoming no more of a threat to the nations. However. after her defeat a prophecy was told of her return, that a mortal child born of her dark blood would guarantee her release and bring about a new age of darkness.

----------------

Tales of Air'rim
Chapter 1
Somewhere in Numvera

Opening Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npieQgyYcrw&feature=player_embedded)

In recent years, attacks by the Demon lords have gotten more frequent and more aggressive. two or three villages are attacked in a week, and fall afterwards. however, with them constantly fighting one another, the situation has not gotten any worse.

Something has driven the demon armies to the ferocity that was commonly seen in the Great War. many now fear the prophecy will pass and the Hellionus' return is immanent.

In the Kingdom of Numvera, the Demon Lord Saurizn, one of the most powerful lords in the region has begun his search for the chosen one. but not to revive the goddess, but to prevent such a thing from happening. because like many other lords, her return would disrupt their rule.

------------------

"KEEP SEARCHING!!" a demon (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Fantasy/character-1152.jpg) captain shouted to the top of his lung. standing over the charred remains of a building looking over a burned down village littered with human and elf corpses. "Put your backs into it you maggots!" he kept shouting down to the demon grunts and helspawn search the many bodies for the birthmark of Hellionus, and so far, there was no success.

"How goes the search? captain?" asked a deep raspy voice as a dark figure began to materialize behind the captain. "Have you eliminated the chosen one?"

"Not yet...my lord." he replied,with a hint of fear and nervousness in his tone. "I-i-'i'm sure we'll find the One....just give the time to-" in an instant, the dark figure disappeared in a second and reappeared up-close in front of the captain, his sickly green skeletal hand gripped around his neck. the shadow soon lifted off the figure to reveal lord Saurizn (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Fantasy/character-2111.jpg). "Time is what I don't have....captain...and I do so ever hate my time being wasted....." he then let go of the demon captain, gasping for air. "He..or she is not here....assemble your troops now and move to the next settlement. do not fail or you will pay with your life." he then turned back and walked towards a shapeless dark mist, vanishing once more from sight.

moabete
04-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Harki was walking past a group of humans when one shouted "DEMON!!!". He gets this alot because most of them have never heard of him. "Don't be so foolish humans I come in peace." Harki said but none of the humans acknowledged it he heard "Liar he is here to summon his underlings." one human said. "He will feast on our bones and use our skulls to drink with." another human said while he was running. Harki always expected this when he saw a human. So he just ignored them as he walked. His objective was to make it to the next town and hide out, he figured that this town would be hit next because of the so called chosen one was rumerd to be there. Sheka was close behind him. She never leaves his side for anything accept a command. Harki found Sheka when he was rebelling against the demons he found that these lower class demons where being tortured and so he freed her. Not very much is known about her accept that she is a lot stronger than she looks. Harki noticed that Sheka's power never seems to stop growing and that intreagued him. Just when he was thinking a human kid ran up to him "Cool fox mister where did you get it!?" the kid said with an overjoyed accent. Harki was surprised that a human would talk to him before he had to explain what he was "You, aren't afraid of me?" he said in a confused voice. "No" the kid said "should I?". "No you shouldent be" said Harki. "Then why ask" said the boy. "Well, I'm a demon" said Harki. The boy looked alarmed and he thought he was going to run away than he shouted "A demon!" then he continued on "that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard you are human." "No I am a Demon that is why I have this horn and this pet." said harki in an awkward tone. He has been called Demon, monster, abomination, killer but never human. This was a first for the demon for he has always considered himself a demon the protector of man but human, that just sounded absured. "No you are human my mom said it is not the flesh that makes you demon it is what is on the inside that makes you demon or what wasent on the inside." the boy said in a smart tone. "Are you talking about the heart?" Asked Harki. The boy smiled and said "Yes a demon is the same as a heartless human. And a Demon with a heart is a human you see it is simple." Simple the kid said it was simple Harki realized that the kid was serious and that he was taought by someone who new a Demon but not just any Demon a kind Demon. "Kid can you take me to your mother?" asked Harki. The kid frowned "I don't have any parents I'm an orphin." An orphin how has this kid survived. He thought about it a moment and said "Kid do you want to travel with me for a while?" Sheka's tail began to wag she was lonely only traveling with Harki all this time now she is going to have a companion. "Shure" He said "just come with me to my foster home so I can pack my things".

Lord Tully
04-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Zathlan waited in the woods surrounding the decimated village, backed by a small contingent of soldiers, Zath took note of what small part of the conversations he could hear. "Let's take them now." one of his companions said as he almost stepped out of the forest, "NO!" Zathlan whispered grabbing the man's shoulder, "Look." he pointed to the figure that materialized, "You probably wouldn't know this, but that is a Demon Lord capable of destroying us with barely a thought. We wait." and so they waited for the Demon Lord to dissappear before turning to the over zelous human "Now we can kill them. CHARGE!" and like a rampaging flood the elf and his fellows exploded out of the trees and charged the Helspawn.

L
04-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Small Monastary at the foot of the Numvera Mountains

The small demon scream in pain, yanked at his arm but couldn't move it.

'Talk'

The imp's response can not be repeated, but it involved Raetek, his steel staff and an unnatural act with a dragon.

Raetek did not care anymore. His foot pinned the imp only to stop him escaping. But now he pushed down, shattering the bones in the tiny demon's arm.

The imp blabbered in terror.

'Why?' The flat, monotonous tone, of Raetek's question should have been a warning for the demon, but again he swore at the giant boulder staring down at him.

Raetek raised his foot and the demon tried to scramble away, but the Golem's foot came down again, crushing the imp's foot. Then, he bent down, wrapped his massive stone fist around it's neck and hoisted it in to the air like nothing.

'Why did you do this!"

Around him, the Monastary burned. Dozens of monk's lay around him, dead. Many demons too. After seeing his brethren mudered so callously, Raetek was taken back to the War. He didn't like to think about it, but the smells of burned wood, burned flesh. The circling of birds looking to feast on the dead.

And the War had come back to him.

Raetek had killed most of the Demons in his rage. Violently. But the damage had been done, and Raetek knew he no longer had a home.

The Golem shook the demon violently.

'WHY!!!'

The imp grinned viciously through the pain and blood smearing his face. 'The Chosen One will be ours!'

Raetek had heard rumors of the prophecy. But he had dismissed them as wild rumor and fantasy of simple folk. But that it could be true...

With a squeeze, the imp slumped in the Golem's hands without another word and Raetek absently tossed him roughly against a half-crumbled wall.

'All I wanted was peace'

Raetek grabbed his staff, currently laying stuck through the chest of a larger demon, and left the home he'd known for hundreds of years. The home he'd found to escape the horrors of the war. Now it was back.

And Raetek would make sure it NEVER happened again.

Candylovez
04-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Samantha walked into the village to be greeted by hudnreds of people runnign and screaming. She shook her head at the panic, when in a threating situation, the main target is to remain calm. Panic causes a rush of chemicals that confuse the brain. Didn;t everyone know that?
A Little boy skittered past, and with lightning speed she grabbed his collar and picked him up. He reeked of the human stench, so, this was a humani village huh.
"You, human kid, what's going on?" She demanded. He was stared at her with shocked eyes.
"Lemme go!" He yelped.
"Once you explain."
"The demon lord Saurizn, his army and his hellspawn and his hell are heading this way, they're lookin' for the chosen one. The last village they wiped out entirely, so, sos we all gunna die!" He cried, tears runnign down his grimy face. Sam let the kid go and smiled, she'd get to see demons in action! Back at the acadamey everyone had been sayign about the firece warriors that were th demon lords and captins, and the feared hellspawn which were savages in mass, deadly to all. She'd been looking forward to watching these things in action.

So why was this Demon lord looking for someone? Sam had heard whisperes of a prophocey, a mortal who would restore the powers of a great goddess, a fury from above that had walked on earth. All sounded a bit over the top to Sam, but it would still be intresting to see what was up. As people ran with their belongs past her in the opposite direction, Sam bolted up to the other end of the village, jumping onto a house roof. She oculd see the destruction of a village a mile away, it was simmering like ash. Her old friend Kate would of said that was the most awesome thign she'd ever seen. Sam just shrugged and looked for a good tree to climb and watch as the party began. A huge oak was sittign right in the middle, good luck so far. Once Sam was sitting in the top, she watched hwo the other's acted. Many people were fleeign itno the town hall, carrying children and food. One man was holding a sword and boastign of how he;d frighten them all away, shouting to a crowd, who were cheering. Idiot, thought sam, never, rule no. 4, go into a battle you're bound to loose, no matter the bounty, honour or pressure.

moabete
04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Harki followed the human boy to the foster home. when they got there the kid told Harki to hide as to not frighten any of the children or make the caretakers angry. When the kid was away he started to look around there where lots of kids and not enough caretakers.
As he was looking around Sheka started to growl towards the north. "What is it girl you smell something?" Harki never got a response she just sat there and growled.

A few minutes later the kid came back with a worried look on his face." What is the mater kid?" He said with an odd expression. "Real Demons just destroyed a village to the north and they are marching this way". This worried Harki "Did you tell them to leave!?". "They where already packing up when I got there." Said the kid. "Ok lets get to the next village and stop them" said Harki. "What go where the demons are going!" "Yes, and I will fight them while you hide in a nearby cave that I slept in for some time it is just west through those trees it is five minutes away now go I'll come find you afterwords Sheka will go with you." Just as Harki said this he started to sprint towards the next town.

Lord Tully
04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Zath's men took most of the Helspawn by surprise and smashed through the scattered ranks they tried to form. Zath himself led the charge with his spear thrust forward and could impale several Helspawn quickly. Although the were slightly outnumbered the surprise attack allowed the soldiers to quickly outmatch the small swarm and sent several of them running. The battle ended quickly with few of Zathlan's human comrades injured, fortunately one of the higher level Helspawn was able to be captured and questioned. "Search for survivors." He ordered a few of the men before going to the captive. "Alright vermin, you're going to tell me what I wish to know and maybe I'll grant you a swift death. Now where is the rest of the horde? A group this small doesn't raid an entire villiage, tell me your objectives."

L
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Raetek had walked for weeks. He'd come across a few destroyed villages, burnt to the ground. And so many dead. He didn't dwell at these villages, moved on as quickly as he could. The smell and sight of the desacration made him sick to his stomach.

So he pushed on, moving towards... what? He didn't even know where exactly he was headed. But he kept walking.

He saw the smoke first.

He stood at the top of a large hill. Far to the west was a tower of smoke. Closer by was a village. This one untouched the demons.

Untouched so far

He knew the smoke could only mean that the demons had recently attacked whatever was there. And he knew that the next target would probably be the village below him, so Raetek began the slow climb down the hill towards the village.

While he didn't want war, he would assist where he could.

Candylovez
04-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Sam was busy sharpening her knives when she saw someone was coming down the hill to the village. Hadn't they spotted the running, the screaming, the panic ect ect ect. She shrugged and looked over at the burnt down village, there must of been quite a few hellspawn to do that, she thought.

GraftRaven
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Krath looked across the landscape, surprised by the progress Saurizn had made over the past day, the last town must have been a pushover. As it was he saw Saurizn's army departing the last town and making their way towards the one below him, suddenly he felt the prescence of a Golem, then turned sharply and evaporated before Raetek saw him. Back with his helspawn in a small clump of trees not far from the village Krath led them to the south city gates and, seeing that they were closed, blasted a hole through a weak part of the wood. The few people nearby screamed and fled back towards the center of the village.

Krath drew his twin swords, then shouted orders to his helspawn. "Leave the humans alone, this fight is with Saurizn only. Spread out, hide in the alleys, strike at the humans only if they strike at you!" Krath was not going to weaken the village if he wanted to stop Saurizn here.

moabete
04-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Harki soon entered the village which was pretty much deserted. He went to the center of town where there seemed to be a presence of life but he could not find it so he decided to look around some more.

After searching the village for a while he decided to make some traps and barakades to help defend from the hellspawn. So he used some magic to help move large wagons and barels in the streets near the middle of the village so he can fall back to position if he gets overtaken. Then right outside of the village he put barels of oil out in the field so he can set it aflame it will destroy the crops but also everything in it at the time. Now he was ready to defend this town from an army.

Sigma
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
The Demon Captain begun to snicker at the elf soldier, looking up to him. "I'll be quick, we're searching for the Chosen one....my lord Saurizn wishes to kill him as many others do." he paused and before continuing, he turned his head east. "The bulk of the horde is marching for the next nearest settlement led by lord Saurizn himself....better be fast and kill me if you want to stop his rampage. not that you will....hehehe."

------

Meanwhile, the vast horde marched along the plains of Numvera, drawing closer to the now almost empty village. soon the Saurizn's horde halted from where they stood just a few meters away.

The various helspawn and demon warriors cleared up as two large brutish creatures (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Fantasy/creature-69.jpg) carried Saurizn's throne where he sat. he glared at the village a moment before giving the order to charge. he threw his hand out signaling the army to advance.

moabete
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Harki watched as the horde marched towards him. He was concealing himself from other demons and the horde. He saw as the horde was marching through the field he was going to wait until most of the enemies where there.

After he counted to 5 silently to himself then he set the field aflame. He saw as they broke in rank and scattered around like ants with no home.

Lord Tully
04-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Zath nodded to the men holding the Demon to signal them to kill it. He then grabbed a scout by the arm, "Go and tell the general everything he said. and bring back reinforcements quickly." The scout acknowledged his orders and ran as fast as he could to the general's base, after a reasonable amount of time and after finding no survivors Zath shouted to the rest of the troops, "We're going to slow that horde down hopefully the villiagers will have time to escape. I don't know anything about a 'chosen one' but if Saurizn is looking for him we must protect him, now let's move."

The scout eventually reached the general to report what he was told, "General, Zathlan requests reinforcements, a Helspawn horde is moving through the countryside and he's moving to stop them. Also a Captain told us that someone named Lord Saurizn is looking for some 'Chosen One' and is levelling entire towns to find him."

Lake
04-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Chast sighed. His dream for adventure was turning into a simple caravan ride. He was thankful however, that these band of merchants were giving him a ride to the next village. He flipped his cutlass in his hands, wondering if he would ever get to use it, and if so, then when, and if when, then on what? Wondering what if would be like to slay a demon, something that traveling warriors often boasted about back in his home village of Chantle, Chast toyed with the idea, think heroic thoughts of himself.

Then came a scream, a deafening high pitch. It was distant, and Chast looked over top the caravan to see a horde of villagers running mad in a village , proclaiming that death was coming, that the Hellspawn and Demon Lord Saurizn would come to kill them all. As soon as these exclamations were exclaimed, the caravan whipped itself around and headed in the opposite direction, throwing Chast onto the ground. "Some friends..." he muttered as the wagon pulled away. Standing up and brushing himself off, Chast looked in the direction of the center of the village. Even if he didn't want adventure, it was about to strike him where it mattered- the head. Or the arms, legs, chest. Anywhere a Hellspawn could kill you. Chast merely sheathed his cutlass and followed the rest of the villagers, hoping he would find some more information about the upcoming attack.

L
04-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Raetek had seen the demons advancing on the other side of the village, and slowly made his way down until he happened up on a man wearing a black bandanna and black jacket picking himself and dusting the dirt off his clothes. He also swore the cutlass tied to his belt.

He walked up behind the human and tapped his shoulder as lightly as possible (Raetek had once dislocated a priest's shoulder doing such). When he had the human's attention, he spoke quietly, pointing towards the demon army.

'Demons. We should help'

moabete
04-09-2010, 09:20 PM
As Harki was watching the Hellspawn burn in the field he noticed a small group that was going around so he personally dealt with them. He walked out of the fire and stepped in front of them. Immediatly he heard "That is the traitor!!." "Get him now!!". Harki just stood there in his armor and sword. They rushed him from the front. "Weak" he said aloud as he grabbed the one close to him and threw it into another. As this happened another was sneaking behind Harki. It started to attack that is when Harki thrust his arm out to his side useing the rotational inertia he smacked it with the side of his blade that made it fly into another group that was going to reinforce them. "Ah you may be weak but your numbers are great. I shall have some fun with this." After Harki said this he noticed that he was surrounded on all sides. The hellspawn all started to run and attack. Harki Immediatly stepped back "Ah!, as I thought you are dumber than rocks." Harki said this as three hellspawn ran into one another when he moved. Some others where triping over there own feet. Harki just took up his blade and cut two down with and outward swing. Just as five others where starting there attack it looked like it was planned. It was, the all charged strait at him from every direction. This time however he noticed to late and had to wait and embrace the attack. Just as they where going to hit He swung his sword at one of them but it dodged by jumping into the air. Harki then rolled to the left but as he was getting up three more where already upon him these had no weapons they where just trying to hold him down. "You are good this took some time but you forget I am a lord." Just then as he was down and the rest of the hellspawn where just about to enter the town he used his power and brought the dead back to life. Now him having this power he can bring back a whole dead army that are imortal for 30 seconds after that the body turns to ash. This is his alternative to summoning hellspawn. His undead warriors got up from there eternal slumber and started to attack the remaining hellspawn. There where plenty besides the ones he killed personally. The hellspawn holding him down where killed by flaming undead. He quickly got up to watch the devastation it was beautiful "I might not need to fall back to the center. It whent just the way I planned." Harki said as he smiled.

Sigma
04-13-2010, 01:16 AM
The heldpawn army soon broke and fled from the demon lord and his undead warriors, fleeing to their master. from where Saurizn sat, he could see the whole battle take place, angered by this intervention. "So the traitor arrives to challenge me? I will not give him such a leisure." he then levitated from his seat and landed down in front of one of the creatures. stepping forward as he begin chanting in an language long lost to air'rim's magi. he soon moved his arms in a strange circular motion as a glowing green rune appeared on the ground.

"Eve'vestia, nostros, ishi, shojumi!" he shouted out as a giant green demon (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Fantasy/Warrior-471.jpg) rose from the ground, roaring out to the sky. it's wail could be heard throughout the region.

Saurizn then turned to face Harki with a glare. "Charge! destroy this village! and kill the traitor!" the giant demon led the charge as it raised it's sword and thrust it towards harki. while the remainder of saurizn's horde followed behind.

moabete
04-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Harki was killing some of the retreating demons when he heard chanting. He soon realized he was in danger when a green demon started to come from a green glow in the ground. This demon is a formidable foe for Harki. He smiled "I knew there was something up your sleeve.
As it ran toward him he summond the last of the undead that was around. He figured that they could handle the hellspawn as he waited for the demon.

Atrum Daemon
04-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Dethsed watched the conflict in the village from safety in the nearby woods. A makeshift scrying pool was allowing him to view the entire battle and decide if he wanted to get involved. Though classified technically as a demon lord, Dethsed had no Hellspawn of his own to command and did not want any. He had never been a mere soldier in the service of the now missing goddess. He had been her Archon. He huffed a sigh and picked up the red, horned face-mask he wore and slid it back on. With the mask framed by a mane of silver-white hair, even his now human body was able to look demonic.

He tapped the rock with his staff and the pool closed, leaving the rock looking as untouched as it had before Dethsed fiddled with it.

An entire flank of Hellspawn was suddenly consumed by fire entwined with ice. It was a trick Dethsed had learned from his departed assistant Draegor and something he had grown to enjoy using even if it was a completely ridiculous spell. Through the wall of flames stepped Dethsed, slowly turning his head from side to side to view the defenders of the village and Saurizn. “I’m gonna guess he hasn’t yet fully grasped the idea of locating the chosen one BEFORE annihilating village after village,” Dethsed said to himself with a smirk.

RayleighScattering
04-16-2010, 04:16 AM
"My lady, the caravan was either warned of the attack or has been taken by the enemy. We have to leave now before our way is lost."

Lady Karrigan D'viere's brows furrowed as she lay a calming hand on the nose of her flustered horse. The screams of both villager and villain were making him anxious to be galloping away and he kicked up puffs of dust to get his point across.

"Shhhh Jack. We'll be fine my darling." She ran her hand over his mane of black hair, instantly settling him down. However, the armored man towering next to her was not put at ease.

"Let's make haste my lady."

Karrigan simply nodded and followed her guard's directions, mounting Jack quickly and following behind as he rode from the stables out to the cobbled road. It had taken much less time than they anticipated for the hellspawn to reach this section of the village and bodies filled the street in battle. Men with pitchforks and scythes for defense barely scathed the fiends before they were torn down like the wheat they themselves harvested. Her shock caused her to pull on Jack's reins slowing him and creating a gap between herself and her bodyguard. He glanced behind to see what had hindered her and was struck by an arrow.

It sank easily into his neck and he fell from his mount to the street.

She screamed. The hellspawn who had unleashed his bow on her guard now released a second arrow aimed for her. It whizzed over her head as she slid down from the saddle, rapier in hand and ran at the archer full speed. He dropped the bow to draw his axe but only brushed the handle before being impaled upon Karrigan's sword.

She had acted on impulse, and was now trapped. People ran in all directions still fleeing for their lives. Behind her Jack was rearing his head and crying out to her. He was fighting off another foe. She would have turned to help her faithful friend, but another spawn was already drawing a sword on her and Karrigan fell quickly in a clash of blades, for the first time in her entire life, using skills she had thought she would never need.

L
04-18-2010, 04:59 AM
(OOC – Chast is under my control until Lake returns)

Raetek and Chast ran through the village. The odd demon, far from the fighting, met with a quick end from either Raetek's staff or Chast's cutlass. A few weaker ones broke at ran at the sight of the Golem.

Since there meeting, Raetek had barely spoken a word. Even on their first meeting when the Golem had declared they should assist and Chast had made some excuses, Raetek had merely pulled the smaller human along with him, though Chast admitted to himself that he hadn't put up much of a fight.

Moving through a side street towards the sound of lots of fighting, Raetek suddenly placed his staff across Chast's chest, signaling to stop. He then pointed to scene in front of them – the main square filled with demons and undead fighting... a demon? And a dragon rising from the ground?

Raetek pointed towards the demon in the center of the chaos who seemed to be fighting the invaders. 'We should assist him'

Without another word, Raetek threw his entire mass in to the wave of hellspawn... one's head shattering under the whack of his staff, another sent flying with a back hand slap.

Chast resigned himself to the fight and also attacked, his cutlass deftly slicing and skewering hellspawn with a grace that was the direct opposite of Raetek's unsubtle bludgeoning.

Between the 2 they started to carve a path of destruction through to the humanoid demon with spiky armor.

Sigma
04-21-2010, 06:36 AM
The demon giant attempted to cut harki away in bloody pieces, however he was too close for the giant sword to be of any effect and was tumbled upon the ground, sending minor tremors across the battlefield. "Get up you buffoon!" Saurizn demanded of the demonic giant. "Strike the traitor down!" soon after the demon lord saw his warriors consumed in fire and ice. he grew angry with this intervention.

"Who dares challenge I?! he shouted out to the sky. "Saurizn, Lord of the South! the most feared and powerful among the Demon Lords of Numvera!"

moabete
04-21-2010, 07:40 PM
As Harki saw that the big demon was a clumsy one he took this chance to use his own magic. Harki was fond of his talent for it not many could match his. He held his hand high and summond more undead with the dead bodies scattered but this time they where glowing and there where only five that he summond. At this moment the undead hurled themself at the beast and grabbed hold. Harki shouted "Shin Fumo No Tinta" this is a forgotten language even to demons. At that moment all the bodies that grabbed the demon exploded.

Atrum Daemon
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
“Over here, Saurizn,” Dethsed called. “It is Dethsed, former Archon, who comes.”

Dethsed kept a cool air about him as he stepped closer to Saurizn. “If you are indeed as feared and powerful as you claim, why do you not fight yourself? I was always told that the character of any lord should be shown by the lord himself not how many or what kind of minions he possesses.”

He struck the ground with his staff, encasing an attacking Hellspawn in a spiked cage of stone. “Oh, and before you start: I killed all those minions of yours simply because they were in my way. I only came to ask why you are wasting time and resources searching for the so called ‘chosen one’ in just a brutish manner. Wouldn’t it be more feasible to locate the child first and then swoop in and kill him, his family, and his village? It’s a fair question, no?”

Sigma
04-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Saurizn's eyes widened after what the one called "Dethsed" said. was he once the Hellionus' Archon? he dared not think about that, however the thought did not linger any longer as he was enraged by Dethsed words. "This was merely a set back!" he shouted. "I will find the chosen no matter the cost...as for you. You wish me fight? then we shall fight!"

Saurizn soon levitated once more and clutched his hands as dark orbs of energy begun forming around his hands.

RayleighScattering
04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
There was a break in the fighting. Karri moved quickly, mounting Jack and taking off in the direction that appeared to have the least hellspawn. As she rounded the corner of the street, she witnessed even more hellspawn, and what appeared to be their leader and a few others repelling them. Among these heroes was a golem. She startled for just an instant, never having actually seen one before.

Then the hellspawn nearest focused their attention to the rider. Spears whistled as they ripped through the air at her. Jack reared high and she fell back as they took the courageous horse in the chest. He crumpled to the ground screaming.

Karrigan had never heard a horse make that sound and she watched in horror as her dear companion slowly quieted and closed his eyes. Something struck her abruptly in her chest and she glanced down expecting to see the shaft of the hellspawn's spear in her heart. But there was nothing. Fury was the next thing to erupt in the young woman.

Standing was surprisingly easy. So was running her blade through the spawn that charged her. The next one was a bit of a challenge but she made progress and soon without realizing it found herself very close to the center of the battle. She eyed a hellion on a rooftop about to jump down onto the golem. She shouted to the tall stone creature, pointing her blade towards the ambushing creature.

"On the roof! Watch out!"

L
04-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Raetek was engrossed in bludgeoning a hellspawn in to the dirt when he vaguely head a shot above the roar of the battle. Something about a roof.

The Golem, honed by years of combat, instinctively spun and saw a hellspawn beginning his jump of the roof – it would have landed on his head were it not for the shout.

Instead, Raetek instinctively slipped both hands to one end of the staff and swung it, baseball bat style, at the hellspawn currently in midair.

As the staff connected, the demon seemed suspended in the air and almost seemd to fold in half from the impact of the swing and a loud crunch of shattering bones could be heard.. Then, as Raetek followed the swing through and gravity took over, the hellspawn flew backwards, soaring well over the building it had just jumped from, and moments later a loud thud.

He took a moment to look around for the source of the warning and saw a girl, sword in hand, killing another hellspawn. He nodded his thanks, then smashed another demon that sneaking up behind her.

'I'm Raetek.... Stay with me'

He looked around, trying to find Chast, hoping to get everyone together in to a more cohesive unit.

moabete
04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
When Harki saw the Demon fall he realized that it had died. But in too many pieces for him to rezurect. He then retreated back into the city behind some more traps that he set. He was walking calmly when a hellspawn fell out of the sky in front of him. "It seems that I am not the only one that can fight back." Harki said this as he turned and set for the direction the hellspawn came from.

As he approached there where 2 beings that where fighting the hellspawn together, one seemed professional and the other clumsy but they where holding there own. He decided to help from afar and rezurect the corpses they have slain to help them.

Atrum Daemon
04-30-2010, 10:32 PM
“I suppose I have some time to play with you,” Dethsed said lazily. He struck the ground with the butt of his staff, causing a blast of pure energy to rocket from the tip and fly straight for Saurizn.

Whether he was taking the fight seriously or not was difficult to tell. All his movements were nonchalant and fluid, suggesting he did not think much of Saurizn, but his eyes were hard and focused, conveying that was giving some measure of concentration to the fight. But, that might have been because he knew Saurizn was still a demon lord, despite his “set back.”

toxias
05-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Gabriel Dundian was nestled deep within the small library of the town, happy enough to have found the library. He had been meaning to travel to another bigger city, but had been held up here. You could never tell what one could find hidden in the pages of seemingly insignificant books. Gabriel had already plowed through a good section of the library in his three days in the village. Now, he was characteristically hemmed in on three sides by towering book stacks. Even as time passed, he gently closed the book he was reading and reached for one on top of a shrinking pile. It was only then that he realized things seemed to be shaking. A small frown creased his face. There couldn’t be a demonstration here, the town was too small. Perhaps…

At that moment, another tremendous trembling shook the library. Gabriel’s eyes watched as his books teetered and his hand shot out to catch a falling tome. What was going on? Gabriel stood up, even now making sure to push his chair in as a courtesy to whoever had run the library. It was a good thing he did so, for this motion saved his life. His single step in brought him out of the range of a raging fireball the ripped through the library, creating two symmetric holes in either side of the library. In one of the holes stepped a hellspawn. Gabriel’s first through was, The books!

His second?

Crap.

L
05-16-2010, 05:28 AM
Turning back to the action, Raetek pushed on, smacking anything that got in his path. Even the massive Golem couldn't take on everything at once though, and eventually Raetek was brought to his knees, covered in dozens of Hellspawn, all clambering for his blood.

Raetek refused to give in though – throwing out his massive strikes and knocking a few of the demons flying here and there. But the numbers were against him and their constant attacks started to overwhelm the Golem.

Through the attack, Raetek could also see the dead Hellspawn rising up around him and he let out a groan. Mercy... not even killing them works was all he could think.

Raetek continued to attack as effectively as possible but was forced to his hands. Hellspawn used the opportunity to jump on his back, pummeling him with blow after blow.

Sigma
05-18-2010, 03:18 AM
The hellspawn creature gnarled and growled as it took a few steps closer to Gabriel, glaring at him before turning around and shrieked out to close by hellspawn. alerting them of finding a straggler. the creature grinned at Gabriel, dropping it's sword and shield and charged towards him with a terrifying scream.

Elsewhere, a few hellspawn attacking the golem had ceased. fleeing as they heard one of their brethren' call.

--------

Saurizn watched as the demon mage rocketed towards him, laughing as he sped towards him as well, preparing to launch the dark orbs. "We shall see who is the better!" he shouted out.

RayleighScattering
05-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Karrigan barely avoid a blow as she slid to the ground running her rapier across the ankles of a hellspawn. The creature groaned as he fell to his knees. Recovering, she stood and ran the fiend through with her blade. She sprinted to Raetek who had more than a few spawn beating him down.

Karri ran full force into one knocking him off the golem and taking his place at the stone giant's back. The other spawn were distracted as they watched the astonishing force of this women knock their brother into the cobles. Stunned a bit herself, the nearest hellspawn elbowed the girl in the face. The sudden dull pain increased her fury and she skewered the foe easily.

The taste of metal filled her mouth and she knew her lip was bleeding. Ignoring the pain she continued to fight the spawn off of her ally.

"Raetek!" She shouted. "Stand my friend! Quickly!"

Lake
05-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Fending off his own personal onslaught of Hellspawn, Chast tried to stay close to Raetek as possible. Inevitably, they became separated, but fighting through the crowds he managed to arrive near the large figure. Panting heavily, Chast continued to block blows by Hellspawn, slicing at them with every chance he had. Looking over once more at Raetek, Chast noticed a new figure. A girl, and a fellow swordsmen. Out of the corner of her eye he noticed her style, night quite amateurish yet not at the level of a professional soldier. She could hold her own though, that's for sure.

Overhearing that the golem's name, Chast decided that now would probably be the most suitable time for introductions, as these might be the last "people" he would meet.

"Name's Chast. Any idea how long this will last?" He muttered as he blocked another blow from another foe. Chast was getting tired now. He had no idea he would be fighting for his life today.

toxias
05-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Gabriel’s eyebrows slanted sharply downwards as his mind suddenly filled with rather useless facts about hellspawn. He had come across the topic in various books, but to meet one face to face was not something Gabriel quite wanted to do just yet. Maybe when his life wasn’t in peril.

Or not ever! Gabriel thought as he lunged out of the way of the charging hellspawn. Gabriel could wield a blade, but not well, and to boot he had no weapon on him. The scream it had emitted…a call to allies. Gabriel huffed an irritated breath as he dodged out of the way again. Well, there was nothing to it. He might as well find a way to get help than stay in the library and die. Either way, he didn’t think there was much chance of him surviving. All the same, questions swirled through Gabriel’s head. Where did the hellspawn come from? Why were they attacking? Why this town? Did they want something? Why the library?

Gabriel’s questions continued flowing as he hopped out the gently steaming hole before other hellspawn could trap him. He caught sight of some people fighting the hellspawn, one of them clearly a golem, the others not quite so easy to tell what race. Glancing behind him, Gabriel sucked in a deep breath, “I think I need some help!”

At the same time, Gabriel started running towards them. Sure they were still fighting, but his chances with them were much better than by himself. After all, they did have weapons.

RayleighScattering
05-20-2010, 12:37 AM
They were fighting for their lives. Karrigan was beginning to feel the ache and pressure of clashing her thinner quicker blade against the powerful blows of axes and broadswords. Then a voice caught her at a moment of rest, just as she felled yet another foe. His words felt distant despite how close Chast was to her and Raetek. Her shoulders eased for a moment as she allowed herself a second to respond.

"I am Lady D'vi...Karri..." She was breathing fast as she paused to try and clear her thoughts.

"This cannot last...I..I will most certainly not last much longer. I suggest we flee when the opportunity arises." Her eyes closed for a moment. Maybe she was wishing she'd open them to find herself in comfortable down bed, able to rest her aching muscles. Instead she caught sight of a young man running with everything he had towards the trio.

As if that moment of rest never existed she stepped aside, allowing the boy to fall behind her. She stepped forward to meet the first of the enemies in a storm of rage and ringing blades.

moabete
05-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Harki saw that the golem was in danger and so he sent out his horde of undead to help. They where able to knock the hellspawn off of the golem's back. The undead killed all of the surrounding hellspawn and gave the people enough time to chat. But Harki did not show himself to the others yet he was waiting for the leader to spring another attack and he did not want anything to do with these people right now. Of course he is not about to just let them die either. As Harki was standing beside a house he watched as all of the undead he summond started to turn to ash one by one. "Well I guess the minute is up for them, may peace be on your souls."