PDA

View Full Version : The Ones Who Are Many (OOC)

ElizabethStark
09-09-2012, 10:46 PM
PG-13

The Ones Who Are Many

Prologue

We're holding too tightly to things we know are not going to happen. Impossible things that we so wish to become possible, but they just aren't. We hold on because we're merely human, it's the only thing we can do. Things like hope. It's impossible. In the world we live in today, hope isn't possible. Neither is faith. Only a select few are actually holding on to such things while the rest burn in their own self hatred and their hatred towards others. The things we use to really believe are possible, are now impossible. And now the things we never would imagine possible, are indeed, possible. The world is falling apart as we watch it fall by the hands of that very "thing" we thought to be impossible. We'd think to honestly believe anything after such an impossible thing, but we know better now. We are such foolish and greedy creatures, we always have been, and now it has finally shown. After the world has finally begun its own end, the truth is finally revealed to how heartless and inhuman people can truly be. The world as we know it has turned into hell itself by the work of Lucifer himself. God seems to have abandoned us all.

The day was January 1st of the year 2048, WWIII broke out and had destroyed mankind. Many were slaughtered, including innocent families who wanted no part in such a violent act. The alliances that had formed separated and every country was against each other. This war was the worst by far. Seven years into the war, famine had struck the world and more people were dying by the famine and diseases that came along with it. The famine was killing the people more than the war was, and finally after thirteen years of death and suffering, the war finally ceased in the year 2060. Unfortunately the famine continued. The war may have stopped, but hatred began to grow. People started to become greedy and hostile because of the famine, it caused people to believe the end was coming, most even thought it was the rapture and that this was God's doing. Homicides, suicides, theft, every crime was being committing more and more each year. Religion was beginning to be condemned, not by the government, but by the people. Bibles, crosses, anything that involved any kind of religion was burned. People even started killing anyone who so as spoke of religion. The police, even the military tried to stop the chaos, but it was too much for them to handle. Schools still tried to stay in business including stores and restaurants. All around the world this was happening. The governments of all countries began quitting, one by one they each stepped down and gave up. The world went on like this for sixteen years, the year 2077... Until "they" came. They called themselves The Ones Who Are Many. The Ones Who Are Many's leader spoke to every person in the world, and this is what the leader said with a voice that would send shivers down anyone's spine. In one language he spoke to all, and all understood, "Earth's humans. My name is Haegamon and I am the leader of the Jagors from the world known as Veska. We have been watching your pathetic lives, and we have watched as you destroyed each other day by day. Such selfish individuals you people are. Now, the day has come for your world's end. But I give you the choice, you either work together or die alone. I will give you all one language to speak and those who I think may have potential, they will be given an ability. Those who I think should parish, will die and transform into something of a savage. And just remember this, don't give up to those who live." Once the voice ended, so did the world. Most people were transformed into what the leader said, "something of a savage." and they were very savage. Most remaining people who lived were killed, there's very few that survived the first week. Those who had died from the savages turned into one, but the people who had already been dead or just died from other things... Began to walk again, after death. Zombies is what people assumed, and most people also called the "savages", Savages. Simple enough thing to call them. The Savages were brutal beasts, they hungered for flesh like a lion. But the powers The Ones Who Are Many gave to the one's they thought had potential.. Their powers never came to them, they lived but were waiting for the power trying to figure out why they couldn't feel it. There was something The Ones Who Are Many didn't tell them, but humans are completely oblivious to it. The world's end was truly coming, and that my friends, is frightening, even for the bravest.

Alright, you've survived the first three weeks. Here's the character format.

I need someone to be Lucifer(Devil) and also a couple of people who work for him!

Name:
Bio:
Appearance(description or picture, an animated picture is preferable):
Power(nothing too godly) you can have maximum of two powers:
Animal:
Weapons(guns, swords, knives, etc.):

Rules-(put UNDERSTOOD at the top of your CS)
1.) No god modding.
2.) No killing other players without their consent.
3.) Cursing is acceptable, except the f word.
4.) You can have three characters maximum.
5.) You may have a romantic interest if you like or some sort of sensual about you, but no sex!
6.) I'd prefer you do 3rd person writing, but if your more comfortable with 1st person then you may write that way.
7.) Violence is okay, but don't go too into detail.

IMPORTANT NOTE! : Some people who lived don't actually have a power because they had given up hope the minute they saw the Savages. But the ones who didn't give up and fought to get to a safe place or something earned the power. Also you don't have the power immediately, sooner of later within the story you'll be given an animal of your choosing. As in an actual live animal within the story that helps you throughout the story. Once you get your animal you'll be able to unlock your ability/power. You choose when your power's unlocked, it really doesn't matter it can be at the beginning, the middle, or end. Whenever you like. You can have any animal, but try not to get the same as somebody else. It's okay if you do though, but consult the person who has the animal you would like.

My Character-
Name: Elizabeth Starkweather
Personality: She has a side shy of her, but once she gets to know a person she becomes very open with that person and when they're around. She's very wise and intelligent. She doesn't like seeing people get hurt and will normally do something to protect whoever it may be getting hurt. It takes a lot to become friends with her as well. She's not very talkative either, she listens more than she talks.
Bio: Elizabeth was born into a world of hostility and hatred, in the United States of America. Even America was pretty messed up.. Her parents couldn't even have her go to school for fear she would be reported dead or missing. They hardly let her go out of the house, including her three other siblings. So her parents taught her and her siblings school related things such as math, science, english, history, etc. It was hard growing up but her family managed. Elizabeth had just turned 13 when her family was murdered in cold blood, she had been out getting food when she came home to her family who had been slaughtered. It was a site she'd never forget. She moved into a different house far away after she buried her family in a meadow a little ways off from her old house.
Appearance: http://m747.photobucket.com/image/anime%20girls%20green%20hair/WhiteRosedKiller/Anime%20girls/Surprised.png.html?src=www&o=11
Power: Pyromancy and faster than normal
Animal: Tiger
Weapon: Combat Knife

OKAY, the goals for the characters is to figure out how to unlock their abilities(it could be anything; you guys determine how), also figure out how to reverse what is happening and try to stay alive. The Savages are just black and cold; but can have a shape of a man or some creepy stance, the Savages also have different senses(some can't hear but their smell sense is very high).

If you're confused about anything just ask. (:

G
09-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Looks interesting - I'll keep an eye on this.

Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Merry
09-11-2012, 01:31 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg