PDA

View Full Version : [M]The Caller in The Shadows

Rook
04-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Rated 18+
- Intense Violence, Heavy Gore, Foul Language, and a favorite from movie ratings, Scary Moments (Understatement of the Year). Also, and these are last because it’s only in the case a player brings it in because I won’t oppose it… Drug Use, Alcohol Use, and Some Sexual Themes.

This RP is brought to you by the letter J.

----------

Oakland Maine

Population: 5,959

He’d been acting strange for a few weeks prior. Always shaky. Scrawling random nonsense only he read in his text books. Scribbling queer, inexplicable drawings onto any and all paper in his vicinity, including what was at one point his school work. Becoming far more thin than he was lean. And suddenly so distant.

Andrew had never been distant. He was strong, out going, and well liked. A Class-A son, and friend, and student, and boyfriend. And the next thing anyone knew, he was locked up so fast heads spun.

Assault of a Law Enforcement Official is what it was called. Punched the cop square in the nose, and plead guilty. Since he plead as such, the punishment was reduced. One year. Receiving this sentencing, he gave a smile in return.

His first day in, the guards on duty, and even the other inmates noted his peculiar behavior. This man imprisoned seemed like a man just set free. That changed as night fell. What was happened has been left out of official press release. All that was made certain was he was certainly no longer smiling.

But the next morning came, and Andrew Sales smiled once more. He smiled the entire time he was biting off the ear of one of his fellow inmates in the prison courtyard. Solitary confinement. As they threw him in that padded windowless, room, he looked up to the guard and said one thing.

“Thank you for setting me free.”

The puzzled guard left, and Andrew was left alone for the night. It was the last time someone saw him alive in person.

They don’t know what happened, but they sure know how. Upon coroner examination, puncture wounds and evidence of a severe lashing riddled his body. Some said police brutality, but there was one problem with that. Nobody was in the solitary confinement wing. And further, had someone entered, the camera’s would have caught it. The only camera that caught anything peculiar was in the padded holding cell of Andrew Sales. And what that peculiar thing was is static. From 2: 30 AM to 3:00 AM, nothing but snow appears on camera 31.

And at 3:01, when it came back, all there is in the view is Andrew, broken, dead, and with a cryptic threat written in his own blood on the soft cushioned floor.

“Fear him, for you cannot stop that which should not be”

Oakland Maine

Population: 5,959

My apologies. 5,958

~~~~~

~Rules~

- Follow the RPA Rules and guidelines.

- Literacy and Maturity are not an option. Those whom cannot be either need not apply.

- The normal rules, involving Metagaming, Godmod, Character Control, Etc. apply

- This is my world. If you be fair and play by the rules, I’m a lenient GM, and your characters can take any actions they want. If those actions do end up crossing into the illegal move sector, there will be only one warning per attempt. If a action is deemed against my rules, it must be changed after my warning, or GM authority kicks in, in which case, your character can expect a premature ending to their story.

- Be prompt. If we’re forced to wait too long, your character is liable to die a very abrupt death.

- While I say to be prompt, I also wish to stress the idea that bombing the IC will not be accepted either. Wait at least two posts before posting again. As GM, I am exempt from this of course, and in certain circumstance, I will momentarily exempt other players from it as well.

- And stereotypically, to those whom can take all these rules, final rule, strap in, and get ready to have a good time (And perhaps a scare as well.)

----------

~Character Skeleton~

WARNING: Any characters of an extravagant nature (I.E. supernatural powers, high end military/black market grade weaponry, mafia don/syndicate boss) will be automatically denied. I won’t disallow supernatural as in Paranormal Investigator as an occupation, and I’m all for a character knowing martial arts. And as for weapons, be a cop, I don’t mind. But I won’t have a 52nd Degree Black Belt in Kempo firing a Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher with his Telekinesis at a Ghost while his Underbosses attempt to kill it with submachine guns. That’s not happening. I want AVERAGE people, with average to moderate skill.

Name:
Appearance: (Photos will be accepted, Real Life, or Anime, I don’t care. As will Descriptions, but they must be DETAILED.)
Personality:
Bio: (No less than two paragraphs, but as long as you want after that. If it goes beyond two, (And I would LOVE if it does.) put it under spoiler tags. You don’t have to be directly linked to the poor bastard I mentioned above, but it helps. And as a little background on him before you make your character, read the mock one I make below.)
Other information: Informational tidbits.

----------

Name: Andrew Sales
Appearence: http://images.veer.com/IMG/PIMG/SIP/SIP2012479_P.JPG
Personality: Something of a high school jock douche bag at times, but more often a kind, considerate person.

Andrew grew up in a home with one older brother and two younger brothers. His family was usually in pretty large debt, so he spent most of his life poor. He started working at the local grocery store at age fourteen to help his parents and brother make ends meet. He also joined the football team. Between helping raise his brothers, his job, and the team, he shouldn’t have had time for much else.

But in a way that shocked his parents, his brother, and everyone that knew him, he pushed himself hard enough to maintain a 4.0 Grade Point Average, as well as hold a steady relationship with Lilia Huntley, president of the S.E.C. (Student Environmental Club) which he was also an active member of.

Hearing his story, a local academic agency acted, and suddenly, everything fell into place for Andrew. A free ride through any collage he could desire. He decided very quickly, he wanted Notre Dame, because of not only the academics, but also because of his love for foot ball. And it was done.

It was a great year. Aced his classes, maintained a long distance relationship with Lilia successfully, became one of the star Freshmen on the football team. And to make things better, his dad even scored a new job, with higher pay. It wasn’t even just him things looked up for now.

But then things took a turn for the worse. Instead of going on vacation for spring break, like most collage students, Andrew came home. When he told his parents he was they were overjoyed. When he got there, they were not. He hadn’t cut his hair since they last saw him, and it looked very greasy. The air itself surrounding him reeked of paranoia, and he looked as though he’d lost an extravagant amount of muscle mass, not to mention all of his body fat.

At first they thought he was burned out. Finals would be soon, he must have been stressed. But then they started noticing things. Like how he didn’t seem to shower unless there was someone in the house, or the way his eyes darted back and forth in his head examining his peripheral. It was to the point that he wouldn’t even leave the house alone to walk to Lilia’s, which is something he would always do a year before.

Other information: How about that he’s dead.

~~~~~

Current List of Characters:

Bluemoon: Selene Carver (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=193899&postcount=5)

Anne Bonny: Lilia Huntley (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=195378&postcount=13)

ThatGuy: Elise Wilma (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=195693&postcount=15)

Nephilynx: Ariel Jackson (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=198847&postcount=18)

Crypes: Johnathan Reems (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=201133&postcount=26)

Dual: Nicholas DeCodh (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=210432&postcount=38)

Stream James Messenger (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=211200&postcount=45)
~~~~~

Alright, have at it people.

Anne Bonny
04-09-2010, 06:33 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

bluemoon
04-11-2010, 02:02 AM
I am very interested in this, but have not decided on a character to fit in just yet. Is there any more information you can supply to help me in my creation of a profile?

Rook
04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Being a friend of Andrew helps but isn't necessary. There's collages nearby, a high school. You can be a student of some sort.

It's a small town, but it's not empty. There's the usual locations, grocery stores, movie theaters. You can work in any of those. Basically, just make your character an average person, with an average life. If that life stayed average, or was heavily jostled by Drew's death is your choice, either way is fine.

It's hard to give advice when my guidelines on what I want are so open that I'll allow almost anything.

bluemoon
04-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Name:Selene Carver

Appearance: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk257/winskunas/Lovely20Secrets-737038.jpg Selene has hazel eyes, which are always heavily outlined with eye liner, and long light brown straight hair. She is 5'6" and full figured. She sports several facial piercings--her lip, above her right eye, tongue and ears. She also has an array of tattoos on her body. The only one that is typically visible is a black tribal tattoo of a skull on her right upper arm. Her clothing is bought second-hand and is usually black in color.

Personality:Selene is usually quiet and soft spoken. She loves anything dark and mysterious, especially the occult. She is not shy, but sometimes appears so because of her habit of standing off to the side when in the company of others. More of an observer than a doer, she is often not noticed until she speaks.

Occupation:Works nights at the grocery store--stocking shelves and general cleaning.

Bio: Selene lives with her older brother near Andrew Sales house. Their parents died when she was 16 in a car accident, leaving her in his care. Her brother Michael was 21 at the time, and he inherited the house and his younger sibling. Their brother/sister relationship is rocky at best. Money has always been tight, and Selene often shops at the thrift store for her clothes.

Although she dresses mostly in black, Selene does not consider herself to be a goth girl. She is very conscious of her weight and wears black to make herself look thinner. Her obsession with the occult and death has led her to spend a lot of her weekends at the funeral home observing the mourners. She volunteers her time there and helps tend the gardens so her presence will not be questioned.

Andrews sudden death came as a shock to her. She went to his funeral both as a friend and an observer. She knew him from working at the same grocery store and living in his neighborhood. Although they were never close, they often spoke and were friendly to one another. The details behind Andrews mysterious death have become an obsession of hers. Determined to discover the answers, she spends countless hours hunched over the computer at the library looking for clues and connections.

Other information:Selene fancies herself as a wicca in training. She hides library books in her room from her brother so she can study them at night. Her interest in the occult is the main reason for the tension between them.

jasminerose
04-11-2010, 04:45 PM
hmmmmm i wanna join in but know i wont be able to think of anything too detailed damn it

Anne Bonny
04-11-2010, 06:25 PM
You could try, Jasmine. I can help if you want.

As for me, I'll get a profile up for Lilia hopefully later today or tomorrow. :)

ThatGuy
04-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Would it be alright if I had an FBI agent who was sent to help investigate Andrew's death? I'm sure I can get them involved with everyone else in some way or another. It'd be an interesting perspective, since they wont be able to find anything. And they'd be an outsider in the town. Also, don't worry, what I have planned limits their power...

Rook
04-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Bluemoon, very, very accepted.

~~~~~

Jasminerose, It may sound like I'm asking for alot, but it's not that tough. I do want strong detail, but if you need to tone down slightly, I won't hold it against you. I just don't want one liners, you know. Well, two or three liners either. A paragraph is minimum, and I'd prefer two, but like Anne said, she'll help you, and you may not know me, because I've been absent for a long while, But I'm an OOOOOLLLLLLDDDD dog here on RPA, original member 32, 35? Something along those lines.

So lemme tell ya, the RPA I remember is how I'm running this. And that means, if you can't keep up, I'm going to provide you some LEGENDARY hospitality. If you need help with a detailed post, or with the character sheet, PM me. Hell, if you need anything on here, even if it doesn't pertain to this RP, PM me. I try to be helpful.

~~~~~

ThatGuy, as long as you got the Checks and Balances on the power in line, and as an oldie like me, I trust that you will, feel free to be a FBI Agent.

~~~~~

Well everyone, I have to make one PM, and finish an MSN convo, and we'll see if I can't snag a few more people, and we'll get started when Everyone is ready.

Nephilynx
04-12-2010, 01:58 PM
*sneaks in* I'm writing someone up. Trying to, anyway. :P It'll get done, lol; I just don't know who I'm writing yet.

Anne Bonny
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Lynxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-came-

Nephilynx
04-12-2010, 03:35 PM
...Anne, that face is terrifying.

*hug* Hello!

Anne Bonny
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
It was the face I made in my excitement when I saw you were back! ;)

Name: Lilia Huntley

Appearance: Lilia (http://i00.rnhh.de/eu/shared-images/filmdotcom/assets/rn/img/0/3/6/7/27537630-27537633-large.jpg) is 5'5" with a slim build. She had chocolate brown hair and soft brown eyes. When she chooses to use it, her smile is dazzling and friendly, but with Andrew's troubles, she hasn't smiled often lately.

Personality:

Occupation: Finishing up her senior year of high school has been busy, so Lilia doesn't have a job currently. But she does volunteer for the town's parks and recreation department, organizing grafitti removals and litter clean-ups.

Bio: Andrew and Lilia were just one of those couples that everyone knew were "meant to be." The began dating her freshman year of high school and remained loyal even after Andrew graduated and went to college. During high school he was the football star, and she was a cheerleader. Both were extremely social, surrounding themselves with lots of friends and active in their small community and school events. Both had similar goals and interestes, and both only had eyes for each other.

Being a year younger meant Lilia had to stay behind, but she had already applied for admission to the same college as Andrew by the time he was packed and moving out that summer. Not being able to see each other every day tore Lilia apart at first, but they both made an effort to talk for hours on the phone or on video chats each night. But after some time their phone calls got shorter, and the webcams fell into disuse alltogether. Lilia assumed that Andrew was just busy making new friends or had a lot of homework, and she, too, busied herself with community projects. Her own family, both parents and younger brother, were also supportive and confident that everythign would turn out alright.

When Andrew went a day without calling her completely, Lilia really started to worry. For the first time, questions of his loyalty began to swim around in her mind. But her friends were reassuring. Everyone knew Andrew and Lilia would get married and have lots of kids, they assured her. So Lilia pushed her worries aside, put on a fake smile, and continued about her senior year.

When Andrew came home for spring break, Lilia helped his mother make an extravagent welcome home dinner. But the man who greeted them wasn't the same as the one that had left. Concerns rose again, and this time everyone agreed that there was something wrong. Lilia watched in agonized confusion at the events that followed, the arrest, the trial, and finally Andrew's death.
Other information: Lilia is of the firm belief that Andrew must have been framed or blackmailed for him to ever hurt another person. She knew him better than anyone, and nothing he was doing up until his death were like him. Her own dreams of having a happy family and growing old with the boy she loved were shattered the night Andrew died, and now questions of why and who was behind it preyed on her mind. Lilia has given up all her other projects, refused to respond to her college acceptance letter, and neglects her friends and family's advice to try to move on.

Rook
04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Awesome Anne, great. Accepted. Lynx, ThatGuy, Jasmine, hope to hear from you soon.

ThatGuy
04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Name: Elise Wilma

Appearance: http://images.askmen.com/photos/milla-jovovich/22409.jpg

Personality: Elise is an atheist and a pessimist, refusing to even faintly accept that there is any real good in people's hearts. Events that have occurred in her life have done nothing but reinforce this belief, such as her abandonment by her father and being raised by her mother, and the fact that she passed the FBI shooting qualifications simply because they decided that a shot that was on the edge of the target counted for one point. Because of the life she has led, Elise is not exactly a very happy or social person. Maybe it's for that reason that she always gets crap cases, like the stupid college kid in Maine.

Bio: The little town of Alma, New York was the last place that Elise wanted to be after she turned 18. One could see why, after all, her father had gotten her mother pregnant, abandoned his family, and add to that the fact that Elise seemed to know everyone in the town. Why would the anti-social girl want to stay in a place where everyone said hello all friendly when they walked across the street, a place that seemed to be torn straight out of The Andy Griffith Show? Despite the friendliness of the place, the only true friend that Elise ever had was her mother. She never knew anyone else, nor did she care to know anyone else. It's odd that she chose to move to Manhattan, a hub of humanity and a place simply full of people.

Two years in Manhattan nearly drove Elise mad. She was forced to move from apartment to apartment, carefully saving up enough money to attend some type of college. The thousands of dollars of scholarships from her 3.75 high school Grade Point Average were of great help, but not enough to get her through more than two years at the Jay John College of Criminal Justice on their own. It turned out that the money saved from pizza delivery girl, department store clerk, and all the other small jobs she had held in the past two years, were what finished off Elise's bachelor's degree in criminal justice.

After graduating, Elise immediately ran after a job with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Prior to applying for a job as a special agent, Elise had never fired a gun in her life. In addition to her lack of experience, Elise found that her hands always seemed to shake when she was holding her weapon, be it a pistol or assault rifle. No matter what she did, those hands just kept shaking. This impaired her accuracy, and it was only with a great deal of practice and the mastering of the other fundamentals of marksmanship that Elise managed to pass the firearms qualification.

What followed was a series of dull and boring cases, all of which were solved excellently, and all of which did nothing for Elise's career record. No one seemed to care. She never got any medals, nor any praise from the so-called “comrades” that she worked with and never spoke to. All that Elise ever did was sit in her office and work, or sit at home and work, but she never got any pats on the back. It hardly mattered though, she didn't want any congratulations for her work. As far as Elise was concerned, it was one step above pizza delivery girl and it payed her enough to live. And while the cases bored her, the job itself was alright.

Then Elise was assigned a rather interesting case: that of a college student named Andrew Sales. Sales had been a normal kid, then come back home for break and snapped. He hit a cop and found himself in jail. After that his condition only worsened, climaxing with odd writings and drawings, psychopathic rantings, all the good stuff. Oh, and then there was the best part, his death. No one knew if it was murder or police brutality, suicide or an accident; all that was known was that Sales had been alone in solitary confinement and that no one else was in the wing. And it just so happened that there was nothing on the camera to his cell but snow. Then a dead body, real bloody scene. The prison and local police couldn't solve the murder, so little old Elise was sent in by the FBI to aid in the investigation of Andrew Sales' death.

Other information: Elise always carries a Glock 19 9mm pistol with a 15-round magazine, along with three spare magazines. Since her hands shake, she's pretty much a crap shot, but she could hit something the size of a person. Elise has been an atheist since she was ten. An inability to accept the existence of anything “supernatural” is going to make her job a lot more difficult. Also, her family is of German descent, so her name is pronounced like “Uhleezuh Vilma”.

Mysteria
04-12-2010, 11:59 PM
This game looks interesting, are you still looking for active players?
If so check this (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) out!

Rook
04-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Accepted ThatGuy. Oh, Elise is going to be fun to mess with given her specifics.

Nephilynx
04-16-2010, 12:04 AM
ALL RIGHT. Got 'im. (I'm making a him, because I secretly suspect there may be a shortage. He's gay, though, so make of that what you will. xD)
Bio's not great, but I hate writing them...

Name: Ariel Jackson, a.k.a. Jack
Appearance: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/xbrowneyesbluex/ekforlj.jpg
Personality: Jack is shy and soft-spoken, but less because he has nothing to say than because he knows people rarely want to hear it. He is rarely bothered by people's opinions of him, and in some cases, such as accusations of being strange or unusual, he works to deliberately reinforce those perceptions. He is honest, sometimes brutally so, and as such, is not very popular. He loves science fiction and is fascinated with the unknown on a level that is almost unhealthy. He can get very paranoid and suspicious of people, and he has an obsessive-compulsive disorder, which can occasionally increase his paranoia. He doesn't like being touched or spoken to if he hasn't spoken first. He's friendly and even clingy once someone can break through the walls he puts up, but on the first impression, he's tactless and even rude.
Bio: Jack was born Ariel Jackson to two professors. His mother was a professor of European History, and his father, who named him after a chief character in The Tempest, was a professor of Shakespearean Literature. He grew up in Boston, Massachusetts where both parents taught at Boston University, but the family moved to Oakland, Maine when he was 12 years old. He brought with him his unique tastes and particular obsessions which were more acceptable in the city and regarded with suspicion in the smaller Maine town. He hated the cramped, busybody community (as he saw it) and withdrew into himself and his journals and books until he had managed to close off everyone around him, even his parents and younger sister Ophelia.

Jack has lived here for 4 years. He's never had many friends, although he's been good friends with a girl his age named Eliza Bryce since they were 13. His sci-fi proclivities have grown more and more, taking him through phases concerning ghosts, UFOs, Bigfoot, and anything else he could sink his teeth into that promised a world beyond the mundane one he knew in Oakland. He's never seen nor discovered any real evidence of anything he's had his interest piqued in until the death of Andrew Sales.

He didn't know Andrew personally, only by reputation. Everyone did. He became obsessed with the mysterious circumstances surrounding the young man's death, certain that there was more to it that people thought and that the death was somehow supernatural in nature. He followed the story until information suddenly stopped coming, but he hasn't given up. He's determined to be the first to discover what happened to Andrew Sales...even if it kills him.
Other information: Jack is a closeted homosexual.

ThatGuy
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Just so we know, how long has it been since Andrew died?

Anne Bonny
04-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Nice profile Lynx! Everyone is making such intriguing characters. I'm super stoked!

Other information: Andrew is a closeted homosexual.
Just out of curiosity, you meant Ariel, right?

Nephilynx
04-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Ha. Yes. xD Damn, you just HAD to quote my dumb mistake, didn't you? :P

Anne Bonny
04-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Noooo! I was just confused for a minute there!

Rook
04-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Just so we know, how long has it been since Andrew died?

Literally less than a week.

Nephilynx
04-18-2010, 12:30 AM
I was watching an episode of Twin Peaks today because I was thinking about it earlier this week. I dare somebody to make a Log Lady.

bluemoon
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
The log lady was my least favorite part of that show--why was she even there?

Crypes
04-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Ooh, room for one more?

Name: Johnathan Reems
Appearance: http://www.colegioobradoiro.es/personal/dlm75402/parkour.jpg
Personality: Typically described as excitable, energetic, and unwilling to put energy into a good cause. He hates people, almost as a rule. While his friends annoy him at times, he does manage to turn a blind eye to their stupidity in most situations.
Bio: Raised in a good catholic home and brought up by parents that were rather overprotective, John quickly grew sick of the sense of "Acceptable" that his parents tried to give him. By age 14 he was smoking, drinking, and vandalizing with his buddies, who showed him the ropes of a somewhat alternative lifestyle. When the oldest of these friends decided to start a school "club" he began learning freerunning. Within a year he could outrun anyone in the club, leader included. When the leader graduated and moved on, he became the head of the club. And this was all the outsiders ever saw of the antisocial group.

From the beginning of the club to the present day, four years later, they've been the local deviants, using club funding to buy the various odds and ends for their "missions." These missions normally involve setting something on fire, or ambushing people with paintball guns. Whenever they're seen in the uniform hoodie, they vanish to a roof top while the police scratch their heads. Whenever they're accused, they hide behind the teachers who believe that it's a great thing that they've got a handle on this new rising sport. And when that doesn't work, the "Catholic 4.0 student president" assures the police that he will tell them as soon as he finds proof one of his members is behind the crime. And they believe him, not knowing that he's neither catholic or that he's cheated on every single test and piece of homework he's ever been given.

He hasn't been effected much by the jock's death, but has decided to give the people involved a wide berth due to a healthy respect of the supernatural. After all, most people fail to notice danger until it's slitting their throat. And he likes to consider himself anything but "most people."

Nephilynx
04-18-2010, 04:37 AM
The log lady was my least favorite part of that show--why was she even there?

To purge David Lynch's need for strange, cryptic prologues? I dunno. I liked her, though. Her and her log.

Rook
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Crypes, I'm glad you're on board for the idea, but I, as a GM, am not really feeling the realism in "Expert Underground Crime Organization posing as a High School Club."

I can allow the free running, and I can allow the Posing as a "Good Catholic" when he's actually a street punk. But I don't like the idea of one of the characters being the head of a Parkour Practicing Thief's Guild. Change that and I think you're in.

Crypes
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah....Sorry about that. The beer made it seem like a good idea at the time. I'll edit it when I get the chance.

Nephilynx
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Um. Don't wanna bug or nothin', but Serin, was Ariel/Jack accepted? xD If you said whether or not, I didn't see it anywhere...

Rook
04-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Cool, whenever you can Crypes. And Lynx, I dunno if I said it or not, but yeah, accepted.

LatexRevolver
04-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey Ser, I plan on joining if there's still room for me.

I can hurry and work on a CS and get it up as soon as possible.

ThatGuy
04-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Speaking of time and hurrying, when do you think we'll be starting?

Crypes
04-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Eheh, I edited the whole robbey thing. Now it's more teenage idiocy than grand theft auto. That alright?

Rook
04-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Alright Crypes, that is definitely more acceptable then burglars and robbers. Accepted.

Salene, you do in fact still have some time now, but only because you're someone I personally invited, so try to do it a.s.a.p.

TG, all we're waiting on now is Salene and I'll rev this mofo up!

UPDATE!!!!!11!

Just added a list of Characters to the end of the first post with a link to each post.

Dual
04-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Are you still accepting characters for this? I can have a CS up in about five minutes, if so. I'm looking for a good RP- just like this one, for example.

Rook
04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Feel free to make a character Dual, you have time.

Dual
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Name: Nicholas DeCodh
Appearance: http://i41.tinypic.com/1t91nd.jpg
(Height: 6'5'' Weight: 235 lbs)
Personality: Nick is extremely eccentric and his habits or mannerisms are quick to lead others to this conclusion. He has has a barbed tongue, which comes from his stinging wit and mental acuity. He is a profoundly smart man, and views learning anything as a good opportunity to expand his own interests, as he is an entirely self-devoted individual. Though not quite a humanitarian by any means, he is compassionate of others needs and tries to help them when he can. This "bleeding heart" however, only goes so far. Once he gets his mind set on something, he will not stop until he sees it done, regardless of the cost to himself or others. He claims that he can both see and hear the spirits of the dead, and that he is connected with the afterlife. He suffers from hallucinations at his worst times, though he believes them to be real. He doesn't think he is crazy, but the state and the psychologists do, so he has to take medicine and other prescriptions to keep him from having his episodes.
Bio: Nick was raised in the streets of Ireland, specifically Cork, by himself. His mother and father both died when he was ten, after being caught in a "gas fire" in downtown Belfast. He never had much opportunity to go to school very often or live a normal life through any standards, but he was incredibly smart and adaptive. This trait allowed him to spend less time in school and more in the factories and low-paying jobs outside of the institutions, which enabled him to access other thieves and scroungers who were forced to live in conditions similar to his own. Nick fought to survive every day. The IRA and the Free-Staters were fighting amongst each other, and he was caught right in the middle of it. Not caring much who won or lost the war, he stole and scavanged whatever he needed to make it through the day.

Cynical and over-worked, Nick left Ireland and came to America when he was sixteen, and was tested to evaluate his educational experience. Surprised at his own intellect, he was placed into a high school in Oakland, where he graduated at the top of his class at the age of seventeen. He never enrolled in college, and opted instead to use his gathered skills and street-smarts to work for the public at large, consulting with the police department to solve local cases and doing under-the-table business which made up most of his income. This way of life has kept him comfortable for years, and so it would only make sense that he is very good at what he does. Lately, though, he has become very introspective and rarely speaks with anyone. Submitting himself to a mental health institution, he told the authorities that he hears the voices of the dead whispering to him and that the ghosts of victims whose murders he solved have returned to him on occasion. Consequently, he has been diagnosed with delusional schizophrenia, and he suffers both from frightening hallucinations and unnerving paranoia. He is heavily medicated to ward off the effects, though now the medicine is wearing off and having little to no effect. In his mind, he is completely alone, and doesn't think that he is crazy. He can't prove it, however, so he became a recluse, and works only when it is absolutely necessary and drinks heavily to ward off the "haunts." The death of Andrew Sales has made the voices and other apparitions appear more frequently, so that he always can observe one of his "hallucinations" in some form or another. He has made it his goal to solve the Sales case and make the hauntings stop.
Other information: None

bluemoon
04-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Dual--you have picked one of my favorite actors for your character pix. My girl loves you already and they haven't even met. LOL!!

Stream
04-26-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm interested in making an investigative journalist. ThatGuy took my first character idea, I was heart broken.

Edit:

FBI Agent
Private Investigator
Spouse of victim
Investigative Journalist

I swear to god if we start having origami figures I'm punching someone.

ThatGuy
04-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Wow, this is going to be a big one. I just hope that we can make it avoid death.

Stream
04-26-2010, 11:23 PM
On the contrary to what I said, I actually love your character, Guy.

Bravado
04-26-2010, 11:26 PM
I love the "warning", I must say, and thus, would like to heed your warning. The idea of a Paranormal Investigator appeals to me, but I don't want to be that person who walks the fine line between your wishes and an unrealistic product of fantasy. A better question, perhaps, would be this: Exactly what positions still could stand to be filled, if any?

ThatGuy
04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
EXCELLENT. I'm not the only one. =D

Stream
04-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Name: James Messenger

Appearance: http://a166.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/27/l_9481d13ae107d75c67bb85a059d7a7e5.jpg

Personality: Less than meticulous and precise. James is constantly scrawling notes into his notebook, and is one of the most unorganized people ever. Easily stressed and frantic when working, he's become a bit of a pain for most people to be around. If someone can compete with or combat his personality, they'll find he's a clumsy and indecisive person.

Occupation: Sports Journalist turned freelance Investigative Journalist. Previously employed at a newspaper based in a close neighboring town.

Bio: Born in Philadelphia to white collar parents, he grew up in a suburb just outside the city in a town called Cherry Hill. His school life was less than kind, and his personality regularly found himself frantically cramming for an exam for days before it, only to forget everything the second a paper was placed in front of him. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly a 4.0 student. His parents disappointed in his performance and slim chance of any higher learning, James got a job doing the only thing he knew how to do: writing.

So, he moved to Portland, Maine, hoping to find a job at one of the local newspapers. Sadly, he was stuck with a job at The Morning Sentinel in Waterville, a city four miles away from Oakland. Here he mostly covered high school sports, every once in a while spotlighting Andrew Sales, a local sports sensation. His last contribution to the Sentinel was an interview with the young star before quitting to start his career in investigative journalism.

The hit to his salary forced him to move out of his roomy apartment and into a crappy loft next to busy section of train tracks. The constant noise made him develop insomnia, making him require sleeping pills to sleep, on top of his prescription of anxiolytics for his pre-existing tension. And even more with these dependencies, he's slowly becoming an alcoholic, and is illegally buying many different pills to quell his pains.

Knows and deals with shady characters in his depression, mostly for connections to buy prescription drugs. Also does some fairly unsavorily things for money, though nothing drastic.

Other information: Is quite depressed with his current lifestyle and dependency on drugs. No one will hire him to any newspaper, and even if they did he would quickly be fired in his condition. Hoping for a new story to spring his career once again.

Dual
05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Is this RP still a-go?
I don't even know if I was accepted.

Rook
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Dual, Stream, both accepted, I like the concepts.

I'm sorry people, this is still going, but please cut me some slack, my girlfriends grand father's funeral was Friday, and her family reunion was yesterday. I've got a job orientation Tuesday, so needless to say, it's been stressful. It seems that every time I start trying to run something, the shit piles on.

But GOD DAMNIT I'm not going to let this one die. No, hell no I'm not. Not this time. I promise you.

We start within the week, be ready.

bluemoon
05-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Sounds good Serin, thanks for the update. ..and sorry for all the misfortunes in your life lately. :)

I'm looking forward to this starting. :whee:

Dual
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh. Sorry to hear that, Serin.
But on a lighter note, I was accepted! Awesome. I am looking forward to this, yes indeed.
By the way, Serin, take your time. I didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you, if it came out that way. No need to be in any rush, I assure you.
Anyhow, to the rest of you, I'm looking forward to starting this RP. The others I'm in tend to die out fairly quickly, so I hope this'n goes against the current.

ThatGuy
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
As do I. Seems like whenever I find something good, it dies.

Rook
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Alright, I just added Dual and Stream to the first post, and without further adieu, I'm going to begin writing up the first post.

It may not be up today, because I'm going to be leaving to get access to a power jack, so I can access my cars inner tie rods, because the damn things are blown to hell. But it will most likely be up tomorrow after I get back from my job orientation.

Rook
05-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Ok, making an Update. I'm going out of town for the next two days, so it's POSSIBLE that the IC will go up by Thursday night, but VERY unlikely. Though It will be up by late Friday night early Saturday Morning however, at the latest.

Wolfe
05-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Any more spots left?

ThatGuy
05-06-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm sure that if you can get a character up by Thursday Serin will accept you.

Rook
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Ok, I'm still accepting characters for a while here. I'm sorry for the wait you guys. I've been so busy. This is literally my first day home for more than 20 minutes other than to sleep, get up and go again.

Between the four days I spent in my girlfriends home town, and the one night I spent with my friends, and the full day I took trying to keep my Betta alive, I've had no time. But I promise. Since me and my girl work opposing shifts, so I don't see her during the day anymore, I'll be able to post within the week.

Anne Bonny
05-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, Serin. :)

ThatGuy
05-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Much agreed.

Rook
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Ok, Now, since I'm finally going to have time coming up, who's still on board?

Role Call people.

Anne Bonny
05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
ME ME ME ME ME

bluemoon
05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm still in! :)

Stream
05-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Me.

ThatGuy
05-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Me.

Dual
05-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Me, definitely.

Rook
05-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok, that's all but Lynx and Crypes. Ok, Lynx will probably be expecting me to IM her when the topic goes up, and if Crypes don't respond in three days, I'll PM him.

Anne Bonny
05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Sooo.......

We're starting soon then? :D

ThatGuy
05-16-2010, 05:05 AM
I hope we start soon. My paranoia is getting control of me, I'm starting to think this is going to die just because there hasn't been a post for four days.

Rook
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Alright, guys, once again I come to say sorry. I've been trying REALLY hard to mix in RP with working 40+ hours a week.

So I promise, if not before, then ON Friday. I SWEAR!

Rook
05-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Ok guys, another update. It's going to take me a few more, because I'm licking my wounds, but because I've got to look for another job because I was unfairly fired, I have more time now. So when I come off of my hang over tomorrow, I'll post, ok?

Anne Bonny
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
SERIN

Okay. :)

Rook
05-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Lol, yeah, sorry for the wait.

Anne Bonny
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
No, I just miss you bunches, that's all!

Stream
05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Is this just basically dead in the water?

ThatGuy
05-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope not. ;_;

Rook
06-03-2010, 05:21 PM
*Exhales Sharply*

OK! NOW, THAT I FINALLY HAVE EVERYTHING DONE BUT ONE LOAD OF LAUNDRY AND DROPPING OFF MY GIRL AT WORK... I should be able to have the first post finished by the end of the night unless some more random shit happens that I can't control.

Fortunately, this is just taking so long because of the sheer length of the post. Once we get rolling, this should go far more smoothly.

ThatGuy
06-04-2010, 01:31 AM
EVERYONE: I'm going to Germany for the next two weeks and so I wont be on for that entire time. Assuming this gets going by then I'll have to wait until my return home. Just letting everyone know.

Also Serin, you might want to message everyone once you get the IC up, I'm sure pretty much all of them have forgotten about this. xD

Stream
06-05-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm dropping in lieu of other RPs. Sorry, it's not fair to others if I keep saying I'm full on RPs. I was excited for this too.

Rook
06-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Alright. Fuck my life, every time I say "I'm gonna do it today, something huge happens. So I swear at some FUCKING point, before TG comes back, this thing will be rolling. And Stream, if you're really out, you're welcome back when I finally get the ball rolling.

ThatGuy
06-19-2010, 12:14 PM
OK, finally back in my own house instead of a hotel room...

Gunnison
06-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Is there any more space for one more person?

ThatGuy
06-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm sure we've got plenty, as long as you can wait for Serin to finally get an IC up.

Rook
06-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Gunnison, please make a character. Sorry about this guys. After I got fired my other job started giving me more hours, and then I got notification that I qualify for a few scholarships, and then I was studying for the Compass test, and now in the fall I'm going to be majoring in English and Education.

But that being the case, my family doesn't have me out job hunting every day like they have because I'm starting school, and my hours got cut back some more. So I should actually, FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY be able to work on the RP. SOOOOOOOOOOO, since I work tomorrow, and then my lady is off, I'm going to start work on it while she's at work on Thursday.

I'm sorry for fucking you all around for so long.

Anne Bonny
06-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Well, I'll be around whenever this does get going. :)

ThatGuy
06-24-2010, 03:55 AM
As will I.