PDA

View Full Version : The Nonsense Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Jacogos
09-12-2012, 03:58 PM
This where we all come to let loose and talk about nonsense :D

Got a question about the Realms? Take it to the "A new beginning" thread. Wanna introduce yourself? Put it here ^.^ This is just for all the random stuff we tend to talk about, so that hopefully E1 won't spasm out when we go off on tangents again xD

E1Alpha
09-12-2012, 05:06 PM
OMGWTFUN00BFKNREPORTEDLOL *endless spasming*

There, all spasm for this thread has already been taken care of.

Jacogos
09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Wonderful ^.^ Now, about those maps, E1...

Cfavano
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle

P.K.
09-12-2012, 06:01 PM
lawls people lawls.
Thank you J! Maybe this will keep some of 'THEM' from dying by a falling pancake or something.

Cfavano
09-12-2012, 06:07 PM
hey hey hey, miss baby factory, you can be accused of chatter too.

Jacogos
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
We're ALL accusable, but I think CF, Edd, Tolvo and I take the best slices of the cake xD

P.K.
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
exactly! -thumps CF with frying pan for comment- I don't keep up with your guys's chatter :P

Eddren
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
The simple reason being that we have the most time on our hands, and probably check this with the most regularity because of that.

Cfavano
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
of course you would choose a frying pan XD. Now *points* Get back to the kitchen! and you started this joke with the frying pan, not me XD. now, I'ma going to work

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
When all you have to do is lay in bed all day recovering from surgery, you tend to have time.

P.K.
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
lol don't make me throw it CF I swear I'm a good shot with it!

Well being that I'm home schooled I actuly have a lot of time since I only have 6 hours of school and currently have no on going job. Soo ya I just don't check it nearly as often I guess because I'm off doing something else.

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Plotting Cf's murder I assume the next time he talks about bearing you a child.

P.K.
09-12-2012, 07:47 PM
YES!
no lol That's not worth the effort that it sound like If I want to kill him I'll do that simply enough. :3

and don't you mean... Me baring him a child? Unless CF can have kids :P and I have to say I don't have a... stick.

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Oh hey I just wanted to make sure, I didn't make any one uncomfortable by making a character based off Masochism did I? I was a bit worried about that.

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
For a nonsense chat thread, not a lot of nonsense going on.

Edd which sounds better to you, Souls, Elder Scrolls, Star Wars, Cyber Punk Conspiracy.

E1Alpha
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
P.K.... Home schooling...? I jelly...

I did something similar about a year ago, but it was just too damn hard on me X.X
Also, if you're going to murder Cf for that, please leave some for me? I really need to use my chainsaw more often

And we don't lil P.K. all covered in blood and gore, now do we?
Also, Tolvo, are you going to sign up your character for any battle yet? Because you have time until saturday.

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah...It's a good thing you reminded me.

Eddren
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Put him against Brevsin. Whoever wins or loses, I think they'd be fast friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow, Souls definitely, closely followed by Starwars.

P.K.
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Are you now E? O-o I find it a bit more boring then 'hard' I only got six hours apparently :/ and one of those like starts at 6 in the morning so ya I'm up around 4:55 in the morning getting ready. and now :P we have chickens so we go out to my uncles property to let them out and come home to let down our other three. after school I'm pretty much free but I'm not doing to much at the moment. :/

As for CF ya you can take half and I'll take the other. :P
lol you don't? XD I would say Im not getting that covered it will just be on my shoes and maybe a bit on my little white dress :P

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Star Wars might be a bit better, because it would be easier to get players with that one. Plus it is less work on my end.

Eddren
09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Sure, but Souls is more fun.

Tolvo
09-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah I do definitely want to do Souls again, but maybe after I get rid of the rust I have.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 12:37 AM
So I should totally talk about how much I love Dark Souls and never shut up.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 12:44 AM
I suck at video games :D (sometimes)

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Dark Souls is not a game for you then haha.

Eddren
09-13-2012, 01:27 AM
I wish I had it, but sadly, chose to borrow DMC Collectors, instead.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Ah you missed out, such a great game. I always find it funny how many people can't get past the second boss.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 01:50 AM
I actually did play Dark Souls lol. Like I said, I think I only got two bosses in (if you count the Asylum demon) before I succumbed to the rage.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 01:54 AM
No one counts the Asylum Demon haha.

You should see NG+7.

Every enemy deals about seven times as much health, and deals about seven times as much damage. At that point a single rat can do like, five hundred damage in a single swipe. Considering max health is a little over 2.5k, oh yeah!

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 03:44 AM
So, want to talk about Elder Scrolls or something? Kind of looks like something you would want to talk about.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 03:49 AM
Never would have guessed xD

I've actually been needing to change this Sig/Avi set, but I suppose I'll humor you for the moment xD Which was your fave ES game?

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Skyrim was actually the only one I played through, Oblivion wasn't really my thing. I haven't gotten my hands on any of the others. What about you?

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Sadly, I too have only been graced with 4 and 5, though I should've played Morrowind when I had the chance (when my dad had it). Oblivion was amazing and I loved it, though difficult at times to the point of insanity. Skyrim, while challenging at times, was do-able if you played it right. I could never choose between them xD

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 03:59 AM
I have played Skyrim and Oblivion, but I prefer oblivion. skyrim is too simplistic for me. I also find it funny how they all use the same song. plus, at least in oblivion you get to USE the skeleton key.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 04:06 AM
You get to use it in Skyrim, but I suppose there really is no reason to with how easy lockpicking is.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 04:09 AM
you can't use it, you have to give it up

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Just don't finish the quest, you can use it till you turn that quest in. You can just not do it, those Nocturne powers aren't really much anyway. If you play an illusionist, which Nightengale armor improves, you already have those abilities.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 04:20 AM
well, still oblivion is better, and more realistic

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 04:25 AM
Yeah, its rather easy to get the skeleton key in SKyrim and just never turn it in for the quest :P I didn't take advantage of it, but I've heard you can just abuse it up to 100 lockpicking where you get the perk for unbreakable picks :P (which thusly renders the item obsolete)

EDIT: I liked the magic system in Oblivion (allowed you to use spells while armed and using a shield), but Skyrim made a little more sense with it.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 04:28 AM
In both you are a super powerful hero that slays many enemies at a time with ease. I'm not sure if realism should really be taken into account haha.

Yeah that's the simple trick, but even then even on a master lock with twenty skill, you usually won't break more than two picks before unlocking it in game.

- - - Updated - - -

In both you are a super powerful hero that slays many enemies at a time with ease. I'm not sure if realism should really be taken into account haha.

Yeah that's the simple trick, but even then even on a master lock with twenty skill, you usually won't break more than two picks before unlocking it in game.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 04:29 AM
don't forget you could make your own spells. and the selection was a HELL of a lot wider. as well, weapons and armor degrades, like it should.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 04:34 AM
To be fair, the combat doesn't really seem to be the focus of these games, the exploration does. And I quite enjoyed the adventure more in Skyrim.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Degradation was realistic, sure, but it was annoying too, which is probably why they got rid of it. More realistic? Yes. Annoying in lower levels when 20 of your encumbrance had to be repair hammers? Very.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Yeah I'd rather not have more moments while playing that game where I have to stop in the middle of a dungeon, leave, and go repair.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 04:52 AM
hee hee, I just used the Saint Crispian's day speech in a pony rp XD

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Why?

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 04:58 AM
it was fitting. in context it works. One of my Charas, Leilianna Dragonfang, the Dragonborn, is leading the defense of Canterlot against the dark horde which contains orcs, goblins, and all manners of foul beasties.

- - - Updated - - -

and they are vastly outnumbered and out-equipped and trained

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 05:00 AM
Why is there a Dragonborn there? Why are the Orcs evil? Isn't it Elder Scrolls?

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 05:01 AM
no. These are D&D/LOTR orcs

- - - Updated - - -

She's there because she Traveled through the bifrost to equestria

- - - Updated - - -

and the orcs in ES aren't orcs to me. they are not as bloothirsty, or violent, and they're GREEN. Orcs aren't green, they're grey or black

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 05:08 AM
They can be brown, and they're Orcs.

Similar to WoW Orcs, they're just a different kind.

Man, wish I could do some sort of WoW RP, maybe getting rid of some of the existing silly Lore and going somewhere else with it. Because I do enjoy some of the world and magics, but I'll be damned if some of it isn't stupid.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 05:13 AM
why don't you do your own take on the war which culminates into the freeing of the orc race?

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 05:16 AM
They're already free, they essentially lead the Horde. The grabbed the Tauren(Native Americans), Trolls(Jamaicans), and Undead(Undead), then tried to create a world for them to live in.

Currently they're fighting over this world with the alliance. After this war's start is when some of the stupid stuff started happening.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 05:19 AM
well, you know what I mean. Hoe Thrall and Grom went to lift the Bloodhaze.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 05:21 AM
That would be two players controlling huge characters from the lore, one a noble leader, the other his bloodthirsty warrior friend. If anything, I'd rather take it like an expansion. Creating a new area with lore for the RP'ers to face away from the world.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 05:39 AM
I imagine if I ever got it running and Edd joined, he'd definitely make a Warlock.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 12:50 PM
You know Warcraft really isn't all that bad of an idea. While normally it would be restricting, if I just set it in the future and create land for it to take place in, like the expansions do, it would allow for a lot of flexibility in character creation. Considering that while in game there are like 10 classes and races, in the actual lore there's so much more and interesting combinations. Ogre Warlock, Troll Druid, Orcish Mage, Gnomish Tinkerer, Taunka Warrior, Forsaken Lich. That could be pretty fun, and offer a lot to players. The issue would just be getting them to not just kill each other and actually work together.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 01:11 PM
yes, but there is one combination that doesn't work. Gnome warrior.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
It technically would, but it would be vastly underpowered. The thing is though there are ways to balance it. Such as warrior wouldn't be available to everyone. But, certain races would have special versions of them.

Tech-Warrior, for Gnome.

High Elves and Blood Elves wouldn't have Warriors, but instead they would have Spell Blades. There's a work around for most races, and ways to balance them.

Eddren
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Of COURSE I'd play a Warlock.
Or a Blood-Elf 'Paladin.' They're equally corrupt.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Blood Elf Spellblade might be better for you. Melee Caster that uses Demonic Energies, if you go with a certain sub class. Trades off some of the power of a warlock, for more melee capabilities.

Probably call it Felblade.

Fel being Demonic energies.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
of course. Can I be the lich king? XD

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
No, but a Death Knight might be possible. I just need to find a way to actually put them in society, might have to be a Hero Class earned at a later time because of its nature.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
well, in the mash-up torny I claimed Gwyn, Arthras or Arthas, I can't remember how to spell his name, and Mehrunes Dagon!

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 01:59 PM
No idea who Arthras is. Dagon would be some sort of Warlock hero class. Gwyn would be a form of Paladin. Arthas was a Paladin.

Just remember, typical way I do it. Start out low, become the hero in the story.

Develop the character in the RP, not before the RP.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 02:01 PM
no no no no. In the torny. The mash-up torny rp. And Arthras is the Current Lich-King

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
By the way, how do these look for the races so far?

Troll

Ogre

Gnome

Goblin

Dark Iron Dwarves

Wildhammer Dwarves

Ironforge Dwarves

Blood Elf

Draenei(Aliens)

Revantusk Troll(Forest Troll)

Gnoll(Hyena People)

Half Elf

Half Ogre

Half Orc

High Elf

Human

Jungle Troll

Broken(Draenei)

Mag’har(Uncorrupted Orc)

Night Elf

Orc

Taunka

Tauren(Cow People)

Worgen(Werewolf)

Forsaken(Undead)

E1Alpha
09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
First of all: It's ARTHAS, Cf. Arthas was the Prince of Lordaeron and a paladin before merging with Ner'Zhul and becoming the Lich King.

Now, secondly:
WoW was the first ever stage where I became a DM/Event Master. I worked on a private server where we said "TO HELL WITH THE CRAPPY LORE" and we actually staged a global takeover and near extinction of many races by the hands of a new god. Booty Bay and Ratchet were the final safehavens, which had become vastly secured military complexes, Alliance residing in Booty Bay and Horde in Ratchet. They were at an official truce, but shit was going on everywhere, and many evil factions had actually joined up and conquered Azeroth.
Through RP, players actually had to reclaim province by province to finally face the old god. Sadly enough, the server didn't survive long enough for that.

But seeing you talk about doing a costumization of WoW Lore (Almost everything that happened post-WC3), I just got remembered of that.

@Tolvo

You might wanna include Kalu'ak, Wolvar, Gorlocs and Vrykul as well. Perhaps even Qiraji and Nerubians.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
As an avid reader of the Warcraft novels and true-blue despiser of WoW as a game, I take offense when saying that Warcraft's lore is stupid >.> I happen to enjoy every aspect of their epic, Panderan's included. I kinda wish there was more novels about the Dark Ages of Warcraft, but I suppose they're still working on that >.>

Every story is kosher, in my opinion, and I fail to see where things get 'stupid' in its lore.

EDIT: Also, no Naga? I am ashamed >: (

E1Alpha
09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Well, they're overdoing it a bit.
I love Warcraft's lore, don't get me wrong, but Warcraft is suffering from what I call the FF-Syndrome (final fantasy syndrom).
It is commercially being overused that its value has begun to go down.
I have always kept up to speed with all lore from the Titans down to the fall of the Lich King.
But especially with Cataclysm, they threw the lore so full of plottwists, it became somewhat clogged to me.
It is because of Cataclysm that I've not given Pandaria much of a chance.

But in all honesty. Warcraft is one of those many things, that should either have ended during its glory time (being around the era of Warcraft 3), or that should have handled things much more differently.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Well, they're overdoing it a bit.
I love Warcraft's lore, don't get me wrong, but Warcraft is suffering from what I call the FF-Syndrome (final fantasy syndrom).
It is commercially being overused that its value has begun to go down.
I have always kept up to speed with all lore from the Titans down to the fall of the Lich King.
But especially with Cataclysm, they threw the lore so full of plottwists, it became somewhat clogged to me.
It is because of Cataclysm that I've not given Pandaria much of a chance.

But in all honesty. Warcraft is one of those many things, that should either have ended during its glory time (being around the era of Warcraft 3), or that should have handled things much more differently.

What they SHOULD have done is not mine for money and turn it into an MMO >.>

Cataclysm was very twisted up in its plot twists, I'll give you that (having read the novel on such where every other page someone dies or pops up or something outrageous happens to the 'main' characters). But honestly, the actual delivery of it should have been expected, at least in regards to Deathwing. But even then the story was new and exciting.

Warcraft has the talent, backing, and ability to keep creating original plot and driving it forward with their regrettably massive MMO. The fact that they're still putting money into the novels means they care about the Lore to some degree. The only problem is, as you said, in an effort to keep up with the MMO, they're shoving out more and more story that, while still retaining depth begins to lose its IMPACT.

Hey, anyone remember Arthas? Prince of Lorderon, betrayed his race and kingdom, murdered his father, turned to the 'dark side' and began a massive invasion using the power of the Lich King Ner'Zhul (I'm probably butchering spelling so far), and eventually claimed complete control over his alter sides (These being Ner'Zhul and the leftover 'good' of Arthas) to launch that invasion and basically (almost) destroy the world.

... no one?

Oh yeah, that's because as soon as the MMO 'killed' him, they had to shove him off and 'write out his death' so the next expansion could come out.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 07:05 PM
we mentioned Arthas

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 07:08 PM
WATCH THIS XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VL88Knido

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 07:27 PM
we mentioned Arthas

It was meant to make a point, sir >.> I could do the same with "Anyone remember Illidan"?

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
who is Illidan?

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 07:45 PM
who is Illidan?

I rest my case.

Since I refuse to see what he had to do with the Burning Crusade (which he apparently was in, hell if I know for certain) Illidan is a key character to shaping what would be a LOT of Warcraft's lore. Originally one of the kaldorei (what we know now as Night Elves) Illidan Stormrage was Malfurion Stormrage's brother, who was used by the Burning Legion when they first came to Azeroth. He is basically the original "demon hunter". Though I forget most of the specifics, he eventually turned back to the good side and helped the elves push the Legion back, which resulting in the original Breaking of the world. He was imprisoned for his treachery, and remained in that prison until the Legion's second coming, when Tyrande Whisperwind released him because of his 'demon hunter' nature.

However, he succumbed to his need for power again we he absorbed the skull of Gul'dan in order to defeat a Dreadlord (I believe I'm getting these references correct) and became even more demonic than he was before. After being banished by Malfurion for his crimes, he found the Naga and assumed control over them to further his ambition, now working for the Demon Lord Kil'jaeden. His mission was to stop Arthas from reaching the Lich King, la la la, HIS STORY IS WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.

Basically, now that I've told his story (leaving out a LOT by the way), you should probably be thinking "Why have I never heard of him?"

Because World of Warcraft is a cunt that needs to stop fucking everything she sees. I believe Illidan met the end of his story in Burning Crusade, though he might still be around... I hope >.>

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
actually, by my standards he's pretty normal

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
If Illidan is normal, then I'd love to see the backstory on someone you find interesting.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Of course. Artemis Entreri.

Artemis Entreri is a fictional character in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. Entreri is depicted as a ruthless assassin and the arch-enemy of Drizzt Do'Urden, the protagonistic dark elf. He is the creation of author R. A. Salvatore, first appearing at the end of the 1988 novel The Crystal Shard, the first book in The Icewind Dale Trilogy. He makes regular reappearances in subsequent novels by Salvatore, reprising his role of main antagonist to the hero Drizzt Do'Urden.

Entreri's character has been well-developed in the series of books by Salvatore as well as in official material for the Forgotten Realms setting itself. Portrayed as a cunning and tactical assassin, Entreri lives an empty life, devoid of any kind of pleasure or companionship, existing only to kill. Credited with being one of the best assassins in Faerūn, he is a highly composed and calculating man, with fighting skills rivaling those of his dark-elven enemy, Drizzt Do'Urden.

Artemis is described as not being very tall, as well as wiry. Artemis is very lean, muscular, and agile. He has short black hair and favors a trimmed goatee and moustache. His skin has a grayish hue due to his absorbing a shade through the use of his vampiric dagger. Artemis rarely ever laughs or smiles. In fact the assassin is as well known for his fearsome glare as he is for his fighting skill; one look from Artemis has often been enough to evoke fear and stop people speaking in mid-sentence.

Artemis is a professional and always has an air of control about him. Every move he makes or word he speaks is calculated to achieve a desired effect. He never allows emotions or the circumstances, no matter how dire, to master him. In this, he is completely as determined as Drizzt. He is often seen as the evil version of Drizzt. He tirelessly maintains himself in top condition, and constantly seeks to improve his martial skills, again just as his drow enemy does. Artemis is also terribly cunning, able to outthink as well as outfight his opponents. One aspect of his professionalism that is rare in a man whose business is killing is that Artemis almost never kills unless it is necessary or unless he has been hired to do so. There has been the occasional exception, such as in The Halfling's Gem, Starless Night, and The Silent Blade, where Entreri killed somebody simply because he really wanted to. On two of these three occasions the victim had made the mistake of angering Artemis and provoking him. Artemis has vowed to "never leave an enemy in his wake." He does not take threats lightly. For the most part, those who are not enemies of Entreri or his allies have nothing to fear from him.

Aside from items of value that are useful in the pursuit of his ends (such as his enchanted weapons), Entreri tends to not care about, and even actively disdains, wealth and material luxuries. (This is in contrast to Jarlaxle, who loves material luxuries, and when in Jarlaxle's company, Entreri has often acceded to indulging in certain luxuries, such as wearing fine and expensive clothing, at the drow's insistence.) It is part of Entreri's outlook on life to sublimate his urges and desires; he tends to view them as weaknesses. He tends to hold the view that living in luxury will "soften" him (as a boy, after being taken in by a guild, he slept on the floor rather than his bed out of concern that this luxury might soften him). He dislikes intoxicants and drugs because they cloud the mind; only on very rare occasions has he ever relaxed enough to imbibe even moderate amounts of alcohol, and then only in very secure surroundings. He only rarely indulged his sexual urges in the past, both because he viewed the inability to sublimate his desire as weakness and because of the vulnerability inherent in sexual, and particularly romantic, relationships. (The disastrous relationship with the half-elf Calihye—possible only because Jarlaxle used a magical artifact to awaken long-buried emotions in Entreri—undoubtedly only further entrenched this tendency in Entreri.) After becoming the most infamous assassin in Calimport, Entreri charged a high fee for his services, but this was clearly more a matter of demanding recognition for his status than any desire for wealth.

Artemis Entreri's greatest hatred and disgust is reserved for those who are willing to abandon or betray their children in an effort to save themselves. This is because of the events during his formative years, specifically because of something that was done to him by adults who he should have been able to trust as a child. This is suggested in "The Third Level"—Salvatore's contribution to the 1994 Forgotten Realms short story compilation Realms of Infamy—where it says on page 80, "Still, he could smell the breath of that lecherous old man, like the breath of his own father, and his uncle." This is not the only reference, as in The Silent Blade Entreri "thought back further, to the torment that had landed him [in Calimport] in the first place, trials too great for a boy to overcome, deception and betrayal by everyone he had known and trusted, most pointedly his own father." It has also been hypothesized by Jarlaxle Baenre, who knows Artemis very well, that somebody close to him, most likely a "parent or a close family friend" (possibly a priest, and definitely a traveling merchant who helped him get to Calimshan), betrayed him when he was less than nine years of age. Most recently it was discovered in Road of the Patriarch that he was fathered by a priest because his mother needed the money, and was given to an abusive man for caretaking. After an attempted rape by his "Uncle" Tosso, Artemis has been extremely reluctant to completely trust anyone. He has since begun to slightly trust Jarlaxle, as much as he could trust anyone. His experiences in Memnon and Calimport at a young age have scarred him; he was betrayed by those family members closest to him, and all the authority figures he ever encountered were clearly hypocrites and liars openly using their power to exploit and rob those less fortunate than themselves. Entreri developed an utterly pessimistic and pragmatic outlook, viewing the world as a hateful place where everyone exploits everyone else, unless they are too weak to do so; to survive, one must possess the power to exploit others and the ruthlessness to do so without allowing emotions to encumber you.

Entreri despises serving other individuals. He values his independence highly (and of course, trusts virtually no one) and tends to view serving another as little better than being a slave to that person. Unlike Jarlaxle, he has never shown much interest in, or desire to, formally control an organization such as a thieves' guild, although his reputation and skills could have allowed him to do so with relative ease (when he removed Regis the halfling from the leadership position of the guild formerly led by Pasha Pook, the guild was his for the taking, but he chose to leave Calimport in pursuit of his revenge against Drizzt Do'Urden.) Entreri presumably has little interest in occupying his time with the headaches of day-to-day leadership when he would prefer to be pursuing his craft and refining his fighting skills. He understands the value of being affiliated with such organizations, however, and being able to draw upon their resources. His preferred position inside Calimport was as an "independent contractor", so to speak; an assassin who might favor one leading guild (such as Pasha Pook's) as his primary employer, but possessing the freedom to choose to move from guild to guild. He did maintain his own network of informants and contacts, independent of any guild, while he was in Calimport; typically, when he returned to Calimport after absences of several years, the fact that he would have to reestablish his old network of contacts, or even rebuild it one informant at a time, and that he would be vulnerable without such a network, was often uppermost on his mind.

Because Entreri has for so long defined himself in terms of his fighting skills, he has several times worried about aging, less in terms of fears of suffering death due to natural causes than the fact that aging will slow his reflexes and rob him of his fighting skills. This is particularly vexing to him because Drizzt Do'Urden, his great nemesis, is an elf, and will likely remain young and vital long after age has stolen his fighting abilities and, eventually, caused him to pass away. In The Silent Blade and Servant of the Shard, it is implied that age has slowed him slightly. Age has only very slightly reduced his speed and agility—he is still capable of speedy and agile movements many younger fighters cannot even dream of—but, as Artemis has long prided himself on being the best of the best, it irks him to slow even slightly. In the short story That Curious Sword, Entreri accidentally infuses himself with part of the essence of a shade when he uses his jeweled dagger (capable of magically draining life energy) to kill the shade attacking him and Jarlaxle. Later stories and novels imply that this has greatly slowed his aging process, and perhaps even rejuvenated him to some extent. It is likely that Entreri is now as fast and agile as he was at his peak, and that his aging process has slowed to the point that he may live as long as Drizzt Do'Urden, or longer. This also creates yet another odd mirror-aspect of Drizzt, an above-ground dweller infused with darkness against a drow infused with light.

Artemis is a tactical master, taking every advantage offered him and seeking to create more. Artemis is also a very fast learner. Even if he observes a particular combat maneuver just once or twice, he is able to adapt it to his choice of weapons and duplicate it effectively in battle (these tend to be Drizzt's maneuvers, their styles and skill level being so similar). He is also excellent at improvising; he can use his surroundings to excellent effect, when he would otherwise be at a severe disadvantage. Artemis is also a consummate warrior, combining his ambidexterity, thieving training, and warrior's weapon skills to be one of the most dangerous swordsmen in the Realms. Few men indeed could have so repeatedly crossed blades with Drizzt Do'Urden and lived to tell of it. He specializes in a two-weaponed fighting style with the use of a dagger and a sword, equalling Drizzt in fighting capability. (When he first encountered Drizzt and other drow, Entreri was impressed by how common it was for drow elves to fight skillfully while simultaneously wielding two long blades, as it would obviously be easy to tangle one's own long blades together while moving them through fighting routines. As presumably, any disadvantage to fighting a warrior wielding two long blades when one of his own blades would be a dagger, and thus shorter than his opponent's sword, is offset by the fact that Entreri may be able to execute at least some fighting maneuvers that an opponent with two swords could not execute, or at least could not execute as easily or quickly, without tangling his weapons together.) According to the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Entreri is an 18th level character, with twelve levels as a fighter, one level as an assassin, one level in ranger, and four levels as a rogue. This was as of the time he had his longsword, prior to stealing Charon's Claw. Entreri has had many adventures since and has risen in levels.

- - - Updated - - -

basically, a Fantasy Jango/Boba Fett, yes?

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Well then.

I'm about to pick your argument very carefully apart. Mmkay? mmkay.

1. It is pretty easy to develop a character over the course of a book series. As the arch-nemesis of the famous Drizzt, I'm sure he's been featured in ALL the books (which, if I miss my guess, there have been at least 6 or so following JUST Drizzt's story, correct?). Illidan was developed over the course of... Let's see... three books (where he wasn't even THE main character) and a video game and its expansion.

2. That wall of text you just posted tells me little to nothing of his actual accomplishments in the storyline of the Forgotten Realms. It was basically just an in depth character analysis, which I probably could match with Illidan if I actually chose to do so and did my reading again (its been a while since I followed Illidan's story all the way through).

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Okay, here comes his history.

Entreri reveals little about his past, but some is known about his early life. Artemis Entreri was born into the streets of Memnon, to a prostitute named Shanali, he was constantly abused by his "father," Belrigger, and his uncle, Tosso-posh. Eventually, his mother sold him to a pedophile merchant who was, if anything, worse than his uncle; it's speculated that it was through the depraved merchant's travels is how Entreri reached Calimport. This betrayal was enough to put a block on Entreri's emotions, making the man hide from the world by a sheer mental wall of anger and cynicism. In Calimport, he was taken in by the thieves' guild ruled by Pasha Basadoni. Basadoni taught young Artemis the tricks of the trade, teaching him the basics of fighting, and helping him master stealth. As Entreri practiced, he flourished, becoming the most efficient and deadly assassin in Calimshan and perhaps all of Faerūn. He was hired by many Pashas, his most recent employer being Pasha Pook. Pasha Pook hired Artemis to track down a halfling named Regis who had stolen an enchanted ruby from Pook. Entreri would chase Regis for several years, each time with Regis only escaping by a hair's breadth. Entreri eventually cornered Regis in the far north at the Spine of the World.

Artemis was born in the city of Memnon in Calimshan (modeled after Arabic Spain), but traveled to Calimport with a desert caravan when he was only nine. He escaped the caravan once it arrived in the city as he learned that he was going to be sold into slavery by the wicked merchants of the caravan.

Artemis lived on the streets of Calimport after that, using his canny wits and outstanding physical qualities to carve a niche of turf for him self in one of the city’s hundreds of poor shanty towns. After several years, he was noticed by members of the Basadoni Cabal, one of the most powerful thieves’ guilds in Calimport.

He ascended the ranks of the guild quickly, again aided by his devious mind, fit body, and the underestimation of one so young by his foes. At some point after that, he left a lieutenancy in Basadoni's Cabal (or the Cabal itself was wiped out or absorbed) for employment in Pasha Pook's guild. It was this event that was to later bring him into contact with the drow ranger who would become his nemesis, Drizzt Do'Urden. Artemis served Pook for an unknown number of years, until he (and many of Pook’s guild members) were sent out to search for a halfling thief named Regis who'd stolen one of a dozen rubies from the Pasha, a magical stone on a pendant (which functioned as a rod of beguiling). Artemis eventually found Regis in the Icewind Dale area known as Ten-Towns in 1351 DR. He was spotted by the halfling, however, who again fled.

Artemis tracked Regis and his companions, as they sought the location of Mithral Hall, the dwarf Bruenor’s ancestral home. Artemis had captured the companions friend, Catti-Brie, for information, use as a hostage, and as bargaining chip; Artemis intended to trade the young girl for the halfling whom he would then return to Calimport with the ruby and for a suitable punishment.

Artemis also found himself working briefly with forces of the Arcane Brotherhood, assigned the task by the wizard, Dendybar the Mottled. This union was not a calm one, and Artemis killed a warrior named Jierdan over leadership of the band. When this group caught up with the heroes in the dangerous passageways of Mithral Hall, the remainder of the Brotherhood’s forces perished and Artemis met Drizzt face to face for the first time. This clash, and several more to follow, was inconclusive, though both men grew to hate one another perhaps because they both saw the kind of man each might have become had circumstances differed. Artemis was successful in capturing Regis, and he returned the halfling to Calimport. At one point, Regis tried to escape, and Artemis removed a finger from his hand as punishment and a warning not attempt such a ploy again. Regis hoped to slow their travels enough so that his companions, who were pursuing, might catch up. Regis was later rescued and Pook’s guild all but destroyed by the actions of the heroes, although Artemis survived and disappeared into Calimport’s streets. When the halfling’s friends were set to return north, Regis said he’d remain behind and run what had been Pook’s guild. In 1357, Regis reappeared at Mithral Hall, now the heroes' home. Actually, Artemis was using a magical mask (functioning as a mask of disguise) to appear as the halfling. Artemis had captured the real Regis and hidden him deep in the bowels of Mithral Hall. Artemis and Drizzt fought again, and finally, one seemed about to defeat the other. Drizzt left the battered Artemis for dead, though Regis later tried to finish the job the drow ranger had started. Artemis did not die, although that was perhaps the closest he had ever come to death (not counting the past before he was known as the deadliest of assassins). He was found by Jarlaxle of the Bregan Daerthe band of drow mercenaries and taken to Menzoberranzan. Jarlaxle healed him and offered to let Artemis help the drow bring down Mithral Hall and kill Drizzt once and for all. Left with little choice, Artemis agreed, though he knew the drow would likely kill him the instant he was no longer of use to them. The fact that the drow of Menzoberranzan revered Lolth, the Spider Queen did nothing to help comfort Artemis, as he’d always hated spiders. Artemis again met Drizzt and Catti-Brie, and eventually the three reached an agreement to work together and escape the drow and their city. The plan worked, but as time passed, both men found it increasingly difficult to be in the other’s presence, so great was the enmity between them. After the journey of a week or so back to the deep tunnels beneath Mithral Hall, Artemis left the company of the human and the drow and, while no hostilities were exchanged, the fiery light in both men’s eyes said that the truce was over and if they ever met again, it would be for the final time.

He's in 16 different stories, And 3 video games

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Thaaaat's more like it. An interesting character to say the least.

However, I'd like to draw us back to what my original point was: Warcraft is and will always be a God when it comes to creating magnificent lore/backstories for characters. They don't overuse tropes, they don't abuse the "I'm the long lost sister of the man you killed!" thing, and they have a way of making every character believable and realistic. The PROBLEM is that their MMO is making them take things the way their ravenous players want, which is towards more expansions. Well, their MMO and their desire to squeeze every last dime out of this gold mind they created.

No more are the days of lore that made you truly fear an enemy and rue ever having set foot in their lair. Arthas might have been the most powerful being Azeroth had ever seen outside of the Titans and Burning Legion. He could have purged the world. But the MMO killed him. No more are the days where Lore meant something and wasn't something you wrote alongside 80 of your Monster-chugging friends. It was something you were supposed to EXPERIENCE, not kill and move on to the next one.

E1Alpha
09-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Honestly, Illidan will always be a more favorite character of mine than Arthas, for multiple reasons. A villain that has received way too little praise over the duration of WoW.
In fact, I don't see Illidan as an appropriate main villain of an expansion. (Sure, you can argue that Kil'Jaeden was the TRUE final boss of Burning Crusade, but Illidan was still its poster boy)

In any case
The day that Warcraft 4 comes out and picks up where Warcraft 3 left off, that will be the mark of a week during which I will lock myself in a room with my computer.
Just the fact that Warcraft is still played by so many people says enough. It is a timeless game, and if Blizzard would have invested in actually continuing to produce a high quality RTS, things could have been so much different.
Another main thing I dislike about WoW is the fact that whatever lore they think of, they will ALWAYS need to stay true to Alliance and Horde. Sure, everybody hates Garrosh, but that's besides the point.

I feel that the story of Warcraft could have gone so much better were they not bound by faction.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Honestly, Illidan will always be a more favorite character of mine than Arthas, for multiple reasons. A villain that has received way too little praise over the duration of WoW.
In fact, I don't see Illidan as an appropriate main villain of an expansion. (Sure, you can argue that Kil'Jaeden was the TRUE final boss of Burning Crusade, but Illidan was still its poster boy)

And on my hand, Arthas will always be one of my favorite characters... Mostly because of his tragic story. If you never have gotten the chance to read the Warcraft novel entitled 'Arthas', you need to.

In any case
The day that Warcraft 4 comes out and picks up where Warcraft 3 left off, that will be the mark of a week during which I will lock myself in a room with my computer.
Just the fact that Warcraft is still played by so many people says enough. It is a timeless game, and if Blizzard would have invested in actually continuing to produce a high quality RTS, things could have been so much different.

I agree 100%. Poor RPA will have to deal without us when that day comes xD

Another main thing I dislike about WoW is the fact that whatever lore they think of, they will ALWAYS need to stay true to Alliance and Horde. Sure, everybody hates Garrosh, but that's besides the point.

I feel that the story of Warcraft could have gone so much better were they not bound by faction.

Another reason the MMO ruined it. And you might not hate Garrosh if you understood his character from the novel's point of view :P

E1Alpha
09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
And you might not hate Garrosh if you understood his character from the novel's point of view :P

I meant the other Horde leaders x3 I love Garrosh's character, but others aren't fond of him, such as Vol'Jin and Lady Bitch, I mean Sylvanas

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I like Grom and Thrall. from what Max has told me, and they are colled orcs, those are the ONLY 2 orcs in any fantasy realm that I respect

E1Alpha
09-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Honestly, those two plus Saurfang and Ogrim Doomhammer are the only orcs that have truly earned respect in the Warcraft universe.
Why?

Thrall: Brilliant Warchief of the Horde that has saved his people from the human internment camps
Grom: Freed all the orcs from the blood curse of the Burning Legion
Saurfang: A legendary warhero
Orgrim Doomhammer: The only Orc warchief to resist the temptation of the Burning Legion

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 09:16 PM
I mean in any universe. what other orcs can be considered respectable? The Grey Prince? XD He basically commits suicide by nameless hero.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 09:26 PM
wow, I killed off one of my own characters in a 1x1, and my partner actually got mad that she died. wow, never had that before.

E1Alpha
09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Ofcourse! 1v1 aren't normally supposed to end with a death unless you've reached the conclusion of the RP! He/She should have slapped you on top of getting mad! xD Keep the dying for the battle forum is what I say.

Eddren
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Woah, woah, woah, WAIT.
You WANT Blizzard to Bastardize Warcraft, like it has Diablo?
REALLY?
Because I assure you, it's entirely unlikely that they'll have been developing Warcraft, and end up not wanting to release it due to another game being released at the same time, and have a good year or so(Plus) to Beta-Test it. Which means when it comes out, it'll be an even BIGGER smoldering pile of crap.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
When I was talking about stupid stuff, I was mainly referring to the weird retcons and stuff like travelling back in time to the well of eternity, or travelling back in time to make sure Arthas becomes the Lich King. Their need to fuck with established lore is crazy. As well sometimes characters just don't seem to have too much logic to them. The cult of the damned being a main part of this.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
but it is near the end. I almost NEVER kill charas. Ask max. Even when charas should die, they dont. And My main is still alive. I felt that they should die. And besides, I forget if it was 3 or four arrows that pierced her. She went down fighting.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Also I wasn't sure if I was going to allow some of the zanier races, like Nerubians, because I'm not sure if people could accurately play them. As well having one out in the open doing quests with a group could cause complications. Perhaps I could set up certain races in which a person can play if they prove to me they can.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Like that monkey race? XD From ES, I mean

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Well yes, similar to the Akavir it while possible, would really complicate things and limit the player in regards.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I thought the Akavir were the snake people?

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Snake, Demon, Monkey, Tiger people. There are four races.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 10:45 PM
IMGA, that was their name.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Oh, Imga aren't Akavir. Imga are ape men that are infatuated with Altmer.

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
So what is everyone up to?

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I did say monkey -_-. and I always thought that akavir were only snake men

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Apes and Monkeys aren't the same thing. The Monkeys are Akavir.

Cfavano
09-13-2012, 11:31 PM
odd, when I went to pale pass, I only saw human skeletons, and they were supposedly akaviri warriors

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
You know how games are, most just have one skeleton designed for use.

I mean, Wow only has male skeletons and like five models for them with different colored variants. Think about how ong it has been out haha.

Oh yeah, Vrykul would be amazing to play as, but again that is something that would have to be limited.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I meant the other Horde leaders x3 I love Garrosh's character, but others aren't fond of him, such as Vol'Jin and Lady Bitch, I mean Sylvanas

Hey, I like Sylvanas xD Also a rather tragic character.

Honestly, those two plus Saurfang and Ogrim Doomhammer are the only orcs that have truly earned respect in the Warcraft universe.
Why?

Thrall: Brilliant Warchief of the Horde that has saved his people from the human internment camps
Grom: Freed all the orcs from the blood curse of the Burning Legion
Saurfang: A legendary warhero
Orgrim Doomhammer: The only Orc warchief to resist the temptation of the Burning Legion

You didn't mention Durotan. I am disappoint >:(

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:43 PM
As well, while I'd hate to do it, a bit of Retcon would make it way easier to run.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Retcon?

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:50 PM
You alter existing parts of the story/lore. Such as, Han shot first in star wars. In the original he shot greedo under the table. In the new releases, Greedo shoots his gun then han fires.

In this case I'd probably take Cataclysm and make it be that in this timeline, Azeroth actually got destroyed. That way I can change world leaders, etc, and have a different setting which I'd have total freedom in.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 11:52 PM
In this case I'd probably take Cataclysm and make it be that in this timeline, Azeroth actually got destroyed. That way I can change world leaders, etc, and have a different setting which I'd have total freedom in.

I was about to correct you, but then I realized you mean COMPLETELY destroyed xD Man that would suck. And then you'd have to explain how everyone got back on their feet and stuff and all sorts of nonsense :P

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I know there'd be a level of nonsense. Essentially, remember Outlands? Along those lines, but another world.

Jacogos
09-13-2012, 11:56 PM
So you're doing to Azeroth what happened to Draenor?

Tolvo
09-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Bingo.

Totally new land, tons of refugees with the factions trying to maintain control and conquer new land. I wouldn't have it be just at the start though, so there could be established groups and structures. But there'd still be a lot of untamed land.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
sounds like fun

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Indeed, plus there will be multiple ways to play. One can make a faction oriented character, so one who does combat against other factions. A battlefield focused one, similar to PvP. There can be adventurers. There can be duelists who focus on arena and rule based combat. People who focus on fighting corruption in the world, those who are expansionist fighting for new land against nature, and of course those looking to undo any good there is. So much to do.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 12:07 AM
sill no ranged weapons for paladins? if so, I call the boomerang XD

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Paladins belief them to be immoral. ;king8;

Or some other bullshit that balances classes.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Because if you want to try and make overpowered character Cf, that means someone else could make a Nerubian undead necromancer that carries four repeating rifles. Each loaded with explosive rounds that explode into acid which eats through anything.

I'd rather avoid people attempting to powergame. Because it just means I will make the enemies practically unkillable.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 12:15 AM
What about those characters who want to build a faction of their own?

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 12:17 AM
how is the boomerang overpowered?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Then they better work their ass off.

- - - Updated - - -

I was speaking of your question about paladin using ranged weapons.

Healing heavily armored casters, giving them ranged weapons is a bit much considering everything they already have.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 12:21 AM
well, I'm probably going to be human, and pick paladin or warrior

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 12:23 AM
You putting it on RPA? I'll stick my head in, see what's happenin :P

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:25 AM
That reminds me, I'll probably have to figure out racial abilities. Because some are a bit weak, and others a bit powerful. Vrykul would probably have a bit too good of racials, one of the reason a player being one is a bit of a bitch. Unless I give them negative attributes, like to reputation, intelligence, etc.

Humans will probably be pretty standard, with their reputation bonus. Other than that though, I might have to give them something with a ridiculous name, "Human Spirit!"

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to get it on RPA.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:33 AM
By the way for those curious what a Vrykul is. Think ten foot tall humans with norse culture that focus on rune magic.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 12:38 AM
By the way for those curious what a Vrykul is. Think ten foot tall humans with norse culture that focus on rune magic.

They're half-giants. So think a bunch of Hagrids :P

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't know if I would classify them as half-giants. I'd say rather they are former Seed Race A. :nerd:

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Actually, they ARE half-giants xD Its a lore thing lol

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Maybe Half-Titan would be more fitting. Since from everything I've found in game, they were one of the seed races. So I don't know if calling them a mix would be proper, since they were one of the first.

Although are you talking about it in breeding terms, like part one.

Or do you mean the size classification? If so, yeah they are totally half-giants.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 01:00 AM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/human

First paragraph, right there next to the picture, bud :P

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 01:03 AM
damn, that girl is hot

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 01:05 AM
damn, that girl is hot

It's the fireball, isn't it? xDxDxDxD

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:07 AM
I know they call them Half-Giants, what I'm saying is it doesn't entirely make sense unless they are just talking about their height. Vrykul were metal beings planted on Azeroth by titans. So the only thing they could descend from is a Titan. They may be related to Giants, but it would be like saying you are half asian because your brother is asian, even if you had a different mother.

Born as metal men that were turned to flesh with the curse of flesh, I don't see what they could mean by Half-Giant outside of their height. Unless they mean the modern generation bred with giants, but that still wouldn't make sense because they are identical to how they were when the titans created them. Unless Titans fall under the classification of Giant. I know in game they fall under Giant, but that's a height classification for game mechanics.

If so, I'd say they are Half-Titans. And that Giants, are also Half-Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard is good at sexualizing everything.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 01:09 AM
oh yeah, I bet there are girls that get off to the 'Sexy horde Leaders' calender XD

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine, Thall in nothing but a skintight speedo XD

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:15 AM
By the way Eddren if you join in take a note, don't trust body less voices that promise power.

That's essentially the cause of most problems Azeroth has ever faced.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Bodyless voices? Promising POWER?
Time to make a Warlock, and get my demonic possession on!

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:20 AM
You're going to make someone have to sunder the new world aren't you?

Jacogos
By the way Eddren if you join in take a note, don't trust body less voices that promise power.

That's essentially the cause of most problems Azeroth has ever faced.

I don't think its so much the BODYless voices you should worry about, but the ones that do have faces. And those faces are consistently on fire.

But in any case, perhaps Blizzard knows something we don't *shrugs* If they call half-giants, they're half-giants. It is their world/lore, after all.

And on the topic of sexualizing everything... Sylvanas.

Cfavano
wow, you are the only person I have ever heard think possession is a good thing. And how does my image sit in your head? gonna have to use a drill to get it out XD

- - - Updated - - -

that's edd. whenever someone has something nice, he has to break it. I imagine he was a bully when he was younger. Maybe he still is

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:24 AM
I don't really care about image, it could be a naked Orc who cares?

I think the name Half-Giant probably came about before they really knew where they were going with it.

Ogres are considered Half-Giant as well, but are of no relation to Vrykul in any way. As I said it's probably just a size thing, because they are of similar height.

Dead Elf woman? better give her a low cut top and big ol' hips!

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 01:28 AM
I've always heard of ogres being referred to as Draenor's Giants, not actually half-giants... Hell if I know. Ever meet a Blizzard lore writer, ask 'em xD

Well in all honesty, they just gave her back the body she had in life, which would obviously be elvish and naturally beautiful, but I think they got a little carried away with it xD Sex sells, after all.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:29 AM
I sometimes wonder if that was the entire purpose Blood Elves and Night Elves haha.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 01:32 AM
though, I am glad he is (I hope) making an exception for me. Oh, update. The dark army is destroyed, all my charas but Sam are dead, Sam and Autumn now own Sweet Apple acres, and we have adopted Surprise, Pinkie Pie's great-granddaughter.

- - - Updated - - -

remember the night elf stripper?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Nope, don't want to remember anything like that.

Also let's just say Edd, if you're looking to contact demon's and cause power struggles and manipulate people, you aren't the only one in this world.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 01:41 AM
I sometimes wonder if that was the entire purpose Blood Elves and Night Elves haha.

Well Elves just tend to turn to sex, simply for the idea that fantasy makes them all BEAUTIFUL -byo-

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Hey, Forsaken are beautiful. It's just on the inside. Though you can see their nice ribs easily.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Max has an irrational hated for all elfin beings. I think it might be sour grapes in the sense that, with their perfection, it makes him feel inadequate, so, because of that, he hates them as a way to deal with those feelings.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 01:52 AM
I hate them because they're supposed to be perfect in many works, which is stupid. If they are flawed and well written I can enjoy them, but often they are very poorly written.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 01:58 AM
so, you hate superman, then?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes.

I hate certain version of him, when there is essentially no conflict and he is just super good without flaws.

Some version of him I do like, because even if he is supposed to be good he is kind of a dick in them. Fighting to understand morality as people around him question if he has the right to make the decisions he does. That I like.

Just being perfect without a conflict of any sort and watching a dude punch guys into oblivion, boring as hell to me.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 02:07 AM
what about captain america?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Never cared for him.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 02:28 AM
even though there is gray area? are there any heroes that you like?

- - - Updated - - -

batman doesn't count, he's a vigilante, not a hero

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:29 AM
I don't really like Batman either.

Iron Man is okay in my book. Drunk jerk, flawed and humorous.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 02:34 AM
I don't really like Batman either.

Iron Man is okay in my book. Drunk jerk, flawed and humorous.

Oh but Batman is a VERY flawed hero xD The Dark Knight movies do that SOME justice, but the comics... Oh man <3

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I always preferred the cartoon version of him from Batman the Animated Series.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 02:46 AM
that theme song was awesome too. But 'Batman & Robin' sucked

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Making classes sucks.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 02:57 AM
I can help. what do you need?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Names are the only real things that could help.

Such as for necromancers.

Healing, Re-animator.

Summoning, Dominator

Damage Dealing, Shadowpriest.

That's what I have so far for Necromancer Subclasses.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:06 AM
How about:

Support, Death Lord

not healing, I mean like, buffing undead, like, increasing attack and defense

and, ahow about, for another class entirely, Nethermancer. These magic users tap into the power of shadows. like, summoning shadow beasts. You can't see them, except for their shadows, but they can still hurt you.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Those would be a form of warlock, as well it would require a character to actually have some ties to the Nether and probably outlands. I'd rather not have characters have that sort of power. I'm trying to stick to classes that would exist at large.

Healing because the undead need healers, their necromancers rebuilding their bodies in battle and resurrecting them. So the healer ones can only heal undead, and do it much more efficiently than others.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:12 AM
no no no, I mean the Death Lord doesn't heal. support can be confused with healing

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, what do you have for warrior?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Well the warriors in warcraft have three main distinctions.

Those who focus on fury and rage, focusing completely on their assault and nothing else. They take more damage, but deal more.

Armsmen, those who focus on tactics and focus in combat.

Then there is protection, which I will need to come up with a sub class for. These are those that focus on the heaviest armor and shields, trying to protect others. The tanks.

Fury could simply be Berserker.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Well, do you know what a battlerager is? It's kind of like a barbarian, but a higher AC, and less blind Fury. But for the Sub-class of the protector, How about Knight?
These give out auras that boost damage, defense, hit chance, dodge chance, and regeneration, but do not directly heal.

So, Support, Knight

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Knight might be more fitting for the subclass for Paladins.

As well I know what a Battlerager is, and they are super overpowered, or at least they were when I played. No way.

Fury in Warcraft can still wear Plate.

Perhaps Guardian or Defender for Protection Warriors. Because Knight assumes they are of an order.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 03:24 AM
You know, it's funny how you guys assume that ALL my characters will gain power through manipulation.

My NEXT two characters will gain power via LEGITIMATELY making what one may call an 'Evil Super-league', and the other one will be gaining power through the massive slaughter and subsequent reanimation of entire villages.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:27 AM
"Alright you know why I gathered you here.

Demon.

Lich.

Corrupted Dragon.

Servant of an Old God.

Cult of the Damned Member.

Today, we take over the world!

Legitimately!"

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:27 AM
okay, still the buffing auras, though? I have another one. This is an AOE Based defender fighter. Though, a title, I have not named. This defender's job is to get the enemies' attention. Unlike a normal tank, which just takes the hits, this one actually draws the enemies in, and then whales on them with powerful AOE radial attacks. It has an aura which increases it's threat level, and whenever it attacks an enemy, unless it starts attacking this one, it takes a penalty to hit chance, and defense. Also, it has a bonus that, it's attacks get more powerful the more enemies surround and attack it.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 03:29 AM
"Alright you know why I gathered you here.

Demon.

Lich.

Corrupted Dragon.

Servant of an Old God.

Cult of the Damned Member.

Today, we take over the world!

Legitimately!"

Why can't I rep this? xDxD

And now we know why Eddren is feared across the galaxy.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Wow, I've only got three Rep and I'm feared across the Galaxy?

Maybe I shouldn't tell you about Kunari...

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Cf, you're describing Paladin tanking. Warriors are just dudes in big armor Aura is a Paladin thing in Warcraft. This isn't DnD, so please stop trying to apply DnD to this.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:32 AM
well, I didn't know that. I never played WoW.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Here's the deal: Warriors should specialize in their swords, and doing PHYSICAL AoE and Tanking,
And Paladins should specialize in SPARKLY swords and NOT being the main tank.
Because Paladins are too busy buffing peeps and acting as the backup healer.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Edd gets it, Warriors are Physical, Paladins are magical. Although it's Magic from the Light. Which is why I'm adding the distinction of Spellblades. And then of course for those who choose a certain race, Death Knight.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:37 AM
Tell me paladins at least still smite undead like the dickens in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

well, I'm probably gonna be a pally anyway

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Smite is a preist ability, but Paladin have something that is basically the same thing, just a different name.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Just understand, that a paladin's holy magic is weaker than a priest's.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm telling you. I think I'll name the guy who'll lead my evil Superleague Mir'tol. He'll be a Troll.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:49 AM
So he could be a multitude of things, as trolls are capable of doing. Though of course certain things are out of his reach, but being a Warlock is still possible.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 03:50 AM
And that he'll be!
And a former Innkeep, at that.
Think about it for a moment. What was the Warlock-Innkeeper lacing those drinks with?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:54 AM
Voodoo probably. It's all trolls seem to know how to do is the voodoo.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 03:55 AM
you remind me of the babe

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 04:00 AM
If I remember correctly Edd, you might be able to eat your enemies too.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 04:04 AM
you remind me of the babe

The babe with the power?

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 04:12 AM
the power of voodoo (you're supposed to say 'what babe?' )

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 04:19 AM
the power of voodoo (you're supposed to say 'what babe?' )

Hey now, it's been a looooooooooooooooooong time since I had a Labyrinth reference to work off of xD I'm out of practice.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 04:22 AM
who do? you do! do what? you remind me of the babe!

*goes into a complex musical number using a bunch of goblin muppets and tossing around of an infant.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Gee, I wonder if Eddren is going to make a Demonologist. I can't possibly see why he would be interested in a class that takes on the physical form of demons eventually.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Hehe.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
It's too bad Warlocks will have social problems.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Who cares? He's a troll-Warlock. If he doesn't like someone, he eats them.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Being a cannibal that communes with Demon's when you need to go into a town, can cause problems.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh, boy! Towns? NOT FER LONG!

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Well there will be places he'll be welcome. Oddly enough the Forsaken aren't all too keen on Warlocks. Since the Undead have had a lot of problems with Warlocks in the past. I'm trying to think of a large group that might be more accepting of Warlocks...Ugh...Ogres Maybe.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 02:14 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lfgcomic.com%2F&ei=rDtTULjoJOTUigLT_oHYDw&usg=AFQjCNE6GxrgPYhmIuDUAoeDeC_TZeFNCw&sig2=IEDoM-6p3C44H_vNu1lLEA
That has summed up what he will do to any normal town or village he comes across very neatly.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:16 PM
All I got was the home page, but I know Richard well so I can imagine. Just know Richard is a very powerful warlock, and you'll have to start off small. Funny thing is though a starter demon to summon is very similar to his.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
But here's something to look forwards to, when you totally dominate a Demon, you get to treat them like an utter bitch. Because they literally can't say no.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm scared of Edd as a Warlock xD

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:19 PM
We could have a regular Ner'zul on our hands.

Jacogos
09-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I think you mean Gul'dan xD

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Hmm, that might be more likely.

I just hope he doesn't blood tap too much. What a stupid way to die.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 04:17 PM
So I'm thinking I might just cancel classes, and personally help each player make characters rather than list classes. Because this is so annoying to list all of this.

E1Alpha
09-14-2012, 04:32 PM
So I'm thinking I might just cancel classes, and personally help each player make characters rather than list classes. Because this is so annoying to list all of this.

Now you know why I give players full freedom on their characters, as long as they just fit in :P

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Well it'll still have to fit into the world, so I'll have to help them in creating it. Such as if someone tries to make a Jungle Troll Paladin I'll have to explain to them it just doesn't happen.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 06:45 PM
why not? you said there could be orc thieves in your elder scrolls rp.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 06:57 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/fun-facts-on-internet-7.jpg?w=500&h=320

Eddren
09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Hehehe.
Oh, don't worry. It's not my Warlock you should worry about. It's my spellblade.
My WARLOCK only does it because it's fun, and because he likes the idea of having Demon wenches(Yes, of all of my characters, HE'S going to be my pig-headed bastard.)
My Spell-blade will hate each and every individual person he meets with a passion that only he could hate them with, and, using that passion, will design a spell with which to finish them, custom-tailored to meet their particular disposition.
And my Old Man will...Be a good-guy, actually.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
It'll be pretty hard to play a spell blade incapable of learning spells Edd.

Eddren
09-14-2012, 09:45 PM
...Huh?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 09:51 PM
And an Orc can be stealthy, socially it's pretty good cover. But Trolls have an entire culture and religion that makes them becoming a Paladin a chance of like, 1 in a billion. Considering those who train Paladins and have orders usually don't like Trolls, as well Trolls are super rigid in their religious beliefs as is.

- - - Updated - - -

If he plans to kill everyone he meets, he'll kill all of his teachers. As well considering that could completely effect his physical appearance, people would know.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 10:11 PM
he didn't say WHEN he would kill them

- - - Updated - - -

Max, as a star wars fan and an actor, tell me what you think of this. Bear in mind, it was made to have the flavor of a Hong Kong Martial arts Movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPJUGFmUWw

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
It's a fighting scene? What else is there to really say? Saw that long ago when lightsaber battles were all the rage.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 10:33 PM
What about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3FyJU51kM

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Pretty much the same.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 10:41 PM
but it's not a fight scene

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 10:52 PM
No real story, no real emotion. It's watching blasters fly, and lightsabers clash. Definitely based off the Prequels.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 11:04 PM
did you not watch it all the way through?

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 11:10 PM
I know it's a commercial, but what I said still stands.

Tolvo
09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
I suppose this thing will probably have to happen after Cataclysm, so goodbye Aspects.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Edd, the 1x1 ended, so, I'll be making the OOC soon. you all have a spot if you want it. would you like to read the 1x1 to get up to speed?

Jacogos
09-15-2012, 12:07 AM
I suppose this thing will probably have to happen after Cataclysm, so goodbye Aspects.

The dragon aspects died in Cataclysm? Where have I been? O.o

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:12 AM
They weren't killed, but they used up all of their powers and became Mortal Dragons. So now they are just like other dragons. Oddly enough, their entire purpose was for one of them to cause a cataclysm, then for them to defeat him.

Don't question the titans!

I also did more research, apparently Titans are considered Giants. So that is why Vrykul are Half-Giants, because they were created by the Titans.

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Here you go edd, the OOC is up

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34920

Jacogos
09-15-2012, 12:19 AM
They weren't killed, but they used up all of their powers and became Mortal Dragons. So now they are just like other dragons. Oddly enough, their entire purpose was for one of them to cause a cataclysm, then for them to defeat him.

Don't question the titans!

I also did more research, apparently Titans are considered Giants. So that is why Vrykul are Half-Giants, because they were created by the Titans.

Yeah I just looked up the Aspects 'fall' xD Interesting. And so yeah, I guess that would make sense, the Vrykul thing xD Meh, Warcraft, how about that.

Recently, when I've been playing Warcraft 3 at the college I go to (spend a lot of time in a 'public' place with all my friends), and people come up and ask me what game I'm playing. When I tell them, they're like "that's not Warcraft. Where's your guy?"

I proceed to beat them to death with my laptop >.>

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:23 AM
I never played Warcraft 1-3, but I've always wanted to. I also know about the lore involved, because I can't just be ignorant of such a thing when I play a game.

Plus it makes Thrall cooler.

Jacogos
09-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Thrall will ALWAYS be a BAMF xD I just kinda wish my ThrallxJaina ship didn't get sunk... Oh well xD

MOVING ON.

I started out on Warcraft 2 :P That game, to this day, is hard as balls. Maybe I'm just incompetent at RTS in general, but I always get murdered by the computer.

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:29 AM
I've never met an RTS where i can't beat the AI on the hardest difficulty!

Even when they totally cheat.

"Fog of War? Psshh, I'm an AI. I know where every one of your units are. They're in stealth? Don't care, I know where they are."

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:31 AM
you two can join it too. and jaco, wouldn't that void the warranty of your laptop?

Jacogos
09-15-2012, 12:33 AM
and jaco, wouldn't that void the warranty of your laptop?

As long as I keep the unit upright, I'll be fine. XD

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:34 AM
You know my feelings toward Ponies.

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Name: 'Splodey Mane
Breed: Pegasus
Appearance: 'Splodey got his name from the flamboyant appearance of his mane, which is a bright explosion of colors. Going first from a bright cyan to purple to canary yellow and finally to bright orange, it's a trademark that the Pegasus takes very good care of. Almost as if to compound the craziness of his mane, his tail and wings are both separate colors, as well. His tail, going from pink to lavender to cherry red and finally to white, is actually rather spiky, a direct contrast to the extreme poofiness of his mane. 'Splodey's wings, being rather long, well-kept things, start from the top being black to cyan to neon green to pink to orange to grey. All in all, he has a very...Distinct look, which he likes to refer to as 'His symbol of party.' His Cutie Mark is that of a Disco Ball.
Bio: 'Splodey was a Philly from Cloudsdale. However, his crazy shenanigans oftentimes involved actually leaving the premises, and so one day, not having learned of downdrafts, he was suddenly and violently thrown to the normal Pony-world. Down there, he found that life was a lot more fun then it was back up at Cloudsdale, with its' rigorous training and discipline, and so decided to stay and have fun with what he lovingly refered to as 'the peeps on the ground.' However, he oftentimes found himself bouncing from town to town, as he was known as a troublemaker, and didn't really have a home of his own. That was, until he found Sam. Sam didn't really do much for taking him in, but something in the Alicorn struck a note in 'Splodey, and he decided to settle down a little, and try and convince that one Unicorn, Mystery, to help him in his crazy Hijinks.
Misc: He...Tends to do a lot of very odd things. Some people think he's completely bonkers.
There, is that good?

Jacogos
09-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I'll never understand how someone who comes up with a character like Dezeroth can be a Brony at the same time. xD

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Dezeroth's really just an embodiment of what my intelligence would be like if it were used for evil.

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:39 AM
YES! CUT! PRINT!

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I'll never get it either Jac.

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:41 AM
but you don't HAVE to be a pony. You could Be a Blade. Or an Akaviri soldier. Or a Bosmer Archer. Or a night elf paladin. you don't have to play a pony.

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:41 AM
I like Ponies, though. And I couldn't really live up to the spirit of Pinkie Pie if he weren't at least the same basic shape.

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:43 AM
I'd have to deal with ponies though, that's where the issue comes in.

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:44 AM
You COULD play the role of Dezeroth FOR me.

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:45 AM
that was not directed at you edd. it was to these non-believers. would it help if you knew my chara was not TECHNICALLY a pony? And what note did Sam strike in 'Splodey? XD Oh, and did you read the 1x1?

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Pretty much nothing could get me interested in it.

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:46 AM
The very end of it.
The note that said 'Woah, an Alicorn.'

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:47 AM
ah. and the fact that he also has his human form?

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Eh, he just thinks Humans smell funny.
It's mostly the Alicorn thing.

Tolvo
09-15-2012, 12:50 AM
So Jac, what was your favorite faction to play as in warcraft?

Cfavano
09-15-2012, 12:50 AM
ah. where was he during the battle of Canterlot? still in cloudsdale?

Jacogos
09-15-2012, 12:51 AM
So Jac, what was your favorite faction to play as in warcraft?

Faction? As in Horde or Alliance? Bah. As much as I hate generalizing the races like that, I'm Horde all day every day.

Eddren
09-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Eyup.