Archeos >>> Aeregos

Post Limit: None - - - - - - Time Limit: Determined by IC events
Maximum time in between posts: 48 hours

http://i46.tinypic.com/2yuge9u.png

Assault Force (4):
Archeos
NPCs (3):
Audrion Fairblade (Paladin)
A powerful and very durable paladin. Audrion is known to be stalwart and not an easy on to fall in battle. He is a hardened man, but stubborn due to his experience. He wields a mighty towershield and spear, having a sword sheated from his buckle.
Geran Orana (Swordsman)
A knight known for his merciless combat and expertise with two-handed blades. Geran's strikes are said to be able to shatter stone, but those rumors are exxagerated. Nonetheless, he is a very offensive and powerful soldier.
Nataya Trulin (Crossbow)
A crackshot crossbow wielder skilled at operating in narrow caverns and canyons, aswell as other areas with impaired movement. She excels at rapid, close range shots, avoiding actual melee combat at all costs.

Players (1):
Zhao Zilong (Cfavano) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1024147&viewfull=1#post1024147)

IMPORTANT
The attacking party must complete their objective before the caravan has completed its trek through the pass. The route it has passed is indicated by black arrows. The more arrows are turned black, the closer the caravan is to the exit.

Defending Force:
Aeregos
NPCs (11):
Stormwarrior Caravan Guards (x10)
These stormwarriors are more heavily armored than their usual counterparts. They are trained for sustaining suppresive fire and beating down ambushes. They wield metal spears, using them as conductors for their lightning fueled powers. These men are relentless, are will not back down without a fight.
General Rai-Gonsura, the Cliff Breaker
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/righteous0warrior/StoneWarrior.jpg
The one man Aeregos would never want to betray them. Rai-Gonsura has made an infamous name for himself through his brutal fighting style, being able to take on expert swordsmen bare-handed. Not only has he an incredible strength, speed and stamina, but his most powerful asset is the fact that he is an earth elementalist. He has trained his body to sustain his faction's one greatest weapon ever since the first betrayals within Aeregos appeared. Ever since then, he has been the one to bring all who deserted Aeregos to justice, and he will do so again.

GM:
E1Alpha

Posting Order
Cfavano
|
E1Alpha (GM)

Introduction:

Although it was with some regret to be aiding one as vile as a traitor to its own people, the Chosen One had kept his promise. And it was fortunate for Zhao Zilong that he had.
Julia Neran, Zilong’s young apprentice and his greatest fan, had been captured by a military force of Aeregosian’s fiercest warriors. They were expecting something to come their way, but they were sure that their route would keep them safe.

Surely, they had good reason they were safe. The men of Aeregos knew the cliffs of their home like no other, and many of these cliffs were used as travel routes simply because they were either in plain sight of the dragon riding patrols, or because their general landscape did not allow for successful ambushes. While this was true for most canyons, there were a few blind spots.
One of these blind spots, was Wyrmsoul Pass, a grassy, canyon pass at the Highperk Shores, near the borders of Archeos. Even though dragon rider patrols were frequent in this region, it had itself lost out of sight easily.
For that reason, a heavily fortified outpost had been built at the end of the pass, which would allow any caravans to continue their journey through an underground cavern. This cavern was the ultimate safezone, as it led straight into the heart of Aeregos’ main province. Any caravans going this way would have to be assaulted in Wyrmsoul Pass should anyone wish to do so, or that chance would be lost.

Battle Start

The caravan seemed almost more like a military parade. Its honor guard were marching alongside a large cart, upon which stood a square, draped object: A cage, hidden under a curtain. Inside it, lay Julia Neran, unconscious and oblivious to the cruel fate that laid ahead of her. The caravan was accompanied by three men on each side, plus two men in the back. Riding on horseback, pulling the caravan, were two more soldiers. And finally: A large, burly, scarcely dressed man. A powerful general who had earned his place amongst the council of Aeregos. All warriors in Aeregos knew him. He was the one who countered Aeregos’ main power. He had no fear of wind nor thunder. He was Rai-Gonsura, the Cliff Breaker, and he had sworn to break the spine of the traitor himself, which is why he gladly proposed this mission. He stood proudly on top of the draped cage, knowing he had battered the girl into submission himself.

Zhao Zilong’s party was forced to use the only passage into the canyon, being the one leading down from the south, from the safety of Archeos. As they made their way to through the passage, the caravan was about to enter Wyrmsoul Pass. There wasn’t much time, and that was not an unknown fact.

Cfavano
09-20-2012, 01:57 AM
They finally get to the small cliff overlooking the path that the Caravan will take. Zilong places his full pack down gently, and begins filling satchels with the devices he took extra care to carry. These are of his own invention, and resemble very small sealed clay pots, with wires sticking out of them. Inside them, is a small powder charge, and a triggering device that uses a chemical reaction to ignite the powder. The resulting explosion is small, but anyone stepping on it would either be dead, or wish they were. He hands the filled satchels, each containing 10 devices, to his three compatriots, and takes a fourth for himself.

They then, according to the plan discussed earlier, dig a small hole, prim the devices, place them in the holes, cover them with soul and move on. This whole process takes 6 seconds. Within a few minutes, a wide area is mined, and they go to cover and wait for the caravan to arrive. Zilong, as he hides, focuses his energy to call on the power of the storm, and he feels the atmosphere change. He knows he must succeed. Julia is an innocent who never harmed another living creature, and would not deserve the cruel fate that she would earn because of him. He remembers when he found her, the inquisitive little girl she was, and is proud of her accomplishments. She, to him, is like the daughter he never had, and he owes it to her to save her.

E1Alpha
09-20-2012, 08:27 PM
The caravan merely continued on its journey as planned, approaching the mine field while completely oblivious to its presence. The men were already on edge because of the dangerous pass, but Rai-Gonsuro was still standing atop the cage as proud as ever. He didn't seem scared at all. On the contrary.

Then, it happened before anyone could react. Two of the soldiers walked further ahead of the caravan to check the cliffs and crooks already, before large explosions blew them sky-high. The horses pulling the caravan were startled, as their drivers tried desperately to control them. The two men had vanished in the explosion, obviously not much left of them, but the caravan was also pulled to a halt.
Rai-Gonsuro snarled, leaping off of the cage and onto the ground. "Come out, you rats!" He called out into the dust that was settling after the explosion, before he gestured over to two more men to head onwards, cautiously.

The men followed their orders and entered into the dusk could, keeping their eyes peeled for any movement, yet keeping themselves ready for any mines might have not yet gone off.

All other men remained back at the caravan, together with their leader.

Cfavano
09-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Zilong focuses on the power of ice, and dark, thick clouds fill the sky, and a blizzard forms, the show blowing all along the valley. It is not thick on the ground, only an inch or two, but it is thick enough in the air to reduce clear visibility to five feet feet. That is, at least, for the Aeregosian troops. While Zilong and his forces do have reduced visibility, for them, they can see twenty feet away, as his magical storms affect the enemy more than his allies. Nataya, prone, takes aim with her crossbow, and fires two, quick, but aimed shots, aiming for the Heart's of the horses pulling the carriage, and, using the cover of the storm, Zilong and Geran creep around the caravan, out of sight, and go towards its rear, Zilong tosses a knife to Geran, who catches it. Zilong also takes one out for himself, and they attempt grab the two guards while also pulling them away from the caravan, with their hands over their mouths, and stab the knives down through the neck. The purpose being to sever the aorta, which would kill them silently and almost instantly, and without a mess.

Audrian waits for the signal, that is, a commotion, if there is even one before he enters combat. For that would mean that they need to go in loud and hard, and hopefully that can be avoided

E1Alpha
09-22-2012, 05:20 PM
As the snow storm set in, the Aeregosian troops seemed to panic, blinking around them as their sight was visibly limited. Desperately, they turned to their commander, Rai-Gonsuro, who jumped down from the cage next to the men.
"What do we now, sir?!"
Rai-Gonsuro grinned, ignoring the man, as he called out into the blizzard. "I know you are there, traitor! I was well informed of your powers! Come face me if you wish to redeem some of your honor!"

His words weren't even cold yet, when two quick shots caused the horses pulling the caravan to cry out in pain, before dropping dead, their riders jumping off and arming themselves.

The two men in the back didn't even know what hit them, but as they were ambushed, both of them did what they were thought. In their very last second before the blade would slice through their neck, they unleashed an electrical discharge along their entire body. While it was yet to be seen how this would affect Zilong, Geran was not electricity proof, as the discharge went straight through his entire being.

Cfavano
09-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Because of his lightning-resistant armor, he was unaffected by the lightning, except for a slight tingle, but Geran was brought to his knee, and held back a scream, letting out a low grunt.

Nataya follows the two Soldiers that split off from the group, and stays 10 feet behind them, out of their visual range. She holds a bolt in her mouth as she takes her loaded crossbow, and fires at the base of the back of one of the soldier's necks, where the armor is weakest. She quickly reloads, as quick, but precise shooting at close range is her strong point, and fires a second shot into the same location on the other soldier's head. She moves away, avoiding the mines, of course, before she gets caught.

After Geran recovers from the shock, he and Zilong draw their real weapons, and take their positions on either side of the caravan. Zilong, with his soft boots, creeps up behind the unarmored Rai, and aims a swipe with his fan's razor-sharp edge at the underside of his right arm, attempting slice open the larger man's brachial artery, which, normally, would cause a person to bleed out in 60 seconds. Geran, on the other hand, creeps up to the other side of the caravan, and, his muscles rippling and stance set, attempts a two-handed horizontal swipe at neck level, seeking to decapitate the guards on his side.

E1Alpha
09-24-2012, 04:57 AM
The two riders were shot before they even realized what was going on, although their bodies thudding down onto the soil alerted the others.

On one side of the caravan, Geran was able to take one of the guards by surprise, but this had given away his position, as the two remaining guards turned to him, lightning surging through their armor as one sought cleave diagonally from the upper right into the man, the other soldier standing behind him just in case. "You're not going to get away, cur!"

Even though Zilong was carefully threading upon the soil, Rai-Gonsuro could feel his steps through the earth, but he didn't move at all, until Zilong was right behind him. Just as the man was going to strike, Rai-Gonsuro turned around rapidly, trying to catch the man off-guard and deliver a powerful punch to his assailant's chest, hopefully interrupting the attack and sending the man skidding back. The two warriors that were with him blinked in surprise, before taking up their arms.
Rai-Gonsuro had a fiendish smirk on his face, before he bursted into laughter. "Hah! This is what you get for being a spineless coward! Look a man in the eyes if you're about to kill him, you treacherous rat!"

Cfavano
09-24-2012, 05:17 AM
As the punch made contact with Zilong's chest, he was quick to activate his boots, and leap back. The punch still did hit, however, and he felt the wind be knocked out of him, and his chest would be sore for a while, and there would be a large, ugly bruise. "I do look at men when they die. But, tell me, what kind of man abducts an innocent child? Was it simply to get back at me? Tell me, where is the honor in that? In the past, I thought you had honor. You call me a rat, but, why resort to doing this? What honestly would it accomplish? These cliffs are crawling with Archeosian scouts. I would rather not kill a great warrior like yourself over a reason like this. Do you think you will gain glory for the torture and kidnapping of a child? What will your own children think of you? That their father is a thief and a bully? If that is what you want, then by all means, come at me. I will fight you." Zilong takes a few steps back

As the one guard slashed at Geran, Audrion leaps from cover and thrusts his spear at the back of the other guard, before retracting it after the wound would have been made. Geran steps back and parries the spear with his two-hander, using the greater weight of his weapon to knock it away, before getting past the spear's range with a few steps (where the spear would normally thrust from), and, taking hold of the secondary hand-guard past the crosspiece, he half-sword thrusts at the guard's collarbone.

Nataya moves around to the side with Rai, and, keeping out of their sight, she fires a bolt at each of those guards, before moving back near to where she can only barely see Rai and Zilong, but, she has her x-bow loaded, and ready to fire, just in case.

E1Alpha
09-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Through excessive use of the cover provided by the storm, the remaining guards are easily finished off, leaving Rai-Gonsuro to fight off the four on his own. This seemed the very last of his worries.

He listened to Zilong's words, before letting out a chuckle.
"If you know me that well, you know that I have no children, nor do I have any interest in what people think of me. I care about only one thing: to fight. Oh, and with the hatred that the Aeregosian council has for traitors like you is the perfect excuse for me to go all out. I honestly do not care about the girl. As you said, she was merely the bait. I've seen you in action before, Zilong, and I knew you would come for her. Why do you think I let the caravan come through this pass? This was the best place for you to ambush me... As far as I am actually ambushed. Now how about we start making this a bit more one on one."

Rai had an evil grin on his face, before he stomped his right foot down on the soil hard. The earth could be felt moving beneath their feet, until suddenly, the earth beneath Nataya's feet litteraly rose up and launched her skyward, sending her tumbling through the sky. Rai was aware of her presence, yet had not taken his eyes off of Zilong.

Cfavano
09-27-2012, 08:34 AM
"In a way, that is a good thing then. The less of you in this world, the better. You know, it is because of people like you that I left. Not only is the Empress a self-serving hypocrite, there are brutes like you who don't even attempt to be wise or use intelligence. And it is because of that." He raises his fan, and the snow turns to damaging hail. Now, all of the teammates are visible, but the pelting, rough hail must be painful to Rai, especially because he has no armor, or even very little clothes on. Geron and Audrion get into a delta formation around Rai, along with Zilong. "I offer you one chance, for the sake of old times. Leave, now. If you walk away, we will not pursue, and you can get out of here alive. But if you refuse mt offer, I will not show mercy."

As she is launched into the air, Nataya gets her shot off. Rai is not a small target, nor is he moving or very far away, so she has high hopes for a hit, but that is the least of her thoughts as she comes crashing down, landing on her back and hitting the back of her head on the ground. She sees stars and her back aches terribly. She struggles to get her bearings, as she tries to get up.

E1Alpha
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Rai-Gonsuro chuckled, the sudden hail hardly phasing him as the icey orbs came crashing down on him, bouncing off of his hardened skin.
He felt a sharp sting in his shoulder, as the crossbow bolt dug into his flesh, but ias a response to this, he merely grunted, his composure not changing in the slightest.
He slowly gazed around him, letting Zilong's question sink into his mind, catching sight of the traitor's allies, before Rai-Gonsuro let out a mocking scoff, setting his eyes upon Zilong.

"You've got guts, I'll give you that, but to think I'd disgrace my own honor in running away from a fight I've been craving for. Oh you're so very wrong. I have heard stories of your power. The powers of the Sleeping Dragon. The way you killed poor Kaburi. Hah." He opened a hand and caught some hail in it, looking at it. "But this... I was hoping from more than a bit of winter weather." He closed his fist again and crushed the ice, letting it drop onto the now freezing soil, gazing at the man again.
"You know as well as any man that I shall not retreat from a fight. You can have the girl for all I care. But you. You're mine, Zhao Zilong."

With that, the man slowly took on something similar to a karate stance, smirking at Zilong.
"None of Aeregos' enemies I have fought have been able to last against me for even half a minute. Let us hope a traitor like you can do better. C'mon! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPE1yBJ0iU8)"
Rai then instantly followed up with a powerful punch into the earth, sending powerful tremors coursing through the earth around him. Although these were not damaging, they were incredibly fierce and could easily topple over a man. Right after this, the man charged forward towards Zilong, seeking to smash a fist into the man's chest and send him flying backwards.

Cfavano
09-28-2012, 04:26 PM
"as you wi-" The shockwave makes Zilong and his allies fall down. Thanks to the lightness of his armor, he is able to get up quickly, but his heavier-armored chums have to struggle for a few seconds. As Rai's fist makes contact, he once again jumps back, but the pain from the previous blow makes it worse, and he feels something break inside, which makes him stagger. As soon as he regained his bearings, Zilong swings his fan, and points it at Rai, as a high-pressure jet of water is fires at Rai's chest.

Nataya regains her senses and gets up. She takes a moment to clear her head and view the scene. Acting quickly, she loads another bolt and fires it at the back of Rai's left calf.

When they get up, the two armored warriors remove the cover from the cage, and Geran swings a powerful blow downward on to the lock, attempting to smash it while the paladin in their group keeps his guard up in case Rai tries to stop them.

E1Alpha
09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Rai-Gonsuro would not allow for any moment of pause, and as soon as he sent Zilong staggering backwards, he immediatly came in again to interrupt his potential attack with a furious uppercut. If the attack had landed, he would have instantly jumped up after Zilong to pound him in mid-air, but a sudden sharp pain in his leg interrupted him, glancing down to spot a crossbow bolt sticking in it. Snarling, he turned to the girl and brought his fist crashing down onto the earth, sending the same tremors running through the ground once again, hoping to bring the girl off-balance, right before he'd charge towards her and try to smash his almost stonehard fist into her skull.

He was however not paying any attention to the two men, as they removed the covers from the cage and revealed the bruised and unconscious girl. It was pretty obvious to see Rai had used force and brute strength to get Julia to cooperate. She was in bad shape and could definatly use a healer to tend to her.

Cfavano
10-01-2012, 03:27 AM
As Rai-uppercuts him, he once again backsteps, but Rai's large fist clips him in the mouth, bloodying his lip and sending him onto his heels. As he runs toward Nataya, however, he recovers enough to fire an aimed lightning ball, and has it shoot towards the metal bolt sticking out of his shoulder, which goes through his rocky skin.

Geran picks Julia up, and begins carrying her away, getting her to a safe place as Audrion intercepts Rai, planting his shield in the ground to catch his fist. He then responds with a light-infused thrust with his spear right underneath Rai's ribcage.

Nataya, seeing herself in danger, strafes a safe distance away from Rai, firing a fast barrage of well-aimed bolts, as is her forte. She aims for the spaces between ribs, and joints, making sure to keep moving, so as to stay away from the moving hulk.

E1Alpha
10-01-2012, 11:14 AM
As Rai's powerful fist connects with Audrion's shield, the paladin behind it is sent stumbling back from the sheer force of the impact, but he still manages to get off his spear thrust, letting the consecrated weapon collide onto the earthen warrior's skin. The spear jabbed itself lower than originally intended, piercing into the man's guts.
Grunting, Rai-Gonsuro steps back, before he felt a surge of voltage through his body, the metal crossbow bolt conducting electricity into his core. Although it did not seem to damage the man all that much, it was obvious his muscles were locking into place, giving Nataya free shots, having her bolts dig into the man's shoulders, arms, legs and chest.

The paralysis lasted only temporarily however, but instead of going on the offensive, Rai-Gonsuro brought his fists crashing down into the earth beneath, once more sending out series of tremors around him, aswell as launching himself skyward, crashing on top of a cliff overlooking the pass.
With the paralysis mostly worn off now, Rai was visibly exhausted as he glared down into the pass.

"You win today, Sleeping Dragon! I have assessed your strength, and you are a worthy foe. We shall fight again! I promise!"
With that, Rai-Gonsuro rushed out of sight, leaving Zilong and his comrades to well in victory, as their goal was accomplished.

Cfavano
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
The invaders get up from the ground, the tremors having knocked them over. Nataya has to help audrion because he was stuck in a rut when he fell, literally. His shield was dented, showing the force of the Man's punch. Zilong looks up at where Rai had escaped through, and he leads his men back to where Geran had been tending to Julia. Nataya comments on Julia's injuries. "He really did a number on her. She's so small and fragile. That Rai-Gonsuro is the most cowardly man I have ever seen." "Yes, a Coward, and a Brute. But he is powerful, and blindly devoted. As as such, he presents a great threat to archeos, and needs to be watched." He nods. "Lets get Julia back to the healers. She needs treatment." They pack up and begin to go. "What about the Mines?" Geran says. "We will warn archeos, but leave them here, just in case aeregosian troops walk on them."

E1Alpha
10-03-2012, 07:39 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/mltvs3.png