PDA

View Full Version : [PG-13] Calrahdas - City of the Kalahir IC

DarkStarlet
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
All is dark and silent in the city of Calrahdas, the curfew is in effect, and all windows and doors are bolted.
In the outer circle, a shadow stirs from a long wait. A human form... a woman. This is Shyia Cole, and she is a Kalahir, one of the few experiments to have escaped from the Genisis Corporation. And she's out for revenge.
The orange street lights cast eerie shadows that she slips through with ease, she is searching for someone, someone new to rescue. Someone who's just escaped.
From her intel, there is at least one Kalahir on this street, hiding from the hourly Genisis patrols. One has just passed, and now's the time to make a move.

__________________________________________________ ______

In the middle circle, a patrol is taking a child to 'visit' the labs... his mother was murdered before him, she didn't want to give him up and had been hiding in the sewers for nearly a month.
The boy is only four years old...
The back of the truck is opened and he is pushed into a small cage, like one you might keep a dog in at the vets. He's crying, begging for his life, and the patrol just slams the door on his face.
They sit in the van for a few minutes, having a smoke, two in the front seats, and one in the back with the child...
Who will save him now?

Taken by - Keto

In the inner circle, the white coats are frantic, another experiment has escaped. They're going to be in so much trouble!
The cage door is mangled open, and there's a hole in the wall. They know that the experiment is still in the inner circle somewhere, and they are sending out patrols to look for it.
Behind a large dumpster, filled with cardboard for recycling, a shadow moves.
How will you escape?

Taken by - Grand Cleric

The tunnels are quiet tonight, Shyia is out hunting and the lights in the base are dim. The fridge isn't working so all the food is on the long white table, waiting to be eaten.
The bunk-room is quiet too, and all the beds are made, there's only one table lamp on, providing minimal light for the room.
The door into the mine isn't locked, but Shyia never leaves it open for anyone to see, to have Genisis find the base would be a disaster!

These are the missions at hand. Please choose an area to begin. You may only have one each. Shyia is in the outer circle, but one other may join her there (an escapee preferably!). Please post which section you would like to start in in the OOC, and check that you are not posting in the same section as someone else. Once you have done that, you may post here.
Remember to follow the rules or you'll be kicked out.

Enjoy! <3

Keto
09-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Tai slumps down on the roof near the truck. He had noticed the Genesis patrol lurking around, and decided to run recon to see what the heck they were up to now. He had lost them for a second, but then was able to catch up to them where he is now, after noticing them throw a child in the back... "They treat us like fucking animals..." He grunted under his breath.

He noticed the patrol stop, boasting in their small catch as they took a smoke break inside the truck. "... This was one hell of a night to pick a smoke break... Lets see just how much you like burning your lungs..." He gave a wiked smile, as he jumped from the roof, grabbing a ledge, stopping his fall. He climbed down until he was able to jump into a trash bin in the alley... Im deffinantly going to need a shower after this... He grunted, getting out of the trash bin and onto the street. ... No guards... Lets get this show moving... He quickly ran to the alley corner, then slid behind the truck. He waited for a second, to hear if any of the guards had seen him...

He only heard their mumbly talk, and deep smoke filled breath's. It irritated him really... He took a deep breath, slowly moving until he was right besides the driver's door. ...Lets get this party started.... He shut his eyes for a second consentrating on the embers emitted by the cigarettes'. With one soft breath, the driver's cigarette flurished in flames, making him drop it on his lap.

"What the fuck was that!" He screamed, as the door open, and his question was answered by Tai grabbing his neck and pulling him outside the truck, slamming his face into the concrete, switfly opening one of the many lighter's he carried, making a small flame, he grabbed it in his hand and forced it down the patrol man's throat, then shut his mouth, burning him from the inside. "Feels, good dont it?!" He let go, just as soon as he had closed his mouth, the man didnt move again...

The other patrol man had fumbled out of his seat, and grabbed his side arm, while the third patrol man stayed inside, his own gun pointing at the kid, who was now crying. "Shut the hell up!" He yelled, the child only giving him terriefied sobs and tears in return. The patrol man in the passanger seat had come around and was pointing his side arm at Tai, who was bent over the corpse of the other patrol man. "Stand down! I will shoot! Take off your bag and throw it to the side!!" The patrol man ment business, and he was only 5 feet from Tai, a shot would certainly be his end.

Tai simply smiled, pulling his bag off one shoulder and out the other, kicking it to his left side, away from the truck. The man moved closer, tackling him to the ground... "Wrong move!" Tai quickly kneed the man in the stomach, and headbutted him, sending him aching in pain to his side, he swiftly moved ontop of him, smashing his fist into his face, knocking him out cold. He took his weapon and grabbed his bag, putting the weapon inside. "Thank you for your contribution..." He laughed a bit... Now there was only one guard...

Yet without Tai knowing, the other patrol man had already sent the message of an ambush upon the truck, and backup would be there any minute...

DarkStarlet
09-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Shyia slipped through the shadows, hoping her intel about the Kalahir wasn't incorrect. What if she was needed elsewhere? By the sounds of the stolen Genisis Patrol radio, there was an escape in progress and a patrol was under attack from an unknown Kalahir in the middle circle.
Looking carefully around, she paused in the tiny gap between two houses, and listened to the ear piece carefully. The patrol's registration number was said, and this enabled her to turn her radio into that of the patrol under attack. The reg number and the frequency were the same.
Hurridly whispering through it, knowing she could be traced through the contact, and anyone could be listening, she spoke through her radio in the hope of contacting the Kalahir who would soon come under fire.

"Hey! You there, attacking the patrol, listen up quickly. There's two more patrol's headed your way, get your stuff and get out now! You might not believe me, but I'm a friend, trust me. I gotta go before they trace me. Good luck!"

Shyia turned off the radio then and smashed it. She'd have to steal a new one now, and that would be tricky. She darted across the street and hid in the bushes of the small front garden, then prayed she wouldn't be found.

Grand Cleric
10-01-2012, 02:51 AM
By now the full moon was riding high in the flawless night sky, not a cloud dared diminish this wondrous scene of cold beauty. The endless spray of twinkling stars seemed particularly radiant against the black abyss; they sparkled like brilliant diamonds and sapphire, dancing in the sky. The same could not be said for the city of Calrahdas, which had an altogether sinister ambiance with its dark brooding streets and towering walls. The city was deathly quiet as it always was after curfew; even the wild alley cats and rodent populations seemed to abandon the city when night fell. In the Inner circle however there was a commotion brewing.

A heavily armoured subject transport had come to a stiflingly halt less than ten minutes ago and now the area was swarming with heavily armoured Genesis troops, searching for an escaped prisoner. Even through his reinforced Dura steel helmet, Guard Captain Rex could feel that the air inside the transport was heavy and sluggish, particularly around the heavy metal cage. It was mangled and the transports doors had been ripped off their hinges. He had a coppery taste in the back of his throat, no doubt an effect of the intense magnetic field that lingered even after the subject had escaped.

“What the hell happened, why wasn’t he collared?” Rex barked at the two shivering men that had been driving the transport at the time of the escape. The guards collared the particularly dangerous subjects to prevent them from using their powers. The was a metal device that produced electric shocks every time the victim moved it kept the prisoners weak, making them easier to manage.

“B-But he was Sir, I collared him myself” one of the drivers piped up as Rex picked up a circular object that lay discarded on the floor of the truck. Removing his helmet, revealed a long scar cutting across the captains aged face. Rex paid little heed to the driver his cold, blue veteran eyes inspected the copper collar. It appeared as though the collar had been locked into place but it had not been charged.

“Well then do you care to explain to me, why the collar was no switched on?” Rex shouted causing the two men to practically jump out of their skin.
“I-I-I I promise sir it won’t h-h-happen again” the driver squeaked once more.
“your right it won’t” was all Rex said before he drew his gun and plunged a bullet into the unfortunate drivers head, leaving a bloody mess and a lifeless body in his wake. There was another bang inside the truck followed by a soft thud and only Rex stepped out of the transport.

An armoured, curvaceous figure took to his side the minute he left the truck, it was his lieutenant Amanda Wattson, she stood to attention ready to carry out his orders.
“Goddamn it all, this is a fire I’m going to have to piss on before I get burned” he growled before lighting up a cigarette. If word reached lord Dagon Matahews, that another subject escaped so close to the main facility, heads would roll.

“Orders captain” Wattson droned.
“I want a wide area sweep, all gates and sewer entrances are to covered, he can’t have gotten far and clean up this mess” he commanded, pointing to the bloody scene in the truck.
“Aye, Aye captain”

“And he is to be taken back alive, under no condition is Subject 0800B to be harmed he’s too valuable.” Rex issued his final command before getting back into his personal transport.

In a dark side street ally, a figure ran like the wind, splashing through dirty puddles and artfully dodging fallen over trash cans and other miscellaneous obstacles interrupting his path. His every sense was heightened as adrenaline pumped through his system. This was the first time in; well Alex didn’t even know how many years that was free. In genesis all the day rolled into months and months rolled into years. He was free now and he was not going back, he would rather die than end up in the facility again.

His hands were bound in metal handcuffs; he didn’t exactly have time to remove them during the escape. It all happened so quickly, when he realised the collar hadn’t been activated he just let loose tearing through the cage like a hot knife through butter, by the time drivers realised what had happened he was already long gone.

Darting around another ally corner he kept on running, no idea where his destination was or what he was going to do so he just kept moving. Underestimating a box full of wood, Alex got his foot caught and proceeded to trip, crashing to the ground. The noise caused several rats to flee the ally. Alex cursed; hoping this little accident wouldn’t attract unwanted attention. Using his arms he tried to push his way up but his arms gave way, his body was exhausted. Gathering what strength he could muster, the man managed to crawl behind a big metal dumpster, that was hope to a large black tom cat that hissed at the man as he approached, but soon the cat abandoned his home disappearing into the darkness.

‘I should be safe here for the moment at least’ he thought to himself as he swatted the long champagne locks out of his soft grey eyes. His whole body ached and protested at even the slightest movement.
“I heard something coming from this direction” a voice echoed from the darkness.
“Check it out, I’ll cover you" another voice called out, followed by to sets of footsteps slowly getting louder as the approached the ally, guns up ready to fire.

The handsome youth was now alert once more, his grey eyes desperately searched for a means of escape, but the darkness prevented him from seeing far. Suddenly the guards were at the entrance to the ally way and the light from their torches flooded the cul-de-sac.

Alex’s eyes were immediately drawn to a rusty, oxidized sewer cap. It was a long shot but it was his only chance. Gathering all remaining strength in him, he staunchly held in his breath as he prepared for death or freedom.

The large dumpster began to rattle and shake, starling the guards as the tepidly approached it. They were more concerned on what lay behind the dumpster than the heavy metal object itself, so they were taken completely and utterly by surprise when it came crashing towards them. One of the guards skilful ducked it, the other was not so fortunate; he got gored by the large dumpster.

Alex using his remaining might flung the metal cap high into the air, before diving into the darkness of the sewer.

Keto
10-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Tai had been making his way to the back of the patrol car. The night was still heavy and dark, some commotion was about as he began to hear some sirens... Well... Seems Im not the only one having a party... He smiled a bit before the patrol car's radio burst with a message... "Hey! You there, attacking the patrol, listen up quickly. There's two more patrol's headed your way, get your stuff and get out now! You might not believe me, but I'm a friend, trust me. I gotta go before they trace me. Good luck!" He stood stunned for a bit... Another Kalahir?... Or maybe it was a set up... He shook his head.

The inside rumbled more, and a the opening of a cage could be heard, then the crying of the boy. The patrol man inside yelled loudly, "Shut up you little brat, if he comes in here your fucking dead!" The man grabbed the child by his throat and held the gun to his temple. The kid could only sob, tears rapidly running down his face.

Tai wasnt sure what to do... He grabbed the gun he had put in his backpack, and readied himself... "Here goes everything..." He rapidly opens the door, then in a moment of instict the patrol man pulls the gun from the childs head and shoots at Tai, the bullet hissing past him... Yet Tai wanted him to shoot... In that mere second that the charge blew up inside the chamber, a spark appeared, and Tai had been waiting for it... The gun's barrel came flying off in a hot and loud BANG thus, why the bullet had missed Tai. The man had seared his hand, and clumsily pushed the kid onto Tai.

"Now... Fuck off." Tai aimed the gun and shot three times, twice to the mans chest, and once to his head. The back of the patrol car was stained with the blood of the dead man. Tai felt no simpathy for the dead men. No, he felt a form of accomplishment when he killed them. Gruesome and twisted thoughts for someone his age... But he payed no matter, he was here to save the boy, who now stood sobbing infront of him. Tai kneeled down, helping the child to his feet, and seeing him eye to eye.

"Hey little man... We need to get out of here... Im gunna need you to jump on my back, and hold on tight... Whatever you do, don't be loud." He gave the boy a reassuring smile, and the boy, through blurry and watery eyes, nodded climbing onto his back. His arms crossed tightly around Tai's neck. "Before we go..." Tai took one of his lighters, turned it on, and threw it under the patrol truck. "... Ill save you the trouble of rotting..." He turned his back on the truck and began sprinting, and with a sudden harsh breath, the truck, now a couple of hundred feet behind him, blew sky high, with a lound bang, and crash...

"That'll get their attention..." He managed to say, as he dodged in and out of alleys, and made his way to the outer circle... He had stopped at an intercection where a guard vehicle with heavily armored and armed men stood... "That must be the back up..." He sighed, then noticed a manhole a couple of feet in front of him, and made sure the kid was on tight. "Whatevever happens... Dont let go, Im going to get us out of here... By the way, were heading somewhere were it really stinks... Pull your shirt up over your nose, itll help a tiny bit..." He sighed, grabbing a bandana in his side pocket of his bag, and tied it tightly over his face. He felt the boy nod that he was ready.

Tai moved slowly, making sure not to alert the guards across the alley, on the street. He pulled the cover off, which took a lot of strenght. He grunted heavily, until he moved it, and slipped inside, the kid coughed a bit as the smell of the sewers hit their nosesat the same time. He grabbed the manhole cover and sealed it... Now, he was on his way out of the city... With a kid he barely even knew...

DarkStarlet
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
The explosion was loud enough and bright enough to be seen from most of the city, and Genisis was in chaos. The scientists were lined up infront of Dagon Matahews, Lord of Calrahdas, and awaited punishment.
The men and women were quivering with fear. This wasn't supposed to happen. They were never meant to have escapees.
Dagon entered the room and the tension grew evermore.
He wore a snappy tweed suit, his hair slicked back, and his beard neatly trimmed. He oozed confidence and great charisma, it was no wonder he was head of Genisis. That and he killed all the competition...
"What the hell just happened?" He asked in a cool calm voice as he poured himself a drink. "Didn't I tell you too make sure there were no escapees?"
"The shock collars do work my lord, this one wasn't properly fitted by one of the guards-"
"Don't pass the blame Mr Geston... you know what I think about that. Hmm? I'm going to tell you what happened tonight, and I'm going to be right."
Geston and the other scientists had been dreading this moment.
Sitting down at his destk, Dagon put his feet up on the table and pulled open a drawer. He pulled out a pistol and put it on the table, right infront of Mr Geston, head of the department.
Sipping his drink, as if without a care in the world, Dagon seemed to be thinking to himself.
"Mr Geston, pick up the gun and hold it to your forehead... then pull the trigger."
Geston shivered but picked it up and hesitated to press it to his temple.
"Don't worry Mr Geston, there's only one bullet in that gun, so once you've pulled the trigger once you can go back to your work. Pull it Mr Geston."
Geston held the barrel to his head and was visibly shaking. His colleges were shocked and scared, one woman was even crying a little.
Geston pulled the trigger... and his head blew off.
The scientists screamed and backed away, and Dagon stood to look over at the mess.
"The difference between you and I Geston, is that I don't take chances. The gun was fully loaded and you were incompetant. Miss Emily Procter? You are to take his place, do not fail me or a worst fate there will be for you and your whole team. Get out... Now!"
The team ran from the room, and the cleaning team entered, then began removing the body and riding the floor of the bloody marks.
Dagon stood at his window, overlooking all of the city and frowned.
He would find those Kalahir... and they would suffer for what they had done.
"Mr Rex?! Flood the sewers. Drown them!"

DarkStarlet
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Whoever had given Shyia her intel had been wrong, and she was beginning to think there was no one in this circle with her. After all that had happened tonight, it would be best to go back into hiding until things had calmed down at least. But she needed to find whoever'd been attacking that patrol.
She left the garden and used her power to lift the manhole cover with ease, before slipping down into the sewers. She made her way along the main drain towards the middle circle, using the metal walkways just above the dirty water. It might only be three foot deep, but there was no way she was walking through that muck!
She wandered for a few moments before spying a figure ahead.
Genisis didn't send patrols down here, so whoever it was had to be either homeless or on the run. Many families fled into the sewers to try and escape the patrols, but not many ever had the chance to escape.
Watching from the shadows, Shyia saw that the figure had a small child upon their back, and the scent of burning hung over them...
Moving slowly into the dim light so as not to frighten them, Shyia waited for them to notice her before speaking.

"Hello... please don't be frightened... I'm a friend."

Keto
10-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Tai had been running for a few minutes inside the sewers. He knew he was safe from the patrols down here, but the smell burned his lungs. God... Remind me to bring a gas mask next time... This crap stinks... He thought to himself, and then looked over his shoulder and the child. His face was contorted into a dissaproving form, probably from the smell, but he managed to still hang on tight.

He began to jog, getting a bit tired from both having to use his powers, and doing so much running. Heading further onto the Outer Circle, he saw a shape of a young woman standing about 30 feet infront of him. He quickly got out a lighter, and grabbed the flame onto his hand and made a ball of fire the size of a softball. He then heard her, "Hello... please don't be frightened... I'm a friend."... He thought for a second, not extinguishing his fire ball. The child had hid his face onto his back, scarred.

"How can I trust you? Who the hell are you?" He asked, an edge to his voice. He didnt want to spend more time than what was necessary down here...

DarkStarlet
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Shyia's eyes widened at the ball of fire in the boys hand. It illuminated his face, and she could see his features clearly. With her hands in clear view, she turned her body to show that she wasn't armed, and then looked at the lighter in the boys hand carefully. She used her power to take it from him, and make it dance in the light, sending tiny reflections about the tunnel.

"I'm like you... sort of, and I have a place to hide, if you want to come with me that is... I'm the one who spoke to you on the radio if that's any help?"

She edged forward a little and looked the pair over, aside from some dirt and a few grazes, they both seemed unharmed. The younger boy would not be able to stay with her, she'd have to send him to another family outside the walls. But the elder...? If he decided to work with her she could fight back against Genisis more effectively!

"My name is Shyia... and I was one of the first to escape. I'm fighting Genisis to free everyone from Dagon's rule and take revenge for the death of my family. I also have showers and warm soft towels back at base... and some food if you're hungry?"

She halted the dance of the lighter and pushed it back into the boy's hand, then smiled softly at him, to give reassurance, and yet somehow it almost seemed motherly...

La Volpe
10-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Gabe sat on his perch ontop of one of the few tall building in the city. He watched it all happen, well as best as he could late at night. The explosion got most of his attention though, so he wasn't alone in his fight... that was a great sign. "Well lets go see what we got going on down there." He said breaking a chunk of the stone building off with his power. The power forced on him by them. Floating down slowly, Gabe enjoyed the fresh night air, but he made himself focus, there was work ahead, and if he didn't pay attention, he would die and he would never bring down Dagon. Once the chunk of stone hit the ground, Gabe set off at a sprint, he needed to cover alot of ground, that way he wouldn't loose the cover of the night.

EloraGuinivere
10-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Somewhere in the middle circle, a deadly silence fell upon an alleyway where the body of a Genisis guard lay motionless, the perpetrator standing silently next to him as she watched the commotion in the city ever since the first explosion that night. "A war is beginning to unearth itself," Miya murmured to herself, crossing her arms and leaning against the wall of the building next to her. "A revolution of a lifetime is looking more and more possible..."

Miya walked over to the dead guard's body and grabbed her small knapsack that she kept what few personal belongings she had accumulated over the past few months in. She leaned down and gently brushed her fingers over his eyes, closing them. Despite his slit throat and bloodied clothes, she thought he looked rather peaceful. It was, indeed, a better fate than he would have received from Dagon Matahews. This man was lucky to have spotted Miya when he did, or he may have been a part of the mess that happened only blocks away instead of having such a swift passing.

Staying within the shadows, Miya finally made her way from the alley and to a nearby sewer hole. Only recently did she discover how much more efficient it was to travel by sewer than to stay hidden in the shadows, especially by day. After waiting to make sure she was still alone, she quickly lifted the sewer cover and slid inside, covering the hole back up after she landed on her feet. Enough had been done tonight to discourage the company; she smirked and thought about what the looks on the scientists' faces may have looked like when they found out about the events.

It was all just another day of survival, Miya thought as she took her sweet time taking the route back to her makeshift hideout in the outer circle. As the kalahir rise up to stand their ground against Genisis she knew it would soon be time to form allies...and maybe that time would be sooner than she thought.

Keto
10-03-2012, 03:21 AM
He nearly threw the fireball at the girl when his lighter came out of his hand, but he restrained himself, and desided to extinguish the flame. He remembered the voice that had boomed in the patrol truck, it did sound similar, aside from the static and hurried whisper. "Name's Tai. Im a roamer from outside the city... This little guy needs a place to stay... A patrol got his mother, and they were going to take him, until I interviened..." He stopped for a moment taking back his lighter.

"Considering I have nowhere to go... Ill trust you for now... But if you dare even think of double crossing me, Ill send you up in flames..." He gave her a sort of menacing yet approving look as he walked up to her. The boy had now calmed down, and his eyes laid on the girl, starring at her, seemingly asking if she should be trusted. Yet the kid had been through so much, that exhaustion was physically showing in the bags under his red eyes from crying. Now standing directly besides the girl Tai looked forward,

"Lead the way..."

DarkStarlet
10-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Shyia nodded and moved closer, she pointed to the smaller tunnel on Keto's left and then walked in front of him, to lead the way, and so that he could watch her. She was sure he didn't really trust him, and this was all she could think of to keep him happy so far.
The smaller tunnel was mostly dry, there having been very little rain recently, and so the smell of the sewer diminished and vanished. The woman stopped at a tiny hatch in the wall at head height, with metal rungs sticking out of the wall. She opened the hatch and crawled inside, standing up in a strange stone hollow, like some kind of cave.
She picked up a torch, hidden in a crack in the wall, and lit the way, showing a long drop into the earth, crisscrossed by stone bridges and mine tracks. Not that you could see very far, it was so very dark...
Another three tunnels branched off to the right of Shyia, and she took the middle path, walking for a few more minutes before stopping in front of a blank stone wall.

"We're here..." She whispered, half listening to something... a strange roaring sound was coming from back the way she'd just walked, back in the sewers...

Running back, the hatch had been ripped from its hinges and fast, black water tore past, lapping over the edge of the door. Some how the sewers had been flooded!

Shyia desperately hoped that no one had been caught in the frigid water, they would be drowned, or smashed to bits by the force of it. If there was anyone down there, she'd have to help them!

"Tai, take the torch and stay here. I've gotta check for people in the tunnels... the water's going down now... I'll be back for you. I promise. You can open the door by pressing the button hidden inside the bottommost crack in the right wall. You'll be in the kitchen, so help yourself... I'm sorry, but I have to do this."

And with that she was gone, having leapt right into the water herself.

Bia
10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Daini was jogging easily down the sewer tunnels. Her legs pumped steadily and took familiar turns on her way back to base. She was going over the small victory they had tonight. Her part in it all had been small, but she was fairly certain she was able to take the charge out of some of those grotesque collars they put on their prisoners. Heck, maybe one was even a Kalahir and got to escape.

She reflected on her night of hiding next to the Genesis garage, waiting for trucks to sleek past. Each time, she would reach out and suck any electricity she could find. So far she could only get raw charge like stuff in power boxes, and the collars, so she wasn't able to actually stop the vehicles. But it felt good to her that she was able to at least take away a little discomfort from the innocent kids they were mercilessly taking and abusing.

She was nearly there, just a few more tunnels to go. Suddenly, there was an intense roaring, like trains going past your face. She stopped and turned, but couldn't see anything. It was pitch dark in the tunnels. The roaring turned more into a rushing, and Daini realized what was going on. Ever since she received her powers, she had understood one crucial fact, water and electricity do not mix. She had been holding on to a handful of power in her arms, in case she came up on a soldier but, in a moment of desperation, and to prevent turning all of the water into a crackling death trap, she flung the energy at an old forgotten light fixture hanging from the ceiling. The raw power was too much for the light, and it burned an unnatural bright, illuminating the slimy walls around her and the wall of dark pounding straight toward her. The lightbulb shattered, plunging her again into blindness and she was overtaken. The inky dark surrounded her and she was barely aware of the freezing water as she was tossed and tumbled down the sewer tunnels. Thoughts raced through her head like darting gnats by a light fixture. I'm going to die like this...I need to just ride it out...don't fight it...Aunt Gena, I'll never see her again...even if I do survive how am I going to find my way out? These thoughts and more occurred to her while her air supply and energy were slowly drained in the churning black water.

DarkStarlet
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Shyia moved with the water, almost like a surfer, but she couldn't see anything, she felt with her powers as much as she could through the inky liquid, and couldn't find anyone.
The water was dropping, and she crashed into one of the walkways, knocking all the breath from her in a loud squeal of pain. She hung over the rail, limp and gasping for a few moments, wondering where she had ended up after that nightmare ride. She could see light... it was coming from one of the grates at the end of the sewers, and it was partially clogged up with muck and litter...
And a body...?
Shyia scrambled over the rail and splashed into the water, wincing and clutching her ribs. She turned over the pale figure and cried out at the face she saw.
Her poor Daini! She dragged her onto the walk way and checked her pulse... she was still alive, but not breathing. With great care and concentration, Shyia pushed as much water out of Daini's lungs with her mind as she possibly could, and then she started CPR.

"Come on Daini, please breath! Don't you dare go anywhere! Don't you dare!"

Shyia continued the CPR in the darkness... would Daini wake up...?

Keto
10-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Tai had followed the girl until she stopped, told him how she needed to help people that might have been caught in the flooding, and left.

"Well then... Better her than me I guess..." He shrugged, following her directions, he took the torch and pressed the button, the door heavily moving aside. He made the fire from the tourch larger, the light revealing more from the room. It wasnt anything fancy, but it was a noticeable enough kitchen. He didnt really think he should be around without the girl, so he got the boy to hop off his back, and they both sat down at the large kitchen table.

He looked at the boy, Tai took down his hoodie, so that the boy could better see his face. It was young, but a bit roughed. He had grown a stubble over time, and had yet to shave it off. He scratched it a little and gave a weak smile at the boy,

"So whats your name kid?..."

"James..." The boy answered, a bit of doubt still noticeable in his voice. He was a little shakey, but was much more calm now than earlier.

"Thats a nice name... My name is Tai." He gave another smile at the boy, before dimming the fire of the tourch back to its normal size. He didnt really know what to say to the boy, he wasnt exactly a people person, and was hoping the girl would come back. He wasnt one to go around in someones place, even if he was invited, he just didnt feel safe until someone walked him through...

Bia
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
The world spun around and around. Flashes of blue sky and green grass. Laughter filled the air and she stopped rolling. She lay on the ground for moment, waiting for the dizzy sensation to go away. "Daineee" a happy voice called and the young girl sprung up giggling and ran up the hill to where her aunt was waiting, a small picnic set out for them to enjoy together on a clear summer day. The girl picked up a strawberry and bit into it with gusto, instead of tart red strawberry there was a taste of disgusting black slime. The girl coughed and sputtered but it wouldn't go away. The liquid was consuming her, going down her throat and up her nose. She tried to scream but she couldn't even breath, she reached for her aunt and her sight went black...

Water spurted out of Daini's mouth and she choked and coughed it out. The sewage taste gave her nausea and she threw up a little on the concrete. When she had collected herself, she looked up. "Shyia!" She recognized, "You saved me?" Daini wiped her mouth with her sleeve and took a few deep breaths. "Thank you so much, you saved my life..." Daini contemplated giving her a hug, but she had just thrown up and didn't want to gross her out. Instead she asked the next obvious question, "Why did the tunnels flood? That's never happened before."

DarkStarlet
10-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Shyia wrapped Daini up in a hug, happy that she was alive, and uncaring of the muck. She cradled the girl and kisses the top of her head.

"Oh Daini! Thank god you're alive... I thought I'd lost you for a minute... I don't know why the tunnels flooded, but it might have something to do with Dagon. There were a few escapes tonight. I've got one Kalahir and a kid who narrowly escaped a 'Visit' back at base, so we'll need to head back there and take care of them..."

Shyia stood and pulled Daini up with her, supporting her small frame. She lifted the girl onto the upper walkway and took a last look around the dim space... and it was a good thing she did too.
Someone else had been washed up near the walkway. A thin body with pale white-blonde hair... a girl...? No, looking closer Shyia could see it was a boy. Hooking her hand underneath one of his arms, Shyia yoinked him out and dragged him up onto the walkway too.
He was still breathing, but he'd been half drowned and looked like he hadn't eaten in months he was so painfully thin.

"Daini? Do you know him? We'll take him to base and clean him up, ask him some questions..."

Standing slowly, Shyia picked up the boy's limp body and nodded her head towards Daini, silently asking her to take the lead home.

VillageIdiot
10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Underneath the clear night sky, Aaliyah could see almost everything on the rooftop of a building she found in the middle of the city, near the hospital. She hasn't been this close to the hospital since she was taken in for experimenting two years ago. But, she does sometime sneak through the city to see if her fellow Kalahir needed help with their rescues. They try not to enter the city too often, so as not to draw attention and blow their cover. But if there is a life in danger, sometimes protocol is overlooked. A sudden feeling of paranoia passes through her, making her look around, checking for danger. What the heck? Swiftly, she stands up, gripping her bow and grabbing an arrow. She walks around the rooftop and searches behind all of the crates near her. Hm. That was odd. She usually doesn’t get all jumpy unless she’s in the middle of a life or death situation. Well, I guess this could be considered life or death… You know, with a Kalahir roaming around the city and all… That makes her smile. If only they knew that a Kalahir watches their every move, their every breath.

Suddenly, a crash sounds behind her. As quick as she ever has, she pulls her bowstring back at the ready, turns around and aims for the persons head.
“Wait, wait, wait! I’m not a bad guy!” The man practically yells with his hands up.
She pauses, and in a swift whisper says, “What do you mean you’re ‘not a bad guy’?” Her eyes skim over him, noting how average he looks.
He watches her, still keeping his hands up so as not to startle her into shooting him. “I’m not a bad guy. Simple as that.”
She lifts the bow with a renewed sense of anger. “I don’t believe you.” Last time she heard one of them say ‘I’m not a bad guy’, she was sedated, used, and taken from her family.
He drops his hands. “Well, you should.” With a simple flick of his wrist, her bow flies out of her hands, towards him. “Because I’m one of you.”

EloraGuinivere
10-06-2012, 04:17 AM
After another corner was turned Miya stopped in her tracks and stared down. She thought she had heard a strange echoing noise earlier and she soon had a sneaking suspicion that her guess on what happened may not have been too far off. Creeping up a few more feet she went to the edge of the sewer pipe she was in and looked down. Indeed, the inky water level had risen since the last time she used this route earlier in the day.

Sighing, Miya grabbed hold of the railing and hoisted herself over and onto the ladder before turning around and climbing down. The freezing water came to about her knees when she finally landed on the ground and immediately goosebumps rose all over the surface of her arms and neck. She would have taken the time to adjust if she had not at that moment felt something brush up against her calf, making her gasp in a startled manner. Looking at her feet she saw a body float by her, blood trailing from behind from a wound where it looked like they may have been impaled. 'At least the death was more or less swift,' she thought to herself before grabbing the body and lifting it up so it was out of the water. Whether he was a kalahir or not was unknown to her, but either way leaving him in such a manner would have been improper.

Before whispering a silent "farewell," she continued splashing on in the mucky water, coughing once in awhile as the smell of the sewage got to her nose. She figured finding someone alive after something like this would be a long shot, considering both the fact that the water had been up to the sewer's second level and she had no idea how long ago it may have happened. Better them than her, at least, even as cruel and depressing as that sounded.

DarkStarlet
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Dagon sits in his office with the lights down low, his feet on the table and a cell phone in his hand... he's expecting a call from one of his agents.
A call that should have come in around an hour ago.
His agent was supposed to be tracking the Kalahir rebellion, and had given him Intel about the sewers being used as a roadway recently and then vanished. Dagon wasn't really worried, he had more who were willing to do whatever he asked... they were expendable.
He'd also just been reading the files on all the suspected members of the group, only three in total so far, but after everything that had happened recently, he expected more to join up soon.
If it was a war they wanted, it was a war they would get.
The leader of the group had been one of his favorite experiments, Shyia Cole. An interesting girl, and a fantastic power. If only she'd stuck around just a few more hours, and then he could have got what he wanted from her and she'd be out of the picture for good.
Every month or so, Dagon reviewed his files of the Kalahir in his possession. So many powers, so little time to collect them all, like some freakish card game.
There were those out there who developed the same powers, so he had the extras killed and the ones who remained, harvested.
He would be a God... He would rule supreme, and no one would ever question him again.
The phone rang shrilly, and Dagon answered in a flash, eager to hear news.

"I've found a broken hatch in the sewers. It leads into the old mines. Shall I investigate?"

"Do it. No killings, bring me them alive, I want those powers."

He hung up and smiled in the half light. Soon... soon he would harvest them all... and be God...

La Volpe
10-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Gabe halted his run well before he reached his mark. He had felt a vibration underground... The old sewers maybe? He had heard that others like him had been using them to get around the patrols, but why the vibrations? Gabe had to know, which was very out of character for him. He scanned around where he was standing, And smiled as his eyes landed on a man hole. "Open sesame!" Gabe yelled stomping his foot on the ground. The man hole cover suddenly launched to the side, it had been launched by a chunk of cement. The cement slid back, leaving the tunnel open for him to get down. At the bottom he quickly figured out what had caused the vibrations. They had flooded the tunnels. "Well that's a new trick" Gabe whispered as he started walking down the tunnels. He needed to see if there was anyone to help... or anyone to stop...

VillageIdiot
10-08-2012, 04:11 AM
-Aaliyah-

She crosses her arms. "So, who are you with? Obviously not the group of Kalahir I'm in."

He looks at her, smirking. "I'm on my own, love." Her blood started to boil when he used the pet name. He's not even British! Only British people use the word 'love' after almost every freaking sentence.

"Ohhh, riiight..." She huffs. "And how exactly do you survive?"

He looks thoughtful, momentarily remembering everything that has happened to him since the day of his "rebirth". Which wasn't that long ago. "Well, it hasn't even been a year for me, now. But in that time, I've had to learn practically everything there is to know about my power because I needed to stay alive. So, I'm practically an expert," he brags. He is way too confident for her liking. I guess, though, you would have to be if you were on your own, running the streets of a city owned by people who are out to kill you or use you.

"Well, that's great for you," she replies sarcastically. "What's your name, anyway?"

He smiles. "Johnathan. But you can call me John, Nate, Johnny, Joe--"

"Ok, ok. I get it," she cuts in. "Well," she pauses, "Johnathan, my name is Aaliyah."

He smiles at her, "What a beautiful name."

She blushes a deep red while he continues to smile at her, satisfied with her reaction. No one ever said that her name was beautiful before. They always thought that it was too long, or too weird. Never beautiful. "Thanks," she says, breaking the silence.

"So, where to now?"

She pauses. "What do you mean?"

He looks at her like she's grown a second head. "I'm going with you, of course."

DarkStarlet
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
In the dark sewer tunnels, a young man with short dark hair and vivid green eyes stood in the shadows of the corner of the junction leading to the broken hatch. Here he would wait for them to come back, win their trust and lead them to their doom at Dagon's office.
He was Kalahir too, so they would never suspect him, and that Shyia girl would try and save him.
Pathetic!
He could hear multiple sets of footprints coming from many directions. Two single walkers, and a small group who were closest, one walked a little heavily, as though carrying extra weight... and from the gloom, he spied his targets.
Shyia, her recruit Daini, and the new escapee Alex. Still hiding, he listened to their conversation, and even though they were speaking in whispers, he could hear every word. For that was his power, to have heightened hearing. Not particularly impressive thought his master Dagon, but very useful for being his spy.
The other sets of footprints were coming closer, by the sounds of things, all of them would meet at the same time... this could either be very bad, or a perfect opportunity to get himself integrated into the group.
Continuing to watch, the spy waited for the perfect time to strike.

Bia
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Daini groaned to her feet, her body suddenly exhausted from the near-death experience. Coughing out a bit more water and trying to clear her throat she was not paying attention when Shyia found the other body. When she looked up Shyia was already leaning over him and Daini stumbled over to get a better look at him. She studied his sad boyish features and and she didn't recognize any of it.

"No, I don't know him," She sighed, saddened that someone else had to fall victim to Dagon's evil attacks. She forced herself to stand up straight and walk normally as she led the way down the tunnels. It was pitch black and it took a minute for Daini to figure out where she was. The mini-flood had washed away almost all the dirt, muck and trash that had previously coated the sewer floor. In the dark it seemed almost clean but Daini knew better, if she was to lean over and wipe her fingers on the floor they would come up with a glop of stinky slime that was a constant on the tunnel walls.

Daini was thinking about this when she heard the other footsteps coming from ahead of her. She stopped in her tracks and used her arm to guide Shyia and the boy a few steps back in the dark so they wouldn't be seen at first. She wasn't sure if there would be a fight but she searched desperately for anything she could use as a weapon, there was nothing. No electric charged devices down here. Daini swallowed hard and hoped the people approaching were on their side.

La Volpe
10-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Gabe began to whistle quietly to himself, so far it seemed like he was alone, as he came around a bend though he stopped, he could feel the vibrations of other people walking, and they were close by. Gabe picked up his pace, if he hurried a little he could meet the, at the next four way. "Who ever you are.. see ya soon." He whispered quietly.

DarkStarlet
10-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Shyia paused, and gently placed the blonde boy upon the ground, signing that Daini should stay with him. She advanced slowly ahead, all senses alert.
Her foot brushed against a loose rock and it started to tumble, creating a loud clattering sound that echoed through the tunnels... she grabbed onto it with her power and it hovered in the air, just inches from another sound. She winced, and heard someone shuffle out of the shadows... it was a young man, tall with dark hair and green eyes, he held up his hands to show he was unarmed, and he smiled gently.

"I'm glad I've found someone here, I thought I was lost. Do yo-!"

He was slammed into the roof of the tunnel, and pinned there by Shyia.

"Who sent you?! Who?! Was it Dagon? It was wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about? I hate him, I came to find you Shyia! You're the reason I'm here..."

"So how do you know my name...? Only employees and Dagon himself hold that kind of information..."

The young man swore, and Shyia dragged him down the roof and to the wall in front of her.

"Start talking... or you will never leave this sewer!"

Keto
10-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Tai had been with the young boy until the kid had passed out from exhaustion. He wasnt good with kids, he didnt exactly know what to do with them, so he merely let the kid sleep. He sighed to himself, taking out a lighter, and seeping a small flame from it. He tossed it around in his hands, giving him comfort and relaxation... He was about to extinguish the flame, and explore more of the kitcheny area he was in, when he heard clattering comming from the tunnels...

"Hm... Is the girl back?" He asked to himself, raising from the seat, the fire still twerling around between his fingers. He went closer to where he had come in, dropping down with a soft thud.

"Shyia? Hello? Who's down here?" He asked, projecting his voice a bit, so that is was easy to hear down the echoing tunnels. He heard another thud comming from a bit down the tunnels, and he began moving in that direction. His tiny flame, now a fireball the size of a soft-ball.

EloraGuinivere
10-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Echos sounded in front of Miya and she jumped a little, startled as she realized that despite the flood she wasn't the only one down here still. She knew it had to be more Kalahir. She moved forward at a fast pace, staying close to the shadows and being as light on her feet as possible. She didn't want to startle them and have them attack her.

Voices started to become audible soon after, and soon she could see figures about 10 yards away from her. A boy laying on the ground and a woman next to him, and another woman whom Miya suspected was a Kalahir who could control objects when she saw her slam down from the roof a man that she got an odd vibe from. She closed her eyes and closely concentrated on the man that was now against the wall. Upon reading his thoughts, she smirked when she quickly found out the situation in front of her.

"She certainly found you out, didn't she?" Miya fed into the man's mind, stifling a snort when even from where she was she could see his eyes widen. She remained silent and in her spot in the darkness to witness the events unfold in front of her. When the time called for her to she would reveal herself, but for the time being the concealing shadows seemed like a comfortable place to watch.

DarkStarlet
10-15-2012, 08:15 PM
The young man suddenly looked terrified, and tried to wriggle out from Shyia's grasp. He looked around and searched for something to help him escape... and his eyes went wide, as though shocked.

"What are you doing?! Get out of my head!!!" he screamed.

Shyia frowned and quickly glanced around the tunnel... she couldn't see anyone, but that didn't mean that there wasn't someone there.

"I'm not doing anything to your head..." she told him quickly.

"I'll never tell you anything!" he screamed again. He used his tongue to pluck out a false tooth and he bit down on it before Shyia could stop him.

"No! Why would you do that? Why would you betray your own kind?!"

"Beware Kalahir who fight against the Lord! Your power will be his soon, and the new age of God will rise!!"

The man started to cough and choke, his lips foaming. Shyia released him from the wall and held him in her arms as he died painfully...

And then she started crying...

"Why...? How many more of us have to die to be free of him..."

She stood, staring down at the body of the man with no name... she lifted his body with her power and dropped him in the water splashing by. He sailed off into the darkness...

"Just one... only one more must die... Everyone back to base! We need to form a plan to kill Dagon Matahews!"

La Volpe
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Gabe rounded the corner just as the boy got slammed to the ground. "What the hell is going on here?" Gabe yelled running up between the too people. He didn't know what was going on down here... And honestly he didn't care. They were down here to escape, and all this fighting would just make it easier to find them. But before he knew it, the girl was holding the guys limp corpse... and she was crying...? "What is going on...." he whispered sitting down

EloraGuinivere
10-17-2012, 04:54 AM
After watching the lifeless body of the Genisis spy float past her, Miya took one step out of the shadows just as the leader of the group, who the spy's mind processed as someone named Shiya, ordered those who surrounded her to leave the area. One more seemed to have joined the group and was sitting on the ground.

"That man held some valuable information in that head of his," Miya said, now making her presence known to them. "Too bad he lacked the common sense to keep his mouth shut about specific details." She advanced out of the shadows, what little light there was illuminating her figure. "Well," she continued before any of them had a chance to speak. "Whoever he was, he knows about the tunnels and that there is a broken hatch somewhere down here...which means that Dagon has to know, too."

Miya knew what Dagon was capable of, and that whatever his insane mind was set on, he would try to find a way to make it work. It would take much more than one death to achieve his demise, but it was a risk that Miya would be willing to take to see him fall from his throne.

It seemed that she wouldn't be going home tonight.

DarkStarlet
10-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Looking up at the two newcomers Shyia stands and glares at them both. The girl speaks the truth, if Dagon knows about the hatch, he's bound to be sending others to sniff them out.

"You're right. But he will not suspect for a short time. So we have the time to move. Who are you? And why should I trust you given what's just happened here?"

She holds her hands out at them both, a deadly threat in her eyes. She dares them to attack, telling them with her entire being that she will stop them if they try anything.

EloraGuinivere
10-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Miya took a step back and put her hands up defensively. "I promise I am not as stupid as that other guy. I do not act as a chess piece for that maniac," she reassured. She shifted uncomfortably, suddenly feeling vulnerable as she looked from face to face. Never before had she been around so many Kalahir in one area, and it made her feel somewhat insignificant, considering all of their powers were physical and hers only effected the mind.

But they all had one thing in common, and that was that they hated Dagon Matahews. Even as she thought the name she could feel the fire come to her eyes as an intense hatred. "I believe I can be a valuable resource to you when it comes to certain matters," she said, pulling her right hand across her chest like a pledge of allegiance.

"I can be your own personal spy..."

La Volpe
10-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Gabe was confused... What the hell was going on? spies, and some how Dagon knew where they were? Some one really needed to explain this stuff to him, but none of that mattered right now. Gabe looked around the group, all of them were here running from the bastard that made them what they are. Looking at the girl who seemed to be the leader he could see she was bracing for either him, or the other new arrival to attack her. "You can calm down, I mean you know harm. My names Gabe and even if you don't believe me, I don't work for Genesis... and if your going to take Dagon down, i'm coming with you. I can help." Gabe said all emotion gone from his face.

Keto
10-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Tai had come upon the now group of Kalahir, and he noticed a dead body floating in the grotesque sewer waters. He payed no respect or attention to it, instead kept walking forward, his body illuminated by the ball of fire in his hand.

"... And who the hell are you people?" His voice was cold and detached, now that the kid was no longer in need of his protection, he had no reason to try and avoid violence. If any where to try and fight him, he would meet them with a good fight.

DarkStarlet
10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Shyia was unsure of what to do. These people were strangers here, but they hadn't given her reason to attack so far... and one of them was just a child really. Dagon didn't use children as spies... they were too... 'unrelyable'.

"I'll trust you both for now... but I reserve the right to revoke my hospitality and kill you if you prove to be on Dagon's payroll, alright? Come with me."

Shyia picked up the slim body of a blonde boy and led everyone through the hatch and to the base. I was a large room with a kitchen and long dining table with eight chairs. There were four other rooms off of here. A large washroom and bathroom, a girls dorm with six beds, a boys dorm with six beds, and Shyia's room, with one large double bed and the small armoury.
The walls were bare rock as was the floor, from the roof, paraffin lanterns were strung. There were mats and rugs on the floor to add a little comfort, but this was no place to call home.
The small boy, James, came out of Shyia's room, having awoken from his short nap. He seemed startled by the number of people, and ran to Tai, clinging to his legs.

"This is where I've lived for... five... six years now... this is the rebel base..."

EloraGuinivere
10-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Miya had held her breath as another man had appeared, looking ready to attack with fire coming from his hand. Another Kalahir. Shiya had said something before anything could happen and she let out the breath that she hadn't realized she had been holding in. The relief seemed to have been coming from the release of the increasingly intense situation, but it also could have been for the fact that the woman in front of her said that she would trust her.

Trust. When was the last time she had trusted anyone?

She looked around the rebel base when they got there and gave a half-smile. It certainly wasn't much at all, but it was better than moving from motel room to motel room like she had been doing, and certainly less dangerous...for now, at least. Her heart melted when she saw a small child run up to the man that had threatened them earlier. A child? A rescued Kalahir? And who was the platinum-haired boy? There were so many questions that ran through her mind, but she knew there would be time for answers later. For the time being, she felt as if she were forgetting her manners.

She turned to Shiya and lowered her head. "I thank you for your hospitality," she murmured. "I will find some way to repay you in the near future."

Keto
10-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Tai had extiguished his flame when Shiya had calmed the situation. He had sighed to himself. More people... He indeed wasnt the people type, but he guessed keeping his thoughts to himself would serve him better in his current situation, and so he did. By following the group back to the base where Shiya had first left him and the young boy he had rescued.

He flinched immediatly, taken by surprise by the boys sudden fear and affection. He raised his eyebrow as the boy clung to his leg... "You alright?"He said, kneeling down to see the boy's face. He seemed rather scared of the others...

"Don't worry bud... These are... um... Friends." He felt somewhat ironic saying those words... For he barely trusted any of them, yet he was hoping the boy would be more open to them, than he himself was being...

Yes... Let's just continue being the great example you've been all day... He sarcastically though to himself...

La Volpe
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Gabe looked around the base, all stone, perfect. A smile crept onto his face as he slid his hand over the wall, feeling the power and strength of them. "This place... it's amazing. It's so sturdy... so strong." He whispered as he walked along the wall, his hand never leaving the wall. Gabe stopped as the small boy ran to the fire manipulator. the boy was so young... just like he was when he was taken.... "What now? now that we're here what is are plan?" Gabe asked

DarkStarlet
10-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Shyia paused thinking carefully.

"How about some introductions for starters. I'm Shyia Cole, the kid is James, but I'll be shipping him to a new home soon, and hot-head over there is Tai. My girl is Daini and this blonde guy? Well we won't know till he wakes up."

She placed the boy on one of the dorm beds and pulled the door over slightly, to give him time to rest. Then she bustled about the kitchen, grabbing butter, jam and bread. She had made a large plateful of jam sandwiches in no time, and so she offered them out, cutting the crusts off for little James of course.

Keto
10-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Tai waved a hand at the group when Shyia mentioned his name, he didn't stop Shyia at all when she led James away from him. He sighed a bit even, feeling the relief of not having to watch over the child, he was no father material, and wouldnt want to accidentaly hurt the kid.

He sat on a stool, taking one of the sandwiches, and scuffing it down in no time. He had been living off of canned foods, mainly consisting of vegetables, and on rare occasions a beef stew or a simple canned soup. He stayed quiet, eyeing the group, measuring their strenghts and weaknesses from physical appearance and body language...

Interesting bunch to say the least...

EloraGuinivere
10-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Miya took a sandwich and bit into it. For the past few months she had practiced her stealth ability by sneaking into stores and markets and taking food of her choice, so this wasn't much of a delicacy for her. But all the while it still tasted good and she gladly ate it, ripping off the crust and adding it to the crust cut off for James.

"I'm Miya Kovacich," she said between bites. As Shiya had taken the blonde boy off she had tried to see if there was anything going on in his mind that would give her a hint as to who he was. There was nothing, as she had guessed, given he was out cold. She gazed at all the faces around her as she finished her sandwich, quickly looking down as soon as anyone's eyes met hers. Socializing was definitely not something on her to-do list for the evening.

La Volpe
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
"I'm Gabe Stone." Gabe said as he made a chair rise from the ground. "Now that we all know each other, what's the plan?" Gabe asked as he began to munch on the sandwich. He wasn't concerned with who these people are He Just wanted to know how they planned on taken Dagon down.

DarkStarlet
11-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Shyia sat at the table and looked around the room at the people gathered there. More people that she'd ever seen in such a long time. She half smiled and twiddled her thumbs for a moment.

"We need to strike Dagon where it hurts the most. The labs and the snatcher patrols. If he isn't getting any new kids to experiment on, and the ones he already has are vanishing... you can see where I'm going with this right? The snatchers are easy. We just have to keep a watch on the streets and take them out. But if we could get access to the intel Dagon uses to identify these kids that'll help even more. As for the labs. Getting out was fine for one or even two of us at a time. But a mass breakout will be hard to create. Any ideas on that front?"

La Volpe
11-04-2012, 07:00 PM
"If the lab rooms are stone... I can break in fairly easy now... my power is earth manipulation... so I could come in through the floor and make a escape tunnel?" Gabe suggested. He wanted to fight... to kill Dagons men, but if he could save more people like him, then he could put aside his own rage and battlelust and perform more of a supportive role. "I'd only be able too move a few at a time though... I can't hold a entire tunnel open... only small sections at a time, so i'd need some one to come with me to help defend the lab once we breached it." He continued, looking at Shyia with a confident gleam in his eyes.

DarkStarlet
11-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Shyia smiled and nods, it was certainly a good idea, only with one tiny flaw.

"Some of the labs are stone, the ones that are the farthest underground, but a lot of the upper levels are metal and such. I figured that we might need an inside man... or girl... Miya, sorry to volunteer you, but you'd be best suited to that role. Is there anything else you guys can think of?"

Keto
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Tai nodded at Shyia's comment. It would be useless...

"How bout... Something from the ancient era's?... Some call it blitzkrieg, but thats not the point. We have a main force of us, hit them from the front, and reatreat, keeping this up. Hitting from every angle we can. We cause a distraction even..." He paused, putting his thoughts in an organized matter in his head.

"From there, us who have the most ability in infiltration come from behind, infiltrating from the back of the compoud... Yes, I know this is easier said than done. But if somehow we manage to make it inside in one piece, we split up, half of us go for the Laboratories and try to create a mass breakout, while the other half goes and meets up with the main force that has been heading the frontal assault. We hit Dagon's men from behind, and then regroupd, continuing our assault forward..."

He thought to himself... It wasnt the safest plan, but he hoped the others would not doubt its chances.

"I know its risky... But Its my contribution."

EloraGuinivere
11-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Miya nodded silently, listening to everyone's input. "Any and all ideas are risky," she said, quietly and shakily at first as she tried to gain their attention. "But rebellions of any type are dangerous. There is no getting round that. What I like about Tai's idea is that we all have a certain ability that we can use to manipulate some aspect of Genisis. Taking out the snatchers would be an easy task for all of us. Shiya, you and Tai would be great at attacking from the outside when the time came.

"And I am most likely our best bet at sneaking around inside the labs," she added, acknowledging what was said earlier. "I can easily distract nearby scientists and can maneuver while remaining almost completely unseen. Gabe, you would be an asset in the labs further underground. How are you at stealth? I can cover for what you lack." Miya ended then and pursed her lips in fear that she was talking too much and lowered her head again to see what everyone thought of her quick contributions.

La Volpe
11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Stealth? the girl wanted him on a stealth mission? "I'm okay at sneaking, i'm a lot better and defending and fighting... but I'll do my best." Gabe said. He would do what ever was needed. And if it was sneaking around, then he would.

DarkStarlet
11-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Shyia smiled and paced the room slightly, as though worried or waiting for something. She checked her watch and glanced at a small calander on the rock wall.

"Things are sounding good, but it will take a little time to set up. You're all welcome to stay here with me, Daini and Mikael. He's another Kalahir, but he tends to go on more... dangerous missions. He should be back from one soon... I hope. I always worry that he'll get caught. It's happened before, not to Mikael, but still..."

La Volpe
11-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Looking at Shyia, Gabe couldn't help but wonder what this girl had seen... what she'd gone through... A small shudder coursed through his body at the possibilities. "Thank you for the hospitality Shyia." He said extending to shake her hand. He didn't even know this women, or any of these people, but he was willing to fight with them.

Keto
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Tai nodded sighing as he got up, and looked around the room once more. He didn't know how they managed to build a hide-out like this, but he had to admit, it was rather elaborate.

"Well if you need anyone to do some fiery stuff... Im your man." He said, with the pun completely intended. He was still onto the group, trusting few to none of them, and he doubted he ever would trully, but for now, he knew he needed to stick with them. Hed stand a much better chance staying alive running around for them, than just running around by himself.

EloraGuinivere
11-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Miya remained seated where she was and examined the faces of the people around her. Faces of courage, reinforced hope of the situation, faces of those determined to get through this...but she also noticed the tired, mistrusting twinge of some. And that she understood completely. She herself was a little weary, not only from the day's events, but of those around her. It would take a lot for her to get used to having all these people around. And that meant trusting and relying on them in order to survive.

"I promise that you all can trust me and expect me to give no less than my best," she assured the group, realizing how that may not have seemed like much at that very moment, due to her age, figure and the bags under her eyes from lack of sleep. She would prove her worth soon enough, she knew, as would the rest of them.

DarkStarlet
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
The sewers were a filthy place to be, and generally were a preferable place to hide if you wanted to escape the patrols... but not today.
Squadrons of troops slinked through the dark, closing in on the hatch leading to the mines. They clambered through and spread out... searching.
There was one woman who was not a soldier... far from it, she was a secretary... and Dagon's right hand man. She would execute her orders perfectly. Kill those who weren't needed, and take those that were. Shyia for information, Miya to be harvested, Tai and Gabe for further testing... the others could die. She'd leave the bodies here as a message to all the other Kalahir who wanted to escape.
No one messes with Vitoria Gransen.

Shyia straightened, her eyes searching the air for something that wasn't there. She paled a little...

"Myia... what do you hear through that door...? Be quick, we might not have much time... they're here."

EloraGuinivere
11-30-2012, 06:06 AM
Miya didn't hesitate to practically jump from her seat to the entrance of their hideout, letting her mind become susceptible to the many thoughts that began to stream into her own.

'How could they live in such a shithole?' came one thought. Well Shiya was right, they weren't alone down here.

'We have to be close now,' came another. 'Okay, Shiya, Miya, Tai, and...Gabe. Right?'

'Hmm...this looks like it could be some sort of passage. Should I say something?'

Though trying to stay calm, Miya's facial expressions gave away the fear beginning to build up as she continued to listen. She had no idea how close they were and she was afraid to speak, feeling thankful that her her gift as a Kalahir would now come in handy.

"Listen...don't any of you dare make a noise," she sent to those in the room with her. 'Thank God for telepathy,' she thought to herself. "Shiya, is there another way out of here? They are going to find this entrance any minute...no...any moment now. We need to have the door sealed somehow to buy us some time and get everyone and flee as soon as possible. They are looking to capture me and you three. If we leave anyone behind they'll just be killed!" The blood was pounding in her ears as she focused her mind again on those outside. Secretly, she wished that she had offered to take them with her to where she was staying in the outer circle, at least they wouldn't be dealing with this.

La Volpe
12-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Gabe paled at first when he heard Miyas mental message. But a grim smile soon spread a crossed his face Leave sealing the door to me, I'll make sure they don't get through anytime soon... Gabe thought back, not sure if she'd get his thought message. Gabe slowly walked up to the door and cracked his knuckles, slowly popping each joint in his hands. "Get out now, I'll follow right away." Gabe whispered, preferring to speak instead of sending it via thought. Walking up to the door, Gabe placed a hand on each side of the door and closed his eyes. His finger tips suddenly went into the wall the door was built into, he looked back behind him and smiled "Go!" He called out as he began to bring his hands together. He didn't want any of them here incase there was a collapse, Gabe would be fine if that happened, but the others would be crushed.

Raindrop
12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Mikeal was on his way back to their quarters, he was working hard, fast and in fact in the middle of his escape.
It was a failure this mission, he had failed protecting the other kids and broken his promise of a safe home when he did. Mikeal knew that success didn't always wait around the cornet but this stung a bit, a kid merely 7 years old died and so did the boys older brother whom was just 14... It sucked to be Mikeal but he was going to be fine, whenever he got back he would put it behind himself and smile for Shyia and pretend that to never be sad or down. Even if she could see through him he had to smile, it felt as if it was his obligation to do so.

However though the rescue mission failed another victory had been gained, it was a matter of perspective and that the convoy transporting the kids was gone along with its personnel was just fine to him. Of course nothing measures with young and friendly lives but he had to look at it that way or else all they did would seem pointless. It was when he had managed to lose the followers that he managed to move back towards the hideout and find the area infested with Dagon's puppets! They where latterly all over the place, searching the mines and keep guard posts outside...

Shyia! he thought loudly in his head scared to death of becoming alone once more, "Fuck..." he whispered to himself and looked over a rock from the roadside, I can't let her be caught... this thought left it for Mikeal with one choice as he knew it. "Oi! Dagon dogs... Want a real bite? I am right here you stupid assholes!" Mikeal shouted swiftly sweeping a kick mid air towards the two guard by the entrence, then another and another, pretty much at the same point when they realised where he was standing two powerful blows landed at one of the guards whilst the last one sweeped the legs of the second guard. "Is that all you are? Punching bags!" Mikeal laughed and started running for more cover, hopefully getting them to leave their positions and even have them gain some reinforcements.

Meanwhile Mikeal was running and running fast with bullets sizzling past his ear until he reached a deep ditch where he instantly took a right towards a greener area far more covered with bushes. When the bullets stopped passing him by he took a second to try and trace their movement, Three guards right behind about 100 meters, five more following another trail that could easily cut my escape... I see, there... he figured as he found an opening of a few seconds to make the squads cross each others roads without getting to see Mikeal. Leaping movements from rock to rock as he passed as fast as he could and as silent as he could through the low visual area.

DarkStarlet
12-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Upon hearing the shout outside, Shyia leapt towards Gabe, she pulled him back and placed her hands on the rock door. She could feel tha movement on the otherside, and could almost visualise it...
"Mikael..." she half whispered.
Turning she tugged Gabe back to the group, then dashed into the bedroom to pick up the pale boy, and grabbed little Jame's hand.
"We're getting out of here. Gabe, leave the door. We'll take the back route and head deep into the mines. It's slippy in places to take it easy, and keep close, it's very easy to get lost. We have another, though smaller base a few miles from here. If we can get there in time, we can hide in the city, in this house I know has no one living in it. Follow me!"
Shyia dashes to her room and forces teh large bookcase out of the way with her mind, beyond a slim passage leads down, like a slide, and to the right. She scrambles in and slides down the excape route into the small room at the bottom where she waits for the others. She pins a bit of paper to the wall, it has a picture of a house with a tree and a pond in the garden, it looks like a five year old has drawn it. But it's part of a secret code that she has with Mikael, so that he'll know to move on to the second base, in the basement of a house in the city.

EloraGuinivere
12-11-2012, 05:58 AM
Miya followed swiftly, slightly confused by the whole situation. She took a few moments after stepping through the bookcase exit to study the picture posted on the cold stone wall before catching up and walking near Shiya. "That's the guy you mentioned earlier, isn't it?" she asked in an undertone. "The other one in the group that was out on a mission? Mikeal?"

She tensed up every time she heard a thump or a shout echo down the tunnels. Many of the men outside the door had heard the commotion and went off to investigate, so that had served as extra time for them to escape. There were so many questions to be asked, but now was not the time nor the place to be asking them all. "As I was listening to thoughts still, your name came up in his mind. He'll know where to find us, right...?"

DarkStarlet
12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Shyia grinned and nodded.
"The pictures are like as secret code to us, only we know what they mean."
She waited for everyone to reach the bottom, and checked out the route ahead. It was dark, very dark, and the thin path was barely visible, black against black next to the massive pit that opened up nect to it. A certain death for any one who fell.

Bia
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
((catch up post from my last one, really sorry guys I deserve being mean to))

Daini knelt next to the passed out boy, a protective hand resting on his arm while she watched Shyia approach the unknown people in the opposite tunnel. Shyia's foot brushed a loose rock and Daini cringed at the loud sound that gave away any stealth they might've had. Before Daini registered what happened, there was a guy pinned to the ceiling, desperately pleading with Shyia. Daini regarded him coldly, on Shyia's side. He looked too cool and comfortable to really be telling the truth.

The man started struggling and screaming, foam coming from his mouth. He died in front of her and Daini tasted bile. She averted her gaze while Shyia got rid of the body. She felt nothing for the man but Shyia's tears caused her to blink back her own. Everyone back to base! We need to form a plan to kill Dagon Matahews! Wordlessly, she got up and helped pick up the limp boy off the dirty sewer ground. She balanced his body while Shyia spoke with two new people, potential threats though they weren't acting violent. Daini wished again that her powers could be of some help down here.

Tai caught up with them and it looked like they were finally leaving. She handed the boy back over to Shyia and followed the group back to base. Another small boy came out of a room and clung to Tai. Daini smiled despite herself, she knew Tai wasn't really the affectionate type. They went through introductions, or Shyia did. That was fine with her, Shyia knew she didn't really like interacting or talking if she could avoid it. As far as she figured, the less people knew about her the better. She took her jam sandwich and ate it in small, slow bites. Her stomach was still upset from near drowning and her sides ached. The food felt good though, so she finished it.

The guy Gabe was an earth manipulator. Daini peeked at him through her strawberry blonde hair, curious to see him in action. Tai brought up the idea of a blitzkrieg approach and Daini perked up at that one. Blitzkrieg means lightening war right? Her powers would come in handy for that. Miya promised everyone could trust her and Daini narrowed her eyes. She had nothing against Miya personally, but trust was something that was hard to come by. The only one she fully trusted was Shyia. Even Tai, who she considered a friend, had his suspicious moments. Daini chastised herself, she needed to learn to rely on other people. She couldn't do this alone.

Miya jumped up, listening through the door. There were people coming, soldiers. Daini stood at ready, her muscles tensed and waiting for Shyia to give instruction. They were going to take the bookcase tunnel, Daini hated that tunnel, it was so dark and small. Not to mention dangerous. She hoped Shyia would have enough energy left in her to catch anyone who might slip, especially the younger boys. She followed behind Tai closely, using him as a guide in the dark.

La Volpe
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Gabe only nodded as he followed the group through the escape tunnel, taking the rear so he could block there path if need be. Honestly, he was happy Shyia had pulled him out of there. He would have survived the collapse, but finding them all again would have been incredibly hard for him. Gabe couldn't help but keep glancing back behind them, always expecting to see Dagons' men right behind them.

EloraGuinivere
12-12-2012, 01:46 AM
After nodding and realizing that it was too dark for anyone to see that she even did so, Miya remained silent. It had been a long time since she had talked to someone, let alone talked with this many people. It was quite peculiar to her to think that three people from different backgrounds would band together for this long. Even after an hour or so of knowing these people she could feel the discomfort she usually felt whenever she was forced into a social situation. So she kept her senses open, concentrating to see if she could hear anything more outside these walls. Every once in awhile, she could catch a snippet of a thought before it went out of range.

'That bitch has us on a wild goose chase...'

Miya perked up a bit when she began picking up more thoughts. "They're close," she whispered. "I don't know from which direction...their leader is a female? Last name, Gransen." She dared not speak any louder in fear of echoing in this tiny pitch black tunnel.

Raindrop
12-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Making his way towards the caverns Mikeal quickly got inside, in an instant starting off to track movement inside the cavern, following with his kind of sonar ability what must be Dagons men and what most likely was Shyias people? So she was successful, that is good... Mikeal thought moving as if he was a shadow along the walls and ground.

A bit further inside another Dagon guy, it had to be moving alone inside, quickly rising behind him and putting his arm around his throat "Dagon Friendly?" Mikeal asked with a darkest voice he could imitate, as the man seemed to confirm this as if it was a misunderstanding, a loud cracking noise echoed in the tunnel followed by a low pitched thud, clearly made from a body hitting the ground or rather being easily put to the ground. "Psst..." Mikeal called out in the tunnel, teasing the rest of Dagons people, "Heheh..." Mikeal laughed briefly like a snake, continually moving around, making his way forward past guards and further.

DarkStarlet
12-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Ms Vitoria Gransen surveyed the scene with care. Whilst most of them were making an escape, one was taking out some of her men, now that she couldn't have...
She fired a bright red flare into the massive expanse of the mine, and it lit up the cavern's roof and walls... and a tiny path along the side where a small group were moving slowly. She smiled her evil smile, something worthy of a nightmarish villain, and took aim with her stun rifle. She got the leader in her sights and went to pull the trigger when something tugged at her senses.
She paused to look around the ledge she was standing on, and upon seeing nothing she decided to change tactics. She swapped her stun gun for a regular sub machine gun, and let loose upon the group in the distance. Many of her bullets missed, and the rest hung in the air just a few inches from her prey. She snarled, a very unflattering sound from such a beautiful woman, and fired again. More of her bullets froze in the air.
The light from the flare was fading, and Vitoria's sneer faded with it.
She could still take out the nearest one, the one toying with the useless soldiers at her beck and call.
She took one last glance at the group, vowing to find them and make them suffer.

"Gransen?!" Shyia paled for a second, "She's Dagon's right hand! We've got to get out of here, and quick! Stay close!"
The thin ledge was marked out only by faintly glowing moss that grew around it's edge, and beyond that there was nothing. Shyia murmured words of encouragement to them all, particularly the child, and shuffled onwards.
A red light shines in the dark, a flare. It lights up the path clearly, where everyone can see, including the lone figure on a high ledge.
Pausing and standing straight, Shyia concentrates as a hail of bullets is flung at them. They shine in the red light just a few inches from them all, looking like droplets of blood in the sickly light. After another hail, the light fades and the bullets fall into the cavern... they do not hit a bottom... at least not one that you can hear.
"Let's keep moving, quickly now, she might come at us again."
there is a widening in the path and it turns into the rock, up a small slope and into one of the old mine shafts. There are tracks there, and some rusted tools, a single cart on its side, wheels missing.
"There should be a ladder around here somewhere. We hid it just in case. See if you can find it, I'll go get the hatch open. We might need some more light, Tai? If you could?"

La Volpe
12-13-2012, 08:55 PM
As the bullets hung in the air, Gabe swore loudly! If Shyia had been a second slower, he would have been turned into Swiss cheese by the hail of gun fire. As they came to the old mine shaft, a idea struck him. "Shyia, if I block the path from Dagon's goons with my power, will your friend be able to make it?" He asked, standing at the mouth of the tunnel. He was considering dropping out a section of the small path behind them, but he didn't want to doom Shiyas friend, so he'd get her okay first.

EloraGuinivere
12-14-2012, 01:47 AM
When the flare had lit up and Miya had seen a figure in the distance with an automatic, her first instinct had been to shield the boy as best she could without falling off the ledge. Her tense body relaxed when she realized Shiya was protecting them with her amazing ability. The cave again went from blood-red to complete darkness and Miya grabbed the boy's hand and followed, trying to find her words again.

She let go of the boy's hand when the thin ledge widened. As everyone began looking around for the ladder, Miya took a few moments to rethink the situation. She had heard a few of Mikael's thoughts as they fought the raining bullets, which struck her odd because she could not see him at all. Was her range expanding? She wouldn't know until she had time to test it later. Snapping out of her slight trance, she began looking for the ladder in what little light there was.

"I wouldn't close it just yet," Miya warned Gabe when she overheard him asking Shiya about blocking the path. "He could be close by...that is, if Gransen isn't on his tail now."

Raindrop
12-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Mikeal wasn't sure about what to do next, but it appeared that the attention had been turned towards him, in order to escape finesse was the obvious option left to with...

Knowing where to head and remembering what he and Shyia had talked about during emergencies like this Mikeals first thought now turned back to getting out alive. Trying hard to escape the searching lights and Dagons men out there Mikeal swiftly continued his rampage among the armed men around him. From time to time pitching a noise behind the soldiers in order to get by but it was move that quickly lost effect as they most sertainly figured out which one of their, experiments that they were facing. Outnumbered in a game of fox and hounds Mikeal now struggled to stay undetected.

"Damn..." Mikeal whispered to himself, they were blocking the entrences and further inside towards the ledge was more or less an impossability. What was he going to do? What other choices did he have? Suddenly from behind him, in an odd fashion someone had gotten up behind him and all to late he reckoned the motion which quickly wrapped him in a stranglehold, a man with his rifle around his neck. "Urhg..." The noice wasn't too loud but the soldier quickly yelled about his accomplishment for reinforcements. About the time the man finished calling for them Mikeal managed to break lose with his right arm that quickly sent an elbow at the foes face, followed by a crushing fist as Mikeal turned around getting completely lose from the mans grip, the punch hit the soldiers face delicately cracking the mans jaw. A quick leap forward boosted with the ability of his Mikeal landed on his feet dashing back the way he came from but once again surprised by another unrecognized movement landing a clear knee onto Mikeals ribs, followed by another figures crystal clear punch across his face, knocking Mikeal out of balance and off his feat.

"Fuck!" He yelled, knowing the limit of his abilities was fading but desperately crawling sideways from where he landed he somehow was missed by the soldier lights and moved onwards passed the foes he just faced and miraculously getting out in one piece Mikeal lumped back towards the woods and off the area as soon as he could.

EloraGuinivere
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Miya paused from her search to listen once again to see if she could hear anything. "...It should be safe to block off our passage now," she said to Gabe. She realized that she was practically telling him what to do and she quickly stuttered, "Th-that is if that's what you feel as if it should be done, I'm sorry if you feel like I'm-" As she had been speaking her foot hit something on the ground. Looking down, she saw the outline of what she assumed was the ladder.

She heaved a sigh of relief and bent down to try to pick it up, which resulted in her dragging it instead because it was too heavy. "I think this is it," she muttered to Shiya.

La Volpe
01-02-2013, 04:33 AM
Gabe nodded in reply to Miya, and closed his eyes in concentration. As his eyes opened, Gabe slammed his hands down into the ground and dug his fingers into the dirt like it was play dough. Bracing himself, Gabe pulled up, and a wall of earth followed his hands, cutting off the trail to were he and the rest of the group are. Letting out a long breath, Gabe fell flat on his back with a thud. "That was a rush!" he whispered, trying to get the room to stop spinning. Maybe he pushed himself to far this time.