PDA

View Full Version : The End of Days (IC)

Tytun
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Pairna... Quite possibly the largest and busiest city in all of Kalnea... Here, as the sun shone brightest upon the slick metal business buildings, everything there was activity. On the streets, people walked along on the sidewalks as cars drove by at the designated speed limit. In the buildings, many employees and businessmen prepared themselves for a long day. And in the sky, biplanes and air vehicles littered the blue sky, transporting materials from one plane to another. In all of their activities, no one noticed the impending doom until it was too late.

One such man was sitting on a bench as he studied over a paper he had to provide an oral presentation for. As he carefully looked over it, the scene around him began to darken. Assuming that an aircraft had moved passed the sun, he continued reading for a while. Eventually, he noticed that the darkness remained and, rather pissed off at the lack of light, turned his head to the sky. What he saw caused him to jump to his feet, unsure of what it was.

Above the city, the sky had become clouded with dark and vicious clouds. In appearance, they looked to be thunderclouds, though the forecast for the day had said no such thing... Suddenly, the central cloud began to bubble down, as if something was pushing downward from the heavens. After a few moments, the cloud ripped asunder, showing what looked like an enormous white meteorite falling from the sky. All in all, this alone began to cause panic amongst the people. As the meteorite came crashing down, one unlucky aircraft flew straight into its pathway, and was struck down in a fiery blaze of glory. Within seconds, the meteor crashed into the central roadway of Pairna, thus making it silenced for the first in a long time.

As the people began to get up and examine the crater made by the meteorite, they were mostly shocked at the occurrence. How did their scientists not see this coming to warn them? How did the Gods not do anything to prevent this? Too many questions flowed through their head, preventing them from noticing the entity that formed out of the rubble until a few moments later. Once fully formed, the entity gained a human-like appearance showing a small yet athletic body with slightly desirable traits. Of course, what concerned people was how his eyes and hair were pure white.

As the being arose from the rubble and hovered above the hole, his blank eyes looked around at the city itself and its people. "Destination: Pairna, Kalnea, Aeir arrived..." it said in an emotionless tone. "Calculating balance chain... Balance checked, corruption exceeds normality... Resolution: Erase..." Before anyone could realize what this being was saying, he reared his right hand back, which began to glow with a strange white light. Sending his hand forward, he flung an energy wave down the road until it hit the side of one of the major business buildings, crippling its structure in a single hit. As the tall building begin to crash down on the city, the inhabitants began running amok in a panic. To them, Armageddon had begun...

nonangelic92
04-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Kera-nooka or Kera for short, was bathing in the river when she saw the giant rock come from the sky. She was stunned that noone of her village besides her saw it. She finished bathing and run to shore and put back on her top and skirt. She began to walk back to her village, stopping suddenly from the feel of eyes on her. She looked around and was tackled by her little brother. "Joccobia, you little sniggle, you are just as bad as Biddru-okka when she wasnt to play games with me." She set herself up right and helped her brother up. She checked her self for any wounds and found none. "So where are you off too? Terrorizing Nanipka and her friends?" Her brother blushed and scampered off. Kera smiled, she loved picking on her brother.

Kera arrived in her village to find it in total peace. Apparently noone had witnessed the giant rock falling from the sky. She entered her family's hut and saw her father talking with a tribe's shaman. She waited patiently as her father discussed the necessiary preporations for this year's coming of age celebration. After the shaman left she sat by her father, " Father I have terrible news. A giant rock fell from the sky and landed somewhere up north. We should see if the other nations need our help." Her father laughed, "Aww my sweet innocent daughter, always trying to help people. Let the other nations tend to their own. That's how we've remained in harmony for so long." Kera stared at her father in surprise, "But father..." "No but's Kera, we will not help and thats final." Kera sat in silence for the rest of the night, thinking up some sort of plan.

Early that morning, Kera left the village decideing to go help the other nations. She left a piece of her pendant and a piece of hide telling her father she meant no disrespect but had to do this. Kera walked across the moss covered forest floor, her water sheaths filled with fresh water, berries and fruits wrapped safety into her sack and a small blade encase anyone tried to attack her. Kera was set for aventure but she didn't know how much.

mrgameandpie
04-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Arrange dirt molecules to form soap, turn into a bottle to spray soap on designated area, turn into scrubber to was designated area. A simple cleaning mechanism. This had been master by Rox long ago and stored in his data chips. Before the meteorite hit that was his current job, a lady had told him "You're one of those helping robots right? Then clean this mess up! I don't want any dirt when my club gets here." Thus his current occupation had been sealed, he was to clean the porch of the woman. This was, however, fairly unusual. Not him cleaning, oh no, where he came from cleaning was constantly required, but him cleaning in Pairna. As of late his home country was actually making excess robots for once, and he had been slated to help in other areas for the time being. Having just finished his job he began to look for another task. Suddenly, the meteor fell from the sky. "Warning: Impact of large object upon the ground is imminent, please clear the area." Was what he was constantly telling the people around him, but they did not listen, they were too worried about the meteor itself to notice the small robot giving them sound advice. Upon impact Rox stopped saying his line. After Zion stood up from the meteor Rox stated plainly "Warning: Lifeform has emerged! Take precaution!" Again, nobody seemed to listen.

Tytun
04-14-2010, 11:07 PM
As the destruction Zion ensued across this sector of Pairna eventually ended, at first everything was simply a hazy mist of dust and debris. When the field of vision began to clear, all anyone could see, if they were still alive, was desolation. The shiny buildings were now simply rubble on the ground, dead bodies littered the now broken streets, cars and aircrafts were strewn around cleaved into pieces... In all sense, this was truly Armageddon.
Scanning the area for a long while, Zion slowly lowered himself to the ground and began walking to a building corner. Once there, he bent down and flicked a large piece of rubble away, revealing a small helper robot whom had been nearly crushed underneath it. Looking at the robot for several seconds, it seemed as if Zion was silently making a connection with it. Instead, he stood up straight and walked off, leaving the robot to do its own thing as he traveled to the next sector of Pairna...

nonangelic92
04-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Kera felt has if she'd been walking for a while. She had passed the boundry line a couple of miles back and was now staring at the dark deadness past the forest. She'd heard tales from her people that dark creatures lived here and once a living soul enters the forst they do not return. She once heard a tale, when she was little, about a boy entering the dark abyss and coming face to face with a creature who hate little children, but she didn't knowwhether it was fact or fiction for she learned that adults tell stories to their children to behave.

Kera entered the dark land, holding her blade in front of her just encase some creature came at her. Kera walked a few feet and stopped hearing a clicking sound to her right. She turned her head and saw a creature of four or five feet tall, it had a body of a emu and a head of a alligator wit hthe sharp teeth sugesting it must be carnivore, running really fast and had glowing red eyes. Kera saw tha tit was charging at her. She stood in a fighter stance and readied herself to fight it. The monster made a snap at her, she dodged the bite and slashed at the monsters legs. She hit it over the head with the hilt of her knife. It began to stagger but that was all she needed, she pulled a thick braid of grass from her small satchal and hog tied the monster. "There all better." She smiled and began walking again looking around for more god awful creatures.

mrgameandpie
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Rox had survived the attack. Many of his nanites had been destroyed, leaving only the million or so closest to the red orb of his body, but he would begin rebuilding himself in a moment. First he sent out a warning signal to his hometown in hopes that they would hear him. Upon reforming his body an hour later he began travelling him immediately by turning into a small jet and flying over the ocean.

GraftRaven
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Watcher wove through the bases of trees, this was his second day of expedition in Ekar, or the Dark Land as it was called by the local population. Distand clicking could be heard and Watcher stopped moving, his many legs getting a firm grip on the ground in a wide spread around him. One tentacle, the one at the center of the bundle, lifted above his main body and sprouted a radar disc from the end. The disc swun back and forth, gradually zeroing in on one point.

After finding its mark the disc retracted and Watcher shot off in that direction, his tentacles streaming behind him in the air. He soon came upon a strange creature with the head of an aligatorand scraped a skin sample from it before dissapearing up a nearby tree.

///DNA ANALYSIS
SPECIES: UNIDENTIFIED CREATURE: CONSULT GUIDE
TESTING COMPLETE: **UNSTABLE DNA CHAIN** EXTREME CAUTION ADVISED
///

One of WAtcher's infrared sensing eyes picked up a light trail of footsteps leading away from the creature. Watcher dropped to the ground and followed it, eventually coming upon Kera, shooting out in front of her, then coming to rest at eye level with his arms fanned out around him.

///Visual Scan
VISUAL RESULTS INDICATE HUMAN LIFEFORM.
///

nonangelic92
04-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Kera stared at the metal creatur in front of her. IT scared yet fasinated her at the same time. She had never seen anything like this creature. She streched out her hand and touched the top of it. She was marveled at the feel of the smoothness of it. She smiled, "Well hello there my new found friend." She looked around for anyone who might have lost it, "Do you have a name or someone who has lost you." When the little creature didn't anwser she sighed, "Well if you would like would you like to be my companion on this voyage?" she asked kindly.

GraftRaven
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
While Kera was speaking the sound dish snapped open and closed several times and then closed and swept back along with all the other arms so that they were all behind him. There was a quiet clicking sound and then a low robotic voice sounded from Watcher. "No, I don't have an owner, but my verbal designation is 'Watcher'." He paused for a second, making a calculation. His head cocked to one side. "A companion would be a statistical advantage, what voyage are you on?" Multiple eyes zoomed in and out, then two vents on either side of his head opened and gushed steam for a second, then closed.

nonangelic92
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Kera smiled, " Well my little new flound friend I am on a voyage to see if the sinful people need help. I was out hunting yesterday and I saw a giant rock crash somewhere near them and I am going to go help them. Usually its forbidden for my people to help outsiders but I am not as cold-hearted as my father." she smiled and motioned for the little machine to follow her, "So tell me about this Watcher."

GraftRaven
04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Watcher swung around and placed himself next to Kera's head but tilted to one side to keep her in view. "You don't seem to understand I am Watcher. But what do they call you?" He asked, if he was going to stay with this girl he should know her name.

Another set of vents opened on his back and steam flowed out for a second before they closed again. His CPU had been busy calculating the probability of a meteorite strike in the area, but there was none. "And are you sure that you saw a meteor?"

((sooooryyy!! sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry! my laptop is now most likely dead and i've been busy... sorry...))

nonangelic92
04-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Kera smiled at the Watcher, "Well thank you for clarifying that up my little friend. My name is Kera-nooka but I perfer to be called Kera. Its alot easier to say and isn't a mouthful." She continued walked and listened to the Watchers question. "Well I am quite sure it was a meteor. It sure looked like one but maybe I am wrong. It did have a type of look to it that I couldn't explain." She smiled as she kicked a rock aimlessly, continueing across the darklands with the watcher.

GraftRaven
05-01-2010, 07:35 PM
"Kera... a nice sounding name indeed." Watcher thought for another second, there were not enough names that had significance anymore or had a good ring to them, and names were important things. He thought for another second about the 'meteor' steam venting again as he checked and re-checked calculations. "Well, if we're not sure what it is then we must find out."

nonangelic92
05-01-2010, 08:15 PM
"Exactly my little friend." Kera smiled, "So can I ask you created you?" She touched some of his exterior, "You look like a sinful one made you. All smooth and hard. Back in the forest, we had a few sinful ones come and go. One I remember brought a portable communtion device, that excitied my people for some years til one of my people died while using it. He was out hunting and trying to contact the others when a chikla attacked him. Its saber-like teeth and paws hit and bit into him til nothing was left. That day was sad. My father banned all sinful products from our village. All except this one, " Kera pulls out a simple compass, "This is the one sinful product that my father allows. It helps lead the way." Kera looked at the compass and it point north, "I hope we're almost there. The sinful cities are north and nothing more."