PDA

View Full Version : [PG-13][IC] The Empty Nest

Lady Celeste
04-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Hello and welcome to the IC thread of the Empty Nest! Inspired by the 1988 movie Waxwork, the 1992 computer game Waxworks, and (believe it or not) the original 1996 Jumpstart 4th Grade game, Haunted Island. Currently rated PG-13 for witchcraft/black magic, violence, and some inappropriate language.

Lady Celeste
04-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Lucy should have been used to it by now, but Madame Mystère's house always looked like something out of a fairy tale. As a kid she always half-expected to be dreaming every time she passed it by, and although she knew better now, the traces of whatever magic gave the aging, average-sized townhouse its charm prevailed even against the streams of yellow tape sealing off the premises. She stopped to feel for the cleaned etching on the smooth, cream-hued river stone to pull herself back to reality; now was not the time for such distractions. Holding firmly onto the talisman, Lucy proceeded to duck under the offending yellow stripe.

"Hey, slow it down right there." Julian took Lucy's hand to pull her gently back. "Witches or no witches, this is still a crime scene. I'm not going to risk my ass if any of your magic tricks contaminate potential evidence."

Lucy shook her head. "Yeah, so says the guy who couldn't disprove said 'magic tricks' when I showed him." She said annoyed. "Trust me; if the Madame thought something could be used as evidence, she would've isolated it before she went missing. She's very thorough like that. Now are you coming or not? The others might probably be there already anyway." She eased out of the detective's faltering grip and continued toward the house, the talisman allowing them both past the wooden stairs up to the front porch as she knocked on the door. "Hyde? Raizu? Anybody home?"

Yamimoon
04-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Hyde was the first one to reach the house, and enter. He had always like Madame Mystère's house. It seamed like a second home to him. He had spent the most time over here once the war was over, and treated her like she was like a mother to him. He respected her, and loved to watch her shows. But now he didn’t know what happened to her, and hoped that she was alright. He looked at the talisman that was in his hands had let him enter the house with no problems. He knew by looking at the house that there was a spell on it to keep unwanted visitors out.

He then heard the knock at the door, and his head quickly raised up to look at the door. The voice belonged to Lucy, and he knew that it was time. He walked over to the door and opened it up. “Of course on of us is here.” Hyde said with a smile as he looked at Lucy. He had missed being with his friends, and wished that this reunion was on better terms. “Long time no see Lucy!“ Hyde said in a friendly tone as his eyes fell on the man with her. “So is this the man that was in your letter?” He looked him over and just shook his head. “Well anyways come in. Oh and don’t worry no one will know that you entered the place. I have a spell cast on the grounds,” Hyde said as he held the door open for them to enter.

Zwie had been watching the house for a wile, and saw that some of the young spell caster to enter the house. He was waiting for all of them to enter before he made his presence known to them. This is what he was ordered to do. He was to tell them that they were coming for them, and if he could capture one of them, and bring them back to base. He just hoped that he would not have to hurt them to badly.