PDA

View Full Version : The Riders - Science Fiction Space RPG (Open/Accepting!)

The Cockatiel
10-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Note: If you have seen this topic on the FeralHeart forums, it was me. If you saw it somewhere else, it was not me; please contact me. This post will probably be updated later. Feel free to reply with questions, comments, suggestions, and the like.

We are the brave.

"The bravery of the inhabitants of Carfiel is remarkable."
For years, the planet Carfiel has been a peaceful world. Most of their security is owed to the Carfiel Riders, an elite group of self-appointed vigilantes that take action when others won't. The Riders have sworn to uphold morality and justice, while breaking down cruel rulers and illegal acts. As they progressed, they became infamous for their logo - a rearing horse and a rider with a sword - and their slogan - The brave, the free, the united, serving the worlds of the galaxy.
It's not only Carfiel that has benefited from their help, although the Riders are always helping their home planet. Dozens of planets, hundreds of spaceships, thousands of lives, millions of dollars have been spared by their valiant efforts to protect and defend. No matter the reward, no matter the cost, the Riders uphold justice and punish the guilty according to their crimes. Becoming a Rider is no easy task, but when one is finally accepted into the inter-planet Rider society, one becomes a legend.

We are the free.

"The noble peculiarities of the race, they are developed in Riders more than any other people."
No doubt about it, the Riders are a free people. Since their members are from many different plants (predominately Carfiel), they are not bound to a particular planet's set of rules. An outlying rocky wasteland planet was bought from an interplanetary fund and given to the use of the Riders, as a refuge. Visitors are required to follow all Rider rules, and to not interfere or disobey in any manner.
Above anything else in the galaxy, the Riders value their independence. Removing a Rider's weapons will only hinder him, and he will continue on, but to take away his freedom is the finishing blow. Although no Rider has ever betrayed his fellows, the loss of freedom is counted almost as the loss of life. Depending on who captured the Rider, it sometimes is. Independence, liberty, and justice are the three values that the Riders were founded on, and it is the first two that are valued the most.

We are united.

"The Riders' unity is better than that of any other human organization."
Working is not the Riders' only contact, their base is the home of most Riders not on assignment. Few choose an outlying post over this headquarters. Headquarters is a byword to any checkpoint when given by a true Rider. Socialization and interaction are keys to the Riders' close-knit groups. Companies, made of ten men each, are quartered in the same areas and given the same schedules, so that they learn to know each other.
Disunity is punished in various but moderate methods. Overall, there is no need for Riders to disagree with one another in issues concerning the whole of the group. Every once in a while, disputes will break out over various petty subjects, but there are rarely hard feelings. Knowing that they may depend on each other for their lives lends them a sense of camaraderie.

Our time is now.

"It was not too long ago that war began to brew on the horizon..."
The Riders have always helped to keep peace and safety among the planets. However, even their spies could not hear and see everything. Unknown to the Riders until several days ago, several planets have joined forces against another. They are determined to rule or destroy the planet. Panicked, the besieged planet, Richelieu, turned to the Riders for help. As one, the Riders agreed to help and protect Richelieu's citizens from their enemies. Even though no payment would be forthcoming, as Richelieu has a reputation for poverty, the planet's ruler promised to repay them in some way.

We are the Riders.

"The Riders are almost a subspecies of human, with their supreme abilities."
So, you want to be a Rider, do you? It's not an easy position to get, and that's one of the reasons it's so revered. Being a Rider is dangerous work. You have to think fast and stay calm under fire. Sometimes you'll lose friends, but you have to keep your thoughts on your mission until it's completed. Think you have what it takes? Well, applications are below. Good luck.
There are several positions open. Flyers are a group that pilot one-person spacecraft with weaponry, a space version of fighter jets. Scouts fly tiny, fast planes that can evade anything if the pilot is skilled enough, but has very limited weaponry. Troopers mainly operate either on the ground or underwater. And, of course, there are generals and such, but only a few. They'll be chosen later, after some of the men have proved themselves. All of the Riders are pilots and equestrians, although not all mounts are horses.
Filling out the application should be pretty easy. Text color (optional) is whatever color you type your post in. Only fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

Sign-Up:

Theme Song: Here
*Position: Here
*Name: Here
*Weapon of Choice: Here
*Personality: Here
History: Here
Other: Here
Text Color: Here
*Picture: Here

TheDoctor
10-06-2012, 06:27 PM
This has caught my eye. Let me think about joining, for I might be overwhelmed at the moment and unable to join another RP. Gimme a couple hours to read through the intro thing and you might have a player!

The Cockatiel
10-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Great! Hope you decide to join :)

G
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Pineapples
10-17-2012, 01:15 AM
I am definently thinking about joining! Trying to figure out my character sheet....

Cfavano
10-23-2012, 03:28 AM
would a space marine-ish character be accepted? and must we choose only one weapon?

Silver Tongue
10-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Damn, this looks awesome! I can't believe you haven't gotten any characters yet. I'll get a CS up tomorrow, as it's unfortunately a little late to start doing writing now >_< Also, I need to figure out which of the half dozen character ideas I have that I want to go with...