Vergil

(Alive)

Nightcrawler

(Alive)

Nightmare Moon

(Alive)

Arenas

The Mares' Moon
This desolate, white world, marked with massive craters and towering plateaus was the prison for Nightmare Moon for hundreds of years...And her absolute favorite place to recreate in the minds of her adversaries. Anypony or person unfortunate enough to get caught in her trap often finds themselves fighting on desolate grey, with an infinite blanket of void overhead.

Britannia, Japan District
The sprawling suburbs of Japan serve as the home territory of the Black Knights, the personal forces of Lelouch of the Rebellion. Riddled with half-destroyed buildings and parks, it serves as an excellent place for him to ambush his foes. Its' mountains are often put to use for rockslides, while its' rivers serve for superior amphibious ambushes. Even the roads themselves aren't safe when this Tactician is fighting within them.

Tamen-ni-gru
The gateway to the Demon Realm, this tower acts as Vergils' preferred battleground, where he will fight both the Son of Sparda, and any who oppose his ascension to the power of his father. Packed with all sorts of nasty ghouls and terrifying demons, it acts well as a filter through which only the strong can make it.

Eddren
10-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Nightmare Moon stood rigid, waiting. There had been a new source of magic on her beautiful moon...Frowning, she cast her eyes everywhere. "Come out, being." These last words were spat out; it was likely just another night-waster, here to torture her further. They'd learn. They'd all learn! Soon enough, she'd return, and that'd be the end of it all!

SQJ
10-17-2012, 04:48 PM
White and black smoke flowed, twisted and spiralled before pulling into the shape of a pillar. The pillar filled and solidified into human form. Until Dumbledore stepped out of that form. He was dressed in his favourite dark blue night robes.

He raised his wand at the being in front of him. "I am here"

Eddren
10-17-2012, 09:48 PM
A human...They were unknown to the rest of her kind, but the Night reigns in all worlds. She had made it so. In response to the raised wand, Nightmare Moon brought up her horn, a light which could not quite be described as gleaming summoned before her. "How dare you interrupt my solitude!" she cried, the light shooting forward as it manifested into a Shadow Bolt, one of her summoned Pegasi.

SQJ
10-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Dumbledore flicked his wand and wall of rock burst up from the ground, turning to sand in parts until half a dozen statues took form in front of him. Some were in the form of witches and wizards, goblins and centaurs, the rest the form of the knights guarding hogwarts. With a flurry of his wand they started moving forwards.

Eddren
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Not to be outdone, Nightmare Moon brought up her horn, from which spawned several orbs. They floated up and spiraled wider and wider until finally, they manifested into another three Shadow Bolts. Another orb hit the ground, and the craters formed ghastly grins and malevolent eyes.

SQJ
10-18-2012, 04:10 PM
The statues came right at the orb creatures. A single centaur breaking through the clash to get a clear shot at Nightmare. It's stone head aimed low in a butting attack motion.

"You would need more to impress upon me young man."

Eddren
10-18-2012, 07:19 PM
"That's quite alright, as I am a mare, not a man." Of course, the stone statue hit. But as all things of the Nightmare Magic were, it was but smoke and mirrors; the attacks went through it, and it did little in response. Nightmare Moon, however, took the opportunity to teleport behind them, glaring at Dumbledore. Her horn glowing again, a zipper appeared on the wizards' mouth.

SQJ
10-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Dumbledore's eyebrows raised at the effect of his mouth zipping shut. With a light twirl of wand the very earth beneath the mares feet hooked onto her and with a second twirl his mouth unzipped.
"That's a good trick but advanced wizards never need to utter their spells. That is your first lesson."

Eddren
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
"And the first lesson on the moon is that it is my domain!" Nightmare Moon didn't take very kindly to the idea of someone using her beautiful moon to immobilize her....However. While she was at it...Breathing in, she shouted out in her Traditional Royal Cantralop voice, using magic to project it even further into a mind-bogglingly loud shout, "LEAVE!", before grabbing hold of Dumbledores' wand with telekinesis.

SQJ
10-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Dumbledore felt the pull of the enemies telekinesis on his wand, his grip tightened and he was thrown forwards but he held onto his wand. It was at that moment dumbledore apparated into a wisp of white smoke, the smoke.

Dumbledore appeared with a pop behind his opponent before pointing his want and burst of flame erupted from his wand striking upon Nightmare moons back.

Eddren
10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Nightmare moon glared immediately at the pop. With a glow from her horn, a cloud appeared in front of her, bathing the area in fog and quite thoroughly dampening her singed flank. Turning to regard him, she once again used Telekinesis, picking up rocks before using her Nightmare Magic to make them appear to turn into spears. Launching them at Dumbledore, she then stabbed his gut with her horn.

SQJ
10-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Dumbledore's old callused hands hand onto to the horn barely catching it in time as the horn stabbed into his abs, there was another pop as he apparated, this time taking the two of them, popping barely half a meter back just as the spear ere to impact his flesh, putting Nightmare Moon in the path of his own spears.

Eddren
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Nightmare moon cried in anguish as one of the spears pierced her shoulder. However, she quickly flashed away, and ten seconds before that another Nightmare moon, spear stuck in her shoulder, lashed out with her horn at Dumbledore, in addition to casting a telekinesis spell, knocking the other spear out of alignment, before returning back to her normal time. Nightmare Magic welling up in her again, she released it, a volley of thorns seeking to impale Dumbledore.

SQJ
10-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Dumbledore cried out as tick thorns dug into his flesh. He apparated into the distance to get air from his opponent Fawkes flew down onto his shoulder his tears falling onto Dumbledore's flesh, healing him up.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumbledore cried out as tick thorns dug into his flesh. He apparated into the distance to get air from his opponent Fawkes flew down onto his shoulder his tears falling onto Dumbledore's flesh, healing him up.

Eddren
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Nightmare Moon stood regally, horn glowing as the spear was removed from her shoulder and an enormous bandaid appeared in its' stead. Glaring at the Wizard, she gestured toward space. "Go, human. Return to your lands and leave me to my exile! I will return to your world all too soon."

- - - Updated - - -

Nightmare Moon stood regally, horn glowing as the spear was removed from her shoulder and an enormous bandaid appeared in its' stead. Glaring at the Wizard, she gestured toward space. "Go, human. Return to your lands and leave me to my exile! I will return to your world all too soon."

SQJ
11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Dumbledore took the opportunity to allow fawkes to help him recover The elder wand gripped lightly between his fingers, the wand wiggled playfully. The old man smiled lightly and sighed happily. "Unfortunately I cannot do that. With our magical abilities it would be safer to finish this here." The wand tightened between his fingers and he flicked it right at the unicorn. "Bombarda!" The powerful force struck hard at the creature's neck.

Eddren
11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Nightmare fell before the force of the blow, but sprung to her hooves, wincing as she did so. There was a cracking sound. Her horn glowed, and then there were several more cracks and she cried out. Her horn glowed again, and a host of terrifying ghouls and insidious goblins charged after him. Of course, Nightmare Moon was obscured from sight by these very creatures...Until she appeared in front of him, fire spewing out of her horn. Instantly, the ghouls and goblins disappeared, only to become piles of rock. "HA! That will be your downfall!"

SQJ
11-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Dumbledore cried out throwing up his elbows to shield his eyes from the blaze which fell over them in a wall of flame. Dumbledore stumbled backwards, tripping on his own heels. He cried out as his blackened fingers swung out wildly just as the burst of flame blew past him. The wand swung, and the goblin rocks shot up and launched themselves right at the Mare's sides on both sides.

Eddren
11-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Nightmare Moon cackled as he fell backward, but cried out, wheezing, when her very own trick came back to bite her--With hundreds of teeth, made of stone. Falling to her knees, she did not get up, but instead closed her eyes. Her horn glowed, and the moon disappeared; instead, it was replaced by more night sky, and the two found themselves free-falling. The mare spread out her wings, slowing her descent as Dumbledore continued to fall.

SQJ
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Dumbledore cried out his voice weak from the energy used from the spell work. He flailed wildly, feeling the sense of vertigo and the severe shock of the drop when he sensed the spell work surrounding it. He wasn't foolish when it came to spellwork, too many decades of study had passed. The old man flickered his wand and the spell shattering just as the earth beneath his feet return dropping him on his back.

Eddren
11-18-2012, 07:56 AM
By this time, Nightmare Moon had staggered to her feet. That he had broken through the illusion so quickly was impressive, but not unexpected. Her horn glowed, and a horde of minions crawled over the surface of the moon. The mare disappeared, reappearing before Dumbledore. She stabbed, only to disappear. This time around, the minions gathered around to maul the wizard with stony hands.

SQJ
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Thick, layered robes on his body started to tear as he flailed back at the wizards. The wand glowed. "Aresto momentum!" the stone minions froze and he swung his wand. He reached out at the mare with his other hand catching the creature's horn letting the horn stab through his palm gripping tighter. The other hand swung low, aiming his wand right at the mare's throat, having finally gotten the point blank he wanted. "Bombarda!"

Eddren
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
The image of Nightmare Moon swirled around his attack, fading off like mist. It turned out that she had, in fact, predicted that he would go for her. Which is why the minions were to attack him, and this Nightmare Moon had not made a true attack. The true Nightmare Moon, however, appeared behind him after the illusion disappeared, horn glowing. His beard grey vines and branches and things, which formed it into a fist, which proceeded to ram into his face. "I believe you humans would say 'stop hitting yourself' right about now!"

SQJ
11-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Dumbledore's eyes watered at the impact of his own hand on his face but he'd never let go of his want. Hot white flame burst from every single pore in his body, the force of heat burning away and dispelling the hold upon him. The old man's calloused and gnarled fingers reformed into a fist. Dumbledore turned took a few sharp steps forwards using as much speed as he could muster before ramming Moon's nose.

Eddren
11-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Nightmare Moon laughed haughtily at the attack, face thrust into the air. So it was a complete surprise to her whenever Dumbledore walked up to her and unexpectedly punched her. PUNCHED her! What's more, almost obligingly, she simple sat down. Glaring from her sitting position, she brought her head down, aiming to give him a good bop for being so rude.

SQJ
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Dumbledore saw creature sit, it seemed clear that he's over played his hand by trying to use his fist take the creature down. He was too old for this but not too old to be finished, he saw the creature rise and drop his head at him. Dumbledore followed, rising and tilting his head up for a full on head butt, his wand flicking up with a forceful pushing spell aimed at the mare's torso.

Eddren
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Nightmare Moon flew into the air, but for an Alicorn, this was no trouble. Wings black as night spread out, and from her Horn sprouted a night far more terrifying than that of the natural. The stars disappeared, only to be replaced by ghastly faces, with wild eyes, fangs, and forked tongues. They reached out to grab him, only to have a black thunder-bolt strike.

SQJ
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
It was stunning to see the distortion of night and light all around him. Dumblebore screamed as the lighting struck his body but the effect didn't kill him as he'd managed to push the lighting through his body, leaving more of his robes charred and blackened. He flicked his wand and the lightning that had shot into the earth burst back up from the ground to where it came from.

Eddren
12-10-2012, 01:45 PM
There was a wild whinny, and Nightmare Moon plunged from the sky, her own weapon sparking from her until finally it shot from her horn into the ground. Landing, albeit unstably, she glared regally at Dumbledore before stumbling back two steps. This wizard will require an element of Nightmares the likes of which even the Elements of Harmony would shiver at!

SQJ
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Dumblure's breath was slow but heavy, fatigue, stealing the strength from him. He throw his head back taking heavy breathes as his want bean to spin faster and faster. The soil and rock beneath him rose up in spirals, growing in size until it surrounded him. A spark burst and igniting rock, flowing like a hurricane rising up and falling over nightmare moon. Dumbledore glared with haggard breath as the storm fell over his foe.

Eddren
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Nightmare Moon was unprepared for such a strong human. While she was sure he was incapable of dispelling her, as he was simply not an Element of Harmony, she did fear that his power would set her back another thousand years. This last attempt may well do the trick...Raising her horn, she turned the whirling mass of destruction this human had summoned around her into the image of an enormous, ghastly face, which pressed down to devour her foe, and if successful, give her much-needed strength.

Love Amore
12-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Dumbledore deflected this final attack and, in doing so, used the last of his energy. Nightmare Moon and Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore were evenly matched in the end, neither could muster the power for another attack and neither could have defended themselves. Accepting the draw with honor Dumbledore bowed to the mare and apperated back to his study.

Hi y'all, I'm Anna and I'll be your judge for this evening. You can be sure that I'll judge fairly and honestly and to the best of my abilities. May the best writer win!

Eddren's score:
Flow: 30/30
Susan: 25/30
Power: 30/30
Shazzam: 0/10

Pure's score:
Flow: 30/30
Susan: 27/30
Power: 30/30
Shazzam: 10/10 for post #25

This battle was a real joy to read, the combatants are two of my favorite characters and I loved seeing how you two put them together so well. You both did a great job with the characters but there is always a little room for improvment.

Edd: I love how all your attacks kept the energy of Nightmare Moon's source, but Nightmare moon is supposed to be really bitter, her bitterness is the reason for her evil and for her exile. Maybe in the future you could play that up a bit more. I really enjoyed post # 24, it almost won shazzam and if I could award shazzam twice or if Dumbledore hadn't responded the way he did it would have won.

Pure: What even is there to say? Characterization was fantastic, there is nothing to address on that front; except that from what we see of Dumbledore's battle techniques he doesn't go much for altering his surroundings but rather for direct attacks. I do like how Dumbledore was a more defensive and reactive fighter which I though suited him the best.

I can't get over how much fun this was to read! I hope to see and judge more from both of you in the future (maybe even a rematch... *hint hint*).

If you have any questions or concerns about my judging feel free to PM me :D