PDA

View Full Version : Prejudice of the Queen

nonangelic92
04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Queen Baji sat in the royal chambers debating with the men on her coucil. They wanted her to resign the throne so all of the assassination attempts would stop but she would not. She stood up, the men following suit, "Gentlemen please, I know you all care for my well-being but I am not and will not let these assassins win. Sure I may be a mere woman but I have the heart of a soldier and the mind of a king, and I am doing what my father would be doing in this situatuion. We will sit this out and see how it plays. Now if you'll excuse me, I am rather hungary and my appetiate grows." She left the room her lady-in-waiting following her. Baji beckoned her to her side, "I swear Mima those men would rather wrestle a pig then argue with me." Mima laughed, "Of course my lady. But you are their queen and you are at their mercy." Baji nodded " Aww of course my rank is higher then my gender."

Baji had her dinner brought to her in the parlor room, having wanted to enjoy the wonderful scenery outside her window. The taster took a small bite into the steak she was just survied and collapsed dead. Mima screamed, and Baji looked stun. The guards came running in, "Well finally the assassins have reached the inside of the castle." Baji exclaimed. She looked to the nearest guard, "Tell the council I want a meeting as soon as possible. Now!" The guard ran out of the room to full fill the order.

Tytun
04-17-2010, 04:46 AM
It was slightly difficult to infiltrate the castle walls, Menos noticed. Unlike most rulers, Queen Baji's guards were alert and numerous, as if they truly did expect an assassination attempt. For this, he was impressed as he and four other assassins sneaked into the interior walls of the palace. In essence, Menos knew that he could have easily handled this situation on his alone. Unfortunately, his masters insisted that these young assassins be allowed to join him in his endeavor. So far, he was satisfied with how they managed to keep up with him. Now, as they looked at each other silently, they took their separate ways.
Traversing the hallways and rooms unseen, Menos practically blended in with his surroundings. Taking this time to get familiar with the castle's surroundings, he happened to stumble upon the kitchen. Peering inside, he noticed how the more cocky of the young assassins planted poison into a meal.
"Fool," Menos thought to himself with a sigh. "Doesn't he know there are always food testers for royalty? ...This will end poorly."
Realizing that this action alone will cause an uproar, Menos quietly left the castle and exited the city. At this point, he assumed that the Queen would be taking measures to stop all assassins within the castle. If the young ones were smart, there wouldn't be any of their blood spilled.

nonangelic92
04-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Baji, along with her coucil and Mima, were surrounded by guards as they weren't into the council chambers. Baji stoodand beckon the others to sit. She turned her head to the head guard, " Find out who did this at once and have him hung." She looked back to her council. "Gentlemen of the council, as you may have learned already, assassins have breached the walls of the castle and had been very close to killing me but instead manged to successfully kill a food taster and anger me. As of now, I will be taking greater measures. I want double guards on all the walls and myself at all times. Is that understood?" The council men nodded, "Now gentlemen I have other things to attend t. Good day." Baji and guards followed her out, and were headed to the archery, for she needed to blow off some steam.

Tytun
04-17-2010, 09:22 PM
The three assassins carefully watched their target as she left the chamber and headed for the archery room. Immediately, they decided to take her out there, not taking the time to think things over. Entering the archery area from a secret way, they prepared to assassinate her here and now...

Meanwhile, Menos was found sitting several yards from the cities' entrance. Watching the sky with little care of his surroundings, he suddenly heard the sound of the castle's alarm. Seems like the others failed in their endeavor... Unfortunate.

nonangelic92
04-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Once Baji entered the room, first letting a few guards ahead of her, had the strange feelign she was being watched. She perpared her bow and her arrows and readied herself for the pratice. As she was about to shoot she saw a flash of something to her right and an assassin was running at her with somethig in his hand. A guard took out his sword and seared it into the assassin's stomach, Baji watched as the assassin's eyes went from red with hatred to black with shock and surprise. Just as her guard sat the assassin down to finish dying, another assassin came from behind the curtain weilding a sword made of thick steel. A guard pulled out his sword as clung it with the assassin's sword a few inches above Baji's face. Baji kneeled down and pulled out a small dagger and flung it at the assassin's throat, the man falling down dead instantly. Baji looked around and that seemed to be the last of the assassination attempts so far. Baji gathered her things and began to leave the archery room.

(( Hope you don't mind me taking acontrol of the two assassins))

Tytun
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
(No problem at all. I was hoping that they would die off honestly.)

After hearing the sound, Menos turned away from the kingdom and began traveling away. It seemed that he would have to wait for a while before he could complete the task given to him. In the meantime, he would have a place suitable to hide out in as he took a more thorough look around the castle's city. After a few minutes, he came across a small house, whose residents had left abandoned. Smirking silently, he checked the perimeter of the place and then entered.

nonangelic92
04-17-2010, 11:44 PM
As Baji and her guards were about to leave, an arrow whizzed past her head and hit the wood of the door. Baji turned around and saw an assassin reloading a bow. A guard pulled a dagger out from his sleeve and threw it at the man, killing him instantly. Baji sighed, "That's it. This is will end now." Baji walked back toward the council room and saw the council still conversing. She sat at the head of the meeting, "Gentlemen, just now three assassins had breached the castle and tried to kill me. If not for my men I would be dead. I have decided to take a vacation of sorts. Now I will not tell you were I will be going but in my absence I leave my most trusted advisor Kiashia." She motioned forth her advisor, "She will pretend to be me. IF any visitors arrive here, she will be wearing a face cloth th at only shows her eyes. If anyone askes her to remove it she will explain that she has a sickness and does not want anyone else infected. Now is that clear gentlemen. If anyone needs my help with things, my lady will send the note to me." baji stood up and took her leave, she then paused and turned to face her council, "If anyone disrespects Kiashia I will hear about it." Baji turned and left.

Later the day, Baji along with the help of Mima, sneaked out of the castle wearing peasant clothes. They walked the city streets as commoners. Baji sighed, "It just won't be the same, Mima. I mean I know how to work and do other thigns, but doing it after so many years of not actually doing anything, it will be hard." Mima laugh," I know my lad...sorry." Baji waved her hand, "Its alright. Just call me.....Soushia." Baji smiled," Well now I must be on my own." Baji took her bag from Mima and hugged her, "Thank you Mima. Your a loyal friend." Baji turned and traveled down the city streets looking for a placed to live.

Tytun
04-18-2010, 12:00 AM
After settling in the home, Menos decided that it would be best to travel back to the city. Changing his outfit a bit so that his assassin weaponry and cloth were hidden away somewhere, he headed into the city as an average citizen. As he looked around, he began to take in the sights, and escape routes, that the streets provided. He couldn't help but smirk at how easy it would be to perform the assassination. For now, though, he would have to wait.

nonangelic92
04-18-2010, 12:05 AM
As Baji was wondering the streets, taking in the sights since she was never actually allowed to wonder the streets of the city, and watching people and how they interacted, she accidently ran into a man. She fall on her butt and her bag opened up and clothing began to spill out. "Oh dear lord." She cried out, "I'm so sorry I should have watched where I was going." She got up and began to other her things. After she was finished, she looked to the man "Are you okay sir?" she asked kindly.

Tytun
04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Menos continued on until something caught his eye. Looking to his side, he noted a bakery which was giving off a pleasant aroma. As he turned to face ahead, he collided into a woman who immediately fell on her butt. As she picked up her stuff and replaced it into her bag, she asked if he was okay. Of course he was fine, but he felt he needed to make her feel at ease.
With a false smile, he replied, "I'm fine, miss. The question should be are YOU okay, though."

nonangelic92
04-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Baji smiled, "I'm fine, I may have hurt my romp but Im fine. Thank you for asking. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a place to live. I'm new to town." She walked around him and began to walk fown the street looking at everything and everyone.

Tytun
04-18-2010, 12:22 AM
As she left to find a place to live, Menos simply shrugged to himself. Just like him, she was new to town and therefore was looking for a place to live in. Moving on, he took in a bit more of the town before buying some supplies and left town again. Returning to 'his' home, he settled down and began cooking a small meal for himself.

nonangelic92
04-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Baji traveled the roads out of the city, she found a few nice farm houses that would have put her up for the night, but that was it, just the night. She found a small hut a mile or two from the road that looked worn from use. She noticed it was for travelers but she decided to make it her new home. She began cleaning the hut just as the sun went down. She pulled out a candle and lit it and continued to clean.

Tytun
04-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Menos finished cooking the meal he made and began eating. Once he was finished, he looked outside the window and took a look out at the scenery. The day had been an all-right failure, but at least he gained some intel from it. Sighing to himself, he moved over onto the bed and lied down. Tomorrow, he would recon again and hopefully get a better feeling for the city.

nonangelic92
04-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Baji sat on a cot she found in thecorner, tomorrow she could go back into town and by herself some food and some dishes and all the neccesary items of living in the country setting. She laid upong the bed and began thinking of her kingdom and soon after she began thinking of the castle then she fell asleep

Tytun
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Time passed on in a single blink, and Menos opened his eyes to the sound of the morning rooster. Getting up with a stretch, he cleaned himself up while he made a light breakfast. Knowing that today would be a long one, he packed light and made his way back to the city.

nonangelic92
04-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Baji smiled as she saw the sun raised. This was the first time in many many years that she had awoke and watched the sun rise. She got dressed and collected some belongings, today she would find work and buy a few things for her new found home.

As she entered the city, the place was already buzzed with activity. Vendors were opening their stalls, baker's were cutting fresh bread, and inn keepers were propostioning their best beds. Baji saw a opening for a cashier at one of the bakery's and decided to take up the job. Besides counting money was easy....right.

Tytun
04-21-2010, 03:12 AM
For a while, Menos continued to explore the town and by noon had a nearly perfect schematic in his mind. As he stopped to look up at the sun's position, he suddenly felt his stomach rumbling and placed a hand over it lightly.
"Seems like my body needs some nourishment," he said to himself before taking a look around.
After scanning for a moment, his eyes came across a bakery. Not particularly feeling the need for meat or fish at the time, he decided to make his way over there. Upon reaching the place, he almost immediately recognized the young woman behind the cashier as the same one from before.
Blinking for a single moment, he then walked up and said, "Didn't know you worked here."

nonangelic92
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Baji heard the voice ask and looked up. It was the guy from yesterday, the one she bumped into. She smiled, "Oh well hello. Yeah I just started this morning. Its actually a nice little job that doesn't require much and I like that." She stopped suddenly talking, "Sorry I'm a talker sometimes. So what can I get you? A fresh baked loaf of bread, a danish, or a fruit-filled pastry?" she asked kindly.

Tytun
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Menos listened to her words and, though he was not interested in the details, he faked the vision of seeming like he cared. "Ah, it's fine with me. Hmm... How about a loaf of bread for now?" Putting his hand into his pouch, he pulled out the necessary amount of coin to purchase said product.

nonangelic92
04-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Baji smiled, "Okay, let me get that for you." She pulled a fresh loaf of bread from the store room, wrapped it up and gave it to the man in exchange for his money. "Well there you are. I hope you enjoy the loaf and come back soon for another." she said and wiped off the counter, noticing that conversation with this man didn't seem to flow well.

Tytun
04-22-2010, 04:35 PM
As she handed over the loaf, Menos gently took it from her and replied, "Thank you, miss." After that, he took a seat nearby the store and began to eat it. Quite possibly tomorrow he would reinfiltrate the castle and finish the job.

nonangelic92
04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
By the time Baji noticed it was time to leave, the sun was about to set. She inwardly cursed herself for noone ever walks these streets after sun-down in fear of robbers, murderers, and the unknown. Baji bought a few items from the bakery and began to walk home.

After making it a few feet from the village, she was stopped by a bang of hooligans. "Please leave me alone. I'll give you money even food judt don't hurt me." she pleaded trying to act scared when really she was pissed off that these such things happen in her neck of the woods. One of the men smiled, " Now come on darlin', we ain't gonna hurt ya. Maybe rough you up a bit but not seriously hurt ya." They stalked towards her. Baji set her bakery items on the ground and pulled out a dagger from under her skirt, "If anyone of you get near me, I wil cut off your equipment, if ye get my drift."

Tytun
04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
After finishing his meal, Menos continued to overview for locations he might have missed earlier. By the time the town's layout was entirely implanted into his mind, the sun was nearly gone and he made the decision to return to his hideout. Along the way, he encountered a group of men surrounding a young woman wielding a dagger... A woman? It was her, again!

Sighing at this sight, he moved up and called out, "What is going on here? Why do you torment this woman?"

nonangelic92
04-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Baji looked and saw the man from the bakery. "Oh thank goodness. These men and I were just having a few words before you came along." THe man who seemed to be the leader looked at the man, " None of your business, This is between us and the woman. Go about ye way before ye get hurt."

Tytun
04-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Menos listened between the girl and the supposed leader of the bandit group. With a sigh, he then said, "Sorry, gentlemen. But I can't simply leave this woman alone to defend herself against five men. It's quite unfair."

Secretly, his left hand moved into his back pocket where his knife was hidden. "If you even blink, you're going to die," he told himself.

nonangelic92
04-24-2010, 10:53 PM
The leader smiled and blinked twice. Baji looked over at the man and the pack leader waiting to see what happens.

Tytun
04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
At the first blink, nothing happened at all. As soon as the leader blinked a second time, though, it was over. Within a single second, Menos had pulled his hidden dagger out and flung it with such speed and precision that it pierced into the leader's skull. Standing still to let the moment soak in, Menos then started to move toward the deceased body. That knife was his personal keepsake, and he wasn't about to let the blood of a tainted man tarnish its blade.

nonangelic92
04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Baji looked at the dead man's body and inwardly cringed. She looked up at the man who threw the dagger. This man must be a killer of sorts or a well defined dagger thrower. The hooligans stared at their leader's body and took off running, not wanting to get near this man and his daggers again. Baji walked up the the man, "Thank you oh so much sir. Please let me offer you seomthing to thank you humbly."

Tytun
04-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Menos bent down near the fallen corpse and easily pulled his dagger on of the body's face. Wiping the blood against the bandit's clothing, he cleaned it off before replacing it into his back pocket. Almost immediately, the woman was on him with thanks causing him to blink in surprise. "Ah, it was nothing, miss. After all, you gave me a great loaf of bread to eat earlier so that's all the thanks I need."
Inwardly, though, he told himself, "If you want to thank me, pretend you never saw this. I'd rather not be forced to take down an innocent witness..."

nonangelic92
04-28-2010, 01:14 AM
She smiled at the man, "Well still come in anytime to the store and I'll give you some things half off. Or come by my hut sometime and I'll give you a good home cooked mealed." She smiled, " I'm Soushia, whats your name?"

Tytun
04-28-2010, 01:52 AM
"Uh... Thank you for your hospitality, Soushia... My name is Menos, it's a pleasure to meet you." Deep down, he would have preferred to just leave at that point, but at that point his stomach rumbled. "Well, there went my possible cover..." "Seems like I'm hungry now..."

nonangelic92
04-28-2010, 01:55 AM
"Well, Menos, then lets go. I have a small chicken ready to be cooked and I have some bread and water bags at home. All we have to do is get there." She smiled and began walking hoping that he wold follow. Baji smiled to herself. She would surely send a nice donation his way when all was save and clear in the castle of course.

Tytun
04-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Honestly, he thought about three different possibilities: One, he could easily kill this woman here and now, avoiding a conscious about her later. Two, he could simply walk away and leave her alone. Or three, he could follow her. The second rumbling of his stomach, however, promptly forced him out of his choices, and he followed after her.

nonangelic92
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Baji didn't have to look behind her to know that Menos was coming. "So can I ask about yourself or are you a druid, going whereever the wind takes you?" she asked. As they walked, Baji couldn't help but think about what may be going on at the castle without her. She wished she had some way to get ahold of Mima.

Tytun
04-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Menos wasn't really paying attention to Soushia's question, but nevertheless he answered, "Can't say I'm a druid, but I do travel around quite a bit. After all, my job requires it." At that, he realized that he might have said too much and quickly thought up a lie.

nonangelic92
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Baji looked at Menos, " Well that must be one exciting job. I wish I had a job where I was allowed to wonder the world and see everyday people. But no, I have to work where highly powered men make most of my decisions for me." She looked up ahead of them and saw her hut and releaized she almost reveal herself to Menos. She looked back at Menos, "Home sweet home." she laughed.

Tytun
04-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Menos blinked at her comment, but hid his expression away when she turned to face him. Looking ahead of her, he saw that she lived in a small hut almost similar to the one he had commandeered. Smirking at her last statement, he then waited right by her door until she allowed her in.

nonangelic92
04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Baji set her things on her small cot, "Please come on in. Would you like anything I drink. I have a few bottles of whiskey and some water." Baji set to cooking the ckien over an open fire. She brought out two things of everything and waited for him toanswer.

Tytun
04-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Entering the small home, Menos took the first moment to look around. From first impressions, it was definitely a nice, cozy home. What particularly bothered Menos is how calm Soushia was being on the whole situation. He had just taken out a bandit lord with a single, precision strike with his dagger, and yet she was as calm and giddy as a jester. There was something off about the situation, and Menos noted to himself that he might be coming to this place again sometime later.
Hearing her question, he shook his hand gently, replying, "Ah, no thank you Soushia. I'm quite alright at the moment." Taking a second look around, he finally planted himself down in a chair by the table.

nonangelic92
04-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Baji turned the chicken over so it wouldn't burn. "Alright, then." She set to cutting a few potatoes for eachother. "So please tell me about yourself. It sounds like you have a job that you love dearly. I used to have a job like that." She looked down then met his eyes, "But that was long ago. Anyways can I ask what brought you to this town?"

Tytun
04-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Menos waited for her to face him before he made a notion of speaking. How much should he tell her? Hmm... How about going with a truth hidden in the lie? Twiddling his fingers about, he then said, "As a mercenary for hire, I do whatever my client asks. As for why I'm here, my client has instructed me to kill a certain someone here. I can't get into the details, as the client also instructed me to kill any witnesses or eavesdroppers. Saying that, I'd rather not have to kill innocent souls."

nonangelic92
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Baji nearly dropped a potatoe as Menos told her the truth as to why he was here. " Aww well that must be some special job." She rinsed off the potatoes that she was cutting, thinking this was probably an assassin sent to kill her. She nearly sliced her finger as she diced up the potatoes and put them in a pan, "Well I hope goes well. At least I hope the person that your killing isn't someone important unless you want a few guards on you." She smiled, hoping that this men would either hurry up and get her hint or the food would finish cooking and she coul dsend him on his way.

Tytun
04-30-2010, 08:51 PM
As soon as he had said this, Menos noted the difference in Soushia's stance. Stiff, cautious, less likely to be killed by surprise... But why was she so worried for? Something deep inside him nagged at his intelligence, though speculations are not enough to provide fact. "I suppose that really depends. If guards aren't present, my job becomes easier. If there are guards, however... well, that just makes it messier." Once that was said, he fell silent and remained seated.

nonangelic92
04-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Baji smiled but didn't turn around, "Are you saying this person should have more guards on his or her perimeter so that you won't kill them. But what if this person knows many skills, like archery or the art of swordfighting. How would you deal with that, especially if it was a woman? Could you handle a woman fighting you and destroying you?" she asked kindly as she finished the chicken and set it on a plate and brought it over to the table, "Well could you?"

Tytun
04-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Listening to Soushia's statements, it was becoming increasingly difficult to not cast the thought aside. "She seems to know more than was necessary... Perhaps... No, I will not press it." Of course, at her comment about the skills of the person and the possibility of it being a woman, he was fairly sure that she knew exactly who his target was. Letting her bring the chicken over to the table, he then said with a sigh, "Alright, fine... You obviously know who my clients have asked me to kill. So, let's be perfectly honest here... True, we've heard of her skills and her talents, as well as her garrison of guards. The thing is, none of it will matter if the timing is right. That's how it has always been operated, and the subordinates that were sent with me forgot that simple rule."

nonangelic92
04-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Baji smiled and was surpirsed that this man actually confessed to being an assassin to kill the queen, to kill her. "Well darling I'll let your know this. She has someone linked with the assassins that is giving her all the information that she needs.For example she knew about the assassins attacking last night and one or two may still be in town." Baji paused, she wasn't exactly lying but she was bluffing. Wait, she thought to herself, are those the same things but in different context. She shrugged to herself. "I know you may be wondering how I know this and I'll just say I have connections." Baji smiled, she would be glad once she put this man in prison espeically after just confessing to be plotting againest the queen.

Tytun
04-30-2010, 09:40 PM
...What was sad at this point was how obvious she had made it. "Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like it would be a difficult task. Still, I have it an interesting challenge to perform, and I've been known to accomplish the impossible." Standing up and walking to the door calmly without even touching the food she had provided, he then added, "Well, thank you for the meal and this lovely chat, but I must be off. Tomorrow will be the moment I complete my task, and I pray to the elements that my target is as prepared as possible." Turning to face, he then said, "Good night, fair Queen, and I hope that the next day will be your best," before walking out of the door and into the darkness of night. As soon as he did this, he practically vanished from sight and was gone.

nonangelic92
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Baji was inwardly stunned that a man as simple as that fair man has realized the most simple. She begin to gather her things when she heard heard someone bang on her hut door. She anwsered and saw Mima clutching her side. Baji looked down and saw that the girl was bleeding. " Mima what happened? It wasn't some hooligans that did this to you?" She set Mima on her bed and began to look at the wound. "No milady, I have come to warn you. The council will kill your replacement and take over the thrown. By tomorrow night, all over the land the queen will be dead and the council shall rule." she said as her breathing began to become shallow and her eyes began to drupe. Baji shaked the girl gently, "Mima don't you dare die on me. What else, what else can you tell me?" Mima placed a hand on Baji's shoulder and uttered the final words, "The assassin's were sent by the council."

Baji looked at the dead girl's body. She closed the dead girls eyes and placed a blanket over her. Great, she thought, assassins are after me and all because of my own men. She inwardly kicked herself for not noticing the signs sooner. She would have to find the one man who could help her. She would hvae to pay him much more then her men were paying her or else or plan wouldn't work. That man was.............Menos.

Tytun
05-01-2010, 04:05 AM
The next day slowly came by, and Menos had already geared up and vacated the lonely home in the wee hours of the morning. He had a job to complete, and he would see it through. Weaving quietly and unseen through the crowd, he made his way into the back alley near the castle and watched. Something inside told him to stop for other reasons, but he simply converged this reasoning into locating a gap in the guard defenses. As before, the guard line was impressive and much bigger than last time. Still, there was the same issue that the guards didn't seem to understand. Waiting for his chance, Menos made his move and began scaling the wall.

nonangelic92
05-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Baji had past the castle walls numerious times trying to figure out a way to find Menos and have him stop her council. She has just circled around the castle another time when she saw Menos scampering up the side of the wall. Figures he would find an area where her guards would certainly not be at, especially at this time of the hour. She pulled out a bow and shot the arrow, hitting it next to Meno's hand. She looked up, " You know there is a much easier way to get in." She flashed her hand, showing off her ring with her crest in it, " Besides I must chat with you."

Tytun
05-01-2010, 11:31 PM
As he scaled the wall, a tiny sound caught his ear. In the split second he heard it, he immediately knew what was coming and quickly pulled out his hidden blade. As he turned around to deflect the arrow, he noticed that it only connected the wall next to where his other hand was and he stopped his turn. Looking down, he saw Soushia, or he should say Queen Baji, standing in plain view. This... was interesting. He could simply take her out right now and get back to his group, and... wait... she wanted to talk? A trap, perhaps? No... there was something else...
Dropping to the ground quietly and unharmed, he calmly walked over to her, his hidden blade visible. Stopping when he was about 7 feet from her, he calmly said, "Never before have I encountered such a target that would wish to talk to her assailant before her death. ...which either means this is a trap you've set up, or you have an important reason to do so."

nonangelic92
05-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Baji smiled, " My father always said I was adventurious, especially faced with a challenge. I actually have a few questions for you, Menos. First the men who hired were from my council, correct? And I would like to hire you, and pay you more then your client is willing to pay." Baji pulled out a small bag and juggled it between her hands, "In this bag is about 1,000 gold pieces. I will pay you any amount you wish and give you any piece of land that is owned by me."

Tytun
05-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Menos listened to her words carefully while keeping an expressionless face. When she spoke about 'hiring' him with whatever he wanted, Menos began walking forward again. As he was right on her, his hidden blade sheathed itself up and his hand went up towards the bag. Instead of gripping it, however, he suddenly and forcefully grabbed her arm. Immediately his other hand came up and gripped her other arm tightly and, turning her to the right and pushing her back, he pressed her against the back of a building. Placing his left leg in between hers and using his right foot to hold her left leg in place, he effectively had her in his grasp with a very low probability of escape.
"Listen, Baji..." he said with his voice dark and softly angered, "It's true that your own men hired us to take you out. While your request is understandable, I am a loyal assassin to my guild. If you're wanting to buy me out, you will give my guild your offerings and plea, not me. With that said," he finished as his grip grew even tighter, "don't you ever attempt to bribe me personally again." With that last statement said, he thrust her to the side, potentially toppling her to the ground. Whatever occurred, he then turned and began to walk away.

nonangelic92
05-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Baji stood and brushed herself off, "Well sorry I had no idea there are rules for assassins." anger and sarcasm hinted in her voice. She pulled a dagger from her boot and aimed it at Menos and flund the dagger, it missed his shoulder by an inch. "If you ever touch me again or think about touching I will not miss again." Baji backed away slowly, her anger growing with each step she took.

Tytun
05-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Menos couldn't help but laugh inside... Here the Queen was, out in the open with no support, and now she was initiating battle with a feeble attempt of a threat. Looking ahead calmly, his flash of irritation gone by now, he heard the sound of a dagger being flung. He could have easily dodged it if he wanted to, but by judging the sound of the dagger through the air, he didn't need to as the dagger flew over his shoulder. He had to admit, though, the aim was too canny to have missed on purpose. This, however, only made him laugh more inside. "You're threats need a bit more improvement, your Majesty," he commented. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to locate a perch for the nearing assassination." He then turned the corner and vanished from sight.

nonangelic92
05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Baji's anger was nearign the point of not going back. She walked the oppisted way Meno went and ran into a guard. She smiled as she thought of an idea. She flashed her royal ring at the guard and bribed him. She smiled, men were so greedy she thought. She entered her bedchambers to find her replacement, Kashia fast alseep. She clapped her hands loudly, "Well at least you get to sleep well. I haven't slept a good night sleep since I was little." Kashia sprang out of bed, "Hello milady. Your back so soon." Baji wavered her hand and took to finding some better clothes, "Well I had learned of an assassin attempt and couldnt let you die." Baji pulled out a pair of dark grey woman trousers and a lgith grey blouse and a pair of black slippers, "Now leave I must change andtalk with my council." Kashia obeyed then Baji got dressed.

After gettign dressed, Baji attached a sword to her hip and put a dagger into each boot. She walked down the hall to her council room. Her council were talking excitedly. She entered the room, clapping. "Well done men well done. I see that while I've been away playing you have decided to hatch a plan to assassinate me. Well its not gonna work. You see I have found your assassin and I know him." She sat at the head of the council room, she snapped her fingers, a errand boy appearing a moment later. She turned to the head councilmen, "Give the boy the name and the address of the assassin group now." The councilmen stumbled over the address and the queen looked over tot he boy. "Tell them that the queen would like to buy double the offer that her councilmen are offering andany land that I own. Is that clear?" The boy nodded and off he went. The queen smiled, "Now back to business."

Tytun
05-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Traversing the halls wasn't difficult at all. After all, the guards were mostly on the outer wall and thus left the greatest opening for Menos to exploit. After a bit of moving about, he eventually found a ledge so well hidden that he was perfectly hidden from sight. What was better was that this high perch actually traveled into several rooms and thus gave him easy access to the main rooms of the castle. As he traversed this perch, he came upon a conversation by the Queen and her councilmen. Here it was, the moment that would end this job once and for all...

As he listened to the Queen's words, he couldn't help but smirk at her act. She thought she was being tough and all high-and-mighty by confronting her betrayers with the knowledge of an assassin. Heh, if only she knew the true reason for why she wasn't dead now... As luck seemed to be on the Queen's side, the councilmen had requested that her assassination would occur at the moment the sun disappeared on the horizon. With that said, Menos was to wait until night before striking. If Baji continued this way, she might actually prevent her own death. Of course, that all depended on if the messenger boy managed to get the message over in time...

nonangelic92
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
The messenger boy raced across the town, his horse's heartbeat racing as his was. He hoped his queen would be okay as he went to delay her message.

Baji glared at her councilmen. She looked to her guards, "Take them away and put them into a holding cell. No matter what means, don't let them out. And if you catch an assassin bring him to me at once." Baji wavered her hand for the gaurds to take her councilmen and made her way to her room. She sat upon her bed, her weapons at the ready just encase Menos decided to carry out the assassination.

Tytun
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Menos watched the ending confrontation from his perch, eying the guards as they took the councilmen to the holding cells. At the same time, he watched as Baji left the main chamber and followed her from the long perch as she moved down the hall. As soon as she entered a room, Menos dropped silently from his perch into the royal hall. It was highly probable that she was expecting him to kill her, so he wished to provide her another challenge. Knocking on the door twice, he then entered the room closing the door behind him quietly. Instead of going straight for her, however, he moved to the wall directly across the room from her bed and leaned against it.
Standing there for a few moments, he then said, "I see you've taken care of those that have betrayed you."

nonangelic92
05-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Baji stared at Menos, she was surprised by his new take on the situation. "For now, you can say. But as of others, for Im sure they are out there, I still need to find them." She gestured towards a chair for him to sit, " Now til my messenger boy arrives back, shall we discuss just how you plan to kill me or will you surprise me?"

The messenger boy arrived at the address the councilmen told him of, and he pounded upon the door, eagerly hoping someone would answer.

Tytun
05-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Menos looked down for a moment, a smirk on his face. Gazing back at her, he then said, "Now why would you want to talk about something so morbid? I'll tell you this much, though... If your messenger boy doesn't get the new orders by the time the sun disappears over the horizon, then you'll see your fate soon. For now, though, let's talk about something different. A question that has been on my mind for some time, though I... never get the chance to ask my special victims. What is it like running a kingdom as a Queen?"

The door slowly opened, and an old man calmly appeared. Looking down at the young boy, he simply stared for a single moment and then held his hand out for the letter. The kid was obviously the messenger for something urgent, and he was curious to see what.

nonangelic92
05-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Baji tilted her head side ways, " Well, its tiring yet fun. Impossible but possible. In all the truth, I love it but hate it. Especially when people come to me bearing gifts so I may take care of their young or help heal their sick or talk to the gods above so that they can have a great harvest. If anyone knew that being Queen was a terrible fate, I would never wish it upon my enemy." She sat down and pulled out a dagger, "So why don't we talk about you for a change."

The boy handed the old man the letter and waited eager to rely the old man's message back to the queen.

Tytun
05-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Nodding since he was appeased with her answer, Menos lifted an eyebrow up as Baji took out a dagger. "Very well, ask away." he said in his calm tone. "I warn you, though: I have the right to not reveal any information I deem so to you."

The old man gently took the letter and slowly opened it up. As soon as he was reading it, his eyes seemed to glint for a moment before he vanished back inside. A few minutes passed and he returned to the boy. In his hand were two different letters bearing the Assassin symbol. Telling the young one to give the beige one to his Queen and the black one to the man sitting in her room with her, he sent the boy on his way.

nonangelic92
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
The messenger galloped back towards the castle as fast as his horse could carry him. He nearly ran over some merchants as he entered the castle walls.

Baji nodded, "What made you want to become an assassin? Perhaps something in your past or someone in your family hurt you to a point that there was no going back? Or perhaps a lover wronged you somehow and you are just seeking revenge?" she asked curiously.

Tytun
05-19-2010, 06:07 AM
For a moment, Menos remained perfectly silent. Standing straight, he slowly walked around the room to a large window door and opened it to let in the outside breeze. "Not all assassins join to be instruments of vengeance, Baji. Some join for the sole determination of doing what is right, while others come for the simple thrill of the kill. But to answer your question correctly, none of those reasons are true." Looking out into the town below, he then continued, "I was born an assassin, or so I would rather believe. My master, an elderly man, found me as a lonely child and took me into his care. During that time, he saw the flame of potential in me and thus trained me to become one with the shadows. In the end, I began his most prized and talented pupil. So, I am an assassin because that's what fate chose for me, as it did with making you a queen."

nonangelic92
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Baji nodded, " Yes but as many can tell you Menos, fate is for those who are week enough not to take control of their own destiny. Sure I complain but I want to be queen for the most part. Especially being a queen that won't marry. I mainly don't marry just to get a rise out of all of the other nations. My people are fine with the fact that I haven't married yet, for a man turns to war but a woman turns to solutions." She smiled thoughfully.
The messenger boy burst into the room of the queen and gave both the queen and the man their designated letters. He walked out with his back to the door hoping that he had truelly got there in time.

Tytun
05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Menos simply sighed as he continued to gaze out into the town. Suddenly, the door burst opened and the messenger boy entered. Receiving his letter, Menos noted on who wrote it and immediately unveiled it. Reading the message, he smirked to himself. He had to give his master credit. After all, he had known practically every step Menos would have taken in the entire scenario.

In Baji's letter, the message stated that she may call off her own assassination. The price was simple; Provide the amount that Menos was owed for the target, as well as compensation for fieldwork. Second, return the items and bodies of the dead assassins to the same address. Land was not required by them, but the letter did suggest the possibility of a truce between Baji's kingdom and the Assassin's Guild.

nonangelic92
05-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Baji sighed reliefed as she read upon the letter. " Well it seems that my assassination is called off for the most part. As for the letter I am to return the dead assassins to the guild and make a act of truce between the kingdom and the guild, which I can do." A guard suddenly burst into the room. "Sorry for the disturbance my queen but the traitors have escaped. I suspect that they had help." Baji turned towards Menos, "This better not have been a diversion." she spoke referring to the conversation between them and followed the guard out.

Tytun
05-21-2010, 08:38 PM
It was obvious to Menos why the old man wished for the failed ones to be returned, but he preferred to keep that as a 'need-to-know' basis. Upon hearing that the men who had hired him had escaped, his first thought was wondering how they had managed to pull it off. Shrugging the thought off, Menos then replied, "You killed my other accomplices. Whoever helped him is not one of us." As Baji left the room with the guard, he contemplated about whether he should follow or not. Eventually, though, he walked out of the room and caught up with them.

nonangelic92
05-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Baji's head was whirlling. First her men become traitors then they escape, how in the hell did those old bags bull that off she thought. Baji turned her head to one of the uards walking with her, "Tell all of the staff and everyone in the castle to remain here. I want everyone in the throne room now." The guard took off runnng, telling everyone in sight about the meeting in the throne room. Baji ushered Menos forward. "Since we are buddies now, I will need your help in identifing the person who helped these traiors escape. Are you with me?" she asked concern

Tytun
05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Menos followed behind the two, simply remaining silent. Apparently, it was a real big deal to find the Queen's 'traitors'. Now, since he had been switched over to working for the Queen, he had to make sure she stayed alive. Interesting how an assassination mission somehow becomes bodyguard duty... When she asked for his help, it almost felt like she was for him to be her personal adviser. Nodding once, he said, "Very well."

nonangelic92
05-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Baji smiled, "Good." They entered the throne room, all of the servants were in the all. She stood before them. " There is a traitor among you. This person or persons have helped other traitors with an attempt on my life. If anyone had any information please tell me or anything of the guards who will report it back to me." Baji waved her hand," That will be all." Baji sat upon her throne and held her head in her hands, thinking of what to do next.

Tytun
05-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Menos followed Baji into the throne room and stood silently next to her as she spoke to her servants. Once again, she was direct and blunt, as if challenging the traitor to show his or herself. As he looked around the hall at the individual people, he noticed different looks upon their faces. The most obvious one was confusion, the look that defined the servants who didn't even know she had original traitors amongst her midst. The next obvious was surprise, from the servants who knew about the councilmen but didn't think anyone would help them escape. There were mixed looks upon the remaining faces, but one in particular caught his attention. The servant seemed to be surprised, more so than he should have, and his focus seemed to shift around to the others. Could he know who did it? Or perhaps he was the traitor? Menos smirked to himself as the servants were dismissed, before looking down at Baji to see what she was going to do next.

nonangelic92
05-28-2010, 01:41 AM
"Am I truelly worth this much trouble?" Baji spoke aloud, " All I want to do is grow old and lead my country well. Is that too much to ask for? Menos, I want you to use your skills and listen in to conversations around the castle and the town, maybe someone has heard something." She motioned for a servant, "Bring me a glass of wine please and make it quick." The girl ran for the kitchen, not wanting to anger her queen.

Tytun
05-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Menos nodded his head calmly to the Queen's request and he walked out of the room. Looking around for a moment, he moved into a small room nearby and changed into a different outfit. With this get up, he could walk among the other servant without attracting any worry. Leaving the room, he began looking around the area, listening to each conversation. Of course, most of it was all simply banter and nothing of use. That is, until he came across the same servant from before... Stopping around the corner, Menos carefully watched him doing his usual work. Particularly interested in this guy, the assassin followed the servant around to see if he would eventually speak traitorous words.