PDA

View Full Version : TLM Fight Arenas [Incomplete]

Eddren
10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Vergil knelt within the black, angular room in a predictably dramatic pose, staring down at the floor beneath him. Down at his reflection. Stabbing Yamato through it, the devil stood, looking around before calling out "Come, brother. I thought you'd want to see me after being apart for so long."

8 Bit Hero
10-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Vergil knelt within the black, angular room in a predictably dramatic pose, staring down at the floor beneath him. Down at his reflection. Stabbing Yamato through it, the devil stood, looking around before calling out "Come, brother. I thought you'd want to see me after being apart for so long."

A loud crashing and grinding noise echoed throughout the building, as the wing of one of the T fighters grinds against a wall. Dante standing upon the now sliding mass of metal. “Well Brother, I guess we could get this party started!” Dante's Hand would be gripping his gun.

Eddren
10-10-2012, 12:04 AM
A loud crashing and grinding noise echoed throughout the building, as the wing of one of the T fighters grinds against a wall. Dante standing upon the now sliding mass of metal. “Well Brother, I guess we could get this party started!” Dante's Hand would be gripping his gun.

Vergil shook his head, before spinning his sword, the reflection of light making it seem as though it were a shield of water. "Brother, those cost a good deal-" Closing the distance with an Air Trick, he appeared behind Dante, spinning to the right in a cleaving motion. "-Be careful!"

8 Bit Hero
10-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Vergil shook his head, before spinning his sword, the reflection of light making it seem as though it were a shield of water. "Brother, those cost a good deal-" Closing the distance with an Air Trick, he appeared behind Dante, spinning to the right in a cleaving motion. "-Be careful!"

Dante would swiftly grip rebellion by its handle drawing it just enough to block the quick blade attack. “well now you want us to, begin our little play?” Dante with his free left hand would point Ivory directly at Vergil’s face.

Eddren
10-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Dante would swiftly grip rebellion by its handle drawing it just enough to block the quick blade attack. “well now you want us to, begin our little play?” Dante with his free left hand would point Ivory directly at Vergil’s face.

A summoned sword aimed itself for Dante's own throat, but he made no move to dodge the gun stuck in his face--This part of the fight was really just token. "I'm just so excited, I don't think I can wait any longer."

8 Bit Hero
10-10-2012, 12:31 AM
A summoned sword aimed itself for Dante's own throat, but he made no move to dodge the gun stuck in his face--This part of the fight was really just token. "I'm just so excited, I don't think I can wait any longer."

Dante could do nothing more then smile “I didn't know you cared,” With that the trigger on the gun would be pulled releasing a bullet point blank into Vergil’s head, as the summoned sword would probably slice into Dante’s neck. Blood now covering Dante as he puts away his gun.

Eddren
10-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Dante could do nothing more then smile “I didn't know you cared,” With that the trigger on the gun would be pulled releasing a bullet point blank into Vergil’s head, as the summoned sword would probably slice into Dante’s neck. Blood now covering Dante as he puts away his gun.

The bullet had indeed hit its' mark--Which for a Devil, wasn't that big a deal. As the wound healed, he threw himself to the left even as his Summoned Sword plunged downward, blood splashing outward from its' brief contact with Dante. Whirling about, Vergil smiled. The battle had begun.

8 Bit Hero
10-10-2012, 12:58 AM
The bullet had indeed hit its' mark--Which for a Devil, wasn't that big a deal. As the wound healed, he threw himself to the left even as his Summoned Sword plunged downward, blood splashing outward from its' brief contact with Dante. Whirling about, Vergil smiled. The battle had begun.

Dante would smirk and pull out Pandora he would slam Pandora to the ground, the mystical box turning into its Gatling gun form,”Lets dance brother!” The gun would fire many bullets very quickly towards Vergil hoping to make him into swiss cheese.

Eddren
10-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Dante would smirk and pull out Pandora he would slam Pandora to the ground, the mystical box turning into its Gatling gun form,”Lets dance brother!” The gun would fire many bullets very quickly towards Vergil hoping to make him into swiss cheese.

Of course, Vergil was too quick for that. Air-Tricking into the sky, he summoned several swords before hurling them at Dante.

8 Bit Hero
10-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Of course, Vergil was too quick for that. Air-Tricking into the sky, he summoned several swords before hurling them at Dante.

Dante would pull out Cerberus, swinging the tri-chucks back and forth blocking each sword while doing back flips. Then he would slam the ground with Cerberus causing a large spike of ice to shoot up at vergil aiming to impale him.

Eddren
10-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Dante would pull out Cerberus, swinging the tri-chucks back and forth blocking each sword while doing back flips. Then he would slam the ground with Cerberus causing a large spike of ice to shoot up at vergil aiming to impale him.

Vergil Air-tricked backward, cutting the spike in half before taking a step backward, hand on Yamato before slashing outward and re-sheathing, faster than the human eye could follow. A distorted cut shot at Dante, balls of distorted energy soon following.

((Don't forget, you can auto-hit me, and I won't auto-hit you until you've done so.))

8 Bit Hero
10-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Vergil Air-tricked backward, cutting the spike in half before taking a step backward, hand on Yamato before slashing outward and re-sheathing, faster than the human eye could follow. A distorted cut shot at Dante, balls of distorted energy soon following.

Dante would be sliced, but it would simply send him flying back. Dante would roll back wards drawing the legendary gun Artimis, he would launch a strange orb of purple energy into the air which in turn would cause it to rain purple energy arrows.

Eddren
10-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Dante would be sliced, but it would simply send him flying back. Dante would roll back wards drawing the legendary gun Artimis, he would launch a strange orb of purple energy into the air which in turn would cause it to rain purple energy arrows.

Vergil spun his sword, knocking away a good many arrows, only to have a few arc around from the sides to give him a prick to the kidneys. As they disappeared, Vergil shook his head, summoning a rain of swords before letting it loose at Dante.

8 Bit Hero
10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Vergil spun his sword, knocking away a good many arrows, only to have a few arc around from the sides to give him a prick to the kidneys. As they disappeared, Vergil shook his head, summoning a rain of swords before letting it loose at Dante.

Dante couldn't hold in his excitement anymore as he drew his twin guns ebony and ivory, he then let loose a volley of shots, form the guns each bullet hitting a different magical sword shattering it. Dante then looked back to Vergil “you can do better then that can't you?”

Eddren
10-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Dante couldn't hold in his excitement anymore as he drew his twin guns ebony and ivory, he then let loose a volley of shots, form the guns each bullet hitting a different magical sword shattering it. Dante then looked back to Vergil “you can do better then that can't you?”

Vergil chuckled. "I could, but I wouldn't want to crush my dear brother so quickly." Still...Taking a step back, he summoned a volley of swords again, hurling them mentally at Dante before slashing outward with his Katana, forming another Dimensional rift.

8 Bit Hero
10-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Vergil chuckled. "I could, but I wouldn't want to crush my dear brother so quickly." Still...Taking a step back, he summoned a volley of swords again, hurling them mentally at Dante before slashing outward with his Katana, forming another Dimensional rift.

Using his trickster style Dante would nearly avoid all of Vergil’s attacks in an acrobatic display, of course ending it with a bow. Dante would then shake his head "Time to Rock!" A strange guitar formed into Dante's hands, Dante quickly strummed it causing streams of lighting arcing towards Vergil.

Eddren
10-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Using his trickster style Dante would nearly avoid all of Vergil’s attacks in an acrobatic display, of course ending it with a bow. Dante would then shake his head "Time to Rock!" A strange guitar formed into Dante's hands, Dante quickly strummed it causing streams of lighting arcing towards Vergil.

Vergil was not, of course, capable of instantaneous reactions, so was singed by the lightning. However, this did little to stop him from Air-tricking three times, each to a new side of Dante; front, uppercut. Back, lunge. Left and up, a falling smash.

8 Bit Hero
10-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Vergil was not, of course, capable of instantaneous reactions, so was singed by the lightning. However, this did little to stop him from Air-tricking three times, each to a new side of Dante; front, uppercut. Back, lunge. Left and up, a falling smash.

Dante surprised by the quick assault would attempt to avoid the first to attacks, just getting grazed by them. The final smash would send Dante into the glossy metal floor leaving a semi large dent. Dante would slowly stand up and smirk. "Now that's more like it!"

Eddren
10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Dante surprised by the quick assault would attempt to avoid the first to attacks, just getting grazed by them. The final smash would send Dante into the glossy metal floor leaving a semi large dent. Dante would slowly stand up and smirk. "Now that's more like it!"

"You know how it is." Vergil raised Yamato, preparing for another vicious assault, "Music really gets my blood pumping." The mark in the floor was likely the first mark of a serious battle. Perhaps they'd finally get to the real battle soon...It seemed to Vergil that they were moving entirely too slow. Odd.

8 Bit Hero
10-13-2012, 02:36 AM
"You know how it is." Vergil raised Yamato, preparing for another vicious assault, "Music really gets my blood pumping." The mark in the floor was likely the first mark of a serious battle. Perhaps they'd finally get to the real battle soon...It seemed to Vergil that they were moving entirely too slow. Odd.

Dante would quickly hop up as a strange light would fill his hands and feet, the legendary gauntlets and grieves known as beo-wolf would appear upon the man. Dante would then using in-human speeds send a fast barrage of punches into Vergil's chest. These punches would hold a small explosion

Eddren
10-13-2012, 04:22 PM
While capable of deflecting a few of these blows with Yamato, Vergil could not block every strike and so, with a bang, he was sent flying back. Flipping Yamato downward, Vergil managed to slow his descent...Standing, he smirked. "How about we fight with our true power?"

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 02:36 AM
While capable of deflecting a few of these blows with Yamato, Vergil could not block every strike and so, with a bang, he was sent flying back. Flipping Yamato downward, Vergil managed to slow his descent...Standing, he smirked. "How about we fight with our true power?"

Dante would slowly walk towards Vergil, he would stop hearing his brothers words. "Why don't you make me?" Dante would then charge up energy in his right beo-wolf sending out a large energy orb that would explode on contact at Vergil.

Eddren
10-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Dante would slowly walk towards Vergil, he would stop hearing his brothers words. "Why don't you make me?" Dante would then charge up energy in his right beo-wolf sending out a large energy orb that would explode on contact at Vergil.

It would explode upon contact, indeed. Far behind Vergil, however, as he air-tricked into the air. Releasing his Devil Trigger, time seemed to move in slow motion, as he air-tricked in front of Dante, slashing once, twice, three times before air-tricking past him. Skidding to a halt, he was already summoning up Summoned Swords; twenty in all. Sending the barrage at Dante, he Air-tricked back in front of him, delivering a point-blank Dimensional Rift.

((Time to take advantage of that 75 word limit. :P))

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 02:54 AM
It would explode upon contact, indeed. Far behind Vergil, however, as he air-tricked into the air. Releasing his Devil Trigger, time seemed to move in slow motion, as he air-tricked in front of Dante, slashing once, twice, three times before air-tricking past him. Skidding to a halt, he was already summoning up Summoned Swords; twenty in all. Sending the barrage at Dante, he Air-tricked back in front of him, delivering a point-blank Dimensional Rift.

((Time to take advantage of that 75 word limit. :P))

Dante would take on this entire barrage, Dante now covered in blood from the entire assault, standing there like a statue. A smile would form across his face as his devil trigger would activate. In a deep dark sounding voice “NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!” Dante would then dash towards like a rocket being lit rebellion in his hand aimed to stab right through Vergil.

Eddren
10-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Dante would take on this entire barrage, Dante now covered in blood from the entire assault, standing there like a statue. A smile would form across his face as his devil trigger would activate. In a deep dark sounding voice “NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!” Dante would then dash towards like a rocket being lit rebellion in his hand aimed to stab right through Vergil.

It did, of course, stab through him. Bullets ripped up and outward through his body, as Dante presumably pulled the trigger...Though it may have just been the electricity pulsing through the two beings. Raising Yamato, he pointed it at his brother, surrounding his arm with yet more Summoned Swords. Letting them loose, he allowed for his Katana to fly for the Devils' shoulder.

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 03:27 AM
It did, of course, stab through him. Bullets ripped up and outward through his body, as Dante presumably pulled the trigger...Though it may have just been the electricity pulsing through the two beings. Raising Yamato, he pointed it at his brother, surrounding his arm with yet more Summoned Swords. Letting them loose, he allowed for his Katana to fly for the Devils' shoulder.

Dante would take the stab grabbing Vergil by his arm as Gilgamesh would form upon him. The saw like armor would start to cut into anything it touched. Dante would while still holding Vergil slam him into the cold metal ground. "Now your starting to piss me off!”

Eddren
10-14-2012, 03:38 AM
Dante would take the stab grabbing Vergil by his arm as Gilgamesh would form upon him. The saw like armor would start to cut into anything it touched. Dante would while still holding Vergil slam him into the cold metal ground. "Now your starting to piss me off!”

Vergil outwardly laughed, but said nothing else. "Bastard!" At least, not until his arm started getting sawed off. Rotating Yamato, he slashed it downward, looking to remove Dante's other arm so that his own might be spared. Even as this was done, summoned swords appeared in a swarm, each stabbing downward into his back on-by-one. This close, however, there could be no dimensional rift; it would be a bloody brawl.

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Vergil outwardly laughed, but said nothing else. "Bastard!" At least, not until his arm started getting sawed off. Rotating Yamato, he slashed it downward, looking to remove Dante's other arm so that his own might be spared. Even as this was done, summoned swords appeared in a swarm, each stabbing downward into his back on-by-one. This close, however, there could be no dimensional rift; it would be a bloody brawl.

Dante would smirk as his Doppelganger power would activated a perfect demonic copy of Dante would be standing right behind Vergil and would shove its Gilgamesh covered hand right through Vergil's stomach pulling out a few ribs from his chest and crushing them. Dante meanwhile would kick Vergil back being struck by a few of the summoning swords.

Eddren
10-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Dante would smirk as his Doppelganger power would activated a perfect demonic copy of Dante would be standing right behind Vergil and would shove its Gilgamesh covered hand right through Vergil's stomach pulling out a few ribs from his chest and crushing them. Dante meanwhile would kick Vergil back being struck by a few of the summoning swords.

Reaching into his own wound, Vergil would growl before grabbing the crushed ribs, pulling them free of his body. Air-tricking behind Dantes' shadow-clone, he stabbed them into it before Air-tricking in front of Dante, split-second slashing. It was both a direct assault and a dimensional rift before air-tricking backward and sending another Dimensional rift at him.

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 04:57 AM
Reaching into his own wound, Vergil would growl before grabbing the crushed ribs, pulling them free of his body. Air-tricking behind Dantes' shadow-clone, he stabbed them into it before Air-tricking in front of Dante, split-second slashing. It was both a direct assault and a dimensional rift before air-tricking backward and sending another Dimensional rift at him.

As the hits strike Dante, Gilgamesh vanishes, and Lucifer appears upon Dante's back. Dante was done fooling around with his brother, ethereal red blades would spike out in every direction around Dante, aimed at piercing into Vergil. They would stay and float in mid air as-well.

Eddren
10-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Vergils' own Summoned Swords would loom in the air around them. He put his hand on the hilt of his sword, which he had once again sheathed, for use of Yamatos' power. Staring into the eyes of his brother, he mentally smirked. And so I have the advantage again, brother. He made as if to slash outward, bringing Yamato just out of its' sheath before air-tricking backward and completing the technique.

- - - Updated - - -

As the hits strike Dante, Gilgamesh vanishes, and Lucifer appears upon Dante's back. Dante was done fooling around with his brother, ethereal red blades would spike out in every direction around Dante, aimed at piercing into Vergil. They would stay and float in mid air as-well.

Vergils' own Summoned Swords would loom in the air around them. He put his hand on the hilt of his sword, which he had once again sheathed, for use of Yamatos' power. Staring into the eyes of his brother, he mentally smirked. And so I have the advantage again, brother. He made as if to slash outward, bringing Yamato just out of its' sheath before air-tricking backward and completing the technique.

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 05:41 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Dante would smile as every single one of the ethereal blades exploded into a massive explosion. These explosions would be very dangerous, for Vergil but for some reason would have no effect on Dante. This would happen right after they were all formed.

Eddren
10-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Dante would smile as every single one of the ethereal blades exploded into a massive explosion. These explosions would be very dangerous, for Vergil but for some reason would have no effect on Dante. This would happen right after they were all formed.

It was fortunate that Vergil had air-tricked backward when he did. Had he been in the center, it would have been nigh-certain death. As it was, the explosions propelled him forward, past Dante. On the way, his brother coughed up a bit of blood, but waited until...Now. Just as he passed by Dante, a Summoned Sword appeared directly behind him, stabbing into the mans back. Vergil, however, allowed the momentum to carry him away.

8 Bit Hero
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
It was fortunate that Vergil had air-tricked backward when he did. Had he been in the center, it would have been nigh-certain death. As it was, the explosions propelled him forward, past Dante. On the way, his brother coughed up a bit of blood, but waited until...Now. Just as he passed by Dante, a Summoned Sword appeared directly behind him, stabbing into the mans back. Vergil, however, allowed the momentum to carry him away.

Not giving a rip Dante would take the summoned sword to the back only to draw Ebony and Ivory, charging them with demonic energy as the released 2 massive energy blasts towards the flying Vergil. These explosive Energy blasts would cause massive explosions.

Eddren
10-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Vergil half-turned, letting loose a Dimensional Rift at the two shots. Instead of alleviating the explosion, it multiplied it, causing the explosion to spread tenfold across the battlefield. Quickly air-tricking away, Vergil peered into the smoke, Summoned Sword after Summoned Sword appearing as he readied himself for the moment Dante emerged.

8 Bit Hero
10-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Vergil half-turned, letting loose a Dimensional Rift at the two shots. Instead of alleviating the explosion, it multiplied it, causing the explosion to spread tenfold across the battlefield. Quickly air-tricking away, Vergil peered into the smoke, Summoned Sword after Summoned Sword appearing as he readied himself for the moment Dante emerged.

Dante would be sent sliding back from the shock wave a bit, the attack only singing his red trench-coat. "Now that was noisy bro?" Dante would be smirking as his devil trigger would of been drained by now. "The landlords gonna be ticked that we destroyed half of this place" Dante would point Ebony and Ivory from behind the smoke releasing a what seemed like endless volley of shots at Vergil.

Eddren
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Dante would be sent sliding back from the shock wave a bit, the attack only singing his red trench-coat. "Now that was noisy bro?" Dante would be smirking as his devil trigger would of been drained by now. "The landlords gonna be ticked that we destroyed half of this place" Dante would point Ebony and Ivory from behind the smoke releasing a what seemed like endless volley of shots at Vergil.

"Noisy?" A nigh-endless volley of swords pierced the smoke, even as he spun his own sword to deflect the shots. One caught him in the arm unexpectedly. It appeared that he had returned to his normal state..."They were your bullets, brother." Vergil could tell it was about time to finish this battle, and undoubtedly, so could Dante. When will we have our final clash?

8 Bit Hero
10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
"Noisy?" A nigh-endless volley of swords pierced the smoke, even as he spun his own sword to deflect the shots. One caught him in the arm unexpectedly. It appeared that he had returned to his normal state..."They were your bullets, brother." Vergil could tell it was about time to finish this battle, and undoubtedly, so could Dante. When will we have our final clash?

A single sword would glide passed Dante's arm causing a slice across his arm. Dante would charge both his guns again this time charging towards Vergil as he continuously fired massive energy shots out of his twin-guns. Each shot aimed at separate parts of Vergil's body. With each shot a new word would come out of Dante “You!”, “have got”, “To!”, “Be!”, “The”, “Stupidest”, “Man!”, “ALIVE!”, “I 'M LATE FOR MY PIZZA BECAUSE OF YOU!!!”

Eddren
10-15-2012, 09:48 PM
A single sword would glide passed Dante's arm causing a slice across his arm. Dante would charge both his guns again this time charging towards Vergil as he continuously fired massive energy shots out of his twin-guns. Each shot aimed at separate parts of Vergil's body. With each shot a new word would come out of Dante “You!”, “have got”, “To!”, “Be!”, “The”, “Stupidest”, “Man!”, “ALIVE!”, “I 'M LATE FOR MY PIZZA BECAUSE OF YOU!!!”

Vergil charged as well, Yamato poised to stab. Some of the bullets were deflected, explosion and all. Others narrowly avoided. But in the end, he made it to his brother, stabbing forward, aiming for the heart of Dante. Predicting his brothers' attempts to fire yet more bullets at his person, summoned swords slammed down, forming a sort of barrier, pierced only by Yamato.

8 Bit Hero
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Vergil charged as well, Yamato poised to stab. Some of the bullets were deflected, explosion and all. Others narrowly avoided. But in the end, he made it to his brother, stabbing forward, aiming for the heart of Dante. Predicting his brothers' attempts to fire yet more bullets at his person, summoned swords slammed down, forming a sort of barrier, pierced only by Yamato.
Dante would block the stab using Ebony, causing the blade to veer the stab off into his shoulder, while at the same time he would take Ivory and point it directly at Vergil's head who at this point would be right in-front of him. With one final word Dante would pull the trigger "Jack-Pot!"

[the end- its the judges problem now XP]

Love Amore
11-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Vergils' head head was snapped back with the impact of the bullets, Dante's shot had been dead on and he was now victorious. Vergils' body rolled to the side and Dante arose, weakened and bloody but victorious none the less.

Hi y'all, I'm Anna and I'll be your judge for this evening. You can be sure that I'll judge fairly and honestly and to the best of my abilities. May the best writer win!

Eddren's score:
Flow: 12/30
Susan: 25/30
Power: 30/30
Shazzam: 0/10

Ace's score:
Flow: 12/30
Susan: 27/30
Power: 30/30
Shazzam: 10/10 for post #38

Now, you both wrote and fought very well and it was real fun to read, but I gotta suggest that Y'all both work harder next time to match and mesh your writing style with your partner's writing style so that it makes for a smoother and cohesive whole and then your battles will be even more fun to read.

Eddren: I loved some of the dialogue you came up with, but sometimes it was a little hard to follow what you did in your posts so I occasionally had to reread them but once I understood the action was still really interesting.

Ace: I loved how I got a real sense of your character with more than just the dialogue, however your writing style was the one that differs from what is more mainstream so I feel you should have tried a little harder to mesh your writing with Eddren's... Although I like how well you kept from any kind of power playing or godmodding.

It was super fun judging Y'all and I hope I get to do it again real soon!

Eddren
11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Which post was our Shazzam?

Love Amore
11-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Post number 38

Eddren
11-14-2012, 11:05 PM
It's 'cause he was late for his pizza, wasn't it?

Love Amore
11-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Yep, it was a well done piece of comedy within the combat scene and I felt that it was the best post out of all the others. Although it was a very close tie