PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3 OOC Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

E1Alpha
11-03-2012, 05:46 PM
A new chapter, a new OOC, to keep it a bit clean and orderly.

P.K.
11-03-2012, 05:50 PM
yay!

Yes Karrha is joining in this round I'll be doing both since I don't have a whole lot of RPs that and I only really need to take care of chickens XD
BTW won't be on to night so >.>

Also I have an interesting Oc in mind that would allow skullfracture XD

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
So, how about them invading Ekros?

Eddren
11-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm telling you, they're going to end up taking out most of the shore-line.
Also, since the Ekros has now been introduced to the RP, can we make Ekros faction characters? :D

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Man Cf you're so lucky, you always get these special missions. I hope I can land one sometime.

Eddren
11-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Darnit, Tolvo, why did I send Dez to go face Leongarde? That's just going to reduce the chances of a quick end to Scarv!

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much a loss for Leongarde. Especially if Richard and Dez meet. Richard has no way to beat Dez.

Unless he lands the luckiest long range pistol shot in history.

*Fires a pistol across the battlefield.*

E1-"It strikes Dez."

*Edd stares at me.*

Tolvo-"I swear dude I didn't know that would happen!"

Eddren
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, if I get to do things the way I want to, Dez'll be spending his magical powers to shield a contingent of soldiers. I'm not sure how, yet. I'm thinking maybe a sort of mist that absorbs light.

P.K.
11-03-2012, 08:19 PM
lol why are we trying to kill scavy so soon D:

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Why are you just now questioning that? He's been saying it for a while.

P.K.
11-03-2012, 08:28 PM
actuly I had asked earlier but got no real answer >.> it was weeks ago.

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Then you should speculate.

Eddren
11-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Simply put, Scaravus has people that need to be dead, and soldiers that need to be commanded. And in order for that to all go as I desire it to, the Prophet must be laying in a pool of his own blood, and Dezeroth must be capable of employing his silver-tongue. The best way to make that happen is to give him lots of victories in areas that are, in the grand scheme of things, insignificant.

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Aw, it's a lot more fun when things have to be figured out rather than just told.

Eddren
11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Well, I'll leave it to her to figure out what those schemes are. Because, truth be told, I only gave her the mechanism. And in reality, those are the mechanisms for the schemes, which are the mechanisms for the ultimate goal.

P.K.
11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Ookay >.>

Eddren
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
The only thing that makes me sad is that if Dez hits godhood, then RoW is basically done for. We'd have to go to RoW 2, and I don't think E1'd appreciate me bringing a God into his roleplay. XP

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah that is a bit of a pickle.

P.K.
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
well gee O-o will see how this goes (and possibly how dez dies)

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 09:33 PM
You know, call me crazy. But does anyone else get a feeling that this chapter a lot of people are going to die?

Eddren
11-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I think so, too. Probably the Ekro, though.

P.K.
11-03-2012, 09:50 PM
why do you think I put karrha at Talos? :3

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Sure, yeah, I meant the Ekros dying. I'm not expecting NPC's and characters to die or anything...Sure.

Eddren
11-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Well, I think they're undead. So naturally, if someone dies, then they'll become Ekros. Therefore: Lots of Ekros dying. :3

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 11:04 PM
A nation of undead, coming from the North, on an isolated island, to invade while everyone is too busy with one another.

I don't think E1 is that much of a Warcraft fan.

Eddren
11-03-2012, 11:05 PM
They have haunted boats.

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Well that we'll have to see first hand. We don't know if they are ghost pirates, or pirate ghosts.

E1Alpha
11-03-2012, 11:45 PM
I saw a few questions popped up here that I think I should answer:

No, you cannot make Ekro characters. The Ekro are an all NPC faction. They are my precious child that I have finetuning for this chapter by looking at your character. Oh yeah, i'm that much of bastard xD

Next: Edd, you'll have to do really well have to me let you become a god in my universe. It's possible, but I will throw A LOT in your way to stop it, because the Meragaia are not keen on having mortals rise to their position.

And then finally, yes, I do know A LOT of warcraft lore. I've been GM and DM multiple times and even an admin once on a private RP server. However! The Ekro are not undead, so sorry good ser.

Tolvo
11-03-2012, 11:48 PM
What I meant was that I don't think you would make a faction similar to the Scourge.

Eddren
11-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm still of the belief that they're undead. Just that the world doesn't recognize them as such.
As for that particular subject, well, the Meragia aren't going to have much of a choice in the matter, what, since Dezeroth doesn't plan on being the one to bind to any of them.

Jacogos
11-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Dezeroth is going to die horribly and painfully xD

That's my prediction :P

Eddren
11-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Oh, Dezeroth rarely ever dies. People always assume he puts himself directly at risk--But think for a moment. Even in the Infiltration, how many times did he actively run out into the front lines, without any sort of plan?

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 12:49 AM
So many plans in motion.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Indeed.

And NONE OF THEM SHALL SUCCEED >: D BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Uh...Wouldn't that mean some of your characters would die?

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Nope. I just wing it :D

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Hey, characters have goals for a reason.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Oh they have goals... vague enough goals that whatever they do now will eventually add up to achieve such in the end. Anything more specific than that would be far too convenient :P

Eddren
11-04-2012, 01:18 AM
J, you've said so far that all of our plans have failed but I know that for myself, at least, almost every single one of my plans has succeeded.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 01:34 AM
J, you've said so far that all of our plans WILL fail but I know that for myself, at least, almost every single one of my plans has succeeded.

Learn to read, my child.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Jac I have seen the future, do not presume to know about our plans. They won't fail...But that whole internet blowing up thing sure is a problem. I'm sure it will figure itself out.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Except that you've been saying it since the beginning of the roleplay.
Learn to time, child.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
I predict they won't exactly fail...But I imagine a lot of plans will need reworking as things happen.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Naturally. Actually, they usually give us far better advantages than we'd anticipated. And usually, it's done because they attempted to counter what they had initially believe to be our plans.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 01:51 AM
You guys are nuts xD

I'll continue saying it as well until I see anything that resembles plans coming together lol. As you continue to hint about your "plans" and such, I get the feeling that you are outrageously overconfident in them coming to fruition, and as such will end up in you being very much surprised as things continue to change within this game.

Basically, you're playing the villain. And what happens to villains even with the most nefarious of plans?

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I think of it more as playing an Anti-Hero. My plans aren't anything too ambitious. No more ambitious than anyone planning to have their respective nation win.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 01:54 AM
They succeed.
Him succeeded in taking over Townsville. It's just that the Powerpuff girls went back in time and put a stop to it.
The Drakkath from Dragonfable succeeded in becoming the most powerful being in the world. He just so happened to be killed afterward by his former master as well as his rival.
Xan got his hands on the Fire Orb. It was just that he was a pawn the whole time.
In the batman movies, the main badguys take over the city. They just happen to not be able to finish off the last step of it.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 01:57 AM
I think of it more as playing an Anti-Hero. My plans aren't anything too ambitious. No more ambitious than anyone planning to have their respective nation win.

You can't claim to have plans then xD That's like going up to an average video gamer and asking him "What's your goal in playing this game?" and they reply "... to get to the end and beat the final boss."

They succeed.
Him succeeded in taking over Townsville. It's just that the Powerpuff girls went back in time and put a stop to it.
The Drakkath from Dragonfable succeeded in becoming the most powerful being in the world. He just so happened to be killed afterward by his former master as well as his rival.
Xan got his hands on the Fire Orb. It was just that he was a pawn the whole time.
In the batman movies, the main badguys take over the city. They just happen to not be able to finish off the last step of it.

I love how "just so happened" always entails them FAILING at the end. in the end, villains do not win. It SUCKS that they don't win, but they don't win.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Well I don't want to fanboy about Star Wars, but villains win fairly frequently in the Expanded Universe.

I have plans, but my plans go along with helping my nation. It isn't simply, "I want to win." I have plans about how I want to win. But of course they could fail.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 01:59 AM
No, they won. It's just that the BEST of stories has it so that someone comes along and puts them BACK in their place.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 02:03 AM
And you doubt that E1 won't allow this to be the BEST of stories? Have fun with that xD

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I'm still wondering about the gods in the heavens above. They may be more powerful than the Orbs.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Dezeroth never intends to do something stupid, like be around whenever someone comes to put him back in his place. As soon as he has his powers, he'll go hide himself in some pocket of abyss until RoW 2.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 02:12 AM
The Abyss may be occupied.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Dezeroth never intends to do something stupid, like be around whenever someone comes to put him back in his place. As soon as he has his powers, he'll go hide himself in some pocket of abyss until RoW 2.

I'm pretty sure if he reaches Godhood, nowhere will be safe for him. And I mean nowhere.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 02:20 AM
I do wish to find out more about the God of war though. If he can have an unbreakable possessed sword made for him. Get it lost without repercussion. Imagine what we could get if we got his favor.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Well, J, that's not entirely true--There're a few safe places. Areas that are 'safezones,' so to speak, where combat is taboo.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Maybe in YOUR mind; you should remember that this is a world of E1's creation.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 02:35 AM
I mean, there probably are places undiscovered by any life. So while I think Edd is right in that there are safe places, it's more of a for how long, and if you can find them.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 02:40 AM
And Zhao versus Ekros. That's probably a loss for Ekros. Giant tornadoes with darkness breaking light arrows and people resistant to fear. Archeos probably is the best suited to defeating the Ekros.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 02:41 AM
I mean, there probably are places undiscovered by any life. So while I think Edd is right in that there are safe places, it's more of a for how long, and if you can find them.

Stop discouraging me xD

Archeos probably is the best suited to defeating the Ekros.

E1 said he built them to counter our characters... who's to say he didn't ALREADY build them to counter every faction as well?

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Do you know what a Tornado would do to a navy? Or any kind of powerful storm?

Eddren
11-04-2012, 02:48 AM
The important part to note, J, is many of us have kept a few tricks hidden up our sleeves. If all goes well, E1's left a weak-spot for one of those tricks.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 02:53 AM
The important part to note, J, is many of us have kept a few tricks hidden up our sleeves. If all goes well, E1's left a weak-spot for one of those tricks.

Dezeroth encounters an Ekro that traps him in a cone of anti-magic.

Dezeroth whips out a medallion that counters anti-magic cones!

A large hammer-shaped meteor with the word "BAN" inscribed into it appears in the sky and collides into Dezeroth.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:00 AM
I think he means using things that are already approved.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:03 AM
I know, but the situation was far too amusing for me to pass up xD

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:05 AM
I really shouldn't have to point out the inherent flaw in keeping a medallion that counters only a specific spell.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:06 AM
I really shouldn't have to point out the inherent flaw in keeping a medallion that counters only a specific spell.

No, you shouldn't, because a joke is a joke and that should REALLY be all there is to it lol.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Exactly, what if it an Anti-Magic cube?

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Or an anti-magic pyramid?
There's just no telling when you'll need a better anti-magic counter.
Really. How could you not think this through.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:11 AM
Exactly, what if it an Anti-Magic cube?

I think an Anti-Magic Dodecahedron would be the most efficient way of cutting someone off of their magic.

The Imposter
11-04-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't want to seem like the guy complaining, but I'm pretty sure we got the idea of certain people's secret plans for what they want to do in the rp way back in the chapter one ooc thread. I'm really having a hard time staying enthused about an this whole thing when ever single ooc thread is full of the same circular discussion topics over and over again.

Would it be bad if we tried just letting things play out for a chapter before we bring up how we plan to try to twist things to meet our own agendas, or which faction has to be the best one. Just kick back and enjoy playing your characters.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:13 AM
It might be a little less circular if, you know, certain people dropped in to do more than point something out before leaving.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:15 AM
This anti-magic zone is sounding like something that would be pretty cool to see, especially if it is colored.

Well if we aren't supposed to talk about what is going on in the RP in the thread about the RP, what are we supposed to talk about?

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:16 AM
It might be a little less circular if, you know, certain people dropped in to do more than point something out before leaving.

Hey now.

Hatin' is bad.

But yeah, Imposter's right xD I might have something to do with the circular-ness of the conversation, but I certainly can get on the bandwagon of "Let's stop worrying so much about this shit like it's what our lives depend on and play the game"

Well if we aren't supposed to talk about what is going on in the RP in the thread about the RP, what are we supposed to talk about?

I'm PRETTY sure he was just referring to the repetition of the "Ooooh, devious plots!" thing. Not to mention the "Faction dick-waving contest".

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:16 AM
I guess we should talk about what our opening post is going to be.
Personally, I always thought I'D make MY opening post be about how my character was going to enter the battle.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:19 AM
I just always assume my character marches in with the bulk, like a normal soldier. Kaizen and other higher ups are probably deployed more strategically. But Oko and Richard are just average soldiers.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:22 AM
You do realize, J, that whenever it comes up, it almost INEVITABLY is agitated by the fact that you feel the need to post about how they're going to fail, right?
Anyhow, the 'Faction Dick-waving contest' hasn't really been mentioned here, yet, I don't think. And I'm FAIRLY sure that if those are the two most common things, it's because the only people who FREQUENT the thread want to talk about that. If someone wants to, say, change the subject...They should regularly come in. With a new subject.
Just saying.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Well I actually rather talk about the culture of the world when I can, that interests me more than the factions.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:27 AM
You do realize, J, that whenever it comes up, it almost INEVITABLY is agitated by the fact that you feel the need to post about how they're going to fail, right?

I fail to see a problem here, officer. xD

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Well, the big problem, though, is that it's a total mystery--E1's only given us hints and clues as to the real culture and day-to-day going-ons of the factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, J, just pointing out--If you want it to stop, that's a good place to start. Since we only barely touched on it beforehand. It went something like, 'You know, there is a problem. What're we going to do once we've hit endgame?' At which point, you came along and went, 'Oh, don't worry. You won't reach endgame.' And then it went back to the same stuff about plots.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I ask when I can and he's usually pretty open about the answers. But I'm a lot more interested in what is going on behind the war.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Well, actually--We've tried hosting threads to that end. But they need at least, like, three people to keep material fresh.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Well I think that is the point of the Dove isn't it?

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
I think the real problem is that you take me far too seriously than you should for your own good xD

I'll blame the inability to portray correct inflection while typing over the internet.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Well, I'd like to point out that if I took the internet seriously, then I'd have a far worse addiction then I actually do.
However, I'd ALSO like to point out that you've missed quite a few sarcastic remarks, as well. >.>

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Once again, I will blame inflection deficiency xD Or, since my memory is horrible, I might have just replied anyway to continue the snarkiness.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Also I don't think it is fair to say people aren't as active as they should be. I'm incredibly active, but I'm also in one RP. A lot of the others are in a lot of RP's.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Thus why I never mentioned anything about activity. Just that perhaps dropping us with a topic to go with your recommendation would be nice.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Topic:

What Ra'shor eats for breakfast.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 04:36 AM
You'll have to remind me on which one's Ra'shor. There's so many of 'em, I've lost count. And the only one I care about is Rai'Gonsuro.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 04:40 AM
You'll have to remind me on which one's Ra'shor. There's so many of 'em, I've lost count. And the only one I care about is Rai'Gonsuro.

Why him of all people? O.o

Ra'shor is the Fieran "demigod" general. basically a super fire elemental.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Oh, right. That guy. Probably cheetos.

Because, Gonsuro is crazy.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Yeah Rai is probably one of my favorite NPC's, in general I do like the Aeregos NPC. Though I'm probably a bit bias there. The Scarav NPC's are a close second.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 04:53 AM
So much bias, but I have a soft spot for the Disgeran NPCs xD Outside that, though, I ironically like the Leongardians a lot.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Seriously. He kills traitors. With his fists. No swords, no magic(Er. Technically.), no help. Just his bare fists, and some dude's skull.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 04:56 AM
I just haven't seen much personality from the Leongarde NPC's yet, aside from the King.

Jacogos
11-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Maybe I'm a little star struck by Vanguard, then xD

Eddren
11-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah. I wish Dezeroth had a spell of Animate Armor in his arsenal. Then he could MAKE a Vanguard.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 05:51 PM
You know wouldn't it be great if the Ekros used real world magic? They arrive and we're all standing there waiting for them to attack. One steps forwards and yells, "Bow before our mighty magic!" He then produces a deck of cards, "Pikc one card, any card!" Another has a table and an axe, "Watch, as I cut my general in half!" Another comes up and puts his hand to one of our faces and pulls it back holding his thumb tucked between two fingers. "Got your nose, got your nose!"

Then they kill us as we are all bewildered.

P.K.
11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
what are we talking about?

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I was talking about if the Ekros were magicians, like New Vegas magicians. Distracting us with parlor tricks.

That whole dark skies and enveloping mists things, just mirrors.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 07:10 PM
By the way PK why don't you want to send Karrla south? Afraid for her to face Richard or something?

I mean, it's not like the battle would be more difficult with just E1 against me...Ahaha...

Please go south!

Eddren
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
"And for my next trick, I'll make this Fieran...DISAPPEAR!"
"What, what."

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Maybe Leongarde could strike a deal with them. They ignore us, we supply them with guns for the catching the bullet in your teeth trick.

P.K.
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
lol? I have a feelign she has a higher chance of dieing where she's going XD thus I can bring her back when she dose with some cool power X3

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I'll just have to see if those boomerang axes are armor penetrating I guess.

P.K.
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
well if you really want some one to RP against I can ask E XD but I don't think karrha will be much of a challenge XD

Eddren
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm still giggling over the idea of Ekros having parlor-trick magicians.
Dezeroth has learned how to pull a bunny out of his hat!

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I thought it was quite amusing too Edd, that's why I brought it up.

An unending horde of guys with capes telling us to believe our eyes.

I think you could probably do some good PK, don't sell yourself short.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Their boats aren't haunted, they just painted it to be glow-in-the-dark.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Basically I'm imagining them as the pirates from Venture Brothers. But with magicians.

You know I wonder what the rest of the world thinks of the Ekros.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Hopefully they don't end up agreeing with us.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Well I mean thinking about it, the EKros are a serious naval threat. As well they would severely hamper trade for the rest of the world outside of the little land in our area.

P.K.
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I think you could probably do some good PK, don't sell yourself short.

No just Karrha XD She's a freaking healer after all with a bow >.>
however I'll do my best where she is.

Tolvo
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Healers are under rated if you ask me, I was considering one to replace Richard if he dies. I'll just have to hope I don't face the NPC in combat.

P.K.
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
XD Karrha did almost died though.

Eddren
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
And she'd fare any better against the Ekro?
Think of what would happen to her mind if she were to witness them shuffle a deck and pull out the same card she chose!

Cfavano
11-05-2012, 02:49 AM
I think the Ekro are like Tyranids. Why else would they have enough numbers to attack the ENTIRE coast at once?

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Because a lot of ghosts may have wanted to become pirates, either that or there were a lot of pirates who became ghosts.

Eddren
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Lemme just say this now, BEFORE E1 brands you with a cattle prod:
NO MORE WARHAMMER.
No...I know, Tolvo. They're all the same person. It's a Meragia, who is in charge of the 'element' of life(And also death), and just kept making soldiers to kill his foes with! AND BOATS!

Jacogos
11-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Lemme just say this now, BEFORE E1 brands you with a cattle prod:
NO MORE WARHAMMER.

I'm glad you said it or else I would have to drop the...

*puts on glasses*

BANHAMMER 40K.

Eddren
11-05-2012, 03:13 AM
...I should have seen that coming.
I should have...But I didn't.

Jacogos
11-05-2012, 03:15 AM

Been saving it for a rainy day....

.... Too soon, New England?

Eddren
11-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Should've brought it back to Old England.

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 03:29 AM
You know what the Ekros remind me of? Star wa-

Man, that was so weird. It's like I felt the presence of some man, some GM punching me square in the throat as I typed that.

You know it's going to be funny if Ekros are heavily anti-magic. Because I can only imagine how well they would be against player characters, since most are so reliant on magic.

Eddren
11-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Well, I'm imagining they must be giving off an anti-magic aura of considerable size, because momentum is still physics.

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Well there are some characters who would still be pretty useful against them, like Gyle. Richard against a naval threat...That's suicide for Richard. But we do have a few who could manage well enough without magic.

And they could very well mage an anti-magic aura of extreme size. We don't know yet.

Eddren
11-05-2012, 04:06 AM
I'll be troubling if they do. Dezeroth will have to rely on tactics, and passive magic--Such as assisting with trench building--If that's so.

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Trench building, that actually sounds like a pretty interesting thing to do in a battle.

P.K.
11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
And she'd fare any better against the Ekro?
Think of what would happen to her mind if she were to witness them shuffle a deck and pull out the same card she chose!

No I totally expect her to die here.
If she dose then she comes back with a power.
If she dose not... hey all the better means she's a challenging healer XD

Because a lot of ghosts may have wanted to become pirates, either that or there were a lot of pirates who became ghosts.

lol
-->
<--

I'm glad you said it or else I would have to drop the...

*puts on glasses*

BANHAMMER 40K.

lawls :P

Trench building, that actually sounds like a pretty interesting thing to do in a battle.

XD try it?

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey, I don't want to take Edd's idea. Plus Oko would actually have to use a shovel, and that would take days.

Eddren
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, I've been thinking. I'm going to need to rely on forms of magic that aren't directly combat-oriented.
I.E., I'm going to need to start assisting with passive ways of giving my own soldiers an edge.
And E1, I suppose now'd be the time: How do I go about choosing my NPCs? Can I make 'Subordinate' characters, who don't have powers, but are actually tagged to the main character profile? That way they have a whole in-depth story and personality, and their limitations and such are well-documented?

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Well Kaizen's allies don't have their own profiles to my understanding, that is posted. Maybe it's just something E1 will keep track of?

Eddren
11-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I know. I was thinking I could do this so that, if need be, I can have a reference. To make sure I'm not just pulling some BS out of my arse.

Cfavano
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
actually, its called an 'entrenching tool'. And, even though I know this is nonsense, I felt it was important to say it where everyone can see it.

*Raises his magical Television Remote aloft* By the power of PECO! I....HAVE....THE POWER! (back on)

Eddren
11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
If you wanted to say it where everyone could see it, why didn't you just make your own thread?

Tolvo
11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Shouldn't that have been in the nonsense thread?

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 12:05 AM
everyone who MATTERS, then

Eddren
11-06-2012, 12:16 AM
If you wanted to say it where everyone could see it, why didn't you just make your own thread?

See previous statement.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Well Kaizen's allies don't have their own profiles to my understanding, that is posted. Maybe it's just something E1 will keep track of?

I suppose he does, as he mentioned they have backstories that he will reveal throughout play if I keep them alive. I wonder if he'll let us create their profiles after so long of interacting with them...

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Well they strike me as NPC's loyal to our characters. So I don't know if we'll get to create profiles. Kind of like meeting a party member in a game, usually you get to choose how your main character is. But they are whoever they were designed to be.

Also Cf, Zhao is a traitor to Aeregos or an Assassin. Of course Oko wouldn't like him, just as I imagine Kaizen wants to kill him too.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Also Cf, Zhao is a traitor to Aeregos or an Assassin. Of course Oko wouldn't like him, just as I imagine Kaizen wants to kill him too.

Ohhhhhh very much so ^.^

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
I mean, essentially Cf in the Warrior Thread you asked.

"Why do other characters hate my traitor/assassin?"

Maybe because he is a traitor/assassin?

Outside of Disg murderers probably aren't appreciated.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I mean, essentially Cf in the Warrior Thread you asked.

"Why do other characters hate my traitor/assassin?"

Maybe because he is a traitor/assassin?

Outside of Disg murderers probably aren't appreciated.

Yeah, Disgeran really likes us some murderers ^.^

If you ever change your mind, we'll accept Zhao with open arms, CF :D

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 12:56 AM
He probably would fit in there the best given his personality and history.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
why? and still. Zilong didn't kill Kaburi. Nayamee did.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Disg is full of people with questionable morals.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 01:28 AM
he doesn't have questionable morals. Kaizen does.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Though I imagine Richard and Oko could fit in there as well if they chose to.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd switch that around, Kaizen is pretty consistent with his morals.

He's pretty much a patriot. I wouldn't say the Sacred one has questionable morals since, well that is his nation and raising I assume. But Zhao betrayed his own people and led to the death of one of his superiors. That's questionable behavior.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
You're right, Kaizen has never done anything bad, like, oh, I don't know, Grave Robbery?

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Hey, corpses are corpses you know? Now if they were undead that would be pretty bad but if they were corpses what does it matter?

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 01:44 AM
You're just mad cause Kaizan killed Nayamee xD If you're so ticked off about it so as to start shoveling shit on his name, why don't you have Zhao stop being a pussy and fight him?

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh, the gloves have been thrown and the dueling guns drawn!

Chapter 4: Put your money where your Mouth is.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 01:51 AM
actually, I been riding you on that since you did it (the stealing).

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh, so you don't accept his challenge? Okay, Zhao doesn't have to fight Kaizen...Since Zhao is such a chicken after all.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Stealing of what, her sword? At least he didn't do what other characters of mine would've done and beheaded her as a more suitable trophy. I was very much tempted to have him do that, but it seemed against character. What he does is out of the necessity of war. The sword he took as proof of her fall, and as a gift to his Empress. As if any Archeon would have used it in her place.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Fight fight fight fight!

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Fight fight fight fight!

I just don't like the attacks on my character. I feel like stating that my character wishes Zhao dead (for betraying his own country, might I add!) doesn't excuse blatant slander of Kaizan's character.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
NO THE THING FROM THE TOMB! HIS INF! THE CHALICE!

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:06 AM
I don't mind slander if there is some founding, like saying Oko is a bad guy. He isn't, but unlike Kaizen he is a super devious guy. He also is creepy.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Oh WELL then. I'm sorry I participated in E1's RP. Let me go back and pretend that I never joined and-

Oh wait. No. I wished to do an Infiltration. E1 set the entire thing up. I went through with it. Kaizan emerged victorious.

What about Zhao? Zhao murdered a score of men to save a single life (who wouldn't have even died anyway), not to mention aided in the murder of a high-ranking officer.

Kaizan is working towards ending the war and seeing peace. Zhao is working towards saving his own interests so that he may live happily.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Yeah I'd put Kaizen higher up on the morals chart, maybe not Shani high. But he is mostly just following orders or trying to help.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Zilong can see the bigger picture. I actually think he should have been promoted too >_>

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah I'd put Kaizen higher up on the morals chart, maybe not Shani high. But he is mostly just following orders or trying to help.

I have a feeling most of Pichu's characters (inside and outside RoW) are higher on the morals chart than Kaizan xD

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Sometimes it's important to see the little things, so that nothing slips by Cf.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 02:19 AM
he can, but, if you focus on the little things, that will end up biting you in the ass.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:26 AM
The same can happen if you ignore it.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 02:30 AM
much less likely. because by seeing the big picture, you see ALL the little things

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:34 AM
That doesn't mean you are analyzing the little things though.

I just don't think you should fall back too much on, "sees the bigger picture."

Oko is pretty perceptive, but that isn't going to mean a thing if he makes a mistake or a bad choice. Just don't try to rely too much on your character being written as intelligent. As the player you have to make sure he is acting smart Cf.

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 02:36 AM
believe me, I am acting smart.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Alright, I just want you to understand there is a risk of failure.

Eddren
11-06-2012, 02:46 AM
I don't know if I'd call changing your entire nationality based on the words of one woman 'smart.'

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 02:48 AM
well, at least archeos is not as hypocritical as aeregos

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 02:51 AM
well, at least archeos is not as hypocritical as aeregos

Since when has Aeregos ever been defined as hypocritical?

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Wasn't the Queen willing to use a hostage as a bargaining chip, while threatening to execute her?

I just see every nation as having its sins, this is war after all.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm curious to see what Scaravus's sins are... Well, besides harboring Dezeroth xD

Cfavano
11-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Let's see. They say they value wisdom over brute force, and yet...Kaburi and Rai-Gonsuro

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Whatever it is, it probably isn't pretty. Though I must say their Talos trick was pretty dastardly.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there is our leader, and other people who are wise.

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Let's see. They say they value wisdom over brute force, and yet...Kaburi and Rai-Gonsuro

The wise make use of all those who come to them, rather than reject them for being different.

Eddren
11-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Wow, harboring Dezeroth is a crime? All he's done is stolen a FEW tomes of magic. Archeos didn't even want them! The Academy obviously wasn't putting them to good use, or else Dez wouldn't have succeeded...

Jacogos
11-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Wow, harboring Dezeroth is a crime? All he's done is stolen a FEW tomes of magic. Archeos didn't even want them! The Academy obviously wasn't putting them to good use, or else Dez wouldn't have succeeded...

Well I was referring to his outrageous belief in gaining ultimate power, but I guess this era doesn't really see madmen as much of criminals xD

Eddren
11-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Every one of the leaders has the same goal.

Tolvo
11-06-2012, 05:01 AM
By the way I was wondering E1, what sort of medical advancements or scientific advancements are there in the world? This is a time of war and usually that brings a spring to ingenuity, if they respect advancement that is. Like Chemistry, understanding of physics, etc?

Eddren
11-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Hmm...You know, Tolvo. I've been thinking...
...Maybe Cf was onto something with that city idea. Maybe we just need to make the tethers a little less...Corporeal.

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Hey E1, what sort of healers does Disgeran have?

Jacogos
11-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Hey E1, what sort of healers does Disgeran have?

You're assuming we CARE about our men xD

Cfavano
11-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Zasa heals. XD Though, sometimes the wounds are better than the treatment.

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 04:21 AM
He said before that every faction has healers.

I'm just wondering as a back up, I like to have planned characters of every kind for every nation, just in case.

The Imposter
11-08-2012, 04:28 AM
I just did a quick search through the warriors and Archeos is the only faction with labeled healers. I suppose for the rest of the nations healing is probably manipulated by their element or what have you.

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Well I think the rest have non-combat healers, kind of like after the battle healers. Except for Archeos as you mentioned. I'm just wondering what Disgeran's out of combat healers are like. I know Leongarde has surgeons, which are useless. Scarav he said are more for dealing with the pain so they probably use nature based medicine.

Other than that he didn't specify.

Cfavano
11-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Zasa heals. injured arm? off it goes. broken leg? bye bye leg.

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 04:41 AM
I meant a real healer, the concept was a form of necromancy. Requiring sacrifices to aid others. So if say, two men were dying. You could cut out the heart of one, and use his blood and soul to help heal the other.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant a real healer, the concept was a form of necromancy. Requiring sacrifices to aid others. So if say, two men were dying. You could cut out the heart of one, and use his blood and soul to help heal the other.

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Also E1, are you still hoping to get more players? Or do you think there is enough?

Cfavano
11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
E1, when will you reply to my PM?

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
I think he may have been a bit busy lately, or he's just trying to enjoy his holiday.

Cfavano
11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
well, the recruitment deadline is saturday, which is why I am worried

Tolvo
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm sure that if something has him incapable of working on the RP for the moment, he'll extend the deadline.

E1Alpha
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
The start of Chapter 3 will be coming a bit later than planned. School has decided to royally screw me over and deliver tons of work.
I will be trying to work on Chapter 3 bits whenever I have time, but I don't think it'll be done before the end of this weekend.
Keeping in mind I also need enough inspiration to write up the start of those battles, I don't know if i'll be able to work on them at all this weekend, but I'll do my best!

Jacomind, I'll be giving you your things for the battles you'll be hosting when I get those done aswell.

Sorry folks, but real life takes priority over this, no matter how much I love RoW.

P.K.
11-10-2012, 04:25 PM
its okay E :3 good luck with real life.

E1Alpha
11-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I will still be checking RPA daily and be able to answer most questions and such, but I won't be able to devote enough time and inspiration to write the battles for now, but I won't be gone or anything ^^

P.K.
11-10-2012, 04:53 PM
:P DW it wont make us like you any less for having to wait a little bit longer <3 just don't over stress yourself thats never good.

E1Alpha
11-10-2012, 05:04 PM
And before you start wondering "Why can't he write for RoW but he can for his Creative Writing?!"
Most of the time, I write for Element of Shadow while I'm at school when I have nothing better to do. If I was able to work on RoW in school, I would, but I can't D:
So yeah, I might post more chapters for Element of Shadow than I seem to work for RoW xD But it's all about when I get opperunities and inspiration.

In any case. I'll be gone for now. Might be back later tonight. Need to program a forum for a school assignment X.X

P.K.
11-10-2012, 05:09 PM
uh O-o have fun.

Tolvo
11-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I had a feeling something was keeping you occupied. While I'd love to work you like a dog, do your IRL stuff first man. I'm sure everyone understands if you need to take your time for your own stuff and to get inspired.

Eddren
11-10-2012, 10:57 PM
As a matter of fact, I just spent the last two days with a terrible case of writer's block. Managed to work through it today, though, for the most part. A good 5,000 words. I'll just put off today's 2,000 words for tomorrow. ^^;

P.K.
11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
good job Edd O-o I should try that some time. anyways need to head off going to leave here >.>

Jacogos
11-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I might be holding my battles up too, as working on any RP without access to my computer is living hell. Until I can get a replacement or get mine working again, I'll be restricted to sparing updates in the OOCs.

Jacogos
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Ignored the above, I'm back with a computer ^.^

So E1... about those PMs...

E1Alpha
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
*slaps Jacomind*

Bitch teacher is a bitch X.X
i'll try to get them sent as soon as I can

Jacogos
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
D: *holds my cheek* Ow, mutha fuckah...

Aight then :D

Jacogos
11-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I'd like to revive the discussion of what the Ekro might actually be. None of that outrageous stuff though, I mean legitimate musing about what race they might be, plus their reasoning behind attacking.

P.K.
11-22-2012, 11:34 PM
um more or less I just see them as some dark skinned beings that the shape of a human but not all the real features of one.

As for the reason? your guess as good as mine...

Jacogos
11-22-2012, 11:43 PM
I imagined the Undead, but I think E1 put that thought to rest a while back... I can't remember. Perhaps they're even worse demons than Disgeran?

P.K.
11-23-2012, 12:11 AM
well J thats a given... O-o

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 12:24 AM
How do YOU know? xD

P.K.
11-23-2012, 12:31 AM
XD one I put that in one of the intermosts I wrote and E didn't change it X3

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 12:45 AM
xD Interesting point...

P.K.
11-23-2012, 12:59 AM
exactly

Eddren
11-23-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm still imagining undead. Screw it. If E1 DOESN'T make them undead, then I'll just have to gather a collaboration of players, with the sole intent of MAKING them undead.

P.K.
11-23-2012, 01:12 AM
XD um yay Ed

DoughGuy
11-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Depends what you mean undead? I've always had the fun idea they're shadow creatures (so not really undead but kinda related) who can only be hurt by magic.

P.K.
11-23-2012, 01:34 AM
that would be a posabilaty :P

Eddren
11-23-2012, 01:39 AM
If they are, then I'm shoving their incorporeal asses into corporeal, dead, bodies.

DoughGuy
11-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Does a shadow have an ass to be shoved?

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 02:06 AM
I think they're are like tyranids or necrons. but leaning more towards tyranids.

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 02:19 AM
I think they're are like tyranids or necrons. but leaning more towards tyranids.

Fuck your comparisons to Warhammer, use something more applicable.

P.K.
11-23-2012, 02:25 AM
kinda what I was thinking J but maybe in more words.

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 02:52 AM
it is applicable. and fer yer info, people have been ripping off warhammer since it was made. I think even TES might have. I know warcraft and starcraft was.

- - - Updated - - -

it is applicable. and fer yer info, people have been ripping off warhammer since it was made. I think even TES might have. I know warcraft and starcraft was.

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Depends on what you mean by "ripping off". Cause nothing in Warhammer was "original" at the time of its making either, except for POSSIBLY the game mechanics. As far as lore goes, it's rather unoriginal.

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 03:18 AM
really? you think so? I have never heard of creatures that are big, green, grow from fungus, and have slapdash piles of junk for weapons and operate simply because said race want them to.

- - - Updated - - -

and besides, 40k is the one that coined the term 'Space Marine' for all I know

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 03:34 AM
"Orcs" as a concept are far from new. The Growing from fungus part? Yeah, that's pretty fucking original. But then almost every iteration of Orcs have a different "thing" to them. Warcraft's orcs are originally peaceful beings from another world driven into slavery by demons and then used to attack another world. Lord of the Rings's Orcs are corrupted elves (supposedly). Orcs from the novel entitled "Orcs" were one of the Original Races of the canon continent, in which the Humans invaded them. They are warlike, but not savage.

P.K.
11-23-2012, 03:37 AM
sounds right :P

And PF orcs are war like for the most part but that can vary deppending on the 'path' while half orcs are rather :P different... X3 barbarians if you will thats what they are.

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 03:39 AM
you say all Orcs have 1 thing. The Orks have 3. Their spore reproduction, the fact that even thought their crap is crap, they can still duke it all out with anyone else, and their collective psychic network that makes it all come together. And the necrons are original. Robotic, soulless constructs made of living metal, and lead by stellar vampires called C'tan, who are also given physical form using said living metal.

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 03:46 AM
What I meant was that when Orcs are defined as a race, most writers go through a process of making them unique to their canon. No, not every set of 'orcs' have ONE thing that makes them different. that would just be ridiculous.

Contructs that are possessed by (space) spirits? Huh, sounds a lot like Golems from a lot of lore.

And before you take that wildly out of control, NO I am NOT saying that necrons ARE golems. I'm making a generic comparison.

In conclusion, everything may have new spins on them to make them fresh and exciting, but very few things in the past 100 years are truly "original", War-fucking-hammer included. Now stop this pointless drivel.

Now what was that about the Ekro being large demon-apes?

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 03:50 AM
why demon apes? their large size would prevent them from having many troops in those small areas. it would have to be many little things

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 03:56 AM
How do WE know? They're magic demon-apes. Fuck space capacity laws.

The Imposter
11-23-2012, 04:09 AM
My hypothesis is that the Erko or whatever they are called are going to be more monstrous than human. Perhaps traveling on giant seabeasts that are going to crash against the east coast. I expect them to very in size and shape. Arial ones to combat the dragon riders, hulking beasts that feed on soldiers to keep growing in mass, mind controlling ones to force the factions to fight their own warriors in the battles.

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 04:12 AM
naaaaaaah. E1 many be clever, but not that clever. and, in ways, that kinda describes the tryanid race.

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Aaaaaaand what about the little tagline where E1 said they will counter every one of our PCs? xD

DoughGuy
11-23-2012, 04:14 AM
@The Imposter That's interesting. Apart from the mind control ones that would be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Well instead of only being hurt by magic, what if they're immune to it?

The Imposter
11-23-2012, 04:22 AM
I think that came up before in a discussion...I don't think it ever ended though?

Yeah the mind controlling was just a kinda throw in. (Been playing XCOM...which really isn't that great). Holy frig...what if: The Erko is the fog and it manifests into various forms to destroy everyone. And for whatever reason once it manifests it can't change back. So the first wave fits and becomes capable of subduing the east coast and latter waves of it will seep into the rest of the land.

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 04:23 AM
FOG DEMONS.

DoughGuy
11-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Don't they have ships though? Would they bother manifesting into ships?

The Imposter
11-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Shit...I have no idea. Perhaps the Fog only permeates from a certain object which needed to be ferried across the water to take over the rest of the world??

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Shit...I have no idea. Perhaps the Fog only permeates from a certain object which needed to be ferried across the water to take over the rest of the world??

Perhaps they are fragments of Soul Edge Orbs?

DoughGuy
11-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Oh damn fighting incarnations of the soul orbs who can steal your soul orb power!

Cfavano
11-23-2012, 04:37 AM
maybe they are former cizitens of the other countries (as boats HAVE gone missing in the past) that were twisted and tainted by evil, making the ekro lands into a kind of eye of terror.

Tolvo
11-23-2012, 04:41 AM
I still suggest Pirate Ghosts, or Ghost Pirates.

That or Nano-Ghosts.

Nano-Creatures. The mist could be hydrogen based billions of tiny life forms working together.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Cf, you just described Disgaren basically.

Jacogos
11-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Also Cf, you just described Disgaren basically.

Yeah basically.