PDA

View Full Version : A New Dawn (OOC)

Little Fox
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
It had been such a long time since the last so-called 'shuttle' left the space station that orbited Earth. The last generation to even remember what it looked like had long since past. Though, in their lives, they fought a gruesome war. The war that many preached to be the war that would signal the 'end of times', was waged over the greed of mankind.

All the nations of the worlds had united under a single banner in hopes to settle the long centuries long feuds and to combine the struggling economies, with those of the stronger. And it worked, for a while. Most people of that world, after all the widespread economic failures and depressions, had no reason to believe their leaders had other motives behind what many thought to be an ingenious and insane idea.

It had started as a political war and quickly dissolved into chaos at it's worst. The war had escalated turning the Earth everyone once knew, into a worldwide civil war. Despite having fallen under a banner for nearly 75 years, the old battle lines were drawn, though not one had more power over any other after the new Law had been put into effect.

The Dark War waged on for what had seemed like eternity, 47 long years, the world in it's entirety was a combat zone. Every man and his family for themselves. Near the end of that forty-seventh year, quiet fell upon the earth. Mankind had destroyed much of the Earth. Tree's were scattered few and far between. The oceans, tainted and polluted to where very little life remained.

Upon seeing the destruction they had wrought on their homelands, the significantly small number of people, joined together once again, vowing to put aside their differences long enough to find away for their families to, once again, have a home.

It was then that the great minds of the world, most of whom went into hiding throughout the time of war, came together and attempted to develop a plan to restore Earth back to health. It was only a matter of months before they approached the Council with sad news. The damage done to their home was nothing they could reverse. If it were to be done at all, time would be the only healer, a very long time.

It took nearly a year for the remaining people of the world to fix and make copies of the few dozen space shuttles that had already existed. Go to the space station, was the idea. See how the Earth's healing progresses, without our involvement.

They waited on-board the station for nearly five years, watching the globe below them grow ever darker. Depression slowly began to claim all. The Council insisted on pulling up the information on the long-range research that had been accomplished before and during the War.

That is when they found it. A world very much similar to Earth though a good deal larger with more oceans and two moons orbiting around it. The Council, once again, turned to the great minds. "We must complete the task of making this station mobile if we are to ever be on land again. Will you do it?"

Immediately the work was begun, and it was only a matter of time after that before they were set on course to the New World. On the course, five generations were lost, and five more took their place and even they were near the end of their lives when they finally found themselves in orbit over the planet.

Upon deployment of the Security Team, they found the immediate area in which they would be colonizing to be uninhabited, as well as what seemed to be, the majority of the planet, though they couldn't be entirely certian due to the density of the vegetation.

Within a week, every person on the space station had been shuttled down to the planet. The Council vowed that they would not make the same mistakes that their predecessors had made, and the people agreed. It didn't take long before the building of small homes and other central buildings were being brought up.

It was but a month later when, from the woods, a dozen Natives appeared at the line of trees. The Council immediately greeted them and invited them into the quickly forming village. A common means of communication was much less difficult that would have been suspected, their language was not that much different from the language of the people from Earth, which had merged the languages of the world into one.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Rules:
You know the Normal Rules
Try to give me at least a paragraph or two Please?
No killing one another without asking me and the other person first :)
No sex, don't need it here. If it gets to that point "fade to black" leave it to the imagination, 'kay?

__________________________________________________ ____________

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance (A picture is nice for reference, but it's nice to have a description too :) ) :
Personality:
Extras:

Little Fox
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Character Sheet
Name: Loraina Mauro
Origin: Earth Space Station

Appearance: Loraina's a smaller built woman, standing around 5'4" and with just enough weight on her body to avoid looking frail. Long red hair brushes down below her shoulder blades and layers frame the pale skin of her freckle dusted face. Hazel eyes are ever alert and every changing between blues and greens depending on her mood.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/care_bear_1087/Younggirlwithlongfineredhairwearing.jpg

Personality: Ever looking for something new to learn, Loraina has the habit of becoming a nuisance to those she becomes so eager to learn from. A very quiet but curious individual, her soft spoken manner often gets overridden in conversations, though she'd gone to making her statements through her actions than through the fight of a conversation. Her hands are always dirty along with every other able body of the new colony. Building, searching and testing what new foods are edible and which are not, she's made a point to learn at least a little bit out of each trade.

Anne Bonny
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

Little Fox
04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

Oh Fun :D

AshtonKish
04-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Once I read, I may post up a character or two!
But, right now I have duties. D:

Little Fox
04-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I look forward to reading :) Hopefully we can get this off the ground here shortly.

Serendipity
04-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm interested in making a character on this one if that's okay? I do have one question though: do you have something specific in mind of what the natives are like or can they be somewhat alien (by this I mean still humanoid)?

Muchas gracias! :whee:

Little Fox
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd kinda had it in mind to keep them mostly humanoid...But I'm willing to be flexible with it.

Ohbad-Hai
05-06-2010, 05:42 AM
What are the limitations on the natives, and the humans, in a job and species sense. Extras like abnormal abilities? inherited traits? Cause I really like the thought behind this Rp, and would like to get involved.

Mysteria
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
This looks like a great rp. If you need help getting more players for your game and haven't done so yet, don't forget that you can submit it for RP of the Week!

All of the information that you need can be found here. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

Also, you may want to advertise your game in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) if you want to advertise even more.