PDA

View Full Version : Mokai Chronicles Chapter 2

Sigma
04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
What happened so far....

Two soldiers of warring factions become unlikely allies as they've been picked by Destiny became the Chosen Ones to stop an Ancient Evil. whoever, in order to use their powers to their full potential, they are to be led by an old A.I. to the Republic Capital of Sometaaw to find Master Sage L'ora Tai.

However, the world the two armies fought over had fallen under attack by the Dark Mokai, which forced a cease-fire and a temporary alliance to fought off the invaders.

After nearly an hour of intense combat, and a near-fatal confrontation with a powerful warrior named Saren Arterius. however Lord Arterius' forces were being decimated by a what seemed like divine intervention of the Mokai Order, and with the destruction of the ship in orbit. it seemed the end of him. the arrival of the Light's Touch, the mokai vessel, was beyond coincidence. it seemed like they sensed the two.

But soon the true flagship of the dark mokai, Shadow Sovereign, arrived in time and attacked the defenders from above long enough for the Dark Mokai Lord to escape, leaving the rest of his men to die.

With the battle over, Isaac and Obrim must venture to Sometaaw.

--------------------

Some in deep space, aboard the Shadow Sovereign

A dark vessel cruised along space far from the Helina Star System. taken on the appearance of a squid-like creature. it's destination....unknown.

-------

Somewhere within the ship, Saren was in his meditation chamber, the battle still lingering in his mind, and his defeat. however, he had hopes that the vault's treasures still remain. as he was in deep mediation, he was interrupted of the high priestess clearing her throat as she let herself in.

"We identified the ship that touched down on Hasani. "She spoke. "The Light's Touch, a Mokai vessel. it was under the command of Master Tai. they've manged to save the colony."

"And the vault?" he asked.

"Our search teams found no remaining relics. the chosen ones may have taken them."

As soon as he heard. he slowly grew angry and went berserk, tossing decorations in the chamber, one of them almost hitting the priestess until she dodged it. as he was in his rage, he rushed towards the priestess to the pint where their faces met, placing his hands on both sides of her head. he soon calmed a bit, and ceased in future activity. "These two....must be eliminated... " he said, before leaving the chamber.
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGZSRRS77U&feature=related)

mcstringer
04-27-2010, 04:26 PM
While walking the halls of the new Fort Hope, General and Ambassodor to the Republic Obrim patted the Sword of Will at his side, added to the baton staff during the conflict after it's discovery in a ancient Temple of the Mokai. The weapon saved him in a battle with the Brothers, a pair of Dark Mokai, that nearly tipped the scales in the enemies favor. He learned the Spirit Sword skill while battling them, and used it to bring down their blob mecha that called himself a scientist.

He resently just returned from a press conference with the Empire's Press Corps. He spread the need for coperatation with the Republic to destroy this threat to their power.
He used their fight on this almost planet sized asteroind as an example of what their coperation can accomplish. He spun it as a chance to learn from the enemy and the enemy learn from us so that one day the war between them can be settled and become one peaceful unit.

The results on the ground were just as horrid as the sky. The clean-up began with burials of new and old friends. The quick construction became an united outpost and a small town of the leftovers was being built from the wreckage, none of them thought of returning to their devistated homes. Obrim found the new Commander General of the Republic and Embassador to the Empire's room. He decided to knock instead of use the Mokai AI to communicate. The AI was busy repairing Light's Touch and taking the rust out and conversing with an old friend. He decided it was not that bad to do the same.

"Hey rust bucket, you ready yet? My Heaven's Dragoon's are already gone and they were extra slow today. They decided to send me off with a bang, and I only have one bottle left and it is quickly souring."

He shook the bottle in question like it was a magic speed up talisman. He rudy cheeks showed in his fur.

Sigma
04-28-2010, 08:20 AM
"Hang on, I'll be there in a sec." Isaac said as he slipped in his officer's coat and straightened it out, he looked to his right to stare at a table with a picture of him with his daughter and late wife, "Don't worry....honey...sweety, I'll make you both proud." . as soon as he was decent, he walked over to the door and opened to see his friend, obrim. "Well, shall we celebrate then?" he then noticed his cheeks. "Drank a little without me? *laugh* well you have one at least."

mcstringer
04-28-2010, 09:51 PM
"Hey, I can't let my men out drink me." Obrim stumbled into Isaac's office and room. passing the bottle over to his friend. He found a comfortable spot and sat down.

"To tell the truth, the sneaky bastards tricked me into drinking games. I am just glad I become pseudo-sober on camera or this whole thing might get bad press. Have you contacted your family yet?"

Sigma
04-28-2010, 10:23 PM
"Yeah...I contacted my brother a little while before." Isaac replied."He was taking care of Ellen while I was away." Isaac then walked over to a self with several glass cups, popping opening the bottle and poured the fizzing liquor quickly before a mess was made. "Heh, to think we were at each others throats. now we suddenly are the galaxy last hope of survival. unless we can find those other three." he handed over obrim one the glasses.

mcstringer
04-29-2010, 07:15 AM
"Yeh...we, all of us with a brain that is, had a heathy respect for the Republic soldier. Not so much for your politicans. Ours are as bout as bad. Truce. Armistice. For the past who knows what, it has been an on and off relationship, like brothers, peace just to stab the other in the back."

He took a quick drink from his glass.

"Heard from our AI friend in a while? Think she is still making out with Light Tough?"

I heard that

The AI in question pixelated and appeared from a disk off to the side somewhere.

"Speak of the devil, you are done or just taking an orgy break? Heh, I wouldn't blame you. That big bluka called a ship saved our asses out there. I'd be congratulating him Any way I could."

He motioned his glass in a toast and drank some more of the alcoholic beverage in his glass.

Sigma
04-29-2010, 10:17 AM
For your infromation. yes, all is done. when your ready, The Mokai of the Heliana Sect wish to see you both

"Damn. guess we'll have to get drunk some other day. don't wanna make a bad impression to our new allies now do we?" Isaac then set his glass down and stretches upward as he stood up.

---------

Shadow Sovereign, bridge

"You failed to aquire the relics!!" shouted a holographic figure of of a elderly worm-like alien (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-2259.jpg), saren kneeled before the hologram, "Heirarch, we were met more resistance then we thought.....an-"

"You will be silent!" the heirarch ordered. "I care not of your excuses, lord Arterius. however....it seems we put a task not suited for one lord alone..."

"What are you saying?"

"We are sending others to assist you in your mission."

"Sire! this was a mere set back! I do not need any assist-"

"The council has spoken! do you wish to argue any further?"

"....no heirarch...I will do as the council wills..."

mcstringer
04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
"Man...I had a head start on you, too."

Obrim set down his glass and practicly flipped himself out of his comfortable place and stretched. He was already acting like he was never drunk in the first place.

"Guess we have to see what the big wigs want with us."

He plodded over to the door and opened it and bowed theatricly.

"After you."

Sigma
04-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Light's Touch, Command Bridge
"Master, are you sure these two are the chosen ones?" A mokai knight asked a cloaked figure.

"Yes, I was sure once we arrived....I sense great amount of mana centered around those two. we may win the war to come iuf we make great haste."

Approaching behind the two, an human (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-1918.jpg) mokai warrior clad in armor, "Sirs, the chosen ones have arrived."

"Good, we can finally meet at last." Master said to the knight beside him.

mcstringer
04-30-2010, 01:12 AM
They were outside the compound and city of Fort Hope. The dusty pollen the resent terraforming made Obrim want to sneese. Light's Touch was infront of them with its engines humming ready for take off.

" She is a Be~aut up close. Never heard Ori be so reverant like that in a while. I wonder what these 'Mokai' are like. I just hope they aren't pompous assholes that believe they are always right."

A causeway fell from the ship once they were close enough, and a door lock opened for entrance. Once they were aboard a guard stopped them with a hand.

"Turn over your weapons."

"Hells no!"

Obrim took the arm on his shoulder and judo moved it behind his back, and he was behind the guard.

"First, you don't touch me. I just got through fighting your battle for you. Though I am thankful for your save. DON'T order me around. I still don't believe jack shit about your story. Who is good, who is bad, and who I will work for, I will be the judge of got it."

The guard massaged his wrist a little bit after being released. He might have some explaining to Isaac for his behavior later.

Sigma
05-03-2010, 08:11 AM
"Remind me not to piss you off." Isaac said as the two entered the ship. walking down the corridors passing by people of arious races of which all stared at the two. "Guess they all heard who we are." he said.

mcstringer
05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
He looked behind to his war buddy as he walked on. He kept a cautious eye always on his surroundings.

"Heh heh heh, sorry, It is an insult in my culture to ask a warrior for his weapon. Imperial politics is slightly different than yours. Some days are peaceful, and some days you could die at the drop of the hat, quiet literally in some cases. It is also why I really don't trust these people. An old saying goes 'look at the right hand, but know what the left hand is doing', it's part of the reason we kick Republic ass in the sabatoge department."

Sigma
05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
"Huh? so that explains it." he was referring to last bit.

They soon arrive to the command bridge, greeted by a cloacked figure and a mokai (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-114.jpg) warrior clad with pieces of armor like most of the ones onboard.

"I'm guessing you're Master Tai. " Isaac spoke to the cloaked man.

"That would be me indeed." tai replied as he brushed back his hood and revealed his identity (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-2013.jpg). he was an Ithora, a peaceful race whos homeworld is located within the Inner Rim Regions. they have long, curving necks and T-shaped heads.

"Your an Ithora? strange of you to be these parts of the galaxy, especially in the sector's current situarion."

"What my reasons here are not importent." Master Tai said. "However, what is importent is you two. the A.I., Oriana had informed me of all that has happened. and I am indeed confident that you are the Chosen Ones."

mcstringer
05-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Obrim strayed to the left of Isaac and let him do most of the speaking. He kept his eyes out for any unwanted visitors to their little party, but by an exagerated guess and the experience with his own power in the recent battle pretty well said that Isaac and Obrim could be massacred by the only three others in the room.

"Glad your confident. I am not convinced. I am pretty sure that we are just convient beatsticks. Oriana showed us pictures of individual fights and galactic wars lasting for eons until the Dark Mokai were imprisoned. Time you took to hide from society in wait for your 'Chosen Ones'. Time you could have been openly helping, Time you could have grown stronger. Hell, this shit could have been stopped before we came along. This whole moon saw you obliterate that Dark Mokai ship without blinking. Then stand and take it from another aleast twice the size. If this good side needs some trumped up 'Chosen Ones' to get off their lazy asses to fight for what they believe, then it is not exactly a side I want to be a part of."

Obrim was breathing hard as he finish. His furry face red with anger and frustration, not a battler's anger, but a mourner's. The kind that just screams "WHY?"

Sigma
05-04-2010, 04:53 AM
"You dare to speak to the Master Sage with such disrespect! " The knight flanking tai spoke in anger. "If you are unwilling to fight..."

Before he could speak any further, Master Tai rose his hand and the knight went silent.

"I can sense your anger." Tai spoke to obrim. "And it is understandable. however, we tread carefully when dealing with the dark mokai. for our numbers are too few of those willing to take arms. we are but few sects that are preparing for the coming war." he paused for a minute and then turned to face the viewing glass of the bridge. "The Dark Mokai you faced were merely a scout force...the Dark Covenant has it's evil influence spread throughout the galaxy. entire worlds, systems, even governments have fallen into their hands without the notice of the populace. and they will use those resources to further their plans."

"Wait...that's a little hard to take in..or even believe." Isaac said in disbelief. "So not only do we have to fight an some covenant...but shadow governments as well?"

"It is indeed true." the knight replied. "The Covenant's influence extends most the outer and mid rims of the galaxy. the most chaotic and war torn elements of the galaxy."

"However, we beg of you to help us in our fight. we can not afford to let our enemies know we are building up. you two must find the other three chosen ones and unite your powers in defeating the Dark One."

mcstringer
05-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Obrim was ready to tear the Mokai knight's head from his shoulders until Master Tai put his hand up to stop them. It was more than his hand like a bubble of pressure to keep them apart. Obrim calmed a little as he listened to the master. He still kept a pointed eye on the knight.

"Seems the other sects should be during other things, if they don't want to fight: healing, distaster relief, building and rebuilding, or create a passive information network."

He was alittle floored the Dark Mokai had that much power. He waited for Isaac to finish before saying anything. Before he could the master begged for help. Something he did not expect and neither did the knight that was enraged earlier. Both their faces showed surpise, Obrim's the more controled eyebrow raise; The knight's mouth dropped open.

"Sir, the..."

Again the hand was up to stop the knight. Obrim shook his head. Guilt trips worked every time.

"Ok... suppose we help you. How do you want to do this? It is obvious the two of us aren't near ready considering we were just told who you think we are, and we only got these nifty toys a few months ago."

Obrim took out his Mokai sword and dangled it like a rinky-dink trinket, angering the knight again.

"I have an idea of attack, but if your too honor bound it will not work."

Obrim glanced at Isaac a knowing look passed between them. Isaac knew what Obrim was talking about, but Obrim did not know, if he would agree. To Obrim, this war can't be on a traditional battlefield. It had to be in the silent shadow of espoinage, sabatoge, and assassination.

Sigma
05-04-2010, 06:57 AM
After a few moments of giving strange looks to obrim, he sighed and looked to the master. "Just a bit of warning. like he side, it may go beyond your limits. but since there's going to be a war, we'll need to whatever it takes to get to them first."

"Master! I fear what the xagari is planing may lead to more problems..."

"Patience." he said to him and then focused his attention at obrim. "I will listen to what your plans are."

----------------

Planet Sorunna, few light years from Helina

"We're en route to Sorunna, my lord." A servant droid droned to saren as he sat in on his chair in the bridge, looking out to the planet. Sorrunna was and is a regional hub of commerce and corporate interests of many different companies, as well as a hotspot for criminals, mercenaries, smugglers and your general scum. it is a very corrupt world.

It is at this world were Lord Arterius will meet his new "Partners", as well as base his operations there for now.

mcstringer
05-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Obrim honored the master was willing to listen. Obrim stood in a thinking pose trying to phrase his words carefully. He wanted the master to listen and think on what he said. He was also not in the Imperial court so he tried to remove some of the color and twist in his approach. He tried to deal honestly with as many people as he could. It always turned to his favor in the end. When Obrim was ready, he started slowly walking around the area of the room. He kept an eye on some person inside the room at all times. He spoke slowly, but sure, enough that the speech was clear and not droning. His training in politics as a young kit was about to come to play.

"This is the Imperial view of the Xagari Empire of our situation. If you want a different flip to the picture, then ask Isaac my Republic friend for his view."

Obrim picked up a small metal trinket in the room and began tossing it from hand to hand to quiet his mind. Something an Imperial would capitalize on, if he saw it.

"We reveal the Mokai Order anew to the world in public in front of the press..., but it will be spinned as your group being historians or religious fanatics that discovered a Temple with the writings of the Dark Mokai threat, and your Order somehow has the answer to their needs. With a little cooperation, you can help eliminate the Dark Mokai. Etc etc.

That idea has the most dangers and threats to the Order as a whole: it exposes you to your enemies, assassins at every corner, you'd be used as chess pieces for politics, but if done right you get the strength of both the Sometaaw Republic and the Xagari Empire at your backs, which is considerable considering what we have now. The Order becomes the humanitarians of the galaxy with the perfect face, and not everyone has to fight.

The other is we keep on the low radar and keep silent on who we are. We become mercenaries, smugglers, drifters, or people that take odd jobs any jobs to get by to gain information on the Dark Mokai and assassinate them. Little by little, one by one, they will die. This weakens the Dark Mokai into them killing each other out of mistrust, if they haven't started already. Not pretty, but in my opinion it gets the job done better because lives are not chess pieces, leaves the Dark Mokai thinking they are winning, and it uses the small amount of forces we have effectively. The other Mokai of your Order don't even have to breathe except keep an ear to the ground for any Dark Mokai in their area."

Obrim returned to where he found the bobble and placed it where it belonged signaling an end to his speech.

"If we choose one we might, I repeat, might be able to do the other either at the same time, or at a later date, but the timing has to be right for that to happen. Like I said before, if you don't like my Imperialist idea's, then I am sure Isaac has a few that you' might like to hear. When on the battlefield, he has had the more experience at commanding from a higher altitude than me. In fact, we could tell when we were fighting him, the Republic troops had more backbone."

Sigma
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
The knight stepped forward from his master's side. "While I think of your second plan as.....questionable.....I have to admit that disrupting the Dark Mokai will turn the tide in our favor."

"He is correct." Tai said in agreement. "We can not risk our fellow mokai that may die if we reveal ourselves too soon....but there will come a time when we show ourselves to the galaxy. however, it will have to wait for now..."

"Glad we got that settled then." Isaac said. "For once, I agree with imperial methods....when it's not me or my men at stake, heh."

Master Tai walked over to the two, briefly staring at them both. "Very well, if that is all you may leave whenever you wish. now I must take my leave." he then walked pass them, as he was about to exit the bridge, he turned his head slightly back, "Oh, Knight Zavron." he called the knight by name.

"Yes, master?"

"I want you to accompany the chosen ones on their quest."

"WHAT?!" he shouted loudly. "With respect, master, am I not needed here at your side?"

"I thought you would be honored fighting alongside the chosen ones."

"Yes....uh.....*sigh*, as you wish master.."

"Good! not if you excuse me. I have other matters to attend too."

mcstringer
05-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Obrim stood like a duck out of water, because he didn't have a clue what to do next. He just delivered the speech of his life without stepping on any toes. He was kinda proud of that. he just did not know what to do after. He turned to face the flustered knight and Isaac.

"Sooo what know?"

Sigma
05-04-2010, 10:12 PM
"Well..." Isaac began. "If we gonna be working under a mercenary alias. we're going to need transportation." he then looked to zavron. "And am guessing using one of your ships would be a bad idea?"

"Yes....if you don't want to get noticed." zavron replied. "However I can arrange a ship for a one way trip. after that, we're on our own."

"Good, then get it done. we're going to Sorunna. there's bound to be smugglers we can hire."

mcstringer
05-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Obrim spoke as they walked away.

"I might still have some connections there from my police days. Useful for getting around, jobs, a ship of our own, people, and new weapons and clothes. I know I wont be able to use some of my weapons. They are clearly marked as Imperial. I'll head to my room to re-fit and sleep. We'll leave as soon as you can get us that ride."

Without talking to the others further, Obrim was off the ship and went straight to his room. He had to prepare to face people he never wanted to talk to again. His family, The Royal Imperial Family of the Xagari Empire.

Sigma
05-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Isaac as well took his leave and soon left the ship to his room. some time later he walked in his room and looked to his left, seeing a the Holo-communicator. a saucer-shaped device used by civilians. a holo image of a keyboard materialized on the surface of the device. he tapped down a few buttons and A holographic screen soon appeared afterwards.

An image of a small droid (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Robots/robot-2314.jpg) appeared. "Master Isaac! it has been a while since you had called."

"Hello Pi-Kay." Isaac said. "Is my brother on?"

"I'm afraid not" pi-kay replied. "He has left me to care fo-"

The droid was interrupted as a young girl around nine years of age with brown hair and sparkling blue eyes appearing behind him. "Hi daddy!" she shouted cheerfully.

"Hey sweety!" Isaac responded with a smile. "How're you doing? anything happen today?"

"Nope. me and Sha were just playing with Kay!" the droid shuddered by the looks of it after her words. "Alright, but be careful with him."

"I will daddy! so when will you be home?"

Those words hit Isaac hard, gulping. he hated that he has spent all these months away from his daughter. he may have to spend even more looking for the other chosen ones, but he had to tell her. "Honey....I might come home for a while....daddy has more work to do..."

The girls cheerful expression was soon replaced with a frown. "Is it about the army?"

"No...we're done fighting each other....it's a secret, you have to trust me sweety. but when I come back, we'll have a family trip! you, me and all our friends. and I'll tell you about my adventure, ok?"

"Ya....ok...."

"Be good for your uncle. I love you."

"Love you too." and he then shut it off. a single tear running down his cheek. he feared for the future..what if he died during the mission? what if the Dark Mokai were to find her? all these thoughts ran through his ran like crazy traffic.

Don't think too hard about it

"Ori?" you heard?" he said when she spoke. "I worry for her....ever since her mother died in that accident.."

It's ok. as long as you find the others. I'm sure she'll be safe

"Ya...thanks.."

mcstringer
05-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Obrim scratched his eyes in front of his holo-com, with a wave of his hand a holographic keyboard appeared. He pressed one key, one key that felt like doom to him, and the image of the Imperial seal of the Xagari Empire appeared. It was a gold Dragon coiled around itself with ruby eyes, if there was a background it would be solid purple. It was the loading screen to a private channel he dreaded calling. For no other reason besides it was his family's phone number.

The symbol soon disappeared to become a blank screen, then an image of an expensive bedroom: Mega King-sized bed with purple silk sheets with golden overhangings; gold, silver, copper, and bronze everywhere and, all of it, functioning pieces: The silver swords on the wall are sharpened and used almost every day, bronze sheild polished like a mirror, copper opium bong recently used because opium smoke was in the air; all of that was sitting on something as expensive or more; jewel encrusted/embedded things were like candies, ther were everywhere; expensive rugs looked newly bought from the store.

Obrim shook his head in kind despair. To excess as usual brother. The white ears of an abino fox flipped playfully at the bottom of the screen. It was followed by a fake high-pitched voice.

"I am sorry, but the master is not in."

"I am looking for the face that goes with those ears, brother. I don't have time to go with you games."

The same voice spoke.

"Password?"

Obrim rolled his eyes. He practically hated what he was about to say, but he had to get it over with.

"Violet. It is purple, but I don't have time to argue the light spectrum with you, so violet."

The ears stopped moving and stood as if shocked to attention, replaced with the sounds of chairs and objects moving, and again with the regal face of the Imperial Prince Mareul Dragon. The abino form of his brother was regal in all sense of the word with his pink eyes shining, white fur silky, and every time he opened his mouth a beautiful song exuded, but that song was one of the siren, of Iago, or of a trickter. He was one that used you until you died because you were no longer of any use. He was trained that way. He was trained by the best in the art of the silk tounge and stabbing handshake. It did not take the Prince long to turn on his teachers by hiring an assassin to kill them with a hat James Bond style, while sitting at diner.

"oh heyy, brother... long time no see. Why are you calling now? Congradulations on the major promotion to General, and of the Heaven's Dragoons no less."

"Yah... well, your still alive. An acomplishment on its own, but I need to tell you something, something you would not believe. In return, I need my old stuff re-opened, my 'you know whats sent here'. You'll know what I mean when you hear this. Do we have a deal?"

"Of course, let's hear it, we will see what happens after the story."

"You aren't going to believe me, but hear it goes......."

He told of finding an ancient temple with pictures of an ancient fight, then the agreement with a Republic Commander to find a solution to the new problem, when the ancient army showed up on their door step. He told of some of the head commanders defection and death. Then, the total decimation of the fleet in the air and the forces on land. Obrim told of the final stand at Fort Hope. He even told of the god sent ship from an outside faction obliterating the enemy and sending what was left on the run. He also told his brother that he recieved information the enemy he fought on the moon in the middle of asteriods still has more strength, money, and ships. Obrim told Maruel of the possibly that some were inside the Imperial government.

"...These people are a threat to the Imperial ideals, and the Republic agrees with me that something had to be done. So a plan was devised that we become mercenaries and start kill these 'Dark Mokai' from the shadows. Which is what I need my old accounts and things for."

The crown prince smile a devil's smile.

"I knew we'd get to the meat of it. You'll have your accounts, IDs, weapons, clothes, and miscelleniouse stuff from back in your old days as a Imperial Enforcer. We'll reroute and tweek everything incase your enemies haven't forgotten you. You'll have it all by morning tommorrow."

"Thank you brother. I sent you data from my battle visor, on the enemies I have fought and any new data as agreed before I left."

"Good glad to be doing business with you. Maruel out."

Obrim was just glad it was all over and crashed in full dress on his bed.

Sigma
05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
A little while after calling his daughter, Isaac heard several knocks from the door and stood from his seat to check who's at the door. as he opened the door wide, he would see zavron. "I'm assuming you have our ride to Sorunna?" he asked.

Zavron nodded. "Yes, we can leave whenever you and your furry friend are ready."

"Ya...I've gotten a few thinks out of the way. how bout we check up on obrim?"

"As you wish." with thst, the two go off to Obrim's room.

-------------------

Sorunna, orbital docks, aboard the Shadow Sovereign

"Lord Arterius. we finally meet." A man (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-2027.jpg) in a lab coat with plum colored hair said as he was greeted by the dark mokai lord. along side him was a woman (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-103.jpg) with a lighter shade of his hair and several dak mokai troopers (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Soldiers/soldier-1265.jpg).

"You must be Dr. Rekugis' replacement." Saren said.

"Why of course." he replied. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor Cain." he then turned to the woman, "And this Treala, my assistant and your new second."

"A pleasure to meet you my lord." she said.

Saren remained silent until they were done speaking and went on to the next question, "What of the others?"

"Oh. they have other businesses to attend to...." cain replied. "But they'll arrive soon.."

mcstringer
05-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Obrim disconneted from his call with his brother and began withdrawing all he had on the planet of their first destination. The planet Sorunna was a place he was very familiar with from his days in the Imperial Police Force. He has personally chased criminals over a large part of the galaxy and most of them used Sorunna at some point. He just hoped most of his data was still available.

He heard a knock on his door. Obrim quickly put his computer to sleep. He did not want anyone else to know the plan.

"Come in"

When the door slid open, he let out a small breath. It was Isaac and Zavron at the door.

"Please excuse the mess. Find a seat. I'll debrief both of you on Sorunna as best I can."

He waited for the both of them to find a seat. He turned to press a button on his computer, threw a projector disk on the floor and pressed another key on the keyboard. A 3-D image of Sorunna (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090823203857/masseffect/images/thumb/c/c8/Omega_03.jpg/800px-Omega_03.jpg) fizzled to life. He began pacing like the sargeant at heart he was during the debriefing.

"Sorunna the worst piece of filth in this sector of space. It is the haven of everyone. The oppurtunists, smugglers, murderers, bullies, dopers, addicts, and the hopeless. There is a literal laundry list of people and things you can and will find in Sorunna.

Absolutely anything can be found in Sorunna. If you did not find what you want on the day you get there, then wake up tomorrow. TA-DA! like magic it is. Keep your money close and count it often, but never in the open. The merchants will scam you out of your bottom dollar and will sell their mothers if they think they can get you to take them.

Their are two new mercenary groups that have assembled themselves around Sorunna. I don't know much about them besides a name, but I can guarantee they will be easy recruits for the Dark Mokai, the Red Rage and Blue Suns."

He turned off the display by pressing the same keyboard key.

"Any questions? I've got a bunch of stuff coming tommorrow. Some of my old stuff is coming by shuttle. We can use it to equip ourselves with more common weapons and the like."

Sigma
05-08-2010, 08:36 AM
"Why just wait? we should leave as soon as possible. the more we delay. the more time the enemy has in preparation for war."

"No, we should wait and see. I don't want us arriving to Sorunna just to have hordes of mercs and cultists shooting up our asses." Another thought struck Isaac as he turned his attention to Obrim. "By the way.....should I, or we all, be worried about running into anyone from your past occupation?...with a grudge

mcstringer
05-09-2010, 12:09 AM
"Nope, pretty sure most are dead, in prison, or don't give a shit. I was careful not to step on as many toes as I could. Like a said, I've got some old stuff to look more outlawish."

Obrim made a pointed look at Zavron because out of Isaac or Zavron, Zavron was the most clueless.

"Now, let's relax a little."

Obrim hit a part of a wall with the outside of his left arm. A secret cabinet slid out. From inside, he pulled out a foldable table, a few of the same chairs, and a pokir deck. He also grabbed a bottle of saki from the same cabinet and serving cups.

"Well, what are you waiting for..."

Sigma
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
"Ah, never cease to surprise, huh?" Isaac said as he took a seat and took a full cup, chugging it down in one gulp. "Ahh! that's the stuff. care to join us?" Isaac asked Zavron, he shacked his head. "I'm afraid I'll have to decline. the masters usually discourage drinking.."

"But they don't outright forbid it?"

"Well...no..not exactly."

"Come on! let loose. don't be so tight. as far as we know today and tomorrow, we're just mercs."

"Well...alright. if you insist." Zavron said as he took his seat and reluctantly grabbed a cup and took a sip. "Hmmm...this is...interesting."

mcstringer
05-09-2010, 01:25 AM
After they were well under and comfortable, Obrim passed a wink to Isaac. He took the pack of pokir cards and started shuffling.

"You know how to play pokir, Zavron. It is ok if you don't. We can teach you some of the basics. We will be playing low soldier's stakes so you don't have to worry about your spending money leaving you."

Obrim started passing out the cards, and played a few hands until the night came.
-------

Obrim woke up with the biggest hang over of his life with the boom boom of his heart joining with the knock at his door.
"Fuck.."

Obrim rolled out of bed with cotton mouth and scratched his fur. He walked to the door and press the action button to open it. An anonymous Imperial soldier passed him the delivery notice, which he quickly signed.

"Thank you sir. Here is you package."

Obrim barely had enough time to move out of the way by plastering himself against the wall, when the "packages" were pushed through. The packages in question were two weapon lockers, 2 chests, and 2 armor lockers.

"Damn, he works fast."

A letter was tossed into his hands full of cash, credits, and IDs.

"Now, all I've got to do is wait for Zavron and Isaac."

Sigma
05-09-2010, 05:38 AM
"Forgive me chosen one, but damn you and your alcohol..." Zavron said as had one hand over his scalp as he felt the throbbing pain of a headache. "I should've stood my ground..."

"If you let yourself go more often. hang overs will be the least of your problems..." Isaac responded, also feeling the effects.

In a few minutes, the two arrive to Obrim's room. later as they entered they were shocked to see what arrived. "Damn....this is a bit much....but always be prepared right?"

mcstringer
05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Obrim made a fanciful flurish towards the lockers and mule kicked the trunks on the ground. Opening them to show melee weapons, uprgades, and clothes.

"Have fun boys."

He held an arm out to Zavron's chest.

"Hold it, Mr. I've Never Played Pokir before. You're going last. It is a little punishment for cleaning my ass out last night."

Sigma
05-09-2010, 09:09 AM
"Hahahaha!" Isaac begun laughing, barely able to control himself. "Man did he show you!" he then looked at the wide range of weapons, clothing and other assorted items. "Ohh....the Avenger (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/weapon-13.jpg)!" Isaac exclaimed happily as he lifted the assault rifle from the locker. "Think I'll hold on too this baby. lets see what else you got here...." Isaac then found a regular set of cloths with the matching color of black.

"Hehe, I would prefer to remain as I am in now." Zavron said.

"At least take this." Isaac said as he threw a Predator (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/weapon-17.jpg) Pistol towards him. almost dropping it but caught it in time. "Just in case. never know when your mokai weapons won't come in handy. anyway, when's that ship coming?"

"Half an hour from now. you two best be prepared. once we're offworld, we can't go back."

mcstringer
05-12-2010, 07:37 AM
"Hehe, I would prefer to remain as I am in now." Zavron said.

"Least you could do is change out of that..." Obrim waved his hand ambiguously toward Zavron.

"At least take this." Isaac said as he threw a Predator Pistol towards him. almost dropping it but caught it in time. "Just in case. never know when your mokai weapons won't come in handy. anyway, when's that ship coming?"

"Half an hour from now. you two best be prepared. once we're offworld, we can't go back."

"Welp, I'll be prepared with THIS."

Obrim made a show of kicked open a floor locker. It expanded and contracted like a fisherman's toolbox. On the back wall of it sat a M-92 Mantis (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100209135843/masseffect/images/2/26/Mantis_Sniper.png) on the left and right respectivily sat a Tempest (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100210161313/masseffect/images/3/30/X9d_Tempest.png) and a Carnifex Hand Canon (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100208124834/masseffect/images/9/9a/X6c_Carnifex.png). On the bottom sat a set of treated crimson red leathers woven with blaster resistant fibers, a long sleeve jacket, pants, bracers, boots, and a dusty cowboy-like hat. There was a curious ring on top of it all. It was large enough to fit on his tail. 2 black fingerless gloves sat with them

"Yah, yah, I know waay too much red, but it saved my ass one too many times to doubt it. I've got business on Sournna anyway. I have to return that sniper rifle to its rightful owner. With his luck, we'll be doing business with him soon."

Obrim waved Zavron and Isaac out of the room. He wanted to protect them from what could happen next.

"I'll be at the port on time. I'll need a minute to prepare. Old memories and all that, Thank you"

Once the door closed, Obrim bent down and picked up the ring. He reached around to the base his tail. The ring opened to a half moon, and he placed it on his tail. The ring quickly inclosed. Obrim felt intense pain, and he screamed.

"Ahha, forgot how much that hurt."

His normally furry tail was transformed into a light platnium alloy serpintine tail with a coned end. It seemed semi-intellegent as it opened it's end spiting it in four sections with a red eye. It was reacting to purily natural instinctive cranial nerves. He stretched the new tail to its full length anding another 2 feet to the tail and completely collapsed it into itself until it was completely flush against him. He stumbled for a little bit, trying to become used to not having a tail.

"Now to get the rest of the stuff on."

Once the clothes were on, Obrim began placing his weapons upon his belt with magnetic clips. He placed the sniper rifle on his back. A magnetic pad was there to catch it and hold it in place. He added the palladium bracers with undercover sharpened plates that can be slipped out to be used as throwing knives. He kept the HUD com on his ear, and he tossed the battle gloves that would identify him as an officer with the fingerless gloven Omni-tools that had rested in the trunk.
--------

Obrim walked to the port and met the waiting Zavron and Isaac. They might think it a little strange he did not have a tail. He thought he looked slightly rogueish with the addition of the worn cowboy hat.

"Aight, if you've got the tickets let's bounce."

Obrim's stature and demenor had changed from an upright soldier to an uncooth rogue.

Sigma
05-12-2010, 08:31 AM
The starship soon left the port and sped upward to orbit. as it breached the atmosphere and reached space. the ship was motionless for a few minutes. as the ship's ether drive begun humming. the captain soon ordered for a jump, and in the instant the ship blinked as it entered ether space.

----------------

Sournna

"Alright gentlemen, we've arrived to Sournna." the captain spoke over the intercom. "Home of scum and villainy." with that done with. the ship begun moving in slowly to dock, and as the ship moved in. Isaac, sitting near a window, noticed something unpleasant they passed by, widening his eyes. "Oh shit..." he said, zavron's ears catching Isaac's words. "What troubles you?"

"Uh guys....you're gonna need to see this." Isaac said as he pointed outside. zavron was first to see what it was, his eyes widened as well. "By the stars!" he said as he saw the dark mokai ship that rescued saren.

"It's that ship that left the battle....which means that bastard is here.."

mcstringer
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Obrim pushed his way from the very back of the shuttle. He also kept an eye on the Mokai weapons he nearly forgot to transport with them. Kinda hard to tell who is a Chosen One, if you don't have the Chosen Weapons. He still carried his, except it was securily fastened to the back of his lower back hidden by his King of Dragons rock metal t-shirt and crimson palladium weave leather jacket. Spying the ship that almost killed them all, he patted the ships captain on the shoulder.

"Can you park this far away from that thing, please? We're just a little freaked out by it is all."

The captain didn't buge.

"Sure I'll let you off over here."

He pulled to the side of the Slum District. He made his ship hover in place and opened the side door.

"Ok, everybody out."

Obrim paid the man his credits worth plus a tip and hopped out with the Chosen Weapons bag. He waited for the others to get out and for the captain to leave.

"K, first priority is to find a place to bunk, and second is to change Zavron out of his duds. Now that we know they are still here. Zavron, you are a @###$ beacon in armor. We'll get to IDs and job establishment after that."

Sigma
05-12-2010, 10:56 PM
"I may have to agree...I will be...less noticeable." Zavron said as he felt a chill on his spin. feeling the dark presence of that vessel and it's occupants. "Let us hope we got about unnoticed for the moment.."

"Well....lets get this over with, the faster we get our IDs and a place to rest. the faster we can screw the the Dark Mokai over."

--------------

Some where in the slum district, a man in dirty and ragged cloths was frantically running pass a crowd, pushing and shoving his way out, fleeing from a pair of blue suns troopers. "Target is out of range! aborting pursuit!" one of them said.

"Call in the Shadow Stars." the second said.

--------------

The man continued to run even if his pursuers stopped. he knew of the blue suns new employers and wanted no part of any of it. as he ran down into a dimly lit alley, he stopped to catch a breath, scanning his surroundings for anything out of the ordinary and noticed mist forming around him. "No...no..."

The mist grew thicker and thicker until he could hardly see anything. as it died down, three figures (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Soldiers/soldier-1358.jpg). they wore strange masks and were extremely thin for humans, or something humanoid. "You can not run...or hide from us.." a voice spoke behind the man, as he turned to see who it was, an arm burst from the mist and grabbed him by the neck and forced him against the wall.

The Attacker was a man (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Aliens/Alien-1104.jpg) in a black skin-tight suit with a strange tail-like appendage protruding from the back of his head. "You think you can simply run? we can't afford any traitors or deserters..and you're no exception." he then let the man go, in the instant, one of the assassins shot him in the head with a wrest gun. the leader set his fingers on his left ear, "This is Shaz kani. target has been eliminated, retuning to Shadow Sovereign."

mcstringer
05-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Obrim lead the gang through the backstreets and unpopluated alleyways of Sournna. It smells like Hell was eaten, crapped out, and then stepped on, but it helped them avoid attention and made it difficult for anyone following to keep tabs on the group.

They eventually made it to small dank thing that could represent an inn or motel of some kind in a fantasy novel. Obrim rolled his eyes at cliches and walked in. He held the door open for the other two while his eyes roamed the street outside. They caught of the owner; as the group walked it, the human opened his mouth in a smile that was missing a few teeth. He let Isaac do the talking from here on in. To Obrim, the looked like he was begging to be punched.

Sigma
05-14-2010, 07:05 AM
"What can I do you fer?" the owner asked as Isaac approached him. "Got any rooms?" Isaac asked. "We're planning to stick around a while."

"Depends...how much you got?" the owner grinned."

"Look...we just need some rooms. nothing special."

"Like this dump can offer anything.." Zavron said to himself, trying his best not to be heard.

"Sorry. no creds, no rooms." the owner said with a smirk. he was beginning to test the group's patience. Isaac tried to keep his cool and set down a hundred credits. "Hmm...think I'll need more if you wanna stay."

"*Sigh* And I thought this would be easy..." Isaac said, in the instant he pulled out his pistol and stuffed it in the owner's mouth. "How about this....you take the credits there...and I wont blow your head off, ok?"

He nodded frantically as Isaac pulled the pistol out of his mouth and latched it on the magnetic pad on his right side. the owner placed a single keycard leading to the only room in the building with three beds. "Thank you for your generosity." Isaac said as he turned to Obrim and Zavron with a proud smile. "That was easy."

mcstringer
06-03-2010, 04:42 AM
The room wasn't much. Hell, it was the expected piece of @#$# but it only had one window and it was butt up against another bulding that could be accessed for an escape route. Obrim's furry ear twitched in feral excitement. He set the bags he down he was carring with a slap and click of the mysterous and possibly dangerous.

"So do we Ro-Sham-Boe(paper-rock-sissors) for the only bed in this rat hole? I am in need of a nap. I haven't been this paranoid in a long while."

Sigma
06-04-2010, 06:21 AM
"Do as you wish." Zavron said as he turned and existed out the door, "I'm going out for a short walk. need to survey the area for any of the Dark One's agents."

Isaac just shrugged. "Try not to get killed will ya?" he then turned to Obrim and was ready to play this little game of Ro-Sham-Boe." Alright...1...2...3.."

mcstringer
06-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Obrim a little mad he lost the game after a 2 out of 3 then 3 out of 5 match sourly unrolled a mat and began to set himself up in a corner.

"Sometime soon I would like to walk the markets and get information, but that does not have to happen now....."

The conversation continued as a shadowy figure waded its way to his master. The creature could only see a silouette. His master was hidden in darkeness.

"Ma'am, an old friend(Obrim) has appeared again. Just like you said he would."

"Good now go away before you waste more of my time."

Sigma
06-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Zavron took his stroll throughout the Slum District and was both shocked and disturbed to see the amount of corruption that festers from this world. passing by group making up of various races, betting on a match between two poor kwell pups in a small pit, and although small, a kwell still proved deadly even if young.

"Such cruelty.." he whispered to himself. he processed onward, and continued his search.

mcstringer
06-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Obrim rubbed his sore back after the hard work of re-arranging the wafe of a room to something more defensable and useable with Isaac's help. The also cracked open the side wall and made an improv bridge out of leftovers to the next building for miscellenous uses.

"Ow... I am soo soore. I wish I thought to bring some beer along."

Obrim began to collect his complex staff, his Mokai sword, and a Tempest with some thermal clips from a chest.

"I am going to go look for Zavron. I just feel too jumpy for a.." Obrim tried to soften his next comment because Zavron was a comrade, "an inocent like him to be out and about. I think something is going to happen around him...you can come, if you want."

Obrim knew full well he could not tell Isaac what to do, so he just let him decide. His last pieces of equipment to put on were his Omni-tool gloves. He was heavily pacing about with worry. He was finally fully used to being without a tail to balance with and use the specail tail ring to weaponize the tail quickly.

Sigma
06-10-2010, 04:32 AM
"Sure, why not. would be better then this dump." Isaac said as he collected his weapons and followed behind of obrim shortly as they existed out the building. "Let's just hope he won't attract any trouble for us."

-------------

"C'mon little lady...pay up or we get nasty..." A Blue Suns Sergeant said as he harassed a young woman who owned a small shop, flanking him were two of his men.

"I said I don't have the money!" she cried.

"That's lie and you know it!" one of the troopers shouted.

"Please...just give me more time...." She begged. "My family will starve..."

"Well tough @#$#." the Sergeant said without sympathy in his tone. "You're gonna pay...some other way...." he turned to both troopers and gave a nod. what came next made them grin beneath their hemlets. they moved in and grabbed the woman by her arms. "Your body might be worth more to us...heheh..

"NO! STOP!" she screamed and struggled from their grasp. as they were about to take her away, one of the troopers paused and fell on the ground, the other seeing a he was shot in the back. "What the hell?"

They turned to see Zavron approaching them, "Stop right there and unhand that woman!" he demanded.

"Oh, so we got ourselves a bold one!" the trooper said. the sergeant then pulled out two tempests and aimed for him. "Want her? well come here!"

mcstringer
06-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Obrim practicly strolled around the streets of the Slum District. He honestly could care less about the Mokai Warrior, and wasn't suprised at all when he saw some mercenaries in blue rush about the streets heading in the general direction they were going. He turned to Isaac and forked a thumb in their direction.

"You wanna take any bets on the direction they are going?"

He waited for Isaac's answer to let him lead the way. Obrim checked his weapons, and his hand slowed over the Mokai sword. He was determined not to draw it, if he could help it. He also carried a spare Chosen Weapon on Isaac's sugestion. They were off at a comfortable jog.

((sorry got busy. Here you go.))