Shani Alhema: Special Mission

Post Limit: None - - - - - - Time Limit: Determined by IC events
Maximum time in between posts: 48 hours

Strike Team (2):
Archeos
NPCs (1):
Unknown

Players (1):
Shani Alhema (P.K.) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1016016&viewfull=1#post1016016)

Defending Force:
Aeregos
NPCs (--):
Prison Guard Swordsmen/Archers (x--)
Trained to keep all of Aeregos' prisoners right where they are, these soldiers work in perfect unison when trying to stomp out an escape or infiltration.

General Rai-Gonsura, the Cliff Breaker
After his failed capture of the traitor, Zhao Zilong, Rai-Gonsura has come to assure that their prisoner will not leave until she has given them the intel needed to capture Zhao Zilong, and until she lies dead.

GM:
E1Alpha

Posting Order
P.K.
|
E1Alpha (GM)

Introduction:

The dimly lit prison cell in Aeregos’ detention facility on the border between Aeregos and Paladin Grove was a well-known death row, where war prisoners were kept for interrogation, followed by either conversion or execution. The superiors had already decided the latter to be the fate of Archeon prisoner Shani Alhema. Locked away in a small 3 by 3 meter prison cell, she was forced to live on a diet of half-cooked rice and dried meat, a better meal than in some prisons, but still a degrading meal. The guards in this prison were some of the most veteran warriors Aeregos had ever known, so any attempt to escape was going to be met with brutal and merciless force.
However, the ultimate detention facility had rang the alarm bell. An intruder had been sighted and had taken out two patrols by now. Outside the cells, guards could be heard preparing for battle.

P.K.
12-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Shani had been sitting in her cell in silence her breathing soft and calm, but inside was turmoiled, she was frightened but defiant to her captures, She was unable to believe that her queen was dead but something in her kept saying it was true. when the bells began to ring she had started up as men outside of her cell began to stir. Shouts, orders, warnings and the rattled and clank of weapons and armor. She picked her way to the door peering out tiny bars into the chaos that now ensued as they prepared for battle.

What could it be? she didn't expect it to be her own for what was she? a mere girl with no title and no importance, should she die it was just another soldier and nameless loss. there was not hope there only the hope that her own where safe and still strong but nothing for her. still if there was a way she could escape... even a chance she would take it. Whoever this intruder was they where perhaps giving her an opening to do so if only she got the chance, and should it come she was now ready.

E1Alpha
12-16-2012, 10:12 PM
It wasn't long until the gurgling sound of dying men approached the door of Shani's cell.
"Hey! Ha- Agh!" Were Shani to look through the window, she'd see nothing but a splatter of blood spread across the wall, and the sudden sound of her cell door unlocking, leading her into a long hallway filled with dead corpses, but nothing else. On the far end of the hallway, a heavy door was left open on a creak, from where the alarming bells and horns could be heard ringing. "Find her!" A distant voice called from outside the door.

P.K.
12-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Shani's eyes widened as she peered out, by the voices she didn't have much time if she were to move. She slipped out quickly taking in the corpses, as horrible as it was for a life to be lost there was nothing to do now and nothing she could have done. Using what little strength she had she dragged one of the bodys in to the cell pushing it into the farthest corner before quickly taking off armor, only what she could get off with shaking hands and rapid breaths. Covering the rest with the thin cloth that was used as a Blanket. Taking the knife in her shaking hands she pulled her loss hair and cut it quickly, a ragged and unclean cut but she was not worried about this. Working as fast as her body would allow her she dressed herself in the armor she had acquired though it was slightly bloody.

She stumbled out the door and shut it behind her after Making sure the the body would be mistaken as her from this distance, Her hair she had placed on the mans own, Obviously her red hair would be noticeable but hopefully covering it would help until she got free. till then hopefully they would check on her to closely. Scrambling to the door she realized that she was weaken from the lack of treatment and food, though she had known this it was not dawning on her that she may not make it if she where recognized. If she where to leave she had to avoid detection even with this disguise, if it could be called such she might be easily recognized she needed to keep a distance.

E1Alpha
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Once Shani got outside, prison guards could be seen rushing left and right, grabbing themselves armaments from a storage, which was in turn guarded again. The courtyard upon which Shani had stumbled now was a mess. In the middle of the courtyard stood a statue, with a mutilated and bleeding corpse of a guard hanging from it. The wounds were clearly dagger wounds, though noticable was one bright gold throwing blade, emerged from the man's chest, dripping with blood.

It wasn't long, until a thundering smash also filled the courtyard, as Rai-Gonsura had just landed in the courtyard, grinning as he walked amongst the chaos. "Come out, little girl! I know you're here! Those shadows can't hide you forever!"

On the far end of the courtyard, the main gate leading to the outside world could be spotted, but it was sealed tight, as the facility had gone into shutdown. There was another multitude of doors in the courtyard, but only two seemed to be open.

P.K.
12-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Shani gave a little gasp seeing the the carnage already sown from this unknown disturber. however she silently pulled back as the giant landed with in walking as if nothing disturbed him from what he set to do. his grin was shuddering but she listened, girl? obviously it could not be her but shadows? Shani thought, surly not, surly it could not be, she only had the faintest idea though but she could not ponder on it now but she still wondered.

With the courtyard in an uproar and the giant on watchful rise there would be no way to leave for the gates and open them with out being noticed. And even then there was nothing she could use, that she could see from here and all the passing bodys between that she could use to get over them, at least not fast enough not to be spotted. Spotting the two other doors she made up her mind making her way for the closest of the two, sticking to the sides lines but hopping she would not be noticed, one soldier doing as the others, searching, expect she wasn't.

E1Alpha
12-18-2012, 04:35 PM
As Shani slipped into one of the opened doorways, she found herself stumbling in the midst of the guard's quarters, where a last few men were rapidly preparing their gear to rush out for the emergency. One of the guards looked over at Shani. "Hey, you! What's situation?! Any trace of that snake yet?"
The other two gave her a glance, but didn't wait for an answer as they rushed outside aswell.

P.K.
12-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Shani stiffened for a mere moment before managing to stutter something "N-no." she thought quickly "No sign of it, her but plenty of singes of what she's done." she coughed trying her best to hid her voice. Now how had she gotten herself in this situation? she felt very unlike herself and even like this she felt it would be best not to be like herself, but that was much harder said then done. she whirled around moving back outside the door. Surly that would not be seen as odd with all the commotion going on around her anyways. She stopped suddenly as a thought struck her, why should she do things to much differently then she would on a battle field? granted she did not have her staff but she was able to move freely now and she didn't have to kill these men, though who ever was here seemed to be doing just that, to escape she just had to be quicker, extra careful and more tentative. she glanced to the next door more careful now not to stumble blindly in, but had more of the intent of finding herself a weapon she could use. why should she treat these men any differently? they where not her people and they where not her superiors they where men that where trying to hold her in a place she refused to stand in, she needed to be elsewhere and she was going to get back there or die trying.

She must find some way out, a way over or under if she had to because at their current rate there was no way through. Desperation would set in before to long she knew this well as she could already feel it creeping into the pit of her stomach thought her sudden surge or hope and determination fought it back for now.. She wanted to live badly she did But she would gladly sacrifice herself for her people and kingdom, why should she treat it any differently here? this was a battle field two with just a little different set up. "Light save me..." she muttered to herself as she braced herself.

E1Alpha
12-19-2012, 10:43 PM
As Shani made her way closer to the next door, a sudden hand reached out, grasping onto her armor and pulling her in faster than she could even think about what was going on. Once pulled inside, the door instantly shut and Shani would be shoved back against the wall, with a golden dagger pointing at her throat, a hooden figure standing before her. "If you value your life, you will tell me where the holding cells are for war prisoners." The voice was clearly feminine.

Outside, Rai-Gonsura kept a tight overwatch over the entire courtyard. It was entrance and exit point for every part of the compound, so whoever the assailant was, she was gonna have to go through here. The Aeregosian soldiers ran amock, rushing around and about, checking all prison cells, but finding nothing of use.

P.K.
12-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Shani held her breath for a moment as she was pushed up against, now that truly was a shock she was quite mistaken for one of the actual guards! that must have well meant that she had done well in what she did, however now is presented a much different danger, the one who was giving her the opportunity to escape here now had a dagger to her throat. she swallowed and made herself relax as much as she could with a knife to her throat. It was the same knife she had seem perturding form one of the men's chest. She swallowed once, Everything seemed to line up with what she knew, what little she knew. However if she found herself wrong... she hopped she was not or at least on the right track if she was.

"Ilea... The Vanquisher of Shadows." she uttered the name reverently but with some urgency, "If I'm right, and even if I'm wrong with the name I can honestly tell you I know very little about this place, other then my own cell I have recently found my way out of." Shani openly spoke with honesty, even if she was wrong she was going to be truthful about that much, and she did value her life but that wouldn't matter much. "However if need be I could show you that very spot but I fear that would be a very bad Idea...." Shani's breathing was rapid but she became oddly calm. if she died here then she failed that was that and there would be nothing more to do about it if she lived her chances may have just doubled.

E1Alpha
12-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Eyes were prying from beneath the hood, locking onto the girl's face. "Smart move, child. Donning one of their uniforms." Promptly, she released Shani, before sheathing the dagger. "Though not smart considering I've left nobody wearing that armor alive." Ilea then rushed over to the door, opening it to a creek to peer outside. "A multitude of our soldiers was captured at Paladin Grove. With Nayamee dead, Aeregos overwhelmed them far too easily. I was not going to give Aeregos the satisfaction of executing our soldiers." She then shut the door again, before looking around. "There is another way out of here, though, but it's risky." Walking over to the far end of the room, the rogue pushed a crate aside, beneath which was a grate. "One of the guards was so kind as to inform me this leads to one of the waterways underneath the compound. It's not going to smell good, but it'll do the job." Pulling the grate aside as she stepped back. "I will not accompany you, however. I must see to the release of our remaining troops, the ones that are still alive at least." She peered over Shani. "Rai-Gonsura didn't have a number on you it seems."

P.K.
12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Shani let out a small breath of relief she was indeed correct. she listened to Ilea as she spoke. "I did not know till now who to expect." she admitted quietly. with the reveling of the secret she felt hope but it was dashed just as quickly. "So its true?" he voice chocked "Nayamee is dead?" a wave sickness and shock swept over her and she buried her face in her hands. so it was true she truly was dead? she missed the next part of what the women said in her grief. she lifted her head to watch the owner reveal a new way out part of her fluttered in hope but then died as she suddenly resolved herself. "I well assist you." she said with resolve that would not be shaken by mere words. "I well not sit by safely while others are being worse off then myself, I cannot!" she was not sure what the women meant how ever when she said that Rai-Gonsura Did not have a number on her. But she figured the name of this being was the one she had seen outside. "Either way I must do my part even if it means I wont leave here there are men where far more important then I that well be of far better us to our people." she said quietly.

E1Alpha
12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Ilea sighed, scoffing. "You're another one of those heroic types, eh? Well, stop fooling around. If you stick around you're only going to get in my way. What do I do if Rai-Gonsura set his sights on you, hm? Risk everything to save your pretty behind? I don't think. You better be on your way, because I can only spare to save you once." Frowning, Ilea put the grate aside, leaving the exit open. "Your decission, child. But if you don't leave, I cannot promise you I can help you out again." With that Ilea rushed towards the door, but before even reaching it, she vanished in a flash of light.

Outside, everything was still running amock, but Rai-Gonsura was no longer anywhere in sight.

P.K.
12-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Shani might have answered but she was gone. "Not heroic." she said a little indignantly. It wasn't it was heroic it was just simple. What is Ilea where to get caught no? Granted shani had little to no power at all... none. but even then her peers, her comrades where stuck here and she could not simply walk away to the safety of a hole with out helping in some way. she let out a small breath. She needed weapon, and now that she knew there where more, she would fine them, she would help.

Peering around the room she peeked out the exit once, part of her telling that the women was right. "I don't expect you to save me Ilea." Shani said frowning "I said even if that means I die here I meant it." She went to the door then and peered out but how was she to? she recalled some words "..feed them false information while lacing it within the truth to mislead them..." wise enough words but lie? she did not think she had the gull to do so even to these men... However what if she just left out part of the truth and told them only a fraction of it? Perhaps she could give more of a chance.

Glancing around the room once more she took a deep breath and rushed out the door, closing it behind her and quickly getting lost in the fray. she made her way back to where she had been, her first cell, by hopeful chance they had not found her gone yet. However she quickly thought of something she could accomplish with out killing anyone. she quietly decided one a plan and put her determination into it.Taking a small breath she exclaimed, only loud enough for a few to hear her before rushing off to the door she had come out of early, she still needed a weapon, preferably a spear.

E1Alpha
12-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Once Shani rushed back into the hallway she was imprisoned in earlier, she could find the door to her cell being wide open, but the hall was completely silent, safe for the noise outside.
Were Shani to look inside the cell, she'd find the corpse she left behind, but it was obvious someone discovered it was not her. In her cell, there was also a large crack in the floor, as if something had pounded into it.
On the floor above her cell, Shani would also be able to hear loud, thudding steps, which came to a sudden halt, followed by the same silence of earlier.

(Shani cannot leave this area yet. She can try to, but do not emote yet as to have her actually be outside yet. I need to see what she will do inside first.)

P.K.
12-24-2012, 03:21 PM
lol here we go Shani's going to get crushed from the roof...)

Shani's breath was silent, heavy but she was almost holding it as she peered into the room, they knew now that she was not in her cell, the crack on the floor was quite large it seemed but what... could how the power to do that? she glanced back out and then up, her breathing halted again, holding it for fear of what ever heavy thing was above her heard. carefully stepping away from her cell she began to move, not to the door but further down into the hall. surly if she was within this hall others like her where as well, and surly then could she relies them but... for the battle outside she did not know if they would have strength to fight and how to get them to the exit was a different matter entirely, perhaps she could do what she had done and disguise most of them in armor of the enemy? that may give them just enough time to get to the exit and then surly they would be home free.

None of the men had followed her in, she did not know wither that might be good or bad... still she could only work with what she had, she peered around at the dead bodys for any weapon she would allow, could allow, and would use, a spear or a staff, blunt weapons. If she could fine one she might block the door till she was done here, if she could fine two... so much the better. she controlled her breathing making it quite as she continued to slowly move down the hall peering into the cells to see if any one and who might be in them.

E1Alpha
12-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Most of the dead guards all sported a decent enough spear, occasionally one with a curved longsword. As Shani went deeper into the hallway, the thudding sound from above her seemed to diminish more, until it was completely silent again.

This didn't last for long, however, as the thundering sound of crushing stone echoed from the cell she had just left behind. A smoke of dust and rubble blew out of the cell, before a heavy thudding sound echoed through the hall.
As the dust settled, the large imposing figure of Rai-Gonsura could be seen standing in the hallway, his eyes locked upon Shani, who was quite a distance away from him. Nonetheless he began to slowly step towards her, his steps cracking the floor beneath his feet.

P.K.
12-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Shani trembled a bit and had to Len against the stone to hold her balance for a moment before the cloud of dust lifted. the figure nearly took up the hall, at least to her and for a long moment she was frightened and unable to move as he moved close. did he know? could he tell? she didn't know and didn't want to take the chance. There was hardly anywhere to run in this place, and she doubted that her small strengths could withstand his even if she where at full strength. Light help me! she thought frantically for a moment. there was nothing for it, no way out only a large mass of destruction that could crush stone... just like many times it hit shani then too. She had another idea and this one could work, just like the others but this one was far more likely.

She thought quickly as he continued to approach, if she had him here that only left the other men out there, Surly Ilea could handle them and then get their kin out... If there was none here then she was safe to fight here safe to hold him back and safe to buy her time... she nodded faintly to herself kicking up the closest spear and spinning it around to crack it sharply against the floor snapping the spear head off and leaving both sides blunt, Even if one was a bit splintered, she doubted it would do anything to him. here she tried to calm her breathing one hand taking off the head gear and tossing it aside, this armor was far different then her own, she might have to shed it like she had dawned it. she kicked one of the long swords up and across the floor at him, it likely do nothing but she had to use most of what she had in this little space as there was hardly enough.

Moments later she pushed herself forward easily moving across the body littered floor however it might seem she was not going for a head on attack the moment she was with in his range, doubtless its was much farther then hers, she threw herself to the side at the wall and then down to the ground in a tumble in an effort to get to the other wall. all she had to do was be faster...

E1Alpha
12-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Rai-Gonsura smirked, as his plan worked. He wasn't sure of the true identity of this person, but he was aware there would be a traitor amongst them, and now that person gave herself away. As she came charging towards the man, Rai-Gonsura simply laughed, before smashing his fists into the walls on either side of himself. "You want a piece of me, girl?! Come then! I've been itching for a fight!" The half stone warrior roared out, before charging forward, crushing the stone and any body beneath his feet, but before Shani and him crossed eachother, he smashed his fist into the ground, hoping to send the girl flying back due to the sheer force of the impact.

P.K.
12-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Shani eyes narrowed she was tossed back, but unlike last time she was far from unprepared. She was able to turn her body over itself flipping back in the air, however she landed a bit awkwardly do to all the bodys, and some wryness with in her own. she stumbled back and was only just able to regain her balance. "Thats the seconded time." she mumbled "I'm not a girl..." she frowned fiercely before moving again. the dents in the floor, and then not to mention in the body's and the blood pooling out was a worse sight in here then it would have been out there. She might have gagged but she kept her mind on the pin point of distracting this man. she dashed down the corridor again. this time with more of an intent to get around behind him, either sliding underneath, though that would be more difficult over or to the side, which ever presented itself first. for now she had to duck and dodge what ever it took if she could get him to hit the walls and tumble them down maybe that would widen the space... Or bring it all on top of them.

E1Alpha
12-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Rai-Gonsura grinned, before smashing his own rocklike chest as he trashed through the hallway. "You're mine, brat!" His eyes were burning with rage, as he turned his body to try and smash his shoulder into the girl. Wether he hit her or not, he would continue rushing through the hallway, roaring out. Had he missed, he would pull to a halt, by gripping the wall and nearly destroying it.
If he did hit her, though, he would continue charging forward through the narrow space of the hall.

P.K.
12-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Shani ducked then pushed herself to the side hitting her back against the wall his bulk rushing just past her, a breath away. just his rush left her winded for a moment. he's stronger then even I thought... she found herself thinking as she moved back into the hall way to see him trying to stop from his heavy charge. "If I'm a brat what dose that make you?" she asked frowning in concentration. she eyed her surroundings the walls. the doors the bodys and the other weapons scattered across the floor. anything more? she kicked up another staff before pushing it through a half damaged door, it was unbroken, half there others where in splinters, the swords bent or completely useless in all ways thinkable other then being melted. had he so little respect for the dead?

"Disgraceful..." she said quietly shaking her head sorrowful. she Glanced back up and started to back up slowly, feeling her way back but not taking her eyes off the man before her, how much longer could she do this? no the question was, how much longer must she do this?

E1Alpha
12-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Rai-Gonsura finally came to a halt, grunting as he slowly turned around, glaring at the girl, pounding into the wall once more. "You dare mock me? I will break your spine!" With that, the man came charging forward again, roaring out, as he wound back an arm, aiming a powerful punch aimed at the girl's skull, seeking to end her life with a single punch. Should she dodge it, then he would be quick to respond by simply throwing himself down onto the ground, hopefully trapping the girl beneath him.

P.K.
12-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Shani Let out a breath as he charged she could see his fist coming back for a strike. Go! she moved to the side Quickly already pushing herself forward to roll under neath him when he decided to come down on her. she gasped in mid roll as he came down as quick as she was she only just barely made it past him, she however left her staff behind as she did so. she stumbled forward and then further still putting more distance between them. her breath coming in a bit rapid from the brush with... almost being turned to jelly. he was not as slow as he looked either... she would have to be on her toes. If only she had a bigger space.

She whipped around and continued to back up her make shift weapon down, no doubt in splinters. however there where a lot more and then there was the spear she had saved... she continued to back up to that cell, not that it would do her much good... and she might be freer in moments where she not to have one. while her hands where free she began to fiddle with the armor, she needed to shed it to make her moments even quicker, Lighter, more flexible perhaps she could save herself from something of the same sort next time with out being so close to her death...

E1Alpha
12-28-2012, 01:27 AM
The man snarled, pushing himself up again. "You little skank! Wait until I get my hands on you!" Rai-Gonsura would then turn around again, roaring as he charged through the hallway, before turning to face Shani. "You're mine!" He roared out once more, raising his fists to smash them down upon her, before suddenly a flash ignited in between Shani and Rai, possibly blinding both of them.

When their sight returned, Ilea stood in between them, flinging two daggers, straight into Rai's eyes, who roared out in pain as the blades hit their mark.

In an instant, Ilea turned around to the girl and grabbed her by the wrist, before vanishing into a flash of light, along with the girl. Everything became bright around her and it seemed like space was racing by as they reappeared a bit outside the sewer through which the woman had intentionally planned Shani to escape.
"Next time... When I tell you to flee... You flee... Though you did buy me enough time to get the others out..." The hooded woman betrayed a smirk, before gesturing over to a path. "Follow this path and you'll reach the borders of Archeos. It's safe for you to go through."

With that, Ilea turned to the chaotic facility. "Rai-Gonsura will be sure to hunt us down now..." She smirked, glancing behind her. "Good thing we have an ace of ourselves."

P.K.
12-28-2012, 01:42 AM
shani stopped when she was finely Relesed, bewildered and a bit blinded by the bright flash, her breathing a bit more rapid. She looked back at the women in awe "an Ace?" she could help a small smile herself, she was alive and happy to be. her body trembled with some of the relief and she was afraid she might fall. "If it was a direct order ma'am I might have." she said quietly "But I fear my heart spoke first..." she shed the rest of the armor she had gained taking a moment to collect herself before bowing in thanks to Ilea and this time doing as she was told turning down the path. turning once more to gaze back at the lady Ilea "I owe you much! she called back if you should need me I'm at your call always!" with that pushing herself into a run. Rai-Gonsura would hunt them do doubt... specially her no? She smiled faintly even more... she was alive... the light be praised as it had surly looked down on her.

E1Alpha
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
With that, Ilea once more vanished into a flash of light. Her mission today was accomplished, but she had business elsewhere now.

http://i48.tinypic.com/mltvs3.png