Disgeran
Archeos > > > Disgeran

Post Limit: None - - - - - - Time Limit: Sunday 06/01/2013
Maximum time in between posts: 48 hours

Assault Force (5):
Archeos
NPCs (4):
David Rashan (Rogue)
The man who got you here, David is an expert tracker. He wields a short sword and knife, though is by no means a good fighter. He is faithful, though, and means to see this mission through to the end.

Jonathan Ursa (Paladin)
A stalwart warrior and follower of the Archain Lords, Jonathan is on the team on a personal mission. The torturer stole away his brother, another paladin by the name of Roger. He is passionate about finding his brother alive, and seeing him dead might shake the man’s faith.

Heather Genlock (Knight)
A defector from Leongarde, Heather is on the team to prove her loyalty to Archeos. With no ties to any of the paladins, though, she may not hold their lives in as high regard as the others.

Dianna Tinta (Priest)
A wielder of Alu’terasa’s Light, she is a very capable healer and a firm believer in the power of her Meragaia. She has no offensive capabilities, however.

Players (1):
Miranda (Love Amore) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&page=12&p=1144147&viewfull=1#post1144147)

Defending Force (7):
Disgeran
NPCs (6):
Galerax (Ascended Footman)
One of Zasareyt’s oldest guards, this Disgeran man is a quiet killer. Though he is efficient, there is no doubt he has lost all of his humanity upon accepting his enhancements. His left arm is horrifically mutated, strong enough to rip a man in half if given the chance. He also wields a large axe.

Sasaralera (Succubus)
A lesser demon in her order, Sasaralera was attracted to Zasareyt’s malicious ways recently, taking up a position of a rather morbid ‘nurse’ to the twisted Disgeran sadist. She wields no weapons, for she uses magic to influence the minds of her victims.

Hanma (Rogue)
A man with a personal anathema in Archeos. He was part of the ones who captured the paladins with Zasareyt. He stuck around to listen to their screams. A capable warrior, he works better when attacking from the shadows. He wields two short swords and a dagger.

Heretic Guards (x3)
As no one special, these men guard the torturess’s house as nameless (to Zasa) henchmen.

Players (1):
Zasareyt Venomclaw (Cfavano) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&page=12&p=1138717&viewfull=1#post1138717)

GM:
Jacogos

Posting Order
Determined by rolls from 1 to 100. Highest go first.
Cfavano (55)
|
Love Amore (10)
|
Jacogos (GM)

Introductions:

Paladins of Archeos have been notably disappearing as of late, snatched from their beds or even while on watch duty. Though most were baffled by the loss of their comrades, you have figured out the perpetrator: a torturer of Disgeran who drags the paladins back to her chambers personally.

As the sleuth who revealed the criminal to Archeos, you will lead a small rescue party to attempt to extract the paladins and, if possible, slay the filth responsible for their kidnapping. The priority is to get the paladins out alive.

Having penetrated deep into the capital territory of Disgeran, your team should expect some of the worst Disgeran has to offer lurking about. The woman herself is known to be a deadly fighter as well. Exercise caution.

Zasareyt’s abduction of four more paladins has given her fresh meat to have her fun with. Locking herself in the torture chambers with one of her catches, she will proceed to do so. The guards of her little home deep in Disgeran keep watch as normal, but there’s nothing to suggest that there will be a rescue attempt for these men. After all, there has never been before.

Battle Start:

As you top the hill of dirt and long dead grass, you are greeted by a hellish scene. A field of slaughter, multitudes of large wooden stakes buried into the ground, point up. Impaled upon each was a body, each one mangled beyond all recognition. There must have been nearly a hundred, yet each displayed different means of torture and eventual death. Some yet lived, however, the moans of the dying filling the air in a somber cacophony of agony.

At the center of the gore field was a building. From the outside, it appeared to be single-storied, made of black marble with a few stained-glass windows breaking up the dark material. The front doors were made of a solemn dark oak. Beyond the dead and dying, the field was deserted. No one barred your way from entering the building.

“Yeah… that’s definitely the place,” David whispered, swallowing with a sick look on his face, the horror of the view before him unsettling his stomach.

**NOTICE – SPECIAL RULE: For the first few “rounds”, Cfavano will not be able to control his NPCs and Character. This is to assure that no meta-gaming is allowed, consciously or subconsciously, and nothing outrageous happens during this SURPRISE attack by Archeos. I will notify during my GM post when Cfavano is allowed to take control of his PC and NPCs. With that in place, Love Amore has the first post.**

Love Amore
12-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Miranda closed her eyes for a second, steeling herself "Do not let these atrocities intimidate you." she said, her voice was soft but firm and encouraging "Our quest is a noble one, and we have righteous power behind us." She took in the surroundings, the garden of torture and death, and her own stomach did a flip. Her own life was a tool, a tool that was needed now to save lives, and she feared only that she would fail and that this evil would continue to exist.

Miranda filled in the space in front of Dianna, as David stepped to the right of the priest Jonathon covered the rear which left Heather to cover the left. As a group they proceeded cautiously towards and around the building, getting nearer even as they circled to the rear.

Jacogos
12-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Though there were windows, they seemed to be merely for decoration, so the group proceeded comfortably. At the back of the building, there was a single door. The group might've missed it if the sharp eyes of David hadn't been there. Cleverly hidden to blend almost seamlessly with the design of the building, the door had a small handle that resembled a bleached white skull that gave it away to the discerning eye.

Ready to get inside to find his brother, Jonathan made his way towards the door, but David and Heather stopped him quickly. The tracker then quietly sidled up to the door, pressing his ear to it. Beyond, the man heard muffled screams of pain from a single individual, most likely male. Grimacing, he conveyed this to Miranda.

"What're your orders?" Heather asked their leader. Jonathan was warily looking at the door. One could visibly see beads of sweat starting to form on his face, despite the eerie cold.

Love Amore
12-18-2012, 06:42 AM
"Jonathan. Control yourself. You are no good to him panicked." Hissed Miranda sharply, everyone except Jonathan nodded their agreement. "Jonathan, you stay back here with Dianna and watch for anyone trying to escape." Jonathon and Dianna both nodded their understanding "Heather, David, you're with me. I'm going to knock on the front door."

Miranda led her warriors around to the front of the lair where she motioned for them to hide on each side of the door with weapons drawn, she stood squarely with her shield held comfortably but at the ready at her side and a hand on the hilt of her sword. When her companions were at the ready she used her shield to bang at the front door. "We need to talk." She called, her voice ringing with the authority of her righteousness.

Jacogos
12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Two Heretic Guards were stationed in the front room, a 'lobby' if you will. It was used mainly for those two guards to stand in, keeping out unwanted guests. These two guards jolted slightly at the sound of knocking and a voice on the other side of the door. The two looked at each other for a moment, wondering how they should approach this.

One of the heretics moved towards the door, drawing his sword as he got closer. The door was unbarred and unlocked, so he knew they could get in if they simply tried. "Who dares speak to us so?" he called, trying to make his voice sound sinister.

The other heretic moved through the lobby door, into a sort of atrium. There were three passageways from this room, all visible from the lobby door. In the atrium, against the right wall if entering from the lobby, Galerax was sharpening his axe while seated on an empty crate. On his left was a stack of crates, unceremoniously marked 'Junk'. He was the only one visible here, so the heretic moved towards him.

The passageway on the right wall led towards the 'living quarters', or a bunch of beds thrown into a room for the guards to sleep on. The center passageway led towards the torture chambers. Screams could be heard coming from that direction, same as the ones David had heard. The left passageway ended in a heavy wooden door, barred from that side. The bar, however, was locked in place by a metal lock.

Near the end of the center passageway, Hanma stood leaning, listening to the man scream. No smile of satisfaction crossed his face, nor a frown of disapproval. Only a cold look of boredom graced his features as he listened, waiting for the screams to stop so that he could go get another plaything for the torturess.

In the torture room, Zasareyt and Sasaralera were working on their 'patient' in the center of the room, which was larger than one might think. On the right side of the room, a doorway led into Zasareyt's bedroom. It was locked tight. On the far side from the passageway, an open door led to a sort of tool closet, which held a door that led out to where Dianna and Jonathan now stood. It was a door that allowed easy escape for Zasa under these circumstances, though had never been used before. Never hurt to be prepared, though.

**Notice: Cfavano may now control his PC and NPCs. I'm trusting Love to keep the knowledge of the building's layout out of her own characters' collective knowledge, as well as the position of his characters. The latter goes the same for CF. I shouldn't have to say that, but I said it anyway. Normal posting order is now in use.

Cfavano
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
The heretic footman who went to Galerax informs him of the Visitor. He goes back to the lobby with the heretic, holding his axe at the ready. The heretics each grab a door, and pull them in and open, hiding behind them to flank if necessary.

Back in the theater, Zasa finishes opening the subject's abdomen. She then begins pulling out the small intestine, cutting the ends off with a cauterizing blade, to slow blood loss. Sasaralera takes the long tube, and cleans it off and out, before putting it through the meat grinder. She gives the ground paste back to Zasa, who takes a portion of it, mixes it in a beaker with a few chemicals, before putting it on a rack to boil. "Do you think it will work this time, Mistress?" Sasa says as she walks up behind her mistress, and wraps her arms around Zasa's waist. "I hope so. Finding out which tissue contains the highest amount of the Meragia's influence is crucial to my plan. If I do this, Vasgerax will surely show favor unto me, and make me queen." Sasa nuzzles against Zasa's neck as her mistress talks. "I have faith in you, my mistress." She says

Love Amore
12-19-2012, 10:33 PM
"I am here for my fellows, I am here for the missing paladins." Announced Miranda as she tightened her grip on the hilt of her blade, eying the man "Where are they?" She asked softly, her gaze hard as steel and just as cold. She took a deep breath, a silent prayer her only thought. Jonathan and Dianna stood at the rear of the building, their backs against the wall on the side of the door, Jonathan was nearly trembling with agitation and Dianna did the same out of fear for her comrades and for herself.

Jacogos
12-20-2012, 01:53 AM
GM Post unnecessary at the time. Continue as normal.

Cfavano
12-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Shocked for a second, at the girl's sheer idiocy, Galerax quickly regains his composure, and, with a roar, leaps at Miranda, swinging his ax with his superhuman strength.

Back in the theater, Zasa removes the now boiling sludge, and puts a bit of it in a test tube, before putting it in a empty slot of her centrifuge. Sasa begins cranking the machine up, as the tube is whirled around, and, slowly, the different substances are being separated by centrifugal motion. Zasa has her fingers crossed in anticipation.

Love Amore
12-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Miranda pivoted to the right, bringing her shield up to protect herself as she drew her blade. She had anticipated some form of attack and moved quickly but with determination. From where she stood, just opposite of Miranda, Heather attacked Galerax with her own blade targeted at his dominant arm.

Jacogos
12-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Galerax's axe rebounded off of Miranda's shield, leaving a massive dent in it and most likely leaving her arm ringing. As he pulled his arm back, Galerax saw movement in the corner of his eye. Hopping backwards, he grabbed the sword with his mutated arm, wrenching it out of her hands with a snarl. However, that left David time to rush in while his back was turned. He shoved his knife into Galerax's back, which caused the man to howl in back. He pulled back into the house, shouting at the Heretics to engage the Archeons. The two men moved from behind the doors, the right one wielding a two handed sword, the other dual short swords.

Meanwhile, Hanma peered down the hall towards the entrance of the building. Grunting, he opened the door to the torture room, which startled the heretic guard that stood by it. "Torturess, I hear something fishy down the hall. Gonna check it out." Offering no further communication, he moved towards the atrium, toying with a wicked-looking knife (http://www.swordsswords.com/ProductImages/s/Anathros_Dagger_of_The_Earth.jpg).

Out back, Jonathan was staring intently at the back door, fingering the pommel of his blade slowly. Dianna watched him warily, hoping he would follow orders and not try anything drastic.

Cfavano
12-22-2012, 04:06 AM
The Torturess and her nurse watches as the rogue leaves "What's happening, mistress?" Sasaralera says with a bit of concern. "I do not know, Sasa. But I am sure it is nothing good. Perhaps some of those Idealistic Archeosians trying to reclaim their captured 'friends'." She goes over to the equipment cabinet at the far end of the room and opens it. "Surely, they aren't that stupid, mistress. We are miles and miles away from the border. Even if they did manage to rescue them, they would never make it back to Archeos with the condition that they are in." Removing her apron, her nearly nude, pale, and lithe form is revealed to the light. "I do not think they know that." She tosses the coat away, and takes her needle launcher (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/076/0/8/needle_pistol_of_dark_ages_by_ergrassa-d3buufz.jpg), loads a fresh drum into it, and holsters it. She takes a few extra drums to be safe. "But, then again, we do not know if it is them." She takes her sword (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/121/f/d/Singing_Inferno_by_sol_ace.png), along with it's sheath out, and hooks it on to it's spot on her back. "But mistress, it could be them. We're in the middle of nowhere, and this area has little to no strategic value." After that, she hooks her wound agoniser (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/267/6/b/Barbed_Whip_by_Jilzabug.jpg) to it's slot on her other side, and finally slips on her pair of hypodermic claws. "It could be, but it also could not be. We'll only know if they get in here. Until then, keep cranking." He touches the black gem on her belt buckle, and it turns blue, before a dim light limns her body for a second, before fading.

Love Amore
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Miranda gestured that they should let the guards charge, their only chance of victory lay in a strategy of reserving their strength for when they needed it most. Miranda hoped that there weren't too many guards of skill to deal with, or else they might never reach their quarry. Her arm felt numb with pain and, although it wasn't broken, weaker than before.

Jacogos
12-23-2012, 10:39 PM
David back away from the others, knowing that he wasn't much good in a fight like this. The only reason he had gotten Galerax was because it was by surprise. He played things smart. Heather nodded to Miranda, signaling that she would take the heretic with the two-handed blade, leaving the dual-wielder to her leader. The heretic roared as he charged, swinging the massive blade overhead. Heather managed to block it quickly, but the sheer force and size behind the weapon caused her to fall to a knee. The heretic took that chance to bring the blade back again, this time proceeding to bash at her shield with the pommel.

Meanwhile, the duel-wielder approached Miranda, an evil glint in his eye. Taking note of her shield and sword, the man shifted to her left side, trying to hide himself behind her shield. As foolish as this might sound, he had a plan, which involved running up towards her shield and snaking his blade behind it, towards her left side in a piercing motion. He also rammed his left-hand blade into her shield, in an attempt to keep her occupied.

Galerax opened the door to the atrium, almost running into Hanma who peered around the huge man into the front room. "Visitors, Galerax?" Hanma hissed. The Ascended growled and looked towards the torture room.

"You've told the Lady?"

"Zasareyt knows. Go help those fools." Grunting in affirmation, Galerax turned back towards the fight, roaring his challenge as he charged towards the Archeons. Hanma just smirked and withdrew, his own plans being made in his clever yet evil little mind.

Behind the building, Jonathan roared out. "I can't take it anymore!" Before Dianna could stop him, the paladin rushed towards the back door, bursting through it without pause. He was halted by being almost face to face with Zasareyt, which chilled his blood. He immediately knew who she was. Holding his short warhammer out at her, Jonathan spoke with authority and dignity.

"Release my brother, you foul bitch of a demon! If I do not see him alive within the minute, your life will be forfeit!"

Behind him, Dianna was debating on whether she should follow him, or tell Miranda what he had done. After a moment, she decided to follow Jonathan, praying to Alu'terasa to give her and him strength. Her form began to glow.

Cfavano
12-23-2012, 11:42 PM
"Oh?" She walks across the room slowly. Keeping her eyes on him. "Is that so? Then you must be the brother. The one before this one..." She gestures to the man on the slab, who, against all odds, is still alive, but barely. "He kept moaning for his brother. I think he called him 'Johnathan'. I'm guessing that's you." She nods to Sasa, who backs well off to a safe distance. "I like knives. Do you want to know why? Magic and such is too quick. You can't savor the little...emotions." She strokes one of her scalpel's blades. "You see...in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So, in a way, I know your friends, and your brother, better than you ever did." She licks her lips. "Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

Love Amore
12-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Miranda blocked one blow with her shield and failed to wist and dodge the one aimed at her side, her movements did turn it from a potentially debilitating wound to a cut that was rather deep but easily ignored. With a grunt she shoved her attacker back with her shield, her shield arm still numb and ringing. Jonahan's anger grew and grew as he was told of his brother's fate, when silence fell he filled the void with a roar as he charged forward in a rage fueled attack.

Jacogos
12-26-2012, 02:56 AM
(I apologize Love, but I'll be overruling your control of Jonathan for the moment. Under normal circumstances, that would have been perfectly reasonable, however...)

Heather wasn't having a good time with the Heretic, unable to recover as he continued to wail on her shield with the butt of his weapon. The denting was getting out of hand, and she had to find some way out of this pin. Thinking dangerously, Heather struck out with her left leg, aiming to try and trip the Heretic. It worked, the man stumbling as his balance was suddenly gone. Heather took that opportunity to rise up and strike at the man. Without his blade at bear, he was completely undefended. His life blood oozed onto the rotted ground.

The dual-wielder was tossed back, grinning as he saw the sheen of blood on his weapon. A clean hit. Throwing caution to the wind, he charged again, holding both weapons overhead as he sought to bring them cleaving down onto her.

Meanwhile, Galerax had decided to take revenge on David. The rogue lept back in fear as the Ascended swung his terrifying axe at him, roaring in anger. "I'll have your head for that wound, rat!" he cried, bringing the axe down in an overhead cleave. It snapped David's short sword clean in two, which left the man with a simple dagger left. Sweating with fear, he held the dagger tightly as he backed up, Galerax advancing menacingly.

As Zasareyt taunted Jonathan about his brother, the man began to seethe with rage, his body trembling as he restrained himself from blindly retaliating. "Roger... N-... No..." The heretic guard in the room drew his blade, stepping forward a little ahead of Zasareyt, as it was his duty to guard. Failure resulted in death. It was simple, really.

Dianna entered the room directly behind Jonathan. Immediately, a golden light began to envelope the two, and Jonathan's eyes went pure white. He roared with the fury of loss, his voice echoing with more than just his own. "You will pay for the misery you have caused, miserable wretch! Go with Alu'terasa's Light!!" Charging forward, he immediately knocked the heretic aside, the poor man barely able to raise his weapon before the hammer collided with his gut. He was still alive, but now lay amongst devices on a different side of the room.

Jonathan charged for Zasareyt, Dianna keeping herself on the other side of Jonathan from the torturess at all times. The Paladin would simply try caving her skull in, empowered by the light that would strike her down immediately if she allowed him.

Cfavano
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
As he charged, she swept up a container of clear liquid from a shelf under neath the tray and hurls it at Jonathan. Unbeknownst to him, the liquid, which looks exactly like water, is, in actuality, Pure sulfuric acid. After she throws it, She uses her hands to push her self up, and she rolls over the slab, and the person on it, putting it between Jonathan and her. As she rolled over, she drew her needle launcher, and fire a few of the needles as Jonathan. "Such a fool. Just like all the others. So willing to throw your life away for your 'comrades'."

Love Amore
12-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Miranda brought her shield up to protect herslef just at the last moment, the clash of blades on her sheild rang out loud and clear as the force of the blow pushed Miranda to her knees. She grunted, flinching as the blow shook her already sore arm, she tumbled backwards and jumped to her feet. "We are on the side of goodness and rightousness..." cried Miranda as she charged her foe again, blade poised to run him through, the strength of her faith fueling her through pain. "AND WE SHALL PREVAIL!"

Jacogos
12-29-2012, 05:40 AM
The dual-wielding heretic grunted as his attack was blocked, recovering a little faster than Miranda. However, he was then set upon by Heather, which locked the two in a clash of weapons. This, however, allowed Miranda a perfect shot at the man's side. He cried out as her blade pierced his body, ending his life in moments.

During this, Galerax had almost split David in two, the Ascended leaving his axe in the ground as he now pounced forward at the tracker. David tried sticking the dagger into the man's head, but Galerax batted the weapon from his hands, seizing the man with his mutated arm. Grinning wickedly, Galerax roared as he tossed David like a rag-doll. He cleared a few of the wooden stakes and landed hard on his side, wincing and crying out in pain. Galerax turned back towards the other two. Miranda and Heather were letting the heretic fall to the ground. Grunting, the Ascended ran towards his axe, determined to get to it first. Heather moved to intercept.

In the torture chamber, the light shone around the paladin like a miniature sun. The bottled liquid might as well have just been water for all it did, splashing on his armor with no apparent effect. The acid sizzled upon hitting the ground, but it merely slipped off of the steel. Still charging, Jonathan brought up his shield for the needles. They shattered upon impact, the light reverberating slightly from the impact, similar to how rocks make ripples in a pond. He was now at the 'operation' table, swinging his hammer down towards her head.

Behind him, Dianna chanted quietly, carefully stepping over the drips of acid. She was not quite as covered by the light as Jonathan, only her eyes sharing in the bright light of their patron Meragaia.

Cfavano
12-29-2012, 05:54 AM
She, for a second, shields her eyes from the flash, before getting used to it. "I see. I expected as much." She grabs the handle of her agoniser, and the whip uncoils by itself, the living metal links moving of their own accord. "Let's begin, shall we?" She shoulder rolls to the side, and lashes out with her whip, not at Jonathan, but at a chair. The whip grabs on to one of it's legs, and with a pull, she hurls it at him, and fires a few more needles as well, making sure to keep his full attention. Her whip never stops moving, striking in and out with the speed of a snake, moving back and forth.

While Zasa had kept the duo occupied, Sasa had used her demonic magic to fuse with the shadows, after grabbing a scalpel, and disappear. She silently reappeared behind Dianna, and lunged forward, aiming to stab Dianna in the carotid artery.

Jacogos
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
<With the time deadline ending tomorrow, I've decided that one or two posts will not make a difference in this Infiltration.>

All of a sudden, a blinding light filled everyone's vision. Archeon and Disgeran alike were blinded by sheer light that seemed to come from everywhere and yet nowhere all at once.

When Zasareyt could see, she was alone in the room with Sasaralera, who was grasping her weapon hand, which was burning without flame. She was squealing in pain, though whether it was a sound of pleasure or not was up for debate. Outside the front doors, Galerax peered around, seeing none of the Archeons. Growled in frustration, he punched once of the doors with his mutated arm, making a clean hole through the wood.

Hanma was walking out of the prisoner's room, fresh blood painting his weapons. He didn't look concerned. In fact, he looked rather amused with himself, and only he knew why.

Elsewhere, Miranda also opened her eyes. She was greeted by dead grass and a massive river behind her. She was on the outskirts of Disgeran, with the Meron Pinnacle right across from the river. Around her, Jonathan, David, and Heather were also waking up, looking around as well. Dianna was nowhere to be found. For a moment, all was silent.

Until a powerful voice and presence filled their minds.

"My children, I have rescued you from the foul torturess's clutches. Know that your mission is lost, for no more of my children yet live in this land. You still live because your mission was noble and worthy in my sight. Return home. Rest. You will have another chance at the foul Disgerans someday soon.

With that, the voice and presence was gone, leaving the Archeon men and women very much alone in the dead land of Disgeran.

<Posting for this thread is over.>

E1Alpha
01-06-2013, 12:13 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/28lfivm.png