(Dead)

Corvo Attano
(Alive)

Quelaag
(Dead)

Colonel Radec
(Alive)

Arenas

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/franchises/images/03/32/33225_Aion_Morheim_Volcano.jpg

http://younxt.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/city-of-ruins-2.jpg
Only the central part is the arena

A large artificial cavern within the mountain. In the centre is a raised plinth which holds an altar. Around the edges are dozens of statues equally spaced depicting giant sentinels. At opposite end 2 of the sentinels stand immobile, watching the battlefield.

The Floor (http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/QRoom1_zpsd2662f32.jpg)
The Tower (http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/QRoom2_zpsb0f09cb1.jpg)
The Entrance (http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/QRoom4_zpsec13497e.jpg)
(Thanks to Tolvo for the pics)
A simple arena with a ruined tower at one end with stairs that spiral up to its top. Eggs covered in a a sticky web cover the walls and roof.

Image is very large (http://www.beckps3.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/radec-academy.jpg)
Another large image (http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/media2008/killzone-2-sp-hands-on/17.jpg)
And a final largish one (http://cdn.oyun.pclabs.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/radec-academy-475x265.jpg)
The first image shows the layout of the map and gives an idea of its theme, the second too give a better idea of what it looks like.

Karzahni the land of opposites. Fire freezes and ice burns with intense heat. A gentle wind will deafen you, a lightning strike emits no sound and the rivers run in dust. All elemental powers are reversed here. The land itself is a ruin, rocks and dust rivers litter the landscape while a fearsome army of manas crabs guard any exits. Stone statues dot the landscape, former matorans turned to stone for laziness.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p527/DoughGuy/Mazeofthebeast_zps123b82e4.png
From Deltora Quest the arena is a massive blue maze punctuated by intermittent caves filled with water. Fortunately the beast no longer stalks the maze.

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Killzone-3-Aircraft-Battle.jpg
A Helghan oil rig in the frozen north belonging to Strahl industries. It is very high tech though now it is out of commission and no workers remain. However volatile oil still runs in its pipes. Be careful, destroy enough pipes and it may sink.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wdybk9HaKqE/0.jpg
The Valley of Corrupted Gravity is a wasteland of gravitational fluctuations. Rocks fly in all directions, up, down, left, round in circles and in random patterns. The larger rocks manage to float with some stability and often smaller rocks travel back and forth between larger ones as transports. Be aware of random fluctuations in the gravity while fighting.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/riseofnationsriseoflegends/gfx/word/1494423578.jpg
The city of the Pirata, no longer under siege by the Doge, is a thriving commercial town, if a little shady. One giant tower the upper levels are where the leaders live and where the most prominent helipads are. As you go down the areas become more jumbled with random machine parts littering the levels. Construction cranes are still around all over the city repairing the last bits of remaining damage.

Abilities in red are currently inactive.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Ahriman stood on the plinth, his battleplate perfect, arms raised up over the altar though it itself stood bare. An unearthly whisper ghosted around the arena, the movement of his lips as he spoke barely perceptible. He had seen himself return here in his visions yet the reason why eluded him. The thought angered him and he drew his staff and pistol. Whatever it was that had drawn him here would pay for their impudence.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
As always, Ulquiorra had his hands in his pockets as he slowly ascended the plinth to come to a standstill directly across from Ahriman. His face was expressionless and cold, unnatural green eyes fixed unblinking on his opponent. “Trash,” he said. It was not a question or a greeting, merely a statement.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 11:41 AM
The insult elicited a hiss from Ahriman, “You dare to insult me worm!” he roared. Channelling his psychic energy into his forcestaff he swung it once smashing the altar to pieces, the heavy black metal of the altar bouncing harmlessly off their bodies. Taking a step forward Ahriman pulled the staff backwards before swinging it around in an arc that would hit the left side of Ulquiorra’s face.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Unimpressed by the obvious show of strength, Ulquiorra simply let himself lean backwards to avoid the blow. “You're too emotional,” he droned. He was impressed by Ahriman's speed, but not concerned. Once out of reach of the staff, he used sonido, jumping into the air at an incredible speed and twisting so he could land a kick to the back of his opponent's head.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
“And you’re ignorant of your foe.” hissed Ahriman as he to the right and turned to face the blow, forcing his foe to travel a further distance through the air. He didn’t dodge completely though, allowing the end of the kick to bounce off his ceramite helm. It hit with more force than he expected pushing him back slightly. Snarling he raised his bolt pistol and fired a trio of rounds at Ulquiorra.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
As he was in the act of landing, his white clothing rustling lightly with the speed of his movements, Ulquiorra removed his right hand from his pocket and raised it in front of his face to block the rounds Ahriman shot at him, sure they wouldn't do much damage. He was wrong, though. The first connected with his hand and exploded on impact, shortly followed by the second and third. His hand was completely obliterated.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Seizing the chance his opponents carelessness had caused Ahriman leapt forward with his staff, once again channelling psychic force through it. Blue lightning crackled along its length as he thrust it forward, the symbol on top aiming straight for Ulquiorra’s stomach. “Your ignorance will be the end of you worm.” he laughed as he charged, confident this strike would finish it.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Blood ran freely from the stump of his wrist and his Ulquiorra face never changed, but he was surprised Ahriman's attack had caused such damage. That didn't mean he wasn't ready when Ahriman attacked again. In the blink of an eye his left hand raised and he began to form a green cero, a wide energy blast that could destroy the entire cave if he let it. “Stand still,” he said calmly and fired.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Ahriman realised he had been overconfident and cursed. He was dedicated to the swing now and could not pull back, the only hope was to mitigate the damage. Keeping the momentum of his charge he poured psychic energy into his staff. As it hit the cero blast he unleashed the energy in the staff in an attempt to break a whole in the blast. The 2 forces met and exploded, throwing Ahriman backwards.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Once again, Ulquiorra was impressed. Though the cero he could feel the strength of Ahriman's attack. The Espada's blast was deflected and instead of shooting straight out, it blew outwards in a huge circle. To escape the damage, Ulquiorra shot high up into the air, his clothing slightly singed. “Fool,” he commented. While his hand started to regenerate, he prepared another cero blast, this one stronger than the first. “You won't escape again.”

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
The ground beneath Ulquiorra began to shake, the black plinth at the centre of the disturbance. Slowly with great force the plinth and the ground beneath it rose into the air. Emerging from the smoke Ahriman stood with his arms raised up, hands splayed out towards the plinth. “You’ll have to escape yourself first!” he screamed, his hands suddenly shooting upwards. With them the massive plinth rose too, heading straight for Ulquiorra at high speed.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 01:23 PM
The Espada blinked once and with great precision reached for the sword, Murciélago, at his hip. Grasping it tightly, he drew it from its sheath and pointed it down at the oncoming mass of stone. Instead of trying to get away or shield himself, he flew straight towards it and used his zanpakuto to hack through it. It crumbled under his onslaught and he continued on through, the blade's tip pointed at Ahriman's chest.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 01:36 PM
As the blade closed in on him Ahriman summoned his power. His damaged chest plate had no hope of stopping the sword and he had not yet had time to collect his force staff. For now it would just be his mind vs his foe. Focusing his power on his stomach Ahriman belched forth a great wave of toxic green sludge which floated above him forming a deadly shield of rot.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Despite his incredible speed and reflexes, Ulquiorra didn't have time to alter his course. He charged straight through the green sludge. It coated his skin and pain immediately lanced through him. He felt his face break out in boils and his right eye was blinded. As a result, his aim was a little off when his sword bore down on Ahriman. It was pointed at his shoulder instead of his heart, like he'd planned.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Ahriman was surprised by Ulquiorra’s charge through his shield and his attack was thrown off. Instead he was forced to dodge at the last second though he knew he couldn’t avoid the blow. All he could do was angle his shoulder so when the sword hit it exited just below shoulder blade. Unwilling to risk the vulnerability of a spell Ahriman’s fists leapt out to crush and break the arm holding the sword.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 02:14 PM
The blows hit Ulquiorra's arm with surprising strength. He felt his bones snap under the onslaught and the grip he hand on his sword almost slipped. No matter, he thought. Even as he channeled his spirit energy to heal his arm, he tightened his fingers and ripped the sword free of Ahriman's body. Then with his stiffened left hand, he preprepared to punch a hole straight through the enemy's chest. “Die, trash,” he said calmly.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 02:23 PM
The blow struck Ahriman straight on, his foes hand punching through his armour and plunging into his heart bursting it. Ahriman staggered under the pain, the pill dispensers in his armour pumping narcotics into his bloodstream. The pain dulled for a second as his secondary heart took over, “You have no idea what you’re fighting worm.” he laughed, grabbing the arm within his chest with both hands and pulling in opposite directions.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 02:31 PM
The sound of flesh tearing filled the air as Ulquiorra's left arm was torn off at the elbow. His eyes narrowed at the pain. Leaving behind his severed limb, he jumped back. He needed to regroup and heal his injuries, and that would take some time. More than a hundred feet from Ahriman, he stood and concentrated on reforming his arms. It was starting to sap his energy, all the injuries he had to heal.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Ahriman’s body too was barley standing. The accumulated damage was taking its toll but even so his mind remained undimmed. “Don’t you dare run from me worm!” he snarled, forming a bolt of change in his hand though he hid its existence with a simple psy shield. He then slowly began moving toward Ulquiorra. He would need to be close for it to hit in his current state.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Ulquiorra's right arm was nothing but naked bones still growing and his single eye was narrowed in pain and concentration. He carefully watched Ahriman approach. His senses were extended to try and detect any kind of trickery. They told him something was building around his enemy – some kind of energy. He sighed softly and flexed his fleshless fingers. “For a human, you're persistent, trash,” he intoned. “But you should give up now.”

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 03:11 PM
“Human!” Ahriman laughed, “Your willful ignorance is insulting. No wonder you will lose this fight. Knowledge is power worm and you have none.” Ahriman heaved his head backwards, replicating the movements of the rot spell he had used earlier but when he threw his head forwards he threw the bolt instead. It flew straight at Ulquiorra’s midsection, but at the last minute a nudge from Ahriman’s mind would send it at his does healing arm.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Ulquiorra couldn't help it – he cringed and staggered backwards as his tender arm was once again destroyed. He didn't let it distract him though. Pushing through the pain he recovered from the near-fall and rushed straight at Ahriman. His sword arm was still intact and now fully healed and he decided it was time to get rid of his opponent's greatest weapons – his hands. Ducking down low, he sliced across and upwards.

DoughGuy
01-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Ahriman tried to move back but the length of his foes sword made any dodge impossible with his current wounds. Instead he attempted to block the blow with his right arm hoping his armour would hold. The sword cut straight through his armour, severing his right arm mid forearm. As his right arm died he summoned the whip of slaneesh with his left and struck out at his foes face hoping to blind him.

Bee Bear
01-01-2013, 11:54 PM
For Ulquiorra, there was no time to savor the small victory. By the time the hand hit the ground he was already moving, trying to take advantage of the brief opening. But Ahriman was quick and he barely had enough chance to draw back his sword for another blow when the whip came at his face. He raised the blade and deflected it, but it was yanked from his hand. Quickly he lunged for it.

DoughGuy
01-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Ahriman went for the sword too but with a different idea in mind. Conjuring up a doombolt he launched it at the ground near the sword. It would either knock the sword further away or burn Ulquiorra’s hand as he grabbed it. Either way it would buy him time. He swayed slightly as he threw the bolt but stayed on his feet. “Catch worm.” he chuckled.

Bee Bear
01-02-2013, 12:31 AM
The 'catch, worm' comment caught Ulquiorra's attention enough that he made his one aching eye focus and try and see what Ahriman was doing. A trick or spell, it seemed, had been placed near his sword. The spiritual energy spiked. I cannot afford another injury, and I don't need Murciélago to finish this fool. Disregarding the sword, he reached up once again punched Ahriman in the chest – in the same hole he'd made before.

DoughGuy
01-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Ahriman roared in pain from the punch as he flew backwards from the force. He rolled twice before swinging onto his knees. His vision was darkening now although his enhanced biology had stemmed the worst of the bleeding. The whip has dispersed from the impact too but he spotted a glimpse of metal in the dirt next to him. His bolt pistol. Laughing he picked it up and fired the remaining 9 rounds at Ulquiorra.

Bee Bear
01-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Using his reserve energy, Ulquiorra did his best to dodge the hail of rounds while he rushed forwards to close the gap between them again. The first four missed, but three more tore into his torso. He felt his ribs snap and tear into one of his lungs. Still he moved forward. Ahriman was near the end of his strength too – all Ulquiorra had to do was survive. So he jumped onto his chest.

DoughGuy
01-02-2013, 02:04 AM
The force of the landing pushed Ahriman’s weakened body back and he tripped falling onto his rear. He was out of options. At this range his spells were useless, his gun was empty and his staff gone. There was only one thing left. He swept out his arm to his side and grabbed Ulqiorra’s sword with his magic. He pulled his hand in sending flying at the man’s stomach.

Bee Bear
01-02-2013, 02:28 AM
A small grunt escaped Ulquiorra's lips and he looked down to see his own zanpakuto protruding from his stomach. Murciélago … Cold rage mixed with the agony and he turned back to Ahriman a frown. “You had some fight in you … after all … ” he murmured. “Filthy … trash ...” With that, he stuck his hand into Ahriman's chest and twisted it crush his internal organs even as his strength failed.

Love Amore
01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
The pair of combatants were locked together in the embrace of battle as their energy and life force drained, Ahzek went limp as his life force and strength left him, moments passed in silence until a soft gasp escaped Ulquiorra's mouth; taking with it nearly the last of his life. Ulquiorra was hurting, nearly dead, and victorious.

Hi y'all, I'm Anna and I'll be your judge for this evening. You can be sure that I'll judge fairly and honestly and to the best of my abilities. May the best writer win!

Bee's score:
Flow: 25/30
Susan: 30/30
Power: 30/30
Shazzam: 0/10

Dough's score:
Flow: 25/30
Susan: 25/30
Power: 30/30
Shazzam: 10/10 for post #22

I liked reading this one because I got to know both characters only as you portrayed them, I had no expectations to be met.

Bee, I really got a good sense of your character's character (see what I did there?) although I could have used a little more description of the battle, the same goes for you Dough although I didn't get as much a sense of your character.

It was a close battle, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was very well written and I can't wait to read more battles from both of you!

If you have any questions or concerns about my judging feel free to PM me.

DoughGuy
01-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Battle 2 #1
Quelaag slowly rose on her legs, the dust of the fallen buildings falling off her body as it moved for the first time in days. Her lower half slowly began to flare to life, glowing red segments lighting up. Her spider mouth stretched open in a silent roar and fire flared from the tip of her sword in a booming arc. Something had woken her from her slumber. At least she had dinner.

Zatory-Master
01-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Shizuo, with sunglasses on and a cigaret in mouth, walked over the bits and sediments of the eroded buildings. He kept his hands in his pocket and acted like there was nothing wrong with what the place seemed like. He was just passing by, hoping to meet his destination soon,which was, of course, some place that wasn't this one.

DoughGuy
01-09-2013, 04:16 AM
Quelaag could sense her prey nearby, wandering on just the other side of her nest’s wall. She followed him silently, waiting for the moment to strike. The wall up ahead was cracked and on the verge of collapse and she lined herself up. As she sensed him pass she leapt at the wall, using her sword to smash it to pieces, her spider mouth roaring fire and she pounced at her prey.

Zatory-Master
01-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Shizuo turned around and looked at the beast. He wasn't surprise or afraid. He just took it like everything else. With a neutral expression on his face, he focused on the nastiness of it. "So nasty, decided to join the party? I have no time for you. Get lost!" With that, he turned away from it, and began where he left off.

DoughGuy
01-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Quelaag growled in rage at the human’s dismissiveness. He wouldn’t get away freely after waking her. Her growl turned to a smile as she turned away from him, a potentially fatal mistake. She took the opportunity to end the battle quickly and began drawing energy in. The air around her glowed red and a wave of crimson life exploded from her with massive force.

Zatory-Master
01-09-2013, 04:53 AM
As Shizuo walked away he felt an uneasyness coming from the creature. He quickly ran as fast as he could and bid behind some walls that still stood from the buildings. The wave of crimson caused the wall to crumble and turn into rubble. Shizuo's glasses had cracked from the impact, and that made him snap. He stood up and dusted the pieces of cement off him. He took off his sunglasses and put them away. Then he took out his cigaret and threw it on the floor. He put his foot over it and squished it as hard as he could. "You pissed me off!!!" He walked over to a massive piece of what it seemed like a ceiling and picked it up like paper. "DIE!!!" He threw the massive piece at the she-beast and rushed to pick up more. The size of it was at least two times her size.

DoughGuy
01-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Quelaag screamed in joy as he responded, at last the hunt was on. She charged him as she screamed, her sword slashing wildly. As she reached the thrown roofing she swept out her sword, fire leaping from it tripling its length and she carved straight through it. She leapt onto the falling pieces, running across their surface and jumped off in mid-air, vomiting a torrent of lava at her foe as she flew at him.

Zatory-Master
01-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Shizuo jumped away from the lava. Some small droplets landed on his shirt but he didn't recieve much damage. "YOU RUINED MY SHIRT!!!" He picked up two walls. One in each hand, then jumped up at the creature hoping to squish it like a bug with the walls.

DoughGuy
01-09-2013, 05:37 AM
As the walls closed in on her Quelaag lifted her front 2 legs on either side and slammed them into the walls. They couldn’t stop the attack with raw strength, but when her claws hit the walls the tips exploded fracturing the wall so that lots of smaller pieces hit her without as much force. They hurt slightly but did little real damage. In response he slashed at him with her sword, smiling evilly.

Zatory-Master
01-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Shizuo only got angrier. "YOU WEAKLING!!" Shizuo let the flames burn off his shirt but he managed to place his hands on the short-blade, even though it was on fire, and accomplished to snap it in half. He landed on the floor with a thud, but stood up like it was nothing. His hands where burned severely but he ignored it.. "DIE! DIE! DIE!" Shizuo threw the broken part at her like a spear.

DoughGuy
01-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Quelaag reared up as the broken blade flew at her, seething with unreleased rage that the man would dare break her furysword. The blade bounced off her spider body’s leather hide, digging a small scratch before she slammed back down to earth. She laughed as she saw the man was prone and so close to her before vomiting another river of lava, her rage incarnate, at him and stalking forward to finish the kill.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 01:22 AM
As the lava was sent flying towards him, he began running towards her. With so much rubble laying around, it was a bit easy to find a shield for the lava. He picked up a piece of the ground and continued charging at it. The lava waisted the rock and spilled on the floor. Shizuo's shoes were burnt out by the lava on the ground. He was barefooted and his feet were feeling the heat. Shizuo managed to make it under the creature. With a his mighty strength, he lunched a punch to the creatures lower side.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Quelaag was launched up by the punch and lava spewed from her mouth in a great torrent involuntarily. The pain travelled up her body and she shrieked as she felt bones break and her stomach convulse. As she fell back to earth she lifted her legs up, preparing to slam her explosive claws down upon the ground and the man when she landed.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Shizuo did not move out of the way when she began falling. Instead, He spread his legs out wide and opened his arms. When the beast came crashing down. Shizuo sank to the ground. A huge wave was produced from the impact. Shizuo felt some of his bone crack, but that didn't stop him. He was known for his broken bones and durability. He began rising the beast little by little. "AAHHHHHH!!!" He swung her and casted her off far away.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Quelaag flew thorugh the air smashing through a wall and almost bringing down the roof on top of her. Quickly she scurried out, panting as she moved her hands over her spider head calming it. The prey was definitely playing now. She limped forward, her back right leg broken from the impact. She still grasped the end of her sword and it flared to life, half its normal lenth, as she approached him.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Shizuo watched the creature creeping slowly towards him. Ignoring the immense pain on his legs and arms, He picked up a pole from one of the support beams of the walls. It was lengthy and made of heavy Iron. He began walking towards her, planning on using the pole like a sword.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Curling her broken leg up Quelaag rebalanced herself and charged the man. Her first strike was short, unaccustomed to the new reach of her sword and she compensated by lunging with her sider mouth, its bite attempting to crush the man’s arms. She was angry now, this hunt was turning into a battle and she screeched in rage as she attacked.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Shizuo let the creature bite him. "Do I taste good?!" Shizuo turned his hand towrds the mouth that grabbed him and clenched on to the inside. He blocked the firery blade with the pole and picked up the spider by the part he grabbed. "DAAMMMNN YOUUUUU!" He lifted it into the air and slammed it into the ground. His arm full of blood and ripped skin.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Through the pain of the slam attack Quelaag laughed, her hair forming a shield for her face. The man still had his arm in her mouth, obviously he hadn’t been paying attention. Biting down harder she filled her spider mouth with lava. There was no way to escape. Either he lost the arm or he pulled his arm out and the lava would spew onto his body.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Shizuo noticed and felt the Lava rising. "YOU TAKE MY ARM AND YOU DIE!!! GOT IT!" With a scream, he let his arm get melted off to hold the spider in place. With his other hand he slammed the pole straight on top of the massive spider multiple times until no movement was detected. His arm was lost already.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Quelaag winced as every blow landed upon her spider head but her smiled remained as she felt the man’s arm slowly melting in her mouth. As the blows landed she swept her sword up then plunged it down at his chest to try and force him away. At the same time her lower body surged to life, her 6 movable legs slamming into the ground and lifting her enormous bulk. She leapt backwards then.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 03:24 AM
Shizuo stood. He looked at his melted arm. "YOU'RE DEAD!! He ran at top speed with anger at the creature. He used the pole to catapult his self into the air. He place his foot in kicking position and landed and massive blow on the lady who layed on top forcing both of them to crash to the floor from impact.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Quelaag managed to keep her feet, using the broken blade to protect her vulnerable human section from the force of the kick. The bottom of her spider scraped the floor though and the pain from the broken bones hitting it almost sent her unconscious. In response she leant forward, slashing at the man’s eyeballs with her long, powerful nails. She was slightly fearful now, the prey was proving a great challenge.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Shizuo managed to escape the nails, although they ended up scratching his eye area and caused the blood to run into one of his eyes making it hard to see. "DAMN YOU!" With great anger he slammed his already bloody head onto her forehead sending a powerful blow that made both skulls crack.

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 03:47 AM
The blow sent Quelaag reeling backwards, black spots erupting over her eyes as she stumbled backwards away from the man. She spun around, seemingly exposing her rear as she cradled her head in her hands. Little did the man know as soon as he approached her rear would open up to release a storm of fireballs. She would show him she still had some tricks he hadn’t seen yet.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Shizuo stood some distance from her. Whith his good arm he began tossing everything around him at her. Poles, rocks, walls. To her it looked like meteors were approaching her. He threw about 20 solids at her. "Ahhhhhh!!!"

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 04:29 AM
As the first object reached her Quelaag’s rear spat out a fireball, incinerating the object. As each additional one came within range another fireball would emerge and destroy it. Safe behind her shield Quelaag was still not satisfied. The man had not responded as she had hoped. As the last projectile was destroyed Quelaag spun and charged the man, already beginning to absorb energy.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Shizuo dashed at the creature as well. "I still have a good arm!" As he got nearer he used an elevated wall to jump up in to the sky. He increased speed as he came down. His fist was locked on to her face. One hit and her skull would crack. "AHHHHH!"

DoughGuy
01-10-2013, 05:04 AM
#final post
In response to the man’s jump Quelaag also leapt into the air. As he entered the range of her attack Quelaag screamed as loud as she could and released the energy into a crimson sphere. The first attack she made in this battle would also be her final attack. The sphere exploded outwards, encountering the man before he reached her. Her scream combined with a laugh as she tasted victory.

Zatory-Master
01-10-2013, 05:11 AM
#Final Post
Shizuo saw the sphere if ahnaliation coming straight for him. "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME!!!!!" He curled into a ball to attempt to dodge. The sphere took the area from his feet to his feet away. "AHHHHH!!!!" His upper body headed for the woman. And as his dying wish, he landed the blow and managed to crack her skull open. He layed on the floor dead but with a smile.

DoughGuy
01-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Battle 3 #1
Corvo stalked the ruins of the academy, keeping to the shadows to hide his presence. The destroyed building reminded him of the abandoned sections of Dunwall, left to slowly die in plague and vermin. But he knew this was not the same ground he was familiar with, no plague victims coughed in the shadows and the vermin he saw were mostly skeletons. In a way, he preferred the silent hallways over Dunwall.

ClumsyCalamity
01-11-2013, 05:10 AM
This place reminded her of Burmecia, the day it was destroyed by the Queen and her black mages. It wasn't appearance that held the similarities, it was the feel, the atmosphere. But Burmecia had been rebuilt after the carnage, this place was left to rot and be forgotten. A dark figure up ahead instantly caught her attention, the only living thing amongst this dead world. Acting on her warrior’s instinct she drew her spear.

DoughGuy
01-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Across from her Corvo noticed the movement of the spear draw and summoned his dark vision. Instantly his surroundings were coloured brown and lifeless, except for a female shaped yellow blob ahead. Hoping to end this quickly he drew his crossbow, a sleep bolt already loaded, and fired at the figure’s neck. If it landed the battle would be over without bloodshed, a favourable outcome.

Love Amore
01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Shizuo V. Quelaag

TIE ]

Each combatant dead, the battle field was silent except for the nearly silent sounds their bodies made as their life force seeped away.

Hi y'all, I'm Anna and I'll be your judge for this evening. You can be sure that I'll judge fairly and honestly and to the best of my abilities. May the best writer win!

Zatory's score:
Flow: 30/30
Power: 15/30

Zatory's REVISED score, with points docked for long posts:
Flow: 20/30
Susan: 20/30
Power: 5/30

Dough's score:
Flow: 30/30
Power: 25/30
Shazzam: 10/10 for post #61

This was a good battle, a good read. I'm sorry I took so long getting around to it.

Zatory, you had several posts that well exceded the 75 word limit and my leniency has worn through. Here is a free online word counting tool (http://www.countofwords.com/) that can help out. I docked 30 points total, ten from each category. I still love your passion, and your skill as a writer is amazing, but let's see what that skill can do within the word count, shall we?

Doughy, I don't have much to say to you, other than you're doing well but that your descriptions are a bit bland and sometimes you have very short posts you could use to include more characterization or description.

All in all, great battle guys! I hope to see more from you both! And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

ClumsyCalamity
01-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Using her spear she vaulted herself into the air, the bolt grazing her arm in the process. Freya winced at the pain as blood oozed from the wound, but quickly put it out of mind. Once high overhead, she dove towards the stranger, her spear pointed directly at the man. ‘So it’s a fight he wants…’ she thought with a smirk.

DoughGuy
01-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Below her Corvo was returning her smirk. He had plenty of experience disarming the airbound foe. Holstering his crossbow without reloading it he raised his left hand, the outsider rune now glowing brightly. A massive blast of wind shot out from his hand straight at Freya, strong enough to throw her off course if it connected. Now will she be fast enough to escape this as well? Corvo pondered to himself

ClumsyCalamity
01-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Freya felt the blast of wind and was thrown off course. The man seemed skilled, but this battle had just begun. As her feet hit the ground she fixed her stance and charged directly at the man, her spear head pointed at her target in hopes of dealing some damage. She hadn’t had a good fight like this in quite some time now and as a trained dragoon, she had kept her skills sharp.

DoughGuy
01-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Corvo admired the woman’s skill, to land so deftly after an attack like his took real skill. He decided to test her combat skills out before he made his next move. Bringing his sword up into a defensive position he put his weight on his back foot and kept his left arm free. Her spear tip passed over his sword before he flicked it upwards deflecting her strike. In response he stabbed at her hands.

ClumsyCalamity
01-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Using the butt end of her spear, Freya hit the sword off course having it graze her upper arm. “Oh I do love a challenge,” with a feign to the right she then swings the sharp end of her spear at his legs in hopes of slowing him down.

DoughGuy
01-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Corvo read her movement wrong and tried to dodge the thrust, putting himself right in the way of the slashing spear. Rather than take the blow on his boots his hand flashed blue and he blinked himself on top of a nearby wall. He kept his eye on her as he reloaded his crossbow, this time slipping an explosive bolt into the weapon. She fought well, and the only way to end this was death.

ClumsyCalamity
02-06-2013, 10:06 PM

Upon seeing her opponent reloading his weapon, Frey jumped backwards towards one of the decrepit buildings. She could sense a change in him as her spear connected with his boots. This battle turned more serious in mere moments. Her feet landed on the ground that was littered with decaying corpses, the whole place smelt like death. Well maybe that was what this would come to. She took the moment to brace herself for his shot.

DoughGuy
02-06-2013, 10:13 PM

Steadying himself Corvo shot with the newly loaded bolt. His angle was low though, and would not have any chance of hitting Freya. Instead the bolt slammed into one of the corpses at her feet. Decayed flesh exploded, filling the air with pieces of ruptured meat. Corvo quickly holstered his crossbow and blinked right in front of her, using the exploded flesh to help cover his approach, slashing his blade at her neck.

ClumsyCalamity
02-11-2013, 06:07 AM

Freya growled at the surprise of exploded body parts spewing forth, obscuring her vision. The stench of burning flesh was horrendous. She instinctually covered her mouth and nose with her hand in an attempt to rid herself of the stench. She didn’t have time to block the blow by the time she saw him flying through the debris. He hit her arm with enough force to knock her backwards onto the hard, uneven, ground.

DoughGuy
02-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Seeing his advantage Corvo kept on the attack while his foe was unbalanced. He mentally switched spells, replacing blink with a summoning spell. His hand flashed blue and dozens of rats scurried out from hiding behind the rocky ruins Freya had fallen in. They gathered in a large group behind her and swarmed forward, pushing her towards Corvo who stood with his blade pointed straight at her, How will you escape this one? he wondered.

ClumsyCalamity
02-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Without much success, Frey attempted to regain control of the situation. Rats moved around her keeping her off balance, and each moment brought her closer the very pointy end of that blade. But this could work to her advantage, she did have a much longer reach with her spear. She allowed momentum of the rats to push her forward, bringing the sharp end of her spear, pointing it towards her opponent at the last minute.

DoughGuy
02-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Corvo’s eyes widened as he realised the tactical error he had made. He dodged to his right, unable to switch spells in time, but he had allowed Freya to get too close. The spear pierced his coat and stabbed into his left shoulder. He grunted in pain and looked for an escape route. Switching spells to possession his hand flashed blue and he disappeared, his mind possessing one of the rats.

ClumsyCalamity
02-13-2013, 02:41 AM

Freya lowered the spearhead as her eyes scanned her surroundings, the scurrying rats only kept distracting her search for her opponent. “Come out and fight me!” Her voice echoed through the ruins. Her pointy ears strained to hear any sign of him, but her patience were wearing thin. With an exasperated sigh she jumped high into the sky to try to get a better vantage point of her surroundings.

DoughGuy
02-13-2013, 02:52 AM
One of the rats seemed to take a keen interest in the woman’s movements, though she didn’t notice it. Its beady black eyes stared at her as she looked around before leaping skywards. As soon as she was airborne the rat exploded and Corvo flashed back into existence. Pointing his left hand upwards he unleashed another windblast at the airborne woman. She doesn’t learn, he thought, It’s like shooting weepers in a sewer.

ClumsyCalamity
02-13-2013, 03:19 AM

She was hit again by a blast of air, but now she knew where he was. Freya clung to one of the exposed beams as the blast threatened to knock her back to the ground. Without wasting time, she used her ‘Cherry Blossom’ skill, a blast of non-elemental magic. She target him and all the other rats within her field of vision after seeing him appear from the form of a rat.

DoughGuy
02-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Corvo dived for cover but wasn’t fast enough. The blast smashed into him, throwing his body along the ground. Painfully he pushed himself up and gingerly touched his face, relived his mask was still shielded his identity. Pulling out his pistol he fired the explosive bullet at Freya. However the spear wound caused him to wince before firing and threw off his aim. Instead the bullet hit the beam she held onto and exploded.

ClumsyCalamity
02-13-2013, 03:57 AM

Freya let out a cry as she plummeted back towards the ground. She hit the ground with a loud crash, and narrowly missed being crushed by the pillar falling after her. The crash kicked up dirt, dust and other unmentionable particulates, making visibility near zero. She coughed hard, trying to breathe through the now polluted air. Not able to see much, she readied herself for another attack, bringing her spear into a high defensive position.

DoughGuy
02-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Corvo watched the woman crash into the ground and kick up a massive dust cloud. He stayed still, simply reloading his gun with another explosive shot as he waited. If I run into that dust cloud chances are I’ll end up impaled on the tip of her spear. Much better to let the dust clear and, he pointed his gun towards where she had fallen, be ready to strike once the advantage is mine again.

ClumsyCalamity
02-13-2013, 04:15 AM

As the dust settled, slowly she could make out the details of the world around herself. Then she saw him waiting, still and waiting, it was unnerving.

This had gone on long enough. Freya was tiring quickly and wouldn’t make it much long if this kept up. If only she had a Hi-Potion, but it was no use worrying about what wasn’t. Freya rushed at the man, spear aimed for his heart.

DoughGuy
02-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Corvo’s brow furrowed in confusion as she charged, Does she not see the weapon? Nevertheless he fired the pistol at the woman as she charged at him. He had not changed his mind, she would still die today. He wasted precious seconds holstering the gun, just in case, before preparing to receive whatever form her charge was in after his shot.

ClumsyCalamity
02-13-2013, 04:42 AM

The shot hit and she landed on her back, fear and anger coursed through her as she lay on the ground in pain, that wasn't her best move. She then felt a change in herself, like a burst of strength throughout her body. She had reached her trance state. Using her new strength rose from the ground, her body glowing. “I’m not done yet.” She used ‘Cherry Blossom’ on him again, it was stronger now.

DoughGuy
02-13-2013, 05:06 AM
Corvo’s eyes widen as his foe turns silver and unleashes another powerful attack. He attempt to blink away but only manages to switch spells before it hits him. Tumbling through the air he blinks away the second before he would have become paste on stone wall. He appears to Freya’s right in a messy heap, coat torn off and mask knocked askew. He struggles to his feet and moves into a defensive stance.

SQJ
02-16-2013, 08:59 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4qrhvc1lnm9No6gPdsSJUiBBKo6Y_9 PP9IHn81-LAeMjYI8hC

With a burst of smoke Iruka appeared at the heart of the Radec academy's first floor. He kicked up his ankles and took off at a light hop as he moved his way though the massive encased structure, it had space everything that you make an arena such as this effective.

With feathery steps he shot from room to room before coming back to the most open grounds of the ground floor but not before taking a last glance the the rails of the first floor.

He bit his thumb cutting the front with his teeth before marking symbols into the air and placing both hands on the soil, three puffs of smoke burst up around him.

He waited for the smoke to clear revealing three opponents in order to look them in the eye, as he moved from the one to the other.

He didn't bother to wait for the smoke to clear before he started talking. "Your time is limit, seventy minutes(Seven posts), one shall survive and find what they seek in this world. Use what power you have, using it to leave would lack a point, wasting what little time you have left" Iruka clapped his palms together and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

(Seven posts each)

(Pure this in your post)

Hidan Vs Shiro Vs Daine Sarrasri, The Wildmage
The Radec Academy
X/7
X/21

Posting Order
Hidan
Daine Sarrasri, The Wildmage
Shiro

Cfavano
02-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Hidan looks around. "What the fuck?" He notices the two others. "I gotta fight kids? Oh well, two more sacrifices for lord Jashin!" He draws his scythe. "So, who want's to die first? How about...." He rushes Daine. "YOU!" He swings his scythe down, aiming to slice her clear in half.

The Radec Academy
1/7
1/21

Love Amore
02-18-2013, 12:30 AM
The Radec Academy
1/7
2/21

Daine dove to the side, shifting from girl to sparrowhawk as she fell to the ground. She took off nearly as soon as she landed, her sharp beak opened as she sped towards Hidan's eyes.

Evilcatrobot
02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
The Radec Academy
1/7
3/21

Shiro takes a step back, watching the other two as they fight. The Wretched Egg has already poisoned her mind, giving her the idea of first figuring out which one is the strongest, and only then striking. The male seems to be the one, so she lets her Branch of Sin sneak up behind him while he isn't watching her, before letting it strike as a whip towards his back.

Cfavano
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
"Get off, you dumb bird!" Hidan says as he gets hit in the back with the whip, which cuts deeply. It should have killed him...but it only made him flinch. "You know...that really fuckin' hurt." Hidan jumps away from the fray, and faces both of them. He paints his symbol on the ground with his own blood. "You who knows nothing of the pain of others, face judgement."

The Radec Academy
2/7
4/21

ClumsyCalamity
02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Corvo vs Freya
Freya felt her newfound strength slipping fast. She probably only had another attack in this state. Not taking a moment to pause, she spins to her right bringing her spear up over her head and slashing downward at him with the sharp end. Hopefully this one hit, she could already feel her strength leaving her. It was all or nothing now for Freya.

DoughGuy
02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Corvo vs Freya
14/15
27/30

Corvo weakly held his sword up in a horizontal position to block Freya’s attack as he stepped to the left to try and dodge. However in trance mode she was too strong for him and the spear slammed his sword down onto his own shoulder. Grunting in pain he dropped the sword but managed to blink backwards out of her range. Grabbing a grenade from his belt he tosses it at her. 3 seconds.

ClumsyCalamity
02-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Corvo vs Freya
All of the strength that her trance state had imbued upon her left her feeling weak and injured. Her eyes went wide as she saw him toss a grenade at her. How could she possibly escape the blast radius before the explosion. She didn’t have time to sit here and think. Using what little strength she had left she leapt into the air, but it was too late. The explosion blasted her into a building.

DoughGuy
02-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Corvo vs Freya #15

Corvo grabbed a trio of grenades from his belt with his left hand. He switched his spell to windblast before throwing them with all his might. A second later he unleashed the windblast upon them. Greatly accelerated by the wind the grenades made it through the building's entrance within their fuse time. I don’t know why you had to die, he thought, but I’m glad you fought with honour.

ClumsyCalamity
02-28-2013, 01:49 AM
Corvo vs Freya
#15/ 15
#30/3
Gritting her teeth she pulled herself to her feet using her spear for leverage. This battle wouldn’t last much longer at this rate. Then she saw the trio of grenades being tossed at her. She didn’t have strength to run, but she couldn’t give up

Freya targeted the grenades that flew towards her and used her cherry blossom ability to detonate them before they hit her, hopefully the blast wouldn’t be enough to kill her.

Love Amore
03-09-2013, 04:06 AM
The Radec Academy
2/7
5/21

Daine flew upwards, her body shifting from sparrowhawk to falcon as her wings beat the air and her head took a nearly human shape. Her voice was a mix of human and avian sounds as she spoke "I know plenty about pain!" she called as she circled "And who are you to pass judgment?" as she finished speaking she finished the transition and allowed her head to become what it should be for her form.

Jacogos
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
The grenades exploded, a huge explosion ripping through the area between them. The echo of the blast rang in the air for a moment before only the sound of settling dust could be heard. Freya still stood, weakened beyond movement. What now...? she wondered to herself, her eyes casting about for her opponent.

She found him only as he appeared in front of her, flintlock in hand and loaded with its single bullet. The gun was pressed to her forehead and the man's cold eyes stared into hers.

"You fought well, stranger. Die with no regrets," Corvo said, pulling the trigger that would end the Dragoon's life.

Judge: Jacogos

DoughGuy

Power: 30 of 30 points.
Susan: 30 of 30 points.
Flow: 28 of 30 points.

Miss Shell (Arial)

Power: 30 of 30 points
Susan: 28 of 30 points
Flow: 27 of 30 points

Shizam (10 points) goes to post #11 (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38394&page=8&p=1298350&viewfull=1#post1298350) - Loved the tactical approach.

TOTALS:

Dough: 98
Shell: 85

Winner: DoughGuy

Hello you wonderful SMUTers. I, Jacogos, will be your fair (as in beautiful) judge today and I apologize for the wait you had to endure for this deciding moment.

This was a high-level writer fight. Both of you write superbly and it had to come down to me nit-picking for a winner. Shizam in this one was hard to pick, as every post was wonderful. I love having to judge these fights, as it comes down to who was more perfect rather than who was the 'better writer'. Because, dammit, you're both awesome.

Now the negative part. Both of you only lost in flow because I nitpicked hard on a few awkward grammatical/syntax errors. Other judges might've given you perfect scores.

Which would've left the REAL deciding factor in this: Miss Shell. For Freya, the ability Trance mentions nothing about what you did with it here. The way it was used here was more similar to a Low-Life trigger that powered her up, rather than an activated ability that allows her to levitate and throw multiple spears. That's how you lost Susan. Clarify this up in your CS and you'll be dandy. I'm not sure if it's connected, but Cherry Blossom was also powered up when she went into Trance Mode, so if that's connected, mention it. If not, mention that Freya can control the output of the attack.

Otherwise, guys, it was absolutely marvelous. Keep up the good work and I'll see you guys around.

Happy SMUTing ^.^