PDA

View Full Version : Logged In

AriesChan
05-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Summary: In the year 3015 a new game called Utopia has just been released. It's the first game of it's kinda, a game that successfully transfers the player into their own virtual getaway; where anything and everything is theirs with just a command, they could be whatever they wanted and they can interact with others! From sandy, crystal clear beaches to mystical, underwater cities. But that was years ago and now more and more people have escaped to Utopia...but what happens when it isn't as perfect as it first appeared? Those beautiful beaches are turning into dessert wastelands and monsters are appearing all over the world! And the worst would have to be the connection lost between your real self and your virtual self. It seems the only way to make it out alive is to fight, it's up to the trapped players to gear up and take down whoever or whatever is creating these changes and the monsters.

So basically it's a virtual paradise turned epic quest. Will the players be able to figure out the mystery behind the changes? Is everyone exactly rooting for Team Escape? Are you going to join to find out?

Character Sheet:

Side(Good or Evil):
Name:
Race(if virtual you is something other than human. and since it is a virtual world, this can change within the RP if you want):
Eyes:
Appearance(both normal clothes and armory.real or anime pics are fine):
Weapons/Abilities:
Fighting Style(this is really optional. think of it as like the 'class' tab for RPs...like mage, knight, etc.):
Mount(Again optional):
Anything Extra:

If I think of more I'll add it on but that should be good for now ^^

.Arch
05-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Side: Good.
Name: Ginnaree
Race: Human
Hair: Red
Eyes: Violet
Appearance: Normal (http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/silent_niya/Ginnaree_by_gotgituey.jpg) No Armor obtained. (click to view image)
Weapons/Abilities:
Weapon: Bow and Arrow.
Abilities: Summoning, Heal, and Guard.
Fighting Style: Summoning Mage
Mount(Again optional):
Anything Extra:

DemonGirl00
05-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Side: Good
Name: Anei
Race: Elf
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Green
Appearance: [ Normal ] (http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc319/DeathMyst625/Character%20References/mika.jpg) | [ Armored ] (http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc319/DeathMyst625/Character%20References/anime.jpg)
Weapons: Bow + Arrows; Dagger
Abilities: Invisibility
Fighting Style: Archer
Mount: N/A
Anything Extra: N/A

AliceMalice15
05-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Name: Izumi Lio*
Race: lunar vampire (doesn't have to drink blood if the moon is full)
Hair: black
Eyes: silver*
Appearance: http://www.flashcoo.com/cartoon/digital_CG_artwork_wallpaper_04_1920x1200/images/digital_CG_art_29.jpg
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/6993/kbw055zk.jpg
Weapons/Abilities: she has invisible hands that sprout from behind her back an can stop anything and can cut like a sword.(like elfen lied) she can also use all sorts of magic.
Fighting Style: all styles
Mount: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/abyssrose/Anime%20Illustrations/373823_DemonWolf.jpg*
Anything Extra:

MikeZZZ
05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Side: Evil
Name: Shadow (it's his nickname in the virtual world) and Mike (which no one knows)
Race: Human Hibred (Basically Human with enhanced reflexes and sight/hearing.)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Appearance : Black Jumpsuit with a Blood Red outline.

Weapons/Abilities: Can use almost any weapon. Carries 2 swords on his back, along with an assortment of throwing knives and regualar blades on his person. Also carries a UMP-5 with custamized magazines for extra range and power.

Fighting Style : Ninja is the closest style.

Anything Extra: History have to add to explain his evil setting.
After the virtual world came out, Mike decided to join and make a profit. After he discovered that he could "hack" someone's mind in the virtual realm, he began to get very rich and powerful. He would befriend a person, then hack thier mind and get all kinds of finacial information. Then he would simply kill them, and take thier money.

John
05-12-2010, 07:57 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) to attract players?

Mr.Handsome
05-19-2010, 04:20 AM
Name: Six
Race: Insectoid
Hair: None
Eyes: Black

Appearance:http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070528034329/starwars/images/thumb/b/b4/Verpine2.0.jpg/250px-Verpine2.0.jpg Armored, sans the gun.
Non-Armored is just without the brown plated armor. Just his naked chitin self.
Six is covered with a green exoskeleton that covers up his gooey insides. He has 2 long upper arms that are clawed and not much good for anything except grabbing and holding things. He has 2 smaller 6-fingered limbs that can perform finer manipulations. They are covered when he wears his armor.

Weapons/Abilities: Six carries 4 hatchets he is very good at throwing, along with a longer battle axe for the big fights. His insectoid sensibilities make him highly resistant to magic affecting him on a mental level, such as mind control and illusions. If he is sufficiently rested and healthy enough, he can sprout wings from his back, which are good for lengthy flying, but he can not maintain them very well while wounded or exhausted. His skin will provide basic defense to minor annoyances like weather or an inept knife wielder.

Fighting Style: Front-line Berserker

Mount: Himself when possible

Anything Extra: Six was bred as a soldier for his home hive, but was banished when he failed to conform to the phalanx style fighting of his people. His wanton ax swinging and the total lack of a shield caused his commanders to banish him only after one battle, despite his effectiveness. Differences were not tolerated among the insectoids, especially within the hive military. So Six set off to find fame or glory. At least that's the back story his player gave an insectoid with the beserker class.

((This is my very very very first post here, so any constructive criticism or advice will be greatly appreciated.))

Shifty
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Side: Evil! (evil lauhter in the backround)
Name: Cronos
Hair: black, often slicked back.
Eyes: dark blue
Appearance: normal- a black business suit with a blue tie. http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff77/rafeall/black_knight-1.jpg
Weapons: Prometheus, claymore sword. Epimetheus,short sword.
Abilities: can cast a massive fireball at enemies.
Fighting Style: Knight
Mount: http://gryphonscry.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gryphon.jpg
Anything Extra: Born Sigmund Ardel, He took on the name Cronos when he entered Utopia. He quickly gained prestige and power, even though everyone knew he was a megalomanic. He ammased his own army, mostly of outcasts and those who were unhappy with their spot in life. He is being watched closely by others, but he has yet to attack anyone. The question is not if, but when.

Familiar
06-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Side(Good or Evil): Good
Name: Smith
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Appearance:Casual/Armor (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/047/8/5/Thief_by_yonderboi.jpg) (No heavy armour)

Weapons: Small bow, numerous hidden daggers, small incendiary and percussive devices, miscellaneous traps.

Abilities: Moves silently and unseen, sudden bursts of speed when necessary, slight of hand, excellent lateral thinking capabilities.

Fighting Style: Rogue, focus on speed and cunning aiming for weak-points and setting up traps rather than trying to simply overpower the opponents.

Mount(Again optional): No stable mount, although he does no how to ride fairly well.

Anything Extra: Fairly well known as a man who can get anything that needs getting inside Utopia. Those that have hired him, love him, those that haven't, well, to say that they dislike him would be putting it mildly...

Mr.Handsome
06-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Is this bad boy going to start?

Shinoruka
06-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Name: Luke katora
Hair: White shaggy hair.
Eyes: Yellow
Appearance: http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu83/SsSoulSsS/Humans/hot-2.jpg[/IMG]
Fighting Style: Soldier (well trained combat efficient)
Mount(Again optional): None
Anything Extra: Carries a Crossbow and Poisoned knife.
Luke was a professional Assasin.
in the real world. Naturally wanting a break from his unusual life he took up the chance to join utopia. Now he finds his training is going to be more then tested in what was once a plan to relax turned into a nightmare.

That_Guy
06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Side: EVIL!

Name: Riktor

Appearance: Riktor is of average height and build, with medium length dirty blond hair styled in a rough fohawk. His eyes are a light bright blue, and with his stare alone he can captivate any audience with his calm and collective eyes. His skin is mildy tanned, despite his prolonged exposure to his virtual world.
Armor/clothing: Riktor commonly wears his very own Purge Armor (http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/icefire5/scan0003.jpg), which he created specifically for himself.
Weapons/Abilities: Riktor carries a long bladed saber, with the combination of the shield is a deadly force. However, Riktor is not profficient in the use of his weaponry, as he preffers to avoid combat. He also has the power to control any of Utopia's NPCs he wishes as long as he remains within sight of that particular NPC.

Personality: Riktor is a cold young man, his demeanor alone is enough to send chills through even his allie's spine. Though he is young, he commands respect without even saying a word. He is the dread of all things in Utopia that is still good, and he is feared amongst those who appose the good.

What makes Riktor so fearsome is the fact that he holds considerable influence in the game itself, but mainly the reason he is so infamous is because he excells with psychology. Riktor was born with a rare understanding of the human mind, and he uses it to his advantage. even at his very young age, his skill with manipulation and psychological examinations surpasses individuals who have spent their lives studying the human brain. With his skill, he is able to discern what your general thoughts are, what you have experienced in your life, how to use it to his advantage, and ultimately what you will most likely do next.
Bio: Riktor was one of the first developers of the game Utopia, he designed NPC to player interaction, using his immense talent for understanding the human mind. He first started by writing scripts for dialogue, until he realized scripts were too limiting in such a vast world of possibilities. So he immediately set off equipping each NPC with a player AI system, capable of carrying out a full conversation with a human without a flaw.

When suddenly the monsters began to appear, he was unsure of which side to take in the epic struggle. Finally, as the battle heated, he sided with the monsters, favoring the power he had over those trying to escape. However, despite these assumed reasons, his true motives are still a mystery.

That_Guy
06-05-2010, 10:14 PM
My character sheet doesn't exactly fit the guide, so I'd just like to say if anything is too controlling or powerfull, please let me know so I can make necessary adjustements!

TheDashingRogue
06-05-2010, 10:18 PM
It does sound rather OP'd...

He also has the power to control any Utopian NPCs he wishes, including monsters, friendly humans, etc.

He is the dread of all things in Utopia that is still good, and he is feared amongst those who appose the good.

...he holds immense power within the game... Simply by looking at a man, Riktor can discern what he is thinking, why he is thinking, how he is thinking, and what he is going to think about.

...he can bend you to his will, cause you pain, demoralize you, make you believe everything you have been told is a lie.

But then again this isn't my RP, so feel free to flush my opinions down the toilet ;)

Familiar
06-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm with Dashing here, but (obviously) this isn't my RP. The idea of controlling the gameworld because you were a dev is actually a pretty cool one, but the 'master psychologist' thing really throws me. I would focus on the idea of controlling the monsters and environment in game, or maybe even making it so that your character knows some back doors and glitches that he's able to exploit as opposed to reading your opponents psyche.

Anyways, just an idea...

That_Guy
06-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah, may have went a bit overboard on the psych thing, however in my defense I'd like to point out these are all things psychologists in the real world can do, so there is nothing magical or superhuman about it. Due to his previous career as a Utopia developer, he would have influence on the virtual world, particularly NPCs.

Besides, it's not like he can actually control players, or make anything he wants, laservision, or other Chuck Norris like powers.

TheDashingRogue
06-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Well just because his previous career explains his powers doesn't mean they're justified as reasonable or even. But giving him influence over every non-human part of the world (i.e. the monsters) seems slightly overpowered, where's the challenge?

In a normal confrontation any other character would have to fight his way out or run away, yours could just easily control them and tell them to walk off a cliff, or stab themselves. I'm not going on a hate mission against your char, I'm just playing Devil's advocate ;) So please don't take offence (although I'm sure you haven't)

Familiar
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
With me it's less a, oh there could never be a character like that in the real world and more, man that character could never work in an RP. The problem with a power like that is that you can either force people to react in the way you want to your statements (which would be god-modding of the highest order) or you leave the end result in the hands of the other player. I've been in more than one situation where a psych guy has tried to talk a character of mine into something and you can either go along with it, which often derails where you wanted the character to head, or you can ignore it, making you look like a prick and the psych looking like an idiot. It's really a no win situation.

That_Guy
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I think you seemed to have misunderstood, my character can control NPCs within the world, not human players. Human players run on their own free will, and Riktor has no control over them such as mind control/reading.

When I said he could control monsters, it was rather a pointless statement. The monsters have a single track mind to attack players on sight, if Riktor told them to attack, they would have done so anyways. His control over the creatures doesn't give them special powers either.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to completely contradict your first statement. Having a career as the Utopia AI developer explains his control over NPCs minds pretty well. If you're refering to his psychological capabilities, then his abilities as a smooth talker and manipulation is perfectly reasonable.

That_Guy
06-05-2010, 11:31 PM
...I've been in more than one situation where a psych guy has tried to talk a character of mine into something and you can either go along with it, which often derails where you wanted the character to head, or you can ignore it, making you look like a prick and the psych looking like an idiot. It's really a no win situation.

I agree, however at the same time I don't.

Firstly, it is up to the recipient of the mental manipulation to realize emotional reality. For example:

If the psychology oriented character uses an event in history as a manipulative tool, like an embarassing event, tragic death, or emotionally impacting part of that character's life, it is up to the recipient to realize the bonds of emotion and it's impact on the mind. Some stranger touching on a sore part of life isn't something you can walk away from without flinching, and it's totally unrealistic and very much a jerk move to not even have an impact.

EDIT: Revised the character sheet to go more in depth about his psychology. Also established a few restraints, and made pre existing restraints clearer.

TheDashingRogue
06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I think you seemed to have misunderstood, my character can control NPCs within the world, not human players. Human players run on their own free will, and Riktor has no control over them such as mind control/reading.

I understood entirely that you meant he can control NPCs, I can read ;) I still believe his ability to control the monster's single track mind and bend them to his will is overpowered. Telling them to jump off of a cliff is not giving them any special powers, nor is telling them to not attack, but it is still OP'd in my opinion.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to completely contradict your first statement. Having a career as the Utopia AI developer explains his control over NPCs minds pretty well. If you're refering to his psychological capabilities, then his abilities as a smooth talker and manipulation is perfectly reasonable.

I agreed that your explanation certainly explains his powers, I said that just because one can think of an explanation doesn't mean that what has been explained is necessarily right or fair. An explanation does not equal a justification.

Shinoruka
06-05-2010, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE= An explanation does not equal a justification.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this one, that does seem a little off now doesnt it.

That_Guy
06-06-2010, 12:17 AM
...I agreed that your explanation certainly explains his powers, I said that just because one can think of an explanation doesn't mean that what has been explained is necessarily right or fair. An explanation does not equal a justification.

A bit of misinterpretation on my part now, however I agree completely. As history has proven, a just reason does not justify an action. Quote of the day? I think so.

I also edited the character sheet, I think my choice of words and hunger for emphasis were the ones to blame here. However it doesn't feel right to me, like it's sort of tacked on, so I might change it again just to make it blend.

ZokuRumba
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
IG Character -

Attribute:

Neutral

Name:

Alaster Vladimir Zephyrus

Race:

Human

Male

Hair:

Golden toasted auburn, medium cut front, long braided back, and mussed.

Eyes:

Solid amber colored eyes that have a strong yellowish/golden and russet/coppery tint, natural dark circles, and wears prescription glasses.

Appearance:

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/MekinChan/1275761485750.jpg

Weapons:

Varies, it depends on what he decides to transmute. He rarely uses weapons. He depends mostly on his legs (see style).

Class:

Alchemist

Abilities:

He knows the science and art of understanding, deconstructing and reconstructing matter. He uses this ability to transmute objects back to its original state or form if he chooses to do so. He may also change the form of the object(s) into something different.

Fighting Style:

Choy Lee Fut (a style in which power originates from the waist and be utilized to release strong punches from less than a foot away from the target. It also uses throwing and grappling techniques, low and high kicks, snap kicks, sidekicks, turn kicks, and hook kicks. It also features turns and spins. Jamming and intercepting are favorite strategies that are used against opponents) & Northern Shaolin (The northern style generally emphasize long range techniques, quick advances and retreats, wide stances, kicking and leaping techniques, whirling circular blocks, quickness, agility, and aggressive attacks. The system teaches empty-hand techniques and weaponry through predetermined combinations, known as forms, routines, or movement of sets.)

Mount:

A very kind Freiberger named, Kaiser, that is chestnut in color and has a very fine, soft mane.

Extra:

IRL Information -

Name:

Karina Jacobson

Female

Ethnicity:

Mixed

Appearance:

[x] (http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/MekinChan/Decorated%20images/1275227766624.jpg)

Personality:

She may be small, but she's one gutsy chick. Karina is very rough, blunt and daring. She's not very feminine either. Karina tends to be impolite and inappropriate.

DemonGirl00
06-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Hopefully, if the GM shows up again.
._.

That_Guy
06-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Yeah... This RP could be awesome if the leader decided to show...

AriesChan
06-06-2010, 03:02 PM
yea it could, sorry i've been busy with life...any way IC up soon.

My People:

Side(Good or Evil): Evil..in fact he's the creator of the evil ^^
Name: Goes by the name OverSeer
Race(if virtual you is something other than human. and since it is a virtual world, this can change within the RP if you want): Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Appearance(both normal clothes and armory.real or anime pics are fine):http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu258/PandaDisguise/normal_maalrevised_preview.jpg
Weapons/Abilities: He creates the monsters that have been appearing and is the one behind the changes. He powers over shadows. He has the unique ability to add form to shadows(the monsters) and the shadows he sends out across Utopia(and even the ones of others) act as his eyes and ears. He can also control the shadow of others, sometimes turning them against the owner and others.
Fighting Style(this is really optional. think of it as like the 'class' tab for RPs...like mage, knight, etc.): Doesn't...really..do the fighting. Like any other villian in a show...the closer the heroes get the more he hides...and uses minions.
Mount(Again optional): umm...shadows? O.o
Anything Extra: he likes pineapple no but really...the OverSeer was just a regular Utopian until one day he ventured a bit too far off his path. In real life he was into the computers and could fix almost any form of technology...and hack it too. And what better thing to try it out on then a virtual paradise. honestly...he didn't think the effect would be so great and now he pretty much has one world at his finger tips

Side(Good or Evil): Good
Name: Kitsuni Mayonaka
Race(if virtual you is something other than human. and since it is a virtual world, this can change within the RP if you want): Fox Demon
Hair: Silverish-blue, reaches mid back
Eyes: Dark Blue
Appearance(both normal clothes and armory.real or anime pics are fine): http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/ShyGirl_ChanChan/Soul_of_Shadow_Moon_by_maxwindy.jpg except with the above hair and eyes and stuff.
Weapons/Abilities: she has control over water/ice and basically forms weapons out of them. She also has two katanas strapped to her side
Anything Extra: she doesn't trust many people and it can take awhile for her to open up. She lives in a shrine, in the mountains of Utopia where she trains...or atleast did until she spotted the monsters.

Umm...i was thinking the OverSeer could be a sort of...'Pass Around Character'... whereas we could take turns playing him. I was thinking that because he is the main villian and he mostlikely will be changing up how he takes over Utopia and since we all have our own style of writing and ideas, we could add to him. If that makes sense...but thats only if you guys want

AriesChan
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
oki guys, That_Guy is going to help me create a map for the game, sorry I wasn't really thinking when i had thought this up. Here is a bit of an over view of the world of Utopia, it is basically a collection of various worlds that are all connected, like Kingdom Hearts almost? I hope that makes sense.

There is one world that is 'off the map' persay and that is where the Overseer stays, it is a domain he created for himself through hacking.

Again sorry for the inconvenience ^^ Have fun!

Edit: So...I was thinking there would be a sort of digital line, to symbolize the passing through planes/worlds, which ever you want to call them. What do you guys think?

Familiar
06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Sounds good. One question though, how connected are all of the 'worlds'?

ie. Like is it: Forest world, Ice world, Lava World and they're all in a high fantasy setting, or is it more High Fantasy World, Cyberpunk World, Steampunk World and the forest, ice and lava are all inside the High Fantasy world? I guess what I'm asking is: are the 'worlds' settings or locales?

Edit: Also, my first IC post is up.

That_Guy
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
...ie. Like is it: Forest world, Ice world, Lava World and they're all in a high fantasy setting, or is it more High Fantasy World, Cyberpunk World, Steampunk World and the forest, ice and lava are all inside the High Fantasy world? I guess what I'm asking is: are the 'worlds' settings or locales?...

That isn't my intention, no. We've barely scratched the surface on the matter, but in my idea I have a very rough outline of what will happen. When we finalize it we'll tack it on ASAP, in the mean time try not to go into world hopping and descriptions of the worlds in the IC, as it might turn out differently in the final draft.

Familiar
06-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Hmm, what wasn't your intention; the second one? If so, that's what I figured...

In response to your latest post Aries: What exactly is happening? I thought that the monsters were a gradually growing sort of problem. Was there just some sort of all out attack? If there was I'll make the first post a flashback and catch up to present time in the second.

AriesChan
06-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Hmm, sorry let me clear it up. the RP starts a few days after the monsters started appearing and the logging out problem. At this rate the monsters being sent really have no other mission but to gather and attack/scare the players. The town that Kit is in was just attacked a day before, the shadows that she is seeing now are being called back to the Overseer, so basically what the Overseer is doing is building up his powers and his monsters. But not saying that every town has been attacked yet lol, and also the land scapes will be gradually changing.

Like in Kit's cause the shadows did actually come through the town, but in some cases the townfolk don't even know of the attacks and yet buildings that were tall and beautiful a second ago start breaking down the next....I'm sorry I rambled, but do you understand, a bit?

That_Guy
06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Hmm, what wasn't your intention; the second one? If so, that's what I figured...

Sorry if I mistook that for a degree of hostility... If you have a complaint please let me know so I can resolve the matter.

Like I said before, details will be posted once I create a much more detailed bio.

Familiar
06-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Alright then. I think I know what I'm going to do with my next post then. Also That_Guy: No hostility, I'm just trying to figure out which thing you were referring to a couple posts back... I asked A or B and you said yes. Just trying to clear something up in my head :) . If you still aren't sure, that's fine, all I was curious about is are we staying in the current fantasy-esque setting, or will the different 'worlds' Aries mentioned going to change that?

AriesChan
06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
it will still be in a fantasy setting ^^, we're just trying to set up a description for you all ^^..well he's really doing all the work *apologizs* but yea *nods* I'm sorry.

Shinoruka
06-07-2010, 02:18 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! IM LATE IM LATE IM LATE!! MAN! NOT COOL I MISSED THE START!! :(

That_Guy
06-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Sorry familiar, it's hard to decipher a tone of voice with written text. Musta missed my anti-testosterone pills...

Anyways it will be on three different worlds, each with unique environments. They will not be elemental as you have described, and each will have some form of civilization and life. That's pretty much the best I can do for now, still pounding out details.

DemonGirl00
06-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Blarg, sorry for my inactivity.
My mind's been elsewhere.
Posting in the IC now...

Familiar
06-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Alright, I just threw a random-ish encounter in there. Anyone that's in a position to do so can pick it up if they want, or I could have just run into some random player. Your choice.

Also: Posting this here because it was bugging me and I couldn't fit it into the ICm
the post in a sentence: Pre-programmed peasants' protocols for prolonging preservation peeve pursued pilferers.

TheDashingRogue
06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Pre-programmed peasants' protocols for prolonging preservation peeve pursued pilferers.

Win :crazy:

Recycled sheet inbound!

-----------

Username: Velor

Sex: Male

Race: Wolf-folk

Appearance: Actually a drawing here (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/175/b/1/Wolf_warrior_with_flame_sword_by_WolfLSI.jpg) but coloured by moi!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/Keragor2/Wolf-1.png

Personality: Surprisingly friendly despite his formidable appearance in-game.

Weapons/Abilities: (Ignoring the sword in the picture) Hand-to-hand combat, skilled free-runner, very mobile.

Fighting Style: Hand-to-hand (teeth-to-neck and claw-to-face too)

Anything Extra: Just a regular player, really :D

GraftRaven
06-09-2010, 02:14 AM
2 quick questions:

1: are you still open for characters?
2: would you rather have a really nasty villain or a really nasty villain type person on the good team?

AriesChan
06-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Answer 1: Yes, i am still accepting ^^ i wanted the RP to be open so i'mm be accepting characters as long as ppl submit them lol

Answer 2: hmm well either is fine. maybe a villian type? because it sort of adds a bit of mystery to the character because you aren't sure exactly which side they are on, ya know? But either is just great ^^

GraftRaven
06-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Just remember, Aries, you chose.

Name: Kar'Athul (no real name can be remembered)

Race: Undead?

Hair: none

Eyes: one bionic, soulless, green and glowing. (Right eye)

Appearance: http://privateerpress.com/files/products/cryx/warcasters/lich-lord-asphyxious.pngMinus the green magicky stuff under him and the vents/spikes coming out of his back, I don't know what they do ant they're stupid looking, and the lower part of the shoulder armor (the gold bits) doesn't have the really long part that comes off to the side.

Weapons/Abilities: Staff (rareley used in close combat), electricity based magic (will be referred to as gauss magic, usually in the form of beams or flux whips)

Fighting style: Mage, terror tactics.

Extra: Physically weak, but powerful enough and very strong with his magic. Gauss energy is focused mainly on breaking molecular bonds, but also influences magnetism.

I love characters like this, I shall not fail as a villain!

EDIT: Changed the picture, I found a bigger, more badass looking version of the same guy.

MOAR EDITS: Spelling, I hate the auto suggester on my phone so much T-T

TheDashingRogue
06-09-2010, 10:49 AM
i'mm be accepting characters as long as ppl submit them lol

Yaay! To the post-creator!

TheDashingRogue
06-09-2010, 09:13 PM
The potted plant is mightier than the sword.

MikeZZZ
06-09-2010, 09:18 PM
lol i thought it was the pen....oh well rewrite the history books : p

TheDashingRogue
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Haha, well whoever said that has clearly never been hit with a potted plant :D

Nocturus
06-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Side:
Good

Name:
Christian Blackfield; AKA 'Nocturus'

Race:
Demon

Hair:
Varies. Jet black, but as adrenaline increases it begins to lose color. At his peak his hair is shock white in color.

Eyes:
Crimson

Appearance:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/nightthedemon/Demonic%20Doodles/Nocturus1.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/nightthedemon/Demonic%20Doodles/img002.jpg

Weapons/Abilities:
A sword he has dubbed 'Sunslayer'. Low tier Hellfire and Shadow magic.

Fighting Style:
Spellblade- utilizing a combination of low level magic and moderate skill in swordplay in unison during battle. Not truly proficient in physical or magical fights, but using the two to balance each-other.

Mount:
N/A

Anything Extra:
In the real world Christian is an aspiring author who frequents RP, fan-fiction, and other writing based sites. Nocturus is his main character. When he heard about Utopia he saw it as a chance to better understand his character by simply becoming him and since entering Utopia he has never once dropped character in game or revealed anything about his normal life.

Shinoruka
06-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Haha, well whoever said that has clearly never been hit with a potted plant :D

Quite true, Lol those hurt xD

Nocturus
06-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Potted plant, you say?formidable indeed; but not moreso than the sword.Might I suggest a spork?it trumps both.

Familiar
06-10-2010, 01:44 AM
You seem to be ignoring the obvious awesome that is the splade. Think spork crossbred with a knife and you have the general idea. You only need one.

Torm
06-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Name: Rathen
Race: Undead
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Dark Red
Appearance: http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/blueangel_38/anime/trinity_blood_058.jpg
Weapons: Can create any weapon with his own blood, but normally sticks to a giant Scythe.(See appearance)
Abilities: Has control over blood he is in contact with. Can shape it, harden it, manipulate it in anyway he sees fit.
Fighting Style: Blood Necromancer

Anything Extra: "Some men aren't looking for anything logical.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.
Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred

GraftRaven
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM
The best villains are built off that quote. You'd do well to keep it in mind through the story, don't loose sight of it.

TheDashingRogue
06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Beautiful quote :)

That_Guy
06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Here is everything I came up with. I briefly described it to Aeries, so he knows what I'm doing, however he still has yet to approve this final draft I sent him a while ago. If he doesn't approve then this will be removed until further notice. Pictures to come soon as well!

Utopia- The original world on which the game Utopia was founded. The world is the largest of the three known worlds (excluding Solia*), and currently has the largest population of virtual gamers. The magnificant world is home to beautiful scenery, lively cities, wild forests and jungles, vast oceans, calming beaches, and anything else you could imagine heaven on earth to be.

However, Heaven on Earth met its end when the Dark Planet spawned into existance. After the sighting of the Dark Planet, gateways began to open all across Utopia's world, allowing monsters to pour into the virtual paradise, forcing the trapped gamers into cities where they established walls for protection against the fiendish horde.

The Dark Planet- The planet spawned by the evil one named the OverSeer, the creator and father of Utopia's apocolypse. He created the smaller world with the intention of supplying his followers with a home and his monsters a spawning base. A thick black smog envelopes the world, which creates almost constant thunderstorms and rain. The land is dark and mournful, and it is even said that the earth itself cries in the dark forests and uninhabited areas.

Haven- Shortly after the appearance of Utopia, Haven appeared in the universe. Like the Dark Planet, gateways between the two worlds opened, however these gateways can only be accessed by the inhabitants of Haven and a few select others.

Haven was created to help the gamers combat the sudden host of monsters that threatened Utopia. Hoever, even though Haven fights against the monsters, it is more of a third faction, and does not allow Utopians to enter Haven.

The inhabitants of Haven are primarily game developers, with the exception of a select few of experienced players. Here in Haven, the developers raise an army of Sentinels, which are an elitist breed of monsters specifically made to combat the horde. Unfortunately, the Sentinels require lots of Holochrons* to create, and the production of Sentinels are very limited. Many players speculate that this is the main reason why the developers refuse to aid Utopians further.

*Holochron- A holochron is an in-game physical form of memory. Memory is required to create items in the game, and Utopians use it as currency. More complex items require more holochrons to create, and thusly, destroying matter in the game results in gaining holochrons.

*Solia- Solia is comparable to Earth's sun, as Solia provides light for the world of Utopia, the Dark Planet, and Haven. When the game first started, Solia was never thought of much, and to gamers it was simply a piece of virtual scenery in Utopia. However, recent analysis reveals that Solia is actually a large planet with golden smog enveloping the atmosphere, much like the Dark Planet's thick black smog. Unfortunately, the golden dust cannot be seen through, and it is unknown if the planet within is inhabitable.

Nocturus
06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
1. The splade is nice in theory; but most created to this day hold only the cutting power necessary to slice a wet noodle.

2. Nice quote Torm. Hope you can still RP as good as you did during our last fight. ^.^

3. I am intrigued by Haven... I don't like not being permitted places. It makes me want to go there...

It appears Aries is online.
Thusly... Aries; I humbly ask for approval, disapproval, or comments on my simplistic application so that I may know whether or not I can go post.
Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

AriesChan
06-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Aries^ she^ ^^

I'm sorry, I thought i approved it in the PM *pulls out ACCEPTED stamp and stamps the map description, Torm's CS, and any other CS's where the creator is confused on if they were accepted or not*

HAPPY POSTING!!!

Any questions about the RP in general, feel free to ask me!
Any questions about the maps, feel free to ask That_Guy (or ask me to ask That_Guy ^^)
Any suggestions, comments, hate mail; you know where my profile is ;P

GraftRaven
06-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Wolf demon? I knew that picture was too small... take a good second look xD

AriesChan
06-11-2010, 02:53 AM
oh gawd xDD i was thinking about Rogue's character xD im sorry *hits self* way to be observant!

GraftRaven
06-11-2010, 03:20 AM
LOL, its okay. I still have to figure out exactly what he is though...

That_Guy
06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Uhhh, she... my bad... *cough*

ANYWAYS, my scanner hasn't exactly been agreeing with me in the past few days, so that picture I promised you is going to have to wait a tiny little bit...

AriesChan
06-13-2010, 04:16 AM
it's fine, Guy...may i call you Guy? Guy. xD

Shinoruka
06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
ok..so, to explain what happened..since no one noticed..my charecter walked up to the group of 3 talking about the fight that just happened before going inside the inn..and..i'v been ignored about it for 2 days so..i feel a bit neglected..

MikeZZZ
06-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, I'll say something about it soon as I can :p been busy with real life lol

Shinoruka
06-13-2010, 06:41 PM
thank you. i guess everyones just been busy so its easy to miss things.

Familiar
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Sorry, guess I missed that. I've addressed that now.

Shinoruka
06-13-2010, 09:56 PM
thats ok :)

TheDashingRogue
06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Gah, I feel like such a fool now... to the posteopticon!

DemonGirl00
06-14-2010, 12:05 AM
*Sigh*
Yet another roleplay that I spend roleplaying with myself.
It's such a pain when you're in different town from everyone else...
=.=

Familiar
06-14-2010, 01:07 AM
You should have run with me :) Besides, you're not that far out; just run into some monsters that force you to turn back, and meet up with the steadily growing group thats going on.

Shinoruka
06-14-2010, 01:19 AM
well il force myself to keep everyone in the inn if nessicary :)

Familiar
06-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Ah, you don't have to do that. We can find something to do in the meantime, and she'll be able to find us as long as we stay in the same town. Besides, I'm bouncing an idea around in my head of trying to convince everyone to steal some magical weapons/doohickeys. Stealth with a bear! Should be fun.

Edit: I'll get my post in tomorrow btw.

TheDashingRogue
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Eh, what bear?

Familiar
06-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Eh~ Bear, wolf, similar-ish... kinda... (so I have a bad memory)

TheDashingRogue
06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Haha I get you now ;)

MikeZZZ
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
My sincere apoligies for adding powers to my character, I'll take it out and edit the post now. : )

Shinoruka
06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
i could use a magical weapon...actually i'v been thinking...Because for somereason i thought it would be ok for my man to have himself a firearm..it doesnt make much sence to me as to why he should have one..its a utopia and this is fantasy..so..unless the utopia has serious choices for weapons my weapon doesnt make much sence at the moment. ..im considering changing that if 1. its a problem, And 2. No one minds as long as i change all my posts to fit it.

AriesChan
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
a magical weapon is fine or he could have the ability to control fire like Kit can control water...or maybe he comes across some artifact(or W/E xD) when you guys go magic stealing that grants him the power over fire.

TheDashingRogue
06-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm fine with biting/slashing/hitting things :D

Shinoruka
06-14-2010, 10:42 PM
well..how about my problem?..i could always give him some cool made up weapon.. xD

Familiar
06-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Just wait, I can give us a nice set-up. I'll make a post now.

Nocturus
06-15-2010, 02:42 AM
When looking for 'gun' style weapons in an RP...
crossbows make the easiest transition
slingshots are the most fun, at least, imo
and magical artifacts or inventions like the 'handheld catapult'[it didn't sound so silly when I thought it up; I swear] are the most difficult to use properly

anyway; good luck Shinoroku.

...I only notice after all the hubbub about magic; I feel highly out-numbered by the non magic users
far moreso than I'm used to in a fantasy setting...
interesting

Shinoruka
06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Nocturus i think il make a change into a crossbow as soon as i have time..im probably making myself late for my bus right now..maybe i should go.. :/

DemonGirl00
06-15-2010, 11:54 PM
There, I made up a giant monster to scare Anei all the way back to the inn.
XD

And I agree, Nocturus.
It's weird how many non-magic-users there are here.
But, I suppose it's a nice change from the RPs where everyone has a boatload of magic powers.

Shinoruka
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
That does cause problems doesnt it.. :/ well maybe some magic weapons will spice things up..Like..a Rapid fire flame crossbow :D

Nocturus
06-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Hmm...
How to show up at the inn...
So many options.
Just see the light and hear the chatter, following the voices and heading in.
Happen to run into yet another beastie; perhaps even the one who was chasing our little elfette...
Just go in for a drink.
Or remain outside; perhaps take no notice of everyone else until they're getting set to leave and exiting the inn.
So many options...

ANYWAY:
I humbly accept your thanks, Shino.
However; I must apologize for mistyping your name earlier, whether or not you took note of my error.

And very much agreed DG.
Not an unpleasant difference.
Just a difference.

Familiar
06-16-2010, 04:29 AM
I have to say, I love the fact that every one seems to be converging to start this thing at an Inn. Yes, if we had planned this it would be cliche, but the fact that it just happened this way makes it kinda awesome...

Shinoruka
06-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Well i hadnt noticed your error, But i thank you for your appoligies. As for your meeting up with everyone delema i believe a combination of your options may make things more interesting dont you agree?

Milly
06-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I hope I can join. ^^

Name: Known as "The Devine Fist" Ohka

Race: Werewolf

Hair: White-ish Gray

Eyes: Blue

Appearance: http://images.absoluteanime.com/dot_hack/ouka.gif
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/l3laster/Anime/Ouka/ouka-3.jpg

Weapons: Sorta brass knuckles, her fists, her legs.

Abilities: She's able to turn into a wolf. Good sense of hearing, smell, and sight.

Fighting Style: She's a fighter. She fights with her fists and kicks.

AriesChan
06-17-2010, 12:09 AM
thanks Milly! *gives cookie*

Nocturus
06-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Ohka from .Hack!!!
OMFG!
She's so my fave!
-fanboy moment-

Milly
06-18-2010, 12:52 AM
thanks Milly! *gives cookie*

Shoe welcome. ^^ *takes cookie*

Ohka from .Hack!!!
OMFG!
She's so my fave!
-fanboy moment-

This reminded me soo much of it, and I'm rewatching the Key of the Twilight, so I said, "Why not?" XD

AriesChan
06-25-2010, 05:26 PM
hey, guys, i'm going to be away for a lil while longer, just keep up the great posting and have fun ^^ feel free to control my people until i return!

HAPPY POSTINGG

Koti~
07-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Any chance this is still open for people to join?

I have plenty of ideas for this, hoping i can join into this rp, mainly because it sounds like fun

AriesChan
07-06-2010, 07:19 PM
yes, it is open as long as there are ppl to join ^^ and sorry i was away guys