PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3: The Dark Mist - Conclusion

E1Alpha
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Chapter 3: The Dark Mist
Conclusion

And thus, we reach the end of Chapter 3 at long last. And everyone got a taste of what my allmighty Ekro really are. Here's to hoping they can continue their slaughter. And to hoping that in future battles, player counts are more equal on each side.

Looking at things, it seems that all factions except for Disgeran are being pushed back into a dangerous corner, but in measurements of power, Scaravus keeps up with Disgeran with a near perfect performance in Talos.

http://i47.tinypic.com/28r2i6v.png
Firanos
Territory Loss x2: -20
=

Leongarde
Commander Death: -15
Territory Loss: -10
Territory Gain: +10
PC Promotion: +5
=

Archeos
Critical Territory Loss: -20
PC Defection (To Disgeran): -5
=

Disgeran
Commander Ascension: +10
Commander Death: -15
PC Defection (From Archeos: +5
=

Aeregos
PC Promotion: +5
PC Loss: -5
=

Scaravus
Defeated the Ekro: +15
PC Promotion x2: +10
=

UPDATES:
Territorial
-Scaravus has conquered Talos from Firanos and The Ekro
-Disgeran has conquered the Lionglade from Leongarde
-Leongarde has conquered the Gero Badlands from Scaravus
-The Ekro have infested Cayanas, Highperk Shores and the Fieran Lowlands

NPCs
-Hierophind, the Prophet of Darkness has been slain at the battle for Nin Yhao by the hand of Kaizan Kurotsubasa (The Overmind)
-Vanguard, the Iron Guardian has been slain at the battle for Lionglade by the hand of Cretoris, the Nightbringer
-Gyurandon, the Dark Beast has been revealed and beaten back at Talos by Karrha Nameko (P.K.) and Dezeroth A'kyer (Eddren)
-Cretoris, the Nightbringer has ascended to superior power level, becoming Daemon Cretoris, Consumer of the Night

PCs
-Okotshuchin (Tolvo) has been slain at the battle for Highperk Shores
-Corporal Kaizan Kurotsubasa (The Overmind) has been granted the title of Lieutenant for his actions at Nin Yhao
-Shani Alhema (P.K.) has escaped captivity from Aeregos
-Dezeroth A'kyer (Eddren) has been granted the title of Sergeant for his actions in Talos
-Karrha Nameko (P.K.) has been granted the title of Corporal for her actions in Talos
-Richard Soldegarde (Tolvo) has been granted the title of Corporal for his actions in Gero Badlands

Other Information
-The dark fog of the Ekro has spread into Cayanas, Highperk Shores and the Fieran Lowlands, but seems in a passive state for now.
-General Leonard “Gray Mane” Kilvas has joined the commander panel.

OOC Information
-Judge Merry Gentry has timed out on judging and as such, will be out of judging until further notice.

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
ANYONE CAN REQUEST THE COMMENTARY FROM THE JUDGES, AFTER WHICH THEY WILL BE SENT IN A PM

Different questions can be asked here aswell.

Before I continue on with my plans for Chapter 4, I am going to work on those rune tablets and another table I've been wanting to make.

P.K.
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Whoo! how exciting! time for after mathssssss!

Eddren
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
So that everyone knows, I did partake in the judgings, and have made a post-by-post analysis of each battle. So if you want to know EXACTLY what won the battle in my opinion, feel free to PM me.

Jacogos
01-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Gero Badlands is missing from the Territorial Updates.

Also, I could've sworn that Lieutenant was a lower tier than Sergeant xD

Tolvo
01-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Lieutenant and Sergeant are sometimes the same rank, sometimes one is above the other. Usually one isn't just a Lieutenant, that's quite rare. The would be a Lieutenant _______, to show they are second to the ______ officer.

I'd of course want to get the judging on my battles.

Jacogos
01-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I also find it amusing that, according to the power balance, the two most powerful factions are Disgeran... and Scaravus. Looking at territory, that's rather hilarious xD Apparently defeating the Ekro is a major power point.

P.K.
01-16-2013, 08:45 PM
XD apparently!

DoughGuy
01-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Damn, was hoping Hastur would get a promo. Oh well, next chapter awaits. Could I get the judging for my battle pls?

Tolvo
01-29-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm still wanting my judging.

Cfavano
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I want my judging, too.

Jacogos
01-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Hell I never got mine from last chapter xD

P.K.
01-29-2013, 10:53 PM
same :P

Tolvo
01-29-2013, 11:03 PM
If you were in a battle I judged, I can send you a PM of the judgings I gave, if that is allowed.

Jacogos
01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
At this point, with all of us being judges, we might as well exchange our comments. If I can find mine I'll send it to ya.

P.K.
01-29-2013, 11:21 PM
hey I'm not a judge o-o

Tolvo
01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
By that idea, I can just post all the judgings here that I did. Mind you, you know how I am and how I will not simply be nice when giving such views. So if you may get offended by my judgings, just don't even read them.

I'll give two answers for each, one based off of how the player did. The other being the overall condition of the battlefield itself.

Fieran Lowlands - Firanos VS the Ekro

Player Skill - Victory for Firanos.

Eddren took in the resources available to him and focused on trying to keep men alive to provide more bodies to strike at the Ekros. Working alongside a general he managed to amplify his powers possibly causing some sort of powerful attack against the Ekros army. With the death of the Frost Spectres and an Ice Demon it is apparent he went for the goal given and accomplished it.

Battle Condition - Victory for Ekros.

Despite all of Brevsin's efforts, there is still a massive army of seemingly undying Ekros attacking and killing their men while causing the fog to grow. He killed a frost demon and a few haunting creatures, if they are even dead. Still there is no sight that anything has actually died, or that the frost demon was even a leader since the creatures seem to be aimless. As such I feel his actions had little overall impact.

Cayanas - Archeos VS the Ekros

Player Skill - Victory for Archeos.

While Cf did little for the battle and came up with plans but never followed through with them, Doughguy stuck to his guns and made many efforts against the Ekros causing the death of some key targets. With this unlike Cf, he was willing to work with others and try and win a fight while losing as few people as possible. I give this barely to Archeos since Zhao held them back so much, but I feel the actions of Hastur made up for it.

Battle Condition - Victory for Archeos

While they lost a lot of Archons due to a foolish tactic on part of whoever was commanding the battle, overall their ground troops did not seem to suffer too many casualties. Not a lot of ground was lost and their formations seem to be mostly intact. With some of the enemy's more powerful units killed this leaves Archeos at an advantage without their Archons.

Lionaglade - Leongarde VS Disgeran

Player Skill - Victory for Disgeran

Imposter and Jac really didn't impress me with any sort of genius tactics or really taking advantage of situations, but I suppose they didn't make horrible mistakes and screw it all up. Really this is about as neutral as possible. Except in that V is very powerful and the use of a powerful spell on his behalf would probably mean victory.

Battle Condition - Victory for Disgeran

While the Leongarde showed much more impressive planning for the battle as well as a great defensive line, the Warlocks are in the battle. Due to the variety of their abilities as well as no way for them to be dealt with unless the Lionhearted somehow appear out of nowhere, this is a definite victory for Disg. As time goes on they will overrun the Leon troops while the powerful spells tear the Leon army apart. It's inevitable.

Jacogos
01-30-2013, 01:54 AM
I think the judging of Lionglade was rather fair, Tolvo xD I'll be completely honest and blame it all on Imposter for not posting fast enough. The battle didn't really go anywhere for the longest time because there was no actual progression of the fight. Had it gone on longer, we might have impressed you a little more :P

Alright, so here's my Player specific judging for each battle:

Eddren did a pretty bang-up job soloing against the Ekro. Since I feel like it's more in Brevsin's character to do so, I'll forgive him for basically blindly throwing the man into the mist, which I feel was a major fault in trying to win. He did rather well keeping his men alive; though losses were inevitable, his rallying cries kept them alive for as long as possible. However, something tells me that a normal being would have pulled back after a bit of going at the Frost Demon. Obviously he fought well enough to defeat it, I simply question the idea of going up against it at all, particularly head on and without Seron's immediate help. In the end, Firanos is routed, so the Ekro will indeed win, but Brevsin and Seron will most likely survive to tell about their ordeal.

Tolvo soloing against the Ekro. As a near-pacifistic scholar. This battle was... certainly INTERESTING. As it stands, I praise Oko for his valiant attempt at fighting the Ekro, even if most of it was just intelligence gathering. If it was all on RP alone, I'd give the battle to him for unlikely heroism. However, we must be realistic. Nabo and Peluya are doing nothing for their troops and likely will get swallowed by the mist. Aeregos has lost a territory this day, as well as a brave and interesting PC. I demand you make Tolvo revive that scaley bastard!

My first official BF :D Man, this was a proud day for me. Tolvo did another interesting job fighting this one, going against his normal style and approaching as a head-on-rushing brute. Richard performed admirably in this battle, making use of his natural leadership abilities to keep himself even logically able to fight against the odds. Overall, his actions led to Scaravus losing leadership and falling to pieces while Kilvas's superior tactics routed the lot of them. Leongarde has won a decisive victory here, though I'm hesitant to give Richard the kill on Koron. For all his gusto, I don't feel like Tolvo's heart was in the straight on rushing tactic as portrayed in his writing style. Perhaps severe wounding, but I really want a second opinion on this.

Another VERY interesting battle. Cfavano and DoughGuy up against the Ekro. Without a doubt, the Archeons are valiantly fighting a losing battle, but I think this could have easily been avoided with a bit of better planning and thought from CF. He's playing a rather powerful character, but tends to spend most of his time trying to give orders when it should be obvious that no one's going to listen to him, not only because he's a traitor, but he's a nobody in their army. Dough, however, was doing very well trying to pick up the slack. Hastur's efforts proved to work very well in tandem with Orion's power, though even they would get overrun by continual attacks from the Ekro. In the end, I feel as if either the entire army will stay until they die or Orion will split off to retreat, leaving Goldfelt to his eventual death.

Tolvo
01-30-2013, 02:01 AM
I agree with your judgings of my battles, actually that's how I expected them to go from the get go really haha. I think I even mentioned to you how I was pretty sure Koron was going to live, since if he pretty much turned around and ran Richard had no possible way of chasing him.

Jacogos
01-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Yeah, E1 said that Koron was to be injured, though, so you got it ^.^ I do think putting Richard into a more leadership role rather than a fighting role (similar to how the Gray Mane works) would be more beneficial to you. Of course, that apparently means getting dirty first, though.

Tolvo
01-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Well he was a character designed for leadership, but the issue is in realms there is no real tactical choices from the player side, at least at the early ranking levels. Perhaps if Richard ranks up a few more times I can focus less on the warrior and more on being a leader. I'll just have to focus on Scaravius for the time being. Since they are really poorly designed against armored fighters. I'll just be ignoring Firanos and Disgeran as him, even if they go for the capital I literally have no way of fighting them with Richard surviving. I just hope my knight doesn't mind all the sand and women with poisonous knives.