PDA

View Full Version : [M]Tink'rton

Lelei
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
-Introduction to Setting.-

[Rated: M for mature. Subjects could include, violence, sexual implications (look to forum rules; no explicit details., and language.]

Tink.
Tink.
Tink...

Oh, what an ode of tapping, the translucent water made. Dripping with a slow scheduled precision from a cold metal base. The steam had long been powered off for the night, but the perspired water was gathered. Collected with oxygen to fall in a steady, such a very steady rhythm, onto the hardwood floor.

Tiny pieces of dissected pocket watches littered the thick ingrain carpet, along with ink blots and a few sets of broken or tarnished goggles. On one very messy writing table, scattered with papers and strange drawings was a bee. It was made up of entirely metal parts. The little insect was vibrating in a slow manner, as if resting. Traveling up the velvet papered walls were scorch marks, tattering the room from elegant to..sloppy. A sloppy room, huge in expanse.

Hanging on the walls were oddly formed clocks. Their insides showing, little parts on how they worked, splayed open for the wanton eye. Leather decorated the exterior. Leather mixed with the beautiful undertone of Victorian brass. Furthest from the seven dead bolted heavy oak door was a blank image. From the foggy windows morning light peered in, stabbing the shadows until from the narrow rays of light..could the image be seen.

A monstrous machine. Brass and wire. The gears were stopped, the machine quiet, the light bulbs were dim. But just by its immense style, the very hollow of its existence could be mirrored to all. As if an echo of its daily deeds still persisted, comes the slow tinkering of gadgets. The grinding of mechanical structure forged the machine. Steam powered it. Steam allowed for the light bulbs to buzz with life. For power to be harnessed, captured, and melded into any invention. A steam which defined the entire personality of London, 1823.

-Plot.-
This will be further revealed by game-play, but until that happens our characters will be in a world of their creation. Steam, machinery, and even modern sciences are melded together with Victorian culture, nobility, fashion, and military. An element of fantasy is also at play. In the form of creatures never hear of before, humans with certain eye opening capabilities, and even the dead becoming not so dead. Choose your agenda's carefully, for in some way, in the not so distant future, they will be tested. [Don't be afraid to ask for details.]

-Characters.-

Name: [This is an eclectic role-play with various elements. Be as creative or as modern as you like.]

Age: [Again. Be creative. Ages range from well..anything realistic.]

Sex: [Idon'thavetoexplainthis.]

Description: [You can have a picture, but please include a brief summary then.]

Height: [I can't see you. You are like 3'5. GROW. No, seriously. Be inventive. A woman dose not have to be 5'0 allll the time.]

Weight: [OH do these goggles make me look fat?!]

Skills: [What can YOU do with the world around you?]

Profession: [What brings in the income?]

Title: [What are you? Noble? Military? Common do-gooder? Super bad guy on the rise?]

History: [How did you end up the way you are?]

Misc: [Anything you feel you should add.]

Aubriena
05-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Aubriena Marie Decuir.
Twenty two years.
5'7, 110 lbs.

Her hair was long and it was blond, it was straight and laid beautifully along her pale complexion; though her skin seemed to glow in the sun light and she stood out just as much as any other darker complexion woman would of. Her eyes probably helped with that, seeing as they were a rare mixture of light blues and grays; almost lucid but pure.

Her body was thin, her thighs were small and her stomach was tight; her ribs showed somewhat from the side but she was still considered above the scary-skinny line. Her reputation was everything to her in whatever what was left of a town that she lived in.

She wore tight clothing, draped clothing, ripped clothing. Anything that would allow her creative side to shine seeing as she made everything she wore with fabrics that she found laying around empty houses or factory's which were scattered about.

http://i42.tinypic.com/fmop5c.jpg
imagine outfits like this. steampunk victorian galore. <3

Her skills goes as far as her intelligence. Knowing how to manipulate and twist certain things to end up a certain way for her own benefit; though, it's not apparent to the untrained eye - this girl knows how to fight with any weapon including home made ones.

Her history isn't determined; she woke up in this town at a younger age, unaware of who she was and what or who she knew. The last couple of years, she made herself known with her sense of fashion and learned to make money off of men and simply creating.

The story will elaborate further in.

Lelei
05-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Jettie [Jet] Quinn

Twenity-Six

A girl, duhh.

Dirty blond hair, usually dark with some sort of mechanical grease. Not very skinny, but curvy and porportioned. Light green eyes tanned, tatttoed and with a “I will kick your ass” attitude.

5'7

137 lbs.

Jettie has a passion and skill for inventing things, which she does on her spare time. These inventions have led her on plenty adventures, and now some are more dangerous than others. Which is why she is conditning her skills with the art of shooting someone in the face, a skill with blades, and how to throw a punch that would knock even burly Francis on his face.

Profession? Mechanic.

Jettie's family is of the nobles, but she refuses to really associate with them much.

Her history will be told throughout gameplay.

Livlaffluv
05-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Name: Cher G. Destian

Sex: Female

Description: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii242/L_Lover_2008/Anime%20Girls/Cute_girl_in_corset___CG_d_by_KariN.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't find anything not anime)

Thin and small, and never really noticed. Her eyes are hazel and change to match her mood. Usually her hair is down and brown, her natural color, but sometimes its put into pig-tails and has a small streak in her hair. She likes to wear plain clothes that still look good on her curved body, this is rare so she only has four outfits.

Some people think she's scary skinny but she has never starved herself, so she thinks she's a good size.

Height: 4'9"

Weight: 108 lbs

Skills: She has a strange skill... She can build weapons and use them easily. That wasn't the strange part... Somehow she gained a power and can build these weapons with her hands, and hands alone. She's also very smart and can answer questions quickly. She also can investigate cases easily.

Profession: She's a young teacher and teaches pre-schoolers.

Title: Noble

History: Cher has amnesia and every day she forgets things easily, she is smart but can forget names, ages, and where she is at moments. This isn't a bad case for she can usually remember quickly by herself. Most people don't even notice it.

Her mother and father were killed in a car accident and she had caught her case of amnesia in that very crash. A year later she had a baby boy, who died of cancer... The year after she had another baby boy... He died of some strange case. After that she had a baby girl who hasn't died... Yet.

More revealed later.

Misc: Nothing I didn't state above!

Lelei
05-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Awesome. Accepted. Don't forget that if you want to describe a "car", make sure it is steam powered an looks very classic 1900's. Steampunk, babyyy. xD

Have fun! The IC is up.

Livlaffluv
05-09-2010, 04:59 PM
XD Thanks!

I'll check out the IC!

Ohbad-Hai
05-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Very much interested. Would a goblin, dwarf or gnome be ok, or is it more strictly human?

Lelei
05-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Well I want an element of fantasy in here..like monstrous creatures. A dwarf would be more accepted than a goblin I think. Seeing as how there are no elves, mermaids, or wizards in here.

Dwarves technically would just be considered short..people to the other humans.

Ohbad-Hai
05-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Alright, just asking cause it kinda alluded to that possibility. I'll post a character sheet soon

GraftRaven
05-12-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm thinking I might join this... but I have a few questions:

1: do I need a lot of experience in steampunk-ish stuff?
2: would a Neko/inventor character be okay?
3: just how big are steam machines allowed to get?
4: do you think anymore guys will show up? I feel a bit outnumbered ._.

Livlaffluv
05-12-2010, 09:07 PM
To answer your 4th question I just want to say, Ohbad-Hai is a guy! XD

Lelei will be able to answer those questions a lot better then I would, after all... It's her RP! :P

GraftRaven
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
whoops... i was just looking at profiles x_x

Lelei
05-13-2010, 03:17 AM
I am hoping more guys will show. I can always make a male character.

You just need a little knowledge. A lot of what steam-punk inventions are..are just modern things but run by "steam" technology.

Neko is..okay. I want an element of fantasy without getting into "magicy" things.

As big as you possibly can design.

Ohbad-Hai
05-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Ok I'm almost done my sheet but I am having some issues understanding
"Skills: [What can YOU do with the world around you?]"
Reading your character sheets it seems almost like a magical ability, I'm just wonder what the limitations are, cause I have and Idea for a few and want to know where to proceed

GraftRaven
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Alright then, I'll drop the neko, I can do enough with a human character.

CS likely up in w few hours... school and all that.

Lelei
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Let's see. For your question Ohbad:

You can have an element of magic within the roleplay. But if you can just tie it into the steampunk theme, and keep in mind that the time period is a generic 1823.

That is I'd like to keep it modern and not roll into a fantasy other dimension type roleplay with elves, and mythological creatures or even wizards and witches.

So you can have "powers" that have to somehow influences your characters own self and environment.

John
05-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I am hoping more guys will show.

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) to attract players?

Ohbad-Hai
05-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Name: Solbodan “Yard Ape” Fizzcrank

Sex: Male

Description:
He has fiery red hair that falls just above his neck and a beard that goes down to his chest, Soldoban looks as if his form was chiseled from stone, He has deep green eyes and numerous tattoos. His left arm is mechanical, and Is always wearing his thick an wide tool belt and his massive wrench over his back like a war axe. As well as his lucky pair of goggles. Solbodan is a surly little bugger and is brutally honest, but there is a big heart of gold under his hardened exterior.

Height: 3'11

Weight: 142lbs

Skills:
Solbodan has an interesting array of abilities.
He is able to tell the structural integrity and strength of metal, my running his hand over the surface,
He can also manipulate (Work, bend, shape, etc) small amounts (up to 10lbs) of metal with his hand and focused thought, causing it to be able to form pieces that a normal smith couldn't.

Profession: Machinist, Tinkerer and Steam Tank maker

Title: Foreman, or by his close friends “Yard Ape”

History:
Solbodan's parents sold him to a travelling freak show when he was but a child, due to his abnormal height. He was raised by gypsies and the carnies, to hold an upbeat care free attitude. He performed side show acts all such as sword swallowing and juggling fire. At the age of fourteen the circus went through the great city of London. Solbodan fell in love with the great steam machines and airships of the city, He had run away from the circus, the first chance he got. Solbodan did odd jobs to get money running letters, fetching water, and deliveries. Finally his chance came, he got a job working with a crotchety old man who ran a Steam tank forge and smithy. He fell in love with the work, creating great engines that turned water into steam which in turn created power and thrust. He grew fonder over the next four years, learning about methods to create chariots that moved under the power of steam, and little clockwork mechanisms that moved and performed minor tasks. One day while Solbodan was working on a active boiler, it ruptured sending a large piece of bronze shrapnel at him, which sheered off his left arm. But the loss of his arm was the door opening into the world of machines for Solbodan. He met a young man named Jack Forrin, who had radical and creative ideas, that blew His mind. Solbodan and Jack worked on creating a prosthetic arm for him, with the technology at their disposal. After two years of work, the managed to create the first functional prototype, since then Solbodan has been tinkering with it and creating addons. Solbodan and Jack opened up a business together shortly afterwards, creating such marvels for the commoners at a price of course. One year after the business was opened the Foreman at the Steam tank and smithy forge died, leaving his business to Solbodan his most accomplished apprentice. The next four years Jack and Solbodan spent great efforts on developing smaller and more efficient steam engines and various clock work appendages and outstanding art work. Due to his size and mentality Solbodan started earning a highly praised reputation, he was able to weave into machinery and fix anything. Last year Jack and Solbodan got the attention of the Queen herself., requesting the construction and development of a steam and clockwork powered man.

Misc:
Solbodan loves to drink, no day is complete for him until he has had his beers. That being said he is a bit of party animal, He loves to dance, sing and fight when he is under the influence and enjoys the attention it gets, either good or bad. As well as he loves to tell stories at the pubs, he usually gets a good following during the early evening before he has had too much to drink.

Solbodan also believes in a place he saw that came to him in a dream, called the Clockwork Nirvana or Mechanus, he regales tales of it at the bar for all who will listen. He says mild prayers to it some times, which causes some of his workers to think he has a bur in the cogs.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4487163435_79bbcfd8c2.jpg cause I don't know how to add a picture >.<
Solbodan's left arm is and interesting feat of ingenuity. It is powered by a dual pendulum which is kept rotating by his breathing and heart beat. Which crank the pistons in his bicep and cogs in his shoulder. Thus creating a contained power source in effect. The elbow is a bracket, which is moved with two small hydrolic pumps. His fore arm is a minor storage unit with a spring loaded hidden blade which has a trigger in the palm of the hand. The index finger is a small oxy-acetylene torch, with the small tanks stored in the fore arm as well, it is turned on when the finger tip is flipped back. The arm is fitted into a bracket and bearing system which has been surgically grafted into his shoulder. By a Doctor named Benjamin Fitts, he managed to fuse the nerves with a specialized alloy wire, which conducts the chemical energy from the synaptic firings and runs it into the arm giving Solbodan the ability to control his arm as he would normally. He has almost the same movement and responses as his arm had before save the senses of touch.

Livlaffluv
05-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Oops! Ob's character reminded of my characters height... She isn't 5'8" because I described her as "small" she is 4'9" and pretty much no one notices her :P