PDA

View Full Version : [M]Dear Diary... (Mature Mystery Horror)

Black
01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Rated M for graphic scenes of violence.

You have stumbled across a book, a diary, bound with a strange patchy and sewn together leather. A letter falls out and you pick it up. You being to read it.

"Dearest Reader,

I must begin this letter with an apology. You are now in the gravest danger because you had the misfortune to touch something that is mine. You're now destined to die a most terrible death unless you can figure out what _____ wants from you. I can't tell you his name, He'll just erase it's mentioning from existence.

Who is He?

I don't know how to explain it exactly. I cannot even say that He is actually a He. He could be a She or could have no gender at all. I have a very limited understanding of Him. Very limited indeed. And I am to be considered the most knowledgeable person alive, as i'm writing this that is, to know about Him.

I chose to refer to It as a Him because I like to believe that only a Male could be so cruel. I like to pretend that Lady Death will rescue me from Him. Since you are reading this it is safe to assume that I am dead now. I am no longer being tortured by Him. 342 years I have played his game, and now I am free...

But I must help you to defeat Him. If there is a way to defeat Him then you must make it your life's purpose to seek it out! He cannot be aloud to harm anyone else! No one except the most vile of humans could ever deserve his gaze upon them, and I'm sure that he is the one who pushes them to the vile deeds they do. He is related to all the Hate in our world. Find a way to understand Him, and then you can find a way to defeat Him.

And we can all be free of Hate.

We have many names for him but none of them fit properly. This is the most important thing to contemplate on. In understanding his name you will be able to understand his nature! I don't know what He is but He seems incapable of lying. He told me the truth when I asked it and if He didn't want to answer He didn't.

With this letter I have left my book of research. I could only select so much to put in it and I hope I selected the most useful of my notes.

I have to cut this letter short, my life is drawing to an end, but before all else I have to tell you this, because you'll need to know it. You'll need these words as a life line in the centuries of battle to come to you.

I love yo-

(The diary stops there with the u barely visible. With a startled jump you realize the entire diary is written in a crusty red ink. Blood.)

This story takes place in 1933 during the Great Depression and the Isolationist Period of American History. If all goes well it will consist of numerous chapters, eventually reaching modern day history. It is safe to assume that no character will ever be safe from Him. Additionally you could be, and probably will be, killed at any moment during the story by any depraved psycho He influences. Or He himself may simply kill you in a fit of misguided rage and hatred.

The point of the RP is to solve the riddles I lay out for you and obtain His name and therefore His nature. I will try my best to help you but I will not solve this for you, and be wary. I have put a lot of thought into the riddles. They wont be simple word games or axioms for you to put into Google to solve for you. It will consist of mathematical and theological theories and standpoints that evolve and change as your character does. You will receive a copy of Dr. Jason's notes that will be able to help you out. However there is a twist. The book has been tainted by Him. Any who touch the book will be Hunted. And you only have a small portion of the book.

You are not against each other, nor are you in any race to win. You're only trying to survive. You can share Dr. Jason's notes freely, I only ask that you do so only in IC posts.

You are perfectly allowed to play a psychotic killer touched by Him. or not. You're perfectly allowed to murder any NPC or Player Controlled Character, PCC, you want to. But He, meaning I, will decide if a murder is successful or not, and if it is how successful you were at remaining undetected and un-arrested/killed yourself. These will depend on the posters ability to Articulate, Punctuate, and other junk that makes it look good, sound good, and read easy.

Additionally I expect everyone to keep to the timeline. No meta-gaming is to be done by anyone. You may not know of WWII or Pearl Harbor or any of that until it begins. You may not know who's gonna be a serial killer and who won't. Obvious rules, but they needed stating.

I retain the right to change the timeline/course of history/kill you horribly/add rules, effects, changes, and updates as I please.

Looking for a Co-GM to help out.

It is a Murder Mystery Horror. Throw yourselves into the emotion. That is the key word for the entirety of the RP. Emotion. I need to feel your character, feel the raw terror that a real person would be feeling. I want to look at a post and be in tears, or in a rage over it. Pour your heart and soul, use emotional turmoil in your real life if you have to, I won't judge and He will murder anyone who does. I don't care.

Just give me your best and Ill give you a damn fun ride.

Name:
Height:
Hair Color:
Skin Color:
Clothing:
Body Condition:
Eye Color:
Weight:
Profession:
Disposition:
Biography:

- - - Updated - - -

Name: Dr. Jason V. Lincoln
Cause of Death: Unknown.
Description;
Height: 5"8
Hair Color: White
Skin Color: Pale
Clothing: Science Stuff.
Body Condition: Out of Shape, fat.
Eye Color: Green
Weight: 223
Profession: Medical Research, Theology, College Professor, Philosophizer and Philanthropist
Disposition: Kind, eccentric, jumpy.
Biography: Unavailable at this time.

June 31 1933 - RP beings

Stuff Goes Here eventually.

Epostle - Remington "Remy" Walters (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&p=1277932&viewfull=1#post12 77932)

Tyler - Jack V. Goshen (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=2&p=1278594&viewfull=1#post1278594)

Pink Bandit - Viorica Catalina Petrova (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=2&p=1278659&viewfull=1#post1278659)

Elryndra - Sophia Eve Hall (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=2&p=1278854&viewfull=1#post1278854)

VID - Guy Roode (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=2&p=1279453&viewfull=1#post1279453)

bluemoon - Dolores Doe Green (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=3&p=1279659&viewfull=1#post1279659)

Extraordinaire - Florence Flow Ellis (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=4&p=1281416&viewfull=1#post1281416)

NightMare - Sein Martyr (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39423&page=3&p=1280575&viewfull=1#post1280575)

G
01-25-2013, 02:47 AM
This looks like an awesome game! Why don't you post it here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to have staff advertise it in their signatures, or add it to the RPG directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) to help attract players!

Oh, and you should totally submit it for Roleplay of the Week! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)

Echo
01-25-2013, 03:17 AM
This rp is genius :3

Well, I love RPs like this.
Expect a cs from me in a day or so.

Black
01-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Cannot wait =)

Porcelain Doll
01-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Oh yes I agree with Pink! I will get a CS up soon :D

Black
01-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Oh goodies! I though I might've had a dud and I was thinking this would be a masterpiece. =()

Just a fair warning, I might be heavy handed in guiding you for a while so I can get this going in the proper direction. Not exactly changing your posts, but giving you nudges in directions you might be missing. But eventually ill leave you high and dry to stumble through on your own =)

Echo
01-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I've convinced one of my friends to join this RP as well :)
This RP is a definite masterpiece; well, I love the idea anyway xDDDD

PS: I'm up for that co-GM position if you're still looking for one :)

Elryndra
01-25-2013, 09:40 PM
I keep coming back to this because it is such an intriguing idea! I'm still pretty new to the site, and the one I came from wasn't in to very in-depth posting, so I'm still trying to work out of that. But if you don't mind, I do believe I would like to join.

NightMare
01-25-2013, 10:04 PM
I guess I'm the friend that Pink was talking about... I'll get my CS up some time soon, probably before the next Fri.

Epostle
01-26-2013, 02:22 AM
FUCK YES I'M JOINING DAMNIT!!!

Lamb
01-26-2013, 02:58 AM
Bravo! I'll have to consider joining--a lot of truly original dark RPs don't often seem to pop up.

Epostle
01-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Name: Remington *Remy* Walters

Height: 5ft 11in

Hair Color: Blonde

Skin Color: Minor Pale White

Clothing: A black suite that seems like he would be attending a formal banquette as well as high dollar black suede shoes.

Body Condition: Toned, fit, athletic.

Eye Color: Brown

Weight: 185lbs

Profession: Mafia Consigliere

Disposition: Bad guy, antagonist, intelligence gatherer, and potential killer.

Biography: What can you say? He’s a bad man. Working as a consigliere has its ups and downs, but if shit needs to be done, then who else but Remy can get it done. Trained in military based combat as well as reforming his skills by taking contracts and favors for the boss, he is a dangerous man to mess with. What makes him more dangerous is his addiction to cocaine and alcohol. He puts that stuff down like it’s no bodies business, but this makes him a bit crazy at times to the point of hostility.

It wasn’t always like this though. Before Remy decided to join Al Capone’s mafia, he was a relatively good guy, but just like anyone else, the depression hit. When this happened, Remy only worked for pennies an hour just so he could get a little bit of bread in his stomach. After a while later, he was confronted by a man who decided to tip Remy for $100 just to come by and see him. Once Remy did, his life changed from that of innocence, to that of crime, drinking, drugs, and blood.

Never thinking twice about what he’s done, Remy has drawn out a long bloody past since his joining of Al Capone. Remy is not only his eyes, but he’s also his commander and hit man in such occasions. Armed with mountains of money, hidden dealers, and men to back him up, it’s wise to not get on his bad side too much. Though the only problem is, is if he can get a hold of his men. Phones at this day and time suck dick and that’s just to be nice.

Merry
01-26-2013, 04:00 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/withfilter2-1.jpg

Black
01-26-2013, 05:59 AM
Character Accepted and added to the Roster. Glad to have so much interest =D

Cannot wait for all of your CS's.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon as we get about 3-4 character sheets up I will throw up the IC.

VID
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM
I......am so joining this. #LoveRiddles. I'll have a cs as soon as I get some gosh darn sleep.

Black
01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Suppose I should toss this up.

Name: Jack V. Goshen

Height: 6ft 0in

Hair Color: Brown

Skin Color: Tanned Black

Clothing: A pair of beat-up old shoes without socks, A white cotton shirt, and overalls cut off at the knees.

Body Condition: Muscular, Well defined, Strong.

Eye Color: Green

Weight: 212lbs

Profession: Farm Hand, Scholar, Professional Thief,

Disposition: Generally polite, well spoken for a Black man, and calm under pressure.

Biography: Born into a live of 'freedom' all Jack Vincent Goshen has ever known was a life of slavery. The United States was still in a rut, and the Depression didn't help things out at all. Now the progression of black freedom had stopped, and begun to slowly roll backwards. It would be quite a while until Martin Luther King Jr. Began his quest to stop segregation, and until then Black men and women would be slaves to the white man's whims.

But not Jack V. Goshen. He had a life beyond his slavery. He was a Scholar, being taught numbers and letters at an early age by a farmers wife. After that he learned advanced mathematics and English techniques from a College professors wife that he happened to be... 'seeing'... and having never been caught still continued to visit on occasion.

He lived his life apart from the rest of society by becoming what they said he could not. And he supported his learning habits by being exactly what they wanted him to be. A farm hand and a thief. Who knew that he would become such a talented thief as to never get caught.

'The white man always has more knowledge to give us in his infinite wisdom' they always said to him and so he says to others 'The white man also has more trinkets than he can use, in his infinite wisdom, and so I seek to rectify that problem by making all white men broke!' Despite his jokes he has no ill will towards lesser men. He lives his life and stays out of the way of most people.

Echo
01-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Finally done...

Name
Viorica Catalina Petrova
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/273/f/7/wolf_by_elda_qd-d5gbcxc.jpgHair Color
A silvery-white, that looks slightly blue in the light. It's usually down and slightly curled.
Skin Color
A milky, pale white that blushes easily.
Eye Color
A deep blue with mesmerizing qualities.
Clothing
The Russian often wears short, belted dresses, and a long, black or beige coat lined with fur. Any pair of shoes she wears are at least four inches high, its a wonder how she manages to run and fight with them on all the time. On the uncommon occasions when she's hired by a mafia to do something, she'll switch to an elegant evening gown.
Height
5’10”
Weight
125-ish lbs
Body Condition
Viorica’s body is lean and slender and curvy at the right places, but it’s a lot stronger than it looks. She normally keeps fit. There are old scars covering a lot of her skin.

Profession
Psychopathic assassin/hit-man/pickpocket
Disposition
Viorica’s personality is rather unstable. One moment she can be hysterically laughing for no reason whatsoever, the other she’ll be as calm and cold as a block of ice. Being a textbook psycho/sociopath, she cannot feel compassion, remorse, guilt or love, but that doesn’t mean she can’t put emotions on her face. Psychopaths are masters of deception and manipulation, able to gain the trust of anyone by a simple conversation. They are charismatic as well as cruel and calculating. Viorica normally does thing based on whim; if she’s bored or not or feels like doing something.
Biography
Viorica never knew her parents, and spent most of her childhood jumping from different Russian orphanages. She assumed that her parents were criminals that gave her up or died, since every orphanage she had been to was completely secretive, part of Russia’s underworld. The buildings were made of stone, concrete, no wallpaper or flooring, and the doors were made of metal with one small, square window in the upper center of it. Anyone in these orphanages felt like a captive. What made it worse was that the staff had this great ambition to create an army of perfect, heartless, killing soldiers. The kids were trained from the moment they started to walk and talk, with firearms, bladed weapons, explosives, and a fighting style or two of their choice. The kids were put under strict schedules; 17 hours of training and schooling in the day, and seven hours of sleep. If anything didn’t go as planned, they punishment was torture – isolation, starvation, water-boarding, burning, scarring, you name it. Anyone who made it out of the hell house alive became really messed up, with either physical disfigurations or mental disorders, or both.

Viorica was sixteen when the orphanage let her go. By then, she was incredibly skilled at Muay Thai and Baguazhang, and could fire almost any firearm. The price for the abilities was scars that covered her body and the loss of emotion. To make money on the streets, she simply stole wallets and credit cards, and now owns a hefty sum of money in cash. Despite having killed so many people, she changed her modus operandi often enough to throw the police off track. There was also no written record of Viorica ever existing; no birth certificate, no death certificate, no passport, no driver’s license, etc. People in the underworld soon learned about this, and wanted her to do their deeds. She now lives from inns to hotels, off the money she gets from mafias and victims.
Other
She knows Bonnie and Clyde (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_and_Clyde). :3

Black
01-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Accepted. Additionally Pink will be my Co-GM. Pew pew. With how many people there are I might need a second. If you'd like to be a potential Second co-Gm pm me.

Additionally if you wish to be a serial Killer or some such, don't say so on the open profile page that EVERYONE can read. >.> Pm me and ill consider it. Some people who want to be psychopathic killers just may not end up being wanted by Him and may end up receiving a journal instead. C'est La vie.

Anyone who becomes useless because they've given away their identities/alignments becomes uselss to Him and they might end up being hunted by the goodies and the baddies.

Elryndra
01-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Name: Sophia Eve Hall
http://static.becomegorgeous.com/gallery/pictures/loreal_long_hair-2.jpg
Height: 5’ 7”
Hair Color: Golden blonde
Skin Color: Pale
Clothing: Anything she can find; Long overcoats with belts to help them fit her if they are too big, worn shoes, drab, threadbare skirts and blouses, hats. Has one silk dress she keeps in a small suitcase for the times when she might happen to be hired.
Body Condition: Slender, to the point of beginning to look unhealthy from lack of proper nutrition. She attempts to hide this by compensating with large coats.
Eye Color: Slate blue
Weight: 110
Profession: Singer/dancer when she can get it. Otherwise a pickpocket.
Disposition: Unassuming and quiet she attempts to blend in on the streets, so that nothing remarkable about her will be noticed or recalled. During jobs, however, she comes out of her shell in a controlled manner, becoming social and even friendly in her attempt to book more jobs.
Desperation and wariness often war within her, putting her on edge and affecting the way she reacts to certain situations. She trusts and relies on no one, believing that no one offers anything without asking something in return.

Biography: Life before the Depression affected everything seems now little more than a vague recollection to Sophia. Memories of reading by the fireside late into the night have worn away, replaced by the bite of sharp winter winds cutting through clothing, stealing any warmth weak fires might have offered.
Sophia watched her family fall apart in the aftermath, each successive tragedy cutting deeper into her until she was nothing more than a shell, seemingly lifeless and lacking the spark of adventure she used to possess. When her mother, driven mad by the horrors of family secrets that came to light, set the house on fire in an effort to keep the authorities from driving them out of it, Sophia disappeared, unable to cope with the family she had left.

Since then she has lived on the streets, doing what she must to stay alive. She has had to trade the lessons she knew for the lessons crucial to keep a footing, politeness was scuffed away to reveal a harsher side that needed to be developed if she were to survive the aching weariness and hopelessness that permeated those around her. She learned to adapt to situations when the need arose, hard and angry to survive the gangs on the streets, or bright and friendly when she managed to catch the attention of those in the upper ring of society.
Survival has overcome anything else, and if she were to stop and really think about it, Sophia would not even know who she is any more.

VID
01-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Name - Guy Roode

Age - 25

Gender - Male

Appearance -

Spoiler: http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/corporate/images/width/live/p0/0z/pb/p00zpbnb.jpg/608

Height - 6,0

Weight - 176 pounds

Hair Color - Dirty Blonde

Eye Color - Hazel.

Skin Color - A tiny bit tanned, but besides that he is regular skin color

Clothing - A simplistic taste of clothing usually a regular t-shirt & basic slacks would work. He also wears a Grey Fedora hat.

Body Condition - Fit enough for a person his age. Not muscular or stringy, but right in the middle.

Proffesion - Radio personality, Gambler.

Disposition - Guy is a smooth talkin' sonuva gun. He usually can keep his composure in high tension situation, and as a professional gambler has gotten himself out of debt many times. He also has a witty & dark sense of humor as well as having a big mouth. Which helps with his job as a radio personality.

Biography - When Guy was just a little kid in brooklyn with all of his friends he was the man who always took the blame for their shenanigans. Often talking himself out of these situation though he had no problem with being the man who so say "did it". Guy started gambling as most kids followed him at the age of 13, and when comes gambling comes drugs. Guy also started smoking at the age of 13 & as again said before friends followed. Skip forward a little bit. Guys now a full on drug dealer as well as a drug user. Luckily though a Radio Personality by the name of Fred Allen found him & saw talent in Guy. Now Guy is a radio personality working with Fred Allen.

Echo
01-27-2013, 01:32 AM
More CS's! :D

NightMare
01-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Gah, still working on it. It's taking longer than I thought. I'll try to put it up later today, that is, if I dont go on and on for my char's back story

Black
01-27-2013, 02:49 AM
Character roster updated. Check there for approved characters.

bluemoon
01-27-2013, 03:02 AM
Name: Dolores (Doe) Green

Height: 5’4”

Hair Color: Light brown with a slight wave, typically worn in a low bun.

Skin Color: Ivory/Fair

Clothing: Typical attire is a white blouse tucked into a flower-print skirt. White tennis shoes are worn for comfort. Her clothing is always neat and tidy, her face freshly washed and accented with the slightest hint of pink lipstick.

Body Condition: Average weight with slight curves.

Eye Color: Hazel

Weight: 130 lbs.

Profession: Book retailer. Specializes in rare and collectable books.

Disposition: Doe is soft-spoken, but not shy by any means. She is very particular, both in her appearance and her life-style. She is very intelligent and can be a bit of a snob when it comes to books.

Biography: Dolores was a typical woman of her times. She was an obedient wife and a homemaker. Reading was her escape from reality and she did it often, commonly seen with a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other. Co-owning a book store only made her passion easier. It wasn’t until her husband’s death that she realized her true potential.

Doe inherited the little store, The Reading Nook, when her husband of ten years died unexpectedly. The couple had never had any children, and neither had siblings, so there was little for her to do than run the business. She had a uncanny ability to obtain any book a customer wanted, as long as time was not a constraint. She employed one worker on a part-time basis--a young man that kept the shelves stocked and dusted. This was all that remained of her former life, and she obsessed over every detail. She was happy…until the diary came into her possession…

Black
01-27-2013, 04:58 AM
Added to Roster. Expect a PM from me sometime soon.

Black
01-27-2013, 05:02 AM
Additionally expect the IC to go up in a day or two. Tomorrow I have 8 hours of work for Sears then I go test for my orange belt in Karate and see what I need for my Green in Judo.

So i might be a bit late in posting the IC. Hectic day tomorrow.

Epostle
01-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Can't wait til this starts :)

Echo
01-27-2013, 04:07 PM
That's 2 of us then :D

NightMare
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!! can't wait for the IC!!!
I flippin’ did more research for this than my Grade 9 ISU, which, I assure you all, is very thoroughly done!

Name:
Sein Martyr

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/103/2/d/ma___white_once_more_by_darkhalo4321-d3dvmrm.jpg
Height:
5”2’
Hair Color:
White, without a touch of any other color
Skin Color:
Fairly pale
Clothing:
He always wears a long, high-collared trench coat the same color as his hair, black pants that pass the top of his feet, and a silver belt that brings out his slender waist. He also wears a dark colored shirt underneath his coat—long-sleeved when it’s cooler, short-sleeved when it’s hotter.
Body Condition:
He is fairly small for his age, which his experience made up for. He isn’t muscular, and his figure is somewhat more similar to a less developed-female’s than a guy his age.
Eye Color:
Teal/Dark Turquois , with threads of Red
Weight:
100 lb.

Profession:
Ex-“boarding school model student”, ex-“school council member”, school-drop out
Disposition:
There is no better way to describe him than his name, Sein, meaning “innocent”, and martyr, meaning “a witness” or “a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs”. He had seen, and learned too much to be so young, yet, to a certain extent, he remained pure.

He is more mature and knowledgeable than most people his age, yet he act as if he’s not to remain close to them. No matter what happens, he remains level-headed, and uses his better judgements rather than acting rash.

He has multiple-personality disorder. He can’t remember anything from being the twisted self, yet it seems that the twisted him knows every single detail about him, and knows exactly when to come out to save him.

While he is the innocent little boy, he is kind and caring, and would bring a smile to everyone’s faces. He strongly believed in love and friendship, just as much as parental love. He would never suspect anyone or any alternate motives, and would try to find a good reason for the harsh actions of others.

The twisted-self is made hard and thick, so that it is impossible to break. It takes on an exact opposite of what he is like: cold, sarcastic, harsh, and aristocratic. He is an extreme sadist, and can be dangerous when combined with sharp tools.
Biography:
His family had a long history, especially before they moved to the States seven generations ago. They were of a noble bloodline, and had kept it “pure” by inbreeding, a tradition still kept today. It had caused many, including Sein, an abnormal yet stunning appearance.

Being born in a family of high status, he was sent to one of the best junior boarding schools. Exceeding the expectations from his family, he earned the highest marks in the whole school and the title of “model student” from the first year. He was one of the biggest targets for the bullies, but he can endure it all, letting it pass with a smile, as long as he had his friends. All was well until the year before graduation, not long after his 13th birthday… The bullies thought it would be their last year to have fun, so they should enjoy it while they can… Sein’s friends got targeted and slowly began to leave him… Sein can’t bear with it anymore, and broke into pieces… the twisted Sein began to take over… He kills one of the bullies and brutally wounded two others… Although the school had turned a blind eye to bullying, they can’t ignore what happened. It was too cruel. They expelled Sein and a few other students, and never mentioned this incident again.

His family was furious when they found out what happened. They house arrested him, locked him in his room, forbidding him to meet anyone, in fear of his violent disorder acting up again. Until one day, his younger cousin found his room empty. Little was known about his disappearance.

Awyas
01-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Is this still accepting? I'd love to join.

Oh, Nightmare, I really like your character. C:

NightMare
01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
why, thank you Awyas.

Since the GM hadn't said anything yet, and the IC is not up yet, I assume yes.

Black
01-28-2013, 01:28 AM
This RP will be accepting no matter what the status of the IC is in. Meaning I will always be accepting new recruits.

Waarnemen
01-28-2013, 01:45 AM
I might be joining.

Extraordinaire.
01-28-2013, 02:20 AM
Name: Florence "Flow" Ellis
Height: 5'4
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/dsnygrl/Characters/56013589084943814_kvLI836p_c.jpg
Hair Color: ombre blond, fading into a pale brown
Skin Color: Pale and humbly freckled
Clothing: She dresses as if to attend a tea party everyday, but then
Body Condition: She's always been moderately thin, with emphasis on her cheeks and belly, but with the depression and sudden low supply of food, even her still-childish characteristics are beginning to thin away.
Eye Color: A modest, dark green
Weight: Around 120 pounds, maybe 5 less given the circumstances.
Profession: She was a full-time nanny for a "big-named" family in the North, after losing her flower shop in the stock market crash.
Disposition: Flow is as atypical as a girl at her time, struggling for self-accomplishment in the still-classy era, could be. She's as flighty and adaptable as a bird, working quickly on her toes by flinging herself at each expectation, but with an untempered compliance to whatever is at hand. She doesn't become overwhelmed; she doesn't regret her mistakes, given the exception of a few, and she does not drop below expectation. By no means is she a well put-together girl; she does not pretend to have control over her life, but by accepting it she's able to determine her outcome, or at the very least submit to what is inevitable.
She's not known for her wits, and has never been a remarkably clever girl, but she's thrived beneath an unimaginable amount of pressure, expectation, and responsibility, that would be unmanageable for most. So, perhaps, although she's not "master mind," behind the deal, she'll be quick to spot opportunity or safety, and has enough confidence in her decisions, to act on impulse.

Her most impressive quality, however, is how pleasant she is to be around. She's able to build herself up appropriately for any situation, amongst any genre of people, and almost absorb their love; a quality that reflects far past the 'courtesy lessons,' she took as a child. While this is also reflected in her adaptability, it by no means devalues her own character; she is not a hypocrite or leech, and does not thrive by taking advantage of who she's around, to know how to "act accordingly." On the contrary, she's able to present the same affable and beneficial air, suited for virtually every instance.

Biography: Flow was raised mostly through the pro-war prosperity, during a time of women liberation. She was taught by the morals of being a "lady," in whatever context that word was to be used at that time, but to also be successful in whatever she was to make out of herself. The majority of her surroundings, however, set an example of marrying young, in which college was viewed as an, "alternative for the less fortunate." If only following example, Flow was married at nineteen, to a boy she'd been with through her last two years of high school. After ten months of failed pregnancies, however, the marriage quickly fell apart and she was no sooner chased to the North, to her cousin's.

After working a day-job, along with her uncle's investment, she bought a small corner-shop at an ideal location and opened a flower-shop for the Manhattan street. Her profit was surprisingly well given the unlikeliness of her career, but well deserved compared to the amount of stress she endured daily. When the depression came, influenced by the crashed stock market and sudden closing of banks, she was one of the, if not the first, to go out of business.

Desperate to stay in the city-life, even after her cousins sold their estate and fled West, she followed the momentary influence of the Flappers, where she "unofficially," exchanged casual sex for the price of her rent. This only happened on a number of occasions though, before a local city friend took Flow under her wing and even introduced her to her next employer, whose children she'd become a full-time nanny for well over a year, up until her current state.

Echo
01-28-2013, 02:25 AM
:oo I love your character Extra! She looks like a doll.

Extraordinaire.
01-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Thank you! I've been waiting for an excuse to use her ^^

My character is so much... frillier than the rest, though. Looks like I won't be around this role play for long. XD

Black
01-28-2013, 04:07 AM
Sometimes the most innocent of people turn out to be the best warriors against evil. Love is a powerful thing and any character who could experience it is at a serious advantage compared to the rest of these cold hearted bastards. But you never know what could happen. . .

- - - Updated - - -

accepted bee tee dubs. all of them.

Echo
01-28-2013, 04:15 AM
I swear that was a reference to Viorica who can't feel love lool xD
Not to worry, she has Muay Thai and firearms.
Let's see how far that will get her.

Black
01-28-2013, 04:18 AM
IC will be going up tomorrow. With that being said I'd like to remind you all of a few rules.

1. I reserve the right to brutally murder you in the most horrible detailed fashion known to man.

2. You may try to murder other players at anytime, within reason. Do not suddenly appear 500 miles away and try to stab a bitch. I won't allow it and all you'll do is have an 'unfortunate accident' of the most gruesome manner.

3. Murdering someone is not simply a toss of a coin. It will be decided by a few factors. I and the Co-GM's will decide the winner, though I reserve ultimate right to override a vote if I think someones being one-sided because of their in-game allegiance, which could happen because we're human.

What to look for when attempting a horrible night of fun debauchery and murder?

Grammar, Spelling, Writing Technique, Style, Organization, Details. Anything and everything.

4. You may even Try to murder ME. Jack, not 'Him', and I will try to call upon either the entire RP to decide the survivor or I will see if a Moderator can be a judge for us. Either way I will not be judging my own murders/battles, because I want to win no matter what.

5. Keep your allegiances/Diaries SECRET. Don't give shit away. It's the quickest way to die. I play both sides of the fields AGGRESSIVELY. If you give me a weakness I will either make sure His agents exploit it or the Diary Carriers exploit it. The tide of the battle with be determined solely on your performance as a detective/thief/murderer/shadowy spy skills, etc. etc.

Have fun and enjoy working through the quagmire of hints and riddles I have set for you. Keep in mind I originally intended to write this out as a book to be published and I have a couple hundred pages of notes to go off of. I think this will be more fun than writing a book, though you could possibly expect it to come out and see a few thousand mentions of yourself and your character. I dunno. We'll see how the RP goes. I put it up mainly to have fun with it but I also have a side motive of improving my book.

Alsooo I got my orange belt today =3

Elryndra
01-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Way to go on the belt Tyler!!!!

Echo
01-28-2013, 04:31 AM
I can't wait for the IC >_>
I'm all jumpy right now xD

Congrats on the belt!

Black
01-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Thanks! I had to break a board for it and my knuckles were very swollen. I was worried I wouldn't be able to T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Im afraid I got all mixed up. Everyone who has received a PM from me telling them what diary clue/side they're on please PM me so I can figure out who hasn't received anything.

PM

ME

DON'T

IT

ON

THE

OCC!

Echo
01-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Are we allowed to know how many people are on either side? :3

Epostle
01-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Hopefully not. That way no one knows what's going to happen when it happens. I just hope that my chara doesn't get his dick ripped off lol.

Echo
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
No worries; if I plan on making Viorica go on a murdering spree, the only body part getting ripped off will be the head. xD

Epostle
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Roflmao. Poor Remy is gonna have his hands full if your character gets a hold of him.

Echo
01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Russian super-soilder. What more can I say? xD

Epostle
01-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Haha, the good thing about this RP is that I got to add another character to my character bios section in the creative forums.

Black
01-29-2013, 06:11 AM
I apologize for not getting the IC up today, got swamped by Work/Karate~judo lessons/life at home in general. I have to go to bed soonish and I don't have enough time to put together the IC, but tomorrow is my friday and I don't have to be up by 5:00 am (i hope) the next day.

Awyas
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Eep! Sorry, I know I said I would join, but something came up and I can't anymore. :C I'm so sorry! This looks really cool and I hope you all have a great time. C:

Epostle
01-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Tyler- It's k dude. Life happens like that. I know all about it.

Awyas- Damn! It's cool though. I hope to see you in other RPs sometime though.

Echo
01-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Real life is always more important, so don't worry about it. :)

Extraordinaire.
01-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Counting down till the IC comes up C:

Black
01-30-2013, 12:10 AM
IT'S MY FRIDAAAY! I GET TO STAY UP LATE!!!!

Will be working on IC while I make some delicious chili-mak.

Echo
01-30-2013, 12:44 AM
*Cheers*
I'm itching to start writing my intro post...

Waarnemen
01-30-2013, 12:54 AM
It's my birthday in two days, and I have a heavy schedule!!
Please wish me luck, 'yall!

Black
01-30-2013, 02:30 AM
the IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39604&p=1284970#post1284970) is up!

Echo
01-30-2013, 02:38 AM
:ooo
Time to start writing a post!!

Black
01-30-2013, 02:45 AM
The first post or two from me will be kinda short as I maneuver us all into meeting and junk. Expect me to send PM's directing you to each other and junk.

Also, Evil people, expect... Him... to contact you. Don't say anything on the IC about him contacting you. The only way people will ever truly know if you work for Him or not is if they find out too much and I post a post about you being brutally murdered.

Also if you die DON'T FRET. Death is only the beginning. Additionally, if you do die and I decide not to do something extra with your cold and lifeless corpse or something, you may PM me about making a new character. Chances are ill give you more insight to whats going on in the RP and give you a cooler role that i thought up months before but could enact because you weren't dead.

- - - Updated - - -

You people not being dead is kind of an inconvenience for my ideas. Just so ya know.

- - - Updated - - -

ADDITIONALLY, wait for 2 people to post before posting again. Don't burn yourselves out too fast. Also if you go 3 days or so without a post in either the IC or the OOC ill do stuff to you. Monster murdering you stuff. So. Yeah.

NightMare
01-30-2013, 02:48 AM
Wow, ur so nice, Tyler! U actually want us to die ;P

Black
01-30-2013, 02:48 AM
OOOONE more thing,

if I go 3 days without an OOC or an IC send me 3 million PM's and bug me and stuff in general. Id give you my phone number to txt me and shit but A. I dont know where the bloody thing is and B. I dont ever turn my phone off of silent and C. My phone is also never charged and is usually dead for 3 weeks before I bother to charge it and check it and D. I dont trust you not to annoy me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Nicest cool cat in the cosby cosmopolitan area.

Black
01-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Also I need a new sig and an actual avatar and username. Annnny suggestions?!

Elryndra
01-30-2013, 02:57 AM
I giggled at the bit about cooler stuff not being able to be used because . . well, no one's dead yet and goodness but that's so inconvenient! Ah me, how special we all are! :D

*jots note to self* Annoy Tyler incessantly in the event of . . . . . .

Black
01-30-2013, 04:20 AM
POST MOFOS

Elryndra
01-30-2013, 04:23 AM
. . . . .. Totally didn't understand what those letters mean.

I would post but I was going to wait and see how other people started after your intro.

Black
01-30-2013, 04:36 AM
If need be I CAN make the intro longer and junk for ideas.

Elryndra
01-30-2013, 04:37 AM
That's okay, I'll post tomorrow, I promise, but I'm headed off now.

Epostle
01-30-2013, 04:48 AM
I've made my post. I hope you like it :>

Black
01-30-2013, 05:59 AM
I dont. I hate it. I hate you. Die in a fire...

Okay ill go read it now.

trouble.muffin
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Name: Lizbeth Simpers
Height: 5’8”
Hair Color: She keeps her wild black curls cropped short. If she were to iron it out, it would tickle her ears all day.
Skin Color: not quite ivory, but just a few shades tanner
Clothing: Belted dresses are her favourite, especially in black or dark shades of purple. They flaunt her curves with a subtlety she prides herself in. Not to say she doesn’t have her fair share of adventures; she just likes to keep her private life… private.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag3/trouble-muffin/RP%20character%20pics/Lizbeth_zpsfa4ba131.jpg
Body Condition: Her body is elegantly curved, with full hips and supple breasts. She is relatively thin, but still has the sort of legs a man can sink his teeth into and a face that makes him want to beg for the chance.
Eye Color: green
Weight: 145 lbs
Profession: Lizbeth is one of the secretaries at Proctor and Gamble, one of the few companies that didn’t seem to be in peril despite the economic crisis. Her heart goes out to those who weren’t so lucky, and she is thankful every day for her job security.
Disposition: Quick to laugh and generally amiable, Lizbeth gets along with most of her coworkers, who she keeps carefully separated from her recreational life. A woman more suited for the previous decade, she is spunky, free-spirited, and always looking for the next good time. During the quiet nights in her small apartment, however, she is haunted by a loneliness so vast it bites to the bone and sinks in her stomach. It’s easy enough for her to find a man to keep her company, sure. Sometimes they even stick around for a few weeks, a month or two even. Hell, that brodie Luke had been steady with her for half a year-until she found out about his trophy of a wife and their four-year-old son. She tries not to be bitter towards men, but can’t help keeping them at an emotional distance, despite her deep yearning to be loved.
Biography:Lizbeth finally saved up enough money and moved to Cincinnati just before her 20th birthday, leaving her past behind her in Shelbyville. She rarely though of the grandparents who had always provided for her mother and subsequently her. The whole lot of them had always treated Lizbeth coldly, for she was a constant reminder that her mother had run off for months and come home with a baby in her belly. She worked hard to buy herself a new life and as soon as she was able to without asking for help, Lizbeth left where she wasn’t wanted. She met up with a friend’s older sister in Cincinnati and stayed with her for a month or so before landing the job with P&G. Soon after settling in to her new apartment, she came home from work to find a raggedy alley cat rummaging through the trash cans and decided to give him the last of her turkey sandwich. Though he was cautious of her at first and wouldn’t eat until she went inside, he was sitting by the trash cans at the same time the next day and when Lizbeth approached, the cat ran up as if he always waited for her there and rubbed his cheek against her leg. She laughed and carried him inside, where he promptly made himself at home. He’s been the only consistent man in her life ever since.

bluemoon
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I will post this evening--I have to work all day. *grumble...grumble...groan*

Elryndra
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Had a quick question. What time of year is it?

Black
01-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Winter.

Elryndra
01-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Thank you! *trots off to continue working on post*

NightMare
01-31-2013, 12:30 AM
I would probably get a post in tomorrow, but since I'm kinda busy with my work, I might not get it in until the weekend. I'm sorry!

bluemoon
01-31-2013, 03:00 AM
Winter in Chicago is very cold indeed. I feel for the poor souls wandering the streets. Perhaps the red glow of two evil eyes will warm your hearts tonight. *Evil laugh*

BTW: I am loving the posts so far!

Echo
01-31-2013, 03:02 AM
I live in further up north, so I doubt Chicago will be that bad (for me). xD
Almost done my post, will have it up soon.

bluemoon
01-31-2013, 03:06 AM
I used to be a Michigander, so I am used to weather similar to Chicago and a little worse. Now I am a southern girl and my winters are so mild I can wear shorts and flip flops on many of the "winter" days.

Black
01-31-2013, 03:34 AM
I live in Southern California. And whoever said California was a great place to live was full of shit. Summers are hotter than fuck and winters are colder than hell. At least where I live. and we don't even get the added bonus of snowfall. Shit here just plane freezes solid. I almost stepped in a puddle last night on my way to work. I say almost because the whole thing was frozen so solid I could lift the frozen water out of it's hole and throw it at my neighbors house and break through a wall.

NightMare
01-31-2013, 04:13 AM
It's supposed to be freezing at the place I'm currently at, but it literally feels like spring today, even without the slightest of a exaggeration, and it's supposed to be the DEAD of WINTER, with TONS of SNOW that covers EVERYTHING and sometimes piled so HIGH that you CAN"T even OPEN the gate to your backyard!

Epostle
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Tennessee is just weird... it's super freaking cold up in the mountains as well as can be very freaking hot.

Jinks
02-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Name: Florence 'Flo' Hopkins (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/096/6/d/6df7ed37cf68df26ffdbf2bcc8b9fc17.jpg)
Height: 5’7”
Hair Color: Honey Color
Skin Color: Soft Pink
Clothing: T-shirt and jeans, likes to dress classic despise her family money.
Body Condition: A slim body, with a slightly sickly aspect, not well gifted by mother nature. She always emanates a very optimistic and full of life look; has long and thin fingers. Most of the time she is seen lost, which in some cases is true or not.
Eye Color: Light blue
Weight: 121 lbs
Profession: Criminologist – It’s something that she loved since her father died; in her eyes, her father was a hero and always will remain a hero. Loves to get deep into criminals mind and discover their psychology. Young and yet a prodigy
Disposition: Friendly and well behaved. At her 22 years old Florence, as she goes by Flo knows how to act like a proper lady; despise the fact that her father raise out of her a boy. Loves adventure and her curiosity doesn’t have limit. What intrigues her are the life unsolved cases. Is quiet, mostly doesn’t speak a lot, does it when there is indeed something to be spoken. In solving a crime she doesn’t allow her emotion or either feelings to interfere with her work; she dedicates herself 120% Sometimes she isn’t a very good worker with others, in a few words, Florence doesn’t want to be helped, it makes her feel weak and hopeless. Sometimes speaks in quotes or anecdotes when she wants, ironically or not, to sublimes something.
Biography: Doesn’t know her biological father, either mother but loves the people that grow her up. Her father was a typical cop with a low profit and her mother a doctor. Florence had chosen the middle way to make both of them proud of her. Since birth by her father, William was seen as a prodigy, in a word: perfect. Everything she aims for was a success, but the carrier that let a mark on her soul was to be a criminologist. Since her 12 she assists at numerous crime scenes with her father. After her 18 she did the first exams on entering the police, again everything was a success, but everything began to fall in her wonderland. Her mother lost her job and soon the suicide fallow her, letting behind only a note that shake Florence inside.

Honey...

I know you love me as you're mother, but I am not her. She,she is nothing but a trash, while you're father, he threatened us that if we told you,who you're father is, we will not exis.. -the word stops as strains of blood filled the others rows with the red liquid-

(I will gonna add more after i came from school today)

NightMare
02-02-2013, 06:01 PM
lol, I'm spending so much more this on the IC for this than any others

Black
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Sorry bout that, was kind of dead to the world for a day or two. Washing the GF's car for an early valentines day present. Lets just say her brown leather seats are now a white-tan. Courtesy of Mr. Tyler's Dirt removing ARM~!>!$EWTFDGF lol Ill look through the characters and IC and see if I can post/if I approve of the characters.

Black
02-02-2013, 06:23 PM
You two are approved. I will add your names to the roster list eventually. Until then feel free to post. Little warning, you need at least two paragraphs (5 sentences) for a post. I prefer more but, sometimes we get writers block.

Black
02-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Additionally Jinks I might be suggesting ways to improve grammar/other junk so you're better understood. It doesn't mean anything bad if I tell you something, just trying to make life easier for everyone involved. I'd do the same for anyone else and probably will if a post is super hard to understand.

Echo
02-03-2013, 12:34 AM
I posted, but I think it might be a bit lengthy.

NightMare
02-03-2013, 01:38 AM
I posted too! But compared to others', I feel short T-T

Black
02-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Still waiting for everyone to have gotten at least 1 post in. I think everyone may have though. LEt me looook.

Waarnemen
02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
I know I promised a character...
I have been in distress within the last couple of days, and thus this had drowned all of my creativity and motivation. I apologize for not getting in sooner.

Black
02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Is okay its been kinda slow beginning, getting all my notes in proper order while juggling work and junk. Try to get a post/Character up by tomorrow. Im planning on moving everything along tomorrow.

Echo
02-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Yippee, progress!
xD

Black
02-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Narnia.

Echo
02-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Hogwarts.

trouble.muffin
02-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Winterfell!

Black
02-08-2013, 04:51 AM
Howling Fjords

NightMare
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
how did the convo. turn out like this?

Black
02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Time to get my ass into gear and POST! I got a new computer coming in tomorrow or monday so I might be dead to the world. So im gonna bust my ass before bed to get a post to move this along.

Waarnemen
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Good.
During that time, I'll process a character.
My biographies are very long!

Black
02-10-2013, 03:46 AM
This is twice now that Ive tried to post a post and it gets fucked up... EWTRDSFHG#^%YWY%^$%GFDhdfgh

Black
02-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Long overdue post.

Extraordinaire.
02-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Sooooo *cracks knuckles* guess it's time to get started on this post huh

Epostle
02-12-2013, 03:44 AM
I'm waiting for a reply from tyler...

Epostle
02-14-2013, 05:51 PM
so... is this rp already dead?

Black
02-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I would hope not. Im waiting on you people to reply and I check in daily. if people dont start replying soon people will start dying and ill make this a closed private RP between us living people.

bluemoon
02-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Sorry, I have been crazy busy at work the past few days. I will get a post in soon--no later than Saturday.

Black
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Hmm. Who's still alive? It's time for people who don't post to start dropping off of the face of the earth. You have a day to post in this thread or Ill have no choice but to kill you and move on.

trouble.muffin
02-28-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm still alive, just not sure what to post in the IC thread... Sorry! XD

Black
02-28-2013, 07:53 PM
For those of you who are confused, just head to the book store.

trouble.muffin
02-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Thanks, sorry for being such a nub. XD
I'll make my post sometime today. I have class soon but I'll do it after work at the latest. It probably won't be gold, but I'll at least end up in the right place.

bluemoon
02-28-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm still alive! :D Book store is open and waiting for new arrivals!