PDA

View Full Version : Modern Robin Hood (Name pending)

Lord Tully
05-11-2010, 02:00 AM
*Mods please move if necessary*
Alright I finally got around to deciding, this is going to be a re-imagining of the classic Robin Hood idea. A group of thieves, hackers, and other such criminals are going around stealing someone the biggest banks and millionaires in the world (And with the miracle of insurance they can get stolen from again) and distributing the wealth to the poorest of the poor people, often by buying them food, blankets and other such commodities. I think a unit of 4 or 5 would work best, along with the antagonist, and "Marian" roles (Although there's nothing that says Marion can't be a part of the group) so I think 7 is a good maximum.

I need these roles filled
The leader (Robin):
The computer expert:
The lock expert (May include explosives if necessary):
The muscle (Little John with guns basically):
"Marian" (Feel free to experiment with her [something tells me that may be taken in odd ways]):
The Sheriff:
Sheriff's henchman (The guy of Gisborne role I guess):

CS
Name:
Description: Include at the least: Eye color, hair color, and height, weight is optional, Personality also goes here (Pictures are also encouraged, no anime please)
Specialization/position:
Gear:
Criminal Record (Avoid overly violent crimes like rape or multiple homicides please, I don't want this moved to the Mature Section):
Other (Anything extra that you feel the character should have, like a family heirloom they always carry or something):

Rules:
Besides for the forum's rules keep the content PG13 or lower so have the killing at a minimum, any "Relations" beyond kissing must be done off screen, and remember that I am the GM what I say goes, and have fun.

Maple
05-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Hmmm, what is the setting for this RP? New york? Washington, DC? Somewhere else with a bunch of rich people?

Lord Tully
05-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Well, I think Southern California is a good place, lot's of rich people in a relatively small area, miles upon miles of empty space for them to hide, and the Desert environment could add something else we might not have thought of.

Muse
05-12-2010, 03:37 AM
I don't mean to undermine your GM rights, just offer my opinion, but I think it would be better suited in a place like New York, with a big crime scene, or DC, with many politicians. California has rich people, but most of them legitimately made their fortune, even if they did get a bit lucky or only did so for their looks. I just find it easier to see a modern Robin Hood stealing from crime lords or corrupt politicians, not Brad Pitt or James Cameron.

In other news, I will be putting up a character sheet by the end of the week. Haven't decided who I'd like to be.

Maple
05-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with Muse... I was thinking about making up a Marian character who is the daughter of a high-ranking executive or politician, and that would be more realistic to New York or DC. The entertainment industry might be ridiculous but it doesn't seem nearly as villainous as, say, the banking industry... or the government, for that matter!

John
05-12-2010, 07:42 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) to attract players?

Lord Tully
05-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Maybe you're right, corrupt business owners are a bit better target for Robin Hood then people who I personally do not care for. Let's change, although I mostly picked Southern California for the desert, I mean it goes on for-sodding-ever.