PDA

View Full Version : The Battle Arena Discussion Thread

Jacogos
02-06-2013, 02:36 AM
In an effort to see a bit of talk and chat and overall bonding over bloodshed, murder, and the people who partake in the former two, I have taken it upon myself to set up a little chat thread for this little corner of RPA.

Basically, if you want to talk about a battle you're having or perhaps chat about a character idea you have, feel free to talk about it here! If you need help creating a new Battle character, talk to us here! Have a cool idea, but not sure if it'll work? Leave the premise of it here and someone will notice it and talk with you about it (I hope). Need some help balancing an under- or over-powered character? You can chat about that, too.

In short, this is a chat thread about the Battle Arena! Then again, you probably could've gotten that much out of the title. Awkward...

Anyway, as always, there must be rules:

Numbah 1: The Rules of RPA are ever in place, even in a little thread like this. Don't break 'em. Or else we'll throw YOU (yes you, behind the computer screen!) into the Arena. Against Ruan. If ya don't know who that is, ya might need to check where ya are again ;)

Numbah 2: Keep "idle chatter" down. If you're talking about something, make sure it pertains to the Battle Arena and its inhabitants. This doesn't necessarily include S.M.U.T. or Realms of War, though. Talk about their stuff in their threads. That's what they're there for. (Look at me using correct grammer and shit ^.^).

Numbah 3: Neither the mods nor I (and by that I mean the mods) will tolerate any sort of bashing or flaming of others and/or their works in this thread. Criticism is allowed when noted by the poster and only then. Keep it clean people, we're all here to bash each others' brains in have fun, right?

Numbah 4: I wanted another rule :D

In conclusion, have fun and let's chat it up!

La Volpe
02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
So, I got a fighter I'm making, A angle guardian of sorts. His incomplete cs is in my roster thread. Well my issue is I can't come up with any abilities for him! I've never made an angelic character before, and even this one's not going to be all holy and junk. S ohelps!

Jacogos
02-08-2013, 02:23 AM
I like the concept very much. And approve of the sword's pic xD I watch that Deviant.

You said you're going for like a fallen/dark angel vibe? Have you thought of mind influence or illusion? If not that, then imbuing his attacks with elements/power is another thing I've seen.

La Volpe
02-08-2013, 03:49 AM
I follow so many people on there now! That site is an essential life line for my cs building!

And yeah, a dark angel was the area I was going towards. And the illusion idea I actually like a lot... Seeing as he uses a spear and sword combo... That could be really fun! And the elemental attacks could work in as well. Illusion style skills would be a new one for me, so I think i'll go with that. I want to figure out one that goes with the runes on his wings. Those things look really cool, so I want to include them, but I'm unsure how.

Jacogos
02-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Perhaps casting his feathers about causing the illusions? Distracts the opponents eyes while the illusion settles in? nice one would be a literal storm of feathers falling, in which there's multiple copies of him dancing around.

Ideas are fun ^.^

La Volpe
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I agree ^.^ And that is a really good one!

Jacogos
02-08-2013, 11:00 PM
So yeah, I have an idea I wish to share with the world:

Basically, the idea is a character (a storyteller, if you will) whose reaction and attack steps are defined as follows:

For his reaction, in addition to trying to move or something, he can change ONE word of the opponent's previous post and have that new "post" take effect instead. He cannot add or subtract words, he can only CHANGE a SINGLE word.

As an attack, he has the power to make anything he wishes so long as he can fit it into THREE words that he writes into his "story book".

So I'm trying to figure how balanced this is and/or if it's even legal xD

La Volpe
02-09-2013, 02:12 AM
That sounds like a very bold idea! But the possibilities of it are crazy!