PDA

View Full Version : Giorno dei Morti (OOC)

Mosaic
05-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Right so just a quick explanation here. This is not going to be a terribly long RP. But it's not going to be short. The idea of the RP is to maybe last a month if activity is good. So now that I have that out of the way, onto the point and plot of the RP!

I'm not going to do the whole "telling the story idea through a narrative". You're getting the basics from me as if i were telling you in person.

This RP can be considered a zombie RP, though these "zombies" are technically classified as Undead since they are brought back through a means that is not a virus or infection.

The RP takes place in Renaissance Italy, the exact place has yet to be determined. There are catacombs that run underneath every city throughout Italy, and many if not all have been there since before most of the cities were built. And all the catacombs are connected through tunnels that are barely bigger than a person to crawl through, so think kind of an ant tunnel setup except the ant tunnel is made of stone and brick, and instead of ants you have A LOT of corpses!

The Pope of the time was brought a strange book that had a menagerie of languages in it and he began translating it since the book was in the Vatican archives but was not in what would be considered the "registry of books" However after finishing the books translation the pope realized what the book was and realized he had been reading it out loud to himself.

The citizens outside of the Vatican have no idea what has happened and only that skeletons, rotting corpses, and corpses that looks like some other force has changed them have begun crawling out of the catacombs and slaughtering people outside of the Vatican and the curse/spell has been spreading out. The corpses have been burying the body's of the fresh dead and a few days after the body's surface, changed. Of course to the general populous these are rumors to brought by those possessed and driven insane by "daemons" and either killed or exorcised.

Being the Renaissance the general populous doesn't know how to read, only scholars and Priests know how to read and only Priests know Latin.
Metal armor is restricted to warriors, guards, and military.

The point of the RP is to get to The Vatican. I hope this gets some interest since I'm trying to go for a new style of zombie RP to get away from the "Left 4 dead"ish RPs that have come out lately.

I'll have a character sheet setup made a little later.

Mosaic
05-24-2010, 01:38 AM
CHARACTER SHEET!

Character name:
Occupations/Apprenticeship (specify which, apprentice or Master, if you're a scholar, specify what you study and write):
Character History: (Just a little history to help give me an idea of the character's skillset)
Academic's Level: (None, low, moderate, High) (none is basically a streetrat who pickpockets for a living for an example, Low is you average civilian, moderate is a well to do civilian and high is a scholar)
Renown: (how known are you in the beginning town)
Resources: (A list of contacts for scholars and shop owners, mainly shop owners for where and who they get their materials from, this may come in handy wink wink)

Anne Bonny
05-27-2010, 04:23 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

Stream
05-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats on being the RP of the Week. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=228536#post228536)

Mosaic
05-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Its good to know this made RP of the week.
I hope this gets noticed, I'll be checking this daily maybe more than that. I hope no one gets turned off by the fact that I myself have not made a character, as I will be controlling a string of characters and have found having my own PC makes it difficult to make sure that event's flow a certain way since I trying to do so with the PC character may force me to act outside of his character.

Cheshire
05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
I will certainly try to fit this into my schedule. I was thinking of doing a somewhat more generic zombie rp... though now I am considering putting a few interesting plot twists into it... though I've got some other rps to work on first >_> AAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY

Yeah, I'll definitely try to see if I can be in on this, sounds fun, though I'm concerned a zombie rp is fantasy and not mature... seems to limit the gore that we can use when maiming the undead xD

Would being a... lady of the night... be too mature for this section? xD

Mosaic
05-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Actually I see what you mean, I was half asleep when I put this up, I might put in for this to be moved to mature.

And yeah any kind of characters would be welcome, the more colorful the character spectrum the better.

Hell if this doesn't get off like I want I might bring my old military based zombie RP back to RPA. But I just hope I can get this going.

Maple
06-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Wow, this sounds like great fun! I am slightly obsessed with Renaissance Italy. I would love to play an artist character (think Michelangelo). Question: Should the characters start out in Rome, or elsewhere?

Mosaic
06-01-2010, 06:26 AM
I'll be setting up a place where everyone will start off, depending on your profession especially if its a profession where you would normally stay in the town you call home, then you'd need a bit of reason to be in the town I choose if its not your characters dwelling place. If need be I can always help with this. The reasons don't need to be listed in the character's bio and can just be explained in the first post once the IC begins.

Besides the Vatican is right in Rome, and Rome was the first city to fall, but no real news has been said about this, only from seemingly insane travelers who survived, and has been put up to the ravings of the insane and "possessed"

However if you're artist was from Rome and was a survivor, you'd be looked on as a lunatic and shunned *cough at least until that city's catacombs start thriving with unholy life cough* if being such would be alright by you. But if you were a survivor I would request the added detail to your bio saying how you survived your way away from Vatican City and Rome.

StormWolf
06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
i'd love to join. Mercenario, anyone? or maybe a member of the Lanzkonnecht?

MidKnight
06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
This reminds me of Zombie Land I created, but different, I'll join for the fun of it. It'll bring old times back,

*Thinks of Twinkie* Mmmmm.

Maple
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Hope this works... I thought the corpse connection would be a nice touch...

Character name: Gianluca Mercurio
Occupations/Apprenticeship: Master Artist
Character History: Mercurio grew up in a middle-class family in Florence. Showing an interest in art early on, he apprenticed with a famous painter and later became famous in his own right. He is now known throughout Tuscany for his masterful frescos and oil paintings depicting Biblical scenes. But only a few of his closest associates know the secret behind his lifelike renditions of the human form - using real corpses and skeletons to study anatomy. Also unknown to his adoring public are Mercurio's drinking habit and his predilection for prostitutes.
Academic's Level: Moderate (during the Renaissance art was considered more of a trade skill than a scholarly pursuit)
Renown: Well-known among aristocrats, but not a household name for the lower classes
Resources: His patrons include many aristocratic Florentines such as the all-powerful Medici family. He has a staff of 5 young apprentices, and various friends and enemies among the art community. He has also struck up a peculiar friendship with an undertaker, who allows him to peruse the morgue and catacombs for fresh specimens.

Mosaic
06-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Alright I can approve of the character but for reference once the RP starts, any bodies your character had in their possession, would not have re-animated. Not with the way I'm working this.

trafalgar law
06-02-2010, 07:54 AM
This seems interesting. But for the meantime, I'm still figuring out how will this RP turns out. And Im kinda having a hard time thinking of a character to actually fit in with the story. lol I've never done zombie type RPs before.

But definitely considering to join this one.

Maple
06-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Cool! I was just thinking that it might be an interesting twist if he was already pretty jaded about dead bodies. And back then some artists did just that, studied dead bodies, I've always found that fascinating.

I hope this RP takes off, I'm excited for it.

Familiar
06-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Character name: Torre Fidelio
Occupations/Apprenticeship : A Jockey.
Character History: Based originally in Siena, Torre grew up in a family of horse breeders. The Fidelio family stables were renowned for producing steeds that few others could match, and Torre was definitely brought up in the family business.

In his teens he began to race competitively to increase the stables reputation, his small size combined with the superior horses making him a serious contender in any race. As he has grown however, so has his skill, and he remains a major name in horse racing to this day.

Academic's Level: Low to moderate. In most areas, he has no better knowledge than most people on the street, when it comes to horses, fitness or what we think of today as biology he has a knowledge born of a lifetime of practical studies. He is also extremely well travelled for his name.

Renown: Torre is well known to the coarser aspects of society, as well as any bored nobles that have money to burn. His renown decreases sharply however amongst the clergy and women.
Resources: Retains a good relationship with the vast majority of high quality stables, feed stores and racetracks in Italy.

Mosaic
06-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Just waiting on the other people who showed interest to make any characters they mentioned.

And Familiar, Let me do some research to make sure that horse racing was around at the time, at least horse racing in the sense of what it is now, or to find it's Renaissance equivalent.

Familiar
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I can save you some time there... Horse racing did exit, although most of the time it was considered a matter of pride, people did make wagers unofficially. The reason I actually chose Siena as a base of operations is that they were famed for, at the very least, one race in particular where a good number (I think ten) of riders representing the cities districts did lengths around the town centre.

Long story short, I know it existed and it was popular in at least some sections of Italy, I believe that it was more than that.

If you want more detail than that, you will end up having to go digging. Sorry.

Mosaic
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Ok I wasn't so much doubting it, I was sure it existed I just needed to know the popularity of it. And I would say for renown he would be more known with in Siena itself, and the farther out he goes his name becomes scarcer. Though where I'm starting off he might be fairly known, because I think I'm actually starting out not far from Siena.

Familiar
06-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Alright, and yeah I didn't think you were doubting it, just thought that I'd try to save you some time :)

Maple
06-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Heck, I've been to Siena and stood in the city square where medieval horse racing took place! It has remained a popular event to this very day. People come from all over to see them fill the plaza with dirt and race horses around in little circles. The race is called Il Palio di Siena and I wouldn't be surprised if it was pretty famous during the Renaissance.

Can you tell I'm obsessed with Italy? Hehehe. Just let me know if you need any help getting this RP started...