PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] Olympus' Downfall: A New Power is Arising.

trafalgar law
05-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Olympus' Downfall:
A New Power is Arising..

“No!” Zeus bellowed. “We must prevent this from happening!”

“Its not as if you can do anything about it, brother.” Hades said mockingly.

“Are you questioning my power?” Zeus challenged.

“Oh no, no. Certainly not. Mortals have their own way. They are powerful enough when they believe, far more than powerful than us. We gods can only control their surroundings but not themselves.” said Hades evasively.

“Hades is right. We are not allowed to intervene directly. We cannot force them to believe of something they aren’t even sure of. We must think of another way, and we must act immediately.” Poseidon said anxiously.

With an effort to better understand the laws of natural occurrences, people have created something to satisfy their hungry fascinations. Luckily, they have created plenty enough, ranging from gods to deities, to monsters, and into heroes. There sure are many versions of this gods and goddesses, but only one had flourished among the rest – the Olympian Gods. For eons of time passed, they have believed in them, worship them at most. But apparently it didn’t last long, some people have grown tired of them, and sadly some of it was gone and forgotten long before it had further flourished. Well of course, that’s what they thought at least.

But what they didn’t know, the things they thought to exist only in stories really existed somewhere. Yes, Mount Olympus did exist, so as the gods and everything that is connected with it. The center of their power was inconsistent, it changed timely based on which where greater believers are. It is their source of power, the only thing that fuels their existence. But the gods are only yet again to be faced with another huge predicament since the Titan’s war – their own destruction.

Apparently, there are some mysterious identities who were feeding the mortals of false information – trying to extinguish their desire for Mt. Olympus. All this time, they have continually erased facts and stories concerning heroes and gods, and they have succeeded in such deeds. The gods at first thought that this might be another normal occurrence and so they have forfeited their search for this so called “False Preachers”.

But they were wrong.

These False Preachers, they obviously wanted the downfall of Olympus and the gods. But there seems to be another reason – something deeper and much menacing. What else could this preachers want aside from the destruction of Mount Olympus? Their real objective remained unclear not until some demigods finally showed up to intervene and exposed what they are really up to. They wanted to start another war - even greater than the time of the Titans. But this time, the titans are not the one to be overthrown off - it was the Olympian gods. They wanted to use the "Believers" to create new gods for themselves, a force greater than anything in order to cast destruction upon the gods.

About finding this, Zeus is desperately seeking of methods as to how will they stop this new sprouting war between this false preachers. The news had spread throughout their realm and caused many stirrings - monsters are beginning to be awoken, some old forces are starting to return, and most especially A New Power is Arising..

Set at the 21st century where technology is currently overwhelming, a war between the gods of Mount Olympus and those who are called the "False Preachers" are about to start. People of this time are called "Believers" - normal mortals who have the ability to summon what they believe (more info about them later). Unknown to this mortals, Mount Olympus and all the myths about them are true. With the war coming, what fate awaits on both sides? Will this be the end of Mount Olympus and the gods? Or will this be another victory for them.

trafalgar law
05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Character Roles:

False Preachers

Those who are known by the gods as “False Preachers” are the descendants of fallen heroes – Odysseus, Heracles, Perseus, and other great heroes who died for the sake of the gods. They are very much like of their forefathers – they are strong, brave, and born to be warriors – but the gods never did once recognized them, they didn’t even retain their demigod form and yet they became just a normal mortal.

And for this, they aim for the destruction of Mount Olympus. They have felt that they became unimportant to the gods despite of serving them for almost several hundred years. They started spreading false information about the gods, making people believe that they are mere myths. They have erased or destroyed some of the most ancient facts about them which lead to some lost on their part (minor gods vanishing due to lack of believers). But as far as the gods know, it appears that they are even aiming for something much bigger.

False Preachers are mainly composed of people which either came from the family tree of any heroes (however famous they may be), or just normal people trained and deceived by their caused. There might also be some gods or goddess who might side with them.

Gods and Goddesses

Rulers of Mount Olympus, offspring of the Titans who happens to later overthrow them out of their reign. They have existed for eons of time until now. They existed due to which there are still who believes in them, though only few are left. All the major gods and goddess are very much still alive - Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Ares, Demeter, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Dionysus, and Hermes. As well as some other minor gods and goddesses.

With the False Preachers resurfacing wherein the gods felt a great threat about, they are anxious as to how will they stop them from their doings. They have caused great stirrings in their realm, most especially for the monsters.

Despite of their long existence, the gods never changed. Some of them still preferred to conceal themselves in the shadows of their past, nor they have even bothered to think about their own sins.

Deities and Monsters

Along with the gods, they remained alive as well. Monsters remained on their own prisons, some remained peaceful on their deep slumber, and some are hard workingly devoting their time to serve the gods. Deities have lived in their trees, swamps, mountains, and some of the usual spots they dwell. They are either siding with the gods nor the Preachers.

Demigods

Every once in awhile, the gods and goddesses of Mount Olympus go and interact with mortals. Sometimes they will find suitable mortals to bear their child. With this a child, half god and half human is born. They are called Demigods. Many of them are born through the years of existence of the gods. Some are travelers, seekers for the own right path, some have excelled in their own respective abilities (Athena's children being in the politics, Aphrodite's children on showbiz, etc). They have tried to merge with the mortals all this years.

Sometime now, they have formed an alliance between themselves. They call it "Round table of Halfbloods." They manage to save the world from monsters trying to expose the existence of the gods and as well as harming innocent people. Until now, they have remained on watch until they find these False Preachers.

Mainly of them are sided to the gods.

Mortals or “Believers”

Mortals are thought to be weak, and fragile. But what makes them powerful is when they "believe". They tend to summon a greater force that even the gods cant explain themselves. When they tend to believe in a certain thing, it tends to take form according to how great they believe in it. But despite that mortals are good at believing, they are also easily be deceived. That is why the False Preachers had taken fancy of them.

Only few mortals have a greater will to believe things than any others. Some are afraid of believing and some are not that interested at all. Though it is not frequent for them to use this ability, since they never notice that most of them can do it.

Believers are just normal people, they never noticed any abnormalities around them like of the existence of the Olympian gods. They are naive and greedy. They live up their lives according to their likings.

Like the Deities and Monsters, they may either take side with the gods or the preachers.

Character Sheet:

"God/Goddess"
Name:

Side: (Gods or False Preachers)

Appearance:

Weapon: (if applicable)

Personality:

Others (Optional)

"Preacher"
Name:

Forefather:

Race: (Deity/Monster/Mortal/Demigod)

Weapon: (max is one)

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

Others: (Optional)

"Demigods"
Name:

God Parent:

Side:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

"Deity/Monter"
Name:

Deity Category: (Nymph, Dryad, Naiad, etc. only for Deities)

Monster Kind: (Cyclops, Furies, Minotaur, etc. only for monsters)

Side:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

"Mortal"
Name:

Side:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

trafalgar law
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
*accepted characters*

trafalgar law
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
*progress*

Damonique
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I might sign up for this later, after I get a feel for what kind of RP it will become.

ImmortalD
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Looks really good Trafalgar. I'm In.

"Demigods"
Name: Robert Castle

God Parent: Poseidon

Side: Gods

Weapon: Not/Applicable

Appearance: Robert has shoulder length brown hair and piercing blue eyes that swirl like the sea.

Personality: Robert is a shy, but courageous young man; he is also very analytic.

Bio: Robert was born from Poseidon; but unlike other demi-gods in history; Robert never knew his destiny, and still doesn't to this day. His foster family don't know either, except that they found him on the beach during the night. Robert has the uncanny ability of aqua-healing and aqua-control; though he doesn't know either yet; all Robert does know is that he feel safe under the water, and can hold his breath for a longer peroid of time than anybody else in the world. (His current record is Thirty minutes long.*)

Others: Not/Applicable

* - The current Guiness World Record for this is Eighteen Minutes and 32.59 Seconds.

trafalgar law
05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
"God/Goddess"

Name: Hades "Lord of the Underworld"

Appearance:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/360/5/d/Hades_by_bergundy_black.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/237/6/a/Hades_Juggernaut_by_andyparkart.jpg

Weapon: Helm of Darkness

Personality: Dark, serious, cunning, and sometimes moody. He is the guy who is unfortunately always been misunderstood. He is often found troubled of the underworld, it is the only thing that gives him stressed. But despite of his stress, Hades is very fond of the underworld, he is very hard working but sometimes he tends to over do things. All he wanted is silence and darkness.

Others (Optional)

"Preacher"

Name: Telos

Forefather: Achilles

Race: Mortal

Weapon: A huge sword made out of Celestial Bronze.

Appearance:

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/Automatic_PWNage/Random%20Anime/redhead.jpg

Personality: Telos loves to observe. He doesnt talk too much, but when he does, he can be very sharp-tongued. He despises the gods of Olympus of all the Preachers. He is clever, he does everything rationally. He is one of the few greatest believers that is within their organization.

Bio: Telos came from the Bloodline of Achilles - the hero whose won many great battles in the Trojan War, invulnerable he is, not until the gods guided Paris to aim an arrow towards his heel which is the only part he is prone of damage. AS one of the his descendants, Telos strive hard to become like of his ancestor. He trained with the Nymphs (Achilles' mother was Thetis and is a Nymph who also grew a grudge towards the gods). He have cultivated his skill very well, even improve his abilities in believing. He then decided to join the Preachers for the destruction of the gods.

Others: 'Telos' means in greek as 'End'.

trafalgar law
05-25-2010, 05:04 PM
@ImmortalD,
Robert seems cool to me. :) Accepted. I bet he can stay underwater for a whole day. lol

@jansen,
sure. :)

ImmortalD
05-25-2010, 05:27 PM
@ImmortalD,
Robert seems cool to me. :) Accepted. I bet he can stay underwater for a whole day. lol

Well; technically he can do it forevever; but only when he realises that he can't ever drown.

Torcano
05-25-2010, 09:02 PM
"God/Goddess"
Name: Poseidon, Lord of the Seas

Appearance:

http://www.andyparkart.com/images/gallery/concept/god_of_war_ii/poseidon.jpg

http://s3.subirimagenes.com/fotos/2292047copia-de-oceanus.jpg

Weapons:
-indestructible Trident forged by Hephaestus
-himself
-any objects that may be shifted by the force of water
-any creatures of the seas
-water itself
-storms(lightning, wind, etc)

Personality: Poseidon is one of the sternest and proudest of the gods, and his temper matches his great power and stature. He is second only to Zeus himself in power but is steadfastly loyal, as well as being of great honor and integrity. However, he is viewed by many as being overtly cold and harsh. Poseidon intends this, as he will never allow himself to be as weak as a mortal. He demands great respect from his followers, and by all who travel the seas. Any who cross or disrespect him are swiftly dealt with, and any offence whether intentional or not is met with force. The only being capable of reigning in his wrath is Zeus, and only in the direst of scenarios would he do so.

Others (Optional)

Damonique
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm going to start writing up my kick-ass modernized Deimos. Unlike the greater gods, the second son of ares left the pantheon after the fall of Greece and has become a factor in a number of major religions on almost every continent.

Because he has more cultural incarnations and thus more followers then traditional greek gods, his power now stands almost on par with that of his father, Ares.

trafalgar law
05-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Okay then. Im just waiting for a couple of preachers and I think we're ready to go. :)

EDIT: Poseidon's accepted. Though I suggest to still moderate the power. There are still some things he cant do from those other gods can do.

Torcano
05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Trafalgar, I'm not sure what your last sentence meant. Was it:

"I suggest that you moderate his power. There are some things he can't do that other gods can."

If so then I'm not sure what you are talking about. We haven't even started posting how could you know what I will or will not have him do?

The only thing I even said about "power" was that he was second only to Zeus. This is fact. But I never said anything about him being able to do everything the other gods could. In fact, I listed exactly what his powers were limited to.

I would understand if I just posted and had him kill Zeus, but this is just a character sheet. Could you explain please?

Damonique
05-26-2010, 03:59 PM
I think he just meant that all of the gods are in a semi-weakened state.