PDA

View Full Version : [M] Cut - SAW - IC

Pyro
05-24-2010, 07:23 PM
It begins...

Faith stirred, her eyelids heavy with what felt like drugged sleep. She forced herself awake only to find her wrists duct taped to the chair she was sitting in, on the far right of a line of other chairs with other people in the same predicament as her. Faith counted quickly: there were six of them including her and she recognized a young man in a suit a few seats down from where she was. They were in a dark, grimy looking room facing a cheap television set. There was a door on the left side of the room and it didn't take a genius to figure out it was locked just by looking. Faith tugged at her restraints but she was still too drowsy just now. She would wait for the others to wake up to figure out a plan.

Dustin was never one for drinking and it seemed this throbbing pain in his head was the payback. Grace wouldn't be happy with him today. She'd also be annoyed that he slept in a chair. Wait, this chair felt different. Dustin opened his eyes and found his wrists bound with duct tape on the arms of an unfamiliar chair in an unfamiliar room. There were other people here, all tied to their chairs in a line in front of an old TV. What the hell is going on? Dustin wondered.

(OOC : Welcome, everyone! So this is how I want it set up, third person, at least a lengthy paragraph, and really get inside your character's head. And since there's so many of us please wait for everyone to have posted once before you go crazy.)

Shani
05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Satine had a wonderful evening, One of her favorite clients came in. Things must have gotten out of hand as she awoke with a minor headache, and no recollection of where she was. As she opened her eyes more and went to rub them, she realized that she was bond to a chair. Sure, Satine has been in that situation before, but this was different. Her eyes were open even further now as she looked around the room. It was dark and dirty, there were five other chairs and she made six and then she saw the T.V. "Where am I?" she asked quietly, she couldn't tell if anyone was awake yet.

Tytun
05-25-2010, 12:45 AM
As Trent's mind began to form back into a conscious state, the pulverizing 'hang-over' feeling made him wish he hadn't gotten up. Sure, he drank every so often, but he was quite sure that a drink hadn't touched his lips that night. Regardless, he wanted to wipe his eyelids to get the feeling numbed a bit, but found that he couldn't move his arms.

"...If this is a practical joke that the others pulled on me last time, I'm not laughing..."

Opening his eyes slowly, his head groggily shifted to the side as he tried to get some perspective about the room. All in all, it was dark and grimy, not a great combination for a prank. Shifting his eyes about, he noticed in slight surprise that five others were tied the same way as him. In line order, he was the second from the left facing the TV. As he looked at his fellow 'prisoners', he noted that three of them were already awake. Not only that, but one of the females looked oddly familiar, though he couldn't place where he had seen her before...

Wolfe
05-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Matt woke up and felt a throbbing, painful headache. It didn't surprise him, considering he'd been at the bar all night. The strange thing was, he didn't remember getting home last night. He looked around and saw that he was in a dark, gloomy room. "Where the Hell am I?" he said quietly as he tried to stand. Matt looked down and saw that he was duct-taped to the chair. Panic began to fill his mind as he saw five other people sitting in chairs, similarly restrained. "Help!" he began to continuously yell. Finally, he got quiet and his eyes rested on an old TV...

Dual
05-26-2010, 04:40 AM
The throbbing pain at the back of Ben's skull was absolutely mind-numbing. It was like someone had taken a sledgehammer to his brain and hadn't considered taking it out afterwards. He groaned in his pain, and blearily opened his eyes, shutting them immediately afterwards. It was so damn bright! Where the hell was he? He didn't recognize the walls around him at all... And why couldn't he move his arms?

Slowly, Benjamin re-opened his eyes and glanced down at his hands to see them tightly secured to the chair in which he was sitting. He frowned, and realized that he had been abducted. But by whom? And why? Who were these other people? Wait... He recognized some of the faces, but only vaguely...

"Where in the fuckin' blazes are we?"

Pyro
05-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Faith, noticing that the others had come to awareness as well, called out to them, her drowsiness fading with each passing second.
"Everyone just stay calm, okay?" she said, "Whoever brought us here obviously wanted us to stay put long enough for some reason so we're just gonna have to sit tight for a bit. Got it?" It wasn't unusual for Faith to want to take charge. She was certain she was the smartest of all of them and the calmest. Who better to lead than her?

Dustin shook his head vigorously, trying to rid himself of the ache in his head and mouth. Why does my mouth hurt? he wondered. As the Asian girl at the far right of the line gave instructions he wanted to yell at her to shut up but for some reason he couldn't quite speak. The hell is going on?

Shani
05-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Satine looked over in the direction of the female, "Not to be rude but who are you, and who put you in charge?" she asked. "Also how can you expect people to remain calm, when they are stuck to a chair?" She questioned quite calmly. She was fine with this for now, she was quite comfortable but confused. She realized that the others were waking up, now that she was able to see better. "Sir, I wish I knew where we were, but unfortunately I don't, and this sucks. Also calling for help doesn't seem to work if you noticed." Satine stated.

Tytun
05-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Trent's head cleared up a bit, just enough so that he could focus on things around him. At this moment, people began speaking. First on the vocal list were the two men who had just awakened. Next was the Asian female at the very end of the line, then the other female. Soon, it practically turned into everyone speaking. Sighing to himself, he chose to remain silent. After all, he had a feeling that, since they were all frightened to some degree of this, talking would only raise anxiety. Looking around the room in an attempt to calm himself down, he scanned over everything until he turned his attention back to the TV.

"An odd thing to place in a room in this scenario..." he thought to himself. "Perhaps someone is suppose to turn it on after breaking their binds? Or maybe some other person will come in and flick it on for us..."

Pyro
06-07-2010, 03:18 AM
As the people argued, the television set suddenly sparked to life, showing a poor quality image of a white faced, red eyed puppet slowly turning its head to face the camera. The puppet's mouth moved and a deep, garbled voice began speaking.
"Hello, everyone. I want to play a game. As you all may have noticed, there are six of you. You may also notice that you recognize a few of your fellow players. You are a team in this game and must work together to win. I have injected all of you with a slow moving toxin that will liquefy your organs in forty-eight hours if you do not find the antidote. I will tell you exactly where it is and how to get to it so listen carefully. You are on the sixth floor of the building. Just outside the door on the first floor there is a mailbox with the antidote in a plastic bag. To get to the first floor you will have to play your way through the building. I have dedicated one floor to each of you so the floor that is yours is your turn to be the leader. To your left there is a locked door. The key is in the puzzle safe behind you. There are six puzzles on the safe, one for each of you. Do not be wasteful of your time. The clock is ticking. Let the game begin." Once the puppet was finished speaking the TV screen went black and the room was in silence once more.

Faith had paid close attention to the screen the entire time and was confident she would escape.
"I think I know who this guy is," she said to the others, "I've only heard about him on the news but do you guys know about the Jigsaw Killer? He's the one who puts his victims in traps designed to either reform them or make them kill themselves. Even if it isn't we need to get out of here as fast as we can. Now if we can just get these bindings off..." She proceeded to tug at her taped wrists, grunting with effort as she tried to break free.

Dustin's eyebrows knit together from the pain in his mouth and now the confusion of the situation they were in. How were they supposed to work together if he couldn't speak and they were already at each other's throats? He shook his head. His entire face felt heavy, like it had been injected with lead and not poison. Still he pulled at his bound wrists until the right one was free, therein ripping the other side away from the tape. Now what? he wondered.

Wolfe
06-08-2010, 02:54 AM
After the puppet on the TV spoke to them, Matt took a few seconds to process it in his mind. One of the others started speaking about the Jigsaw Killer, who Matt had seen on the news a few times. One of his biggest fears was torture, and now it seemed like that'd be almost certain. He looked around at all the confused faces. The puppet was right, he did recognize a few of them. He wasn't totally sure where from however. "Well, first thing's first, we need to all get free," he said. Matt broke free from the duct tape fairly easily, and groaned as he ripped it off of his arms, pulling some hair. "So, the Jigsaw Killer eh?"

Tytun
06-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Trent listened to the puppet's words and tried to take careful note of it, even though his mind was racing about in panic. A poison inside them? Floors meant for each one to do their thing? Puzzles around every corner... Closing his eyes, he took a few moments to calm his mind down. As he did so, he heard a few of the captives breaking free from their entrapment. Hearing that, he opened his eyes and then began working to free himself. Using the exact same method that Dustin did, Trent eventually managed to break free of the holds and stood up, rubbing his arms from the slight pain emanating from them.

After standing in place for a moment, he turned to face the back end of the room where the 'puzzle safe' was. Walking over to it, he bent down to his knee and began examining the different puzzles there. Which one was supposed to be his, or did it matter? More on the subject, would be the others stop bitching now and actually attempt to escape alive? He simply sighed to himself, in another attempt to calm himself down.

Shani
06-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Satine sat there listening to the creepy little doll on the television. A poision, flowing through our bodys. She thought as her breath and heart rate began to increase. She looked around at the others, most of them seemed familiar, but couldn't think of who they were. As she looked at them she realized they were scared just like she was. Satine began twisting and pulling her arms trying to break free. Finally her arms were free, "Alright now what are we supposed to do?" She questioned now that most of them were free. Though they are free from there chairs there still trapped in that room.

Pyro
06-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Faith, being small and having thin wrists, found pulling free from the chair a little more difficult than the others. But she was determined to escape by her own power and not by asking for help.

Dustin noticed the Asian girl at the right of the line was having trouble with her bindings so, being the gentleman he was (to women at least), he moved to help her.
"I can do it myself!" she snapped but Dustin helped her anyway. The girl stood up and looked him up and down.
"Wait a second..."

Faith recognized this man. She had worked with him and a few of his colleagues to make a commercial for their company. She had done the audio work, making sure everything sounded right in the ad. This particular man...she couldn't remember his first name but she remembered that he was a total jerk to her while she was working.
"I know you," she said, "You're that dick Redding, aren't you?"

Dustin wanted desperately to tell her that this was not the time for petty fighting (he too remembered her but that is not the point) but his whole head still felt ridiculously heavy...

Shani
07-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Satine was close by them so she heard there conversation. She turned and looked closer at the man, Dick Redding? That's a funny name, whatever. She thought for a moment. Then it came to her as he looked at him,Yes, I know who he is, he used to be a regular. She looked at the girl and stated, "I know him as well." she looked back at him then around the room. "There's got to be a way to get out of here." Commented Satine as she looked from various places then to the timer.

(OOC Sorry that it was so short, it's late and I have writers block. )

Tytun
08-02-2010, 05:39 AM
The commotion going on behind him clearly knocked his focus for a loop, but eventually he overcame the urge to turn and shout at them to shut the hell up. With a long sigh, he looked closer at the safe and realized that there were spots that had names on them. Looking around a bit, he found the spot that had his name and lifted the cover off. Upon seeing the 'puzzle' laid out for him, he blinked for a moment wondering if it was suppose to be this easy... Then again, all challenges usually start with an easy task. As he moved pieces around, he occasionally turned his attention to the others particularly with the astonishment on how they weren't even trying to solve their puzzles as fast as possible. Figures... Upon sliding the target piece out, he faintly heard the sound of something unlocking. Guess his part was over...
Turning back to face the others, whom he really didn't want to talk to, he made his way back to his previous prison and sat down on it. Now, it was a matter of waiting for the others to get their act together and deal with the current issue...

Pyro
08-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Faith began laughing mirthlessly.
"Of course they stick me in here with YOU!" she snapped, "What, no comment about what I'm wearing or how my hair looks? You certainly had a mouthful to say to me before!" She didn't care if she was wasting time; Faith wanted to let this jerk have a piece of her mind.

Dustin cringed away from Faith, more concerned with getting out of this building than arguing with her about something long gone. He tried to speak but the pain was too great. He instead grabbed Faith's arm and pointed to the large box on the other side of the room. He then pointed to the door and his wrist, trying desperately to convey the message that they needed to hurry up and get out. He begged her with his eyes, hoping this lack of speech was only temporary.

While the two struggled with each other, the other people in the room worked on their puzzles. With only a few catches left to be unlocked, Faith and Dustin were running out of time...

Shani
08-04-2010, 01:36 AM
As Satine looked around the room and saw a few boxes. She found the box with her name on it and opened it, then began pieceing it together. Satine looked around again, saw the timer, the other two talking, and another man was sitting where they were all chained at one point. It was lucky for her she used to solve puzzles on boring nights. Fear started taking hold of her mind, so she sped up. In dueing so she dropped a few pieces. She stuggled to relocate and pick them up, once she did she was able to finish it. After it was done, Stine heard a noise and then sat down on the ground with her head in her hands.