PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Survival, and The Throne(OOC)

jajganker
05-26-2010, 04:52 AM
The technology was my creation. It was supposed to help so many. Think! If you lost an arm, a leg, even a mere finger, you could get it back, and it would work. I was the first subject. I accidentally removed a hand. The artificial one worked like a dream. Everything was so perfect. Then, they got ahold of all of it, even the original plots for it. They had everything they needed to create the only things that could take down our airborne neighbors. This group, they don't like them either. I'm afraid I've created the tool to help destroy all of them.

6/18/1710
-An excerpt from Dr. Sollic's notes.

It has been twenty five years since Charlie Sollic's notes have been taken. The machine he had designed that could destroy the Lorican race has been created, and many who do not like the flying people have begun to use it to kill. The entire race is quickly being eradicated. Now they rarely, if ever, leave their cities. Also, these creations are also being used for widespread murder, and the hunting of Dire Wolves has become a grand past time.

However, there is a group of people comprised of those benefited by Sollic's work, Dire Wolves, and some Lorici, who hunt the makers, users, and machines themselves. They know how to destroy all three, and few hesitate.

The country is in great upheaval. There is no ruler, no law, and no punishment for wrongs. While the struggle to keep the Lorici and Dire Wolves rages, so too does the struggle for a true ruler. Many believe they will be a true leader, but few are. The only way the racial battles can be stopped is with the rise to power of a new king. Is this the end of Coraan, or is it just the beginning?

~Extra Information~

Lorican-They look mainly human, but their "coloring"(skin, hair, eyes, ect.) is usually either the color of metal(with the sheen) or that of gemstones and other precious jewels. They also have feathered wings, and typically live in cities that can only be reached by flight

Dire Wolf-Kinda like a werewolf. They're more animal, but they can function in human society. Their eyes never change, and their basic body type doesn't really change(slight, broad, strong, ect.). Also, they have canine teeth when they are human.

The Technology-It was the ability to create actual body parts out of metal. The weapon would happen to be the semblance of a controlled creature that is entirely metal. It can shoot down the Lorici. Thus, it is very dangerous.

~Rules~
1) Please use Victorian Era names. This site has a good list: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~poindexterfamily/OldNames.html
2) Romance is allowed, but anything over a kiss must be taken to PMs.
3) Violence is allowed, but try not to go too in-depth.
4) No killing other characters without permission.
5) No God Moding.
6) Try to make your characters interesting.
7) I expect at LEAST one well-written paragraph per post.
9) Proper grammar and spelling expected, and minor errors are understood.
10) No post ignoring.
11) I need to know your character's name and role once you join up. I do not need to know any more unless you use a sheet.
12) If you do not use a sheet, I require an example of your writing.

~Character Sheet~

Name~
Age~
Gender~
Race~
Profession~
Physical Appearance~
Typical Clothing~
Personality~
History~
Relationship(married? single? boyfriend/girlfriend?)~
Part in Roleplay(machine user? hopeful "king"? one of those trying to stop the machines?)~

GinormousTeddy
05-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Name~ Ezekiel
Age~ 19
Gender~ Male
Race~ Lorican
Profession~ Hunter
Physical Appearance~ Ezekiel is tall, 6'1", but weighs only 156 lbs. He has thin arms and legs, and a slim torso. He has an oval face, and high cheekbones and a straight jaw. He has a narrow nose, and thin lips. Ezekiel has glittering ruby-colored eyes under bright ruby eyebrows. His ruby-colored hair is curly and falls down to slightly below his chin. A long scar runs from his right nostril to his ear, and he is missing his right fifth finger. An 'X'-shaped scar sits on the back of his left hand.
Typical Clothing~ Ezekiel usually wears a pair of dark-brown breaches with wrappings around his ankles, and black boots over his feet. On his torso, he wears a deep blue tunic, open at the chest near the neck, and with wrappings around the wrists. A steel cross, with a diamond inset in its center, hangs from a chain around his neck. He carries a black cloak, though he prefers not to use it, because it restricts his flight abilities. Sometimes, he wears an emerald-green headband.
Personality~ Ezekiel is quiet, but friendly. He is shy, and usually does not say much. He is compassionate, and passionate, especially about his friends. He is willing to do whatever it takes to help his friends, but usually makes rash decisions. He is determined, stubborn, and once he sets his mind to something, it will hardly ever change. He also has a natural curiosity, and wants to know about everything he can. He can be quite fierce, explosive almost, when his short temper snaps.
History~ Ezekiel grew up alone. He never knew his parents, and he never knew any friends. He was forced to learn how to live on his own, and due to that, faced many hardships. Once, he tried fishing, and that resulted in a scar on his left hand. Once, he tried to hunt a great beast, and that caused a large scar to form on his right face. He even let his curiosity get the better of him, and got close to one of Sollic's machines. That was a frightening experience, and he was barely able to get out alive; his life, however, cost him a finger. Eventually, he learned to figure things out, and finally began to live a slightly happy life, considering the conditions that were present. Until he met a group of people who were trying to fight Sollic's machines. Ezekiel was amazed by the stories that the people told him, and he quickly and gladly joined them.
Relationship~ Single
Part in Roleplay~ Best Friend to jajganker's

jajganker
05-29-2010, 03:17 AM
Hey Teddy Bear.
Nice to see ya 'round.
BT Dubbs, just call me Aly, Lizz or Gan, and my character is not necessarily the main one.
Considering the nature of this Steampunk RP, there should be many characters at the front.
I'm still engineering my character.

GinormousTeddy
05-29-2010, 03:21 AM
There. I edited it, so it didn't say you were the main character. By the way, I want you to look at the character I submitted for Translucent Demon, and tell me that Hiro wouldn't want him.

jajganker
05-29-2010, 03:22 AM
*cough* We should be on-topic, but I still agree. *cough*
Anyway, mine will be up ASAP, and we'll wait for some more people before we get going.