PDA

View Full Version : [M] The Construct War [OOC]

Mr.Handsome
05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
((Rated M for violence and language))
__________________________________________________ ___________
On the continent of Yural, 3 factions vie for power. The first are the Hokandree, a race of sorcerers and mystics. Blessed with the power of foresight, the Council of Mages, lead by the Arch-Mage Decius Aurilius, saw the coming of the Construct Wars, a battle between three great empires using life forms created, instead of born, as tools of war. The Hokandree then set about creating Elemental Factories, mega-complexes using the powers of alchemy to mass produced Fire, Water, Air, and Earth Elementals by the thousands.

In response to this power grab, the Varaday Corporation began the development of their own warriors, the Mechanics: robots, infused with Plasma, a chemical derived from human blood. Empty vessels are built, filled with the Plasma, and then electrocuted, creating a living, breathing organism, ready to learn the ways of war. CEO Daniel Parthia has personally designed several different models, ranging from hulking brutes to cleverly designed spies, made to look like humans.

With the other two factions suddenly gearing for war, the Republic of Necourt unleashed their undead hordes, sparking the Construct War. Governmental Necromancers had spent decades developing techniques of bringing the dead back to serve as slaves and warriors. The main types are ‘Zombie’-The lowest form, suitable only for slavery without significant modifications, ‘Ghouls’- undead that serve as rank and file warriors and sergeants, and ‘Vampires’-Assassins and commanders of the Ghoulish hordes. Various prototypes of werewolves, mummies, boogiemen, and liches have been rumored to be produced as well.

The war raged with temporary factions and alliances being created and broken sometimes within weeks and months. No side had a clear advantage. After 6 years, Mage Initiate Max Quintus and his master received a terrible vision. Through the misuse of the life energies inhabiting all constructs, a dimensional rift had opened, bringing forth the end of Yural and the world itself. Max and his master, Brodrock, predicted that they only had months to find the spot and seal the tear in reality before it is torn asunder by the death and destruction brought on by the war. The only way it could be sealed, however, was through the peaceful cohabitation between members of the warring factions, who could, together, create a powerful enough ward to prevent the unknown demonic forces from bringing about the apocalypse.

A team must be assembled consisting of at least one construct from each faction. Then, they must journey across the war torn plains or Yural to the mountain were Max and Brodrock saw the end of the world unfold. Danger lies along the way and a heavy cost must be paid. The group will not be able to rely on the goodwill of any loyal member of their faction, as dealing with the enemy is a death sentence no matter from where a construct hails. Only skill, power, and the allies at their sides will carry the chosen few to glory and victory.

__________________________________________________ _________

A few setting notes. Constructs co-habiting may raise some eyebrows, but the populace of Yural will rarely act upon it. It’s only military that needs to be avoided if at all possible.

The technology of the day is only the very very earliest gunpowder weapons, in with the usual melee arms and magic. Guns are rare if used and fairly inefficient, taking precious minutes to reload. The Varaday Corporation would have the slightly more advanced technology, in with the Hokandree Magic and the Necourt’s use of sheer numbers.

Multiples of one race are allowed. Feel free to play any race you want no matter the roster. If races are shared between characters, they will probably have a prior relationship. Figure that out to your heart's content.

If there are any other questions shoot me a PM.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Character Sheets:
Name:
Race(Elemental, Mechanic, Undead):
Subtype (Hinted at in the description, but you can be original within reason):
Fighting Style:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Equipment:
Biography:

__________________________________________________ ______________

Standard RP rules apply
Play nice
GM is the boss
Keep initial characters simple, better gear and opportunities are guaranteed later on
Post should be a paragraph at minimum
Stay Active
Have fun, that’s an order.

Anne Bonny
05-28-2010, 07:01 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

Sigma
05-29-2010, 01:36 AM
This looks pretty interesting.

I'll try to get my character sheet up soon.

Mr.Handsome
05-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Awesome! Cool, tell your friends about us.

bluemoon
05-30-2010, 04:37 AM
I'd be willing to give this one a shot--character sheet to follow...:)

Mr.Handsome
05-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, once you guys put up character sheets, I'll put up one to balance things out. Then we can get started.

bluemoon
05-31-2010, 01:34 AM
Name:Ayame
Race: Undead
Subtype : Werewolf

Fighting Style: Ayame utilizes a variety of hand-to-hand styles of fighting-namely Judo and Tae-kwon-do.

Physical Description:http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk257/winskunas/female_werewolf4.jpg
In human form, Ayame is very slender and agile, standing at 5' 9" feet in height. Her eyes glow an orangish-brown, with dark eyebrows meeting in the middle and teeth that are brilliant white--the canines extending over her bottom lip. The palms of her hands are soft with a fine layer of blondish fur on them. She dresses completely in black, skin-tight clothing with a black cowled robe about her shoulders. On her feet are black knee-high boots tipped in silver. In wolf form, she stands upright in a crouched manner, reaching 5' 7". Her coat is a rich strawberry blonde with black guard hairs.

Personality:Ayame is slow to trust and has a fiery temper. Even in human form she is more beast-like than human--always nervous and pacing. She is very observant and intelligent.

Equipment: Razor sharp claws in wolf form on all four limbs; Blood red katana and various throwing knives in human form.

Biography: Designed by the necromancers, Ayame is one of a handfull of werewolves that were created for the Construct War. Her deceased human form was enhanced using wolf and raptor DNA, forming a wolf-like creature able to self-heal almost instantly. Her strengths are speed and agility, being able to leap over 10 feet into the air and scale buildings using her claws for purchase. She was an honored warrior in the Construct War, leading numerous troops of the undead into victorious battle, until the fated day that she struck out against her creators, tearing anyone who stood in her way to shreds. Locked away in a dungeon made of silver, she grew ill tempered and more aggressive with each passing day. After several months in prison, she was released with the stipulation that she would become a member of an elite group that would battle the demonic forces that were opening a rift into her world. Begrudgingly she obeyed the command and joined her enemies in a new war.

Mr.Handsome
05-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Accepted. As soon as Sigma gets a character up, we'll get the ball rolling. Hopefully we'll get more people along the way.

Mr.Handsome
06-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Waiting on you Sigma.

JiveRobyn
06-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Just checking in, but if this thread is still open would there be room for a mechanic character?

Mr.Handsome
06-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Go for it Jive. As soon as I can get 1 more person, I'm going to create a third character and then we can get started.

JiveRobyn
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Cool; I won't have it tonight unfortunately, but a profile should be coming your way soon.

XxGamerGirlxX
06-25-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm interested. Making a Character Sheet right now ~hippie~

XxGamerGirlxX
06-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm interested!

Name: Amata Crimson
Race: Elemental
Subtype: Fire
Fighting Style: Hand-to-Hand combat. Mostly Tae Kwon Do mixed with the art of fire, but also trains in sword-to-sword combat just incase, although she is better at hand-to-hand.

Physical Description: She is 5'9'' and is tanned. She doesn't have much curves, but makes up for it in power. She used to have long, black hair, but cut it short (ending just below her ears) when she started to train in Tae Kwon Do. She usually wears long, brick red sweat pants and a plain, V-cut, sleeveless black top. She perfers not to wear any footwear, as she wouldn't need it because the rubber would melt when she shoots fire from her feet. She always carries a specialized belt with two sword holders on each hip.

Personality: She has problems containing her emotions. Sometimes, she is over emotional, and other times she is so sad that she'd want to kill herself. She balances out her emotions by training all night or fighting. She says, "It temporarilly heals her broken heart." She is nice to almost everyone, but sometimes when she gets depressed, She can be really mean.

Equipment: Carries two short swords on either side of her hips.

Biography: A few years after she was designed and made, she went straight into training schools to fight in the Construct Wars. In less than a month, her life became fighting, sparring and training. With this, came consequences: she never learned how to use her emotions properly. When she moved up into an intermediate class a few years later, she gained interest in a man about her age named Braeden Zim. Totally stunned by his hard training and commitment to fighting for the War, she poured out her whole heart and soul to him.
At first, they became a couple, but somehow, she knew something was wrong. Somehow she knew that Braeden didn't love her as much as she loved him. After a few months of a barely improving relationship, she asked him why he hadn't kissed her during that romantic time, and why he rejected her all those times. He replied with, "Enough! You are literally driving me crazy with this 'I love you' crap! You're such a freak ant instead of making my life better, you're ruining it! I'm in love with fighting, not you! I hate you!"
Since then, she never saw Braeden again and the only thing that can keep her near him is fighting and training. To this day, she viewed training as becoming Braeden's loved one. Everytime she kicked and punched, she willed him to come back to see her, to hold her, to kiss her even if it wasn't from the heart.
After she passed the training, there was nothing for her to do until she found out where to apply to fight for her people and the love of Braeden. Now, she could be with him for the rest of her life.

Is this okay? I wasn't sure if there could be any love tension, but I think this was the best I could come up with in a mere 15-20 minutes (before my mom came home). I can alter it if 'love tension' is not allowed ~hippie~ <---- I fricken love that face!!!

JiveRobyn
06-25-2010, 10:57 PM
We only need three, correct? My character sheet is unneeded now that there's someone else up, then, I guess.

(I'm not upset at all, don't worry C: )

But I'd like to stop writing it if I don't need to create a character for this, Handsome, if you could let me in the know.

Mr.Handsome
06-26-2010, 02:21 AM
I was waiting for a three minimum, Jive. Please go a head and post if you are still interested.

Mr.Handsome
06-26-2010, 02:23 AM
GamerGirl you are good to go. I will have the IC thread up Sunday night or Monday morning, depending on work. All are still more than welcome.

Mr.Handsome
06-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Sorry, lightning struck my house and knocked out the internet. It might be a few more days before I start the IC.

XxGamerGirlxX
06-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Kk. No problem ~hippie~ and sorry about that Jive ~puff~

Mr.Handsome
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=253410#post253410

There it is. I left the intro pretty bare bones so if anybody has a question, feel free to ask.

Mr.Handsome
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been able to continue this one along. Life and such. I'll probably be gone for a few weeks at least. I'm sorry I couldn't be around to see this one full filled. Thanks to everyone who showed interest. Feel free to make up something and keep playing. I would hate for an interesting setting to go to waste on my account.

bluemoon
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Mr.Handsome--without your presence, the RP really cannot continue, as least in my opinion. With that said, I am backing out as well. It is unfortunate as this was the last RP I was a part of and I had high hopes for it--so far every RP I have joined has ended very early on.

XxGamerGirlxX
07-10-2010, 02:39 AM
-tear- I am resigning -sob- Why did it have to die early?!?!?!?! It was only a child -chokes on a sob- :(