PDA

View Full Version : George's Storm

LightingStrikes
05-27-2010, 11:24 PM
I want your opinion is anyone interested in doing this type of a story with me? Inside the Spoilers you will see what kind of writer I am or can be! Would love your ideas as this story is NOT fully developed.

PG 13

George's Storm- George is a simple farmer who has a past no one yet knows from the small village. He sees his small village being attacked and people being killed etc, a few survive. Deciding it was time to buy help for his farm he pays a visit to his brother, receives 1 woman as a gift from his brother, and purchases two slaves one to work on the farm along side of him and the other to keep the woman company can be a child old enough to talk, or another woman. Other characters may come into play depending on how the story folds out.

This story has the potential to become violent and some scenes that are best left to suggestions rather than flat out spelling it out in full detail- I don't write those scenes in full detail, just enough so someone who is old enough knows what is going on.

It had been a dark and stormy week, raining all week the children in
the village were happy to be out playing and running and jumping and
tossing a ball back and forth for enjoyment. The Village was owned by
a wicked King who wanted more and more taxes, taxes the people just couldn't afford to keep up. They were all good people, the Baker in the village, to the Butcher, to the clergy man in the church.

A big strong man came walking down the road he looked angry and when all the children saw him they ran away, some were bold enough to tease this man. This man you see had been hurt badly by the village people, when he was away at work, his home caught on fire and not a one of them did anything to try and save his wife or daughter. So in his
eyes, these people could all go to hell. The truth was the village had tried to save them the only way they knew how, which was to draw water from the lake forum up a line and pour out the water onto the flames, still that did not save his wife or daughter and he grew a mean heart. Even towards his late brother's wife Karen and their little girl.

Steven unlocked his door to his home and then walked in shut it, and locked the village's sounds out of his mind, he went to his bed fell onto it and cried his eyes out. Everyday this man came home to an empty home, this man came home to no wife and no child, only a short few years ago did he have a happy family and life style.

In the distance about 100 soldiers were riding towards the village, for you see they had not paid their taxes one too many times, and now the King was going to teach the Village a lesson. The captain of the mission stopped short when he recognized his own village "before you kill any woman or child they must be brought before me. The men are to go up for auction if they look healthy enough, if they don't send them to the slaughter house, but do not under any circumstance's touch that house. He pointed to the house he grew up in, not realizing it held Karen or her daughter. "I will deal with those people on my own. Torch the village, and slay the ones that fight back." The soldiers nodded and got ready, they understood their command and would follow it out, strike anyone who fought back, but not the woman or children, they belong to their Captain.

In the distance of the small village was a big hill, you could just barely hear the goings on in the small village, a man sat propped up using the tree for support he was reading and this was his property. He heard the screams of people crying for help, but he couldn't help them, risk his own life, he saw his Kings soldiers and sighed. Another village whipped out because of taxes. he thought to himself. This might be a good time to make his way to the Big City and purchase that female slave he had been wanting, that he could help the village survive if he chose a female, he had enough room for four slaves.

Standing before the small village of Canseri George a Farmer near by sighed, he had come down to buy bread and cheese but he found the market place shattered and torn, he also saw many villager’s dead, so that is where the soldiers had gone too. George frowned not a one was a live. He heard what he thought was a baby crying but then he found a young girl clutched to her mama. “Mama… wake up…” The little girl cried. “Papa’s dead, big brother is dead… please mama I need you.” the young girls eyes filled with tears.

George was taken aback, how did this young girl survive all the odds, and hadn’t been taken for a slave yet. George came to the young one who cried out and tried to run but she tripped and fell and twisted her ankle George said nothing but lifted the young one into his arms. “Your mother is gone child.” George whispered softly as he carried her to his farm, he placed her down on a bed in the back room, there were enough for three more people. “You’ve twisted your ankle, now you’ll have to stay with me until it heals.”

George was a tall man and had brown hair and brown eyes, he was incredibly strong thanks to his time on the farm, and he was quick with a weapon in his hand, it wouldn’t matter what weapon it was, knife, sword or gun, he had time to practice. George placed an ice pack on the girl and sighed. “What happened in the village he asked?”

“Taxes weren’t paid the King made an example of us.” The girl whispered “Mama told me to run, I ran expecting her to be behind me but she wasn’t must have stayed with dad.. Are you going to keep me?” she asked looking up at George.

“Just until your ankle heals then you may go on and go to your remaining family, if there is any.”

The young girl shook her head no “I don’t have any family, mama and papa were all I had.” the young girl was old enough to know how things worked in life when someone caught you that meant you were that person’s slave. “Am I a slave now?” She asked she winched a little in pain at the ankle’s tugging.

George stared at this little one, so young and brave and afraid all at once when she asked if she was a slave George’s arched an eyebrow up and looked at her and smart. “I caught you yes, but that dose not mean you are a slave young one. What is your name?” George asked softly. George smiled friendly like as not to frighten the child, she was in his house now, he owned her those were the rules but he would not make her feel owned, he did not buy her.

Anna Marie looked up at the man who had saved her life. “Anna Marie.” she whispered sniffling she was sad because her mother was dead her father was no where to be seen and now she was owned, she was child, but she was not stupid she knew the rules. She sighed “Anna Marie McKinley.” She sniffled again.

George’s eyes grew wide. “The baker’s child?” he asked softly Anna nodded softly. “I liked your old man. He was a good and kind man, I am sorry for your lost young one.” George sat down next to her and remained quiet. For the Baker’s sake George would take care of the ten year old girl, he was not sure on how to raise children, but for his friend’s sake he would try. “You know I was a weekly visitor in your papa’s store, he told me about you, said you like little dollies?” whispered George “When I go to the next village over I will get you one, but you must stay behind me and stay hidden and act like a slave when you are in public for if you don’t bad men will want to take you for their own and use you as… well as grown men would use grown women.”

Anna Marie stayed quite and rested her head on the pillow provided and cried herself to sleep, she slept a long time, a full evening, George checked in on her twice, maybe three times in the night to make sure she was alright. He softly placed a blanket over her when she started to shiver. He would legally have to adopt this one, his brother wouldn’t understand the loyalty towards a fallen foe. To George though only nodded softly.

When she was ready to leave George had a wagon and a horse hooked up to it, he would not make Anna Marie walk ten - fifteen miles to the castle, there would be no point. “Now Anna Marie, if anyone ask you who you belong to my name is George, Dad or master, preferably the first two, and I understand that dad is a sacred word.” George whispered gently the rode off towards his brother’s home.

George sighed as they pulled his cart and horse into a spot, he paid a boy to watch over it. “And five more gold coins when I come back, and if everything is still in tact.” The boy’s eyes grew wide and nodded he understood this man wanted his belongings safe. George saw the paddy wagon filled with prisoners just pulling up, some even from the village near where he had met. His eyes grew wide, it was not like his brother not to take care of putting them into cells right away. He could hear the slaves with in crying for mercy and water, as the men walked by them it reaked and most people wouldn’t even stay for a chat. George sighed “Come along Anna Marie.”

“George…” Anna Marie whispered frightened, that could be her in there she grabbed her master’s arm and cowered in them, she did not want to see anyone from that village she wanted to remember them the way they were, with pride and clean.

George stopped and looked at a lazed solider and shook his head “Wake up fool.” the prisoners inside the padded wagon turned to see George, and a few of them even recognized Anna Marie. “Wake up I say… Good god man, get these people some fresh water and a shower, the king’s orders!” George snapped and showed his brother’s ring, this showed that he had the right to authorize orderds about, not many people knew this. “Make sure they are fed and placed in suitable holding cells until auction time.”

“Yes… yes sir.” The soldier saluted then hollered for a few near by and they began to help him.

“Anna…” a weak voice called for her but his voice was so weak she would not hear her father calling for her. “Anna Marie…” The Baker saw George the man who had his daughter and sighed, at least he knew she would be safe, whatever happened to him, she would be safe.

Name: George

Likes: To read, help others when needed, the company of a nice lady, company of his own kind. Having his own freedoms to do as he pleases, right now he pleases to hide and not be whom he is meant to be.

Dislikes: Disobedience of slaves or any one he has authority over. Being tied down to pacific duties. Things he dose not understand fully.

The Rules

All normal RPA rules apply.
No Godmodding
No Metagaming.
No controlling or killing another player’s character without permission
Have Fun

bleed_it_out33
05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
this sounds cool, i am interested in this kind of story.

LightingStrikes
05-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Great Let's leave this open for the weekend I will be back sometime Monday and then we can get started, I hope to have lots of interest, if not then you and I will get started on it!

Meantime anyone who is interested can send me there character sheet and and Idea to add to the story... really I am opened to just about anything I have no idea where this story will lead us!

I have already placed a few characters in the story and if you want them (all but George, I play George and his brother because I know the history... and I will add a spoiler about that soon), let me know. If you have an idea that could be added to this story I will be interested in knowing.

John
06-07-2010, 08:03 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

LightingStrikes
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
What do you mean? Remember I am still new here and don't spend a lot of time on this board, if you'd like to move it to where there is a better spot for it, you have my permission to do so, just let me know where it is through PM so I can locate it easily! :)