Leongarde VS Disgeran

Post Limit: 10 per participant - - - - - - Time Limit: Saturday 04/05/2013
Maximum time in between posts: 48 hours

Map:
http://imageshack.us/a/img402/5783/rpabattlelocalmapleonga.jpg

Armies:
Leongarde
Commander: General Leonard Kilvas & King Reinard Lionheart
Army: Footmen, Berserkers, Knights, Shieldguard, Archers, Musketeers, Lionhearted, Warsmiths, Suit-At-Arms

Disgeran
Commander: Daemon Cretoris, Consumer of the Night
Army: Heretic Footmen, Heretic Archers, Ascended Footmen, Blackguard, Warlocks, Demons

Participants:
Leongarde
Sogarr Bonescream (Cfavano) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1309239&viewfull=1#post1309239)
Sieglinde von Hohengrad (CrestOfArtorias) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1309786&viewfull=1#post1309786)
Angélique Adele Archambault (Mar) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1363812&viewfull=1#post1363812)
Llinos Llewellyn (Nicky) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1365026&viewfull=1#post1365026)
Conán Ó Dubhghaill (roke) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1365675&viewfull=1#post1365675)

Disgeran
Verminathras (Jacogos) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1021252&viewfull=1#post1021252)
Gyle Whittlesworth (The Imposter) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1137360&viewfull=1#post1137360)

GM:
E1Alpha

Posting Order
Determined by rolls from 1 to 100. Highest go first.
Nicky (95)
|
Cfavano (88)
|
Jacogos (50)
|
roke (47)
|
The Imposter (46)
|
Mar (42)
|
CrestOfArtorias (34)
|
E1Alpha (GM)

Introductions:
An omnious crow flew over the thick wall surrounding all of Leongarde, frightened by the sound of metal plates and blades clanging against eachother, full metal soldiers marching and siege weaponry being prepared. General Kilvas was just speaking some courage into a squad of footmen, for whom morale had dropped below zero after having witnessed the immortal Vanguard being taken down by Cretoris, the same beast that marches to their border at that moment, and made no attempt at hiding his approach. Trees shook left and right in the distance, as the dark sky that marked his presence lingered on the horizon.

It was not until the sudden sound of hooves that attention of some soldiers was diverted from the battle they were about to face. Riding atop an armored white horse, King Reinard himself came into the military encampment. "General!" General Kilvas turned around, his eyes widening as he immediatly lowered to his knee. "Your majesty. I would not advise you stay here for the battle. We cannot asure your safe-" The king immediatly cut off the elder general. "General. What kind of king would I be, to let my countrymen fight a dark shadow, threatening our nation, which has consumed too many of our numbers and land before. No, General. Today, I fight alonside my countrymen." The elder general knew better than to object his king's will, but he did not like it at all. "As you wish, your majesty, but at the very least, do not join the assault in the frontlines. Were you to fall, then the hope of these soldiers would vanish aswell." A silence that lasted a good ten seconds followed, before the king dismounted, nodding. "Very well then."

Before the two men could continue their conversation, a dark, hollow and bone chilling horn sounded in the distance. A war horn. General Kilvas and King Reinard exchanged simple nods. Kilvas immediatly attended to setting up their first lines of defenses, ordering musketeers and archers up onto the wall, shieldguard up in front, followed by footmen and berserkers.

The king in the meantime stepped up onto the walls, before turning to his troops down below, his lungs filling with air. "Soldiers of Leongarde! Hear me! We are the bulwark of this world. Its unbreakable defenders. And it is about time that we prove it. The shadow looming at our borders will be our testament to our strength! To our valor!" He took a moment to gaze over his troops, before Reinard grasped the handle of his blade. "Fight hard. Fight brave. And defeat these monsters, for now, Ko'Rhas, the great lion fight alongside us! For Leongarde, and for Ko'Rhas!" The soldiers down below repeated in unison, before moving into place, the army preparing themselves as the Disgeran troops came marching out of the woods.

With the ground rotting, and the sky darkening with his every step, the new and evolved Daemon Cretoris marched headlong through the woods, knocking trees aside left and right, as the legion of heretics, ascended, warlocks and demons followed in his wake, marching through the woods like a dark pilgrim. Quiet chanting were echoing between the trees, praises to their dark god, and the blessing he brought over Cretoris.

As the troops were marching, a winged creature descended through the woods and landed on the ground next to Cretoris, marching alongside him. The being was a woman, half-naked as only her most vital parts were just barely covered by dark, bone like armor, her demonic wings folded together at her back. Shyvarrah let out a giggle as she looked at Cretoris. "My... I knew you were power hungry, but absorbing the strength of a demi-god. Quite impressive." Cretoris did not even give the succubus a glance as he answered, his voice booming loud enough for his army to hear. "Not even gods scare me, seductress. I have ascended to a demi god, and by the power gifted to me by the Chaos spectre, I shall ascend to, or above the Meragaia!" Shyvarrah sighed, shrugging. "Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Don't forget where your power comes from, Nightbringer." With that, the Succubus once more took off, disappearing into the sky as she flew towards Leongarde once more.

"I will not forget, seductress... Not yet..." Cretoris then turned his attention behind him. "Blow the horn! Let Leongarde know their time has come!" An ascended soldier nodded, as he rushed ahead, taking a crude, boney horn, placing it between his lips and blowing it, sounding the dreaded sound echoing outwards. It was the sound of doom, as Disgeran forces finally left the woods, marching out onto an open field, with a lake on the side, and ahead of them, the wall standing between them and the Leongardian capital.
With a single raised hand, Cretoris caused his entire army to stop dead in its tracks as he stepped forward, gazing out towards the Leongardian defenses, grinning beneath his twisted helmet.

Battle Start:

Daemon Cretoris now stood in front of his army, his sights locked upon the defences before him. "Leongarde!" His voice echoed out. "Today will be your undoing! Today, the shadow comes to your doorstep! Your champions have all fallen before my might! And today shall be no different! Give in to the shadow! Give in to the darkness... For the hour of reckoning..." Cretoris rose his blade up, the sky churning with dark clouds, as that same dark skull appeared, screeching out as the darkness sought to consume the entire sky. "... has... COME!" He then aimed his blade towards the Leongardian wall, the shadows in the sky rushing forward to take away the light once more.

King Reinard gazed at the dark knight on the far side of the fields, narrowing his eyes, before he took a deep breath. "A warrior who needs fear to win, is a coward... A general, who cannot survive except by consuming another's power, is weak... Weakness and cowardice are that which the Leongardian army does not know... By my jurisdiction, and that of all of Leongarde, aswell as that of the mighty Ko'Rhas... Your darkness... shall not... persist... TODAY!" With that, Reinard drew his blade, whose metal screeching seemed to immediatly transform into the thundering roar of a lion. Reinard rose the blade high up, as slowly, the blue, spectral image, of a massive lion appeared in the sky above the Leongardian defenses. The spectral beast leaped forward, immediatly halting the darkness in its tracks, as its furious gaze set upon the dark troops beneath them. As Reinard then spoke up, the mouth of lion spirit of Ko'Rhas moved aswell, sending a thundering voice echoing out. "Come then, consumer of the night. Come and face judgement. We. Do not. Fear you!"

Cretoris's breathing became fast paced, as it was obvious he was getting furious, before he roared out, shadows erupting around him. "DESTROY THEM!" With that, the hordes of Disgeran troops rushed forward, heretics running headlong to their doom as demonic beasts joining in after them. The Leongardian shieldguard bracing themselves for impact, as marksmen and archers let loose. General Kilvas stood a few lines behind the front troops, calling out. "Hold your position! Lock your shields together! Swords at the ready! Do not allow this defensive line to be broken!"

The battle had begun, and neither side would allow defeat...

Nicky
04-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Llinos swallowed and shook in place. This was her first engagement, and she was scared and nervous out of her wits. She had thrown up twice already out of nerves and fear. She wasn't a fighter, and was quick to regret her decision to be here. "O, pam fi? Gobeithio nad wyf yn gadael i unrhyw un i lawr ...*" She sets her eyes firm, looking at the Reinard, her king. "Mae'n rhaid i mi fod yn ddewr, os nad i mi, ac yna i bawb arall! Am leongarde!**" She takes out her flute and begins playing the Leongarde song of courage, their national anthem. Anyone who can hear it, is instantly filled with courage, and all fear and doubt is washed away.

(* Oh, why me? I hope I don't let anyone down...)
(**I must be brave, if not for me, then for everyone else! For leongarde!)

Cfavano
04-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Sogarr, the barbarian warrior, looks upon his foes. He grinds his sharpened fangs in anticipation, clenching and unclenching his fist about the handles of his club and shield. His rage builds as his blood pumps. "Today shall be the day in which I get revenge for Arduin, and all my fallen Lionhearted brothers... For leongarde!" He roars, and the other barbarians and Lionhearted roar.

Jacogos
04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
As darkness descended on Leongarde, so, too, did corruption spread through the fertile land. A plague of unholy magic had begun spreading through the local fauna, starting in Lion Woods, spreading through to Lionglade and now flowing into Leongarde, slowly but surely. Verminathras headed this plague, of course, slowly spreading his taint into the heart of the kittens' territory.

Now, the Avatar of Decay stood amongst the warlocks of Disgeran, finishing up his preparations for step 1 of his plan for taking Leongarde.

"Hehehe... Soon...." Verminathras hissed to himself, gaining a bark of approval from Tisiphone, one of his plaguehounds. "Oh hush you," he snapped at the hounds, shooing them off. "You have your jobs." Barking their acknowledgment, the three plaguehounds loped towards the edges of the warlock group, set to patrol the area for any who might foolishly try to disturb them.

"Now... Fellow warlocks!" Verminathras called, holding aloft his staff and free arm to gather their attention. "I offer a plan for us! With me as our guide, we may call forth one of the greater demons from our realms, a plague colossus that will grant us one more step towards victory!" He paused in his shouts to jab his staff into the ground, upon which a large summoning circle was inscribed with the proper glyphs for such a calling.

"Do this with me, and I ensure you live to see another sunrise," he finished sinisterly. His hounds snarled as punctuation for his insinuated threat.

roke
04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Somewhat behind the main ranks, Conan stands in line, and takes a swig from a glass bottle. "Aye, tha's the stuff right there for sure.' One of the knights nudges him. "Are you mad? No, you're intoxicated!" "Aye, that I am me boy-o." The knight is flabbergasted. "How can you fight in your condition? You're a disgrace to the Leongardian army!" "Ah, up yers, ye bloody tin-can wearin' blighter! I always have a drop 'o the craythur ev'ry time I fight, fer sure." he hiccups. "Blocks the pain right sure. An' it do wonders fer me focus, too." The knight shakes his head. "You are just...wrong." Conan gives him the middle finger.

The Imposter
04-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Gyle moved with the heretic soldiers, a giant wave of flesh that was on its way to crashing against the Leongarde defense. The thief found himself fixated on the massive blue beast in the air. It's hollow eyes looking out against the forces he was aligned with. Had he been a weaker man, he may have found himself trying to escape. This battle however was that of legends...and of course the riches that would be left. The Disgeran never held the same appreciation that Gyle had for such material wealth. As the throng continued its way to clash against its enemy a succession of gunshots rang out. Relatively only a small amount. Aye. A pocket o' da marksmen. Spreadin' dem all out behind that wall o' shields. In a twisted response several of the heretics slumped to the ground their bodies continuing to move even with the gaping holes in them. A head splintered beside the moving rogue and pieces of brain and blood danced wildly in the air no longer held prisoner in the warrior's skull. Some of the new escapees found solace clinging Gyle's cloak.

The sound was reminiscent to Gyle, instantly recalling a small job in Leongarde years before. The sounds of gunshots rang out in the streets as he ran away with his loot. A small smirk juxtaposed itself beside the carnage all around the thief and he quickened his pace to meet another heretic. Gyle couldn't help but notice how the face of the man beside him betrayed the same emotion the rogue had. Obviously we ain't tinkin' o' the same thing. 'Nuff of the reminiscing, gots ta focus.

His hands showed no sign of anxiety and worked steadily as he loaded a small bolt into his crossbow. Like all his small bolts the tip was coated in a paralytic, in the rogue's mind the dark residue pleaded for a target. Gyle not wanting to keep the poison waiting raised the small crossbow and fired it off at one of the shieldguard preventing the Disgeran forces to break through. As the bolt was released Gyle quickly ducked and began to reload his trusty weapon.

Mar
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Angélique stands with her fellow musketeers on the ramparts surrounding leongarde. The order had not yet been to make ready, so several musketeers were actually resting or smoking, as the Disgerani forces were not at all in range. Or were they? A shot rings out, startling quite a few of the musketeers, as one of the Ascended footmen officers fall on to the green. Her commander goes over to her and begins yelling at her. "Oh, vous tairez-vous, vous l'idiot?" She says as she reloads. Her weapon is one of the newer models being circulated in the army. The impending doom has made it a rare sight, but they are given to excellent marksmen.

It is as long as the standard musket, but instead of loading from the muzzle, a lever on the bottom opens up a breech, into which the shooter inserts a cartridge (http://www.vangargoyle.com/sharps/54carts.jpg) which consists of a minie ball, and a packet of powder wrapped in paper. Closing the breech, the shooter cocks the hammer, and puts on a percussion cap, which is a brass cap that contains a chemical that, when struck, creates a spark. This creates a waterproof seal, and makes the weapon less likely to misfire. Another addition to the rifle was striations on the inner part of the barrel, which causes the minie ball to spin, improving accuracy.

Finishing her loading, she takes aim again, her one open eye shifting form to that of an eagle's. "Qui va-t-il être, qui va-t-il être?" She smiles as she sights her target. A blackguard captain. "Il y a ma chienne." She pulls the trigger an the hammer strikes the percussion cap, which ignites the cartrige, sending the ball spiraling out of the barrel, and through the air. The ball cuts a swathe through the air, as it spins towards it's target. The unsuspecting Captain looks towards the wall as the ball enters through his visor and through his left eye, spraying blood and bits of eye out of his visor. "Vous a reçus." She says as she reloads.

CrestOfArtorias
04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
A group of young knights had gathered around Sieglinde, all of them former students of her.
Many of them looked scared or uneasy, while she stood in their center, stalwart like a mountain, unwilling to grant the enemy victory even as she was speaking to her students.

"Magister, c-can we even win this battle?" One of the youngest among the knights asked the question pretty much everyone wanted to ask. A sudden silence plagued the group that had gathered and all eyes were looking at her. Her face was an understanding one, her hand resting on his shoulder she answered. "Thou fearest our enemy? Fearest for thine mother, sister or brother aye?" The young lad looked down in shame, but nodded. "That is good," she said and many of the young knights looked confused. "It means thou art not stupid, for thou knowest that in battle nothing is certain. But thou shouldst rejoice for this is also true for our enemy. Aye large is their lot and dark their cause, but even now, with all their twistedness, all their foul magick, all their lack of honor and all their masses, their victory is not certain." The lad looked up, it was like there was a spark in his eyes, she could see it, it was in all the young mens faces now, so she continued, adressing all of them with her strict voice, all of them were oh so familiar with.
"Truely our enemy can not be certain of victory, for they stand before our forces, we are the stalwart defenders, the pack of the devine beast, the apex predator of the heavens, the king amongst kings, we are blessed by his grace, blessed with his fury," in that moment as if a small aspect of Kho'ras's grace had touched her, the men were unable to turn away from her, or even doubt her words, even those that stood next to the group were captured by her speech.
"Yes, our enemy can not be certain of victory, they will crush against our shields again and again, like waves against a mountain, their assault will shatter before our collective will, their forces will be deafeated today, for they stand before the mighty forces of Leongarde!" She was screaming the last words of her speech, raising her first into the air. "To battle, to victory! Roar mighty Leongarde!!"

All men that had heared her speech were roaring their battlecries as with one voice and the soldiers were brimming with confidence. As the men turned away to mount their horses or to rejoin their ranks, to rain down death and destruction upon the vile beasts of Disgeran, Katharina, Sieglinde's squire brought forth her mistress's horse Stardancer. In a bow of courtesy she said: "a fine speech ma Sera, thou hast saved their morale." Sieglinde mounted her horse and grabbed her spear, she smiled at her squire," We did our duty, as they will do theirs. The mighty lion will watch over us and will guide us to victory, there is no room for doubt child." Katharina's face was radiant with joy and pride, "we shall defeat the darkspawn and shall cast them back into the abyss where they belong!" Saying this she grabbed her sword and shield and marched towards her battle group.

Sieglinde watched her go from the top of her saddle, she stood besides the knights of Leongarde, all good and honorable men and she was certain, the great lion would guide each and everyones blade today.
Leongarde would prevail and their enemy would run in fear for being consumed by their collective rage, but none would survive.

E1Alpha
04-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Battle Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcoOmrjUJyE)

Finally, after the long anxious charge across the plains, the heretical armies clashed with the shieldguard, throwing themselves to their death, serving as they should: A meatshield, as ascended demonic footmen, and summoning felguards came rushing forward aswell, roaring out.
Kilvas was aware of this however, watching the demons approach. He knew that no ordinary footman could stand against them, thus he was dependant on the valor and strength of the Leongardian knights. Turning to them, he rose up his hands. "Knight! Lances at the ready! Shields up!" The lines of knights would follow the commands eagerly, preparing themselves, yet staying still in place, as heretic after heretic fell, occasionally lucky enough to take down a Leongardian soldier with them, but waiting slowly for the demons to approach. Once the demonic beasts were close enough, Kilvas called out. "Open up the lines! Knights! Charge! Bring down these horrors!"
His attention then turned to the marksmen. "Musketeers! Focus your fire upon the beasts, support our champions!"
In response to his commands, three rows opened up in the defensive lines, soldiers parting to make a narrow way, as knights spurred their horses into action, calling out. "For Leongarde! Charge!" With that, the narrow rows were soon getting filled by charging knights, set to trample any heretic that crosses their path and to bring down the demonic beasts. The musketeers on the walls, redirected their aims at the demons, seeking to pump them full of lead and support their mounted countrymen.

Kilvas turned around to the troops behind the wall, nodding at King Reinard, who stood there, mounted atop his horse. The king nodded in return before he turned to the troops. "Prepare the ballistas! We'll send them our flaming greetings! When fire sets to their heretical armies, it is our time to act to soldiers. Our knights are our line breakers. At Kilvas's signal, our Shield Guard shall break the defensive line, and it shall be you who will have to guide our kingdom to victory. Show no fear. Show no mercy. For Ko'Rhas fights with us. Lionhearted and berserkers! Set yourself upon the walls, our warsmiths shall summon bridges down from them. Flank the heretics from the sides! You have your orders. Get in position!" King Reinard spurred his horse as he rushed to the side. Lionhearted and berserkers set themselves ready on the walls, behind the marksmen and archers, as warsmiths joined them, preparing a spell to conjure up a bridge to allow the Leongardian troops to descend from the walls and charge the Disgeran troops from the side.

On the other side of the frontier, warlocks quickly followed Verminathras' instructions, gathering up to set in motion the summoning of their new creature.
Cretoris hardly paid any attention to it however, his eyes scanning the horizon, before he chuckled, the laughter echoing within his helmet. Looking down at a group of heretics that charged past him, he pounded his fist into the ground, a dark shadow draining the men of their souls, fusing them into Cretoris, channeling into his blade. "Now.... Your lives are mine... Let this darkness strike at their core!" He then rose his blade, as dark shadowy tendrils came rushing over the Disgeran troops, heading straight for the archers and marksmen on the wall, the sharpened tendrils seeking to dig into the their bodies to instantly kill them. One of the tendrils sought to dig into Angélique's chest aswell, being one of the unlucky ones to be picked out for today's sacrifice.

Nicky
04-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Llinos screams in surprise at the initial clash. The demons charging, and the frightful presence of Cretoris, the man-monster who slaughter many of leongarde's mightiest heroes proves too much for her frail show of bravery to overcome. She begins running away but trips. "Ow...." She says as she gets up. She then turns toward the knights and other soldiers bravely advancing, and then hides behind a rock. Tears start to form in her eyes. "Rwy'n ofnus ... dim ond llwfrgi gwaedlyd ...*" She then begins weeping and trembling in earnesy.

(* I'm scared... Nothing but a bloody coward...)

Cfavano
04-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Sogar waits on the wall. He is getting impatient, however. "Waiting, waiting, nothing but waiting! It's infuriating!" He yells at the Warsmiths. "Hurry it up! You're delaying our glory, and giving the Disgerani animals time to prepare their foul magic!" Sogarr beas his weapon against his shield in a rhythm. Soon, one after another, the lionhearted, barbarians, and berzerkers join in. Their pounding, like the drumbeat of war, makes thunderous noise.

Jacogos
04-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Verminathras led the conjuring himself, standing within the circle as the 'rune' began to glow. Surrounding him were the other warlocks, chanting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3mwPfqu_3Y) the mantra necessary for the spell to complete. Dark energies swirled around all participating, Verminathras sporting a sickly green glow as he directed their energies into his own purpose.

"Soon..." the plaguecaster murmurs, his staff slowly beginning to tap its butt end on the ground in rhythm to the chanting. He muttered the chant himself every so often, his staff beginning to etch new marks into the rune as needed, directing the flow of summoning magic the way he wanted it. The demon he wanted was big... and it was coming soon.

Meanwhile, Verminathras's plaguehounds prowled the edges of the warlock group, their eyes tight on the walls of Leongarde. Nothing would get close to the spellcasters without them noticing. Of course, the hounds were mainly focused on the Lionhearted, which seemed to preparing to flank the Disgerans.

roke
04-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Conan throws away his bottle an begins walking forward. "Aw'righ ye bloody felchers! Time to taste a bit 'o me wrath!"
Pushing through several lines of leongardians, Conan grabs on to the sides of a heretic's hear, and raises his knee as he pulls the unfortunate man's head down. The two forces collide with enough force to smash the heretic's face in scattering blood and teeth. The next heretic to come into his path is a female one. Conan grins and then laugh. "A mere lass? Lass, I never hit a girl before, but I'll make a exception for ye." She leaps at him and raises her sword to strike, but her kicks her between the legs, causing her to cry out, and fall to her knees. Conan picks up her own sword, and kicks her on to her back. "Here, ye dropped this." He shoves it into her groin and up into her body, killing her instantly.

He beats his chest. "C'mon! Who else wants some?!"

The Imposter
04-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Fear and horror are the tools with which we shape this world to our image.

The words crept into the rogue's mind, rooting themselves deeply. A feeling stirring up within him and he wasn't exactly sure why. The bubbling rage slowly directed itself towards the nation he was facing against. Leongarde...they stand in defiance, their wills resistin' our tools. It'll be in vain. Can't let these beasts git away with their arrogance. Hidin' on their wall.... The growing hatred could only be explained as the first sense of faction pride blooming in the heart of the thief.

As Gyle looked around at the battle everything began to fall neatly into place. In the organized chaos of the war the thief became aware of the fact he was still unnoticed. Orders were being barked out from the enemy as the ascended soldiers pressed closer to the shieldguard. The blue beast was locked in the sky above with the encroaching darkness. On the wall musketeers focused on the ascended, while others were focused elsewhere. The knights behind the armored defenders began to make their charge. Heretics and soldiers alike were deadlocked in the heat of the battle. Amidst the clash of metal and flesh the rogue found himself in the perfect opportunity. The shieldguard shifted creating a narrow path for the mounted warriors to rush through....

Unwilling to let the chance go by the rogue with the sight gifted by the Spectre of Chaos slung his heavy crossbow and aimed his bolt to make sure his shot would be precise. The timing and angle being taken into consideration carefully before the expert marksmen released the trigger sending the bolt soaring forward.

The large bolt split through the air towards its target: The knight's horse leading the charge as it approached the shieldguard. Gyle grinned at the potential success of causing such a catastrophe. The bolt would cause the steed to fall and crash into one the narrow openings the Leongarde warriors had created, perhaps even causing the felled beast to slam into the shieldguard beside it.

CrestOfArtorias
04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
**DELETED DUE TO POSTING ORDER**

Mar
04-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Angelique scans the battlefield for her next target when she notices the tendrils heading right for her. "Merde sainte!" She jumps to the side and it barely misses her, instead hitting the man behind her who was yelling at her. She looks at the now dead man. "Je m'excuse, le camarade. Mais c'est la vi." Getting up on one knee, she aims from behind the wall, giving off a very small target. She scans the lines for more officers, but then notices one disgerani soldier is trying to remain unnoticed. She sees him aim at the lead knight with his crossbow, and she takes aim. She fires right before he does, aiming not for him, but for the bolt he fired, attempting to hit it in mid-flight before it could do what Gyle wanted.

CrestOfArtorias
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
With thundering hooves Sieglinde and her fellow knights charged over the battlefield through the gaps that had opened in the Shieldguards line of defense. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ) Forming into wedges they encountered the enemy frontlines quickly.Sieglinde's spear pierced an unlucky Heretic's chest and lifted the body into the air, only to discard it moments later, bringing the spear over quickly and gripping the handle short she used the blades mounted sideways on her spear to rip a man open from the stomach to the neck, another one that was lucky enough to survive the charge of her leading knight was trampled by Stardancer and the horses following her.

A Disgerani Soldier clad in black armor threw himself against the knight infront of her and managed to dismount him and was upon the soldier almost immediatly. Heaving his heavy mace high above his head, he sought to crush the Leongardian that desperately tried to get out his sword. With a grunt that sounded satisfied the creature was about to make its move, however his brute assault did not happen. The creature stared in disbelief at what was left of its arms, the lower arms were gone, turning its head to the side the last thing it could see was the icy tip of Sieglinde's magical spear that pierced its skull. Bringing her horse around she briefly looked at the knight.

"On your feet soldier, make for the defensive line, rejoin our brothers in defense!" Stardancer was skitting as her rider forced her around to rejoin the charge while it still had momentum. As the other riders around her grabbed their javelins and discarded their lances she put her magic lance into its fitting mounted alongside her saddle and also grabbed for the javelins. It was about to rain death and destruction upon the ranks behind the charged frontline. Aiming in an angle she threw the arm-length wooden projectile at the enemy, as always nimble and accurate and readied herself for the command to regroup. They would grant the horde no pause, they would perish today for Ko'Rhas was with them.

E1Alpha
04-17-2013, 12:32 PM
"Silence, warrior." The warsmith snapped towards Sogarr, narrowing his eyes. "We have our orders. You are not to engage until the signal is given." With that, the warsmith focused on the task at hand once more, as berserkers and lionhearted anxiously waited to have their revenge for the Lion Woods and Lionglade.

Conan's challenge echoed across the battlefield, only silenced by the clashing of metal, the ripping of flesh and the breaking of bones. But his challenge did not remain unanswered, as a large demonic entity (http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3415/demoncutoutcopy1lh.jpg) rose up to the man's challenge, ripping a poor Leongardian footman that got caught out of position in half with his upper pair of arms, while having the lower pair, wait eagerly for a victim. The blood red, fiery beast roared out, before it charged towards the drunken warrior, seeking to lash out towards the man with one of his lower claws, while an upper hand of his tried to grasp the warrior and pound him into the ground.

Angélique's shot was a good attempt, but impossible for even one with double her skill, as her shot went completely astray, missing its target. This caused the rogue's bolt to dig into the body of one of the charging horses, who cried out in pain as it kept on going for a few meters, before it collapsed forward, crushing a Leongardian soldier beneath it as the knight went hurdling through the air, crashing into the Disgeran ranks, where he was easily finished. This however proved to not be as annoying to the other knights as he had hoped, as they managed to pull to a swift stop, though one managed to jump over his fallen comrade and into the fray, the other knights were forced to halt their assault, which signaled the shieldguard to once more close that line, bringing up their wall of shields again.
The other charging knight hordes however proved to be very effective, withering down the heretical armies with great ease, as the true demonic force approached rapidly.

Kilvas was very patient as he simply gazed at the battle, still holding his hand in position to signal the ballista, before rapidly lowering his arm as he called out. "Fire!" At that, the ballista let loose, the bolts being lit on fire before launched off, causing a blazing fury to appear from behing the Leongardian walls, as powerful fiery, ballistic shots landed in the center of the Disgeran armies, blasting both heretic and demon aside, breaking down their strength before they even reached the front lines.
"For Leongarde! Chaaaaarge!" Kilvas called out as the wall of shields suddenly opened up as row upon row of Leongardian warriors came forward, weapons at the ready as they clashed with the Disgeran force.
The warsmiths finally cast their spells, as ramps formed out of the walls itself, forming a way down from the walls, out into the fields.
With a thundering roar, lionhearted and berserkers came rushing down these new pathways, closing in around the Disgeran frontal forces, taking them in a lethal vice. As soon as the first waves of warriors had descended from the walls, the warsmiths let the ramps vanish into the wall once more.
"Reload!" Kilvas called out to the ballistas, as they followed his commands immediatly.

The king himself had in the come to the forces stationed behind the walls and came up to the girl, Llinos, hugging up in the corner, gazing down at her as he extended a hand towards her. "You must be strong, girl. You are no warrior, but you are like our mighty Ko'Rhas... You are a reason for them to fight. You are someone they seek to protect. Do not leave your brethren hanging here. Join them. Aid them. Let them hear the aria of valor. And know that they do not stand alone." Were the girl to take his hand, he would pull her up onto her feet, laying a hand on her shoulder, before he himself ascended the wall once more, just as the ballistas fired off.

Reinard gazed along the scene, his nose cringing as he spotted the dark ritual being prepared in the distance. "They dare defile our lands with their dark magic... This will not come to pass." With that, Reinard drew his blade again, his eyes focused on the location where Verminathras was conjuring up his spell, before he held his blade vertical before him, closing his eyes. "Great Ko'Rhas. I call upon thee. Thou valor and thou strength. I beg of thee, grant me your blessing to undo our foes, for their vile actions disgrace the land we have vowed to protect in your name." As his eyes opened, Reinard's eyes had become pure blue, glowing fiercely as he slowly drew a circle before him, by moving his stretched swordarm in that shape, a faint glimmer following in the sword's wake as the circle of divine magic hovered before him. "Agrabhar... Hor... Thiero... Fahn... Altezar... Maka... Rohn..." He called out, before the circle began to emit a powerful energy aura. Cretoris' eyes locked upon this, snarling as he continued moving forwards the frontlines. "C'mon... Fight me... Mighty king..."
But he was mistaken, as Reinard payed no heed to the dark beast, but instead the gathering of magic erupted outwards with a deafening blast, as a massive beam of divine energy blasted forward, the beam seeming to be spearheaded by a lion's head as its target had been picked: The ritual circle set up by Verminathras.
The beam moved so fast that none of the warlocks was able to respond in time, the beam striking at the very centre of the ritual, their magics mingling, and for a moment, it appeared like a fight between the two faction's gods, but in the end, it turned on the Disgerans, as the colission of magic turned into a powerful erupting blast, raging outwards, consuming the warlocks that were following Verminathras' orders in an instant, aswell as a portion of the nearby supporting warlocks and archers.

When the smoke created by the blast subsided, Reinard gazed on, his eyes now turning to the dark giant, who roared out. "You dare ignore the ultimate beast! I will slaughter you, puppet of Ko'Rhas!" With that, the demonic commander rushed forward, knocking his own troops aside as he raised his blade, heading straight for one of the advancing groups of lionhearted and berserkers who came down the wall, seeking to bash and slash through them, while trying to make for the wall where the king was located. "Come then, hound..." The king spoke quietly as he watched Cretoris.

Nicky
04-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Llinos was stunned as the king himself talked to her. He personally came to reassure her, a simple peasant girl. Her cheeks turned pink with blush as he said how important she was. This was the king saying this! In all his resplendent glory, he had taken time to reassure her. She smiled and took his hand. She blushed furiously when he had touched her shoulder. "Nid wyf yn methu chi, fy frenin!" Her heart beats in her chest with pride as she goes back out to the main defensive line. Taking up her magical flute once more, she begins to play the song of courage once again.

Cfavano
04-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Sogarr roars as he finally descends into the fray. Sogar smashes the skull of one of the heretics in with his club as he roars in triumph. but then an ascended swoops in with his broadsword, and Sogarr raises his shield to block it. The weapon clangs against the shield as Sogarr knocks the weapon away and counters with an overhand swing of his club. The ascended footman manages to parry that, and counters with a thrust. Sogarr angles his body so the sword passes by him, and it causes the Ascended to stumble forward, and his neck is in range of Sogarr's fangs. Sogarr lashes out with said fangs, ripping the Ascended's throat out. The ascended footman gurgles and tries to step back, but Sogarr's club is raised to meet his fact, and the ascended's face is destroyed by the might hit as it falls dead to the ground. Sogarr spits the blood and flesh out of his mouth, recoiling at the rotten taste, before going off to fight more, and cleaves down another heretic.

Jacogos
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
The summoning had proceeded as planned, though Verminathras was worried about the state of the army as Leongarde's superior tactics began to take their toll on the Disgeran army. Just a little longer...

However, across the battlefield, Verminathras noticed a huge gathering of light, where he knew the king was likely standing. What are you up to, bitch of Ko'Rhas...? the plaguecaster thought darkly, preparing himself for the worst even as he hurried the summoning.

It was to no avail however. Verminathras watched in horror as the energy shot at him and his circle, ready to rip both asunder. In a last ditch effort as the plaguecaster attempted to move out of the blast zone, the corrupted warlock forcibly ripped the remaining magical energy from all of the warlocks that participated in the ritual, gaining a massive store of magic to use. He could not recover any magic that had already went into the ritual, but he'd be damned if he let this ruin everything.

A blink of an eye later, Verminathras was on the ground about ten feet away, coughing and shaking himself as he slowly got back to his feet. His tattered cowl had protected him from a majority of the blast, but bits of his skin burned from the divine explosion.

"You'll pay for that, King of Kittens!" the plaguecaster hissed, watching as his plaguehounds came back to his side, curious as to what had happened to their master. He paid them little mind, as all of the magic he had stolen went into a single attack. And why waste time preparing when he had so much energy? A massive ball of corruption began to form above him as he stabbed his staff into the ground, holding his hands up to feed the ball more energy.

"Let's see how you like this, rat..." he murmured, leaning back a bit before heaving himself forward as if literally throwing the ball, which was launched skyward; it went through the dark clouds of Cretoris and, based on the trajectory, over the massive lion in the sky to settle in the real clouds. After a moment, the corruption orb exploded into a shower of corrosive rain, most of it focused over the seige weapons in the back. However, the orb had flown high enough that the explosion allowed the corrosive rain to fling over most of the Leongarde army, even a few bits landing amongst the Disgeran forces.

His aim was to provide a large scale distraction for the army, as each droplet would likely cause immense pain for all of a few seconds, even burning through armor and weapons as they descended. What he really hoped was that the seige weapons became useless due to all of the corroded parts the now likely had. The shower would last for all of a few seconds, long enough to perhaps pelt an unlucky individual near the center three times, but little more.

roke
04-21-2013, 02:11 PM
"Aye, so ye're to be my next opponent, you blighter. I'll rip ye a new asshole, ye sodding bastard." As the Creature lashes out at him, Conan raised his arms, and angles his body so that the claws could not reach him, as he blocked the demon's wrist. Conan was quick to throw a spike punch at the attacking arm's bicep. When the Demon grappled him, he grabbed him as well, using his strength to try and pin the demon. they were equally matched, but then Verm's rain came. The Demon, being larger, shielded Conan from the rain. As it roared in pain, it loosened it's grip, giving Conan enough time to grab one of his pistols, aim it at the underside of its jaw, and fire. The ball would likely go through the palates of the demon's mouth, an lodge itself in its brain. Conan would then leap back to avoid getting squashed by the demon.

The Imposter
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Gyle had switched to his daggers as the Disgeran ranks were flanked by the forces from the wall. He watched as the battled continued, limbs and metal being tossed about. He could hear the whimpers of a Lionhearted who had fallen victim to a small gang of heretic soldiers as they began to feed on the wounded warrior. A certain grace being given as the fiery ballista bolts rain down setting the whole lot a blaze. The smell of burning flesh mingled with the boiling of blood to make a putrid rank. A sickening cry rang through his ears as he moved past the blaze.

'Spectre of Chaos may this offering be a sweet smelling to you!!! Embrace us as we give into Chaos!'

Even in death the heretics were not wavered in their devotion. Gyle moved towards the one knight that had rushed into the ranks still mounted on their horse only to be stopped by the beam splitting the sky. The explosion rang out from even the back ranks and rallied the Leongarde forces. A berserker quickly struck out at the rogue who parried in kind, barely able to block the ferocious strikes that continued. Had it not been for the ascended and the demons the thief would have been slain, the quick witted rogue managed to push the warrior back into a demon that would probably finish the job. He didn't really stick around to find out.

Finally standing close enough to the knight he called out baiting the armored warrior. His small crossbow held deftly in his left hand as he goaded the sod into charging after him. Truth was the rogue wanted that horse.

'Aye, is it always customary fer a bloke to ride 'is wife out into battle? Oi, you Leongarde lot take quite kindly t'yer animal friends? Perhaps you gave 'er a real ride before you mounted 'er in your armour!!'

Gyle braced himself waiting for the knight to charge, to which he would respond with a single shot to pierce the rider's neck and hopefully dismount the knight from his steed. Behind the lone knight Gyle could see the droplets of rain descend upon the shieldguard and the warriors standing under the blue feral light of Ko'Rhas. Looks like our rear forces are startin' to participate. If only Cretoris would actually command our rangers to shoot at those damn bridge builders...

Mar
04-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Angelique cursed silently as her miss. But she didn't let that phase her. She continued to fire shots at the Disgeran lines, picking off heretics as she covered the knights. When Reinard fired the beam, and it caused a great explosion, she cheered along with the rest. But then Verm made it rain, and she had to hide in one of the towers to prevent the acid from damaging her weapon. It stung when it hit her, and she swore she would get whoever cause that back.

In the tower, she restocked her ammunition, and rejoined her comrades on the walls. Closing her one eye, her open eye shifted to a more bestial form as her eagle eye activated. Using it, she scanned the battlefield. She saw that a large demon was charging the defensive line. She aimed for it with her rifle and fired. But she didn't aim for a vital area. Instead, she aimed for it's knee. The bullet connects and shatters it's kneecap, making it tumble to the ground, where one of the shieldguard finishes it off.

CrestOfArtorias
04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Ripped open by one of the blades mounted to Sieglinde's spear another heretic's life ended, the charge of the knights still had momentum and the loose formation of Disgeran as well as the superior tactics of Leongarde started to take their toll on the dark brood. She was surprised as a blinding light with the roar of the celestial ruler appeared and crushed the foul magick users of Disgeran. She couldn't help but smile, "not long now and they will break up," she thought to herself, which was interrupted by the roar of the vile beast Cretorias.
It was accompanied by a foul rain that came down somewhere behind the knights, so she did not pay much attention to it. However the painful screams of those behind could not be ignored, whatever foul magick was at work there, would not happen again, she was sure of it.

As the dark giant was about to charge it dawned on her that he had to be stopped or this battle would have the potential to be a pyrrhic victory, something she could not allow. Breaking off from the charge she steered her mare towards the hulking giant. Closing in fast from his blind spot she heaved her spear and looked for a weakspot and like all armored hulks there were plenty to choose from. Sieglinde decided that she had to stop his charge and so she aimed at the exposed gap between his thigh and his shin, the back of his knee to be exact. Sending a prayer to Ko'Rhas to guide her hand with his divine grace she went for the throw. As time appeared to slow down, drainig out the sound, heat and smell of battle, painting everything in a coat of black and white, she was concentrating on her target, honing her senses and abilities for that one throw, channeling something of her own magic into the spear to further enhance it, she hurled it at the Consumer of the Night. As the spear was switfly flying, leaving an aura of cold behind it and rotating around its own axis to stabilize the flight, she hoped that the moment of surprise, her superior accuracy and training would suffice to pierce the foul beast's knee.

She jumped down from her horse, sending it back to the charging knights. Using her own mobility she tried to stay in the beasts blind spot.

E1Alpha
04-23-2013, 02:40 PM
King Reinard narrowed his eyes, gazing upon the ball of corruption he could notice forming in the distance, actually cracking a slight smirk. "So you survived, hellspawn? Very well... Let us see who is superior..." He spoke calmly as he saw the ball of corruption rise up towards the sky, his eyes locking on it, before nodding to himself. Whatever this spell was, he would not let it come to effect as he rose his blade up again, before holding it horizontally above him, letting the blade of his sword rest in his free hand as he kneeled down. "Ko'Rhas! Grant us your protection, so that we may fight on in your name without halt!" As he called this out, a blue shroud slowly spread to cover the Leongardian lines, stopping at the lines of Shieldguard. This shroud veiled the sky above the Leongardian's in a gracious blue color, before the acidic rain came down, Reinard narrowing his eyes. "Ah... A disruptive attack... Refreshingly strategic..." With the shroud in place however, it would appear that all who were within Leongardian's lines would be shielded from the acidic rain, however the ones that were out and in the Disgeran ranks fighting, would still have the risk of being struck.

The demon in battle with Conan, who were both untouched by the veil of Ko'Rhas did stand in the acidic rain, the demon taking most of the pounding from it, but he was not downed as easily. As the barbaric soldier rose a flintlock pistol up to dig a projectile deep inside the demon's skull, the beast roared out, but instead of simply collapsing, the very flesh and skin on the beast could be seen breaking, fire blazing out, before he erupted into a powerful blast, taking out many nearby heretics, aswell as a handful of Leongardian soldiers. Conan would be caught in the blast aswell.

The knight would actually hardly hear Gyle's taunting, the sounds of battle and the plate helmet over his head seeming to block out the rogue's voice too much. But it was over soon anyways when a blackguard came rushing up and sliced down the knight's horse, causing it to fall to the side, trapping the knight underneath, where he was soon to be finished off, though no glory for Gyle in that one.

The large demon who's charge was interrupted by Angelique's bullet was indeed downed, but not as easily defeated, as it continued to fight out of its stationary position, simply resting on one knee, swiping around him as he roared out.

Cretoris himself was hardly phased by the spear throw, as the magic weapon seemed to collide with a dark barrier that covered the corrupted general's body. As the weapon struck the barrier, the cries of condemned souls called out as the soul barrier deflected the attack, sending the weapon soaring off to the side, sticking into the ground. Thus, Cretoris continued his charge, his blade erupting with black magic as he gazed at the wall, upon which King Reinard was positioned, his eyes filled with rage as he swung his blade horizontally before him. "Darkness consume you all!" He called out as a blade of pitch-black shadow fired off from the blade, soaring towards the wall, where it would consume any fool struck by it in darkness.

Kilvas kept a close eye on the battlefield, glancing at the ballistas, before he called up. "Prepare to strike further!" The men controlling the ballistas nodded, readjusting the angle and position of the ballistas.
Kilvas then turned to the armies, calling out with thundering voice, hoping the message would be passed on among the corporals and lieutenants in the field. "Knights! Defensive positions! Shieldguards, lock the walls! And push!" As the message was passed through the raging armies, shieldguard once more locked their shields against eachother as knights began to disengage and fall back to defensive positions.
Shortly after, the line of shieldguard produced series of spears, as they began marching forward in a steady pace, allowing any Leongardian they come across to slip in between two men, as they'd let their shields upon just enough for the soldiers to slip through. As opposed to their first set-up, it wasn't just one line of shields in the front, but the second and third row of shield guard rose up their shields aswell, placing them onto the shield of the soldier before them, creating a spear filled metallic head that was slowly pushing forward into the battlefield, forcing the heretical armies back.

Nicky
04-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Llinos recoiled for a second at Reinard's display of power. "Oh fy, byddaf byth yn dod i arfer â bod ...*" She snaps back to attention towards the battle. She then notices that a section of the front line looks close to breaking. She quickly rushes over to them.

"We have to hold the line! We cannot let them through!" Says one shieldguard. "I know, but it is getting difficult to continue fighting like this. I;m so exhausted. "Llinos knows now what she has to do." She begins to play her song of respite, and the section's weariness seems to melt away, as well as anyone else who can hear it.

((* Oh my, I shall never get used to that...))

Cfavano
04-27-2013, 02:42 AM
"Yarg!" Sogarr roared as he continued pressing forward with his brethren. As a group, they cleaved through the heretics like a blazing axe through butter, trapping a large portion of the Disgerani army between the hammer and the Anvil. Sogarr does his part, bashing in skulls and ripping through men with the aid of his spirit-infused attacks.

However, he doesn't fight alone. Fighting next to him is Rockmar, a recently ascended lionhearted, and his sworn blood-brother. They work as a team, becoming a whirling dervish of death upon the battlefield. When Sogarr notices Verm's attack, he cries out to his brothers "Look out, shields up!" Sogarr and Rockmar raise their shields, protecting themselves from the acidic rain, their shields hissing from the acid, but being made of fine steel and timber, hold firm.

"With me, brothers! Rip, claw, bite, rend, today shall mark Cretoris' end! For Arduin! For Reinard! For Kho'ras! For Leongarde!" He roars, following them back into glorious battle.

Jacogos
04-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Verminathras tsk'd in annoyance as his plan utterly failed, the kitty-cat king erecting a barrier that effectively shut out all of his magic. He managed to do a bit more damage to his own forces instead, which caused him to sigh heavily. Shaking his head, he moved towards the other archers and warlocks.

His entire body twitched violently every so often, his mind ignoring the pain that racked his being from the magical backlash from the magnitude of the spell he had just cast. As he began to move through the other Disgeran forces, Verminathras started to notice what the army below them was up to. Slowly, he worked out where they might be able to strike.

"Aim for the Warsmiths..." Verminathras hissed as he moved through the archers and warlocks. "If we take out their magical support, then we have a way onto their walls... We can push against their flank... Aim for the Warsmiths..." He knew it would be nothing more than a suggestion, but if he managed to convince enough of the men to follow it, then it might help them out a little.

As he did this, his plaguehounds continued to stick close to him, sometimes snapping at the men Verminathras 'ordered' in order to get his point across. They always reacted well to fear, and Verminathras was as fearsome as any.

roke
04-29-2013, 12:43 PM
As soon as Conan saw that the Demon wasn't simply going to die, his eyes when wide and he began to run back. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." He cursed as he ran. When it finallt did explode, he turned around to face it and jumped up, compressing his body into the fetal position. This protected most of his body, but did burn parts of his arms and legs. The shock sent him back a few feet and he landed hard. As he began to get up off of the ground, two heretics began to circle him. As one was about to cut him in half with an axe, Conan kicked out with his foot, hitting the Heretic's man-parts. The blow messed up the Heretic's grip, and instead of the swing going through, it let go part way, and instead, it hurled the axe, killing the other heretic.

The Imposter
04-30-2013, 01:21 AM
The hooded rogue quickly dropped into what was left of the grassland the battle was taking place on. The once beautiful grassy area was now nothing more than mire and blood. Gyle covered his crossbows beneath his cloak as the rain passed over. Wincing as the burning droplets peppered him. Damn warlocks....worst yet, is 'hat aura stoppin' all magics from 'arming the enemy troop. I can't 'elp but wonder if such powers can stop poison flowin' through their veins?

Gyle slowly rose from his crouched state as the rain subsided, seeing that some of the ballistae flames were snuffed out by the quick downpour. Oi...I can't even light a bolt to signal the rangers.... The carnage that swirled about the rogue was apparently one sided. The Leongardian forces seemingly decimating heretic and demon a like. The strategy and formations used countered the Disgeran perfectly. Such leadership, stood against everything they believed in such opposition to chaos. The thieving goon couldn't help but hold contempt for the one who orchestrated it all. Rumours spoke of a retired general...

Gyle's keen awareness honed in on the cascading wave of darkness that rumbled out towards the wall. If ever there was an opportunity given to break through the defensive line, this was it. Yelling he let loose a bolt to help clear the path as he tried to rally others to follow the charging dark energies towards the wall.

Mar
05-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Angelique curses as she notices the demon is still alive. Taking aim again, she fires, attempting to shoot through its head. She continues firing at the demon, shooting at it again and again in an attempt to fell it. She aims away for a moment to shoot a heretic that was about to kill a fallen knight, blasting it's head from it's shoulders. This gives the knight enough time to get back up. She then reloads again and takes aim at the demon. If it was still alive, she wouls shoot it again.

CrestOfArtorias
05-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Sparks in all colors were flying everywhere as Sieglinde's spear collided with the magical barrier that surrounded the beast Cretorias. The souls that had been sacrificed in order to create his shield screaming in endless pain as they were forced to take the hit for their cruel master. Even though the attack did not had the effect that she had hoped, it revealed something she wasn't aware of and potentially a weak spot for later battles. If the beast used a magical barrier it needed an energy source of some sort, if itself was the source it would mean he would constantly drain his energy, which meant a prolonged battle would take its toll sooner than later. Even if not, whatever powered the barrier would also require a storage of some sort and sooner or later this would be emptied as well.

These thoughts were interrupted as a young women, crazy with fear wielding a club was charging her, tears in her eyes and a desperate scream on her lips. Sieglinde did not pitty the girl, she was an enemy, a twisted husk of a human not worthy of gazing upon the grace of Leongarde or herself for that matter. The futile attack of the girl was met with a quick sidestep and a singing slash of Seelenschnitter that rend her opponent from down the hip to her right collarbone, leaving a dire gash. Overcome with pain the girl could not help but collapse and try to keep her innards inside her, weeping in pain and dispair. Another heretic tried to use the moment to ambush Sieglinde, but as the first, he was no match for the seasoned warrior called the Black Lion, his blade parried, she liberated the man's arms and mere moments later his head from his body, the blood hizzing on Seelenschnitter's blade.

From the haze of battle a hulking beast of a men was appearing, clad in black, menacing looking armor and wielding a big two handed flanged mace. His eye locked on the warrior of Leongarde he charged to end her, so he could present her corpse to his cruel masters. Heaving the mace to perform a powerful overhead swing he came down on her. Though she was no equal in power to this hulk of muscle, she had experience, wit and agility aplenty to meet this dire assault. Wielding Seelenschnitter with two hands she used the magic blade to meet the mace, a lesser skilled warrior probably would have been overpowered by the force of the impact, but Sieglinde did not seek to stop the weapon with that alone. Using her shoulder to rest her blade to increase the distribution of force, she went down on one knee, successfully taking the hit without too much pain. The giant grunting in surprise in the face of his futile attack against the opponent he seemed defenseless. Sieglinde was smiling fiendishly, "not today fiend!" instantly whirling around and kicking the men's kneecap with her armored boots. Even if she wasn't able to crush it, it would still take him by surprise and bring him down, using her momentum she planted Seelenschnitter deep within his neck, feeling the flesh being rend and bones crushed, Seelenschnitter hizzing with joy.

"Magister, grab my hand!" Her slaughter was interrupted by a familiar voice, it was the young knight from before. He rode towards her, extending his arm. Quickly reacting she grabbed onto the men's arm heaving herself up onto the mens mount as they both returned to the withdrawing knights, grabbing her spear in the process. Leongarde was on the offensive, the enemies flank still putting up a fight, however their assault was stopped and soon it seemed Disgeran would have to retreat, if their commander had any sense left in him. As to seemingly answer her thoughts she heard the sound of Cretorias cursing at his Highness and firing a pitch black wave of energy at the wall. Even with him however the attack couldn't go on for that much longer, as the struggling army was without leadership and thus were ineffective a defending any critical openings in their ranks, let alone reform themselves. Finally reaching the Leongardian lines Sieglinde spotted Katharina, her squire, riding Stardancer.

"Are you hurt Sera?" her voice showed signs of exhaustion and concern. Putting on a smile on her bloodstained face she answered," thou must not fear for us child, for we are unhurt. Thou seemest alright thineself?". Katharina was quick to the answer her masters question with an eager nod. Liberating her waterskin from her belt and handing it over to her master, who just dismounted. "Ah a sight for sore eyes," she answered her servants kindness. Having the time to assess the situation, she noticed that their General, the Grey Mane, was way too close to the frontlines for her liking. In that position he could easily fall victim to some curr's arrow or bolt. Handing back the waterskin she moved towards the General, looking back at her squire she said," thou hast new orders, remain with our horse and stay with the knights, should the time come, charge with them and make your family proud, for today thou art no child any longer!" Bursting with joy Katharina straightened up and took her place with the reforming knights.

Though the General's bodyguards first wanted to interrupt her, they did recognize the instructor shortly after, leaving her through without complain, approaching the General she bowed in courtesy. "Ma Ser, it appears that we are pushing the fiends back, due to our Lords and thine leadership and the grace of the King of the Heavens. Pray let us assist thine bodyguard in protecting thine life, for shouldst thou fall, morale would be crippled and victory would be bittersweet instead."

E1Alpha
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
The Disgeran forces kept their attack going at full strength, driven by their unholy madness as always, even though they seemed to fall one by one. Angelique would finally take down her designated target, and Gyle's shot found itself stuck in one of the powerful shields carried by the shieldguard as they made their advance. The flanks of the Disgeran troops slowly began to give away, as the furious assault of berserker and lionhearted alike began to squeeze the army in between them.

"Ballistas... Fire!" The elder general called out, as flaming projectiles once more soared through the open sky, plummeting deep into the Disgeran lines, taking out a large number of their forces before they could even reach them. "Reload!" Kilvas immediatly called to them, before turning to the battlefield again, his attention drawn aside to the female knight that made her approach. "Well met, milady... I can understand your concern, but as you must know, a general who cowers inside and just tries to act on his feelings is a fool. I want to see my men fight. I want to be able to guide them myself... However... As per your request, I shall take up a safer position inside one of the towers, so that I may have more cover. It is very true that my aged body isn't as good at dodging and surviving a stray arrow." He then turned around and headed for one of the towers where both musketeer and archer were positioned, glancing over his shoulder at Sieglinde. "I suggest you rejoin your forces. The full strength of our knights will be needed when we finally clear this scum from our borders." With that, the general headed for a more covered position from which he could oversee and command the battle.

On the other side of the wall, Cretoris' shadow projectile had finally struck its target, washing over the wall, blasting a number of berserkers and archers down, but naturally, it appeared that King Reinard had survived unscathed, before he glanced aside at one of the Warsmiths. "Do not lower the bridge yet... We do not want this beast to get within our walls." "Yes, your liege!" With that, all musketeers and archers on that side of the wall focused their attention on Cretoris, who simply roared out as their attacks bounced off of the soul barrier that protected his being. "You coward! Come down here and fight!" Cretoris roared out, before snickering, murmuring to himself. "Or actually... You're right where we need you..." Cretoris then looked up again and roared out, shadows raging around him as the shadows in the sky cried out, echoing out Cretoris' voice. "The time is now! Attack, succubus!"

For a long time, no answer came, as the battle simply continued. But finally, a rapid shadow dashed over the Leongardian front lines, as hellish daggers were flung around, digging themselves in a few unlucky soldiers, who seemed to die an agonising death from the poison that now entered their bloodstream. "Hello there, kitties..." The sensual, seductive, yet viscious voice spoke up, as a scarcely dressed, winged female now hovered in the air, grinning. Kilvas had already taken up position in a much more secure location as he glared at the daemonette. "Musketeers! Archers! Focus your fire upon the winged beast!" Immediatly, the female demon was harassed by both bullet and arrows, though her blinding speed in the air made it nigh impossible to hit her, as her every counter-attack with throwing knives resulted in a succesful kill.

Cretoris laughed at this, with Shyvarra keeping the ranged forces busy, the demonic commander rushed forward, his blade pulsing with dark magic as he began chopping and slicing away at the wall protecting Leongarde's border, actually seeming to rip through the very stone, causing the entire section of the wall to tremble. King Reinard snarled as he looked down at Cretoris. "Damned demon... Warsmith. Keep our troops safe." With that, the King made what any man would declare a fool's decission, as he rushed off of the wall, leaping down onto the bloodstained grass, gripping his blade firmly. "You wish to challenge me, demon? Come then... Fight me." Cretoris could only just laugh at the futile challenge, before he roared out. "You will regret the day you challenged me, pawn of Ko'Rhas!" With that, Cretoris charged towards the king, blade held firmly in his right hand as he brought it crashing down towards the king of Leongarde, who, while not having an as massive blade, seeming to parry and deflect Cretoris' attacks with surprising ease.

Nicky
05-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Llinos watched as her beloved king went to battle the abomination that was Cretoris. She knew that if he fell, Leongarde would be finished. She vowed to help in any way she could, especially after all he did for her. But how, how could she help? She, who barely even knew how to fight. Her mind drifted for a moment back to her basic training, how she couldn't even hold a sword properly, and she can't even now. She notices that there is a small boulder near where they are fighting. Nodding to herself, she knows what she has to do. Even if it means her death, she has to try.

Using her small and slender form, she weaved in between the lines, hoping that she wouldn't be noticed by the giant daemon. She manages to get on top of the rock as her flute gets put away, and she takes out her cold iron dagger, the blade resonating as it is this close to daemonic taint. She attempts to leap from the rock on to Cretoris's back. If she lands, her one hand will be across his face, to try and cover his eyes, and her other hand, holding her dagger, she would repeatedly stab and slash at exposed areas, trying to pierce through his shield. Hopefully, the magicked iron would prove effective. She knows the odds of her surviving are slim to none, but if others are so willing to sacrifice their lives for her, why would she not do the same?

Cfavano
05-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Sogarr and Rockmar act in perfect unison, having trained together since they were children. They were close beyond close, brothers who's bond transcended the simple ties of genetics. They shared everything; glory, sorrow, mead, and battle.

Sogarr had lost his family in a raid by a rival clan, leaving him a homeless waif of only 6, But Rockmar, 15 at the time, took him in. Rockmar had also lost his family in the raid, but he had already passed the trial of manhood, and was considered an adult. Taking it upon himself to raise this child, he instilled in him the values of honor, truth, strength, and justice that many clans had forgotten. It was through these years of hard training and learning that Rockmar and Sogarr formed a strong bond. The kind of bond that can only exists between two heterosexual men, and that women cannot understand. They did everything together, from fighting, to hunting. Sogarr was there when Rockmar was married, and joined in the celebration. Rockmar was there for Sogarr at the funeral of his (sogarr's) mate, and joined him in his grieving.

It was here, finally, in the defense of Leongarde, that the strength of their bond would be tested in the flaming crucible of war. They flung themselves at the disgeran horde with abandon, and like the rest of their brothers, attacked wildly and ferociously. They would never give in, never stop fighting. That is what it meant to be a warrior, no compromise, no mercy. Only blood and death. They reveled in this slaughter, not because they were heartless monsters, but because they knew that every dead heretic is one less blade to slay the innocent.

Suddenly, a blackguard managed to catch Sogarr in a parry. Sogar looked in horror at the blade coming for him. He wasn't afraid, and went to counter parry, but Rockmar managed to tackle the blackguard before the attacks landed. Rockmar then made quick work of the blackguard. "Sogarr offers him a hand to help him up. "You should keep a better eye on you defenses, brother." Says Rockmar. "I'll keep that in mind, Rockmar."

Jacogos
05-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Verminathras smirked to himself as his suggestions were carried out, though the outcome was less than worthwhile. Sighing to himself, the plaguecaster breathed slowly for a moment or two, feeling his magic reserves within himself. The backlash from the massive-plagueball was finally gone, replaced by a feeling of dread as he observed his army.

"Blasted fools... They're trapped like rats between a cat and a mousetrap..." he murmured, cackling quietly at his unintended joke. "No matter. If attacking the steel magi does prove worth it..." Verminathras began to charge up his magics, a green aura surrounding him as he began to plot. Ah, Shavarrah has decided to join... Finally, we might turn this around.

"Forget the war-smiths, we must assist the flank. Aim for the Lionhearted!" As he said this, Verminathras held up his hands and conjured another ball of corruption, much smaller than the one before. It was a standard fireball size. As it reached optimum size, Verminathras hurled it, the magical missile going upwards before arcing down towards the battlefield, where the Leongarde flanking group was most concentrated. Upon impact with either the ground or a person, the ball would burst, spreading a mist of corruption over the area, about 10 meters at the start and slowly dispersing. The standard effect of corruption magic would take place at impact, but the mist would melt from within after being inhaled. Of course, it would also burn skin, but not lethally.

"Like that..." he said with a satisfied smirk. Despite the outcome of his 'orders', he proceeded to continue making more plagueballs and launching them into the Lionhearted troops.

roke
05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Conan continued to fight as hard as he could, but the effects of the explosion finally took their toll, and a lucky heretic managed to stab him in the heart with a spear, killing him instantly.

The Imposter
05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Gyle had become swept up in between the two sides, like jaws closing in on its prey. Dun't want ta get caught up in this. Oi...don't want to leave Cretoris alone either.... Trying to figure something out proved more detrimental than the rogue would have liked as a pair of berserkers honed in on the dashing rogue. He let his crossbows hang loose from their straps as he drew his daggers to parry the ferocious attack. The strength of the leongardian force was overpowering him however.

Demons seemed to be flooding in rallied by the appearance of a certain succubus which Gyle used to escape the duo and fall back into the mass of heretics and blackguards. Trying to figure out a way to get behind the defensive line became his priority, feeling the need to steal a kill from Cretoris was too good to pass up. Taking a moment to coat some bolts and reload Gyle began to scan the field for a way into the Leongarde army.

Mar
05-09-2013, 01:18 PM
While Anegelique was up on the walls, she look at Shyvarra with disgust and hate. She noticed that the other marksmen kept missing, and she had a thought. This daemonic slut moves quite fast. Instead of aiming FOR her, why not aim where she will be? Angelique grins Clever. Aiming down the sights, she calls upon the superhuman powers of accuracy granted by her devotion to Kho'ras. Looking at Shyvarra, she can see it, see where she will be based on how her muscles are moving, almost like she could see the future. Not far into the future, only a few seconds. Taking this into account, she fires at that spot, trying to shoot her down, leading her weapon. She keeps reloading and using this same method.

CrestOfArtorias
05-09-2013, 03:19 PM
"We can rejoice now that our General will be safe. If thou orders us to reunite with our comrades, then we shall do as thou hast commanded us." Bowing in courtesy she turned around to rejoin her fellow knights at the front lines. Before she could reach the knights however, a dark shadow crossed the frontline, so fast she almost hadn't noticed. Almost instinctively she activated her shield, two daggers were colliding with the invisible force field, resulting in colorful sparks as the field delfected them.

The impact wasn't all that powerful, but it still managed to surprise her, were it not for her battle hardened skills, she would have ended like the soldiers around her. Gargling blood and jerking uncontrollably. Her face became like stone, "I can not stop this beast as long as it is in the air." A familiar roar interrupted that thought and she could see the dark beast Cretoris engaging their king. Flushing with rage, as if Ko'Rhas himself had blessed her, she started to sprint to reach her king.

Even if she wouldn't be able to defeat this menace, she at least could try to assist her king and buy him some time. In that moment a young girl, she had seen before was jumping down on Cretoris. "Foolish girl, that will be thine end!" She hoped that together with their king they would be able to keep the beast at bay.

"Ko'Rhas, King of kings, celestial hunter and ruler of the heavens, lend thine humble servant the might to protect thine pack and to vanquish the beast that poaches in thine gardens!" With that prayer in mind her spear shot at the dark beast.

E1Alpha
05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Dozens of arrows and a large collection of bullets were wasted by simply firing at the succubus that continued to dart left and right in a very uneven pattern, her blades digging into more of the ranged every single time. Finally however, a single bullet clipped her right wing, a bullet from Angelique's rifle. Shyvarra felt her flight become troubled and quickly decided to change her plans. "Can't land on the walls because of the berserkers there... Guess I'll need to get my pet to join the party..." With that, Shyvarra used what little air she had left under her wings to glide down out of the sky, straight into the Disgeran ranks. She would not die today. "You men!" She called out to some heretics. "Form a meatshield around me. I must not be interrupted." The men eagerly obeyed, be it alone to be able to have a good look at Shyvarra's curves, and formed a protective circle around her, as the succubus began to chant something, conjuring up some magic of her while whispering in a demonic tongue.

In the vivid flanks, berserker and lionhearted alike were fighting the best they could, taking down demon after demon, with a score of heretics in between. However, one of the flanks, the flank in which Sogarr and Rockmar were currently charging would suddenly fall prey to a burning, stinging fog that blasted its way into the center of the group. While not immediatly killing those at the very front lines, nor the ones in the back, it sent the group into disarray, allowing the Disgeran demons to counter attack, taking a few kills in return now.

In the meantime, the duel between Reinard and Cretoris continued, the two their blades clashing repeatingly, seemingly evenly matched. "You cannot hope to defeat me, beast. I am empowered by our great Ko'Rhas himself." This only infuriated Cretoris even more. "Still your tongue and DIE!" However, as powerful as King Reinard was, whenever he was able to land a strike, he found his weapon deflecting on the soul barrier, a frustrating fact as he felt Cretoris slowly gaining the upper hand.
It was then suddenly that Cretoris got distracted, as he reached up behind his back. "What the?! Get off!" The demonic warrior reached up to try and catch Llinos, who had now positioned herself in Cretoris neck, violently stabbing at him, meeting the resistance of his soul barrier repeatingly, until suddenly, the sound of her blade digging in flesh was heard. The anti-undead enchantments resting on Llinos blade had created a weakspot in Cretoris' defenses, who roared out. "You wretch!" But just as Cretoris' claws were about to grasp onto the girl, he was stumbling back, as Reinard took advantage of the distraction, and began a relentless assault upon the demon, slashing away at the soul protected beast.

"Ko'Rhas, King of kings, celestial hunter and ruler of the heavens, lend thine humble servant the might to protect thine pack and to vanquish the beast that poaches in thine gardens!"

Through all the noise of the battlefield, Reinard heard the desperate prayer, and know what was coming, being granted the wisdom of Sieglinde's actions through the blessing of Ko'Rhas. He paused his assault and turned around during a moment of Cretoris stumbling, the king's eyes locked on the spear that was about to soar right past, reaching out to grab it in mid-air, as his hands began to glow. "Bard! Throw your blade at me and pray for Ko'Rhas' might!" The king called out to Llinos, his sword in one hand and Sieglinde's spear in another, his entire being seeming to get infused by magic, as Cretoris finally came to his senses again.

Nicky
05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Of everyone in the battle, it is Llinos who is most surprised That her attack worked. The shock almost made her lose her grip on Cretoris. When Reinard addresses her, she nods. She then tosses her dagger, it's blade still thrumming in response to the daemonic taint surrounding it to him, while murmuring a prayer to Kho'ras. After doing that, she claws at Cretoris's face to continue to distract him, trying to stab into his eyes.

Cfavano
05-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Sogarr and Rockmar were fighting side-by side when the fog hit. Sogarr managed to get out of the way in time, but Rockmar was not so lucky. He got hit full on, and then a heretic's spear hit him square in the chest. "NOOOOOO!" Sogarr howls as he rushes the heretic, who struggles to get his spear out of Rockmar. It is too late, however, as Sogarr smashes the heretic into a puddle of jelly. However, he breaks his club in the process.

Sogarr turns to Rockmar, and drags him away from the fray, to a small mount of cover near a stone circle. Sogarr managess to wrench the tainted spear from Rockmar's chest, for leaving it in would have been the loss o his soul. Sogarr presses a cloth to Rockmar's wound to try and staunch the flow. "Stay with me! You are not going to perish here!" Sogarr says. Rockmar coughs, a trickle of blood coming out of his mouth. "Sogarr, leave me, I'm done for." Rockmar says and he coughs again a few times. "No, you're not going to die here, you have too much to live for." Sogarr says, trying hastily to tend to Rockmar's wound. "No, Sogarr, I am dying, I can feel Kho'Ras calling me to the eternal hunting grounds." Rockmar says weakly. "I...cannot see very well...are you still there, Sogarr?" Rockmar moans. "Yes, brother, I am here and will not leave you." He clasps his hand on to Rockmar's, who holds it tightly. Rockmar weakly lifts his axe to his chest, as if he is trying to present it to Sogarr. "Brother, take my weapon. I bequeath it to you." Rockmar says, knowing that, in their culture, giving a friend your weapon in situations like this, means that you are giving them all that you have. "No, brother, it is yours. You have a wife who just had her first litter, you need it." Sogarr says, continuing to try and staunch his wound. "I know, take care of them for me. Tell sheila...I love her very much. And...." Rockmar coughs up a gout of blood. "What is it, brother?" Sogarr asks. "Stay gold, Sogarr, Stay gold." Rockmar says raggedly, recalling an old poem he once told Sogarr. Those were the last words he spoke, and with one ragged breath, his soul passed on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEng8LS-1c), his eyes glazing over in death. Sogarr closes Rockmar's eyes with a trembling hand. He then began sobbing, leaning over Rockmar's body.

A few heretics notice Sogarr leaning over Rockmar's body, and try to take advantage of the situation to kill him. They rush Sogarr, but faster than they can react, Sogarr is up, double-handing Rockmar's lionhearted axe. With a savage sweep, he cleaves the two heretics in twain. His face is contorted in grief, blood mikxes ith tears, as he roars out, not in anger, or in victory, but in anguish. This pained roar echoes out, and the other lionhearted hear it. Suddenly, out from that circle of stones, Sogarr comes rushing out, covered in blood and wielding that great axe. He sets upon the heretics nearest to him, and they fall like ripe wheat before a scythe. It is not anger that guides him, nor duty, but sorrow, sorrow for the loss of his brother. It is this that gives him focus. He charges in the direction that the fog emanated from, cleaving through, or barreling past any in his way. Hopefully, the fellow barbarians and lionhearted can use this to rally around, and reform. Sogarr however, care naught. He seeks vengeance, and will not rest until he has it.

Jacogos
05-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Satisfied with his work, Verminathras was about to move onto a different tactic when he spotted the King engaging Cretoris. Frowning, the plaguecaster peered closer, no believing his eyes for a moment.

That blasted fool! He's going to get himself killed! And what is Shavarrah doing to help?! Verminathras thought furiously, turning to the warlocks behind him. The unlucky one close by barely got to open his mouth in question before Verminathras's glowing hand was through his chest, fingers closing on his black heart without remorse. A slow, gurgling gasp reared up in the man's throat before he collapsed, blood spewing from the gaping wound in his front.

"Unless you want to end up like him," Verminathras began, glowing with the energy he had forcibly stolen from the man. "I suggest you gather your magic and link to me. We have business to deal with." Grabbing the fallen mage's belt knife, Verminathras closed his eyes and muttered the spell he needed, bringing the blade down onto his wrist.

His hand severed from his body easily, the plaguecaster ignoring the searing pain that threatened to overwhelm him. You have a duty, dammit, fight through it! Breathing out slowly, Verminathras finished the summoning, his disembodied hand convulsing on the ground. The magic formed around it and, with a high-pitched squeal, an imp (http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/56adb5117b326a6b66ea2bf4ca3ccb8b/http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u588/TheScorpioDragon/Gaia%20Pictures/LesserDemon_zps70c6ac46.jpg)stood in its place, tiny wings beating furiously to gain height. Verminathras's eyes were still closed for the moment, for he had linked his mind to the Imp's and used its eyes for his own. With a glee-filled squeak, the tiny demon took wing towards Cretoris.

Along the way, the imp (and Verminathras by extension) saw two things: first, a group of Leongardians was heading his way. Typical. And second, the rogue from Lionglade seemed to be making his way towards Cretoris as well. Good. The good balanced the bad for once. Aiming to keep it that way, the imp darted towards the imbalanced duel.

Grasping the leftover magic that he had from the warlock and adding his own, Verminathras charged up his plan with a new diabolical weave, his little imp glowing dull green. It would dart in and try to get as close as possible to the King's chest before self-destructing in a concentrated burst of corrosive magic. He kept the blast radius down, which added to the lethality of the actual blast zone as it would become even more concentrated. With any luck it would get that far, but for now, Verminathras would have to see, his eyes still closed and his mind completely focused on the imp.

The Imposter
05-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Disgeran and Leongarde blood alike mixed with the downtrodden land, the once vibrant green grass turned into a crimson mix of mire. Gyle had made his way to the edge of the flank, having scouted out the best way to get closer to the battling generals. The flames from the war machines danced clashing with the encroaching darkness, the shadows proved to almost be enough for the adept rogue, Shavarrah's aerial dance proved to be the perfect distraction to those on the wall as well. With everyone's focus seemingly diverted Gyle hastily made his way through the shadows to give aide to Cretoris.

Everything was going smoothly until his cloak caught under his foot causing him to stumble, he fell into the muck and the sudden movements alerted a beserker. The warrior pounced like a tiger on its prey, one of his axes sweeping down to cleave right into Gyle's skull. Gyle shifted his body feeling the axe dig slightly into his shoulder at the same moment a small bolt forced its way into his attackers heart. Growling, the warrior coughed blood onto Gyle's face before resigning himself to eternity. His steel mane jingled as Gyle slowly rolled the larger body off himself and continued his way to the generals' battle.

Oi...shoulder got quite a nick in it now. Got ta be awful careful if I draw too much more attention. Dun't want ta have everyone's eyes on me.

Coming into range behind Reinard he could see that obviously something was brewing. Damn magics...e'eryone relying on the mystics to give them the edge. The thieving warrior kept low to the ground offsetting his wounded arm by bracing the heavy bow with a knee. The bolt lined with Gruttleweed and Brille, was being aimed right for the feral king.

You really are favored by Ko'Rhas king...I wonder wut he'll think of ya, once ya 'ave your mind being overrun by chaos. Aye, we shall see soon enou....wut's that?

Before firing off the bolt his third eye caught the small flying object heading from the back lines. It zipped about heading straight for the king. Taking a deep breath Gyle waited to see the king's reaction before he would fire the bolt to pierce his back.

Mar
05-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Angelique watched Shyvarrah go down in glee. She had a clear shot for her head, when a flash caught her attention. Using her advanced vision, Angelique saw a small demon flying straight for where King Reinard was fighting. By it's speed and flight pattern, she could tell that it was a suicide run. Taking aim, she fired at it, the round flying straight and true. She would continuously reload and fire at it until it died.

CrestOfArtorias
05-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Sieglinde quickly realized the King's plans and praised Ko'Rhas in all his might as she was nearing the battle. However something else caught her attention, a sly person trying to near the battle himself, his eyes seemingly fixed on the King and he was wielding a crossbow. "Backstabbing rabble," she thought to herself, as she changed her destination. The man was trying to take cover in the grass, which was long stomped flat, by the Berserkers and Knights.

Though he took aim he did not fire right away, seemingly watching the King's movement. This proved to be a big mistake, as she was now upon him, using her superhuman speed she maneuvered herself near him, her steps concealed by the noise of battle. Coming from behind she used a nearby rock as a springboard, trying to jump onto the scoundrel's
back and planting Seelenschnitter as deep as possible in it.

E1Alpha
05-19-2013, 02:09 PM
"Fire!" Kilvas' command roared out, as flaming ballista bolts once more soared out over the wall, smashing deep into the Disgeran lines, sending heretic and demon rocketing skywards. With the ensuing chaos, Kilvas narrowed his eyes again, before raising his hand. "Shieldguard, hooold! Lock the walls!" In an immediate response, the shieldguard once more formed the impenetrable barrier with their towershields, keeping the Disgeran forces locked in place, which threw heretic after heretic onto the metal line. "Knights! At the ready!" With that, the lines of knights in the back once more prepared, spurring their horses. "Open the valves! Charge!" With that, the knights' horses reared up, before the Leongardian lines parted as they came charging through, breaking right into the Disgeran lines.

This spurred the flanking groups of berserkers and lionhearted to fight on even further, many of them following in Sogarr's trail as a large group of the same four armed demons came rushing forward to meet the charging barbarian head-on, seeking to smash him down and batter him to death with their four powerful arms.

The imp making its way to the duel between Cretoris and Reinard was soon to reach its destination, were it not that one of Angelique's shots managed to slice right through the little creature's wings, dismembering it and causing the critter to hurdle down to the ground, a few steps away from the rogue in hiding. However, it was still alive and capable of obeying his master's commands.

The rogue would be sure to find its end at the hands of Sieglinde, were it not that the female knight was already the target of someone else.
As she rushed towards the rogue to try and take him, she would find an impaled corpse of a lionhearted hurdling her way, which would do a good amount of damage at the speed she was running.
The corpse came from a large demon, which had broken through the flanking groups and came charging towards the dueling site, his sights set on Sieglinde as he grasped up another unlucky plate wearing soldier and flung him over towards the swift knight like a ragdoll.
The demon was however on a rampant charge that could trample Gyle to death if he stayed in position, which would potentially ruin his attempted assassination.

"Ko'Rhas... Great beast... Lend me your strength... Your vigor... Your courage... So that I may best this foe..." Reinard prayed as the dagger flew straight towards him, which would almost make it seem like it would land right in his forehead. However, before the dagger could hit, a powerful blue light erupted from the king, causing a beam to launch skywards. "Now... Behold the true power of Steel Evocation!"

Cretoris roared out as the annoying little girl was clawing away at his plated face, now able to grab the girl easily, closing his grip around her arm firmly enough to break it, before he'd try to fling her aside like a ragdoll, his eyes seeking to focus on Reinard once more.
The demon knight's eyes widened however as Reinard now stood before him with a new weapon (http://rpg.blackwand.net/Data/Items/Items/Glaive_of_Tabularum.jpg), a long glaive, with a ruby red blade, and a golden decorated shaft, aswell the aura of magical enchantment could be felt around it. Combining Reinard's sword, Sieglinde's spear and the enchantment from Llinos' dagger, Reinard had formed the ultimate weapon that would mean Cretoris' end, and he knew it.

"I call upon thee... Death Releaser... Heed my call and vanquish this cretin from this world... Have at thee, spawn of darkness!" With that, Reinard charged forward roared out as he brought his new weapon down to clash onto Cretoris, who was struck right in the shoulder, with the soul barrier seemingly breaking under the effect, but not yet pierced. "I will not be defeated like this, mortal!" With that, Cretoris roared out as he brought his blade up aswell and began to violently and uncoordinatedly swing it around to try and take down the king of Leongarde, who dodged and parried the ravaging blows with surprising ease, landing a succesful counter attack with every blow he dodged or parried. "You cannot win, cretin... This weapon will be your undoing!"

Nicky
05-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Llinos screamed as she was grabbed and thrown. Her arm burned like fire, and she was quick to hide behind a rock. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she touched her arm. it hurt worse than anything she's ever felt, but, she found she could still slightly bend it, and she could use her fingers. It started to swell, and she needed medical attention, she knew that, but she wouldn't be able to get a medic where she was. She stayed in her hiding place, but from where she was, she could still see Reinard. He was not but 20 feet away. With her good hand, she took out her silver flute, and with a wince, she begins to play. She plays the song of courage to aid Reinard in his battle and rive him forward.

Cfavano
05-23-2013, 04:37 AM
"You shall not bar my way, cretins!" He bellows out his magical roar, and calls upon his speed to spur him on. He darts and weaves through them. Lashing out once or twice when one arm comes near him. But they are not his true target, and he fights only to get through them, keeping his defenses up, and seeking only to pass, using every trick Rockmar had taught him. His true target is not the demons, or even the army of disgeran. His target is who or whatever cast the spell that killed his brother.

Even as he fights, tears stream down his cheeks as he continues his assault. His well-being, even his life is of no consequence to him, as long as he gets his hands on that mage. He knows not what the mage looks like, or even how to find it, but, Kho'ras help him, he will find a way.

Jacogos
05-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Verminathras winces mentally as the imp's wing is severed from its body, his mind melded just enough that he feels a faint sting of the pain that the tiny demon goes through. Regardless, however, he pushes the imp forward to do his bidding, the miniscule creature slowly getting to its feet as the battle unfolds around it.

Nearby, Verminathras sees, through the demon's eyes, Gyle and Sieglinde and the demon focusing on the latter of the former two. He also notices Cretoris and the newly equipped King of Cats, the glaive in his hands giving Verminathras a wonderful taste in his mouth. It was as if the blade was specially meant to fill one's heart with joy and lift one's spirits. It was accompanied by the faint lilting sound of music that did similar.

It made the plaguecaster want to heave.

Putting all the good feelings aside, Verminathras changed the spell that resided within the imp ever so slightly, the demon no longer glowing faint green. It was still charged to explode, but only upon death or another... more specific command. Scampering through the blood-stained grass, the imp closed on the duel between King and General within seconds, narrowly avoiding the charging demon's feet. As it closed on the king directly from his left-hand side, the imp bared its claws in preperation for Verminathras's plan.

Leaping from the ground with a single feeble beat of its lone wing, the imp aimed itself to latch on to the king's face, taking precaution to avoid the glaive and time when the warrior was moving to dodge Cretoris so as to predict better where to jump. Upon success, the imp would attempt to latch on to the man's face and not let go. Once there, it would wait for the king to try and grab at it, at which time it would detonate with the plague magic it was infused with. This way, the king's hand would take up a lot of the outward blast as well.

However, if it missed, but still latched onto the king, it would quickly climb up whatever limb it was on to try and reach the face before it was touched by the king's hand, which would incite a similar explosion as if it had landed on Reinard's face. If it missed COMPLETELY, the imp would simply hit the ground, resituate for a few seconds to allow Cretoris to obtain the King's attention again, then try again.

During this entire plan, Verminathras had slowly gotten to his feet back where he was, his eyes still closed as he shared the imp's sight. Based on where the imp had flown, he knew how to get to the duel and how to best avoid the battle below them. Without turning to them, Verminathras spoke to the warlocks behind him.

"I go to the aid of our General in his duel with the king. I would advise focusing your fire on the warriors charging us, as those fools down there seem hell-bent on singling us out," he said, beckoning to his plague hounds. The three demon dogs flanked him, one coming up beside him to act as a 'seeing-eye dog', and the four beings slowly began to make their way towards the duel, Verminathras's path going at an angle in an attempt to avoid notice.

The Imposter
05-24-2013, 02:02 AM
Although Gyle couldn't hear the approaching knight, everything around him screamed of an oncoming attack. The way the wind rushed by his body, alerted him. Then the thundering of the oncoming demon; the rogue sighed and lifted the crossbow from his knee before rolling forward from his kneeling position. The rushing demon charged past and Gyle quickly sprang to his feet and followed behind the demon using the charging mass as a screen to hide himself from view.

Unwilling to yield his bolt for the king the sly thief hastily reloaded his smaller crossbow. Patiently he waited for a new opportunity to strike chaos into the heart of the Ko'Rhas chosen. Coming closer he could hear the king spit out his confidence in his new weapon. Iffa weapon like 'hat will end Cretoris, I suppose it'd be best to not be in the 'ands of the royal mutt.

Raising his larger crossbow, the piece of cloth dangled in the wind quietly before the bolt sped off from its resting place at the King who had struck Cretoris. Figuring the ruler of Leongarde to be too focused to notice the coming bolt.

Mar
05-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Feeling that the imp was taken care of, Angelique returns her attention to the battle between Reinard and Cretoris. She has a clear shot at Cretoris's head, but something catches her attention. Focusing her eagle vision on it, it look like some ignoble cur is trying to shoot Reinard in the back. She aims carefully, slows her breathing, then holds her breath as she gently squeezes the trigger. The hammer strikes the percussion cap as a small report sounds, propelling the projectile out of the barrel with a large plume of smoke. The round spins in the air, the gyroscopic movement keeping it on course. The round flies straight and true, not erring in any direction. it closes in on her target, seeking to plant it's self in the base of the rogue's skull.

CrestOfArtorias
05-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Sieglinde slowed down to strike at the scoundrel so that she would not lose accuracy but was hit by an impaled body of a lionhearted. Knocked over by the corpse she was saved by her skills that were honed in countless battles, as her body hit the ground she curled up and negated most of the impact with it, using the momentum she did get back on her feet, now closer to Reinard.

The hit however did cause a lot of pain and she was certain that some of her rips were broken. But before she could concentrate to fight her new advesary she noticed that the rogue was again trying to aim at the King. While he was still reloading his smaller crossbow she activated her runes to once again use her superhuman speed and moved into his line of fire, just as he released the bolt. Using her magical shield she deflected the bolt and prepared to defend against the charging demon that was now behind the rogue and was hell-bent on killing her.

Tightening the grip around Seelenschnitter she smiled deviously and going into a combat ready stance she called out: "Come now darkspawn, meet our blade so that we can send thou back to the shadows!"

E1Alpha
05-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Shyvarra grinned, her spell finished as she vanished into thin air. "Time to have some fun..." The soldiers protecting her blinked confused, before being suddenly taken down by the rampant charging knights that broke into the Disgeran lines.

The demons that were trying to block Sogarr and the other barbarian's way roared out, many of the seasoned warriors falling to their might, but even more of the demon's ended up being outmatched in speed. However, like the one that faced the lone barbarian earlier, as soon as the finishing blow was delivered, the four-armed beasts erupted outwards into a powerful explosion, blasting the flanking groups apart.
Kilvas took notice of this, before signaling to the Warsmiths. "Let loose the bea-..." He was cut short as a familiar horn sounded over the battlefield.

As the rogue repositioned himself, the impending bolt that was meant to strike down Reinard was all of a sudden intercepted by the swift knight that rushed in the way, her superhuman speed allowing her to do so. However, she made the grave mistake of underestimating the strength of the crossbow bolt. Combined with the fact that this projectile required no magic to keep it on track, the full force of the shot was unleashed upon Sieglinde's barrier, which turned up to not be enough, as the bolt broke through barrier and buckler alike, digging itself into Sieglinde's shoulder, the one of her shieldarm.
However, Angélique still had a clear shot, and the demon that was charging at the knight earlier had only just slowed down enough to turn towards his new target, charging towards the now wounded knight. If Gyle was able to survive Angélique's shot, then he would now be at risk to once more be trampled by the charging demon.

Cretoris and Reinard were still locked in combat, with Reinard visibly taking the upper hand. It was only when the imp suddenly latched onto his arm that his focus was taken from him, this seen as an oppertunity by Cretoris, who came rushing in to strike his target down, slicing his blade straight at the king, who brought his weapon and arms up to shield himself. Cretoris' blade not only struck Reinard's weapon, but it also cleaved into the imp, that Reinard had held before him as a shield aswell, but as per Verminathras' plan, the imp detonated, blasting the two warriors apart, though Cretoris was hardly affected by the dark magic, grinning as the king was stumbling backwards to recover from the impact, coughing as the foul smell the explosion left behind, his arm visibly wounded. "Nothing but pure luck that hit was!" The two were about to continue their combat, until suddenly, a horn that Reinard knew all too well sounded.

The calling of the horn spread across the field, from the north-east, as atop the hills in the distance as shining white knight appeared, mounted upon a horse. To those hailing from Leongarde, it was obvious what was happening: The Silver Knights, the order of Prince Devan himself, had arrived, led by the prince. Reinard grinned as he glanced at Cretoris again. "Foolish demon. Now this battle is ours." Cretoris couldn't but chuckle, but he burst into laughter. "Is that what you think, upstart king? I'd have a closer look at your precious son!" Perked by curiousity, Reinard turned his sights to his son again, before they widened as behind were not the Silver Knights, but a line of dark, twisted warriors. Blackguard, mounted upon hellish horses. And next to his son, was the succubus, Shyvarrah. "Now my dear Devan... Kill them all... for me..." The prince's eyes glowed with black magic as he called out. "Outriders! Charge! For the Spectre of Chaos! And for Mistress Shyvarrah!" At that call, the prince charged, the dark riders following behind him as they came sweeping down to first run over the duel site, before they'd crash into the flanking Leongardian group, aswell as join the Disgeran assault.
King Reinard's eyes showed a broken heart. "No... My son... You foul cretin! What have you done with him!" Furious, Reinard rushed towards Cretoris and began working the dark soldier violently, who was hardly able to keep up the parries.

Nicky
05-27-2013, 10:41 PM
The horn-blow made Llinos flinch. She did not know what it meant, but it startled her. She saw that Reinard was struggling to fight against the daemon Cretoris. She thought that, perhaps, he was growing tired. She makes a quick dash for a pile of rubble on the other side of the dueling pair, looking like just a blur thanks to her expeditious retreat. Taking up her flute once again, she begins to play the song of respite. A soft song, it is, as as soon as Reinard hears it, all the stress he has will leave him, and any fatigue or tiredness he has will be washed away. It would be as if he had just stepped out onto the field.

Cfavano
05-29-2013, 03:56 AM
As explosions rock the battlefield behind him, Sogarr is knocked off of his feet, and has the wind knocked out of him. The blasts left him dizzy and his ears ring. However, a bit of shaking his head back and forth clears this up. He also has to spend a minute catching his breath. He remembers what he's doing, but his rage has abated for him to think more clearly. He knows not where he is, but, on the wind, he can smell the stench of rot and decay. A similar smell to the attack that caused Rockmar to be felled, but much more potent. He follows this smell through the woods, moving stealthily and silently. Finally, he sees the plaguecaster sneaking though, moving around the battle, followed by three hounds. Drawing three javelins, he takes aim as if he is hunting, and throws them at the dogs as if he was hunting them.

This, he follows up with a roaring charge. Once more drawing his axe, he charges straight for Verminathras, Unleashing his magic, fear-causing roar as he bring his axe down with all his might, aiming to cleave Verm in twixt. "This is for Rockmar!" He shouts, rage in his eyes. All that matters to him no is this one's death. If the dogs survived and got close, he would use his great cleave technique to attack them and Verm, and perhaps give himself some space.

Jacogos
05-29-2013, 05:18 PM
The death of the imp catapulted Verminathras back into his own mind, causing him to gasp and lean on his staff for a moment, his mind fighting the momentary death it had just experienced, naturally confused even though he logically knew what had happened. Shaking himself, Verminathras slowly began to move again, him and his hounds unaware of their new friend.

It was only when Megaera was pierced through the rump by a javelin that they became aware. Alerted by this, the other two hounds quickly moved out of the way of the oncoming javelins, Sogarr not able to throw them fast enough to catch them all off guard. Without hesitation, Alecto turns to his partner and, with his massive two-jawed mouth, grabs and rips the javelin out of Megaera, the hound whining from the pain but otherwise seemingly unaffected. She limped on her back leg on the side the spear hit and fiery blood oozed from the wound, yet she seemed more angered than injured.

Turning towards this newcomer, the three hounds howled in unison and leaped to intercept him, Verminathras muttering about the foolishness of a lone charge. At that moment, Sogarr's roar ripped through them, causing them all to falter for a moment. Verminathras turned to the man now, shaking himself with a bit of rage apparent on his face.

"You're a fool, pussy-cat..." he hissed. The dogs would reach Sogarr before he reached Verminathras, and so his great cleave technique would be used. However, the dogs were not so foolish as to all come at him from the front. Alecto and Megaera had split off to either side, well out of range of his attack. Tisiphone was indeed hit, though, her face cleaved apart by the mighty swing. Her cry shut off immediately, but her body kept going, likely tumbling into Sogarr's legs. A breath later, the body erupted in a small detonation, plague magic engulfing anything within a few feet of the body.

While this was happening, Alecto had circled around Sogarr's right hand side, now coming up behind him as Tisiphone exploded. Snarling, the hound aimed for Sogarr's hamstrings, aiming to cripple the man before going in for the kill. The dog's double-jaws allowed him to snap at both legs simultaneously. Megaera was still circling from Sogarr's left, a little slower because of the injury but that worked out for their hunting technique anyway.

During this, Verminathras began weaving an orb of plague, the sphere of corrosive energy hovering in front of him. He was still moving towards the duel site, but he kept his eyes on Sogarr the whole time, waiting for a chance. If the man ever turned his back on the caster to deal with a dog (such as Alecto of Megaera), Verminathras would toss the orb at him.

The Imposter
05-29-2013, 10:10 PM
As soon as Gyle had released his Gruttleweed and Brille bolt he had begun to move, however it had seemed someone from the wall had taken to his sneak deeds. A bullet sliced through his hood, ear and along his cheek. Slowly he cursed and praised his luck for having moved a moment earlier. That shot was incredible....a sense of awe gripped him before the ringing of pain that ensued. Almost paralyzed by the pain the rogue's other senses kicked in. Feeling the low rumble of the charging demon that was coming his way the sly thief narrowly escaped from its path as he lunged forward. Still in his spinning daze from the charging demon's pass the thief tumbled to the ground desperately trying to silence the pain in his face. Gyle's third eye caught where his large poison bolt had ened up, seeing it plunged into the lightning quick knight his lips curled changing the path of the steady stream of blood that ran down his face.

Enjoy the chaos...knight, you are 'ardly the king though.

Gyle decided that being out in the open was no longer an option. Not far from the clashing titans lay rubble, the stones seemed to shine brightly welcoming the rogue into their safe haven. As he sped to the shelter to get out of sight he could have sworn he heard music radiating a song from the stones. The ringing in his ears clouding most sound, or at least muffling it. Unsure if it was real or not the rogue jumped over the rubble to hide from the sniper, only to see a small Leongarde soldier holding a flute. Reaction took over and he quickly drew a dagger holding it with the blade pointing down. He stabbed trying get the blade between the instrument and vicing it between the blade and his forearm. As he pulled away trying to disarm the cowardly girl, his wounded arm drew his other dagger and struck out to stab the Leongardian in the chest.

Oi, no time for this...Cretoris needs help.

Mar
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Angelique cursed under her breath as the rogue got away, but at least the king was uninjured. Now, he turned her attention to the horn-blast. Looking in the direction of the sound, her eyes went wide. It was prince Devan! But why was he with that harlot. She saw the glow in his eyes, and had an idea. Perhaps he was dominated? Succubi are known to do that. They rape men and make them their slaves. The solution? Kill the damnable slut.

Taking aim with her trusty rifle once more, she calls upon her magical powers of accuracy. Zeroing in on Shyvarrah, she fires. The bullet zooms out of the barrel, spinning, and on target. it passes over the heads of the soldiers, going for one specific spot: right under Shyvarrah's left breast, where her heart SHOULD be.

CrestOfArtorias
05-31-2013, 05:34 PM
The bolt that had pierced Sieglinde's shield also had penetrated her shoulder armor and padding. Thankfully though the shield and the buckler, as well as the padding had taken away most of the impact and the bolts tip had only pierced the skin and did no significant damage to any muscles. She quickly removed the bolt and faced the charging demon, who was furious that his prey got away before.

Suddenly something seemed to cloud Sieglinde's mind and she became disoriented, suddenly dropping her guard, dropping to her knees. This however saved her life as the demon tried to swing at her in full charge, he ended up missing by a few inches, stopping to once again turn around and face the women.

"Poison, damned scoundrel no slander is beneath you eh?" Sieglinde thougt to herself as she wrestled with her battle hardned mind to regain her senses. She was lucky that the poision was short lived and because most of it was probably scraped off while the bolt penetrated her force field, she did regain her senses as the horn of the Titanium Knight was blown and as the demon was about to crush her into the ground. Activating her runes once again she utilized her superhuman agility to dodge the demon's slashing attack, coming in from below, she pivoted on her standing leg, wielding Seelenschnitter with both hands and using her speed to increase the momentum she was slashing at the beast's gut with all her power. Letting out a cry of pure anger that was burning with the cleansing fires of hate. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOcBLrs5m6U)

She was sure that if the blade would hit, that either the demon's spine would be severed or that Seelenschnitter would sap enough of its life energy to make it a smaller threat. Hoping that her maneuver and the razor sharp blade were enough to end this thing that was disgracing her with its presence.

Regardless if her blade would end her advesary or not, she rushed towards her King so she could aid him in the battle with the dark beast Cretoris. Having the opportunity to look towards the new arrivals, she was confused, what was the Prince doing here? She quickly recognized the Succubus next to him, realizing that for whatever reason he now served a different master. Hoping that Kilvas and the other officers understood the chance to take out the enemy cavalry with their muskets and arrows while they were charging, she pushed herself further to hasten her step in order to support the King.

"Ko'Rhas mighty beast, majestic ruler of the heavens, give us strength so that we may overcome this despicable treason, let thine pack drive off these abominations that destroy thine hunting grounds and let us bring justice to those that defy thine right of rule!" The prayer in heart she prepared to attack the struggling Cretoris from his blindspot.

E1Alpha
06-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Kilvas cursed audibly, before he directed his attention over the field again, assessing the situation rapidly, before nodding himself as he made a quick decission. "Knights. Fall back. Shieldguard, lock the lines. Archers, musketeers, concentrate your fire upon the fallen knights if you can get a clear shot. Focus on the main army otherwise! Ballistae, prepare for the next firing round!" Before Kilvas could continue with his orders, a musketeer came rushing up to him. "General!" The elder man turned around and nodded to the musketeer, who continued. "We've spotted that damnable mage that has been the one to deliver victory to Disgeran on all past battlefields. That plaguecaster. We've spotted him nearing the dueling site of our king. His hounds have engaged a sole berserker that tried to go for him, but he's sure to try something." The elder general scratched his chin, before gazing out to the field, making quick enough assumptions. "He's too far for any of our musketeers or archers... Very well." He turned his attention to the ballista's again. "You men at the very end, turn your two ballistae towards the king's location." He indicated the general location. "And prepare to fire at maximum range!" The men nodded as they quickly adjusted the aiming of the ballistae, before waiting for the signal, which was soon to come: "Fire!" Bolts were lit on fire, before they were blasted off, most of them striking into the slowly shrinking army that was battering Leongarde's gates, except for two ballista shots, who were sent flying towards the infamous plaguecaster.

The knights had in the meantime rapidly obeyed the commands of their general, falling back behind the shieldguard, who once more formed their impenetrable defenses, not letting heretic nor demon get past them.

The demon that was seeking to take down the squirly knight found itself skewered immediatly, but not before he'd try to lock his arms around the knight in a last attempt, roaring out as he erupted into a blazing inferno, seeking to incinerate the knight completely. Even if the knight was able to escape the demon's grip, she would find that the impact from the explosion would be enough to disrupt her attack on Cretoris enough to stall it.

The relentless horde of knights came charging down, led by the corrupted prince, who seemed to have forgotten all about his previous loyalties.
Shyvarra herself still stood in place, preparing herself to take her leave when a sudden sharp pain ripped through her body, which was launched backwards by the force of the bullet impacting upon her body, grunting as she slid over the trampled grass, looking down to her body to find a bullet hole, seeping with blood. "Agh... Sh-shit! That bloody..." She coughed up some blood as she snarled, folding her wings together and bringing her body to a roll to take cover behind some rocks, out of sight of the damned sniper. "If I... was still mortal... that would have killed me... Ngh... That cretin needs to go..." She wanted to act, but even her demonic body couldn't cope with the pain that soared through, just staying in place for now as she used her own fiery magics to sear her wounds shut.

Reinard snarled, continuing his assault on Cretoris, although he was well aware that his priorities had to be shifted now. With a final well-placed parry, Reinard sent the mighty demon knight stumbling back, almost toppling over as he increased the distance between them again by leaping back, calling out with his powerful roar, the sky echoing with his voice. "Now... Ko'Rhas... Grant us your power... For we call upon your immortal legion!" Reinard rose his weapon skyward with that, to which the Warsmiths on the walls knew what to do, why they saved up most of their power, as they now began chanting in unison, as their king called out once more. "Bestow upon us, sword and shield... Heart and soul... Unleash your fury... Housed within the steel of ages... Rise up... Legion of Steel!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu704zt0VDU) With that, Reinard struck his weapon down on the ground, which cracked and ruptured with powerful magic, the cracks spreading across the entire battlefield, as the very earth began rumbling furiously. Finally, objects rose up from the blood-stained ground, covered in mud and dirt, as rows of suits of armor emerged from their eternal slumber, almost forming an extension of the mighty Leongardian wall. The second the suits of armor were fully emerged, their hollow eyes ignited with a blue flame, as they kicked into gear, drawing sword and shield as the man-height soldiers marched forward, the shieldguard breaking their lines to let the powerful and unstoppable warrior march on. Immune to pain, unknown to fear, the mighty Suit-At-Arms were called upon as Leongarde's final defense. The large array of metal soldiers also formed the steel wall that stood up to welcome the dark knights into Leongarde, locking their shields as they prepared for their arrival. King Reinard knew when to fall, as he retreated behind the metal lines, hoping that the two soldiers that came to his aid will be able to survive aswell. Cretoris had only just completely regained his composure as he now gazed down upon a legion of steel soldiers. He knew his soul barrier was at his limits, and he wasn't that much of a fool to not notice there was a sniper on the Leongardian walls, so he made his next brash decission. "I have slain the mightiest of your tin cans before, now I shall slaughter all of these aswell, and add their power to my own!" With that, Cretoris roared out, calling upon the souls of those who fall in this battle, replenishing part of his soul barrier as he charged forward, with the dark knights closing in to back him up as he sought to cleave into the metallic lines, roaring out in pure rage.

Nicky
06-03-2013, 12:02 PM
"Ah!" Llinos yelped as the Rogue started attacking her. She managed to avoid the dagger going into her chest, but with her wounded arm, she found it very difficult to fight in a clinch, so she did the first thing that popped into her head. She attempted to kick Gyle in the crotch with all her might, trying to drive her boot to crush Gyle's man-parts, before running away to safety with the aid of her expeditious retreat.

Cfavano
06-05-2013, 01:58 AM
As the daemon dog named Tisiphone was beheaded, but kept going, Sogarr reacted and rolled to the side, just as the thing exploded. However, his finely made armor manages to hold up, and part of his arm has second degree burns (from the decay). As Meg lunged at him, he twirls his body in a pirouette, bringing his axe in a mighty underhand swing at the lunging beast. This, increases the strength of the blow, as the possible force exerted is increased from the spin, however this time, he uses the blunt end, and not the blade. After this technique, Sogar continues his charge against the mage, serpentining in a random pattern, before ducking low and rushing him, throwing all his weight on him to topple him over. If this succeeds, he would then bring his axe down in a mighty overhand swing. "Die, Cretin!" He would shout,

Jacogos
06-05-2013, 04:47 AM
Shocked that the man had known he was there, Alecto took the axe handle to the face and was knocked away. It only took a moment before the hound was back on his feet, however, only a little dazed from the blow. With Maegara at his side, the two plaguehounds came up behind the berserker as he rushed Verminathras.

Whilst preparing his attack, Verminathras had kept an eye on the happenings of the duel and was greatly displeased by what he saw. The suit-at-arms are here and the King is out of my grasp... Damn it all! he hissed mentally, now returning his attention to the man before him. Having withheld his orb, Verminathras could only manage one spell before the man would be on him. And with him dodging about like that, a direct attack wouldn't be the smartest.

Knowing that the man's momentum would be too much to avoid the attack, Verminathras took the orb and crushed it just before Sogarr was on top of him, expelling a thick, green mist identical to the one that had taken Sogarr's ally. It burst out to cover a few feet in front of the plaguecaster before slowly evaporating, but likely not before the barbarian was already within it and breathing it in. Not only that but Verminathras's insect swarm would swoop in to hassle him, any one of their bites enough to transmit their stamina-draining disease.

Being knocked back by the man's attack might have saved the plaguecaster, however, as only a second later did a flaming ballista bolt crash into the ground where he had been, earth and flames erupting from the landing site. A similar bolt crashed only few yards away, overall doing much less than its inanimate companion. The fire killed a lot of Verminathras's insect cloud, but the remainder moved back to their master as he slowly picked himself off the ground, swearing profusely at the burns that his cloak did not protect him from.

At that moment, Maegara and Alecto, the latter a few seconds behind the former, lept at Sogarr from behind, former aimed for his legs and the latter aimed for his arms if he tried to retaliate.

The Imposter
06-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Seeing his attack hadn't succeeded as planned Gyle quickly moved his right hand blade to block the little warriors desperate maneuver. The small one quickly retreated just as the King was yelling out. His words booming forth in a triumphant roar. Not wasting a moment Gyle was sure both his crossbows were ready to fire, just as the earth spat forth the swarm of metal soldiers.

With Reinard's retreat and Cretoris' charge the rogue was left trying to decide on what action he should take. The brevity of the whole process of deciding seemed much longer than it actually was. With a deep breath the thief moved out from his cover joining the charge with the general and the dark knights. With his heavy bow drawn he released a bolt aim down to anchor the closest hollow suit to the ground, letting the rest of the charge attack.

Mar
06-07-2013, 01:22 PM
She grins as the bullet pierces Shyvarrah's chest. Reloading, she gazes at the charge. Remembering Her orders, she sorrowfully takes aim at Prince Devon. Knowing that, at this range the odds of her hitting him are quite high. When she had found out about his corruption, she had inwardly cursed Disgeran. While she would never admit to loving any man, she had found Devan...appealing. In training, she had tried to talk to him, but she had always become tongue-tied. But now...he was no longer the man she cared for.

With a tear going down her non-aiming eyes, she takes careful aim, being sure to lead her shot. "Adieu, mon amour. Le fait de séparer est un tel chagrin doux." She squeezes the trigger, and with a blast, like how it had happened so many times before, her projectile shot out, spinning, from the barrel. Flying straight and true, he goes on-course to The area just above Devan's collarbone, where his armor does not protect. If it veers off-course, however, it could still inflict a grievous wound, hitting either jugular or carotid, or even puncturing a lung.

CrestOfArtorias
06-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Seelenschnitter was sapping the demon's energy and cut through his flesh like a hot knife through butter, separating bones and tendons. Feeling that her attack had hit Sieglinde quickly charged off to aid her King. Her prey crying out in rage as his final attack was not able to engulf her in fire.

She nearly arrived as her King decided to prepare for the oncoming attack, sending the demon Cretoris back with a dazzling display of skill. Rainard's mighty voice was thundering through the plains, reaching every man and beast as Ko'Rhas's Avatar called forth the immortal legions of metal warriors burried beneath the plains of Northwatch.

Rainard was retreating and so Sieglinde decided to join her King, since she had to catch her breath. Keeping her distance so she would not interfere with his Highness's doings, but close enough to act should anything threaten his life she allowed herself a moment of rest.

Eyeing the enemy approach she was wondering what Disgeran was thinking, they were riding into a deathtrap, infront of them was a wall of nearly immortal beings, which would not tire and felt no pain, to their left side was the wall, out of their reach riddled with archers and musketeers and to their right was the shieldguard, no matter where they would turn there was no hope of getting through. Even considering Cretoris, who looked like he had reached his limit or would so soon and the fallen Prince, she was unable to understand their strategy. She turned towards what was left of the Disgeran main forces and then returned to observe the assault of the incoming riders.

The Disgeran main forces had lost their momentum and the knights were again chipping away at the army's core while the flanks were still under attack, the artillery fire also took its toll, she was sure that whatever the battle would bring it would soon be over.

Approaching her King she bowed in courtesy," your Highness, forgive our intrusion, but we will join the immortal legion in order to hold the beast, we shall attack it from its blind spot to strip it of its dreaded barrier. If that happens it will not be able to resist his Higness any longer. Please allow us to ask for Ko'Rhas's blessing so that we can aid the King of Kings!"

E1Alpha
06-09-2013, 04:05 PM
As the entire battle began to reach its climax with the arrival of the Legion of Steel, a sudden figure appeared at the warlock lines, who turned rapidly towards it, discovering it was a badly wounded Shyvarra, grunting as she held her hand over a bleeding wound in her chest. "Bloody sniper... I'll make sure I'll make a nice little plaything out of you..." Her attention then diverted to the warlocks. "Don't just stand there like a bunch of idiots! Those metal suits of armor are being kept alive by the warsmiths on the wall! Combine your powers to kill them, dammit!" Right as she finished that sentence, she coughed up a good amount of blood, gritting her teeth as she wiped the remainder from the corner of her mouth. The warlocks however were quick to respond, pooling their energies together once more as Shyvarra settled herself in a crouched position to recover her strength after her desperate teleport.

Angelique's shot rang out, but her bullet found itself not digging into the target she hoped. Instead, it found itself a new home in the head of one of the blackguard, who had increased his riding speed to rush past the prince, just like many others did, revealing that they were not going to let the prince rush in headfirst.

Just as the new frontlines were approaching eachother rapidly, Reinard's attention was drawn to the female knight, narrowing his eyes as she pledged for his blessing, before raising his gaze to look at the frontline. It took him a good second, but finally, he grabbed his newly crafted spear firmly, magic engulfing it to reform in the image of the knight's sword. "Your blade alone will not be enough. Carry with you this weapon, it is combined with my own blade and an enchantment that is able to break through that demon's barrier. I give you this, so you can use it to accomplish a perhaps impossible feat. Capture my son. Alive." The king spoke up firmly, before he stabbed his blade into the ground before Sieglinde, not waiting for her accepting the request as he marched off towards the back of the Leongardian lines. His battle with Cretoris had worn him out, especially with the summoning of the Steel Legion, but he still had other plans for his dark adversaries.

Finally, the dark riders and Cretoris crashed into the rows of metal knights, who counter-attacked in perfect unison, immediatly slaying or grounding a good number of riders. However, the dark soldiers utilized a strategy that any Leongardian soldier knew. THe first row of knights rushed in, but pulled to a staggering stop, as enough room was left in between them for the second row of knights to rush through, which would strike at distracted defenses and thus easily shatter them. It was one of the tactics that Devan used with his knights, and it would appear that the blackguard also maintained it.

This however was not the biggest concern, as Cretoris hammered away at the rows of iron suits, breaking them down with great ease, but most worryingly of all, their power seemed to be sucked out of them and into the demonic soldier with every death, thus infusing Cretoris once more with additional power. "Leongardian King! I'm coming for you!" Cretoris laughed out as he swiped down suit after suit, power surging into him. Desperate, archers and marksmen began to focus their fire upon Cretoris once more, whose soul barrier seemed to deflect any of the shots without him even noticing it.

The bolt Gyle fired off towards one of the suit-at-arms would dig itself into the armor, but the warrior seemed completely unphased by, as the bolt visibly fell out of a crevice in lower parts of the armor again, having accomplished absolutely nothing.

Nicky
06-11-2013, 12:45 PM
As Llinos ran away from the battle, back o the Leongarde controlled area, she managed to find a medic who bandaged her arm. After her arm had been taken care of, she assisted the medics in taking care of the wounded, taking the role of a battlefield nurse. Though she had no training in this field, she did prove to be very helpful.

Cfavano
06-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Using his Heightened agility, Sogarr quickly changes direction and leaps out of the fog. "Your tricks won't work on me mage, I have seen them and know what they do! You shall die this day for ending the life of my brother!" The insects he has little defense for, however, and some bite him. He feels their power working on him, but he forces his body to keep moving, Keeping Rockmar's memory at the front of his mind to drive him on.

Sogarr then faces the dogs, and, using his heightened agility once more, he attempts to front kick the undeside of Meg's jaw with his boot, knocking her off course, and would slam his axe into the side of Alecto's head, to knock her down as well.

After that, he would charge Verm and swing his axe in a might downward chop. "Die now, Daemon! You shall pay for all those you have killed!"

Jacogos
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Maegara took the kick with a short yelp. Her momentum kept her going forward, resulting more than likely in the plaguehound landing under Sogarr. Alecto had not planned on Sogarr's enhanced speed and took the axe to the side of the head, the weapon burying itself inside the demonic creature's skull. Likely this would take a few extra seconds for Sogarr to remove the axe from the dog, time during which the bleeding beast would attempt a few more chomps at the Leongardian.

And thus Verminathras was left with only a few scant moments of reprieve, every second counting for what he had planned. The King had retreated. Disgeran was mounting what was likely the last of their offensives. All that was left was those final dozens of yards between Disgeran and the walls of Leongarde...

Even should I fall here, I must pave the way... Verminathras thought grimly, feeling Alecto's life-force draining as the axe bit into him, the link between demon and summoner vague most of the time but noticeable under stress. You fought well, my pets...

Throwing the rest of his energy into a final attack, Verminathras prepared himself for the inevitable. As he did so, his final words were sent to someone very few Disgeran even bothered to speak to.

"Spectre of Chaos, Lord of the Void, you have been absent from this fight for far too long," Verminathras hissed, hoping that this final desperate attempt might get through to the illusive Meragaia. "Ko'Rhas has made a fool of you and your army, his warriors throwing any and everything they have at us. Too long have you stood in the shadows. I call on your great power to show these pathetic pussycats who is their true lord and master! Grant me the ability to purge these fools in your name and blast aside all who would oppose you!!!"

With those final words, Verminathras tossed every last bit of his remaining magic into a sphere of plague magic, burning through his enhanced endurance like a hot knife through butter. Whether or not Xakh'Raah answered his call, the plaguecaster was going to make SOMETHING of this attack...

Heaving, Verminathras tossed the orb just before Sogarr would cleave his axe into the mage's shoulder, likely parting arm from trunk.

The aim was not for the Leongarde bulk army. Nor was it towards the Legion of Steel.

Instead, Verminathras had aimed his spell directly for the gates of Leongarde, where the Shieldguard were grouped. He was hoping for a repeat of Lion Woods, where his corrosive magic would eat into the stone and cause a collapse. Anything else would have to come from the Spectre of Chaos himself.

Let's hope you heard me, Spectre... the plaguecaster thought grimly.

The Imposter
06-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Gyle moved trying to dodge another attack from the legion of steel. The unliving warriors continued their offense with unprejudiced action. His only defense was weaving in and out of the oncoming blows. Seemingly able to move faster than the oncoming attacks, Gyle pursued Cretoris' mad rush.

Smirking the thief pulled out two vials from his small pouch. As he entered the make shift gap created be the Nightbringer's attack, the rogue quickly mixed the contents of one vial into the other. Seeing the oncoming fire being deflected from the demon knight caused Gyle to shutter, getting close was going to be difficult and potentially devastating. With the mixture in hand he moved closer to Cretoris, unsure if he'd be shot or cleaved by the general himself.

'Nightbringer, your rage 'as always been 'n aspect that has pleased The Spectre of Chaos...Take this...Potpournicle and Brille. 'nhancing your rage, pleasin' Xakh'Raah. A chaotic gambit, is all I'm able to do.'

If Cretoris would receive the new mixture or not mattered little. Unable to do much else, the rogue began making his way back retreating.

Mar
06-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Angelique curses her luck, and from hearing the King's command in a whisper-down-the-lane fashion, she knows she cannot assist. She scans the battlefield with her gaze, zeroing in on the last known position of the warlocks. It turns out that there is activity again. Shyvarrah is there as well. Angelique is torn, she has a clear shot at the Disgeran Queen, but if the warlocks do what they want, something bad might happen. She makes her decision, realizing that she might only be able to put out one shot, and she has to make that shot count.

Raising her rifle once more, she goes down to her knee, bracing the gun against the edge of the wall to steady it. This might be the most important shot she has ever taken, and she has to be sure that it will hit. As she zeroes in on getting Shyvarrah line up, she recites an old prayer in her head for luck: Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. She exhales gently, and cocks the hammer. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. She gently grips the rifle in her hands, pulling the butt of the stock back into her shoulder pocket. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. She closes her one eye, and aims down the sights, putting her finger on the trigger. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. She then inhales and holds her breath as she gently squeezes the trigger as the hammer falls. Amen.

With a bang the lead projectile is sent spinning out of the barrel. Time seems to slow as it flies through the air, on it's steady and straight course, erring not to the left or the right. Angelique watches the bullet as it flies, going over the heads of the soldiers fighting below. This has her entire attention, it is her whole world. The bullet has passed over the main battle, and is now less than 100 feet from Shyvarrah. This is it. For all I am, Kho'Ras, please let it hit! The bullet is now near Shyvarrah. Whether it hits or misses is in the hands of fate.

CrestOfArtorias
06-17-2013, 05:17 PM
In awe Sieglinde pulled the lance from the ground, honored by the gift that the King had bestowed upon her. Turning towards the incoming riders her face was brimming with enjoyment. "I will not fail you, my King" she said to herself before she joined the iron warriors that battled both the riders and the beast Cretoris who plowed through them as if they were dried wheat fields. Captured in his own rage however surrounded by dozens of enemies his attention was likely focused on other, bigger things than her. As she utilized her runes, to cut through a gap between the iron warriors. He was striking down one of the constructs and was about to pull his blade from the destroyed
torso as she suddenly appeared next to him.

Everything slowed down for her, the movement of the machines around her, the demon's movements and even her own, as the sound around her ceased to matter and her focus shifted on this on single point. A gap between the beast's forearm and upper arm, where the armor had to be flexible. Pivoting at superhuman speed, she used the momentum to bring down the weapon that was granted to her by the Avatar of Kho'Ras, a weapon Cretoris had learned to fear in this battle, for his ill magick would not protect him from this blade. She hoped that the momentum, speed and the holy blade would be enough to cut through the beast's armor and to either sever his forearm or at least severly wound his sword arm.

If her attack would hit and would result in either of the two options, she would than cut down the knights infront of her who were fighting the iron warriors, while they were riddled with arrows and bullets. Once she would reach the vicinity of the prince though, she would focus entirely on dodging, to finally throw herself at full speed against the prince's horse's flank in hope of dismounting him. Very well knowing that this would hurt quite a lot.
"Divine beast who has iluminated my path and guided my hand in this battle, please lend me thine power one more time, for I seek to return this stray cub to its pack, so that it will roar once again with your servants, oh King of kings, may thine grace be upon us and thine enemies crushed for they deny you your place amongst the heavens!!"

E1Alpha
06-18-2013, 08:10 AM
<Post Limit has been reached (finally)>
<Judging will now commence>

E1Alpha
06-19-2013, 08:50 AM
The battle was turning more and more climactic. Sogarr continued his relentless charge towards the plaguecaster, and Llinos tried to assist the field medics as best as she could.

Sieglinde's coordinated attack was well executed, as her blade dug itself deep into the crevice in between Cretoris' armor, causing him to roar out furiously. However, combined with the combat drug provided by Gyle, this seemed to have a completely opposite effect on the dark knight. His fury seemed to have increased tenfold, which could be felt from a sickening aura around him, almost sucking the lifeforce out of anyone nearby, though that anyone would only be Sieglinde at this point. Cretoris's charge doubled in pace as he swiped through the Legion of Steel, guiding the dark riders in his wake.

Angelique's gunshot rang out, as her bullet spiralled out of her gun, soaring across the battlefield, set upon digging itself into Shyvarra's cranium. However...

The shadowy skies looming over the Disgeran forces began to churn, crying and howling out as it almost seemed like all who died this battle screamed out in unison, their very essence almost seeming at risk as a dark power seemed to radiate out of the shadowy sky, ancient demonic chanting echoing over the field. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXsFk3v-_E)
The warlocks in the backlines gasped and quickly dropped to their knees, stopping any chanting they were doing. Because of the sudden movement of the warlocks, one ran straight into the course of Angelique's bullet, catching it in his side as he dropped down. Shyvarra glanced at this and snarled, rushing off to find herself some cover now to avoid being shot at again.

"Kho'Rhas...." The voice echoed over the field. "I am coming for you... Brother..." With that, a dark burst of energy came crashing down out of the sky, right on top of Verminathras, he who was so foolish as to call upon the dark meragaia's power. The impact of the energy blast would knock Sogarr right off of his feet and seemed to immediatly dispell and sacrifice Verminathras' hounds, as a raging maelstrom of dark energies now surrounded Verminathras as he prepared his spell. "You dare call upon me, mortal? You dare question my power? My strength? You dare question my will to see this world consumed by chaos? Very well then... I will show you the true power of the Spectre of Chaos..." Verminathras would almost feel as if he was being ripped apart, but he would still be able to cast his spell and launch it towards the Leongardian gate. This time however, the dark energies that surrounded the plaguecaster drained a large portion of his life force and his mana reserves aswell, before fusing together with the plague orb that Verminathras had thrown towards the gate, turning the projectile into a horrific, winged plague demon, infused by pure shadows. Omnious laughter echoed from the being as it rushed on a crash-course towards the Leongardian gate, crying out. "Daaaaaarkneeeeeeess!"

Reinard stood at the gate, his eyes narrowing as he gazed at the dark monster rushing for their defensive lines. "A final resort... They're losing... And their meragaia has intervened... Not if I can help it." Placing his fists against eachother, a loud metallic clang echoed the Leongardian backlines, as powerful magic erupted from the king, his fist raising up to smash into the ground. "Ko'Rhas. Silver Lion. Protector of our people. Heed my pledge. Protect us from the shadows!" As the avatar of Ko'Rhas himself, Reinard's prayers were immediatly answered, as from the sky descended a blast of powerful magical energy, crashing down upon Reinard, before redirecting itself skywards, soaring straight for the plague demon that was about to decimate the Leongardian forces. Seconds later, it happened. The power of two gods clashed above the followers of either. Shadow and magic danced in the sky, but slowly, a spectral lion would begin to appear over the entire scene, a godly, deep voice calling out. "Xakh'raah... You do not belong here... Your shadows are powerless in the lands guided under my protection. Your power comes from fear, but those loyal to me know no fear. They know no retreat. They know only valor and bravery. Let this be a warning to you, brother. Begone from my realm!" With that, a thunder roar followed, as the plague demon blasted backwards and dispersed. God had clashed with god, but ultimately, the home advantage, and the powerful will of the Leongardians proved to be more powerful than the fear Xakh'raah imbued in his followers.

With seeing their god beaten back, man and demon alike began retreating. The charge of the dark knights was broken. The prince of Leongarde stood clueless without the guidance of his new mistress, as the remainder of his knights fled.

Only one man could not stop his relentless charge, overcome by rage and fury, the demonic monster that towered above the suit-at-arms, Cretoris, continued crushing and destroying every single automaton he could find. His demonic rage, combined with the poison that Gyle infused him with to increase his rage, took away what was left of Cretoris' sanity, as his rampage plowed through the Leongardian ranks, though he soon stood alone.

General Kilvas descended from his position to join the king, as both men gazed at the demonic lost being that was hellbent on destroying them. "A dog that ate a poison prey has lost itself in its hunger. That thing cannot be saved anymore. We should kill it, and dispose of the corrupted armor." The king nodded slowly to Kilvas' suggestion. "I have given that knight my enchanted weapon... She will be able to take him out. Once that is done. I will grant the Legion of Steel their rest once more, and we shall gather our fallen, and burn the unlucky heretics." With that, Kilvas nodded, who began ordering their troops to round up everything, and keep ready to help subdue Cretoris after Sieglinde would do the initial damage.

Jacogos
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Verminathras knelt there, overcome with pain and muscle spasms, quite unable to move for a few moments. He panted heavily, anger, frustration, despair, and, for once in his life, the traces of fear all battling for dominance in his mind. The rush of that much power flowing through him... It was a high that he had yet to feel before. The pain that came afterwards was nothing compared to that euphoria.

And one day I will wield power like that... he thought, pain lacing even his mental voice. Slowly cranking his head to the side, the plaguecaster noticed the berserker who had dogged him this far was knocked aside, slowly coming to now. Blast... There's no way I'll be able to get away now... he continued, barely able to keep himself up whilst leaning on his staff.

The ground began to rumble, however, as the Disgeran horde was falling back, fleeing the scene.

In their direction.

Lovely, now I get trampled to death... he grunted mentally, forcing his body through the pain. He would feel this for days to come, but for now, he had to push through it. He. Had. To. Survive. Standing on his feet again, Verminathras awaited the black horde, then disappeared into it, the last few hundreds of Disgerans consuming him like a pebble into the sea.

I will be back for you, Leongarde... And next time, you won't be nearly as lucky as you were. Verminathras promised, hobbling his way through the horde that rushed past him. He would have time to rest later. For now, he must get back to the soothing taint of Lion Woods. He would survive this day.

And then, he would come back to rip Leongarde's heart out through its chest.

Cfavano
06-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Before the shockwave knocked him away, he managed to grab on to Verm's robe. When Sogarr felw backwards, The part of the ragged robe flew off with him. The hit was hard, and Sogarr felt himself black out. After an unknown (to him) amount of time, He begins coming to. His vision is blurry, and his ears are ringing. Sogarr begins shaking the cobwebs from his head as he stands up.

Feeling the vibration in the ground, He turns to face the rushing Disgeran stampede. Unable to fight them all, and unwilling to be stampeded, he looks for a safe area. Noticing a tree, He hooks the axe to his back, and climbs up it. The Heretics rush aroun him, but because he is in the tree, they do not trample him. Looking at the scrap of cloth in his hand, he faces the horde and shouts. "You cannot hide forever, mage! I shall avenge Rockmar, and your head shall hang from my belt!"

The Imposter
06-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Gyle staggered as he moved forward through the retreating Disgeran forces. His crossbow hung in his limp arm and sometimes caught the ground with a thud. The whole battle he could feel the chaos about him, a melody enticing his mind. Now it was gone, a small remnant fleeting away after seeing the Spectre seemingly brushed aside. The strange feeling that cocooned him was the small seedling of faith being smashed.

Xakh'raah....wot a crock. The mangy lion king pissed on its fear.

The booming words from earlier still echoed in Gyle's mind. The rogue found himself chewing on a fingernail when the words of a few heretics pierced through the wall of frustration.

'Did you see it brother? The Spectre appeared! Spoke out, graced us with its presence.'

'I did. Did you feel it, the Chaos? To be so bathed in its essence...'

'Oi, shut up ya fools. Don't ya see? Your mighty Spectre was defeated just as much as we were.'

The two heretics quickly turned to face the thief before there eyes lit up once again. The stepped closer and smiled. The toothless menacing grins were unbearable yet didn't allow one to look away.

'Do you see brother....'

'Aye...'

'Every seed must die, so that which comes next can grow...'

The cryptic words put the standoffish rogue over the edge and he pushed his way past them. When they would retire to the Lion Woods he would be sure to find something better suited to his skill set.

Mar
06-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Looking at the retreating Disgeran Horde, Angelique smiles. Turning to the man next to her, she holds out her palm. "Alright, pay up, we won." The man looks flabbergasted. "You speak common?!" "Of course I do, I'm not a savage." The man grumbles and hands over a fairly large bag of coin. "You always seem to win." "That's because I'm lucky." She says with a wink, before turning to a fellow female musketeer, grabbing her, and kissing her.

CrestOfArtorias
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Sieglinde's attack did hit and she inflicted a grave wound upon Cretoris's swordarm. However the beast of Disgeran seemed to finally lost what little was left of its sanity as it roared out in an unnatural fury. His aura becoming both more unstable but also more powerful, seemingly trying to consume whatever was close to him. As she was already on the move to reposition herself, she was able to avoid prolonged exposure to his essence draining aura.

Like a rabid dog the demon known as Cretoris was ploughing through the lines of the Iron Legion, striking at everything that moved. Gone was his skill, instead it was replaced with mindless rage. "Now is the time to strike," she thought to herself. Tightening the grip around her gifted weapon she readied herself, before she called out to the beast.
"Beast of Disgeran, a worm like you should stay on the ground where it belongs!"

Like an unnatural puppet Cretoris's head turned towards her, though she wasn't exactly sure if his mind had been able to even understand what she had said. Regardless the beast charged her way, its eyes burning with insanity and casually smashing one of the Suit-At-Arms aside that had been trying to block his path. His voice now even more distorted and maniacal was calling out,"kill, kill, KILL!!!"

Finally reaching her, he sought to bring down his dark blade ontop of that little lady that was standing infront of her. However with his skill gone he proved to be an easy opponent for the seasoned warrior, utilitzing her speed she sidestepped his attack which burried his blade deep within the earth.

With a strong, precise stab of her bladed spear she aimed for Cretoris's knee crook, easily piercing both the soul barrier as well as the chainmail protecting this weakspot. The hulking giant's charge suddenly came to an apprupt halt as his leg did not react to his commands anymore, forcing him down on his knee.

"Rabid dog kneel you are in the presence of the King!!" She cried out, while twisting the spear before she pulled it back. Still confused of what had happened the giant was looking for the origin of the voice, roaring as he recognized the one he had sought to kill moments ago. As he tried to bring up his sword arm once more, his injuries finally took their toll, while his strength forced the blade into the air, his accuracy was all but gone as was his unnatural speed.

Bringing down her weapon in an overhead, pivoting motion she was striking at the wound she had inflicted earlier. Sparks, dark blood and tissue were flying as her blade easily cut through his ellbow crook, severing metal, bone and flesh, creating a mixed sound of metal hitting metal and a disgusting wet, squishy sound as the blade exited the beasts arm again. The forearm and blade now severed from it's masters body were flying over Sieglinde's head and the beast, overwhelmed by its own strength toppled, landing on its back with a loud thud. Fueled by the newly inflicted pain and his boundless insanity, he reached out with his massive armored hand to crush that nuisance that had stopped him from killing. Once again stepping back and swinging her polearm Sieglinde forced the blade between the beast's fingers, splitting its hand in two. Though insane and fueld by rage and the poision he had received from the Rogue, the pain started to pierce through the fog that was clouding Cretoris's mind, or what was left of it.

Not willing to wait for another attack Sieglinde stepped forward onto the demon's chest plate and with a powerful stab, she rammed her spear through the beast's visor into one of the searing, redhot burning eyes, sending a jerk through the demon's body. With a powerful warcry she twisted the spear to make sure whatever rested behind that black visor would plague the lands of Leongarde no more.

As Cretoris's movements finally stopped she allowed herself a moment of rest, catching her breath, before she jerked the spear around once more, Sieglinde was sure now that the beast was dead without a doubt. Her gaze swept over the battlefield. Her eyes located the Prince who stood there confused and absent minded. Gone were his dark riders and he was left alone there infront of the wall that protected his homeland. Whatever had happened seemed to have broken the spell.

Leaving behind the spear that was planted inside of Cretoris's skull she walked over to him, grabbing the reins of his horse while calming it. The Prince still trapped in a veil of uncertainty and confusion, unaware of his surroundings. "My Prince?" she asked while looking at him.

E1Alpha
07-01-2013, 02:47 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2utks39.png