04-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Lake Ilnero
Firanos VS Scaravus

Post Limit: None - - - - - - Time Limit: Determined by IC events
Maximum time in between posts: 48 hours

Firanos (6))
NPCs (5):
Hunter Swordsmen (4):
These swordsmen have trained themselves in the art of combining fire magic with expert swordsmanship. They are also master trackers and have the patience of a rock when it comes to catching a prey.

Xuan, the Dragon Hunter

Players (1):
Atma/Kelsi (The Imposter) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&page=8&p=1048860&viewfull=1#post1048860)

Scaravus (4)
NPCs (2):
Namar, the Poison Shadow
Ataran, the Fury of the Desert

Players (2)
Sergeant Dezeroth A'kyer (Eddren) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1040221&viewfull=1#post1040221)
Corporal Karrha Nameko (P.K.) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32533&p=1016016&viewfull=1#post1016016)

GM:
E1Alpha

Posting Order
Eddren (62)
|
The Imposter (35)
|
P.K. (9)
|
E1Alpha (GM)

Introduction:

From a small cave, dug into the cliffs seperating Lake Ilnero and Firanos, Namar slowly emerged, peering about. He was wounded on his right arm, as well noticable from the bandage wrapped arund there, stained in dried up blood. He knew that Fieran hunters had been dispatched, so he had to move quickly. Turning around, he called back into the cave. "Alright then... I'll move on ahead... You try to cover my escape..." A voice came from inside the cave. "Certainly. Just focus on surviving and reaching the canyon pass leading to the desert. If that should prove impossible, head south to the Ilean Mountains. It would appear that Leongarde has its hands full with Disgeran, so you should be able to hide there." With a single nod, Namar was off, sliding down from the rocky cliffside, before rushing towards a nearby tree, pressing his back against it as he scanned his surroundings.

On a nearby cliffs however, two silhouettes were seen moving... Were they friends or foes? And had they seen Namar?

Whatever the case, the rescue party cosisting off Karrha and Dezeroth had just arrived on the other side of the lake, just having made their way through the canyon pass leading to the Scaravian desert. They had their task, but were now deep in enemy territory.

Eddren
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Dezeroth was moving quickly, staring down at his map. "Glouest Maesfiel." The ink reshaped itself, forming from what was once a canyon, to which they had most certainly reached the end, into the general likeness of Lake Ilnero, trees and all. Frowning, he stared closer at the sides of the valley, where he could see miniature, barely detectable, depressions, shadows caused by..."Caves," He muttered to himself, "Caused by caves..." He looked over to Karrha, handing her the map. "There's really three things he could have done. He could have attempted to hide himself within the village, which seems unwise as he may be recognized simply by his face. He could have tried attempting to sneak from tree-cover to tree-cover until he's reached Scaravus lines, which is risky, but would be one of the quickest routes, or he could be hiding in one of these caves around the border."
He paused for a moment, looking the map over, before making his decision. "Either way, he'll have to come out into the open. Let's climb one of these cliffs and get a better look." With a snap of the map, he furled the parchment up, striking off for the cliff in an effort to get a better view of the area.

The Imposter
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Atma sat like a statue with a face chiseled into a state of frustration. Her mind was wildly roaming about trying to make sense of the mess she was in. Her naive counterpart had went into hiding, and as hard as she tried Atma couldn't find her. It only makes you look more guilty. By all appearances one could assume she did have something to do with the escape of the Scaravus general. Perhaps he had made her believe he would get vengeance, it really didn't matter. Atma was not about to be tied into the conspiracy that other Firanos soldiers had begun to weave. She had tried to avoid the whole mess but Ra'Shor ordered her to take part in the recapture of the general. Now here she was with General Xuan and some hunters tracking the quick footed assassin.

Just tell me Kelsi, did you let him get away? Did you help him?!

However no voice answered back in her mind, but one called out from outside the realm of her conscious. Atma opened one eye and looked at the two returning hunters from the edge. Her scowl slightly lifted as they reported on movement.

'Only one? General you don't honestly think this rabble we are chasing is by himself do you?'

Atma let the question hang in the air as she stood up and beckoned that the two hunters ahead of her step to the side. Her body tensed as she waved her arms forward, her breathing slowed and she began to shake. The experience didn't last long before a tiny spark ignited in between her hands. The flame danced along with the whipping winds and began to grow. Then in a small burst it erupted into a humanoid form, the flame conforming to an invisible mold.

The elemental stood up and had it eyes would have been staring straight at its creator. However the flame eater wasn't done yet, her scowl continued as she began to focus on the heat of the creature before her. Feeling her essence sapping away quickly she quietly cursed herself for not being as apt as her other self was in such magics. With a final exhale the spell was finished and in the elemental's place stood Namar.

Sweating from the draining effects of the spell Atma took a moment to catch her breath before she addressed the group.

'General, I can only imagine that if he has gotten this far it has been with the help of Scaravus. They may even have people waiting for him. You are by far the better warrior and strategist but I have no qualms using such duplicity to lure out Namar's compatriots. Just tell me in which direction you think he'll be heading to meet them and I'll try to get there first, then I'll deal with them while you deal with the escape artist....'

Casting such spells already proved to be quite taxing, doing her best to remain composed as she awaited the General's orders.

P.K.
04-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Karrha looked to Dezeroth as he muttered to himself then handed her to the map and from the surroundings. She looked it over thoughtfully while the mage listed off some of the options that Namar could have taken and could only agree. "Its seems to best speaking who's after him in their own territory." she mused before the map was snapped back up and put away. She followed quietly , Eyes roving over their surroundings, trying to discern if they where being followed or watched. "We may be in competition..." she mused. "No doubt by now they have noticed his absence in their cells and have sent some one after..." she brushed her hand against her knife hilt at a slight rustle.

Unease was not a word she used often but it was the strongest one she could use at that moment. "I'm still not sure why you asked me to come along..." she said slowly pulling off her bow, notching an arrow and readying for a quick draw. "there so many others that are, Capable." She supposed she should be honored or something of the likeness. She kept her eyes scanning around them while she spoke just enough for him to hear her.

E1Alpha
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Xuan peered over the valley, narrowing his eyes as he scanned the area. "I'm pretty sure he isn't alone... I'm just wondering it is an ally from Scaravus, or a traitor from within our own faction..." He then pushed himself up again, looking about, setting his eyes on Atma. "Alright, girl. Do what you must. If he is to rendez-vous with Scaravian troops, it would be on the eastern side of the valley, where a canyon pass cuts straight into the desert. The path isn't fit for full scale armies, though, so don't expect massive numbers of resistance. You deal with what you face there, we'll get the prisoner." He then looked at the hunters. "You two, with me... The rest, spread out and circle the area. We want put this guy between hammer and anvil..." With that, he leaped off of the cliffs, sliding down along the rocky slopes, with two hunters following him, while the others went their own way.

Meanwhile, deeper in the province, Namar was dashing to another tree, before using his daggers to stab into the wood and climb up for a bit, panting a bit. "Alright... This seems... like a good place... to take... a break..." Silently, Namar settled himself on a thick branch, before peering out from between the leaves, gazing at the lake as he scanned along it.

Eddren
04-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Dezeroth nodded for a moment, accepting the question as they hiked to a better vantage point, before taking a seat and watching over the area before him. There were no signs of movement near the Canyon entrance, so he continued along, occasionally referencing to the map before him. Walking along the cliffs, he kept an eye on the land before them. "We'll take up position in one of these cliffs, somewhere where we can see both sides of the lake. Any large quantities of fire should be fairly visible from up here, as they don't often burn purely. There will undoubtedly be wisps of smoke where smoke should not be if they attempt to fight him." Giving her this information, he continued on until he'd reached his preferred destination, sitting down.
"We'll move only if Namar is engaged by the enemy. I don't want to give away the element of surprise: It's impossible for them to know that we're here, waiting...However. If he does make some sort of distress call, we should ensure to be close by his side." Though a trained assassin is unlikely to make any sort of distress call. Finally deciding to answer his question, he paused a moment. "Well, really it was you who killed the Shadow Alpha. If I were to bring anyone along, it should be the one who deserves the credit, no?"

The Imposter
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Atma walked ahead of 'Namar' and shuffled along heading towards the canyon, having made their way down the cliff the two continued onwards. Every so often the Elemental would push the woman walking ahead of it to help their deception by any eyes that might be spying on them.

'Whoever we run into, you must not speak. If they know the general your voice will ruin our guise....'

Her words split the silence only for a moment, sounds of flapping wings and scurrying paws echoed the statement then faded. Both of them showed the smallest signs of being tense, the idea of a potential attack coming at any moment set them on edge. As they continued on Atma couldn't rid herself of Xuan's words. If Namar's help did come from within Firanos, was Kelsi really responsible...and if so she would have to cover up all evidences. Perhaps Namar will resist capture and need to join the flames....

Atma was roughly pushed into a tree by her captor before 'Namar' joined her. The Elemental picking up on something that Atma was unable to notice. They were in the wilderness: beast brute, or even the escapee himself could be close by. 'Namar' stayed back against the trunk as Atma peeked out to survey what might have caused the Elemental to react in such a way.

P.K.
04-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Karrha followed him as she quietly listened. the area around them was beautiful and if it had been another situation she would have admired the country. Instead she eyed every tree. She suddenly stopped as Dezeroth stopped and set down informing her that they would only move if the enemy engaged their General, which they had no idea where he was exactly. She stood behind him her down at her side and the arrow between her fingers she she stared at him for a long moment. "And what if we cannot get to him in time? Not to mention they may not use their flames to fight him." she said tipping her head to the side slightly as she laid her other hand on her hip. she scanned the area around them then looked back to the mage. She didn't think sitting here would get them any closer to their goal. "We don't even know if they have already got him, or how many there are."

She gave him a sideways glance. "I didn't." she said quietly. "My Arrow was the tool used but the one who actuly did anything was our all mighty soul orb..." she said. "And I never would have gotten that shot... With out you." she said simply. as glad as she was for the compliment from the man she herself hadn't done it. she paused in thought before turning her eyes else where. If they where going to wait here, It was going to be a long way but she didn't sit.

E1Alpha
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Xuan was rushing through the valley, with two warriors right behind him, making for the place where they last spotted Namar, before pulling to a halt, glancing about as he couldn't see the rogue anymore. "He couldn't have gone far... Where did he-..." It was then that Xuan's eye caught sight of a running Namar. "There! He's trying to make for the Ilean Mountains! After him!" With that, Xuan and his warriors dashed after him.

When they left however, the real Namar let himself drop out of a tree, smirking. "Okay. That's indeed covering my escape..." With that, he continued moving again, trying to stay under the cover of the trees, keeping his eye out for any and all Fierans.

The two other hunters rushed along the side of the cliffs, peering into the forest to try and catch sight of the escapee.

Eddren
04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
With the tree-line covering Namar, Dezeroth did not, in fact, see him. The Mage did, however, catch sight of his doppleganger, the Fire Golem...And his other doppleganger. Looking between the two distant figures, he frowned. Three men were chasing after one, while the other was pushing a girl...But one of them was also running through the open, and was alone...And this other one was staying near the tree-line, but also in the open. "I...Don't think this is going to be a simple mission," he stated, looking between the two, "And I don't particularly know what to do right about now. There are, as far as I can tell, two Namars. And they're both out in the open, where I can clearly see them."

The Imposter
04-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Atma and 'Namar' stayed in place, but hadn't bore witness to the events happening elsewhere. Small burn marks etched into the tree smoked as 'Namar' arose and coaxed Atma towards the pass.

It wasn't long before the trees gave way and they and found themselves staring at the path that gave way to the desert. Atma looked about to see if any were awaiting their escapee, seeing the cliff being split apart she couldn't help but notice that they were indeed pretty open. Hugging a cliff or retreating back to the woods were the only plausible forms of cover. The openness of the area and the idea of potential support for Namar residing close by set the mage on edge. Unable to relax she furiously looked about for some kind of sign that might give way to anyone that was there or had recently been.

'...We wait, someone is bound to pass by eventually...'

Atma tried to breath and calm herself, taking a moment to try and regain a small amount of the energy she had used to conjure her companion.

P.K.
04-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Karrha looked at Dezeroth questioningly. "You thought it would be simple?" she asked. "And you where the one joking about beguiling an entire army." she followed his gaze studying both scenes for a moment. "Nether of them strike me as the right one." she said quietly. She hadn't had the chance to really meet Namar, she'd seen him afar she was sure but it was not as if he came to her for any reason, nor did any of the other generals for that matter but she'd seen most of them up close. "Out in the open dose not seem like an assassins style even in combat." she shrugged knowing she could be perfectly wrong. She was quite for a moment as she studied them once more, if they didn't move quickly and one was the real Namar Then they might fail, but if they picked the wrong one they probably would anyways. "I can't say I really trust either of 'them', whoever they are." she said. "But if we don't move soon we might loss the chance to later." she said flexing her arms, which still held her bow at the ready with an notched arrow.

She stood ready to move and looking towards the pass that they had come from not an hours earlier. If only they had an actual rondevu point instead of searching all over the bloody place to find the man, which they might never do because he was probably moving around himself. "this could have been planned better..." she muttered under her breath.

E1Alpha
04-13-2013, 01:54 PM
The three men kept on chasing after "Namar", snarling as they tried to pick up the pace. "Shoot him down!" One of the hunters nodded, drawing his blade, which caught fire, before thrusting it forward, a spear of pure flame shooting forwards towards their target, but just as it was about to hit, Namar collapsed into a pile of sand, dispersing in the air. The three men immediatly stopped. "What the?!"
A split second later, the sands reformed, to create a lethal assassin, the most powerful one Scaravus had to offer: Ataran, the Fury of the Desert. Rushing forward faster than anyone could react, he thrusted his blade through one of the hunters, killing him instantly. Xuan and the remaining hunter snarled, turning to the assassin, narrowing their eyes. Ataran rose his blade towards the two. "Come... The sands hunger..."

Deeper in the forest, Namar continued on the move, glancing about, before being forced to rush out through a small open field, allowing a moment's notice of him, which was all the other hunters needed, immediatly descending from the cliffs as they spotted Namar, now heading towards his position, one of them launching a flare up in the air, drawing all attention probably, to notify that he was spotted, at the edge of the lake, about halfway through the valley.

Eddren
04-13-2013, 05:14 PM
A moments' notice was not, indeed, all that Dezeroth had needed, for he had been watching the other two. He had quickly dismissed the one at the entrance as being someone who was not Namar, and widened his eyes at realizing Ataran was there. He did, however, see the flare, and those who set it off, and knew them to be Fieran mages. Since no Fieran turncoats had come with him, he made the assumption that they were not friendly, and that that flare could mean nothing good. "Karrha. Those hunters over by the false Namar going for the Ileans are being held up by Ataran. But there's another false Namar by the Canyon entrance. I fear that they are planning to intercept our Namar, and replace him as a spy. I need you to somehow eliminate him. In this case, the rocks and stealth will provide you your best chance. There are two other foes that have lit a signal. I don't know what the signal's for, but it can only mean bad things if it's coming from a Fieran."

With that, he slid down the mountain-side, taking off for the two hunters. In one hand lightning crackled, runes of an archaic sort surrounding it before it formed into a spear. In his other hand, it seemed at first that there were simply runes, until rocks started hovering around his hand as well. Raising this hand, he let the rocks fly at the men, before raising his spear and hurling it. It retained its' form for about half of the distance, before simply elongating towards one of the men.

The Imposter
04-13-2013, 06:11 PM
It pierced the daylight as if it was the darkest night, the flame spiraling into the air as a beacon. It was a common Fieran practice and Atma instantly knew what it meant. Namar... The name settled uneasily in her mind, potential scenarios of a terrible outcome for herself began to run through her mind. Then a single conclusion settled.

'We wouldn't be the only ones to see that. If, if indeed Scaravus sent help they now know where Namar is...come quickly we must give aid.'

She had begun to step forward when her companion spoke up. Its voice giving way to its more magical properties.

'They must come back through this way....perhaps one of us should stay behind.'

Frustrated at the choice given to her, the fire mage reluctantly stopped and addressed the elemental. Despite being a creation its wisdom proved far superior than the hot headed woman. Lifting a hand a large flame burst from her palm and danced wildly. She smiled recalling the connection between an elemental and its summoner. How her own flames could serve to strengthen it, a blessing woven into the magics of the soul orb itself.

'Very well Khalin, go help the hunters. You can travel much faster than I anyway.'

Atma's blazing hand rested on 'Namar's' shoulder and instantly was absorbed, resulting in the creature's eyes to become inflamed. A deep growl radiated from the doppelganger before it sped away back into the forest towards the flare.

P.K.
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Karrha blinked at the mage as he slid down the side leaving her alone with only those instructions. she sighed great but she had no idea how she might manage though her companion seemed just fine splitting up. She moved off back the way they had come before she split off and forged her own way back to the pass making her way to a position where she could look down into the entrance. She calmed her breathing before peering over her cover of rocks to see what there was to see. From her position she could only see one person, she suddenly looked behind her for any signs she was begin snuck up on. When she was satisfied she was alone she turned back and carefully surveyed the bottom again and the person below before glancing to her sides taking in the terrain. She mentally marked other places she could quickly move to to shot another arrow if she found herself with enough time between each shot, to confuse the figure down below.

Taking a deep breath she crouched just enough to aim over her cover drawing the bowstring back she aimed carefully and released before ducking back down and moving to her next place while she pulled an arrow out and notched it. she popped back up again just long enough to aim and released before working her way to her next spot as she drew a third arrow. The first was to confuse and slow down her target, once accomplished then she could pick a nice spot and remain right there at her vantage point, even if the figure was a fire made she couldn't stop all the arrows, And Karrha couldn't afford to waist all her arrows on this person. She would have to do this quickly and quietly.

E1Alpha
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Xuan and the hunter snarled, before they both decided to engage. The hunter swordsman began launching a volley of fiery attacks, which Ataran seemed to dodge with little difficulty, simply ducking and dodging at exactly the right moments, that not even his clothing caught a single singe. Xuan however sought to rush up onto Ataran from the side and strike him down, but once there, his blades cleaved through nothing else than a pile of sand, whipping out in a large cloud as Xuan just coughed out, snarling as Ataran was slowly reforming a bit further.
The flare however drew their attention, causing Xuan to nod towards the hunter, who took off immediatly.
Before Ataran was allowed to begin his chase, though, Xuan dropped a couple of small metallic orbs, which exploded into a blazing inferno. Ataran was part caught in the inferno, stepping back his left arm and chest had been turned into glass, dropping down and shattering on the ground.
The assassin simply raised his gaze up to see Xuan rush off in the direction of the flare aswell, to which Ataran closed his eyes as he let the remainder of his being be swept away by the wind.

Further down in the valley, the two hunters were rushing for Namar, though they caught a glimpse of Dezeroth aswell, nodding as one of them stopping in his tracks, spinning his blade in a fiery circle as shield, deflecting the rocks rapidly, before aiming his sword straight towards the lightning spear, letting the two merge, the hunter snarling as he gritted his teeth, before spinning a full 360 degrees as he swung his blade in a horizontal arch, sending the very same lightning Dezeroth just used crackling back towards him. "Lightning... is... fire... fool..."

Namar in the meantime kept on running, just barely dodging a fiery blast sent at him from the remaining hunter, who continued his chase. "Son of a-..." The rogue cursed as he kept on moving, throwing a collection of throwing knifes behind him, which the hunter managed to dodge just in time by using the trees as cover as he ran past them.

Eddren
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Dezeroth was already busy uncorking his own water. With this done, he raised a hand, runes hovering around it. Blue had begun to flow from his water-skin and green from the grass...Then his own Lightning was launched at him. Looking at it, he almost wanted to laugh, but simply focused on the product of his own magic as it separated into equal parts white and black before flowing into the runes. "I thank you for returning my magic to me in a timely fashion." The colors mixed for a while, before forming into a solid black, which then turned itself purple. "Allow me to give you a taste of true magic." The orb flattened itself into a disk, and Dezeroth made as if to throw it. The thing spun off against the Fire Mage. "While it's true you'll likely be able to mitigate the fire element...I don't recommend doing so. Arcane Energy is unstable." He turned, now, and ran away from the man. While he didn't expect this to fully incapacitate him, or even truly do any harm, he did expect that the Mage would take a while trying to fully block the effects of pure Arcane Energy launched at him...And the Scaravus Mage would have to use that opportunity to catch up with the one who got away.

The Imposter
04-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Atma was completely unaware of the stalking archer on the cliffs of one side of the canyon, and it was only the sound of the arrow splitting through the air that gave her a chance to react at all. As she turned to face the incoming projectile instinctively she raised her left hand. The tip pierced through her palm and protruded from the other end. Her grimace showed all to well the pain that now ate away at her mind.

Her mind pushed through the twinge of agony and forced her body to move. Atma began to sprint towards the cliff face as another arrow was launched out from the same side but what she gathered was a different location. More than one?!...They waited for us to split up. Curses. The thought bubbled to the forefront as she ducked the second arrow, it wasn't long after that the fire mage came to the cliff face. Nestling as closely as she could she figured it would be incredibly difficult for the enemy to see her...unless they came right to the edge of the cliff. Hoping her gambit paid off, Atma took a moment to calm herself. Her breathing had become erratic with the small wound now in her hand.

Atma watched as the blood slowly leaked from her palm soaking the arrow and slowly dripping from the shaft. Holding her breath she clutched the foreign object and broke it. If I'm truly surrounded this isn't a good enough spot to regroup....the forest is too far to run from multiple enemies. Think, think, think you fool! Atma's eyes fixated on her dripping hand as she tried to figure out her next move.

The idea bloomed from the words of her teacher. She could hear Ra'shor speak as if he was right beside her:

'Foolish woman, all you need to do is prevent Namar's escape...'

Wincing Atma raised her hand and with her own blood began inscribing Firean runes along the base of the cliff. Slowing down as she struggled to remember the runic writings, as eah bloody symbol finished a small flame ignited singeing the rune into the rock.

P.K.
04-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Karrha peeked over with her third arrow but found that the women had moved out of her sight just below her. she cursed softly before ducking back down for a moment to think, well she should have expected it and she had. She moved away from the women, making that out a little big better now that she was closer but not with a clear enough sight to shot at her. Making to the side and noting that the women was moving along the side of the cliff. "What are you up to?" she murmured quietly. Whatever it was all she could see where small flashes where her hand had bin, she didn't like it and felt best it be good time to stop the women from doing anything at all that could cost her dearly.

She carefully moved over her cover farther out to the side of the cliff until she could take a good shot at her, she hopped this didn't come to close combat, ever, not with a fire mage. Eve if she could get close enough she didn't know if she could hit any pressure point to bring her down, it be worth a shot though. she aimed and released before pulling out another arrow and firing it as fast as she could right behind the other one. She hopped Namar found fend on his own or that Dezeroth could get to him quickly before anything really disasters happened.

E1Alpha
04-17-2013, 01:01 PM
The hunter's eyes widened as Dezeroth absorbed the attack and was brilliant enough to use this to conjure an even stronger attack. Having redirected lightning, the warrior was already weakened enough, and as the arcane disk came for him, he tried to slash it half, but was too slow as the projectile dug into the man's gut, erupting into a blast of pure energy, sending him flying back, smashing into a tree. He was killed instantly.

The other hunter continued his assault of the Scaravian rogue, dashing through the woods. Ducking and dodging the attacks they threw at eachother, the two were nearing the edge of the woods, being sure to cross paths with Atma's elemental.

Further back, Xuan and the last hunter came rushing through the woods aswell, seeing the flash coming from Dezeroth's arcane disk, they were guided towards their target, as they could vaguely see a man running, though he was too far to target. "Doesn't look like one of us." The hunter spoke to Xuan, who only shook his head. "Spread. We'll catch this guy off-guard." And such, the two split ways, though continued their chases seperately.

Eddren
04-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Dezeroth had not noticed these other men, so intent was he on the fight within the woods. Dashing as fast as he could--Which really wasn't all that fast, he was a Mage, not a Thief--through the woods, he rose a fist, using the primordial elemental earth located within the trees to rip off bark. Some of it he removed to essence, which fell to the ground, grey and lifeless, more like carbon and ash then true living material. Some of it he infused this essence to, to the point where it pulsed with the energy. He was not sure what, exactly, it would do, but he'd be able to find out soon.

Drawing a few runes in the air that hovered along with him, he pulled out his saber, etching into its' steel several new runes. White followed by red ran along the base of the sword, until he could sense the tingle of magical electricity within his mind. Setting the Saber back in his sheath, he looked to the trees. Phase one and two both have components set in place. All I need is a trigger.

The Imposter
04-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Atma had progressed in the writing of the magic runes along the cliff wall before the first whizzing sound of an arrow startled her. The mage flinched as she felt the arrow graze the forearm of the writing hand, she quickly turned and ducked catching the enemy in her sights at last. The second arrow struck the cliff with a thud and fell beside the woman as she gazed at her enemy. ...So is she alone? Damn it....I'm not even close to finishing the runes, I need to end this quickly.

Atma wasted no time, and stood back up her fiery gaze set upon the Scaravus archer. She took a few steps forward before raising her undamaged hand a pointed towards the other woman. A small ball of flame emerged and quickly grew to the size of her fist. With a flick of her wrist the ball spiraled out towards the archer growing slightly bigger as it progressed. Suddenly the ball stopped about two thirds of the way and settled itself floating in the air.

The mage sighed as she waited for a better chance to finish her attack, wanting to make sure the woman would see first hand the power of a fire mage.

----

'Namar' with blazing eyes gazed through the forest and smirked. Two blobs of heat were moving toward it, assuming the latter was a hunter the elemental stood behind a nearby tree and waited for them to approach a little closer. When the time was right it launched out a wave of flame that rode along the forest floor the flames catching shrub and tree alike a blaze. With any luck it would force whoever was being chased right the waiting Elemental.

P.K.
04-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Karrha watched the women dodge and murmured with a huffed sigh. She caught the girls eyes, though they where to far apart to really 'lock' eyes as they couldn't really see them but they stared at each other until she stepped foreword and summoned or created, which ever word was preferred for the term a small ball of fire that she threw and let rapidly grow until it suddenly stopped. Karrha had been so ready to dash back over her cover and right back into the surrounding trees but it stopped curiously enough. still tens and ready to move she hesitated as she gazed at the ball. What was she planning? She was not sure she cared to know but it had to use of energy to hold that thing, she didn't doubt that the women would send it at her at any given time.

She leaped back over her cover with out drawing another arrow back into the cover of the trees, a forest fire would be easy to start with that thing but she she could make it to the other side of, and over her head. This was about the time she wished she had a few other archers to yell and order to, it would have been so much easier. Now if there was only a quicker way to the opposite cliff with out opening herself to to much fiery attack. Well she hopped Dez could take care of the rest of the men that where around for as long as she could keep this women distracted from finishing what ever she was. She emerged somewhere above the girl and tried to fire off a hasty arrow intent on moving to the other side again not wanting to stay in one place to long who had power to cover large places farther away from herself.

E1Alpha
04-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Namar pulled to a quick halt, as the trees before him lit on fire, his eyes widening. "Dammit!" He then turned, looking at the hunter coming straight for him, taking a deep breath as he pulled out his blades and rushed towards the man, sidestepping to dodge a flaming projectile, before brining up his blades to clash the hunters, throwing a quick knee up in the man's side to try and knock him down, but the hunter took it like a man, and continued to try and fend off the assassin.

Further back in the woods, Xuan and the last hunter had circled around Dezeroth's location, moving much faster than the mage, before the hunter would slash his blade into the ground, sending a blazing line of fire to block off Dezeroth's path, before Xuan would leap out from the side and try to have the metal of his blades down into Dezeroth's chest. "Got ya, you rat!'

Eddren
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Dezeroths' eyes would widen as he turned to face the mages. The blades swinging downward, he knew, were death. A Mage could not afford such deep wounds as these suggested. Allowing his body to collapse, he cursed mentally, but fortunately he had sufficient preparations for such an event. Scrambling back, he put a hand on the hilt of his sword before lining up the wooden fragments holding the element of earth, before swinging his sword out from its' sheath.

As it passed each wooden chip, the lightning jumped to each one. However, instead of igniting the wood, it seemed the Earth Magic kept the Lightning Magic at bay. Pointing toward Xuan, he launched not the fragments with the three elements locked inside, but instead a volley of water. Before the water could reach the Dragon Hunter, the chips would follow, merging into a single fluid attack.

When the four elements combined, they turned black for a moment before turning a blood red...Raising a hand, the Mage winced as he felt surges of fatigue, but was able to finish the spell. The liquid, which was still shooting for Xuan, began to freeze, spikes firing out of it toward the man. Damn...I'm outmatched. I can recognize this one. "Arcane...Blood, it's got very powerful, very dangerous, and very versatile properties...Not as explosive as Arcane Energy, though..."

The Imposter
04-21-2013, 03:58 PM
The opportunity never presented itself for the mage to continue as the archer went back into hiding, Atma doubted retreat so began to enact a counter. If she couldn't directly find the enemy, perhaps she could still influence her. Drawing from the orb of fire she manifested an image of herself close that quickly came a stood beside her. It wasn't much but it could prove to distract the archer long enough to finish the runes.

Atma quickly turned back to the cliff face and continued the inscribing along the wall. It wasn't long after that and arrow shot out from above her passing through the image of herself. Out of caution she called back the ball of flame to settle somewhere between her and the cliff top. Once I'm finished here I'll need to get away and set things into motion....Where to place the activating rune?

The Elemental quickly rushed forward to join the skirmish between Namar and the hunter, with flaming hands it lunged out to strike the assassin. Its fiery palms open ready to grab hold of the escapee if it managed to connect its blow.

P.K.
04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Karrha peeked back out after having moved she cursed though wit a heavy breath of annoyance, this was not going to be easy, she almost thought it would be easier to go down there and fight with the women hand to hand rather then send a couple of arrows at her. "Dezeroth." she muttered quietly, She probably would have fared better with the hunters. As it was... there was no more time to worry. She emerged again scanning the sides for a good place to get down. She finally notched on more arrow aiming carefully from where she was and released. even if it distracted her for only a moment, she preferred that it hit her though. She jumped then down a steep slope to slide down most of the way. She reloaded when she reached a slightly smaller ledge and shot off again before sliding down the rest of the way to the floor. As soon as she caught her feet she slipped her bow onto her back ad moved for what little cover there was.

E1Alpha
04-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Xuan snarled as he leaped back, some of the frozen spikes slashing across him, ripping through the leather parts of his armor, and even tearing chainmail left and right, though he managed to block most of the fatal targets with his blades. However, he grunted as he dropped to one knee, one of the spikes having dug into his lower leg. "Damned son of a-..."

On the other side however, the hunter that had created the wall of fire, would come rushing out of the woods, sending a blazing arch of flame rushing for Dezeroth, after which he charged aswell, seeking to drive his blade right through the mage's chest to deliver him a quick death.

Namar and the hunter continued to clash, locked in combat, Namar spending most of his energy dodging and diving away. He was however unaware of the elemental behind him, but it did not matter, as before the elemental could reach Namar, a figure out of pure sand appear in between the two, blades at the ready, as it revealed to be Ataran once more, the part of his body that had been lost once more replenished. Within an instant, Ataran was upon the elemental, his twin blades striking out in a cross shape to try and destroy the elemental, or atleast render it useless, seeing as his blades carried with them powerful arcane enchantments.

Eddren
04-22-2013, 09:48 PM
The ice all turned back into Arcane blood. Only a portion of it flowed back to him, though nobody save the Mage would notice the difference as the only portions that didn't flow back to him were the portions which had already made contact with wounds. These the Mage manipulated into the mans' blood-stream, replacing his original blood. The mage also made certain that his magical contact was minimal, so as to be overlooked by the combat.

I'll sa- Was all he could get out before fire rushed to engulf him. He jumped forward, but the smell of burning hair and intense heat told him that he'd been too slow to fully escape the attack. The Arcane blood swept the fire away, but before he could dodge again steel was rushing to finish the job. Attempting to backtrack as well as he could, he quickly refroze the Arcane blood again and sent the spikes rushing toward the man now aiming to kill him. Both maneuvers, whether successful or not, were too slow to save him from pain, and he cried out as his sword-arm was deeply wounded, the weapon dropping from his now-inert hand. "I...Expected no less from an elite Fieran hunting squad," he growled through gritted teeth, "But I assure you...Namar will escape...I'll make sure of it!"

The Imposter
04-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Ataran's emergence came at a surprise to the elemental already committed to the attack to regroup, its flaming eyes saw the enchanted blades as the moved in the cross slash to dismember the fiery creation. Knowing full well that its end was imminent its flaming eyes locked onto the sand warrior and bellowed loudly.

'Ra'Shor sends his regards sand monster...'

As the blades began to tear through the conjured fighter it in a last ditch effort released all its magical essence outright. The already ruptured tears from the passing blades enough of an opening for the essence to burst forth in a self destructing explosion of flames and magic.

Atma felt it, the sudden disconnect between her summoned companion and herself. Cursing, she figured that such an event must mean Namar would soon be approaching. She looked quickly at the long string of runes along the cliff face now. Only a few more and it would be ready, her hand continued to inscribe as another arrow whistled through the image she had conjured. It was enough to distract her as she turned to see the archer sliding down the cliff. Hastily the mage turned back and finished the last runes, her finger dancing along the ridged wall. A throbbing from the wound still pulsating...then it was finished.

Atma sighed, feeling that she completed her task well enough. She turned to look at her attacker only to see the Scaravus woman let loose another arrow. It zipped through the image and found its mark in the real Atma. The arrow sliced through her flesh lodging itself in her collar bone. Instinctively she raised her hand at the arrow, clutching in between her fingers. She could feel the blood now dripping down her chest, and even see the arrow as it stuck out from its new home. Heaving wildly she screamed as she pulled the projectile from the bone and tossed it to the ground.

Atma staggered as she took a step, watching the archer make her way to the canyon floor and run for cover. Pain was becoming an ever present feeling the mage wished to have never known. She waved her hand beckoning the ball of flame to her side, and began to move towards the tree line. I...I still need to activate the triggering rune....ugh, this pesky archer shall burn for what she has done. She continued to move towards the trees as her eyes rested on where she had seen the archer duck for cover.

'Archer!! It would be wise of you to run back to your desert.'

Raising her right hand to her face, she spread her fingers so she could still see behind it and began to draw one final rune into the palm with her bloodied left hand. As she continued to back up she bumped into a tree and took the moment rest against it. Her fingers slowly moving to complete the trigger rune.

P.K.
04-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Karrha heard a scream as she took cover. I hit something... she thought then perked up as she heard the women call to her telling her it would be wise to run back to her desert... She smiled. "Wise and duty don't always mix well child." she murmured. As 'wise' as that might be it was not what she was going to do because in the end it was not wise at all. She couldn't stay in one place though, she peeked around just to track the girl and cursed as she saw her backing away. Had she finished what she was doing?! What was she going to do now?! and what was... what ever she was doing supposed to do?! She had a bad feeling about this.

She needed to get closer but the women was backing away to the forest line only working to confirm her bad feeling. she moved then remaining under cover catching glimpses of the women as she did something. Her fireball at her side as she lend back against a tree, If she was correct she had hit the women pretty hard, hasty shots where not always best but none of her other arrows had hit, and Karrha didn't know much about magic. She did know though that she would not cover much ground from where she was and the way she was going. Mage or no mage...

Karrha let out out a small breath as she reached the end of her Small cover before she leaped over and out of it and made an almost head long dash across the open space keepign an eye on the women's movements, a few more hits though she Karrha might be able to down her with out really killing the women, as much trouble as that might cause later thats what she would prefer. Dashing at her fullest speed across solid ground was easy enough, pulling out a few knifes while doing so was a little more difficult, throwing them and trying to keep them on her target while running as fast as she could to stop the women in front of her from doing anything to get her killed... was more so.

E1Alpha
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Dezeroth's frozen spikes dug into the man's armor, piercing into his flesh, causing him to grunt in agony, yet he remained standing as he rose up his blade once more to try and bring it down cleaving upon the mage, as he felt his life trickle away from him. But before he could strike, the man could be seen dropping to his knees and dropping the blade he held as he collapsed into the ground.
But while this happened, Xuan had gathered his strength, his eyes narrowed as he had rushed up behind the mage now, trying to use the distraction of his comrade to jab his blade into the mage's back and pierce it right through him, which would be followed by the blade moving to side to slice the mage's side open would his attack have succeeded, possibly splitting the mage's stomach open.

A bit further, the erupting elemental caught Ataran point-blank, while sending Namar and the last hunter tumbling along the ground by the sheer impact of the explosion. Ataran, while immortal, had his entire front side turned to glass, the assassin's postion solidified in glass as he shielded himself. However, the other half of his body collapsed into dust and sand, taken away by the wind.

The hunter and Namar were both incredibly weakened by now, by both exhaustion, and the fact that both were just thrown against a tree with not really a soft landing. Both took their time, grunting as they slowly pushed themselves up again.

Eddren
04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
The Mage had heard the mans' approach, and smirked to himself. It was time to finish them in one blow. He whirled around to face the man, but could barely react in time to the first attack, the blade just barely nicking his stomach after a sidestep that also saved him from a fatal stomach wound. Still, blood flowed from the point at which he had been slashed by the latter blow.

However, this was just the opening the Mage had been hoping for, and a little blood seemed an appropriate price to pay for the amount of blood to be shed now. Further stepping aside, the Mage pointed with his good arm at Xuan, now focusing all his magic into the Arcane Blood he had been allowing to circulate in the mans' system. Using his magic, he froze the blood remotely in the mans' system, forming it into needles as well as he could given their limited space, and then ripped them out of the mans' body, flinging them instead at the other hunter. "This is the end...Perhaps for all of us...But this is certainly the end..." He managed to gasp, My sword is too far away...Only one other option left...

Pointing up at some branches, he refocused all the earth energy within them to the tips, fortifying them so that they would be proper projectiles. Without the minerals necessary to support themselves, the new weapons snapped off of their branch and levitated into the air, before being hurled at Xuan and the other Hunter. "...I WILL save Namar!"

The Imposter
04-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Atma could see the sprinting girl between her fingers as she inscribed the last bit of the rune into her hand. She clenched her hand into a fist signifying the runes completion. Her face scowled at the coming blades, she may have been injured but she wasn't immobilized. With a shift of her weight she jumped to the side watching the knives hit the trunk, only one of which even hit blade end. Atma wasted no time watching the Scaravus women continue her run, with a wave of her hand the ball of flame sped off to meet the charging woman.

The ball of flame however wasn't what the Fieran mage was concentrating on. Instead her right arm was held out, the balled fist shaking violently. The minor movements causing the most recent wound to continually ache. Her breathing slowed to what appeared to be a relaxed pace, small droplets of sweat ran down her face, her lips quivered slightly as she began to speak.

'The Blazing Pheonix's flames reach out, and none can escape. Enemies of Firanos, accept your fate as the ash....Far'Khira may you be pleased by the rising flames!!'

Atma's hand opened releasing the trigger rune inscribed on her palm. The rune responded in and explosion of flames which danced up her arm and onto her body. Parts of her clothes began burning away in the intense flames, while one of her bangles protected her flesh. The Firanos emblem in her shoulder glowed as the flames licked against her body.

While the explosion happened in her hand, the runes along the cliff face began to glow then exploded in a mix of magic and flames. Atma watched hoping that the runic writing would be enough to collapse part of the cliff face into the canyon barring the passage into the desert.

P.K.
04-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Karrha growled but waited no breath in cursing her lack of skill with throwing knifes, or the lack of not standing still of her opponent, war was unpredictable and might as well be said not worth crying over when things did not go your way. she focused on the ball of fire for a moment but she heard the women speak, not really able to make out the words of what ever she was saying though she then knew she was far to late to stop the girl the side of the cliff the girl had been huddled on earlier exploded in small rounds starting at one end and ending at the other. In her head she cursed but could not stop her charge now as the fire ball rushed towards her.

Karrha threw herself down skidding across the ground as the fire ball passed over her with an intent wave of heat pricking at her skin like getting a sunburn out in the desert but rather then standing in the sun for hours it took only a few moments for it to make her nearly as red as she was at her first trek through the desert, and that had taken days to parch her lips and crack her skin. she tried to bring some water back to her lips as she licked them and pushed herself up slowly. she hissed with the discomfort of cracked skin, they bled, not nearly as badly as she had made the women bleed. There seemed to be one last thing to do... if that cliff was going to collapse she was going to do her best to make sure that women was buried in her own destruction even if she was going in with her.

This seemed like more of a last ditch effort but if the mage handled himself, even if the pass was semi or completely closed she was sure he could find a way to get Namar out if he didn't have to deal with a nearly adept fire mage. Steadying herself Karrha took off at the fastest pace she could manage strait at the girl, hopefully Karrha gained enough ground before she was noticed to push the women out, and herself, farther into the canyon.

E1Alpha
04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Xuan didn't give the man a break that easily, as he didn't even allow Dezeroth to make his move yet. For as the mage stepped to the side, he rushed after him and brought his blade up in a rapid vertical slash, seeking to slice across his body and his face, and thus interrupt him before he bring the spell to bear. Were Dezeroth to dodge this again however, Xuan wouldn't allow him a moment of pause, the adrenaline in his blood pumping furiously, or was it something else than the adrenaline? Xuan's attacks seemed to get faster and faster, slashing, stabbing and even kicking and punching towards the mage. There was something off about his attack pattern, though. As if there was something else fueling him.

Namar and the other hunter slowly rose to their feet, grunting, both wounded, holding the wounds to try and still the bleeding. They didn't have the strength to engage eachother anymore. The hunter's blade was held loosely in his hand, his hand struggling to keep a hold of it.

In the distance, however, tragedy happened. The runes lit up one by one, before igniting into a powerful chain explosion, blasting rubble and dust skyward, as rock formations broke off from the cliff and came tumbling down into the pass leading to the Scaravian Desert. The entire thing shook the earth, as the rocks hit the ground with a thundering noise, likely temporary deafening anyone nearby.
When the noise of the rumbling was over, the view of the pass was still obscured, a large dust cloud hanging around the area, causing it that nobody would have yet to be able to witness the result of the explosions.

Eddren
04-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Dezeroth managed to evade the last one and before long all he could do was backpedal as quick as possible. Something was up, and he could tell it...This one has some form of self-empowering magic. Damn...Why do the powerful ones always seem to find ME?! Finally, figuring that the only thing he could possibly do in this situation would be to use the mans' own strength against him, he backed up near a tree, dodging any jabs the man made while ducking under any slash, using his good arm to knock the arm further in order to lodge the weapon into said tree before rushing back and pointing, once again trying to form the Arcane blood-spikes. This time, they would simply be aiming backward, as the Mage desperately attempted to create some sort of distance between himself and the General so that he could begin casting.

The Imposter
04-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Atma's eyes caught the archer as soon as she had ducked under the ball of flame. Scowling she watched as the woman sped towards her and the explosion going off behind her. However she had already begun to counter, recalling the ball of flame back towards her. Between the shaking and deafening blast Atma tried to remain on her feet, slightly disoriented as the archer grabbed her the mage resisted. The flames that had consumed her arm lashed out, as Atma shifted her body and tried to grab hold of the archer before she pushed them moving the herself partly into the way of the coming fireball. Or was it Atma?

The Firean mage's demeanor totally changed, even if it couldn't be explained it was obvious to even her enemy. Despite the deafness of the explosion it was Kelsi that leaned in towards the archer and tried to whisper.

'Do not throw your life away to strike down one lowly mage...You're life is surely worth more than mine....Now rest.'

As she spoke the mage quickly tried to connect a knee into the archers stomach, at the same time the fireball came crashing towards them both. A fiery burst shot forth consuming the mage, and probably the archer propelling the former further into the forest and away from the canyon entrance. Kelsi wasted little time as she forced herself to her feet. Flames danced along her body consuming more of her less than resistant clothes. Slightly embarrassed she used the flames to wrap herself in the image of the Scaravus archer.

Kelsi although unsure of what became of her enemy or the canyon entrance began to move further into the forest, seeing smoke bubble through the trees in the distance. Her slouched posture moving with a hope that the archer hadn't died.

P.K.
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Karrha was very much taken back by what happened, even if it did happen a little fast. she'd been blown back by the fire, though how she was not entirely sure all she knew is she'd been anticipated hadn't had enough ground and her appointments demeanor changed. Either way she was sure somehow she'd failed enough to get the women out of the way. She'd come to rest under the smallest of ledges at the farther side of the canyon, what was left of it closer to the woods line. Blinking open her eyes she mentally checked her body trying to make her dazed brain work. She felt like that time the Mist Alpha had tossed her like a rag doll through the air, only this time instead of being cold she was overly warm. Tender Skin had been torn during her toss and role, or however she had gotten there, Her burns where far worse, and one arm imparticuler practically boiled with heat now.

In trying to push herself up all she could find herself doing was rolling onto her back and for a moment making her body hurt so much so she couldn't breath. Every breath was a raspy and the dust still settling made her cough hurting every tight muscle in her body. She gently laid her hands on her stomach, her hands taking on that faint glow But all she could do was stop her own bleeding and a little bit of the burning heat on her skin. She laid back and coughed shuddering at the pain, she probably looked worse the back in the desert. She Tried to think over what happened but her brain refused fuzzing up on her as she triad to stay awake. Finley she just closed her eyes intent on resting long enough to let her wounds set and stop bleeding enough that she could move with out reopening them and to regain her strength.

E1Alpha
04-25-2013, 03:34 PM
As the sword was lodged into the tree, Xuan blinked, snarling as he tried to yank his one blade out, before snarling as he reached for his other blade, which was still sheathed. But as he turned, he felt something in his body, he felt his blood react to the mage's gesture. Xuan snarled, twitching as looked down at his body, before looking up at Dezeroth. "You... infused my blood... with magic... didn't you?" The spell seemed to have a hard time to actually take effect, something seeming to interfere with the arcane essence that was fused in Xuan's blood, as his body was somehow trying to control the essence in his blood.

"You're... pretty good... for a mage... But... my heart... is not that simple that it would let your magic take control of my body..." The man grunted as he dropped to a knee, Dezeroth's spell still unable to take effect. "I used to be Aeregosian... As such... I will not be killed this easily..." With that, some of the spikes of frost seemed to rip out, but not as many as Dezeroth had hoped, as he would now be able to actually feel, that Xuan's body was actually using the Arcane magic aswell, using it like adrenaline. This burst of energy give Xuan a chance, as he slashed his blade down at the dirt, creating a billowing cloud of dust, which he's use as cover as he made a run for it.
When the dust settled, it was obvious from a trail of blood that the man was now fleeing back to Firanos, but somehow, his speed was still astounding, especially with his wounds.

A bit further, Namar and the hunter snarled, before they made a final attempt to rush at eachother and take one another out. When the two met, a grunt of pain and a gurgling sound followed. The hunter's blade had sliced along Namar's left arm, but the rogue's hand had a blade, jabbed straight up in the hunter's throat, blood pouring out, as the two men collapsed, the hunter dead, and Namar holding his wounded shoulder, while panting. "Damned... fire freaks..."

Eddren
04-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Dezeroth was genuinely amazed that such a man could manage to not only resist the magic, but use it to fuel his own retreat. Most assuredly, this one would be coming back later in his career to cause havoc. But for now...The man was no fool. He would not interfere any further. Which was good...Wincing, he walked over to the other Hunter, ripping off bits of his garment to make some makeshift bandages for his wounds. Walking over to the wall of fire, he gestured, utilizing magic to separate the now-master-less magic out of his way before continuing, weary, to Namar.

When finally he reached Namar, he'd give a weary smile, before calling out "General! I'm your relief...Sorry about the delay, I had to deal with that Dragon-Slayer, Xuan, and some of his lackies. I have Ataran to thank that I wasn't overwhelmed...He'd finished off another one previous to my engagement." He looked around, before holding a hand out for Namars' good arm to grasp onto, "We should be heading back to Talos. If all's gone well, Karrha's finished off the Fire Mage over by the Canyon."

The Imposter
04-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Kelsi had been moving through the inflamed woods trying to find any remnant of the battle, other than the obvious spreading flames that had continued to spread. Trying to formulate some kind of strategy to deal with any resistance if she encountered it. I cannot speak, it'll give my guise away if any of them know the archer...

Her body stopped, in the distance she heard it.

'General! I'm your relief...Sorry about the delay, I had to deal with that Dragon-Slayer Xuan, and some of his lackies. I have Ataran to thank that I wasn't overwhelmed....'

The voice continued but Kelsi's posture slumped further than normal. Whoever was speaking was able to take on General Xuan, and to know of Ataran's presence made her all the more weary. The mage had taken residence behind a burned tree trying to formulate some plan quickly before the mage finished his speech. The flames crackled as they continued to eat the forest around her. The sounds spoke as if a gift from Ra'Shor himself giving Kelsi the plan she was waiting on. She quickly brought forth another illusion, one she hoped would sow a seed of doubt. Using the heat from the flames she wrapped the two in the distance in different guises for but a moment. Their appearances changing for but a flicker of a dying flame. Namar's body would appear to be a Firean Hunter, while the other a Firean Mage.

Unsure if it had worked she continued her deciet, slowly walking out from her spot just at Dezeroth spoke of Karrha and the Fire Mage. Karrha...I'll remember the name. The Scavarus look alike made her entrance stumbling, her appearance being made known to them both. The body looked wounded and burned, and her face could only be reconciled as terrified. She took a few more steps towards them and lifted her hand with trepidation trying to point at either one of them. The look and actions coming across as if she was trying to warn the them both of something. She slowly began to open her mouth to say something but her voice never came instead the archer burst into flames and collapsed to the ground writhing in a simulated pain and screaming. Her cries quickly fizzled out as the flames continued to consume the body and she hoped that the seed of doubt had sprouted into paranoia and then bloomed into distrust.

May the flames of the Blazing Phoenix blind you, and cause you to destroy yourselves.

P.K.
04-27-2013, 01:48 PM
It took some Time but Karrha was able to push herself up to sit. Her skin burning with heat making her pant slightly as she started to heave herself up using the edge of the rock. Curse that women... Karrha thought. Maybe the women thought she was dead... she was far from right though... Karrha would be of little use for a while and unable to heal herself to any extent proved that.

Not with in their own lands she doubted that That their soul orb would have any rang here but she hopped that Dezeroth could manage on his own. As the dust settled she tried to look over the collapse... maybe there was an easy way over or around it. She collapsed from her standing position back into a sit, just barely. Her scabs ached but fortunately they hadn't broken open yet. Clawing at boulders and other things to help pull her up and stay that way she worked her farther into the shaded forest... farther ahead though it seemed to be burning down and rapidly spreading.

E1Alpha
04-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Namar smiled as he looked at Dezeroth rushing over, nodding. "Good... Let's... go..." The man spoke up exhausted, before he actually collapsed through his knees, exhaustion taking the better of him after having spent a long time on the run after his escape. He was alive, but definatly KO'd, making him an all the easier target.

Eddren
04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Dezeroth smiled grimly as his General rested. I'll get you out of here, Namar. No worries. The first ordeal, of course, would be the forest-fire raging around them. While he didn't particularly care if the entirety of Ilnero burned down around them, it would certainly be a hindrance if they died along with everything. So, kneeling, he pressed his hand to the ground and closed his eyes. Exerting his magical control over the wildfire in the area around him, he exploded it outward...Only to hear screams. Feminine screams.

Opening his eyes, he saw none other than Karrha, writhing on the ground, screaming. "Karrha!" He cried out, turning wild eyes to her, The fire! Damn my foolishness! He looked around for something to put her out with, grabbing onto the waterskin that Namar had with him and opening it. Gesturing with his hand, he doused her with the water, adding in frost-magic in order to ensure that she was sufficiently cooled. "Karrha, are you alright?"

The Imposter
04-27-2013, 11:05 PM
The cold water was refreshing to the wounded mage, the majority of the flames dispelling from her body. She could feel the intense heat of the forest beginning to dissipate and knew her guise wouldn't hold much longer. The figure presented was a mess, patches of hair burned away and flesh boiled. She scrambled for a moment shuttering at the sudden dousing still.

He's a mage.

The voice boomed from within Kelsi's mind, a voice like her own but at the same time different. She slowly lifted her head to look at the man, his jade eyes full of worry as he spoke.

"Karrha, are you alright?"

The words held within them a concern Kelsi never had known and from her mind a laugh bellowed out. This is perfect...do it, do it now! No, I can't....I can't. So naive, you think such battles don't require bloodshed. I'll show you.

Atma knew that it wouldn't take long for the mage, once he was touched, to realize something was amiss. As soon as Sublty began to drain his magical essence any mage would recognize the feeling. With a look of longing the Karrha lookalike quickly rose to her feet and reached out for the mage her hands trying to caress his face and and pull him in to kiss. That much contact should be enough to startle him so he couldn't compensate for the item's draining properties. At the same moment she began reaching out her body began to steam as she began to conjure forth flames to erupt from her person. Let your last thoughts be of a kiss that truly sets you ablaze.

P.K.
04-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Karrha was sure she heard something in the far distance but she didn't doubt that her body was wry and her mind may be playing tricks on her. She also didn't doubt that it might be very real and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. She stumbled up to another tree and latched onto it, the bark pressing into her skin painfully, but it kept here awake, for now.

"Damit..." she mumbled blinking fresh tears out of her eyes and looking at the way before her. Where was Dezeroth? how far? was he ever alive? if she was barely so...? she shook her head, both of them had survived worse at Talos and she might have felt like a burnt rag doll, she looked about as much with her skin burnt, cloths singed or partly burned away her hair the same way and her body battered and matted with blood. She just hopped the mag didn't look quite so bad.

"Brilliant..." she muttered, "Your just so brilliant." she pushed herself off to the next tree and the tree after that using them for rest and support as she went. "Sending your least magical person after an entirely capable fire mag... brilliant..."

E1Alpha
05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
<No NPCs available for action, GM turn skipped>

Eddren
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Dezeroth smiled as she touched his cheek. For a split second. About as long as it took his magical reserves to start disappearing. There was a split second of bewilderment before instinct kicked in, and he immediately drew back as she went in to kiss him. A very fortunate thing indeed, as he stepped just out of the way of a fiery tempest. Cursing the Pheonix for giving Fieran illusion magic, he raised his hands. "Well. I suppose it's safe to say you most certainly aren't Karrha." His voice was cold, flat. And most certainly unhappy.

Crouching down, he held out his good hand, palm out, fingers pointed toward the ground. At first, it seemed like nothing was happening; such was the amount of Magic that was taken from him, that he could no longer draw enough to immediately cast. Blood exploded from his mouth as he started drawing from his life-force to give his Magic more potency, something he was capable of minimizing but would be necessary at this stage. Still, even with the intense pain, his eyes gave way to a determination and focus that far exceeded the care he had been witnessed to have just moments before.

And the winds stirred. All around Atma. The Mage had chosen the air around his foe to serve as the component for his next spell. It began to move faster and faster, not around the Fieran Mage, but past her, ripping at her fires but for the most part ignoring them, until there was scarcely any air left to breath. In the Mages' hand a polearm was constructing itself, weaving into existence a tempest made spear. And when this weapon was complete, he stared at her. "Never did I think I'd strike at the image of Karrha."

With those words, he didn't even wait for the void created by the magic constructing the weapon to be filled. He took three rapid steps forward and snapped the spear forward, aiming for her chest, the easiest to hit section. If I can just land but a single hit, I can knock her away...Gather my strength...

If it were to fail, he would step back, brace himself, then lunge again, not giving her to retaliate. At least, that was the plan. The reality of it would be that he'd step back and gasp in pain as the wounds he previously had acted up again, and he fell to one knee, his body unable to react quickly enough.

The Imposter
05-02-2013, 09:12 PM
The touch, it was incredibly brief but Atma felt the effects immediately: the transference of magical essence from her enemy into her. It was exhilarating, the Karrha image grinned sinisterly as the mage recoiled back avoiding the burst of flames. She was about to chirp something mockingly when the Scaravus mage's cold voice beat her from breaking the silence. 'Karrha' only continued to grin as she answered coyly.

'Well....I'm the closest you'll ever get to the real thing, now that I've finished with her.'

Atma arrogantly stood watch as her opponent began to cast some spell. She stood with the flames dancing about her surveying the area. Much of the fire had died down but within the woods the dry heat caked the air. Noting the climate she began to think of the best way to finish this as quickly as possible. Then suddenly the air about her swept away, flinching she looked at the mage. Atma your pride! It was ruined us. Silence...

Dezeroth's words were more than enough for the surprised Fieran to react. As the spear thrust came to strike her chest Atma dropped to one knee, the spear blade passing by her face and neck as she moved it to her right. The woman still gasping for air, clenched her teeth in rage as her hands raised up to catch the spear as it returned back to its wielder. Unable to grip it part of the fires that danced about sprung out from her hands to travel along the weapon and strike the enemy.

The momentary breathlessness was now past and Atma stood up. Her breathing was incredibly loud and profuse as fatigue was indeed well nestled into her body. Her right eye twitching slightly as a sign of her body's tired condition. Even with the newly acquired magic her body longed to escape with Namar and be done with all this. Namar?

'Hehehe....Mage, I'll give you the privilege of seeing the one who sent your precious Karrha to the raging inferno.'

As soon as Atma finished speaking the illusion dispelled revealing the partly naked woman. Her fire resistant garb slowly being chewed away by the constant dancing flames. Raising her right arm out her devilish grin stayed it course on her face. Ra'shor thank you for your teachings.

With a large fwoosh the flames erupted out from her hand as the soared not at Dezeroth but Namar. Their goal simple, to confine the knocked out general much the same way her master had done at Talos. As the fire dashed to its target Atma called to the kneeling mage.

'Give me your name, that I may hoard my victory over Scaravus all my days. Come let us finish this!'

P.K.
05-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Karrha hugged another tree grunting at the pain that ran across her skin making he shuddered before she pushed off clutching to another. It came as no surprise when one of her wounds opened had cracked letting the life blood slip down her side and to the ground. She might have done something about it but she paused hearing something in the distance, closer now she knew. 'precious...' She thought a muscle in her eye twitched slightly She swore she had just heard that word. 'precious Karrha...' 'raging inferno' Blood and Bloody ash's the women really did thing she was dead!

Karrha grumbled something pushing herself from another tree and stumbling a few paces, her breathing was far more calm now but still ragged. She fumbled her bow, which was still surprisingly good, the string snapped though making it what was actuly possible to pull it off her shoulders. She didn't have the strength to restring it nor the time if she judged by what little she could hear. At least there was hope that her mage friend was alive. She took a deep breath steadying herself and moved again towards the sound of fire.

E1Alpha
05-03-2013, 05:23 AM
<GM turn skipped: No NPCs active>

Eddren
05-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Dezeroths' eyes were glittering ice by the time she was done speaking, but already a smile made of the same stuff was creeping across his face. She had fallen for it. As always, Fierans answered any attack with a bigger attack...And failed to predict a trap when it was just about ready to spring in their face. Stereotypes were there for a reason, and the man who could play them against their subjects was the man who could go far.

Fire launched itself at Namar but the Mage was unworried. Very soon it would be cut off before it could even reach him. As the fire swept across his magic-made spear, it disintegrated the magical sheath keeping the typhoon sealed. Carefully, the Mage kept the balance, making sure that it would achieve maximum effect when it burst. You and I will both fall today, Fieran. It was only proper that she would ask only moments before the seal burst, wind exploding out from the sphere with a ferocity that the size gave no hint of.

It was literally like an explosion of winds, so strong and fast that they actually cut the two opponents wherever they touched and would throw Atma in the opposite direction of the Mage if nothing were done. The fire she had sent out was pounded by the winds, and the Mage himself was launched backward, across the clearing, to land heavily in the middle of a patch of grass and roots. Twitching, he found himself unable to move, the cuts across his body and the magical backlash he was suffering too much to allow him to go any further. I'm sorry, Namar, but if this doesn't buy us any time, Karrha's not going to be the only one to fall today... His eyes blurred, and he barely managed, "Well...Ik'Yamar...If this is what you wanted...It's what you got..."

The Imposter
05-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Defeated...
A memory tried to weave itself into the events that had unfolded. A scolding from Ra'Shor for burning herself. The eventual culmination of which was a bangle she wore to protect herself from her flames. The very thing that prevented her from cauterizing her wounds. The blending of reality and memory did little to compliment the sentiment that swept over the mangled Fieran. Her body cracked against the ground from the mighty tempest and crumpled together. What was left of her face maliciously gazed at the sight fate deemed worthy to be her last. She tried to yell out but only a gurgle escaped the sliced throat as crimson fluid bubbled mockingly in response.

Failure....

Feeling her life drain away, like a flame in a storm she focused on the flames she had released upon Namar. Unsure if they had succeeded or not, it didn't matter now. If she was to fail in recapturing the assassin, it didn't mean Scaravus had to succeed.

Consume...

She willed the flames to devour Namar, giving him as an offering to Far’Khira. Perhaps his flames would be pleasant to the Blazing Pheonix. Struggling to breath the mage resisted the urge to fade away. She still had something to offer the Meragaia of Firanos. Unleashing all her magical essence in an explosion of flame; the defeated mage tried to fulfill her goal of seeing the world burn.

Hope...

Perhaps the flames would give her dying body vengeance. Atma desperately tried to hold Kelsi back, in some twisted sense of protecting her. Not wanting her to experience the last moments in such a terrible condition. Kelsi's voice echoed out in the prayer of the Blazing Pheonix. Her soothing words a lullaby that carried Atma to rest...

O Far'Khira, may our life be a flame
One that echoes your glories
Across this physical plane
Be pleased with the ashes that are left behind
And grant us rebirth
Both body and mind...

P.K.
05-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Karrha had come with in sight of the clearing just in time to see Dezeroth and mage women get blown back. Even from where she was she had to cling to a tree just to stay standing as she watched. During her time on the field and even off it she had seen many gruesome things, even worse then what she saw right now still though it surprised her, made her sick like every death did. Even from here she could see life draining away from the women though she fought back from fading to quickly. Karrha watched for a moment her body against the tree for support.

Her eyes narrowed as she noticed Namar and the flames around him, Dezeroth and his near still body. But both seemed to far apart to do much about at the same time if she went to one the other might die. That didn't seem to matter for the moment she felt heat wash over her like a wave making her step back and shield herself as the burns across her body reacting painfully to the explosion of flames. "Damit!" she cursed staggering for a moment before she made herself move pulling up as much stamina as she could to make her body move through the flames again. If she could make it to the General... She looked to Dezeroth. Why did she feel so conflicted on which one she should help first?! on the one hand she did not know Namar she held little loyalty to him pacifically but he was impotent losing him would be a hard blow. On the other she knew Dezeroth they had worked and fought together and now sheared a , perhaps dreadful truth.

She was wasting time thinking! With a growl she threw herself in the direction of the her mage friend. If she was going to save some one out of the two of them it might as well be some one she trusted. And if she worked fast enough Maybe the mage could help her finish their goal for being here in the first place. Stumbling she caught herself against a tree and then sank down next to the mage before reaching out and laying a hand on one of his exposed wounds. That glow sprung up around her hand as she willed herself to use most if not all her magical stamina to heal him as much as she could.

"Your dam brilliant you know that?...." She grumbled already her breaths coming more heavily but her words sounded sarcastic and far from a compliment.

E1Alpha
05-03-2013, 08:49 PM
"You... underestimate the sands... mage girl..."

With a blur moving across the burning fields, the flames threatening Namar were immediatly doused, and the explosion ripping forth from Atma would soon find itself restrained by a typhoon of raging sands, confined by what soon formed to be a thick wall of glass, forcing the flames to erupt up into the sky, saving all who dwelled beneath.

With a rapid stop, Ataran stood between the Scaravians and Atma, gazing at the glass cilinder that had formed by Ataran using his own circle to encircle Atma. "Your flames have been misguided, but your other side shall not fall victim to this fury... As the prophet had foretold..." He then pulled a dull, glass orb, tossing it up before him, before making a few gestures with his hand as the glass shattered, and the remaining flames, and also Kelsi's soul, were being siphoned inwards towards the orb held by Ataran.
Were he succesful, then Kelsi would be sealed inside the orb, in the form of flickering fire.
It was when the smoke of the explosion and fire cleared, that it was obvious that Ataran was missing a large portion of the left side of his body, even part of his head missing, but he seemed unscathed by this, now turning around as he gazed down at the three survivors. "The readings of the prophet have been fulfilled..."

Eddren
05-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Dezeroth could feel strength flooding back into him as Karrha's bloodline magic swept across his wounds, giving him some significant amount of strength that otherwise he knew he would not have had. It was with this strength that he smiled, "Karrha...You're alive...The bitch was lying...Thank god..." It seemed as if he'd completely ignored her, although it was likely simply overriding relief.

And then Ataran showed up, sweeping away the fire where the Mage no longer had the power to do so and sealing up the fire Mage. With extreme pain, he propped himself up. "Ataran," He managed weakly, "Namar...He lives?" He looked toward Atma, now no longer Atma but instead Kelsi, and frowned, "And...What are we to do...With...her?"

P.K.
05-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Karrha blinked at the mage. "Don't tell me you thought I was dead to." she muttered leaning against the tree as she took in what happened next. She simply sighed feeling near exhausted but she wasn't quite done yet. As she watched the pillar of Glass shatter and something get sucked into a little orb which made her shudder with memory. She was very confused though when Ataran turned them to say nothing more then "the readings of the prophet have been fulfilled..." What was that supposed to mean?

She turned as Dezeroth propped himself up she laid a hand on his shoulder. "Take it easy." She glanced over at the General then and then what was left of the girl. She sighed heavily before using the tree to pull her tired and battered body up. She slowly made herself move over To Namar's limp body, no hurry now not that she could make herself hurry if she wanted to. Sinking down she placed her hands on the man's chest and worked on healing him, even a little bit.

"That mage girl managed to blow up the pass, its completely collapsed so we have to go over or around." she said glancing back at the women before turning back to her small task which was draining the rest of her her energy but the general would be out of danger now. Once satisfied she slumped foreword entirely drained. She would find it hard now to stay awake.

E1Alpha
05-05-2013, 01:58 PM
As Ataran marched to the remaining Scaravians, sand whipped up from the ground, reattaching to his body as the parts that were missing reformed from the sand slowly. Namar grunted as he slowly stirred to conscious, not mortally wounded, but very weakened as he forced himself to sit up. "Well... Seems... we survived this one..." He grinned a bit weakly, before pushing himself up, rubbing his eyes.

Ataran in the meantime stepped in between Namar and the other two. "We should thank the young mage... That pass was one of the few weaknesses in the defense of our land. Now she got rid of it for us... And now, we are close enough to our border, for the shifting sands to continue our journey." With that, Ataran whipped his arms up as a raging sandstorm began to form around the survivors, dousing any remaining flames as they could see and feel their bodies slowly being taken apart, turning into sand that was whipped up into the storm. Once there was nothing left but sand, the four travelled as one massive dust cloud, racing straight to the Scaravian city, before they would all reform outside the gates of the city.
As if they were already warned of their approach, soldiers and medics came rushing out, seeking to immediatly tend to Namar, Dez and Karrha's wounds. By the time the medics had reached them however, Ataran was no longer anywhere to be seen.

Eddren
05-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Dezeroth was, at this time, fully unconscious, as there was no longer any need for him to remain awake. Later, he would report to Al'tajin and get the fully meaning of this prophesy. But for now...Rest...

P.K.
05-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Karrha let the medics tend her with out a word keeping her eyes closed as she tried to regain enough streagth to walk rather then being carried this time. "We survived that one, for a while I didn't think we would." she murmured then looked around herself to see that their savior was indeed gone. After a moment she waved away the medics and began to pick herself up. "I have enough streagth to get back to my own dwelling." she muttered to any protests. She glanced at Dez and the General She could easily tell them to bring them back to her place and it be easy to treat them there to, She didn't think she had the strength to do that much though, not yet.

She sighed heavily gesturing to them. "Bring them to if you wants I've got plenty of everything at the moment including room for two patients and myself." She was not sure if she really cared wither they listened or not she was heading to her small home to treat herself the rest of the way and then follow Dezeroth's example and pass out.