PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: La Volpe vs The Bartender (Judge - The Imposter)

The Imposter
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
The combatants found themselves in darkness, something hard beneath their feet. Before they could gather their senses a spot light illuminated a figure between them. The strange creature with pointy ears held in his hands something that might closely resemble a mask of a certain super mod and his long flowing hair. An old microphone lowered from above into the light that surrounded the creature. With a smile and glint in his eye he took a deep breath.

'Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages! Welcome, welcome, welcome to tonight's match up!'

The creature quickly winked an eye and an applause erupted from all around the warriors. The gremlin-esque creature chuckled and continued.

'Let's look at who will be duking it out shall we?'

With a wave of his arms more lights turned on showing the two warriors and where they were. They found themselves in an average size boxing ring without any ropes attached to it, in what appeared to be some sort of stadium. The place looked run down, with boarded up windows, and the floors were cracked with little pieces of grass poking through. Anyone with any sense of decor would have been disgusted. The seating around the ring was in just as bad of a condition with some of the rows completed destroyed. It didn't take long to realize that there wasn't a crowd and instead in the seats were cardboard cut outs of various members of a certain roleplaying internet forum.

'Ta da! Now of course this isn't going to be some typical sort of boxing match. Oh no! I give you: The catch! Tehehehe...'

Immediately when he finished saying the phrase three large ropes wrapped themselves around the ring, a large humming noise radiated from all three. The imp like creature began to roar in laughter and clap his hands into the microphone causing a huge squeal of feedback.

'HAHAHA! Well let's just say you might not want to bump into those...you'll be shocked at what happens if you do. HAHAHAHA!'

Beginning to float away the small creature fitted the mask on (the one that had the uncanny resemblance to a certain supermod) and yanked the microphone up to where he was.

'So get to it! KILL EACH OTHER ALREADY!!!!!!!'

With that the impostering pixie vanished.

---------------

So with that welcome to the most electrifying arena of the first round. The battle will end after you have each posted 5 times. You will have 72 hours from the time of your opponents post to get your post in. After two full rounds (four posts) everyone's favorite imposter will reappear and effect the environment.

Have at it you two!

Oh yeah, after the toss of a Canadian penny(which is no longer a viable form of currency) La Volpe gets first post!

La Volpe
04-21-2013, 09:24 PM
'Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages! Welcome, welcome, welcome to tonight's match up!'

The creature quickly winked an eye and an applause erupted from all around the warriors. The gremlin-esque creature chuckled and continued.

'Let's look at who will be duking it out shall we?'

With a wave of his arms more lights turned on showing the two warriors and where they were. They found themselves in an average size boxing ring without any ropes attached to it, in what appeared to be some sort of stadium. The place looked run down, with boarded up windows, and the floors were cracked with little pieces of grass poking through. Anyone with any sense of decor would have been disgusted. The seating around the ring was in just as bad of a condition with some of the rows completed destroyed. It didn't take long to realize that there wasn't a crowd and instead in the seats were cardboard cut outs of various members of a certain roleplaying internet forum.

'Ta da! Now of course this isn't going to be some typical sort of boxing match. Oh no! I give you: The catch! Tehehehe...'

Immediately when he finished saying the phrase three large ropes wrapped themselves around the ring, a large humming noise radiated from all three. The imp like creature began to roar in laughter and clap his hands into the microphone causing a huge squeal of feedback.

'HAHAHA! Well let's just say you might not want to bump into those...you'll be shocked at what happens if you do. HAHAHAHA!'

Beginning to float away the small creature fitted the mask on (the one that had the uncanny resemblance to a certain supermod) and yanked the microphone up to where he was.

Victors eyes narrowed as the bright light flooded the arena. How he'd gotten here was a mystery to the young man, where here was was an even bigger one. He watched the rather strange looking pixie disappear, his hands falling to the hilts of his currently split swords. His eyes darted around the stands, scanning over each cardboard figure to make sure none were hidden attackers. But they weren't his concern right now. The assassins cold eyes fell onto his opponent. They looked human, but in the end that would matter very little in the end.

"So, shall we begin?" Victor called out, slowly rolling his shoulders to work out the tension. It mattered little why, or how he was here. All that mattered now was defeating the one in front of him. He spread his legs out, his right leg in front, his left slightly behind. The air seemed to hum with anticipation (Or was it electricity?) as the assassin slowly drew his blades from there well oiled sheaths. Now ready, Victor fully focused on the opponent in front of him, prepared to battle. He felt the weight of his swords as he spun them in small circles, familiarizing his body to there deadly extensions. The weight of the chain mail hidden within the leather armor slowed his movements a fraction, but he was certain once he began fighting, he'd get used to it. He could feel his heart start to speed up in anticipation of the combat. Let it begin... Echoed through Victors mind as his eyes narrowed, cutting out some of the glare from the lights.

The Bartender
04-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Amber was dazzled due of the bright lights but her eyes quickly got used to them. She looked at the pixie, then at the strange cardboards on the sides. Finally her sight landed on the man who was standing on the other side of the ring; He was young, that was sure, Amber could tell it from the features of his face and his body build. The man was muscular and even quiet cute (Ambers opinion). Only thing that was strange was the colour of his hair. It was snow white, a strange colour for so young human.

Then the man pulled out a pair of swords from his sheats and began to move closer toward the Dryad but didn't seem to attack but only observe her.She wasn't sure why they had to fight but one thing she knew was that she had to protect herself. Amber grabbed into her pounchesand threw the seeds all around the ring. As they hit the ground, the seeds suddenly wanished into the ground and small sprouts began to grow out of the places as they started to turn the ring into a small forest. Amber looked at the man;
"Then come, I'm ready."

La Volpe
04-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Victor watched as the women, for he could now see her better, threw out a handful of seeds that quickly vanished into the arena floor. "Then come, I'm ready." the women called out. The assassin stopped before he drew to near to the women though, and began to slowly walk back and forth, almost animal like, as he looked his opponent over. Not human... She looks like she's partially plant.. Her skin's bark like... That'll be hard to cut through. He thought as he continued his pacing. He stopped again though, now facing her from her left side.

"Human or not, you'll fall all the same in the end." He said, dropping into a slight crouch. 1... 2.... 3! He mentally counted as he launched forward. He brought one sword into a high slash, while keeping the other low to the ground. It was a basic attack routine, but even simple attacks could be devastating in the long run. There was a good distance between the too combatants, but Victor could, and was covering ground rather quickly. His ice blue eyes were locked on his target, only one of them would survive this, and he'd make sure it was him. Survival of the fittest. were his last thoughts as he closed in.

The Bartender
04-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Amber watched as the man began to move more cautious, possibly trying to measure her and her abilities but the dryad wasn't sure about it. She looked around her and saw how her plants were growing with incredible pace, they seemed to be in hurry in order to protect their master. As the man dashed toward her with great speed, Amber was suprised how fast the man was and quickly jumped out of the way as the swordstried to cut her but only thing they managed to slice was a small part of Amber's dress.

As she laded, Amber grabbed a long, thorny rose tendril and ripped it out of the ground. She then turned back to her enemy and swung the long whip in large circles around her. Now she was armed as well and her weapon had a larger range than the man with swords. Amber then swung the rose whip diagonal toward the ground, smashing the Lily-of-the-Walley's all around the area, releasing a large cloud of poison from them.

The Imposter
04-25-2013, 09:06 PM
As the two combatants squared off, neither noticed the shift in the ceiling. The movement continued until the building cracked and the roof was pulled right off. Rubble dropped about as the small imp like creature hovered in the air, his mischievous apparent even way above them in the sky. He began to rub his hands together and as a small amount of dust rose up from them and tickled his nose. The tickle quickly grew and was becoming a sneeze, the pointy eared pixie huffed twice before sneezing. The sneeze rang out at an ungodly volume shaking the whole area. The electrified ropes snapped and began to whip around violently.

The mucus shot out from him and instantly multiplied in size falling in various spots on the ring and floor, the sparking ropes flailed and when they came into contact with the mucus the slime also became electrified. The Imposter sighed satisfied with the new changes and disappeared.

(For the rest of the battle you two must roll a six sided die when you post *either online or a real one it doesn't matter*. If you roll a six you must incorporate getting shocked by either the ropes themselves or the mucus. Enjoy!)

La Volpe
04-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Victor launched himself into a series of back hand springs as the toxic clouds erupted from a series of plants that had suddenly grew from the seeds the women had thrown earlier. As he landed a safe distance, Victor scrambled to get out of the way as a rather disgusting glob of snot fell only inches away from him, and electricity suddenly coursed across the surface of the slime. Victor looked back towards his opponent, who now safely hid behind a cloud of toxic fumes and was armed with a large plant like whip. He tightened the cloth around his face, and sheathed one of his swords, pulling out one of his boot daggers instead. Tossing the blade a few times to remember the weight of the weapon, Victor suddenly whipped the small projectile towards the women, seeing how she'll react.

The Bartender
04-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Amber jumped out of the way as the ropes on the sides of the arena got lose and began to spin but then she slipped out as she landed and a lightning jumped to her from a huge snot glob. The Dryad screamed in pain as the magical bolt of energy went throught her body, her bark cracked all around her body but the "blood" of her wasn't damaged.
She slowly stood up and grabbed the ivy tendril on the ground and bound it around the cracks in order to stabilize her now broken bark. Suddenly she felt a dangerous precense and swung her rose whip in a circle around her, midway it collided with the dagger the man had thrown and caused it to change its trajectory.

Who is he? Why is he fighting against me? Were just few thoughts that crossed around Ambers head as she pulled more seeds out of her pouches and shattered them around the area.
This person is dangerous, but I have promised not to kill anyone... I have to defeat him without hurting him too much. With this she swung her whip toward the man, trying to bind the man with it.

La Volpe
04-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Victors hands moved with lightning precision, quickly slicing the oncoming whip into harmless pieces. The assassin narrowed his eyes, a slight grin playing behind his mask. He'd seen and heard the women scream in pain from coming in contact with the goo that now covered patches of there decrepit arena. His eyes fell to the pieces of whip and he couldn't help but laugh.

"You honestly believe that you can kill me with weak attacks like that? Let alone with such weak weapons?" He taunted, tightening his grip on his beloved swords. He looked his opponent over again, noticing her "skin" was covered in cracks now. So that hurt her more then I thought... Good. The young assassin thought. Victor stood straight up now, bringing his blade in front of him, crossing the blades in a X, his eyes never leaving the dryads. "I'm done wasting time. Let us end this." He called out, all emotion bleeding from his voice as he spoke. With his finale words spoken, Victor dashed forward once more, as he ran, he spun one sword into a reverse grip, bringing the blade flat against his left arm. Time to end this! His mind roared, though he maintained his expressionless look as he closed the distance to his target.

The Bartender
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Amber grunted as the man slashed her whip into pieces. She let the remainings fall on the ground as she dodged the next electrical rope and then hit her hand into the ground and grabbed e roots of the huge oak that had grown out of the ground between them. The dryad released a great amount of magical energy into the root and saw how a small light moved under the ground and neared the oak. As it finally reached the tree, a strange noise like a small earthquake inside the tree as its bark cracked and suddenly erupted, releasing hundreds of shards, as sharp and strudy as a steel daggers, a rain of deadly spikes that flew in all directions.

At the same time Amber grabbed the next whip out of roses and lashed toward her enemy, this time she swung it diagonal from above toward the head of her enemy in order to crush his head with this strike. I'm sorry but it seems I have no other choise. Amber whispered.

La Volpe
05-01-2013, 12:57 AM
At the sound of the oak tree exploding, Victor kicked his legs out, sliding across the ground on his back as to avoid most of the razor sharp shards. he felt several slice across his legs and arms, but his eyes never left his target. The sight of another whip made the assassins eyes widen a fraction, but as he slid he brought Malice across from the left, hacking the whip apart once more. He grinned as he brought his legs in suddenly, popping himself up from the ground. Now back on his feet, Victor glanced at his wounds, which numbered more then he'd originally anticipated. His arms and legs bled from dozens of small cuts from the shrapnel of the tree bomb. But now Victor was in close, just like he liked it.

"You almost had me there with that explosion. I'm bleeding more now then I ever have." He spoke calmly, showing the women the numerous cuts that covered his body. "But now it's my turn." He continued, a growl clear in his voice. He brought his twin swords together, and where there was once two swords, one long sword now remained. Pulling off his mask, Victor grinned like a wild man as he gripped his sword with both hands. "Now... your turn to bleed!" Victor roared, launching three swift, powerful slashes. Left, right, overhead. If any connected, it would hurt... bad. I need to end this! Else I bleed out... His mind echoed, a slight hint of urgency clear in the thought.

The Bartender
05-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Amber saw how the man dodged her oak bomb and destroyed the whip while nearing quickly. As the man suddenly combined his swords, Amber could only jump out of the way as the first slash of the now pretty long sword tried to reach her. She managed to cut down the young oak near her but still decided to dodge the second strike.
But as the man swung his sword the third time Amber put her "staff" between her and the sword, blocking the attack but she knew her enemy was much stronger than herself ans she felt how the ground under her cracked, she also felt how her bark cracked again and small streams of resin began to run out of the widening cracks all around her body. I can't let lose too much powers. The dryad thought and fell on her knee to carry the weight of the strike.
Next to her Amber noticed the now fully grown Lily-of-the-walley's near them and with a bit of effort managed to concentrate on them (even thought she felt extreme pain) and they silently released the poison inside them and forming a cloud that started to surround the Dryad and the assassin.

The Imposter
05-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Five post limit reached. Please be patient as judgement takes place.

-The Edit-

Here is my scoring

La Volpe
Writing Style - 2: Your posts were solid, but they just didn't seem to carry a sense of excitement. Don't be afraid to flesh out your character's experience.

Effectiveness in Combat - 1: I think you stayed true to your character, but his fighting style could be a little more glamorized. Most of his attacks weren't unpredictable.

Control of the Field - 1: You definitely seemed to be the one controlling the fight but save your intro you hardly mentioned the stage or tried to use it to your advantage. Save the exploding oak you really seemed to down play your opponents arsenal.

The Bartender
Writing Style - 1: The posts were ok but seemed choppy, I did take away points for some errors in spelling and what not. Don't be afraid to proof read your posts!

Effectiveness in Combat - 2: I think you definitely stayed to your strengths here with your character however I'm not a fan of the seemingly limitless supply of seeds she spread out at the first. I'd advise to put some boundaries or at least list out how many of each seed was planted. Something that at least lets us know you aren't just reaching for stuff just out of reaction but have some kinda plan.

Control of the Field - 1: Same with La Volpe, you didn't really use the environment to your advantage/disadvantage. (save the dice roll I implemented). Again since you didn't list out which seeds and how many you planted at the beginning it gave the sense you were totally just reacting every time to La Volpe.

As you see by adding up the scores they are the same. So another judge was brought in to break the tie and their scoring declared La Volpe the winner.

So La Volpe moves on to the next round.