PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Koti~ Vs. La Volpe (judge - Nazgul)

John
05-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Death. Destruction. Mayhem. These were all things which were denied to Nazgul in the last battle of the Rumble thanks to the machinations of Kris and the spiking of Nazgul's espresso Frappucino. This was something that Kris would eventually have to pay for. Naz could have forgiven it, but the cutesy ponies merited nothing short of torture involving fire and pasta noodles. Oh yes, Naz had something particularly devious and revolting in mind for Kris. But for now, that would have to wait.

Somewhere in the far reaches of the universe, in a pocket plane of existence where the laws of physics ceased to be, or could be manipulated for one's own uses, Nazgul appeared. Without a word he began to construct what would surely be a death trap for the soon to be maimed combatants that would appear at his whim.

Motioning with his hands, Naz was hovering a few feet from the bottom of a volcano. His magics allowed him to not only stay afloat, but also to negate the effects of a heat that would no doubt incinerate him. Admittedly, his first thought was to just make the combatants appear in midair over the lava and then dropping them in, awarding the win to whomever could go the longest without screaming. Of course though, that would be no fun for anyone but Nazgul.

A small motion with his hand and Nazgul's feet came to rest on a metal surface. The surface was a perfect square, measuring twenty feet on all sides. At each side of the square, a wall appeared stretching up twenty feet to make a perfect cube with only the top exposed. At opposite ends of the cube, Naz placed an opening of seven feet with blades that closed down every second which stretched across the entire length of the wall. next Nazgul closed off the top. The ceiling was a grate with long spikes placed along the bars. The bars themselves were one inch part and the spikes, which measured eight inches each, covered the metal bars in their entirety.

Nazgul then teleported on top of the spike covered grate, and with a wave of his arms, the cube levitated up to rest at exactly twenty feet above the lava. He grinned slightly at the thought of what lay in store for the competitors. No doubt they would be surprised. he mused at this thought before realizing it would be better to see the looks on their faces than simply imagine them. Ans with that, Nazgul waved his arms, the two combatants standing facing each other in the cube just a few feet away from the chomping blades.

"Greetings and salutations," Nazgul spoke in a voice reminiscent of a game show announcer. "Welcome to Nazgul's Super Fun Time Cube of Doom! Brought to you by the good folks at RPA. Don't mind a little insanity? Desire to become Kris's slave for all eternity? Then head on down to RPA today." Nazgul paused to clear his throat before continuing.

"Ladies and gentlemen. boys and girls! Children of all ages! I present our competitors for the evening. one of these contestants will move on to the next round while the other will become little more than a stain left on the floor. I wish you both the best of luck. And now, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's dying time!"

(Both of you know exactly where you are, though neither of you has actually seen anything outside of the cube. An image of the area outside the cube was transmitted into your minds. Despite the volcano, the temperature in the cube is a comfortable 68F(20C). By the toss of a coin, La Volpe has first post. You will have 72 hours to post following your opponents post. La Volpe, your time will begin from the time you open the PM you have been sent. Each of you will post once and then I will jump in for one more post. The battle will end after each of you has posted five times. Good luck!)

La Volpe
05-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Victor looked around himself quickly taking in his new surroundings. Only moments before he had been locked in combat with a plant like women, now he stood within a steel cage, covered in things to kill him. A mental image suddenly flooded the assassins mind, not only was he in a massive death box. He was in a massive death box, within the heart of a volcano.

The assassin showed no outward emotion to this fact, but on the inside he was more then a little bothered by it. He had no time to worry about that though, as he heard the rapped clashing of blades behind him, and his eyes fell on the spikes above him and his opponent. No escape. The only way out is through the man in front of me. Victor thought, and with this mental decree, the assassin slid Malice and Spite from there respective sheaths on his sides. Looking at his opponent, Victor was slightly hesitant to charge in to combat. His opponents weapon of choice was a massive scythe, and who knew what else. Rolling his shoulders to loosen a bit of tension, Victor bent his knees slightly, shifting his weight to his back foot, waiting for his opponent to make the first move.

"Well, let us not waste time." Victor called out, hoping to draw his opponent into making a hasty move early on.

Koti~
05-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Having been placed inside what was essentially a box of death, No.Vii was a little more than ticked off, but that quickly remedied itself. Looking up above him, he counted the number of spikes pointed down to them, momentarily broken by the flash of info flaring through his head. His smile only grew more as a soft chuckle started rolling through his body. Turning as the slam of metal grabbed his attention, he smiled at the teeth like blades in the doorway between him, and the core of a volcano.

“Hehhehhahahaaa~ This is brilliant! In a box of sheer death, surrounded by Lava!” No.Vii burst out in laughter, slipping the scythe off his back and spinning it a few times, testing the range and distance. For he had heard his opponent talking to him, asking him to not waste time. Turning on the spot, his eager eyes studied the man, going from the twin swords held in his grasp to the white cut hair. He laughed again.

“Oh, no wasting time? With that strange getup and white hair, I can see why .. you are so eager to die.” No.Vii spoke, the crazed laughter almost instantly replaced by a manic desire. From the man’s grip to his eyes, he could almost smell the cold killer in the man. This man would hold no qualms to killing him. Taking a look around, he frowned once again at the small confines of the room. Speed would not play a truthful part here, as the room was not set for it, but strength.

“Since you seem so eager to be killed, I’ll make it quick and painful for you, Mr.Whitey.” No.Vii spoke as he reached into his jacket. Out he pulled a vial filled with a red liquid, which he quickly uncorked. Tossing down the drink and letting out a harsh cough as he felt the muscles in his chest begin to roil and bulge, he smashed the vial on the ground. Chest and arms expanding, his smile grew manic, and the bloodlust rolled off the man in waves, almost seeable as his want and desire to shed blood.

“Come then ya ninja wannabe, see if you can stab me with those blades, or is your skill as blank as your hair!”

La Volpe
05-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Victor looked at his opponent with no outward emotion, though within a whirlwind was quickly building up inside the young man. His ice blue eyes scanned over his opponent once again, a little surprised at the sudden physical change that had occurred. So he has potions to mutate himself he thought, a slight grin playing behind his mask. This would be a true battle. No holds bar between these to killers.

Victor narrowed his eyes at the stab at hi, hair color, but he had quickly grown used to such things, he himself had little clue as to why his hair had lost all color.
"You mock me for my lack of hair color, at least I'm not a ginger!" Victor yelled back, a move that was rather unlike himself. This man... He was bringing out Victors true savage self, a side of him that hand been locked within the young assassin for far to long.

Victor let out a quite laugh, spinning his blades in quick, small circles before locking eyes with No.Vii once more. "Come then abomination, come and meet my blades!" he challenged, silently counting the rhythmic clashes of the blades behind him.

Koti~
05-13-2013, 03:07 PM
There it was, the man was becoming darker. It was a small thing, but it was needed to make the fight more interesting. The swords were twirling in a rhythmic fashion before he challenged him to come forward. This would be an amazing fight. Shifting his scythe into a better slashing position, he ran forward, clearing the distance with little moment, before changing his direction with a fast reaction.

Stepping just outside the persons range of swing, he dashed to the side and allowed his scythe to slide free until the last bit of the staff. Giving it a twist, he yanked hard, his forward motion still carrying the blade forward. The chain drew taunt and his scythe swung towards the assassin.

“I might be a ginger, but soon your hair will match mine, when I soak it in your blood!” No.Vii shouted as he turned, the scythe swinging hard to take off the man’s head.

La Volpe
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Victor almost laughed as the man charged him. He was fast, but Victor had already guessed he would be. One... Two... Three! He mentally counted as he watched his opponent close the gap for him. Victor took two quick steps to meet his opponent after he'd shifted directions, and as the massive scythe swung to free his head from his shoulders, Victor dropped to his knees, and leaned back, watching the massive weapon soar over him, mere inches away from a killing blow.

"Not bad, but not good enough." Victor taunted, slashing at the legs of No. Vii. Victor had to work fast, otherwise he'd be fighting this power house on his back. Which was not something he'd like to do. This is it... The fight I've been waiting for... Victor thought, his heart starting to speed up. Victor grinned, a wild, blood thirsty grin, one that matched that of his opponent.

Koti~
05-13-2013, 04:06 PM
No.Vii pulled on the scythe as the man ducked underneath it, the blade wizzing past where his head once was. His eyes were eager as he watched the man roll forward, blades gliding through the air to take off his legs. He moved, legs shifting back as the blades cut into his skin, narrow, long, and jagged as he twisted his leg just enough. Pain lanced through him as the metal cut just below his shin, fresh blood trailing with. He followed through with his jump, moving a couple feet back as his scythe took on a purple hue, now reattached and in his hands.

*Yes, there it is! The pain, oh so good!* No.Vii mentally thought as the blood started to flow down his legs. He took a moment to wait for the man to be just where wanted him, his legs pointed towards the ground. He stepped forward on his wounded leg, sending another fresh jolt through his system and then swung down, the purple hue shining in the room.

“You might be good at dodging, but You can’t run forever!” No.Vii shouted, throwing his strength and weight into the swing. His scythe flew through the air rapidly, aimed dead center towards the man.

La Volpe
05-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Victor was in a bad spot. That was clear... So why wasn't the assassin worried? The rhythmic clashing of the bladed doorways echoed inside his head, matching the thumping of his beating heart. His eyes narrowed as he felt a magic presence suddenly enter the battle, seeing the purple hue suddenly cover the scythes blade.

Move... His mind calmly commanded. And his body listened. Victor shifted his right leg to the side, pushing off the ground and rolling himself to the side as the scythe smashed into the floor of the death box. Victor scrambled to his feet, laughing like a mad man the whole time. Rising up, Victor ripped off his mask, showing the wild smile now dominating his face. He winced though, now realizing a gash across his back. His chain mail was destroyed, along with his black leather chest piece. Victor ripped off his upper armor, reveling a scarred, yet unusually muscled upper body.

"It was slowing me down." Was the only explanation Victor gave his opponent. Victor rolled his shoulders again, quietly laughing to himself in a rather mad fashion. He locked eyes with No. Vii again, moments before dashing forward, leaping towards the man, spinning himself so as to hit with Malice first then Spite next. Either this would end well, or he'd get killed. Either way, Victor was grinning like the wild animal he'd kept locked away for to long. Come, show me the beast within you! His mind roared as he flew into his attack.

Koti~
05-13-2013, 08:50 PM
No.Vii snarled as his blade sunk into the ground some, having felt it skate across mans skin. He kept the scythe there as the man stood up and ripped off the ruined armor and chain mail, talking about how it had slowed him down. Waiting, he watched the man charge forward, leaping into the air to attack. No.Vii twisted the end of his scythe and pulled up, his arm just missing the blade and feeling it dig into the space just below his armpit. Both blades struck well, each scoring a good hit just about the ribs.

“Then let me make you ligher!” No.Vii shouted, pulling the chain down, catching both blades inside the chain and spun them. The chain wrapped around the blades and No.Vii kicked the still embedded chain, freeing it from the ground as the hue had grown brighter. As the blade came free, he grabbed the scythe and swung forward, aiming once again for the aiming man, hunger in his eyes.

Yes, show me that hunger, that bloodthirsty desire! No.Vii mentally shouted at his opponent, blade aimed right for the mans chest, in hopes to spear his opponent in the chest, to watch the life bleed out of the man as his heart was skewered on the glowing blade. His last image a grinning man.

La Volpe
05-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Victor let go of his beloved swords, seeing as there was little hope of freeing them from the chain No. Vii had caught them in. Without hesitation, Victor pulled free the dagger hooked in the sheath in the small of his back. It wasn't anything special, but it would work. As the scythe surged towards his chest, Victor spun himself sideways, parallel to the path of the scythe, feeling the blade slice through the air, taking a layer of skin off of his chest, as cleanly as though the blade was as sharp as a razor blade. But instead of stopping his motion, Victor continued his rotation, stepping in close to his greatest opponent ever. Bringing his dagger about in a reverse grip, Victor laughed like a demon free from hell as stood in front this man.... The man who gave him the key to free the wolf within. "Thank you for this, but time's up." He said, biting down on the dagger he had momentarily held. The assassins hands suddenly flew to his boots, freeing his second and third dagger. As he finished speaking, Victor watched as the upper body of No. Vii suddenly returned to its normal form. A wild grin grew behind the dagger clenched in his mouth, as Victor charged forward, throwing the two daggers in his hands at the legs of his opponent, and following the blades with the full force of his 153 lbs. in the form of a sprinting drop kick aimed for his chest. What ever happened from there, was left to fate.

Thank you for this... You've given me that which no other has managed. You've freed me. For that, I will forever be grateful to you my mysterious opponent. echoed the thoughts of the young assassin as he closed his eyes, waiting to either feel his blow connect, or feel the death blow that would quickly follow if his attack failed.

Koti~
05-15-2013, 01:59 AM
“I agree, Time to end this Mr.Whitey.” No.Vii said in glee. He waited, grabbing the scythe with his other hand and returned it to normal. The blade had dulled some, and his poison had worn off. He didn’t see much point in doing so, and a noise behind him told him differently, forming a wonderful idea in his head. The second the daggers came towards his thighs and the man aiming to drop kick him, his smile grew wide.

“So glad you like jumping, cause now you’ll jump to your doom!” No.Vii shouted his line and took the hit in his knees, feeling the blades sink into his flesh and reawaken the blades edge. He didn’t even dare dodge the kick, his only response was to put the blade of his scythe down and wait for the kick to connect. And connect it did.

The air pushed itself out of his lungs, and he let himself collapse, not even fighting the hit, wanting to put himself towards the ground. He smile as he fell more, the assassins body now more above him. His scythe flew up and he yanked up, snagging the man in the shoulder as he pulled more. The blade sliding free in the mans skin, the staff pushed him.

*In the Door ya go, ShiskaWhiteyBob* No.Vii thought to himself, as he watched the assassin fly...

Right into the waiting jaws of the closing spike doors.

Finishing the swing, the blade slammed down into the metal to stop himself just short of the spike door, but his push had sent his opponent straight into it, slamming his body down into the metal floor and driving the blades through his body. No.Vii rolled away from the spikes, standing up with a smile at the blood now coatinging his body, and the trails of blood oozing from both leg.

“Told ya I would turn ya as red as me.” No.Vii laughed, not sure whether the man could hear him or not. He didn’t care, he was damn happy.

John
05-21-2013, 05:37 AM
Good job to both of you. And I do apologize for the delay on this. Life can be a bitch sometimes.

Writing Style:
-Ideas La Volpe 2/Koti 2 (it was a fight. No more no less. A lack of environmental stimuli made the fight less than what it could have been)
-Flow La Volpe 2/Koti 1(While I thought both fo you had a good flow to your posts, I honestly fond it hard to get a clear mental image of what No. Vii's weapon was doing)
-Conventions La Volpe 2 /Koti 2(first and foremost, I suck at grammar... good thing to say when you're an admin on a writing site XD Anyway, you both had some spelling and grammatical errors. There wasn't one person's posts that stood out to me more than the other for having errors.)

Effectiveness of Combat:
-Character Consistency La Volpe 3/Koti 3(nice job both of you)
-Ingenuity La Volpe 3/Koti 3 (you both seemed to have a good grasp of the situation you were in and handled it well. I see nothing wrong here)
-Interaction La Volpe 2 /Koti 2(I thought you played off each other well. The hair insults were a little much to me, but that's just my opinion.)

Control of the Field:
-Environmental Awareness La Volpe 0/Koti 0(as the instructions in the first post were not followed, there were no actual environmental conditions to speak of)
-Strategic Awareness La Volpe 3/Koti 3(you were both aware of what was going on. The field didn't provide much for you to work with and you did what you could wiht what you had.
-Control of the Fight La Volpe 2 /Koti 2(I honestly find this very hard to score. While Koti clearly had control of the fight, there is much to be said in the way a person is defeated)

Final Score

La Volpe 19
Koti 18

Congratulations La Volpe.