PDA

View Full Version : Virus X [ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE] (OOC- M)

Alter Ego
05-12-2013, 12:50 PM
WARNING: RATED M FOR MATURE

IC Thread: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43917&p=1467280#post1467280

The Story
Everything was normal before the virus was released. The world was an imperfect place, with pleasures and horrors that can make anyone be either terrified or happy. A small country known as Trestahn has been working on a virus for years, known as Virus X. It can kill a normal human and then bring them back to life; features horrible to the eye and hungry for flesh and blood. Trestahn released Virus X into Asia first, which quickly spread to Europe. Now, it's in America, with zombies walking the streets and eating anything that moves within a 5 foot radius from it.

The Plot
A bunch of survivors with a strong will to live have joined together to survive this Apocalypse. However, with zombies roaming the streets day and night and supplies becoming scarce, will they survive long enough until a cure for Virus X is found? The group members will test each other's patience; pushing some to the edge. Will anyone survive this catastrophe?

Zombies
These zombies come in many shapes and forms, but some are more deadly than others. With this survival guide, covering which zombies are which, you just might be able to survive another day.

Mayhems

These are probably the most common type of zombie. You can come across these just about anywhere, but some are more hungry than others...
Like all zombies, they have to be shot in the brain in order for them to die for real, or die from starvation.
A picture:http://americablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/zombies1.jpg

Jocks

Basically the big, stupid ones. They have tons of muscle, but lack in comprehension and speed. These are slightly more rare to come across, but that doesn't mean they won't show up. You can find them usually at abandoned gyms or schools, but they can be found elsewhere. If you swipe at this zombie too much, like cutting off its arms, then it becomes weak and can only bite. They can only die from being shot in the head, or from starvation.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110920012417/deadisland/images/e/e6/Thug1.jpg]

Boomers

These zombies are probably the hardest to kill, as they have several layers of fat that can protect gin shots from doing any damage, even crippling them. These are not too hard to find, either, but they're still just as lethal as any other zombie. They can vomit from a long distance, and this vomit can infiltrate any opening in you body and infect you from there. These zombies can only die from a shot to the head or starvation.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/jan12/boomer.jpg]

IN GAME RULES

-No killing each other. Let's leave that for the zombies, ok?
-If you bitten by a zombie, you will turn in 24 hours. However, if the limb that was bitten is amputated within 10 minutes of being infected, you can survive
-There is only a handful of immune people. Just because they can't turn, doesn't mean that they can't die.
-Food, water, and medical supplies are hard to come across. There will be a group stock, but there's only going to be a few things to start off with. For the rest of the apocalypse, you're going to have to scavenge for materials.
-There IS allowed to be sexual themes, violence, and swearing. This is rated M, no?

RP RULES

-If you want to be an immune person, PM me about it and I'll decide if you can or not. We'll figure out why you're immune together, though.
-Let's try and keep the RP on for as long as possible. There can be plot twists, and if everyone wants to, we can end the zombie apocalypse after the group has been put through a lot or trials.
-Yes, you can make more than 1 character. We need a few to start off with so that way we have a chance to make it seem like an actual zombie apocalypse.
-You MUST have decent grammar and spelling skills! Mistakes are ok every once in a while, but not in every other word!
-No fighting in OOC form, please.
-Try and type up at least 2 paragraphs so we have something to work with. Try not to use any one-liners, use them only when necessary.
-Have fun with it!

Character Sheet

Name:
Nickname (if you have one):
Appearance: (Pictures are what I'd like but you can have a description if you cant find a picture for your character :D)
Personality:
Bio:
History: (What life was like before the apocalypse, basically. Include your profession)
Skills: (Can your character shoot a gun well? Are they a good cook? etc.)
Weapons: (Have at least one melee weapon and a gun. It can be basically anything, but don't make it anything unreasonable.)
Other:

My characters:

Jim Walko

Name: Jim Walko
Nickname: None
Appearance: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/929thebull.com/files/2012/03/Handsome-guy.jpg Stands at 5'7 with a muscular build.
Personality: Tough, a good leader, loving with family, kind, smart
Bio: Jim is married to Morgan Walko and has a son named Michael, both of whom he loves very much. He will do anything to protect his family and the group, and will always put others before himself.
History: Jim was a college professor and lived with Morgan and Michael in a pretty big house. His parents both died from a car accident when he was 22, and this left him depressed for about a year. He quickly got back up on his feet, though, and carried on with life. He took a gun shooting class up until now, so he's a good shot and can kill a zombie within a few seconds. He played on a hometown football team, so he has a good arm and can throw as well.
Skills: Shooting from far distances, throwing.
Weapons: Baseball bat, AK47, basically any type of gun.
Other:

Morgan Walko

Name: Morgan Walko
Nickname: More
Appearance: http://www.etownsmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Pretty_Lady.jpeg Is 5'5 and skinny, but is toned.
Personality: She is a very fun person to be around, she's got a good sense of humor, is caring, and is a good listener.
Bio: Throughout her entire life, Morgan was someone that everyone liked. She was always there for other people, and received countless gifts from those who she had helped out. She graduated high school with a Medical degree. She met Jim when she was 21 (him being 22), and helped him get through his depression.
History: Morgan was a nurse after she graduated from college, but has been a doctor for the past 12 years. Her parents were always there for her, but she doesn't know where they are now. Because of her profession in the medical field, she got quite a lot of money and was able to afford a nice house suitable for raising a child.
Skills: She doesn't like to handle weapons, but she can shoot with a bow and arrow decently.
Weapons: Bow and Arrows, M1911 pistol, and some bigger guns.
Other:]

Michael Walko

Name: Michael Walko
Nickname: Mikey, Mike
Appearance: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6Hqk4OiHSDA/TM4Tm-258KI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/41RwB8bP1kg/s1600/Conner+100E.jpg , small, skinny
Personality: Very thoughtful, fun to be around, curious
Bio: Michael is a cute little boy that is constantly being adored by people older than him, and he doesn't really mind it. He likes to color and draw things whenever he's not doing anything. He's quite talkative, and adults find him a little strange since he looks at issues and other things at an odd view.
History: Michael had just started Kindergarten, and was having fun. He got praised a lot by his teacher for his drawings. At home, he grew up in a very loving environment and had dozens of toys at his disposal. He loved his parents very much (still does), and doesn't like to be away from them. However, whenever he's told to, he will stay put and wait for his parents to come back. He is known to wander off and do dangerous things, though.
Skills: Can draw and color, and has a mean kick (lol xD)
Weapons: None, his mother doesn't want him to learn how to wield one yet.
Other:

Can't wait to see what characters you guys come up with :D!

DoughGuy
05-12-2013, 01:43 PM
This looks like an awesome roleplay. If you need more players you can advertise it in the Roleplay Directory ( http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645&page=5&p=1329919#post1329919) or submit it for RP of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905). If you want to get a unique banner for your RP stop by the RP of the Week Banner Shop (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18912) and one of our great artists will happily help you out. If you want to advertise in your own sig ask one of the Sig shops (http://role-player.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72) to get you a set. And if you’d like the staff to help you out just ask them to list it in their signatures (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975). Finally the RPA Tribune (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18026) also has places for RPs to be advertised in every issue.

Soulio
05-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I'll think about joining

OhMahGawsh
05-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Name: Lucy Jones
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5EdotlBEeGR3GkZXmyBYgnhiOZ4FOz biG7iPTpbg0T2VwfOTo
Personality: Generous, kind, strong-willed
Bio: Lucy Jones loved to be around people. She had many friends and went to tons of college parties. Many people liked her and thought she was fun. However, she had deep secrets that she never dared to tell.
History: Before the zombie apocalypse had begun, Lucy had been studying to become a nurse at a University. She learned a lot of useful things that have been keeping her alive so far. She also use to live in an apartment with her boyfriend until he got bit by a zombie. She tried all she could to save him but she didn't have enough time and tools to do the job. Luckily for her, her boyfriend was in the military so she was able to get some weapons from him for herself.
Skills: healing
Weapons: service pistol, shotgun.
Other:

Alter Ego
05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Great! OhMahGawsh, you're accepted. And as for you, SoulReaper, I really hope you do join :D

Ladaron
05-12-2013, 10:44 PM
U caught my eye cs soon

Alter Ego
05-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Great! I seriously cant wait to see what character(s) you come up with!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Great! I seriously cant wait to see what character(s) you come up with!! :D

OhMahGawsh
05-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Yay! Thanks! I'm so excited!!! :D!!

Soulio
05-13-2013, 05:23 AM
I'm gonna PM you my CS, and you can tell me if it's ok or not. I'll do my best to change it if necessary

Alter Ego
05-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Ok! We need about two more people to join, then I'll start an IC thread.

Ladaron
05-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Name: Shane Grimes
Appearance: 6'1 brown skin short mohawk cut(Like B.A. in the new A-team) weighs 210
Personality:Outspoken and looks out for hisself only
Bio: Shane was kick out of the Marines for disobeying orders. Coming back home Shane got a job as a trash man he worked and came home living a everyday life till the outbreak. Running home to break out his old Marine gear Shane travels with a group till they die or piss him off that he lives
History:Shitty he was a trashman with a bad attitude
Skills: sniper,hunter and cook
Weapons: .457 Magnum, M107 .50 Caliber Long Range Sniper he doesn't carry it often and a crowbar.
Other: really a nice guy if you can get to know him.

Gardemo
05-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I see you still need one character.... Will be typing my CS today or tommorow

Alter Ego
05-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Ladaron, your character is in. He seems like a good character to have! We need some characters with an attitude. Wouldn't be an apocalypse without 'em! And as for you, Gardemo, that would be great :D!

Gardemo
05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Name: Sid Jones
Appearance: Sid is taller than most men, but is skinny compared to his height. He has short black hair. He usually wears a t-shirt and jeans.
Personality: easy-going, helpful, clever.
History(Im not sure how bio is different from history so I'll just do it in one): Sid had a normal upbringing, he went to school, eternally the kid most people didn't notice, until they needed to someone to copy the homework off. He did have a few friends, but they were never really close. When in college his rastaman roommate let him have a few drags, of weed now and then. Thank's to this he fell into an addiction he couldn't get rid of. At the same time he met Nancy. She was to be the love of his life. Soon after finishing college they married each other, and at first seemed like a happy pair. But Sid had no jobe, and was becoming a junkie, whilst Nancy worked as an architect, bringing sufficieny money into the home. Nancy kept pleading Sid to stop the drugs, but he simply could not. Finally she snapped. She commited suicide, by sticking a knife in her stomach. Only this made Sid stop taking drugs. After that he found an honest job, as a car repairman. He has been working like this up until the apocalypse.
Skills: repairing things, building mechanisms
Weapons: baseball bat, small, weak pistol.

Sorry for the crappy CS but I am dead weight by twelve at night.

Alter Ego
05-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Sid Jones, your character is in, too. Don't worry about your character sheet, it's just fine! :D

As for the IC thread, I'll make one tomorrow. I assume it's pretty late right now for a majority of us and that a lot of action won't really take place if everyone's not there.

Alter Ego
05-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Ok everyone! IC thread is up!

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43917&p=1467280#post1467280

Sorry for such a long post, I wanted to get them to find a house.

Alter Ego
05-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Hey! I found an interesting RP, and maybe you'd guys be interested in joining? Here's a link:

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43874

BTW, since I posted an ad for a RP, you guys can too. It's only fair :)

Soulio
05-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Name- Jason Kale

Gender-Male

Age-37

Personality-Asshole, playboy by heart, he is also kind, caring, and will always try and help his friends. When he gets angry, he loses all sense of right and wrong, and may tend to rush into many things, even when he isn't angry.

Appearance- Brown eyes and shaven black hair. Has light scruff, and is typically always wearing a brown leather jacket his father gave him before going to America. He has combat boots, and is quite muscular. He is about 6'3, has large hands, and a kind smile.

Bio-Once finishing High School, Jason was monetarily forced to join the military. His family barely scraped by, and thus had no way of sending him or his little brother to college. Because he was never one to half ass, he decided to try for the Elite. The British SAS. After enduring all of the necessary training to be considered, then the trials and challenges brought against him, he was assigned a squad, and served for about three years after his contract was finished. Upon leaving the military at 30, he decided to move to the U.S because he felt leaving the place where he was told to kill people from other areas would be ideal. He moved to Tennessee, got a job working at a bar as a bouncer, and the occasional celebrity bodyguard, he learned a few forms of martial arts, and learned how to do basic repairs to cars and other appliances. He aspired to be a writer, and thus began to write a novel.
When the outbreak occurred, Tennessee was one of the first to be hit. Over the years he had managed to get ahold of a few friends from Britain, and got a Class 3 license. He had saved up money and had weapons in a storage space, and decided very quickly to acquire them. He did however, put priority first.
He got food and water, some seeds, and then got the weapons. Since then, he has used his training to help people, defend himself, and on the occasion, heal himself and others.
Where are you from?- Great Britain

Weapons-Sig-Sauer P226, Colt M4 Carbine, Heckler & Koch HK 417, Browning High Power / FN GP35, Combat Knife he stole from a store.

Supplies-Enough food to last about another month if rationed amongst himself, a few five gallon gas cans of gas, a Prius, and his guns, two of which he has no ammo for.

Skills?- Skills that the British SAS would normally have, as well as training in two forms of martial arts, and basic knowledge of mechanics, as well as a fantastic cook he believes.

Alter Ego
05-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Just for clarification for everyone else out there, SoulReaper PMd me his character sheet and I accepted. So I hope that clears up any confusion (if you had any...)