PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Riders Acadamy

Pages : [1] 2 3

raven1200
05-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Scarlett woke up, at her usual early morning hour. She stretched and yawned, he joints popping as she did. Sliding off her bed and into her boots and dressed for the day in dark leather, slightly scorched from past... mishaps. She had just enough time to run down to the dragon pens to see Blaze before her classes began. Jogging down the stairs in the dorms, she pushed open the doors and crossed the field. She jogged into the pens, and made her way to Blaze's room. After doing this for six years now, she had a pretty good idea of where everything was. She walked in and found him waiting for her, his orange eyes fixed on her green ones. She giggled lightly and said "Good morning, you." before settling in to their morning chat.

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Christina lie awake. For some reason she was unable to sleep. She sighed as she sat up. Since she had nothing productive to do, she aimlessly wandered the corridors. She expected in some time to be told off, but not now. Her hand slid along the walls until she reached the pens. She peered inside, usually able to see if Guardina was up. Judging from her knowledge, Guardina was probably up by now. She entered the pens, passing a few dragons to see her dragon, she pulled her hair back.

커비
05-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Rin had arrived at the academy not too long ago. She had a bag around her shoulders. She looked around the academy confused as she has never been to a school before, not to mention that it was a dragon academy. Rin wasn't worried about making her way through the crowds of people who were up early in the morning. Nor did she worry about looking for her classes. She was worried about finding Lulu, her cute dragon that she had bonded before she was force to release it. Rin was told that Lulu would be at the academy when Rin had received the letter from the academy. She impatiently jogged through the academy in search of her dragon.

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Tatrina woke up from laying on a soft stomach , yawned, and rubbed her eyes. "Daeyon, what happened?" Daeyon rumbled softly and murmured into her mind, You had another blackout Tat. You had a nightmare so you came to my pen so I could calm you then you fell asleep. Tatrina groaned and grabbed a brush off a mini dresser she kept in the room for herself and began to brush her hair until it gleamed. "Daey," Tat no, you know that we're done with that. He nudged her gently and she muttered and kissed his nose. Go get people food and take a shower. You smell like Dragon. You don't need me nearby to be connected to me.

Tatrina sighed, and stood up and grabbed a robe off of the hook on the wall. "Fine Daey." Wrapping the robe around herself so that they covered her nightclothes. She grabbed the gloves and slipped them over her hands and walked out of the pen and left the building. Looking around she saw the new students arriving and smiled looking forward to working with them this year. "Well Daey, here's to another year, and NOT over reacting to silly infant dragons." Tatrina heard Daeyon's laughter in her mind and she rolled her eyes as she began back towards the school.

커비
05-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Rin continued to run around the school yard in hope of finding Lulu. She looked left and right but to no avail. After every minute that passed by, Rin grew more and more upset. She let out a sigh and sat on a wooden bench nearby. She leaned over and stared at the ground. "Lulu... Where are you..." she whispered to herself as a single drop of tear fell rolled down her cheeks.

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Slumped over the desk in his 'office', or what most students would call a classroom, Mathieu Avelin groaned and dropped his forehead on the wood surface. What he wouldn't give for a few more minutes of sleep...
"You brought this upon yourself. I warned you several times beforehand, but you did not heed my words." Siaka's statement resounded clearly in Mathieu's mind through their telepathic bond.
Mathieu just huffed, straightening up and running a hand over his face drowsily. "Forgive me. I should have listened to you," he mumbled seemingly to himself. Far away in her pen, the dragoness let out a hum of pleasure from her victory. Ignoring the swell of pride he felt emitting from his familiar, Mathieu pulled some sheets from his drawer and laced his fingers together as he read the profiles of his students he received this year. All he had to do now was wait for someone to arrive.

"Hey. You alright?" Eric West had just been wandering aimlessly after a quick chat with his dragon when he saw an older girl on a bench, crying. He couldn't help but be curious as to why she was so upset. He'd get it if a person was scared or excited, but sad? Maybe she was kidnapped or something. Honestly Eric wouldn't have been surprised if the school kidnapped people from their homes if they refused to come willingly.
He stuffed his hands into the pocket on his sweatshirt and walked closer to hear the stranger's response.

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Tatrina hummed to herself lightly as she walked. After sleeping next to Daeyon she felt peaceful and happy. She was ready to begin this school period after a good shower and dressing. She remembered vividly the first time she touched Daey's egg. It was like life had been breathed back into her and she had a reason for living once again. The only thing she wanted at that time was her mother.

Tatrina saw a teenager running around trying to find her dragon. She understood that frantic search for her dragon the first time she arrived. She took a few steps towards the girl then saw Eric sit down beside her. Tatrina needed a shower anyway so she turned and headed towards the teachers quarters.

커비
05-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Rin wiped her face with her sleeves. "I-I'm alright..." She said, but that was obviously a white lie. After looking at Eric for a moment, her eyes wandered off back towards the ground. She let out a soft whine into a sigh. She tried not to cry in front of him but tears returned to roll down her cheeks.

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 02:03 AM
Christina looked at Guardina, for some reason with her eyes crossed. Practically having Guardina as a sister, she knew her sleep patterns, but this wasn't right. But after all, she did pester her to death yesterday. She watched the dragon sleep, then she left. Out of boredom, she tried to remember who her teacher was.

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 02:13 AM
On reflex, Eric held his hands out in surrender and stepped back until he remembered that this time, it wasn't him who made the girl cry. "You know, a guy's stepping out of his comfort zone to ask what's wrong. Lying to the guy isn't a very cool way to say thanks," he mumbled, lowering his hands to his sides as he sat down beside her without permission. "Come on. It's your first day here too, ain't it? You can't be crying on your first day."
He started to poke lightly at her shoulder, not really knowing how to comfort a person, much less a girl. "Tell. Meh. What's. Wrong. C'mon, I might be able to help you out if I knew your problem," he said, showing his persistence to satisfy his curiosity.
"Who're you talkin' too?" Eric's eye twitched when he heard his dragon's telepathy from the pen he was kept in.
"No one important. Go back to sleep," he thought and hoped that the message would reach Delven. He assumed that it worked, with relief, after realizing that the young hatchling had stopped conversing with him.

커비
05-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Rin wiped her tears once more. She looked back up at Eric with a slight grin and her purple eyes shined in the sun after the tears stopped. "I-I thank you for what you're doing ... I just ... I was told my Lulu would be here... But i cannot find her any where..." She mumbled. She rubbed her shoulder after Eric had poked her.

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Eric nearly fell off of the bench when he heard her reason for crying. He caught himself though and just gaped at her for a moment. "Wait, what? You mean those creepy cloaked guys didn't tell you?" he mumbled, assuming that Lulu was the name of her dragon. "All of the dragons have to stay in their pens when we don't need them. Kinda why you don't see the rest of us with our dragons either," he explained slowly, still trying to wrap his mind around the fact that the girl had no idea about the pens.
How much time did they have until they had to find their teachers? No matter, Eric rarely obeyed the rules anyways. He pushed himself up and held a hand out to the older student. "Here, might as well show you where the pens are. Might get lost if you went to find them by yourself."

커비
05-22-2013, 02:35 AM
Rin scratched her head. "The cloaked guys didn't tell me anything..." She responded to Eric. She had a dumb struck look across her face as she did not realize nobody had their dragon companions with them. "Ah... This is awkward..." She said as she blushed. She took Eric's hand and stood up. She followed Eric as he led her to the pen.

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Christina walked out of the pens, looking for something to do or someone to talk to. She decided to loop the corridors. This being her second year, she wanted to learn all the passageways in school. She let her hand run against the wall again, feeling for anything suspicious when she ended up within a distance of the 2 slightly smaller scholars.

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 02:45 AM
After Tatrina's shower she towel dried her hair and wrapped it tightly in a bun. She layered a grey suit over her black fireproof body suit and pulled out a pair of white gloves from her drawer of gloves. "Daey, what do you think?" Daeyon murmured in her mind Stop being so silly. Human clothes are ridiculous with our talents. The only thing that's useful is that body suit of yours. Then you match me as well. Tatrina rolled her green eyes and walked over to her bookshelf where her bookbag lay. Picking the bag up she left her room.

Entering the school Tatrina wanted to find a place to look over her things and get ready for when the students would be arriving. Tat, you know you do this every term and every term you do perfectly fine. The students will come find you in the training building for Fire dragons and you will get to acquaint them with their newest soul mate. Tatrina sighed and turned towards the nearest classroom." Yeah yeah, this one will be as good as any". She entered the room and saw Mathieu looking down at some papers.

"Oh", Tat stopped in surprise, " I'm sorry, I didn't realize this room was occupied. I was going to review some of my papers..." She blushed and looked down. Tatrina was one of the newest teachers at the school and a lot of time she spent in the pen with Daeyon so she wasn't familiar with all of the other teachers.

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
"I guess that would make sense, now that I think about it." Eric's eyes rolled to the sky as he pulled the girl to her feet and started off in the direction he came from. "When I met the Brothers, I had to force the information out of them. Hope I don't run into them anytime soon..."
There was another girl with her hand pressed against the wall, but Eric decided to ignore her unless she approached them first. "Oh, by the way... I'm Eric. What's your name?" he asked. He figured he could at least try to be friendly while the stranger didn't have an opinion on him yet. Delven would whine at him if he didn't anyway.

So apparently Mathieu was to start out with only one new student. The rest were going to arrive later for some strange reason. He raised an eyebrow, but didn't complain. He had less to worry about for the time being.
The middle-aged man looked up when the door opened, thinking it was the student coming in early. But he noticed instantly that this wasn't her. It was one of the new teachers in the academy.
"Quite alright, Miss. This office is really only mine because of how long I've been using it. I don't know why, but the superiors just let us claim whatever rooms we want, as long as they're vacant." Mathieu smiled brightly, feeling even more cheerful now that his fatigue had left him sometime while he was reading. "There are a few other tables in the closet if you'd like to just stay here for a bit. A little company won't hurt me." He swiveled in his chair and pointed to the door that led to the classroom closet. All of the supplies in the room had been bought by himself. The paycheck at Hawthorne wasn't bad, and he managed to sneak a good amount of money from his family's bank account without them realizing it. There were a few advantages to having a deceased status in the public.

커비
05-22-2013, 03:05 AM
Rin smiled as Eric led her towards the pen where Lulu was being sheltered. All that was in her mind was seeing her dragon again. It's been about 2 months since she's last seen Lulu, 2 long months. After hearing Eric's question, she blushed a bit. "Hi, Eric. I'm ... Kagemaru Rin. But you can just call me Rin. I don't see the point of saying my surname." She smiled. As they began to get closer and closer to the pen, Rin began to feel Lulu's aura.

(I have to go to sleep guys >.< I'll be back tomorrow :) )

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Tatrina was rather surprised but the openness of this teacher. She still accustomed to the hostility of her father and his horrible facade. Tat smiled and said," Thank you. My name is Tatrina, but you can call me Tat. I have only been here a year as a teacher but I went here as a girl as most did." Tatrina walked to the closet and pulled out a small table and set her bag on it before pulling up a chair. Daey, suspicious of the change of emotions, Oh met another teacher have we? Tatrina muttered under her breath quietly, "Daey, don't be jealous. I can't spend all my time with you in the pen. Be nice and make friends with other dragons for once."

Tatrina opened her folder and laid out the students before her. She placed her hand on her forehead and murmured, "Three new students, all girls. This should be an interesting year." Tatrina bit her bottom lip as she studied the students profiles for a moment before looking back up at Mathieu. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your element?"

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 03:37 AM
If Eric could remember his countries right, the girl had a Japanese name. Huh. "Alright. Rin it is." He turned away from a brief second to stride purposefully into the pen. "Here we are. I don't know where your Lulu could be, but it can't be too hard to find her if you have that mental connection thing with her." He closed his eyes to see if Delven was awake. He wasn't, so he didn't bother to go look for him. There wasn't much to do with a sleeping dragon.

Grinning, Mathieu went back to looking through the bio of one of the children who was planned to come later on in the year. He was oblivious to both Tatrina's surprise in his attitude and the protectiveness of her dragon. "My name's Mathieu Avelin. My element, or I should say my dragon's, is air. You have three students? Surprisingly, I only have one this year in the beginning. You should have seen me last year when I dealt with six!"
"Ohhh. That was the most exhausting year of my life," Siaka wearily commented.
"What might your element be, Tatrina?" he inquired without looking up from the page he was holding. There were still a few minutes before classes actually started.

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Christina shrugged as they passed. She was unsure if there were passages after a bit of walking. The rumors she heard, she thought are probably lies. "So," she told herself "maybe I should sw--ah!" When she felt a small chunk of wall missing, she slipped into the 'wall'. "Illusions, well played." She quickly pulled herself out before anyone else could see. As she noted the spot the passage was, she heard Guardina's voice. 'Hey, you found a secret passage?' She shrugged.

m139
05-22-2013, 04:19 AM
Danus Agerfield paused by a room, then sighed. He hated the first day of classes. This school was so disorganized. It took so much time to find his students, as the brothers never gave them a schedule, or even a map. "Terus?" he mindspoke, "have you seen anyone?" He could feel the negative answer. "Oh well," he thought, "I best stop moving. If I do, they might find me more easily." He could sense Terus' agreement as he moved to an area outside the main buildings, and sat, thinking.

OliveBranched
05-22-2013, 04:20 AM
Isobel carefully pushed open the large front doors of the school. She had made sure to arrive two hours before classes so that she could acquaint herself with her classmates, meet her teachers, and explore the grounds. Thalassa sat quietly on Isobel's shoulder, not adding her input on the apparent emptiness of the school. She roamed through the corridors for almost ten minutes without encountering a soul. When she was about to give up her aimless wandering to find the classrooms, she noticed a female student standing near a wall. She was about to say something to her, when the girl's arm and shoulder seemed to pass through the wall. Isobel stood in shock for a moment, before calling out to the girl.

"Hello, there! Could you help me? I'm new, and don't quite know my way around yet."

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 04:37 AM
"Um, sure, I guess. What's wrong?" she asked cautiously. Christina was smart enough to know she saw it, but couldn't tell whether she believed it or not. 'Don't take too long, you'll be late for class.' Guardina chided.

OliveBranched
05-22-2013, 04:49 AM
Isobel took a step forward when the other girl responded, and tried to get rid of some of the wariness that she saw in her eyes. She put on her friendliest smile, and looked the girl in the eyes. Thalassa bumped her head against Isobel's, and she reached up to stroke behind her spines.

"I'm having a little trouble finding the classrooms. Do you know where they are?"

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 04:57 AM
"What element are you? I think the air and fire teachers are in the classroom on our 2nd right." she replied, making a motion to where the door is. "And they haven't assigned a water teacher yet." she concluded.

OliveBranched
05-22-2013, 04:59 AM
"I'm a water element. I think I passed air and fire on the way here, but I'm not sure about the others. If you don't mind my asking, what element are you?"

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 05:05 AM
"Well, since my dragon is an earth element dragon, I would be considered earth. And by the looks of it I'm the only one. And I have no clue where my teacher is either." she told her. Surprisingly, Guardina didn't comment to her, and is usually much more talkitive.

OliveBranched
05-22-2013, 05:15 AM
"Huh. Well, then I guess we'll have to find the classrooms together then, won't we?" Isobel grinned and stuck out her hand. "I'm Isobel, by the way. Isobel James."

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 05:25 AM
"Christina Markowski." she shook Isobel's hand and returned a sly smirk. "And where should we start looking?" she questioned. She rubbed her eye. "After all, we've got 2 hours to kill."

OliveBranched
05-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Isobel thought for a second. She honestly didn't have a clue as to where to start looking for the other classrooms. She chewed her bottom lip in thought.

"Umm, how about we check the other wing? Maybe if fire and air are in this wing, then earth and water would be in the other."

Good reasoning. Thalassa whispered to her. Isobel smiled, and jerked her head towards the opposite end of the hall.

"C'mon, let's start looking!"

Toon Yoshi
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
"Alright then." said Christina. She looked at her feet when she walked. She knew this'd probably be the longest morning she ever lived, but she was broadly interested in the search. She wondered what her teacher would be like. Would they be a show-off, or strict? Crazy, or one of those who droned on with endless speeches?

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Tatrina smiled and nodded, she heard voices of students in the hall trying to find their teachers. "Oh Daeyon is a fire elemental dragon. Ironically he is black though." Tatrina shrugged and Daey muttered in her mind Oh and how is that ironic? Tatrina rolled her eyes and continued speaking "Yes, three girls for this year. I'm nervous and excited at the same time." Tatrina looked at the pages of Scarlett, Raine, and Fiammetta. Three fire females were going to be a handful. Any human dragon fire duo was bound to be a handful in one way or another. Tatrina's sensitivity to emotions could be useful as long as her emotions weren't overloaded.

Each of the profiles of the students had also added in some useful information, a little bit of their background that the brothers had gleaned. Tatrina could already feel the emotions mixed into the air from all the new term excitement and nervousness. She pressed a palm into her stomach and took a deep breath. Tat, calm down. It will all be ok. "I, excuse me. I'll be right back." Leaving Tatrina's files on the table she hurried to the bathroom in time to throw up her meager breakfast she grabbed before leaving her room. Leaning up against sink counter she washed her mouth out and looked in the mirror. "At least I don't look any worse for the wear..." Daeyon growled in her mind, Tat you have to calm down. It will all be fine. Tatrina nodded and drank some water.

Tatrina returned to the room and sat down at the desk and pulled a water bottle out of her bag with a mug and a cloth. She pulled out a small bag of camomile tea and poured water in the mug. She placed her gloved hand and held a small floating disc of flame right below the mug, holding the mug in her other hand. When the water began to steam she placed the mug on the cloth so she wouldn't burn the table. "Sorry, I've just been a little nervous and tea helps me calm down." She smiled up at Mathieu.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
OOC : FLOODERS! Recap please?

IC :Thalia yawned, stretching. The school year started this afternoon, and she wanted to get some flying in before then. She knew Antarix was probably already up, even though it was still dark, so she slid out of bed and quickly got in her riding clothes. She'd go to the Peak first, meet up with some of her friends while their dragons frolicked, maybe do a little hunting. She sighed as she pushed open the corridor to the dragon-half of her house and -

"REEEEOWMMM!"

She flew backwards, a great big black dragon perched on top of her, licking her face. She laughed. "All right, all right! I'm happy to see you too." Antarix let out something akin to a cat's purr and nuzzled her one more time before galloping towards the door. "I'll be right there," she called, slinging her pack over her shoulder.

커비
05-22-2013, 07:20 PM
If Eric could remember his countries right, the girl had a Japanese name. Huh. "Alright. Rin it is." He turned away from a brief second to stride purposefully into the pen. "Here we are. I don't know where your Lulu could be, but it can't be too hard to find her if you have that mental connection thing with her." He closed his eyes to see if Delven was awake. He wasn't, so he didn't bother to go look for him. There wasn't much to do with a sleeping dragon.

Rin entered the pen with Eric. She looked left and right and all around to look for Lulu. Yet she still could not find her. Realizing that both of them could maybe communicate with their mind, she closed her eyes. She was able to sense a faint aura towards the back of the pen. Instantly after sensing Lulu's presence, Rin hurriedly ran to the rear of the pen. She leaned over the fence and her eyes moved at a lightning speed as she searched for Lulu. Then she saw Lulu. She saw her shiny white dragon curled up in a ball against the corner of the pen. Tears began to stream down her cheeks once more, but this time in joy. Rin wanted to yell out for her dragon, but she knew best that now that she knows where her dragon lies, she can rest easy. She stood upright and wiped her tears. She let out a big smile and began to walk back towards where Eric stood.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Scarlett stood from Blaze's side and pushed open his door. She waved a good bye to him and began towards the classroom. "Ready for another year?" Blaze asked her as she walked. "Heh, am I ever?" "Just don't set yourself on fire this time..." "That was your fault!" "wasn't." "Was." they both then fell silent. Scarlett wondered what newbies would be in her class this year. It was always difficult watching them struggle, but she knew she was in their place once. Only two more years and she would graduate, then be able to do as she liked. She and Blaze intended to head her fathers army once they graduated. They always had a good time thinking about what a brilliant team they would be, raining fire down on their adversaries.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 08:16 PM
OOC: Correction - Antarix is only knee-high. Sorry. :3

IC: Thalia patted Antarix on the head and slung her pack full of books on her shoulder. Lately they had been using the Ferry to get to the Peak, but when she noticed how late she slept in, she realized she wouldn't have time to go today. "Sorry, Rix," she mumbled as her dragon whined in protest and pointed his nose towards the Ferry. She wasn't sure how to telepathically communicate with him yet, but his gestures were pretty clear.

As they came closer to to Academy, Thalia knelt and pulled something out of her pack. "Look, buddy, this is only temporary, okay?" she said reassuringly as she patted her knees. Antarix eyed the harness, sniffed it, then sat, ears drooped in submission. "Good boy," Thalia whispered, leading him inside. She had no clue where the pens were - she'd have to ask. She looked around, brows knitted in confusion. She was used to homeschooling.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 08:33 PM
As Scarlett neared the classrooms, the main doors opened. Two Brothers stepped out. Scarlett stepped to the side, not wanting to get on their bad side so early in the year. She caught the door behind them, then yelled back, "Have a nice day gentlemen!" "You really shouldn't taunt them." Blaze cautioned. "I'm not too worried. What're they going to do? Throw us out?" She asked. Classes were about to start, so she made her way down the familiar corridors to the fire classroom.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Thalia noticed the two cloaked men and a teenage girl's semi-sarcastic greeting. She edged closer. "Excuse me?" she asked, hoping the girl wouldn't be one of the bullies.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 09:23 PM
As she was about to head in, a small voice caught her attention. "Excuse me?" Scarlett Turned around to see a dark haired girl. She smiled warmly, not recognizing her. "You must be new here. You lost?" She asked, giving the girl a quick once over. She seemed a little nervous, but that was understandable. Everyone was nervous their first time at Hawthorne.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 09:26 PM
"Umm... yeah." Thalia blushed. She hated being wrong, lost, helpless - anything like that. But at least the girl seemed nice. "I, um, I need to know where the -" she threw a quick glance down at Antarix. "-the P-E-N-S are," she said, lowering her voice and spelling it out as Antarix pretended to stalk a rock.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Scarlett watched the little dragon while the girl stammered out what she needed. "The pens? Oh, They're just over there." She said, jerking her thumb in the direction she had come. "Just put the little one in any open room. What classroom are you headed too?" she asked, willing to walk her there.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 09:34 PM
At the word 'pens,' Antarix jerked his head up and made a whining noise, giving Thalia hatchling face. Thalia gave him a sympathetic nod. "Thanks!" she said. "I'm going to Air. You?"

raven1200
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
"Fire. They're right next to each other though. I could show you the way, if you want." She suggested. Remembering her first day at Hawthorne. She was absolutely terrified about getting lost, and not being able to find anyone willing to help her. She then remembered who the air teacher was. She chuckled lightly to herself, this girl would do just fine.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 09:44 PM
"Sure! Lemme go put him away first," she said quickly, jogging off toward the pens. She chose one near the middle, giving the little black and blue dragon a scratch behind the ears before returning to her new friend. "Alright, let's go."

raven1200
05-22-2013, 09:52 PM
"You are really lucky, you know? You've got Mr. Avelin to teach you. He's really patient and nice. He's a cool guy, really good with newbies..." She said trailing off for a minute, wondering what to say next. "So, first day, huh? Excited? Nervous?" She asked wondering just how willing this girl was to open up.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Thalia cocked her head. "Really? That's awesome!" She hesitated a moment. "More excited, really. I don't really... get nervous, per say. My uncle always told me I had the stature of a leader." She shrugged. "I guess he was right in some ways. I'm Thalia, by the way. You are?"

커비
05-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Rin headed out of the pen. She looked at the sky with a smile. Now that she knew where Lulu was, all her concerns disappeared. Except now she didn't know where her class was. She began to curiously walk around the school in hoping that her class would magically appear.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:11 PM
"Scarlett." She answered. "Been here for six years. The brothers came and got me when I was eleven." She told her, leaving out the arranged marriage part. Knowing she was a princess always made people treat her differently. "Making friends are we?" Blaze asked. "you should try it sometime." she said back. She could feel his amusement and she tried to suppress the laugh the was bubbling up in her chest. She didn't want the girl to think she was laughing at her.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 10:12 PM
(hehe sorry got bored :3 )

Thalia blinked. "Wow. Sounds like quite a tale... almost out of a storybook, eh?" she nudged playfully. "Mine's not that dramatic." She shrugged.

커비
05-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Rin wandered through the school in search of her classroom. She was lost once more as she was not too long ago. "Ah... Just where is this fire classroom? Schools are too confusing..." She said with a whine.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:18 PM
"Well, here's the air class." she said, pointing to a white door. She looked back at the girl, and noticed she had picked up another straggler. She sighed lightly, how did she end up the tour guide? She shrugged and turned to the other girl, "Where are you going?" She asked her, hoping it was another air student.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Thalia smiled. "Thanks, Scarlett! I'll see you later." She hoisted her backpack higher, took a deep breath, and walked in.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
She watched the girl enter and shook her head, "Good luck kiddo." She whispered, as she turned back to the other girl. "So? Where you headed?" she asked.

커비
05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
She turned towards the voice. As she turned around, her hair covered her face. "M-Me?" She asked as she pointed to herself. "Um... I believe I'm going to the fire classroom... I think. Right? Um... My Lulu is a fire dragon, I think. She does breathe fire when she sleeps." She responded so anxiously and nervously.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Scarlett held back a sigh. Great a stuttering, stammering fire student. "Yah, you'd be going to the fire room. Follow me, I'm headed there too." she said, walking down the hall. "They separate us fires from the rest. We're too unpredictable, or so they say." she said, making conversation. who know's maybe this kid will end up being really talented...

커비
05-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Rin nodded as she began to follow Scarlett and the other student. She let out a sigh of relief as she found someone who was also going to the fire classroom. "Thank you." She said with a gentle smile.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:32 PM
"No problem. Your first day here too?" She asked the girl, even though that much was obvious.

커비
05-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Rin nodded at Scarlett's question. "Yes, I'm new here. Ah... I'm Kagemaru Rin. But you may just call me Rin." She said with a soothing voice.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:40 PM
"Scarlett. I hope your ready, fire classes aren't anything like the other three. You have to have complete control, mind and body. We are drilled harder than anyone else because of our element. Most people see fire as an impulsive and destructive force. Not many can appreciate it's true potential." She told Rin. She figured she had better prepare the girl now, while she could. "The teachers will lie about it, say people view all elements equally, but that's not even close to being true. Everyone loves water. People see water as life, most are indifferent towards air and earth, but they do see them as good things. People always keep a wary eye on fire though, they are convinced we'll start burning villages as soon as their back is turned." She said, her anger rising slightly.

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
((Don't flood, you guys! I can barely keep up!))

Well, the girl Rin had found her dragon and left. Eric shrugged and turned to pick up Delven. He had sensed that the hatchling had woken up a few moments ago.
Sure enough, Delven bounded to the edge of his pen as soon as his human was spotted. A soft cry that sounded somewhat like the rustling of trees when a breeze flew past emitted from his throat. Eric reached over and opened the gate, content when the wingless dragon scrambled to his side. "Come on. We gotta find the teach," he muttered. The two of them left the pens to search for the classrooms, or more specifically, the one for earth elementals.

Mathieu's brow furrowed with worry, but he didn't make a move to stop Tatrina from leaving so suddenly. "Do you think she's alright, Siaka?" he murmured under his breath.
"That, I cannot tell you. I am just as concerned as you are. But I'm sure she knows how to handle herself. The academy is not likely to choose people who are weak-minded." A small amount of warmth was felt from Siaka, as if she was wrapping her body around Mathieu at that very moment. The feeling faded sooner than he would have liked.
He found that she broke their connection of feeling because she sensed the fire teacher's return. He raised his eyebrows as he watched her heat her tea with her own magic, mildly impressed. She knew how to control her flame well. "I'm fine with that. It's okay to be nervous, being a new teacher still and everything..."
It was then he finally noticed that a student had entered the room. "Oh, pardon me..." Mathieu leaned over to hastily stuff the portfolios away. The drawer by his feet closed with a muted thump.
"Miss Tatrina, it's about time for classes to begin. Most teachers will choose offices with color-coded doors similar to their element, so I'd suggest looking for your students near the rooms with red," he told the young woman as politely as possible on such short notice. Then he turned his attention to the girl by the door. "I suppose you must be Thalia Monaklyn. I'm Mathieu Avelin, but you only need to call me by my first name." He smiled sheepishly.

OliveBranched
05-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Isobel wandered through the halls of the school with Christina, trading random commentary on the school, and other mundane topics. They finally made it to the other wing of the school, that had, she hoped, the earth and water classrooms. Isobel turned to look at Christina.

"So, do you know your teacher or are you as in the dark as I am?"

raven1200
05-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Scarlett walked to the room with the bright red door. She entered and took a seat on one of the stone benches. Most everything in the room was stone. There usually wasn't anything wood, just in case. It got expensive trying to constantly replace tables and chairs. She wondered where their instructor was, classes were about to start. She decided to warm up a bit. She started small flames in the palms of her hands and sent sparks with a few snaps. She continued to practice while she waited.

커비
05-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Rin entered the room after Scarlett. All that was in her mind now was the fact that fire class was considered the worst of the four. She wondered if there was a good side of being a fire. Not knowing anyone but Scarlett, she approached Scarlett. "May i sit here?" She asked.

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Tatrina quickly thanked Mathieu and gathered her paperwork and slipped them into their folder and placed them inside of her bag. She stood up and exited the room in order to find her own classroom. Walking down the hallway she saw several girls standing entering a red door and straightening her shoulders she walked with confidence. Daey murmured, Atta girl. You know how to control your fire. Now teach these girls. Tatrina smiled and sipped her tea as she entered the classroom.

The classroom was specially prepared for those wielding the element of fire. It had to be or else things could heat up quickly, literally. Tatrina noticed one of her students that she had before, Scarlett, playing with her flame. Tatrina smiled and put her book bag on the stone desk at the front of the room. "Good morning!" She placed her tea down on the desk and surveyed the room.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Scarlett nodded to Rin, then looked up. "Morning." She said, looking up. She noticed the tea, and smelled Chamomile. "She's been upset again." She commented to Blaze. "It's a new year, she's probably anxious." he said. She shrugged, but agreed. She leaned back on the bench, waiting for the welcome speech she knew was sure to come.

커비
05-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Rin smiled and sat next to Scarlett. She laid down her bag next to her chair. She glanced at the teacher who was drinking her tea. She waited for her lesson to begin.

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 11:17 PM
(Would it be alright if the Air element could control lightning?)

Thalia gave a small smile and nodded. "Yessir, I am she." She approached one of the tables and set her bag down, sliding into the wooden chair. She ran her finger in a small circle, and a few sparks popped from the wood.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 11:30 PM
(Sure! Go for it!)

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 11:31 PM
( OOC : Not sure if we should wait for Rayne? If Rayne can't join us I'll assume she is there if that's a safe bet.)

Tatrina stood up and cleared her throat. "I want to first of all welcome you to this school. I'm glad to see new faces and I welcome you especially. I know we are a small class which means that you will be getting a lot of my attention." Tatrina walked in front of her desk and leaned against it. " My name is Tatrina but I expect you to call me miss Tatrina or teacher. We will get to know each other well throughout this next term and as you learn your boundaries I expect you to push against them and learn and grow. I'll expect nothing less."

Tatrina smiled and spoke, "Now, in this class we are learning to control not just our power but our emotions and our bodies. We spark fire through our bodies, but our emotions feed the flames. If we can't control our emotions, which is one of the biggest concerns that everyone has about us, we won't be able to control our talents and threaten those around us." Tatrina held up her gloved hand and a flame lit above it. "Now, notice that the glove does not burn. The flame will not catch the glove on fire because I'm controlling it. This is one of the tests you will be given eventually. We are obviously in a stone room because it will not burn."

Light was streaming into the classroom and lanterns on the wall were lit with fire casting it's yellow hue on the room. On Tatrina's desk were laid out body suits. "First comes first, I have fire proof body suits ready for you to wear in order to not burn your clothing, or if you do you aren't left without any at all. This is my gift to you. This is a precious gift that is hard to find. Once you come and get your suits tell me your name and your dragons name, years that you've been attending, and what you know about fire."

Wobbles
05-22-2013, 11:32 PM
(YAY! thanks :) GoldenMyth we aren't flooding anymore.... and I'm bored... :) )

커비
05-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Rin paid close attention to the teacher and listened every word that came out of the teacher's mouth. She rose from her seat as the teacher instructed the students to. She grabbed one of the fireproof suits and walked towards the teacher. "My name is Kagemaru Rin. This is my first year here. My dragon's name is Lulu. The only thing I know about fire is that I've only seen my dragon be able to breathe it. I wonder if i am able to learn to control fire. But I will work hard to find that out. Nice to meet you." She said with a gentle grin.

raven1200
05-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Scarlett rolled her eyes. She hated the suits, she felt like the best way to control your ability was to know when you've gone too far, and sometimes that meant getting burned. She walked up and grabbed her suit. "Scarlett and Blaze, six years, and I know quite a bit." She said, then went back to sit down.

GoldenMyth
05-22-2013, 11:44 PM
(Sorry. I'm having computer problems, that's all.)

"Careful with that." Mathieu clasped his hands on his desk and smiled. "Lightning sometimes catches the wood on fire. When I got these desks I had to pay for them myself. Only recently Hawthorne began to buy supplies for the teachers."
"Don't bore the child with your stories, old man."
"Old? I'm barely even past my prime!"
Shutting out whatever retort Siaka was going to make, Mathieu decided to just get things started since he had no one else to wait for. "From what I've been informed, you're the only student I have for now. Others may appear later in time. So, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself and your dragon? The information I have isn't very much," he said.

Ludypoof379
05-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Tatrina looked at Scarlett out of the corner of her eyes for a brief moment. She remembered when the girl had expressed her sentiment of the suits and she guessed that the girl would eventually get herself burned a little too much one day. "Now, I know it's an unusual thought that meditation is one of the best ways to control one's emotions but it's been taught through the years when I attended here and even way before my time to focus the emotions and control them is a way to evaluate yourself and become self aware."

Tatrina walked to the window and looked at the bright sun before turning back around to walk in front of her pupils. "Our emotions fuel our fires. We must be aware of them so that once we are upset we can more easily control our emotions. Fire is an element that can cause great destruction but never forget it was fire that moved man out of the stone age. Metal is tamed and refined by the flame and most of our food is cooked by fire. Fire protects just as burns and harms. In this the balance is required. Patience is a virtue. Spend a few minutes writing about your feelings. You will get as much out of this as you put into it, waste my time and your talent will be wasted."

Tatrina walked behind her desk and sat down to drink some tea and do some writing of her own.

커비
05-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Rin carefully put on her fireproof suit. The suit wasn't very comfortable, but Rin soon got used to it. Rin took out a piece of lined paper from her bag and began to do her assignment. She wrote her name is Japanese. She twirled her pencil a couple times to get her mind into process. Soon enough, she began to write her feelings. As much as she was a fire elemental, all her feelings were positive thoughts, except for her feelings towards her aunt. Rin didn't wish that her aunt would just burn and turn to ashes, but she just hoped that her aunt would find some sanity within her soul and become nice.

raven1200
05-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Scarlett sighed, and pulled out her writing things. "Don't be so negative." Blaze chided. "I will if I like. We wont learn how to control fire by writing about our feelings." "Perhaps you will. Why not try?" She grumbled under her breath, but began writing all the things she assumed their teacher wanted to hear. things like "Fire is dangerous and must be controlled." or "If we can't control ourselves, we wont be able to control our flames and someone could get seriously hurt." She continued on until she ran out of things to say. She then began doodling little pictures of flames in the margins, just to make it look like she was working.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Thalia jerked her finger away from the wood and smiled sheepishly. "Yeah... I burned down a building once," she remarked casually. Then she realized how bad that sounded. "On accident, of course! My, um, lightning got away from me. Anyway... me? There isn't that much to tell. I'm not very special." she shrugged and reluctantly shared her story, carefully omitting some of her more protected secrets. "Antarix is a little older than the other dragons. He's up to here," she said, hovering her hand palm-down in the air at about knee-height.

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 12:29 AM
Tatrina finished writing her sentence and looked at her pupils. "Because it's the first day of the term you are dismissed for now. Later look at what you wrote on your paper and think about it. Is this what you define as yourself? I want you to keep a journal this term of your feelings. If you would like to work with me and my dragon then we'll head to the stone arena. Otherwise remember not to practice your flame outside of the specified areas. The arena is where you can practice with your dragons. They are protected by magic to prevent the flames from escaping, use them at your own risk. " Tatrina stood up and looked at each one of her students. "I'm pleased that each one of you are in this with me. I'm depending on you to make this a good year." Tatrina lightly bowed before finishing off the rest of her tea and began to gather her things.

커비
05-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Rin finished writing and folded the paper neatly and put it between her journal/doodle book. "Understood, Miss Tatrina." She said with a smile as she zipped her bag and stood up. She exited the room and headed towards the outside. She steadily walked back towards the pen where Lulu continued to sleep. She entered the pen and walked towards the end of the pen. Rin leaned over against the fence and smiled at the sight of her shining white dragon. "Lulu..." She whispered. Lulu's ear twitched and Lulu slowly opened her eyes. Realizing Rin's presence, Lulu immediately jolted up from her laying position into Rin's arms. She purred. Rin giggled and gave Lulu a big hug. "I've missed you buddy!" She exclaimed with much joy.

raven1200
05-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Scarlett hurriedly scooped up her things and went outside. She took the shortcut to the Arena, and found Blaze warming his bright red scales in the afternoon sunlight. She dropped her stuff in his room then ran outside to meet him. He leaped up quickly when he saw her and shook the dirt off. She jogged lightly over to him and hugged his neck. He made a soft humming noise in the back of his throat and said "I'm glad to see you again." "Let's get flying." Scarlett suggested. He roared loudly in approval and she quickly grabbed his thin saddle from his room. She settled it on his back and strapped herself in. They took off and flew high and fast into the blue sky. They went around and around, firing off from all angles, dipping and weaving; using all the combative moves they could. They were both laughing and having a fantastic time, working together as a unified being.

GoldenMyth
05-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Mathieu clicked his tongue and tapped a pen that he had in his hand over his bottom lip. "Then next time we see each other, I think it would be a good idea to see just what you can do with your element. Beginners find air a typically easy element to use, but it can be one of the most destructive of all four that are known. Wind plays a key role in our life, but not many people acknowledge the fact." He sighed softly. Wind was relied on as a major source of energy in the world, it was key for most travel methods, it brought upon vicious tornadoes and hurricanes to countries all over the world, and a few disasters that were of different elements could sometimes be powered by strong winds.
"Today is a short class, because it's the first day and everything. You may leave now. Explore the academy, make new friends, you're free for the rest of the day." Mathieu then winked with a tiny smirk. "Tomorrow we'll meet outside in the field where there is a single tree in the middle of it. I expect you to bring your dragon along with you for training," he finished calmly.

커비
05-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Rin wandered around about in the academy. She entered one of the training arenas. She awed at the size of the arena. She saw several students and teachers training with their dragons. She sat down on one of the benches and observed them in hope of learning something by watching them.

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Tatrina left the building after the students and went to the pens to meet with Daeyon.

Finally, Daeyon growled, and Tatrina laughed as she let her good friend out of his pen. Although he could have freed himself again and again he obeyed the rules of the academy. Walking together towards the stone area they bantered back and forth.

And you really thought it was going to be that bad. Tatrina responded, " Very funny Daey, give a girl a break." Daeyon chuckled and lazily swung his tail as they walked. You never know, at least you have one familiar face to deal with. Tatrina muttered, "I'm worried about that girl. I could tell by her body language she didn't want to be there." Daey rolled his eyes, She will do as she likes. Her dragon has a sensible head though. We'll just have to keep an eye on her. Tatrina smiled, "As long as I have you by my side, everything will be alright. Let's see if any of the students decided to go to the arena. I was hoping that Rin might." Daeyon snorted and nodded.

커비
05-23-2013, 01:23 AM
As Rin continued to watch the trainees, she began to doze off. Her head leaned back and hang from her neck. She slept quietly unaware of her surroundings. Unconsciously and for the first time, she began to create small forms of sparks and smokes as she slept.

raven1200
05-23-2013, 01:26 AM
After a fair amount of time, the two came in for a landing. Blaze hit the ground hard, which nearly shook Scarlett right out of her seat. "Easy on the landing!" she complained. "Stop leaning too far forward on the decent, that makes it too hard to pull up properly." "I wasn't leaning forward too far!" "Was." "Wasn't" Scarlett shook her head and unstrapped herself. She slid off him and stretched her tensed up muscles. "She wants us to keep a journal, about our feelings." She complained as they began to pack up. "Did you complain about the suits again?" "Not openly. She knew how I felt though." "If you weren't so stubborn, maybe the two of you wouldn't bump heads so often." "Maybe if we learned more and felt less we could work better." "You have to give in order to receive." Scarlett grumbled quietly. She knew he was right, but he didn't want to admit it.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Thalia gave a wide grin. "Thank you, Mathieu! See you tomorrow," she said as she picked up her bag and exited the room. With a happy sigh, she broke into a skip-jog and headed towards the pens. She dumped her stuff on the bench and crept up to the pens. "Rix?" she whispered. A familiar blue and black head popped up, grinning with the gums. "Hey, buddy, let's go for a walk, yeah?" Antarix jumped up and butted his head against the door, whining. In the back of her head, Thalia heard a voice. Excited, and filled with eagerness. Finally! Where have you been?? Thalia took her hand off the door. "Did you... just... talk to me?" Um. I don't know. Did I? Thalia raised her eyebrows. "Yeah, you did." She open the door and knelt, giving the little black dragon a hug with a joyful giggle. "I'm so proud of you!"

커비
05-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Rin wakes up realizing that she had dozed off. "Ah... I fell asleep..." She said her breath released several sparks. "W-What the...". As she breathed out, a stream of smoke followed out of her nose and gentle sparks came out of her mouth. She looked around if anyone was watching, but as far as knew, no one was watching her. She breathed out heavily but by then, the smokes and the sparks were no longer coming out. She scratched her head in confusion thinking that she was just imaging things.

raven1200
05-23-2013, 01:44 AM
Scarlett went to grab her things and put away the saddle. As she did, she noticed the girl she walked to the air room. "What was her name again?" she asked Blaze. "Thalia." "Right, thanks." "Hey! Thalia! You get out early too? How was your first day?" She asked, grabbing her things from Blaze's room, which ended up right next to her dragons.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Thalia looked up, her eyes bright, as she scratched Antarix's chin, who was purring happily. "Yeah! It was good. A little odd, telling my story, but.... it was good! How about you?" She stood.

커비
05-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Confused, Rin picked up her bag and stood up. She continued to explore the academy. As she walked by she saw Scarlett. She wanted to wave at her, but instead, she was afraid Scarlett did not like her very much. Although Scarlett might like Rin, Rin just had a pit in her stomach telling other wise. Quietly, she walked by the two conversing students and headed for the pen to see Lulu once more.

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Tatrina and Daeyon walked into the empty stone arena marked off for teacher student use and Daeyon jumped into the air roaring with delight. Tatrina laughed and sat down as she watched her dragon play in the sun. She created a small flame above both her hands and began to juggle them, one after the other, in the air above her hands. She kept creating small flames til she held a circle of flames in her hands. With a snap the circle vanished and she took off her suit from over her training fire suit and laid them in the grass outside the arena.

Instead of traditionally seeing a dragon and rider fight together instead they began to mock battle after Tatrina stretched out. They had not mock fought since she had fought for her father. Daeyon snapped and snarled as Tatrina's green eyes flashed. They began a dangerous fast paced dance in which they were dangerously close to each other. In battle there are times where the dragon and rider are as one, but there are other times where one must know how to fight a dragon alone, or vice versa.

raven1200
05-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Scarlett shrugged. "No different from any other first day I guess. I never really liked class, i prefer to work on my own mostly." Just then, Blaze came in. He was a large dragon, about half full grown. Scarlett came up to only his shoulder, making him eight feet tall, at his highest point. He looked down at the little dragon, appraising him. "Well? What do you think?" Scarlett asked. "Withhold judgement... for now." He said and moved into his room. She shook her head and chuckled at him, he was so serious when it came to newbies.

커비
05-23-2013, 02:07 AM
Rin entered the pen where Lulu was munching away on her lunch. She smiled as she was happy that Lulu was safe and sound here. Not too long ago, Rin's aunt had told that the dragon cannot stay, and at the moment, Rin thought it was the last time they would be seeing each other. But now here they were. The two friends together once more. Rin overheard several people talking about being able to communicate with their dragon using their mind. Rin wondered if that was really possible. She closed her eyes and began to speak to Lulu through her thoughts, Lulu...?. There was a moment of silence before Lulu lifted her head from her bowl and tilted her head towards Rin. Rin purred. Hello ... Rin... It's good to see you again... Rin gasped in surprised and began to converse with the dragon without having others overhear their chat.

Toon Yoshi
05-23-2013, 02:50 AM
"Nyeh, I think it was 'Danus Agerfields' I honestly can't remember." She looked at the doors, a frenzy of colors. "I am so late." She smirked. 'I might get in trouble.' she thought.

~

OliveBranched
05-23-2013, 03:19 AM
"Interesting name." Isobel smirked. She looked down the hallway and saw a dark brown door. She tapped Christina on the shoulder and jerked her head towards it. "I'd be willing to bet you that brown door's your classroom." She glanced at the bright blue door a little further down the hall. "And I'd bet that blue one's mine." Isobel started towards the doors, then stopped and turned back.

"See you later?"

Toon Yoshi
05-23-2013, 03:30 AM
"Sure." she assured her. 'You're gonna get it.' said Guardina. 'Yeah, but what's the worst he'd do, rap my knuckles with a meterstick?' she laughed at the thought as she pushed open the door.

OliveBranched
05-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Isobel smiled warmly at the girl, before heading for her own classroom. She hesitated when she reached the door. What if she really was an awful student? What if the teacher ended up hating her? What if her classmates hated her? What if her family was right, and she really wasn't good enough?

She staggered backwards, and placed a steadying hand on the wall beside the door as these thoughts began to overwhelm her. No... She thought. Not now.

Isobel. Thalassa's calm tones washed through her mind. Calm down. It's all right, you're going to be fine. If the people in there have half a decent brain, they will love you almost as much as I do. Isobel smiled, and eased away from the wall.

Thanks, Thal. She thought back, sending her gratitude through the link. I'll do my best in there.

I know you will. Thalassa whispered before severing the link. Isobel took a deep breath, and pushed open the door.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 03:48 AM
Thalia smiled up at the large dragon, fearless. "Hello there," she said in a kind voice. She turned to Scarlett. "I was going to go on a little hunt. You know, just for fun and practice, get some air.... wanna come?"

GoldenMyth
05-23-2013, 04:03 AM
"...I think I missed my first class!" Eric cursed, not caring if anyone heard him. "Well... might as well look around the place."
Delven's voice cut into his mind in a timid tone. "Y-You're going to get lost..."
The ex-delinquent glared down at the hatchling prancing beside his legs. "You don't know that," he protested, not wanting to admit that he got lost often. Delven barely knew him, it must've been a coincidence!
"Not really."
Eric's jaw fell. "I didn't say that!"
Delven closed his eyes and smiled. "You don't have to. Honestly, your mind is an open book."
Irritated, he turned away and went off in a random direction. The little dragon let out a squeak of surprise before he caught up again. If they were going to get lost, so be it. It wasn't like they had anything to do anyways.

cUt3w0lfb4be
05-23-2013, 04:09 AM
(Jeez I'm gone one day and there's already ten pages? Anyone want to help me catch up?)
Raine walked into the Academy with Vaho perched on her her shoulder. Jeez... I'm so late... Raine thought with as sigh as she walked through the halls, trying to find some one to help her out. I hate being so damn poor... Taking three cheap trains to get here is a complete bother. Raine though with a growl before looking at Vaho. "Why can't you be big enough to ride yet?" Raine complained to the little black dragon. All Vaho do was shrug before laying down on her shoulder and wrapping his tail around her neck. Don't ask me... I would rather be big and intimidating too. And please refine from using me as your own personal transport. Vaho's thoughts said in Raine's head. She rolled her eyes, dismissing the dragons comment. "You're a dragon. Why not use you to get places faster. It's not like I have tons of money." Raine said, walking down yet another corridor. "Jeez! How big is this school anyways!!" Raine yelled suddenly, extremely frustrated that she hadn't found anyone yet. She stopped in her tracks, finding herself completely lost. You should have paid more attention to where we were going. There was probably a student or teacher lounge back near the entrance. Vaho suggested. "Then why didn't you tell me when we were back there?" Raine asked with a huff. You didn't ask... Raine sighed, going over to one of the walls and sitting down on the floor. "Great... Now what?" Raine said before deciding to just rest for a while before continuing her search.

GoldenMyth
05-23-2013, 05:17 AM
Mathieu sighed and slumped in his chair. "Good grief, I think I frightened the poor girl." He ran his hand through his hair, ruffling it up just a bit. Unconsciously he smoothed it back down right afterward.
He conversed silently with his dragon as he left the room to let Siaka out of her pen. "It isn't your fault. You wanted to know a little about your student, and she told you her life story. Some of it, at least. It was her own choice to tell you that much about herself."
"I suppose you're right. But I'm still worried."
"When are you not?"
Siaka was, without a doubt, brutally honest all the time. Mathieu shook his head and smiled. Then again, that was why she was so precious to him.

skyline339
05-23-2013, 08:16 AM
The journey was long and hard for the pair, but finally after much frustration they had made it, hopefully not too late. It felt a little weird going to this place, it was so nice and well her life being not as pleasant. Fiammetta had no idea where to go or what to do, and as such began to explore the grounds and the building where she'd be staying at. "Teovanth." She called out to her companion "Wait for me, I want to see what's going on and maybe find someone else."

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Jasen looked down at the Academy and patted Equinox's flank. "Here we are, back for the eighth year of torture, eh?" The dragon gave a little snort. You know as well as anyone that you'd be dead hundreds of times over if it weren't for the Academy. Jasen's brow deepened. "That's not true," he protested weakly.

m139
05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Danus Agerfield got up and walked towards his classroom. He sensed someone had just walked into it, or so the ground told him. One student in the room, one other wandering the school. Didn't matter too much though, after all both were old timers. Although both were slightly volatile. Ehh... He'd deal again this year. But, he had to remember to start training the 2nd yearer to ride. He always started riding later than the other teachers. It allowed more time for the dragon, and hopefully the kid, to mature. He walked into the classroom, and mumbled a good morning to the one student currently present.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Equinox laughed mentally. You will do fine, don't worry. "I KNOW I will!" Jasen yelled over the wind as they came in for a landing. He leaned forward as Equinox flared, dragon and rider working as one. The ground shook as her talon hit the earth. Jasen dismounted, unlatched the saddle and gave Equinox a friendly scratch. "You know where to go." As Equinox fluttered towards the pens, Jasen breathed a full-cheeked sigh and headed to the Earth classroom. As he did, he looked around. Golly, everyone's a newbie, he thought as he pushed through the door and sat.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
This is Jasen, or the link to him anyway. :) Why don't the spoilers ever work...?

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44042&page=13&p=1477598#post1477598

m139
05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Danus Agerfield looked up as Jasen entered the room. Both of them were now present. Both of them had been late. But it wasn't as if he hadn't been expecting it. They had had a habit of it since he first took this position as teacher. He nodded in recognition of Jasen as he mentally discussed what to do with Terus. Finally he decided what to say "Hello class. You two are the only registered members for Earth as of now. As neither of you are new, if you have any questions ask them, if not, you may leave. Classes for tomorrow will begin in the pens, meet at the front. Be there at 9 AM." There. He looked up at his two students, not really expecting them to say anything. He'd given his beginning of the year speech. Thankfully they were both old students, and he didn't have to say anything more.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Jasen gave the teacher a grin and a nod. This was the single teacher who actually understood him - in comparison with any of the others. "Sorry I was late, teach," he said on his way out. "Won't happen again."

커비
05-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Rin hugged Lulu good bye. I'll see you later buddy! She placed Lulu back in her pen and walked back outside. She headed for a bench under the shade of a tree. She sat down and took out her journal pad and her pencil. As she did, she began to doodle what was on her mind. Rin wasn't the best artist, but she sure had a great imagination.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Thalia noticed Raine walk by, and trotted to catch up to her with Antarix at her heels. "Hiya," she said, smiling. "I'm Thalia. You're new as well, aren't you?" She extended her hand, her blue eyes sparkling.

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 08:25 PM
After a fierce mock battle Tatrina stood breathing heavily with her hands on her knees. Daeyon laid down and let out a stream of smoke. You, child, exhaust me. After being hatched for 15 years I never expected to be beat by a human. Tatrina began to laugh and brushed back her hair which had fallen out of her bun. Head to toe dressed in her black body suit she matched her dragon with untamed wild hair. "Daey I definitely needed that work out." Oh I'll definitely be sleeping well tonight. Using fire to boost yourself away from me was a clever trick. Tatrina laughed "I've actually seen that trick from a few of the fire students practicing on their own when you were sleeping in the pens." Daeyon glared at her and stood up. Come human, I want to swim in the lake. Tatrina laughed as she straightened to pick up her clothes.

Daeyon and Tatrina walked out of the arena to the lake that was nearby. Daeyon jumped into the lake and purred. Tatrina sat down in the grass and began to run her fingers through her hair before braiding it. She began to hum softly as she soaked in the sun.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Thalia jogged lightly, a gentle smile on her face. Antarix's small claws clicked on the cobblestones, the made a light rip-rip, rip-rip noise as they moved across the grass. She had heard there was a lake, and if they were lucky, no one would be there and she could start teaching Antarix how to fly. Not with a rider, of course - Thalia wasn't that heavy, but basics first. As she approached the edge, she noticed a splashing and her heart sank. Tatrina, the fire teacher, was there - Antarix wouldn't be able to concentrate. "Oh, well," she said aloud. We could always hang out and swim... Antarix suggested mentally.

Jasen noticed Christina and grinned. "Wanna go up for a flight sometime? I think my dragon's got a little dirt in her wings," he asked playfully. Hey! Equinox protested.

Toon Yoshi
05-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Christina nodded at the teacher and left the class. 'I forget about Jesen… Eh, it must've been the pressure.' She waited outside the door for Isobel, not keen on breaking a promise. Danus wasn't too bad last year, but predictable in a way. She was rather excited for the year. 'Don't get too excited, the year hasn't even started.' Guardina reminded her. 'I know, I just am naturally excited, you should know that.' she replied.

커비
05-23-2013, 08:36 PM
As Rin continued to draw, she saw Miss Tatrina and her dragon step out of the arena. "Oh... That's Miss Tatrina..." she said as she began to draw the teacher and her dragon playing by the lake. She smiled as her drawing of the two didn't look too shabby. A bead of sweat rolled down her forehead. It was getting hot since she's been sitting and drawing for a while. Nonetheless, Rin wanted to finish the drawing of her teacher before she can either take a shower or jump into the lake.

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Tatrina turned after hearing a sigh. She noticed Thalia and beckoned her over, "Hey, feel free to come on over. Daey just wanted a quick swim in the lake after practice. You look disappointed, what did you two want to do?" Daeyon crawled out of the lake and shook his body like a cat and Tatrina laughed as she got covered in water.

Daeyon purred as he saw the young girl and her dragon. Daeyon projected his voice beyond Tatrina's. The water is perfect dragonling. I bet you'll enjoy it even more than I. He took a moment to take in the dragonling and Tatrina smiled and spoke, "You are very beautiful, what is your name?"

Tatrina knew that some disregarded dragons as much as they disregarded their own. Students should be able to trust teachers, for at this school they only wanted to do good.

Keiwanis
05-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Naliek lazily made his way through the trees to the lake. It was a blaring hot day, and Silvy was kind enough to hold one of her wings over him, shading him from the burning sun over them. Since today was a short day, he wasn't required to join the classes. Instead he had taken his dragon Quicksilver, or 'Silvy' as he called her, for a relaxing ride above the clouds. They both decided that the lake sounded nice, so they had made their way off.

The International League dragon-racer had a bit of a hobble in his step. He was still recovering from some ripped tendons in his calf. It didn't effect his riding, no, Silvy and him were still as lightening fast as ever, but it was a good enough excuse for the strange hooded men to recruit him here, as a Teacher's aid. His official title was 'Combat and Competitive Riding assistant coach'. Basically he and Silvy were to help the different elemental teachers with their students in alternating sessions. It was a neat opportunity, and Naliek looked forward to it.

'You gonna make it, old timer?' Silvy teased, giving him a playful nudge with her tail.
He took his goggles off his head and ran a hand through his thick green hair. "Hey, you try taking a rock to the leg and then get back to me. I had no idea Camile could throw rocks that far."
Silvy nodded with a snort. 'Maybe you shouldn't upset Earth Dragons anymore.'
"It was a race! I was racing! I don't see you throwing rocks at dragons who pass us!"
'Now that you mention it, that's a good idea.'
Naliek laughed at the thought, pulling his goggles back over his head.

They emerged out of the trees on the lake. It looked like a couple people and a dragon had the same idea, just a little ways away.
"You feel like a bit of sunbathing Silv?" Naliek grinned, looking up at the metallic silver dragon above him.
'You have fun sunbathing, I'm going SWIMMING!'
Quicksilver leapt with a cheerful roar into the water, creating a huge radius splash around her point of impact. Naliek laughed and held up his hand to block the incoming water. A large splash hit him, so he swept a huge gush of air over him to dry him off.

Swift laid down on the grass and put his hands under his head. The sun beamed down on him and the warmth felt good. He closed his eyes. This was definitely going to be a good vacation from the pressure and competition of international racing.

커비
05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
As the roar from Silvy echoed around Rin, she turned her attention towards the racer and his dragon. She was in awe as the dragon was so majestic. Like herself, Rin had a feeling the racer and the dragon weren't from around here. Maybe they were both foreigners to this world. Maybe we can get along... I could use some friends... she thought.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Antarix grinned up at Daeyon and scampered over to him. I bet I can splash bigger than you, he boasted. Thalia heard and chuckled as he dove into the water. "Oh, I was just going to teach him some flying before tomorrow, but he can't concentrate with other people here." She shrugged. "'S'no big deal." She caught sight of Swift and his large dragon and her breath caught at sight of the beautiful creature. "Who's that?" she asked.

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Daeyon chuckled and and followed the little dragonling into the water.

Tatrina turned and looked at the dragon she was referring to and said, "Ah I believe that's the new teacher's aid and his dragon Quicksilver if I recall from the files I read." She looked at the beautiful silver creature and Daeyon murmured in Tat's mind, He's hide would get caught in battle first before mine. Tatrina laughed and said, "And Daeyon is a little jealous of his attention. Oh, and if you ever want help with flying I'm sure Daey wouldn't mind. He's a hothead but he cares for the dragonlings."

Tatrina was amused at the latest dragon showing off. They were prideful creatures after all. Tatrina was proud of her own dragon and he would always be hers. They were truly bonded for life.

Keiwanis
05-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Naliek was just dozing off when a large splash of water caught him again. He leapt up into a sitting position, spluttering and wide-eyed. In front of him, Silvy crouched with a grin on her face and wings tucked up on her back.
They stared at eachother in a moment of silent debate, and finally Quicksilver spoke.
'You know you want toooo,' she sang musically in his head.
Naliek sighed. "Fine! Fine! You win! Let's do it!"

He leapt up and mounted Silvy, pulling his goggles over his eyes. With another roar of joy, she turned and dove into the depths of the lake. The cold water hit Naliek like a wall, and he probably would have been thrown off if he wasn't leaning down over her metallic scales. Through his goggles he saw the various lake debris rush by, along with different kinds of fish and weeds. Silvy curved her descent and rose now, breaking the surface and flying majestically in a curved spiral across the lake. Immediately they hit the water again, and Naliek continued to keep a bubble of air surrounding him, giving him breath.
'We haven't done this in a long time!' he thought.
'That's why it feels so great!'
They broke the surface again in another spiral curve. This time they hung in the air long enough for Naliek to let out a cheer, along with Silvy's great roar.

They did a couple different maneuvers, looping in and out, twisting and turning, skimming the water with their hands. No adrenaline came up for Naliek, though. He was used to 100 time more straining circumstances. This was nothing, just a bit of play and bonding time with his best friend.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Thalia breath caught as she watched the racing duo. I want to fly like that someday, she thought. We will! a voice squeaked in her mind and she laughed. "Sure, that'd be great," she said to Tatrina with a smile.

raven1200
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Scarlett wandered out onto the field, Blaze following close behind her. "It's already a busy year." he commented, looking around at it all. "Who knows, maybe this'll be the year everything changes. Maybe something spectacular will happen this year." "Perhaps..." The both speculated what their future could hold, neither really believing it much. "Do you really think your father will take you back?" Blaze asked Carefully. Scarletts face darkened and she let out a short contemptuous laugh, "Not when he's got his other daughter. It's like having the chance to try all over again." she said to him, thinking of her sister. She sat herself underneath a tree, lost in thought, as she watched the bright sunlight glint off of Blaze's scales.

Wobbles
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Thalia straightened as an idea dawned on her. What if.... She got up and took her hair out of her braid, rolled up the cuffs of her jeans and waded in calf-deep. She concentrated on the little bubbles, forming into one large bubble, and when she had it where she wanted it, she dove in, her eyes tightly shut. After a moment or so, she cautiously opened her eyes and squealed in joy. It worked! She was dry as a bone with a bubble of air surrounding her. She willed her bubble towards Antarix, who was staring at her slack-jawed. She laughed. "I guess there ARE pluses to being an Air element," she said. Can I pop it? "No!"

Ludypoof379
05-23-2013, 11:54 PM
(Sorry I have to work on some other stuff for awhile)

Tatrina spoke," Alright. We'll have to do that soon. For now I need to go do some paperwork so I'll talk to you later. You can always ask your dragon to contact Daey if you need me." She smiled and Daeyon grumbled as he crawled out of the lake. She walked Daeyon back to the pens before heading to her room.

m139
05-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Danus Agerfield looked at Christina as she left the room. As for Jasen never being late again... that was somewhat funny. That boy would end up being late to his own graduation. IF he decided to show up. Still... this year wouldn't be too bad at all, especially if there remained no new students. New students were just so... unpredictable. He remembered Christina last year. Oh well, she'd end up being good with practice. They both had potential. They would both, if they wished to, become great. He slowly got up and got ready to leave the room. Like usual, he was going to see Terus, and groom him. As far as he could see, this was going to be a great year. With no new students, there should be relatively few surprises.

커비
05-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Rin watched as the dragon and its mounter soared through the sky. She wanted to fly. Rin had always wondered what it felt like to fly. Would it be scary? Or would it be relaxing as I fly through the wind? she questioned herself. She got up from the bench from where she was originally sitting and walked towards the academy.

raven1200
05-24-2013, 01:12 AM
After a long while, Scarlett roused herself from her reprieve. She watched Blaze lay lazily in the sun, content to absorb any ray's he could. A wind rustled the leaves on the tree above her and Scarlett took a moment to admire the bright lights dancing on the grass in front of her. When the wind stopped, she stood and brushed herself off. Blaze looked up, sensing her motion. He watched her intently as she moved. She made each move deliberate, lighting a fire in one hand, then allowing it to transfer from one hand to another. She kept her breathing steady and calm, while the fire danced. She examined it closely as it danced around her fingers, heating up her hand. She made it grow bigger, then smaller, then bigger still. When the flame was nearly too big to fit in her palm, she snuffed it out with a quick close of her fist. Satisfied with her control over her element, and patted, Blaze's head. "Lets get you back, it's going to be dark soon." she said to him, watching the colors of sunset beginning to tint the sky. He didn't respond but didn't fight her either. They wandered slowly back to the pens, enjoying each others company, even if they were both silent.

Wobbles
05-24-2013, 01:15 AM
IMPORTANT MESSAGE. PLEASE READ! Especially Keiwanis - I'm employing Swift's help.

(Alright everyone - I'm putting my character into a blackout, because I'll be gone. I'm assuming you know how this works - on June 3 she will wake up with no clue what happened. she's been in a coma until then, so basically her response is nothing. One of you has to take care of Antarix... Someone volunteer??)

As Thalia laughed, Antarix flapped his wings underwater, scrapping the edge of the bubble and popping it. Water gushed in on Thalia as she tried to get air but only succeeded in a mouthful of water. Antarix squealed in alarm as the overflow motion sent Thalia tumbling. Her head hit a rock, and her eyes widened before rolling back in her head. She went limp and floated as the water tinged red around her. Antarix grabbed her by the collar and swam for surface, dragging her up onto the sand and letting out a mournful cry. She lay motionless and unresponsive, her wavy black hair a wet, tangled mess. Antarix wasn't even sure if she was breathing.

Antarix sensed someone of familiar element nearby and spotted Swift and Quicksilver. He flapped his wings, proppeling himself towards them with screeches of alarm. He projected his thoughts at Silvy. Quicksilver! That's your name, right? Bring your human over here, quick! My human won't respond! Help, please... He could barely keep in the air, as this was his first time flying, but he seemed to be buoyed by the air currents so he floated gracefully, like a true Air elemental.

Keiwanis
05-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Silvy suddenly made a sharp turn to the right, and Naliek looked at their new direction with alarm.
'What's up?' he asked seriously.
'Little dragon. Master is hurt.'

Indeed, as they came closer, Naliek spotted a little dragon fluttering towards them. Silvy angled herself slightly so he could scoop up the little creature.
'What'd it say?' Naliek projected.
'Injured master. Not breathing.'
They landed on the sand, and Naliek hopped down. As the dragon had said, there was an unconscious girl lying on the shore. He knelt down by her and put his ear to her mouth. She wasn't breathing. She must have swallowed some water.
"Always wanted to try this," Naliek muttered.

He concentrated, and seized control of the air in her lungs. Expanding it, he brought it up in a wall and lifted the water with it. A large clump of water shot out of her mouth, and she began breathing again. But there was still the gash in her head.
"We gotta get her back to the academy," he said, looking at the little dragon. "I've done what I can but I'm no doctor. We need to wait for the medical team."

커비
05-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Just as Rin exited the lake area, from the corner of her eye she saw a figure fall. She turned around to see a pool of blood around the fallen figure floating on the water. As the girl was pulled towards the surface, Rin jogged towards the scene. "What's going on? What happened?" she asked.

Toon Yoshi
05-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Christina jerked her head as she heard some ruckus outside. Knowing the school well, she took the shortest way to the noise, the lake. She seen a bunch of people and dragons, one of which was hovering over an unconscious person. She sped up to the person, her eyes gleamed with curiosity.

DarkNight
05-24-2013, 02:04 AM
The first day finally had arrived and Kawataro had a lot on his mind, Only one student? That's weird...maybe I'll have more by next year. Having been setting up his classroom for the past four days was grueling and to be honest, it left him quite tired. In the end though it was all worth it for the Students which kept Kawa in a good mood. The entire structure of the room was designed to support the aura of a real Water user, which was heavily portrayed by the many colors of blue banners kept up along the tops of the walls welcoming new students. A small waterfall fountain could be seen at the back of the room opposite of where Kawataro was among the traditional Teacher's desk, having hiked his feet up against it while leaning back in his chair. This year he had finally been able to get an approved addition to the Water Room of an addition of the lake being connected to the room would help teach his Students with ease since they would not have to take field trips anymore! Instead he would be able to lead them through the dividing doors and into a small training room where they'd learn to harness their abilities. After all Kawa had seen several times how the other Teacher's rooms had the accessibility to their own elements, heck even the Fire Teachers had an area of inflammable materials just to test themselves in. Other than the simple banner decorations and the Waterfall Fountain in the back, the classroom looked like a regular School Classroom.

Hearing the door open finally Kawataro sat up from his position and put on the calm, friendly face he found normally to keep his Students comfortable because if he had his regular face on, it'd probably seem that the Man was upset with something which really wouldn't be the case. A girl with wavy dark brown hair entered in, seeming to be an average height for someone of age to have their own Dragon. "Hello! Welcome to your Water Room!" An enthusiastic smile crossed his face while waving to her beckoning her to have a seat anywhere she pleased, "Feel free to sit anyhwere, seeing how as we're going to be the only ones here for likely the School year. All of my other Students graduated last year." Trailing off from that subject, which made him slightly depressed because of how many Students he normally had. The past few years seemed to make the size of his classes dwindle for some reason that in turn gave him something to worry about. Regardless he'd have to put that out of his head for now and focus on teaching his new student instead. "My name is Kawataro, feel free to call me KT or KW and don't feel the need to be formal about it either. As a Water Element user we should feel the richness and beauty of life, let things flow..." Just as he'd say that one of his blue hair's fell down onto his face, which he'd proceed to try and blow it out of the way but continued to fail at that till he'd decide to push it back up with his hand. "What's your name?"

OliveBranched
05-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Isobel walked into the water classroom and was greeted by a blue-haired man. He seemed friendly enough, but Isobel was slow to trust adults.

KT, She thought to herself. Uncommon name. She realized that she was staring, and shook herself.

"Oh! Isobel. My name's Isobel James."

커비
05-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Approaching the scene, Rin approached Christina who was also at the scene. She tapped on her shoulder. "Hey, do you know what happened?" she asked with much curiosity.

Liemu Artrain
05-24-2013, 02:37 AM
He wandered up the mountin side caring a small pouch that still some how was to heavy for him... it was probbly cuz it was full of rocks he could see the school up at the top and with a sigh kept dragging... "i hope the rooms arnt to fancy at this rate ill be sleeping in the stables this isn't the place for my folk" all the time his pinkish green eyes saw the school get bigger as he reached a gate he peared inside looking around and walked up to the first person who would acknowledge him... "hi can you help me figure out where to go..."

DarkNight
05-24-2013, 02:48 AM
"Nice to meet you Isobel." Kawataro fumbled for a pen to write down some notes about some of the lessons he'd give her , not aware that she had been staring at him. One thing he noticed though was the look of distrust in her eyes but that didn't bother him too much since they had just met. Taking in a breath of relief, he'd offer her a seat next to his desk and began to inquire more about her and as well as her Dragon, "So how are you coping with your new Dragon? Getting along well? And have you learned her name yet?" He smiled knowing that talking about their treasured friends would be something that would help break the ice between them.

cUt3w0lfb4be
05-24-2013, 02:52 AM
(Jeez agian with the billion more posts! i need a timer or something)
Raine looked up as a girl greeted her with a smile. Raine gave her a small smile in return before getting up and dusting herself off. "Hello. My name is Raine, and this is Vaho." Raine said, guess turning towards her dragon. "I'm guessing your a student here as well... Do you... By any chance, know where new students are supposed to go?" Raine asked the girl.

GoldenMyth
05-24-2013, 02:55 AM
As Eric wandered, not even thinking about the fact that his teacher wouldn't know he was here, Delven suddenly jerked up and headbutted his master. "What the hell? What's wrong now?" he grumbled, slightly unnerved by his dragon's action.
"Someone's in trouble! This way!" Without even waiting, the hatchling moved away from his friend and ran off. Eric had to sprint to keep up with the reptilian; Delven was surprisingly fast for an earth dragon!
They both ended up near a lake, where several others were crowding around something-no, someone. "Uh, is something goin' on over here?" he couldn't help but voice to the strangers.

m139
05-24-2013, 03:00 AM
(Post directed towards Liemu Artrain's character)

Danus Agerfield walked up to the new student, Terus in his mind. "Can you get a feel from him?" he asked his dragon. Terus' answer was as confused as he felt. He just couldn't place who this new student was. He looked around. Darn. There was no one else available to do introductions. He'd have to do it himself. He walked over to the new boy, and asked, "Which element are you?" That way, he figured, he would be able to direct him to whoever was in charge.

OliveBranched
05-24-2013, 03:04 AM
"Oh yeah, we're getting along great!" Isobel replied. "Her name's Thalassa. She's incredible. She's taught me so much." Thalassa rubbed her head against Isobel's, who smiled and rubbed behind her spines. Thalassa let out a small purr and curled her tail around Isobel's arm.

커비
05-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Rin heard a familiar voice and turned towards the direction where the voice had come from. As she did so, she saw a familiar face. "Eric..." she said with a bit of joy. She walked towards him. "Have you seen what happened?" she asked even though it was obvious that he, too, wasn't there to see what had happened.

Liemu Artrain
05-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Harley looked at Darnus tilting his head and holding his bag close to him gripping it tightly.... "ummmm my dragons not like most"... its water and earth *handing him a Polaroid of allister his wingless dragon*... "can you take me to see him maybe if we see him together we can figure out where im supposed to go..."

m139
05-24-2013, 03:34 AM
Danus looked at it, surprised. Never in his entire life as both a student or a teacher had he heard of such a thing. What was he supposed to do? He was sort of his responsibility... and sort of someone else's. So much for that year of no surprises. What to do with this problem. He consulted with Terus, who reminded him of that teacher's aid. Well, he might help... even if that aid was neither earth nor water. However, it was a start. He sensed a bunch of people by the pond. After telling his dragon to meet him there, he addressed Harley with two words: "Follow me."

Toon Yoshi
05-24-2013, 03:51 AM
Christina sqeezed through the crowd and saw a girl laying on the ground. She looked at the crowd, annoyed they just stood there. She picked up the girl (who was surprisingly light) and looked at the crowd. Most were staring at her like she was crazy. "Why do you people just sit there?" she muttered to the crowd.

Liemu Artrain
05-24-2013, 04:16 AM
*harly picked up his bag and fallowed* he worried about allister... he knew most dragons had telepathy but his did not the talked the wisseles in clicks like a bird did... so he had no idea how scared he was or or how farr away he needed him just incase to protect him...

Keiwanis
05-24-2013, 04:23 AM
(Edited, because I guess nobody knew that I assumed they would know I took her with me.)

Naliek stayed crouched by the unconscious girl as a crowd started to gather. No sign of the medical team yet.

Christina sqeezed through the crowd and saw a girl laying on the ground. She looked at the crowd, annoyed they just stood there. She picked up the girl (who was surprisingly light) and looked at the crowd. Most were staring at her like she was crazy. "Why do you people just sit there?" she muttered to the crowd.

Naliek immediately jumped up, and lifted her back out of Christina's arms.
"Woah there, partner," he said worriedly but sternly. "Do not move her. She's heavily concussed. Barely breathing." Slowly, he lowered her back down to the ground. "We need to wait until the medical team arrives. Lets not be hasty."

Silvy leaned over him. 'She is heavily wounded, indeed.'

m139
05-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Danus approached the pond and saw Naliek looking over some girl, who didn't appear to be quite well, then saw his own student pick her up. He was startled, but not completely surprised. Leave Christina to do something dumb like that. He was glad when Naliek took her back. In time, Christina might learn healing but for now... He hurried over to the downed student, forgetting for the moment about Harley, and gave a quick assessment. Having taught for a while, he'd witnessed may a fall, and knew the degrees of such things. He looked her over. She was hurt, not hurt enough to die, but who knew how long she'd sleep. He grabbed a handful of herbs growing in the weeds nearby- he had made sure to plant some everywhere, children were always having accidents- and, after setting the injured student on the ground nearby, applied them to her. Those, plus his own elemental power, was enough to heal the external wounds, but insufficient to wake her up. He turned to Naliek and said, "She is healed enough to be transported back to the academy"

Keiwanis
05-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Naliek nodded, and took her into his arms. With a little rush of wind below him, he floating up on Silvy, still cradling the girl to him. They had done many drills for safely transporting injured passengers in flight training.
He looked down at the teacher who had helped.
"I got the girl, could you lead us back to somewhere where she can be treated at?" he said.

Liemu Artrain
05-24-2013, 04:45 AM
harley looked at danus then to the herbs then back to danus before speaking before the flew off knowing it wasent important but important at the same time... "um sir these herbs and medicines are planted in the prong soil its to grainy and wont hold the nutrients it needs *points to where the plants are already withering* taking some herbs he took a small lighter and cup and rosted them* "here the sent from these will help wake her sir"

m139
05-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Danus thought of that room he'd seen a while ago. While there was no official place for children in comas, they all tended to be put in the front of the building, in the room not quite in either wing, so that all the teachers would be able to help the child, forcing food down the the throat and the like, until the child awoke. Then, the boy interrupted him. Drat, he'd forgotten all about him. He'd have to tell Naliek about him later. He said in reply to the boy, "Magic grows them they will not ever completely die. However this type of spill does damages that if regular smelling salts won't work, herbs won't either." He placed the cup under the hurt girl's just to prove it. Such was the magic of herbs: enough to heal the externals, but not the injuries of the mind. Every body needs rest, and a coma was just the mind's reaction to the shock. She'd wake up when her mind was ready. He knew he couldn't spend too long with this student now; he needed to show this teacher back to the school. Wait, Christina was here as well. He called to Christina, and pointed at Harley, saying, "Show this boy to Naliek later. Tell him to explain his dragon to him." Then, he turned back to Naliek and said, "Follow me" With that, he climbed on the back of Terus, who had just landed, and begin flying back towards the school.

Liemu Artrain
05-24-2013, 05:38 AM
*looked down at his body* the earth was all he knew the water the streams the forest hed taken care of it all and now it lookers like hed have to learn from scratch to help improve the gardens and fields here too *he then looked at Cristina and waited*

Keiwanis
05-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Silvy flew quickly after the teacher's dragon, landing softly in the grass by the main entrance. He dismounted carefully with another floating gush of wind below him, still cradling the girl to him and supporting her head. Silvy leaned over his shoulder to look at the concussed student.
'It looks very bad,' she thought seriously.
'Yeah, she won't be waking up from this one anytime soon,' Naliek responded.

He walked slowly to the school's entrance, and Silvy sat patiently waiting for him to return outside the school.

GoldenMyth
05-24-2013, 04:25 PM
"Huh?" Eric recognized Rin approaching him from the crowd. "I really don't know what's going on... AND there they go." He turned as an unconscious girl was taken away by a few other people.
Now he had no idea what to do. The girl was being taken care of, so he didn't feel like going after them. If he asked Delven for a suggestion the little dragon would just want to go along with whatever he did. "So, you gonna do anything?" he asked, looking to Rin with half-lidded eyes, showing his boredom clearly.

m139
05-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Danus held the door open for Naliek, then showed him to a room in the front of the school. He covered a bed there with fresh sheets, then helped Naliek place her on the bed, and did his best to make her comfortable. Once this was done, he excused himself from the room with a mumble, and went outside and flew off on Terus. There was too much weird stuff going on today. He needed to get out of it for a moment. Back to someplace normal. Someplace predictable. He and Terus landed in a glade to the north of the school. Danus dismounted, and the two of them rested. They'd have to go back eventually, but for now they could enjoy some peace.

Toon Yoshi
05-24-2013, 08:22 PM
She nodded, assuming Naliek was the guy who took Thalia away. She walked over too the school wall and slumped down. She decided to practice Earth elementals while waiting for later to show the kid to Naliek. She made the Earth rise, but she slipped up and messed up the motion, making the column of Earth crash into the wall. She quickly restored the bricks, doing a rather poor job by being haste. 'How many rules do you wanna break? Breaking the walls, being late, entering secret passages.' Guardina questioned. 'Finding secret passages isn't breaking rules.' she replied. 'I probably am allowed to make them to.' she added. A wide smirk covered her face.

커비
05-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Rin gazed as the unconscious was taken away. She then looked back down at Eric. She gave a shrug. "I'm not sure... I still don't know what's there to do around here. Mind ... Um giving me a tour?" she asked a bit embarrassed.

Keiwanis
05-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Naliek made sure that the girl was safely secured in the bed, then left the school and sat on the steps.
Is the girl alright? What do you think? Silvy said, lying her massive body down in front of him.
She'll live. I have no idea how much damage her head's sustained, though.
That's too bad...
Yeah, it is.

Naliek stood and stretched, then realized that he was still sopping wet from the lake. With a wave of his hand, he air dried himself and pulled his goggles up onto his head.

Liemu Artrain
05-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Harley noticed that he was being ignored so he went to where the water was and took a small pale crystal and placed it in the water and watched as it spread along the floor of the pond and the plant life around the edge and in the water instantly began to flourish.... "there that should help" he said a small smile leaving his face ass he leet out a long bird like wissle and could hear a reply from way off in the distance... "you are here that is good the land here is weak and it looks like it will need you"

GoldenMyth
05-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Truth was, Eric only knew where to find the main office, the infirmary, and the dragon pens. "Sorry. It's actually my first time too. Only knew about the pens earlier 'cause I had just been there myself," he admitted.
Delven curled around his right leg and stared at the girl his master was talking with. "...I like her. Let's lagger with her, Eric!"
"I think you mean linger," the ex-gangster provided out loud, not really caring that nobody else could hear what Delven had said. "Why don't we look around together?" he then asked Rin, breaking into a wide grin.

커비
05-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Rin smiled and thought for a moment. "W-Well... Maybe do you want to go explore the academy with me? I mean - I mean if you want, of course!" she asked Eric as she looked down at the ground blushing. Rin felt a bit awkward, and she could hear Lulu's giggle in her mind.

GoldenMyth
05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Eric smirked and shoved his hands into his pocket. "Kinda what I just suggested, so why not? C'mon! Let's see if there's anything interesting at this place!" He ran off in a random direction, before pivoting after a few paces, where he started to walk backwards to make sure the girl was coming along.

커비
05-24-2013, 10:51 PM
As Rin saw Eric jogging off, she had to sprint to catch up to him. "H-Hey wait up!" she yelled to him. As she caught up to him, she looked to her left and right if there was anything interesting. So far, she saw the arena and the pen.

GoldenMyth
05-25-2013, 01:17 AM
There was an arena? Eric never noticed that before. He didn't know how he missed it though, it was huge! "Gonna have to check that out sometime," he murmured, mostly to himself.
A growling sound caught his ears and Eric stiffened, thinking that something was after the two-no, three of them. But then Delven's next whine explained it all. It was the dragon's stomach making the weird noise.
"Ah, shoot. Delven, you pig!" The aforementioned reptile lowered his head in embarrassment. Eric sighed and looked at Rin, doing so easily since he was still walking backwards. "Wanna find someplace to eat? I know Delven here would appreciate it!"

커비
05-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Rin giggled as Eric's dragon's stomach growled. She nodded at the thought of eating. "Yeah sure, that'd be lovely~" she exclaimed.

GoldenMyth
05-25-2013, 05:19 AM
"Awesome! Let's go searching!" Eric pumped his fist in his enthusiastic outburst. At his feet Delven crooned and made a happy leap. Of course, he didn't land very far considering his weight. If a dragon could grin, the little earth dragon was doing it now.

Inside of one of the dragon pens, one that was in the far corner, Mathieu had been hiding there the whole time with his childhood friend Siaka. If the staff needed him for any reason, he thought, they could just call him over the intercom. So spending so much time chatting wasn't going to be a hassle.
"It seems that there have been less and less air elementals each year, Siaka. Have you noticed that?" he asked, frowning as he leaned against Siaka's scaly hide.
The bronze dragoness blinked one sleepy eye and wrapped her strangely-feathered wing around her master's body. "That concerns me as well. The fire element is alive as ever, along with water and earth, but having one new air user is... strange." She snorted. "However, that might be a blessing in disguise."
Mathieu's eyebrows went into his hairline. "A blessing? Whatever for, Siaka?" he murmured.
"There are dragon-users in the world who will secretly start fires, drown innocent humans, or create earthquakes, but we both know how dangerous air can be. Remember what one of your students did a few years back?" Instantly, the man grimaced. He remembered that clearly, training a young man only to have him cause one of the deadliest hurricanes to travel across land. That event still burned fresh in his memory, as if a person had branded it into his mind and it never cooled. "From your look I can tell you remember. Just because you are a gentle soul, that doesn't mean every other air user is as kind. Do not forget, my friend," Siaka stated, snapping him out of his thoughts.
"Yes... I will have to keep that in mind. Thank you." Mathieu drew his knees up to his chest and the two just sat together in a comfortable silence. None of them needed to speak; both of them knew what the other had on their mind, and both of them were content to keep it that way.

커비
05-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Rin followed Eric in finding a place to eat. After running around for several minutes, Rin grew hungry as well that her stomach growled too. She stopped for a moment to catch her breath. "Dang... This place doesn't seem to have any places to eat, but I'm quite sure it's here some where!" she said staggering.

GoldenMyth
05-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Just as Rin spoke, Delven stuck his head in the air and sniffed. "Huh? You found something, boy?" Eric smirked.
The dragon whipped around to glare at his master before bounding off to a nearby cafeteria. "Looks like he found something! Rin, let's go!" Eric gestured for the older girl to follow him as he ran after his dragon.

m139
05-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Danus flew his dragon back. Hopefully this day would bring no more surprises. He landed his dragon, stayed in the pensfoor a while, then walked into the building. After going to see if the girl was okay (she was, well, as well as a knocked out person can be) he continued to his classroom. Although the children would not be there the next day, he knew he still had to clean it. He still hadn't gotten around to it because of all the interruptions. After a summer of disuse, there was dust in some of the corners. As he started cleaning, He noticed a scrap of paper peaking out from under his desk. It looked as though someone had purposely hid it, and he wouldn't have even noticed it unless he was purposely looking for it. Or cleaning up. He unfolded it. Inside was a student profile of a boy named Eric. Great. Just what he needed. Another surprise. A new student. He began to clean the classroom, as he thought of how this would affect tomorrow's lesson plans.

커비
05-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Rin thought she had smelled something as well as the dragon did. By the warm smell of it, it smelled like roasting meat. Following Eric and his companion, Rin rushed after them. As Rin ran towards the cafeteria, she wondered what kind of food there was. Since Rin had lived in Japan for the duration of her life, she only tasted only Japanese feasts, such as sushi, udon, and etc. She has never tried any other types of foreign food. She was looking forward to what kinds of other great foods there were in the world.

GoldenMyth
05-28-2013, 05:20 AM
"Woohoo! FOOD!" Eric threw his fists in the air, celebrating the end of their perilous journey for the nearest place to eat. Not even a second afterward he raced inside to get dinner. Or was it lunch? He didn't really care. Food was food, and food was amazing.

Mathieu eventually lifted his arms over his head and stretched his stiff muscles. "I shouldn't have sat here for this long. My back is killing me!"
"Just make that tenfold and you have how I feel from being cooped up inside all day." Siaka grunted and pulled her wing back into its normal position. The teacher stood up and smiled.
"Sorry. It's the rules, even for us staff members. Tomorrow I'm going to bring you out to meet my-" He coughed, correcting himself. "Our student, in person. Think you'd be up for some flying?" The dragon didn't move, but her eyes glittered in excitement. A smile crept over Mathieu's face. Somehow he knew Siaka would be stubborn to show her exhilaration.
Now that there was feeling back in his arms and legs, Mathieu walked to a corner of the pen to pick up a shoulder bag with some of his things. "I'll be back after dinner, and then in the morning to take you out. That sound alright for you?"
Siaka closed her eyes. "Yes. You know I will still contact you after you leave," she responded mentally.
"In that case, fare thee well." With a light wave, Mathieu stepped out of the pen and closed the gate behind him. He headed to the classrooms, where he planned on making sure he hadn't left anything in his own office. But something caught his eye along the way. The door to one of the earth rooms was left open just a crack. Carefully, Mathieu opened the door even wider and stood outside as he waited for the man cleaning the room to notice the other teacher.

m139
05-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Danus Agerfield continued to clean, still a little disgruntled. He'd need to make sure that he told the new kid they were not meeting in the classroom tomorrow. Oh, the problems of new students! Suddenly, he sensed another presence at the door of the room. Could it be the new student? It was highly unlikely but... He turned around.

Drat. Not the new student. Guess he'd still have to find him later. It wasn't as if Mathieu was bad, in fact, he kind of liked him. A bit talkative, but still. It just would have been so much more convenient if it was that new student. He nodded to the teacher, and muttered "Good morning.", gesturing Mathieu into the room.

커비
05-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Rin smiled with joy as she and Eric and his dragon finally found food. Her stomach growled once more, but her hunger can finally be satisfied with loads of food. She licked her lips to keep herself from drooling. She hurriedly rushed over towards the foods and filled her plates with all various types of foods. Even Rin had lost track of time, whether it was lunch or dinner. But food was food. Rin was ready to try out the possibly amazing meal from the academy. Rin sat down at a table and began to stuff her face with all kinds of food. "So good!" She exclaimed. Eating like a pig wasn't very much lady-like, but Rin was too hungry to care about manners at this point.

Toon Yoshi
05-28-2013, 08:34 PM
After mentally discussing her plan with Guardina, she got up and walked over to the new student. "You should go over to that guy" nodding towards Naliek as she said this "and tell him about your… issue." she supplied. "He's the one who'll help you sort things out."

GoldenMyth
05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
The other man's expression showed obvious irritation, but it wasn't because of Mathieu. "It's not morning anymore, but hello there." He smiled by just a smidge, the corners of his eyes crinkling slightly. "I just wanted to make sure no one was breaking into your classroom. Is something bothering you, Danus?" He folded his arms and leaned against the doorframe casually. Surprisingly, Siaka didn't make some sort of witty comment in his head, but it wasn't like Mathieu to have any complaints about that.

Once his plate was piled high with food, Eric filled a second for his dragon and collapsed in the seat in front of Rin, not pondering why he cared to stick around with her. He wasn't sure if it was okay to feed a dragon human food, but he had never heard of dragon food or anything like that. Besides, Delven looked alright from the way he dug into the dish that was set on the floor.
"This. Is. Totally. The. Best. Part. Of. Today!" Eric cheered, emphasizing each word between bites as he shoveled food into his mouth. He didn't think he had eaten anything all day, now that food was the number one thing on his mind.

m139
05-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Danus smiled slightly. It was nice of the older teacher to care, and it explained why he was here. Plus, if that was the only reason that Mathieu had come, it meant that nothing else out of the ordinary had happened. That was, of course, the main reason for the smile.

Now, a response for Mathieu. Venting would take too many words, but the teacher in the doorway was definitely waiting for an answer. After having a quick and silent discussion with his dragon, Danus decided to tell Mathieu the concern that applied to both of them. "Have you seen the girl in the front?" he asked.

커비
05-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Rin giggled as she continued to munch on her large meal. Rin had to agree with Eric. Eating here was the best part of the day so far. Although, spending time with Eric was also the best part for her, because of him, Rin didn't feel alone, and she knew she made a friend. Rin felt happy. Rin's never been to an actual school, so she has never made any real friends, but now she made one. Rin's heart felt joy for the first time in awhile aside from meeting Lulu. Rin finished her plate and quickly rushed for seconds. She filled the plate with similar foods that she went for earlier. She immediately returned with a plate load of food and began eating her seconds.

GoldenMyth
05-29-2013, 01:37 AM
"Girl? What girl?" Mathieu raised an eyebrow, now confused. He had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep himself from rambling, again. There were a lot of female students at the academy. In fact, a lot more seemed to have arrived this year than usual. Times were changing, and the feminine side of the human race was becoming more frightening to men than ever before.
Finally, Siaka cut in. "You're spacing out." The man silently thanked his dragon before he waited for Danus to answer his question. His expression hadn't changed at all in that short span of time.

At the moment, all Eric could think about was eating. Honestly, he had a stomach that could feed three cows and two horses! He quickly got through his seconds, and then thirds, and Delven just watched in amusement once he himself had finished.
"You know, I don't think I've seen a girl eat as much as you have," Eric mumbled absently, setting his fork down for a moment. Only after the words left his mouth did he realize what he said exactly. "Wha- I didn't mean it in a bad way!It's totally fine with me, don't hit me!!!" He reeled back and threw his arms over his head in an attempt to protect himself. He wasn't oblivious to girls, as some people might think. Eric knew from experience just how scary teenage girls could get when they got angry!

m139
05-29-2013, 01:53 AM
It never occured to Danus how vague "girl" could be. He figured that if Mathieu had heard of the incident, he'd know what girl he was talking about. He would have used her name, but, come to think of it, he never even heard it. The whole event to him was kind of a blur. Danus looked at Mathieu, surprised he hadn't heard by now. News was sure traveling slow for the beginning of the school year. Then again, it was possible that this important news had just become ensnared amongst a bunch of rumors and lies and had never gotten to Mathieu. That was probably the true scenario. He replied slowly, after pondering each and every word, "The girl in a coma."

커비
05-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Rin clenched her hand with the fork. The strength was almost enough to crush the fork, but not literally. She blushed bright red in embarrassment. Rin was finished with her food any way, and so she couldn't have been more of a "pig". Rin felt a bit angry that she wanted to hit Eric. But Rin liked Eric and she knew he was probably joking, she hoped... Instead, Rin grinned. "Don't worry about it." she said, "I love to eat, I guess."

GoldenMyth
05-29-2013, 02:56 AM
Mathieu's reaction was instant. "What?!" he gasped, ignoring the fact that Siaka's shout of surprise was in perfect sync with his own. "A student? I-I never heard about this." He tangled his fingers in his hair, messing it up a little bit. There wasn't an announcement while he was with Siaka, so Mathieu had just assumed that things were just fine.
"I had been with my dragon since classes ended early. And nobody contacted me during that time. Is the girl alright?" he inquired with quiet, but genuine concern for the student's wellbeing.

Through a tiny crack in his arms Eric could tell he offended her. Silently, he thanked whatever supernatural force that prevented the only girl he ever met who tolerated him didn't hit him for that. "I didn't mean it like that. Eating's a good thing. I just wasn't sure if you were like those anorexic girls that starve themselves pointlessly. Totally didn't mean to do something stupid on my first day!" he squeaked.
Under the table, Delven narrowed his eyes at his master and seemed to be smirking. "Real smooth, peon."
"Shut it. And you used the wrong word, but I'm not going to correct you this time." The small creature snorted and turned away.
Things were getting awkward. So Eric decided to change the subject. "So what do you think happened to that girl? You know, the one who was carried away unconscious?" He immediately smacked himself afterwards. Stupid!

m139
05-29-2013, 03:06 AM
Danus looked at him, and from the look of surprise on Mathieu's face, saw that he really hadn't heard. So, he decided he'd just sketch the basics. "She fell by the pond, trying to fly." he said, internally thinking that new students should definitely not try to fly so soon, then continued, "Her external wounds have been healed, she is stable, and will probably wake when her mind decides to. She is now in the front of the school, where we usually put the unconscious." There. That was everything that needed to be said. He looked at Mathieu, who seemed very flustered. He supposed he would be too, if he'd heard of something like this hours after the event.

커비
05-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Rin giggled at Eric's comment. "Don't worry about it. I understand, really." She said as she flicked a broccoli towards Eric's head. She then thought about Eric's last question. She really did wonder what happened to the girl that fell unconscious. "I don't know exactly. Maybe she was sent to the hospital? I hear she's in a coma..." she replied. Rin scratched her head as things were getting a bit awkward between the two. But she liked it nonetheless. She enjoyed his company, even though he was younger than him.

Ludypoof379
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM
(Sorry that it took me forever to post)

Tatrina had fallen asleep on her couch after writing in her diary. Her eyes were half open and her head awkwardly turned. Startled by the sound of Daey's voice in her mind she sat up alert. Looking around the room she saw nothing amiss so she gingerly rubbed her neck as it felt like she had a kink in her neck. Yawning and looking out the window she wondered what time it was before standing up and stretching out her limbs.

Keiwanis
05-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Naliek yawned and sat up. One of Quicksilver's eyes slid open.
Is the old man done with his nap? she asked.
"I should probably check up with my first teacher I'm 'assisting'. Which class am I in first again?"
Fire.
"Ah yes, thanks."

Naliek stood up and stretched again, then entered the school and wandered the halls. After what seemed like an eternity, he found a door painted red, and thought it was his best bet. He remembered during the tour that the doors each were unique. Fire seemed like a red thing.

He peeked his head in the classroom.
"Hello?" he called.

Ludypoof379
05-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Daeyon murmured into Tatrina's mind, Tat, you need to meet with Naliek who is supposed to be assisting you. Tatrina stood up and murmured, "Oh, yeah." She hurriedly ran a brush through her long hair before grabbing her bag and bolting out of her room to head towards her classroom. "How could I have forgotten?" Daeyon chuckled, We both forget things in our sleep. That's why we have each other Tat. Tatrina groaned.

Tatrina neared her fire classroom and saw Naliek peaking his head into the classroom, "Oh, I'm sorry I'm running a little late. I dare say I fell asleep in my room when I was writing. Daeyon reminded me I was supposed to be meeting you. My name is Tatrina and I'm the fire instructor."

GoldenMyth
05-30-2013, 05:25 AM
The older man's face fell at the news. A child should never try to fly on their own so soon. Mathieu wasn't even sure a young dragon would be able to even hold a human's weight. "That sounds very troublesome for the academy. I only hope nothing bad comes out of this..." he said absently. He had a feeling that things could get very different this year.
Mathieu shook his head and forced a smile. "I suppose I should leave you to your own devices then. You seem to having some cleaning to finish up, after all." He stepped back a little, but didn't leave completely, as he didn't want to exit so abruptly. That would just be rude.

Eric didn't ask about the need to flick broccoli in his face. He just flopped over the table with his chin on top of his folded arms. "Wanna see if we can find anything out? It'll at least give us something to do..." The first day of school was getting so boring. Part of him wanted something big to happen, just to bring him out of his boredom. But knowing his luck that was unlikely to occur.

Keiwanis
05-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Tatrina neared her fire classroom and saw Naliek peaking his head into the classroom, "Oh, I'm sorry I'm running a little late. I dare say I fell asleep in my room when I was writing. Daeyon reminded me I was supposed to be meeting you. My name is Tatrina and I'm the fire instructor."

Naliek popped back out of the door. He chuckled and raised his hands. "It's alright, it's alright. Just glad I found you!"
He extended a hand towards her.
"Name's Naliek, or 'Swift' on the tracks. I'll be your competitive riding and racing coach person I suppose!" he said with a light laugh.
Her 'competitive riding and racing coach person'? Do they always keep such fancy titles here?
Go eat something Silv, I'll call you when I'm back outside.
Oooooookay!

Ludypoof379
05-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Tatrina smiled and said," It's nce to meet you Naliek. I'm glad that we'll be working together. One of my students is brand new to riding and the other I think it would be good for her to work with a trainer." Tat shook his hand and ran her hand through her long red hair, watching him and taking in his nonverbal behavior. "I'd also like a chance to work with you as well. I'm used to the more brutal flying techniques but tips on speed would be appreciated as well."

Daeyon rumbled his approval in her mind and purred contentedly in his pen, exhausted from the workout with Tatrina.

Tatrina smiled and laughed, "Daeyon approves as well."

Keiwanis
05-31-2013, 10:58 PM
The mention of speed brought a wide grin to Naliek's face. He nodded. "I'd love to pass on any knowledge I can to you! And if its anything we excel at, its speed, right Silv?"
Shush I'm eating.
"She agrees," he laughed.

m139
06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Danus nodded in response. Mathieu was definitely flustered. He was being terse and not rambling. It took a rare event to make that happen. In fact, he couldn't even remember a time at the academy where Mathieu had had half a conversation without rambling at least once. Still... the event was a shocking one. Apparently enough to completely offset an Air teacher. What an event. He pic.ed up a rag any began to causally brush off the dirt on the desks. With both the felled student and Mathieu's terseness, all on the first day, there was sadly no way this was going to be a normal year.

GoldenMyth
06-02-2013, 06:10 AM
After Mathieu decided that he didn't need to stick around any longer, he closed the door all the way and entered his own room with closed eyes. It was then Siaka spoke. "Something is troubling you." The question didn't need to be asked. She already knew what he was feeling, but his reasons why were blocked from her mind.
The teacher sighed. "There has only been one time a student fell into a coma for as long as I've been teaching. And that lasted just barely enough to even count as one. I don't believe we'll have such luck this time." He flopped into his chair with a hand draped over his eyes. "A student's in a coma, people are showing more and more hostility towards Fire dragons and their masters, and Air dragons are losing masters at an alarming rate. They might even be going extinct," he murmured, volume lowering until his last sentence wasn't much more than a breath.
However, it was like a shout to the Air dragon listening. "What?!"
There was a moment of silence. Then Mathieu raised his hand from his face and let it dangle numbly. His narrowed eyes had darkened several shades and his voice came out in a harsher tone than usual. "Yes. This is going to be an interesting year. And that might be a very bad thing."

Wobbles
06-04-2013, 05:50 PM
(I'm alive!)

Thalia gradually became aware of a painful pounding in her head. She shifted her head to the side and groaned, "Ow." before blinking slowly. "Where....?" she began, but seemed to choke on her words. The headache was too bad.
Antarix, she called mentally. Almost instantly a little black-and-blue streak leaped up on top of her. She attempted to laugh, but ended up grimacing.
You're alive!
Yeah. What the heck - what happened? Where am I?
Um. I don't really know. I can't read your language.

Jasen wandered the halls. He'd heard there'd been some commotion about an Air student getting knocked out, or some such happening, but he wasn't concerned. Air elementals were always getting themselves in trouble - sometimes he wondered if it was just for attention.

GoldenMyth
06-05-2013, 12:07 AM
"I am worried, Mathieu," Siaka confessed, clearly distraught in her tone. But it wasn't because of what her partner had told her. There was something else on her mind. "Seeing through your eyes, I could tell that Danus didn't know the student who passed out. I was thinking... What if it was your student?" she asked.
That got his attention. "Y-You're kidding..." he said weakly. His voice sounded strained. Siaka didn't reply, and the teacher's hand went back to his face, this time in the form of a facepalm. "I am such an idiot. Why am I sitting around here? I have to see if she's okay!"
The dragon's yelp to calm down went ignored, and Mathieu dashed out the door leaving behind his things. He ran past a student, a boy, but only said a quick "Sorry!" behind him. He didn't have time to make a proper apology, his mind was set on seeing the student who had tried to fly too soon.
With a worried look, the man opened the infirmary door and peeked in. "Is anyone here?" he called quietly, hoping that he wouldn't find who he thought was being tended to.

Wobbles
06-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Jasen did a little half-pivot on his heels as an older gentleman rushed past. "Sorry!" the man, obviously a teacher, said as he rushed past. "Oookay," Jasen said to himself.

Thalia heard someone almost whisper a tentative, "Is anyone here?" But it sounded like a record scratch on a thousand loudspeakers. She clenches her jaw and swung her legs off the bed. A wave of nausea swept over her but she pushed it back. "I am," she said in a rather feeble tone.

GoldenMyth
06-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Mathieu's blood ran cold. He bit the inside of his cheek to keep a curse from spilling out. "I was hoping her suspicion was incorrect," he mumbled instead, walking in and closing the door behind his back. He pulled up a chair that was against the wall and sat down beside Thalia's bed. "How are you feeling? Honestly, I think you should still be resting," he said.
"For once, I agree." Siaka's comment went unnoticed and Mathieu continued to stare at Thalia with an openly concerned expression.

Wobbles
06-06-2013, 03:32 AM
Thalia gave him a confused frown. "Who...?" The she decided it was completely irrelevant as the kindly teacher had just asked her how she was feeling. "Better than ever," she lied. She still couldn't believe she'd passed out on her first day. How wimpy does it get? Get a backbone, Monaklyn, she told herself. "I'll be fine. It was just a little bump on the head." Unaware that he thought she'd tried to fly, she added with a nervous laugh, "I guess the Water elements don't like us Airs too much?" For indeed, she'd gotten the coma from trying to swim in an air bubble, not from trying to fly. In the process, Antarix had learned to fly to save his master. The same dragon bounded over to Mathieu and laid his head on the teacher's lap, his big blue eyes obviously asking for affection.

m139
06-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Danus finished cleaning up the room. There. Now it was perfect. Now for problem two: the new student. He supposed that the new student might eventually make it to the classroom, so he scribbled out a note reading, "2nd day of earth element class meets at the pens at 9am" There. done. Hopefully he'd see the student in person, but if not, well, at least he'd written the note. The student should be able to find it by tomorrow, although it was already evening. If not, well, then he should find it tomorrow. He might be late to class, but it wasn't like that would be too bad; after all, he didn't expect his students in his classroom until at least nine fifteen. Such was the story of alm0st all his students he taught: they were always predictably late. He smiled as he left the room.

Toon Yoshi
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Christina noticed it was gtting late, as the sky became darker. She stared up at the sky for a moment, and then headed inside, stopping only to her newly-found secret assage. She looked at it, as if expecting something to come out, then turned away.

As she continued to venture down the halls, she quickly noted it was nearly deserted. She walked in circles, waiting to meet up with someone, anyone. Just to know she wasn't dead. The feeling she had after all of today.

GoldenMyth
06-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Looking out the window, Eric saw that the sky was getting dark outside. "On second thought, it's getting late. Let's see if we can find the dorms or wherever we're staying. I've never been to a school that you have to live in before." He stood up with his palms flat on the table, eyeing Rin in search of agreement. Now that he thought about it, Delven seemed really tired. The small dragon would need to be brought back to his pen soon.

Without even thinking about it, Mathieu started to stroke the young dragon's head with his hand. Siaka used to do the same thing, albeit more aggressively, when she wanted attention. "I can read your thoughts right now, you know."
"I'm glad that you are alright," he said, seeing right through her white lie. "What do you mean Water? Were you trying to swim?" Danus told him that she had attempted to fly. Perhaps the man had merely made an assumption to satisfy Mathieu's curiosity...

Wobbles
06-07-2013, 01:51 AM
"Yes, I was trying to swim in an air bubble." Her eyes flicked to the side and back again. "Um, long story. But he accidentally popped it." She gestured to Antarix, who had his eyes closed in contentment and was making a sound not unlike purring. She sighed and put her head down, then looked up at Mathieu with only her eyes. "I have a headache," she mumbled, trying to be honest.

GoldenMyth
06-07-2013, 05:21 AM
"I'm sure you do. The last person who fell into a coma woke with a headache as well." Mathieu tsked and shook his head. "The nurse should give you something to help that when she comes back. But one thing's for sure; what you did was very reckless for a newcomer. You could have drowned, you know." That was pretty obvious. But he felt he had to say something.
Mentally, he sighed in weariness. "She won't be able to attend any field lessons tomorrow while she's in this state. I'm one of the oldest teachers here and I get the most free time. Typical."
Siaka chuckled, a deep throaty sound resounding in Mathieu's skull. "Just come visit me then. Maybe we can go flying. I'd like that, and I know you would too." Mathieu had to resist the urge to smile, and he didn't have to try very hard since he was still concerned for his student.

Wobbles
06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Thalia nodded slowly. "I know, I know.. I'm so stupid," she muttered under her breath. She mentally chastised herself for being so foolish. "My training will be postponed, won't it?" She asked with a tone of despair in her voice.

GoldenMyth
06-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Great. It seemed his student could read minds as well. "We'll find out depending on your condition tomorrow. If the nurse believes you will be fine then training will continue as if this never happened." Siaka let out a scoff and Mathieu shot an apology through their link.
"Speaking of which, do you have any idea where the nurse is?" He glanced around the infirmary, finding no one else in the room aside from Thalia, her dragon, and himself.

Wobbles
06-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Thalia shook her head. "I didn't even know there was one," she said, not having thought about the matter. Antarix, understanding the situation, picked his head up, sniffed the air, and bounded down a small corridor.

Where are you going?
To find the nurse.

Toon Yoshi
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Christina pushed open a door that led to the girl she seen earlier and a teacher he hadn't seen yet. She stared for a moment and then said, "Oh. I guess you're busy?" she should've knocked, but she wasn't in the mood.

GoldenMyth
06-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Mathieu made no protest to Antarix leaving. Dragons were very intelligent creatures, he knew the hatchling planned to find the nurse for them. "If he can't find her then I suppose I'm going to have to take over for now-" He gave a start when the door opened again. There was another girl outside.
"Oh, it's fine. Did you need anything from the infirmary?" he inquired. Sometimes students would go to this room if they had some sort of medication they needed to take. That was the most likely reasoning for the girl's sudden appearance.

Toon Yoshi
06-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Christina thought for a moment, she was only making sure the school wasn't empty. "Eh... I don't think so." it was already awkward and she hoped she wouldn't make it worse. "But do you need anything," she added "anything at all?"

GoldenMyth
06-08-2013, 05:54 PM
It surprised him that somebody else was still wandering the school grounds. Most people were already in their dorms or asleep. "No thank you. I know my way well around here." Speaking of which, Mathieu stood up and walked to the cabinets. There was probably something that could be used for Thalia's headache.
Attempting to lower the awkward level in the atmosphere, Mathieu tried to bring up conversation. "So what are you doing up at this time? You should be in the dorms by now, eh?" He pushed back a bottle of flu pills in the cabinet.

Wobbles
06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Thalia offered a gentle smile, as that was pretty much the best she could manage, at the girl. She hadn't met her, so it'd make it a little strange if she gave the typical 'hey, what's up?' response.

Jasen wandered the halls in the direction the teacher had gone, and after a few minutes came to a door with Christina standing in the door. "Hey," he said casually, hands in his pockets. "Whatcha do- oh. Nevermind," he corrected himself as he peered in along with his classmate. So it was the Air elemental. He shrugged mentally and leaned against the doorway, nothing better to do.

m139
06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Danus walked to the pens. It was the last thing he did every day before retiring for the night. That, at least, despite the strange day, he'd still be able to do. He looked at the sky. The stars were already appearing. Then, he walked through the pens, stopping at many of the students stalls to make sure that they'd looked over there dragons on the first day. Most of the dragons looked rather comfy. Good. It wasn't to important to do this task, after all, most dragons were very good at complaining to there owners when they were unhappy. He smiled. It was amusing to watch the students sometimes forget that the dragon's voice was only in their mind and seem to talk to the air. He saw some pens were still empty, but, because of the day, decided not to worry about it to much. It had been a long day, after all. Finally, he stopped at Terrus. He smiled, and stopped. Together, they spent minutes of non verbal discussion happily.

Toon Yoshi
06-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Christina shrugged "I dunno... I never can sleep here." when Jasen walked up behind her she turned. "Oh. Hello Jasen."

Wobbles
06-11-2013, 05:38 AM
(NOOO IT'S DYING)

Jasen nodded at Christina, then appraised the two Air elementals. An odd pair, to be sure. "Welllll I actually do need to sleep. So.. see ya." He trotted off towards the dorms. He was tired, and tomorrow there'd be some newbies to teach how to fly.

m139
06-11-2013, 03:09 PM
(yeah, we need a quest or something to keep this thing going... I don't think we are even going to last a semester without something like that)

Danus finished talking to his dragon. He mentally checked the area where the hurt student was. From the ground, he could tell that there were multiple people there. Good. That meant he wouldn't have to go check, as most likely one of those was Mathieu. Well then, the day was over. Except for the people near the sick room, everyone was in their dorms or heading to them. He'd do the same. Sleep was definitely the cure for a weird day. He headed to the teachers' rooms.

Wobbles
06-11-2013, 04:23 PM
(Ooh I like this idea! >:D We should discuss it in the OOC.)

m139
06-11-2013, 04:58 PM
(k, I'll think about it. I'll post an idea up there maybe today or thursday)

Toon Yoshi
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
(Yay!)

Christina watched as everyone left to the dorms except Thalia. "I'll see you... later?" she said to everyone else. She then walked down to her dorm, a decent length from there backwards. After 2 days of her first year, she knew every inch of the school by heart.

GoldenMyth
06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Grasping the headache pills, Mathieu looked out to find that everyone else had left. Probably gone to the dorms. "Well... That was strange." Then again, the whole day had been strange. And for some reason he couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen this year...
"These should help with that headache you have, anyways. I'm surprised your dragon isn't back yet. It cant take that long to sniff out the nurse, her perfume makes me sick when I'm near her for too long." He tried to steer his thoughts away from ridiculous superstitions and poured a couple of water for Thalia to have with the two pills he had taken from the bottle. Without making eye contact he sat and held out the items he had grabbed, his eyes focused completely at the door to wait for the nurse to return.

m139
06-14-2013, 12:47 AM
But, instead, in the doorway in front of Mathieu stood not the nurse, but a brother. The brother wasted no time, but said, "Take this map and get out. Take everyone you can with you." With that the brother left the room.

As Danus walked to the teachers' rooms, he was surprised to see a brother in the way. Even more, he was surprised to here it speak. "Go!" the brother said, "Flee this place, and take these books!" With that the brother left.

And throughout the schoolgrounds, the brothers were pouring out from where they lived, fighting and holding off the intruders, making there last stand before they died. In this noise, and soon fire, as the villagers began to burn things, the people in the dorms awoke, and the dragons left there pens to come to their owners.

GoldenMyth
06-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Shock nearly had Mathieu fall out of the chair he had just sat down in. "What's going on?" he cried, but the Brother had already left before he even finished his sentence. The only sign remaining that the Brother had even came by was the old, yellowing map that was shoved into the Air teacher's hands.
"Whatever's going on, it is very bad. Take that medicine, Thalia. I'm going to call my dragon and then we have to find Antarix. It isn't good to let a young dragon roam while the school is in danger." Mathieu's chair moved back a few inches when he stood again to open a window on the far end of the room. "Siaka!" he called in his mind.
"I'm on my way," the dragoness replied instantly. In a matter of minutes a bronze-colored dragon was at the window, flapping large feathery wings to keep in flight.
Mathieu wordlessly looked back to Thalia, as if asking, "You coming?"

Eric had been returning Delven to his pen when a fully-grown dragon that belonged to a teacher suddenly spread feathered wings and took off, completely obliterating part of its gate. A gleam in its eyes told him that the dragon was worried about something.
"...That was weird." He was about to turn back to wish Delven goodnight, but a peculiar smell floated to his nostrils. "Smoke?"
Assuming that a fire dragon had sneezed or something, he left it alone. Then, another thing interrupted his peace. This one couldn't be ignored.
The door crashed down, revealing a huge mass of people behind it. They seemed to all be normal village folk, which made Eric frown. Those kinds of people didn't belong at Hawthorne. The angry looks on their faces told him all he needed to know. They were after the trapped dragons. And Eric wouldn't allow it.
"YOU'RE NOT GOING NEAR THESE GUYS! NOT WITHOUT GOING THROUGH ME FIRST!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, darting out in front of the pens with outstretched arms. The villagers faltered, surprised that there was still another person there. Eric could only hope that someone on his side was able to hear his outburst, which he had yelled loudly on purpose, and would come to help out.

Wobbles
06-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Thalia nodded quickly, her blue eyes wide with alarm, and took two quickly. As she began to get up, Antarix sprinted into the room, his eyes wide with fear. He skidded to a halt in front of his master.

She's...she's...she's dead! the little dragon stammered mentally.

What?!

The room... was on.... on fire... and she..

No time. Let's go!

Thalia stood, wobbling in place for a moment, before following her teacher. Her breath caught at the beautiful dragon before her.

~@~@~@~@~

Jasen halted. He felt a rumbling through the ground, smelled the choking odor that usually came from the Fire classroom, and heard yelling. One voice rose above the others. "YOU'RE NOT GOING NEAR THESE GUYS! NOT WITHOUT GOING THROUGH ME FIRST!" He recognized that voice. It was... oh, what was his name...

Eric? Equinox suggested. "That's right," Jasen said aloud. He turned on his heel and trotted back towards the pens, in the direction he had come, to see a crowd of angry, but slightly astonished, villagers and an out-numbered looking Eric. Equinox was out flying - they needed backup, fast. He sprinted towards Eric, telling Equinox to get here as fast as she could. "HE MEANS US," he shouted, standing next to the student.

SolomonGraves
06-14-2013, 04:39 AM
The sharp clack of plate armor on stone rang sharply in the air around the dragon's pen. A figure came, marching sharply around the corner in the fading light of the sun. One was a man, tall with grim, fair features, his long black hair blowing in the faint breeze. About his shoulders billowed a dark cloak with bright red lining. His armor was bronzed and polished to a fair sheen. He held a helm of the same make under his arm, his gauntlet resting upon the hilt of a broad sword, still sheathed. In his free hand, a long wooden spear thumped firmly into the earth as he strode forward, one end capped in brass while the blade was covered in a leather sheath.

He came just in time to seek the peasants falter at the sight of the young student who bravely stood his ground against so many. The peasants, noticing a fully armored man of noble bearing approach, gripped their primitive weapons firmly, their fear and trepidation shifting to anger and blood lust.

"You there." came a low smooth voice, speaking to young Eric. The weight of a gauntlet and the sharp click of metal in his ears announcing the instructor's presence. His hooded, predatory gaze set firmly on the growling mass of peasants before him, not daring to give them a opening "Make sure the pens are clear, then remove yourself into the keep and have the door to the Academy secured." he said, placing his bronzed helm on his head, placing himself between the mob and the young student.

Reaching upwards, he would rip the leather sheath from the blade of his spear. The polished metal gleamed fiercely as the last rays of the sun disappeared behind the horizon. It was long and deadly, a blade more fit for a glaive then a spear proper. Brelon leveled the blade towards the peasants, his eyes gleaming coldly from behind his helms visor.

His free hand would move with startling speed, slashing the air with a outstretched hand. Instantly, ever drop of water would leap from it's resting place, trough, barrel or cup with a loud splash. While it was not nearly enough to topple the crowd, it was enough to serve the intended purpose. The moment the water reached the mob, it would disperse into a heavy cloud of fog, engulfing them all and heavily obscuring their vision. Charging forward, Brelon dove into the fog which parted at his approach, but hid him seconds later. Inside, the first screams rent the air as Brelon's spear found it's unfortunate target.

Toon Yoshi
06-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Christina had never made it to her dorms. A little bit away, she bumped into a brother holding people back. She had a split second to glimpse at the mob before he gestured her away.

She dove around the corner, running to her secret passage. "Ready?" Guardina's worried voice echoed in her head. "Yeah." She crawled through the hole, hoping it'd be quicker than running. When she got to the end, she made an addition to the path, heading straight. Eventually, she came to an end and slipped out under the sounds of a mob and a man.

She saw a man wearing armor in front of a crowd of commoners. Hoping for the best, she went up to the man's side almost like a dragon would. Calling Guardina in her head, she got to a decent distance from him, now noticing the spear in his hands.

GoldenMyth
06-14-2013, 09:40 PM
((If you didn't notice, Danus was given both books. The Brothers wouldn't give one of the items to a student.))

Mathieu was glad to see the smaller dragon return unharmed, even if it looked immensely frightened. "This is Siaka, my dragon. Both of you, get on. She can carry us all to safety while the other students are evacuated." He gestured to his partner with a wave of his arm. "Let's go. I've been with her for over ten years and I can assure you, she's a very safe flier."

Two people caught the sound of Eric's voice. Grinning, he noticed a boy he had met earlier named Jason. But the other arrival was a shock. Of course, it would be surprisingly to see an armored man take charge within less than a minute.
"A-Ah, okay then...?" Recovering from his falter, Eric darted to grab Jason's wrist and pulled him back to the pens. "You're comin' with me, dude!"
Delven had already smashed down his gate and Eric let go of the other student. "Ready, boy?"
"I don't think this is such a good idea..."
"Who cares? We have a life and death situation here! Come on!" Delven got close to his master and Eric lowered his arms at his sides, palms facing parallel to the ground. Something as simple as freeing the dragons didn't require too much energy, luckily enough.
Eric balled his hands into fists, and the earth rose about a foot. With a few more stiff movements a patch of ground was manipulated into a sharp spike and it stabbed into a gate like a pencil into a sheet of paper.
"Booyah," Eric grinned. Time to get the party started.

Wobbles
06-15-2013, 04:41 AM
((Psst.. His name is Jasen...and Eric is an earth element? כοοlιο.))

Jasen followed Eric closely. He raised an eyebrow at the earthen spike. "Nice one," he commented.

Thalia nodded and followed her teacher. "I trust you," she said.

((Sorry about the short post. Gotta get to bed.))

GoldenMyth
06-15-2013, 04:56 AM
((LOL My bad!!!))

"Thanks. Anything you can do? Kind of winging it over here!" Eric snapped back, breaking down a few more walls to free the dragons.

Helping Thalia and Antarix onto the larger dragon, Mathieu climbed on behind them with a concentrated frown. Painfully, he allowed his mind to merge with Siaka's, seeing, smelling, and hearing anything that was registered through Siaka's senses and vice versa. It served for both of them to be aware of their surroundings completely, and Mathieu could send directions on where to go. The downside was that Mathieu would have one heck of a headache later on.
"There's a cave by the river. Only myself, Siaka, and two others know of it." Brelon was likely fighting off the threat to the academy, and he wouldn't be surprised if Malus was waiting in the large river that ran past. "I will leave you there for now. The Brother told me to take as many people as I can, so I'll have to return with Siaka. You'll be safer here and Siaka would not be able to carry you and several other passengers," Mathieu explained. The sight of the river appeared below, and Mathieu peered into the depths of the roaring waters in search of a familiar sea serpent.

Toon Yoshi
06-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Christina heard fighting by the pens and breaking of the walls (she had done it so many times herself on accident that she sort of remembered it). She had only started fighting of the crowd, hopeful her brother she had abandoned to get here wasn't among them.

After kneeing a guy where the sun doesn't shine she saw Guardina out of the corner of her eye swoop past. Guardina had grown in 2 years enough to support her, so she wasn't too concerned when she was swept off her feet and landed on a rough and soft material, at least she didn't need hand-to-hand combat. She stomped her leg down, and a few people fell into a pit.

It was tiring though trying to use moves after about 5 pits and she took a bit to rest, while her dragon ran into the crowd, dodging the peoples' weapons and knocking them aside with her head. She smiled as Guardina leaped gracefully over the pits, and on her landing knocking many people over, dazed.

During her break (which had nearly ended by this time) she saw her classmate and some kid she recognized from a preceding trip run out from the pens, and then she went back into action, creating a few more pits and using hand-to hand combat on the rare person who does happen to pass her and Guardina.

m139
06-15-2013, 02:03 PM
After he got the books, Danus was quite surprised. After all, how many times does a brother talk to a non-brother? And even rarer- how many times does a brother give a non-brother books? Still, there wasn't much time to think of that, for he heard the sounds of clacking and clashing of weapons. Weapons? The school was under attack? Oh no... This was not good, especially with all the new students.
He called to his dragon, and Terrus came immediately. He mounted, and flew up to survey the scene. There were a few students near the pens, holding out bravely, and a couple others scattered all over. He looked around the other parts of the school. The fights there were going not so well and, judging from the torch-lights in the woods, there were reinforcements coming for the other side. It was a battle that would soon be lost.

Danus had Terrus swoop down towards the pens, temporarily scarring back the attackers. "To the air!" he shouted, "To the air! Get those who can't fly yet, and to the air!"

OliveBranched
06-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Isobel sat upright in her bed at the loud noises coming from what seemed to be all around her. She threw on her cloak, waited for Thalassa to perch on her shoulder, and ran into the hall. It looked peaceful where she was, but she could sense the tension of battle in the air.

Thal, do you know what's going on?

I believe that we are under attack.

Isobel was excited at the idea of being able to defend her school, and work closely with her dragon.

Well, then. She grinned to Thalassa. Let's go see what we can do. She raced down the hall to where the noises seemed to be the loudest. The route that she took brought her out by the pens. She noticed the crowd of people already there and ran to them.

"Need any help?"

Toon Yoshi
06-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Christina heard someone shout to run and take any new people she could. After punching a guy who came too close for comfort in the spleen, she whistled sharply, causing Guardina to retreat and startling the crowd.

She hopped onto Guardina who hovered out of weaponry range as she calculated how much weight her dragon could bare, about 268 pounds minus the 84 she weighed was 116 pounds, about an average person and a small dragon.

Guardina nodded her head to the right and told Christina; "Go to the pens, there might be someone we can help." Christina nodded and Guardina flew lower, landing by the pens at the foot of yet another mob and some of her peers.

Wobbles
06-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Thalia held Antarix's shivering form close as she surveyed the ground. Being in the air for the first time, although under unprecedented and unwanted circumstances, was exhilarating. She took a deep breath of the clean air, and a smile played on her lips despite her weak condition. She sensed tension coming from her teacher, with his tight features and bent brow. Silently she wondered but did not inquire. Now was not the time. "How do you know they won't be able to track us?" she asked over the wind.

Jasen shook himself awake. "Right," he said. Closing his eyes to concentrate, he made no external movements other than a slightly twitchy brow. But in his mind, he was connected with the earth, awakening it, convincing it to allow itself to be used to their benefit. The ground beneath their feet began to shake violently, as if trying to throw them off. The villagers stumbled about, falling down and bumping into each other, but Jasen stayed steady. Suddenly a great crack crawled it way towards the crowd, and slowly began to widen. Jasen grimaced and went to one knee, the exertion exhausting him quickly. Ever so slowly, the crack began to widen under the villager's feet. "Could use... a Fire... to get me... some.... lava... right now..." he grunted. With a final hail mary blast of energy, he shoved the crack open, causing a score or so of the mob to disappear beneath the surface. Jasen fell forward towards the ground, catching himself, but breathing quick and shallow. His energy was spent.

GoldenMyth
06-17-2013, 04:35 AM
In a short span of time more people had arrived to help. "We gotta get the dragons out-" Eric was interrupted when a violent quake nearly shoved him off his feet. He turned his head and gaped at the giant crevice that had opened in the earth. Only one word came out of his mouth, once he realized who it was that created it. "Whoa."

Although still very tense, Mathieu's face split with a confident smirk. "Because Siaka's one of the fastest living things alive, when she wants to be. The only problem now is the fact that she can't, since we're looking for a good friend of ours in the water." He continued to search diligently for the familiar serpentine shape that lurked in the river's depths.
But as he was doing that, an arrow came soaring through the air from behind. The weapon pierced Siaka's birdlike wing, and she screamed in pain. Before she even realized what she was doing she had lurched to the side, and while Mathieu just barely stayed on, Thalia wasn't so lucky.

Toon Yoshi
06-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Christina saw a teacher's dragon get hit by an arrow. Then saw someone slip off. She instinctively leaped of Guardina, making the ground below her harder so she could run faster and below Thalia softer should she fail. Instantly running when she made contact with the ground. "I'M COMING!" she cried out to Thalia. There was, luckily, little mob in the way, and they barely failed to strike her with weapons numerous times. She ran under Thalia unsure how long until she hit the ground, so with a small flick of her finger, she made small 4 foot walls around herself, hoping it'd work and got ready to catch Thalia, but also looking out for mobsters.

Wobbles
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Jasen gave a small nod. "Yep. You learn a little in five years..." He grimaced again and pulled himself to his side. "But it sure does sap ya."

Everything was fine. They were flying along, looking for Malus. Other than a throbbing headache, a scared dragon, and an angry mob, the world was in order.

Then it kind of went upside down.

Suddenly she was no longer aboard Siaka, who let out a scream of pain, and she was facing the ground. Antarix clung to Siaka's tail, but he squeaked when he saw his master falling. He let go of the older dragon's tail, tucked in his wings, and dove. Unfortunately, Thalia was going much faster. He flapped his wings for extra speed and bit her collar, expanding his wings with a snap. His untrained muscles strained under the weight of both of their body weights, and he flapped madly but only managed to slow her fall before the collar ripped off.

Toon Yoshi
06-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Christina looked up, and saw a small dragon trying to slow down Thalia. She had been able to barely absorb the impact of Thalia in her arms, which ached a bit, but would've probably broken if it hadn't been for the dragon. Then she put her down, and rubbed her arm moaning softly. "Are you alright?" hoping the poor girl hadn't had 2 concussions in a day.

OliveBranched
06-18-2013, 03:15 AM
Isobel whipped around to where she thought the piercing scream had come from. She turned just in time to see a fully grown dragon be hit with an arrow, and for a girl and her dragon to come crashing on top of Christina, who had gone to help them. She sprinted over to where they had landed.

"Is everyone all right?"

Toon Yoshi
06-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Christina stared at Isobel in awe surprised she hadn't shown up earlier. "Hey Isobel! Long time no see. But assistance would be great right about now." she told her, because she was crouched by Thalia, she hadn't looked at her, just to recognize her voice. At that moment, Guardina flew to her side, nuzzling her, being more affectionate then ever, at least, better than last year, when she was the only new kid.

GoldenMyth
06-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Panic bubbled in Mathieu's chest, when he looked down to see his student and her dragon plummeting to the ground. "Hold on tight!" Siaka didn't even wait until the arrow was out of her wing. She just folded them both in and made a reckless nose-dive downwards. Mathieu had to press himself against her scales to create less air resistance for their free-fall.

Siaka spread her wings out just in time before she crashed down upon the other girls that had arrived. "Thalia! I am so sorry, I should have been more careful! You didn't break anything did you?" Knowing that his own dragon could endure the pain for a little longer, Mathieu swung his leg over her and ran to help Thalia off the student she had landed on. "Girls, thank you so much for coming to help Thalia. I don't know what I would have done if I lost my only student."

With a quiet grunt of agreement, Siaka laid down, ashamed of her mistake. "It was my fault, Mathieu. I should have been more careful." That was the first time she had let anyone but Mathieu fall-but that was while they were still only Hawthorne students themselves. She didn't even bother with the wound that was still dyeing her feathers red.

Toon Yoshi
06-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Christina slightly smiled to the air teacher feeling somewhat sympathetic to his love towards the students. Getting up, she said, "Maybe you should be more catious around her." Then noticing the map, she pointed to it. "What's that for?" It peaked her interest because it looked like a puzzle, and she loved all puzzles.

Wobbles
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Thalia felt her neck snap backwards. She rolled her eyes upwards to see Antarix, growling slightly and trying to pull her up.

Stop! You'll only hurt yourself!

You're falling!

You don't say! At that point, the collar of her shirt ripped off, and she resumed her free fall. For some reason, she wasn't freaking out. A dulled sense of reality, perhaps. Then she hit something, which she presumed was the ground, and the wind was completely knocked out of her. She made a little cough-gasp-cough noise and blinked. Her vision seemed to clear, and she saw Siaka and Mathieu diving towards her. Siaka had an arrow in her wing, but seemed to be ignoring it. Antarix's flight was unstable, as if he didn't know how to work his wings. He landed pretty hard, but scampered over to the three girls and teacher. She felt herself roll onto the ground, and stared at the sky, seemingly in a coma. (You know when you just completely zone off, don't blink, and just like stare at the couch or somethign for like a minute and almost don't breathe? I call that a coma.) She vaguely heard people talking, and her vision seemed to fog over again. Then, like a bungee cord, everything snapped to clarity. She could hear everything, feel everything. Some sort of joy bubbled up inside her as she caught the last part of Christina's sentence. "...cautious around her." She sat up straight, looking straight ahead.

"That.... that.... that was fun."

She looked up at the people and dragons around her, a sheepish smile creeping onto her face.

Toon Yoshi
06-18-2013, 05:36 PM
"You're alright!" she exclaimed happily. Freefalling would've been fun if her arms didn't feel like they were about to fall off. She let them hang. "That's great." She stood up. "By the way, you are heavy."

OliveBranched
06-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Isobel studied the teacher that had landed beside them. This must be the air teacher. She thought to herself. Does he really only have the one student? Thalassa butted her head against Isobel's, and she realized that she had been staring. She stuck her hand out to the teacher.

"Sorry, spaced out for a second there. Are you all right? Did you hurt anything during your fall? I'm Isobel, by the way."

m139
06-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Danus watched from above, scanning for any stray students. He saw Siaka in the sky, and if he could see it clearly, there was more than one student on her back. Good. Suddenly, an arrow hit the other dragon, and something came tumbling down. He was too far to stop it, but hopefully he could provide a distraction long enough for them to help the fallen rider.

He swooped in and out of the attackers near him, scarring them back again and again, for as long as he could, poor Terrus doing his best to take the least amount of Damage each time. Although he was in no immediate danger, he knew they could not continue on with this indefinitely, especially with the coming reinforcements. The students, and when he was a student himself, had not been taught to fight, but to ride well. Plus, the new students wouldn't even be able to ride at all!

The attackers were starting to ignore him. He wasn't sure how much longer this diversion could last. He hadn't seen the other group return to the sky yet, but he hoped they would soon.

GoldenMyth
06-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Before Thalia answered the girl's question, a flash of movement caught Mathieu's attention. From what he could tell, it was the dragon that belonged to Danus. He suddenly remembered that they had no time for this chatter. "We have to move. Girls, I'm sure you know where the river is. When coming in and out from the school, it's unmistakable. Go there right now. I'll take care of my student." He knelt down by Siaka and observed the damage made to her wing. She could still fly, but it would be a painful experience and another injury could cripple her for a while. He exchanged a look with his partner.
"I will fly."
Mathieu's eyes softened for a second, then they hardened with firm resolve. "I know you will," he replied in a whisper. His hand gripped the arrow and it was on the ground in two pieces before even he knew it. He stepped back to help Thalia stand...
And an arrow barely missed his head. Numb with shock, he raised a hand to his temple. Warm blood was beginning to trickle from where the arrowhead nicked him. He didn't know how or why, but he knew in that instant. The attackers wanted him dead. They weren't randomly shooting, he was their target. "We have to hurry. Go, now!" Mathieu picked up Thalia and set her onto Siaka's back with Antarix. He'd be more careful this time. Because if he wasn't, they were all going to die.

Toon Yoshi
06-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Christina nodded and stomped the ground, arms still limp, creating a trapdoor under the archer that nicked Mathieu. Then she felt he feet swept off the ground to land on Guardina, who then flew over to Isobel. "C'mon!" she told her, wanting to drag her on, but intead tightened her legs around Guardina. She looked back at the teachers, hoping they survived. Thalia needed teaching and she as well as the one problematic kid would have to resort to Jasen, who'd have nobody. If needed she could distract the mob. Easy task. Keeping everyone alive wasn't.

Wobbles
06-22-2013, 04:15 AM
Thalia nodded quickly, clinging tightly to Siaka's flank with one arm around Antarix. "Let's go," she said.

Jasen struggled to his feet wobbling a bit. The building next to the two boys collapsed, and flames billowed up within, causing him to stagger backwards.

"Equinox!!" he yelled.

At your service.

A large black dragon swooped by, casting a torrent of dark flames at the crowd. Jasen surveyed the damage - nearly every building was on fire, and villagers were racing towards them, screaming bloody murder. No, he actually heard someone yell, "BLOODY MURDER TO YA!" He raised his eyebrows. "Oookay then. Eric, you ever tailmounted a dragon before??" he asked, not waiting for a response as he crouched low to the ground. "If not, you're about to learn. Watch me, and when she passes by a second time, do what I did. ReadysetGOOOOooooo..." his yell trailed off into the wind as Equinox flew low and he grabbed her tail. She flipped her tail forward and soared upwards at the same time, and Jasen landed near the base of her neck. She turned hard to the left, coming back for Eric.

Toon Yoshi
06-22-2013, 04:31 AM
"Villagers!" Christina cried, hopeful to get the attention off her friends. "What satisfaction is fulfilled by taking our souls? Why must y~AH!" her question was interrupted by a knife in her shoulder. "You could've ow! Told me you weren't speech ow! People!" She winced brutally, about to break a tear. "I'm fine." she lied to the others.

GoldenMyth
06-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Siaka stretched out her wingspan and ruffled her feathers. "I hate my wings," she sighed. She was shut up by one look from Mathieu.
"You can't do anything about that now. Let's go." While Siaka was getting used to flying with an injured wing, her master turned back and held out his arm. With no struggle at all he fired two sonic booms in seemingly random directions. One headed towards the academy, which would temporarily stun the villagers. People used to the manipulation of elements would be fine. Also, the blast of air would let Danus know that Mathieu and the others were generally safe.
The second sonic boom would point Danus and any other dragon rider to their hiding place. Ordinary people wouldn't be able to make the connection.
Eventually Siaka caught up with Guardina. "No time for that! I'll see what I can do for your arm later!" Mathieu barked, leading his dragon to where he could recall was the hidden cave. After they'd cross the river, they'd be almost impossible to see through the trees in the way. If Christina got lost, then they'd have to wait until they were found again.

"Tailmount?" Eric looked up from the last broken gate. All they had to do left was escape. "I don't even know what that means!" But when Jasen's dragon came around again, he knew he had no choice but to figure it out. Reaching down to scoop Delven into his arms, he grabbed onto the other dragon's tail.
Eric had to bite his tongue to keep from screaming as he was flipped into the air. He let out the breath he didn't know he was holding when he ended up behind Jasen. "Oh. My. God. That was AWESOME!!! Let's do it again!" A grin practically split his face in two and he gazed down at the surprised villagers below.
On the other hand, Delven was a shaking mess against his chest. "I'd rather not..." he whimpered pathetically.

Toon Yoshi
06-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Christina nodded. She decided just to follow whoever she could see. She pulled Isobel and her dragon trying her best to ignore the jolt of pain in her arm onto Guardina and flew straight up until they were a decent length up. Guardina then followed Equinox, and Christina tightened her legs harder.

OliveBranched
06-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Isobel held tight to Thalassa as Guardina flew up. When the leveled out, Isobel managed to shout to Christina over the rushing air.

"Where are we going?"

Toon Yoshi
06-26-2013, 07:43 PM
"We'll see when we get there." she replied. She didn't know where exactly they were going, but had a feeling that the air teacher meant safety for them.