PDA

View Full Version : Mafia 2.0 OOC and Sign-Ups

Pages : [1] 2

Froggy
05-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Welcome to Mafia 2.0! This game will be hosted by myself [Juni_Bear], and my co-host [SQJPure]. This game contains a number of elements and players to keep it alive, and is rather...different than any other game on RPA. There are two main phases within this game, the 'Day' phase, and the 'Night' phase. The 'Day' phase is where the outspoken action happens, where the clues are left behind: this is for discussion purposes and voting. The ultimate goal of the day phase is to make a lynch, and be it the correct one.

The 'Night' phase belongs to the power roles, such as the mobsters. They decide which townies pose as a greater threat to them, and whom to kill. It is their responsibility to PM either myself, or SQJPure their final decisions. Each phase will last for up to [THREE] real-time days. Sign-ups for this game will last for two weeks, until 8:23PM USA Central time on Monday, May 6th, OR until we have enough players, at which point myself and Pure will be sending out role PMs to the players.

Please read the following rules, as it will help explain the game more in-depth. It is the ultimate goal of the mafia to win, and it is the ultimate goal of the townies to win...depending upon who's side you're on. The number of mafias depends upon the number of players we have in general, and in order for them to win, they must consume at least HALF of the population of players. In order for the town to win, they must kill off all of the mafia before it's too late. This is done through discussion and analyzing player posts, as well as strategy.

Rules:

1. Please, this is perhaps the most important rule of mafia games, no flame wars. This game can become rather competitive and you will be auto-lynched by the GM, myself, if it cannot be controlled.

2. The second most important rule in this game- you may NOT edit your posts. For this reason, Merry Gentry has so kindly agreed to allow double posting IN THIS GAME so long as it does not get out of hand. Again, if it does you will be auto-lynched.

3. Another important rule of mafia is this- you may NOT discuss details of this game with ANYONE outside of this thread. No plotting, no discussing any details about it. Naturally we cannot tell who is guilty of this and who is not, but if you are reported you will be auto-lynched. The only exception to this rule is the mafiosos whom are allowed to PM/ IM each other during the NIGHT PHASE ONLY and must remain silent during the day phases.

4. No role-claiming. That is, please do not post anything sent to you via PM from the GM in the thread itself/ to others. If you really, really have an inkling to post a role- be it a fake one, and with my permission. HOWEVER, in doing this, you will usually end up with a target on your back no matter what role you should claim. If you feel as though you are about to be lynched, you may claim, but only towards the end of the day cycle!

5. No posting in the ‘IC’ thread after you’ve been killed/ lynched, that is what this thread is for along with recruitment.

6. All forum rules apply to this game as well, with the exceptions that Merry has so kindly given us.

7. Please try to be active, it is unfair to the other players if someone is not posting and they will likely policy lynch you so they don’t have to worry about it. If you are inactive for more than two straight day phases, I will auto-kill you in the night.

8. Other rules may be added as the need arises.

1. 13 players minimum required to start the game, though there is an unlimited number of players.

2. There are no double-lynches.

3. The game will be separated into two phases- Day phase, in which everyone will discuss a player to lynch and why- and the night phase, in which those with action roles will send their action to the GM.

4. When voting who to lynch, use this format: Vote: Juni_Bear; likewise, if you wish to change your vote: Unvote: Juni_Bear, Vote: ? in bold so that I can see them. Votes WILL NOT be counted if they are not bolded.

I know this seems like a lot of rules, but believe me- these are only in place to allow a better gaming experience, since this is such a special game. Below is a description of the BASIC roles that will be used in this game, though it will likely expand depending upon the level of interest

Townie- The townie has no abilities or powers. The ultimate goal of the ‘townie’ is to stay alive and not get killed during the night, or lynched during the day. The townie may voice his/her opinion on whom they believe to be mafia, and, place votes on who to lynch. The townie is not allowed to discuss the game with anyone outside of the thread.

Mafia- YOU are the mafia. You have the ability to investigate players, kill players, or stop the potential actions of players. You are the only ones allowed to discuss the game via PM/IM during the NIGHT PHASE ONLY. You may not reveal your role in-thread, and you may not reveal the roles of your fellow mobsters. You are allowed to partake in the daytime discussions and cast your vote towards a lynch.

Etc. roles, depending upon the level of interest/ my creativity.

The GM’s word is law! I will be using this format to single out my posts. Please do not use this format in the game, thank you!

Without further adue, I will begin the sign-up sheet:

1. PPBG
2. Alanoth
3. Rho Aias VII
4. m139
5. k.u.r.e.y.u.k.u.
6. Natora
7. Bee Bear
8. Arcus
9. DoughGuy
10. Imp
11. Whitby
12. V
13. Craze
14. Toon Yoshi
15. Jeremor
16. Merry Gentry

With six players taken, I will be sending out PMs to those whom have reserved spots to see if they are still interested/ active. Feel free to start questioning and reserving! Remember, numbers are assigned by order of sign-ups!

There is no specific order of role assignment, and therefore numbers will be passed out based off of order of sign-ups. Please feel free to ask either myself, or SQJPure if you have any questions. Sign-ups will end on Wednesday, June 5th at an unknown time...though likely towards the evening hours. OR when we get 20 players, I think that will be our cut-off for this game.

Bee Bear
05-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Ooh, my death-partner's already signed up! Hiya Kure. :>

I'd like to reserve a spot as well, Juni. Thanks~

Arcus
05-22-2013, 11:05 PM
that makes me as well please

DoughGuy
05-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Count me in! Though this time get my name right please -_-

Chat Noir
05-23-2013, 04:18 AM
No need to PM me Juni, I'm totally still in.

And hello Darlin' *kisses the back of BB's hand*

m139
05-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Or to me. I still want to play.

Alanoth
05-23-2013, 05:56 PM
sweet its finally up!

Froggy
05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeay! I'm so glad to have you all in, now it's feedback time.

Are there any specific themes you guys might want to see in this game? Vampires vs. werewolves (Twilight version?), Harry Potter, etc.

What about clues? You guys talked about clues in the past game, and I would like suggestions while you guys are unbiased. What sort of clues should/if I include in my phase change posts? Anything? Any clues posted during the game itself?

You guys provide the feedback so I can make this a much better game, as well as any other changes you might like to see! <3 You are all awesome! P.s...did everyone get their regular badges for the last game?

Chat Noir
05-24-2013, 12:40 AM
I got my badge!

I think it might be fun if we made short little bios for our people instead of just playing as ourselves. Since, you know... last game all of us died or are evil! As for clues, I'm alright without them. I have played games where the GM would post an obscure picture that pointed, somehow, to a person in the game, though. Like, a picture of a badge that was issued only in a single year but didn't have the year actually on it so we'd have to dig to find it out. That year, when dashed, would be the month/day of the persons joining of the site. Thus, they'd be a mafia 'cause the clue lead to them.

As for themes... I'm quite alright with mafia for now. Any themes others want are perfectly fine as well. I roll with the punches!

Imp
05-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Ooooooo!

England
05-24-2013, 05:40 AM
I will tentatively sign up, but I don't think I would be of much help if figuring out who is a Townie and who is Mafia is going to be based on clues that would point towards who other people are.

Froggy
05-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Whiiiiitbyyy!

Glad you can join us, clues are still up for discussion so don't be too weary <3

Sign-UPS are two weeks for a reason other than a busy GM... I would love as much feedback/ as many players as possible, hence the long wait time <3

England
05-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Glad you can join us, clues are still up for discussion so don't be too weary <3

My only thought is that if I'm supposed to try to figure out who is townie and who is mafia based entirely on vague clues then newer users to this site that don't know people are only going to be a hindrance.

V
05-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Kure insists I join, so I'm here.

I don't know what I'm doing, assume I'll fail hilariously. Like my typing today.

DoughGuy
05-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes! V joined!

Froggy
05-24-2013, 07:58 AM
I was insanely scared when I saw you posted in this thread, V. I thought to myself...'what did I do now?' and then I saw your post and tried to rep you, but it says I have to spread it around first. -.-

Ubber glad to have you! Go k.u.r.e.!

Chat Noir
05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
(s_evil)

I almost got him to join the last one at the last minute but he was all "Nehhh..."

And this time I had to guilt him into it! I'm not proud of my methods. .-.

Bee Bear
05-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Yay! Vee~! Welcome to the madness. :>

V
05-24-2013, 08:32 AM
everyone gets scared when I post. Mainly because I use really scary pictures all the time.

Has not happened once ever

Froggy
05-24-2013, 08:36 AM
No, I think it's because purple>green XD

Arcus
05-24-2013, 12:31 PM
? V doesn't seem bad to me, I especially like how you and G have banana men in pajamas as your avatars^^

DoughGuy
05-24-2013, 12:39 PM
That V guy? Horrible man! Specially when he's drunk XD

Arcus
05-24-2013, 12:41 PM
XD

V
05-24-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm not going there Dough, not going there.

Arcus
05-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Also panda, I think some hints would be good. Nothing major of course, that would make it obvious and less fun as a whole. But something minor that gives us something to think about, :) would be cool. Then we wouldn't have to make up fake evidence.

England
05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
everyone gets scared when I post.
I'll try to keep that in mind in the future so that I can be scared like the cool kids when you're posting... but the purple is such a pleasant color and those banana people look friendly.

Bee Bear
05-24-2013, 02:44 PM
I'll try to keep that in mind in the future so that I can be scared like the cool kids when you're posting... but the purple is such a pleasant color and those banana people look friendly.

V's the friendlies guy on this site and let no one tell you differently, including him. XD

DoughGuy
05-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Ignore his attempts to pour molten icing over you, he is only checking if you're a terminator. He's such a good samaritan.

England
05-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm lactose intolerant so please keep that icing away from me as it would have butter and possibly other things I would find disagreeable to my health and well being.
*neglects to protest the molten part*

Arcus
05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
noted, now how do you feel about Nazguls' thong dancing?

England
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Thong dancing? If it's being done in a thread labeled "Mature" then I am sure it would be okay, but that's really up to the Green and Purple name people to decide. However I do question it's appropriateness if it is done just anywhere with no warning. You need to look out for those younger posters and people on their work computers. *nods*

Arcus
05-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Nazgul is a purple

England
05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Nazgul is a purple

Oh well then I would assume that those thong dances are 100% admin approved.

Arcus
05-24-2013, 03:16 PM
XD ya

Froggy
05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Whitby- more than you know -.- XD

Remember to stay on topic guys to avoid cluttering the thread <3 anymore suggestions?

Arcus
05-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Again, like I said in the previous one before. Is this fun for you as well? Because I feel like you should be able to have some fun in this game as well

V
05-24-2013, 03:49 PM
V's the friendlies guy on this site and let no one tell you differently, including him. XD

XD especially him!

Ignore his attempts to pour molten icing over you, he is only checking if you're a terminator. He's such a good samaritan.

I guess my suspicions of the Doughinator were wrong

I'm lactose intolerant so please keep that icing away from me as it would have butter and possibly other things I would find disagreeable to my health and well being.
*neglects to protest the molten part*

I could make a terrible icing sugar and.... water .... molten icing? -would be awful-

However I do question it's appropriateness if it is done just anywhere with no warning.

We all do D:

~~~

Edit, oh right, suggestions. Well er, I've got nothing.

England
05-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Whitby- more than you know -.- XD

Remember to stay on topic guys to avoid cluttering the thread <3 anymore suggestions?

I blame all of my off topic posts on the people with more posts and higher rep power as they were corrupting my innocence. Oh, I have some sneaky ideas... but these are things that I'm going to PM to you and leave everyone else wondering. [Need to go get breakfast.]

Froggy
05-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I love those kind of ideas! Yeay!

And oh yes Arcus, tis fun for me as well. What mod doesn't love pitting people *andadmins* against each other and watching them be killed off one by one?

:D

Alanoth
05-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I do! *waves hand* I like watching stuff and people DIE :D

Waarnemen
05-24-2013, 08:13 PM
I want to be in too~!

Wister
05-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Hmmh, that went by faster than I expected! :D

Rhomeo
05-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Heeey, I totally didn't get a PM to make sure I was still interested.

I mean, I still am, but... >;/

Speaking of suggestions, I'm fine with minor clues, obviously nothing big that really points out "Hey, this person did it" but minor things that suggest an individual or small group. They might even be clues we won't fully understand until later in the game, for instance. Kure's idea with a short bio wouldn't be bad either, a small paragraph from each person before they start posting isn't that big a thing to ask.

If we had to change the theme, my only suggestion would be werewolves. Why? Because werewolves are cool, obvs.

m139
05-25-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't think there should be clues, unless the mafia people themselves tell you the narrator to leave something at the crime scene. That would certainly be interesting.

Wister
05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't think that there should be hints. However, I've never played Mafia in a specifically roleplay setting either.

Froggy
05-27-2013, 06:15 PM
@ Yuuka- Are you able to join? I am not opposed in the slightest, but I am aware of your situation (signature + blog entry), and I am concerned by your timeliness. In this game, if you are inactive for more than [9] days straight, you are 'booted out'. Can you be relatively active with posting? :hugg:

@ PPBG- Yeay! I'm glad you're still in!

@ Rho- I'm sorry, I hadn't gotten around to sending any PMs yet, but it seems as though I don't need to anymore XD

@M139- I'm starting to wonder about the clues as well. It isn't very fair to the newbies who don't know the players well enough.

@ Everyone- I'm not sure how the 'bio' thing would work though, because others aren't supposed to know what roles are out there...not until the end of the game as in version 1.0. If we gave bios of the players, it would have to be of the players themselves...and even then, how could I give any 'clues' based off of those bios? Even through re-wording, they would stick out like a sore thumb and would be pointed out as killers/ powers or townies.

Any ideas? Don't worry Arcus, this game is plenty fun for me. I love making these games <3...plus we all get badges after! Woot!

And Naz has informed me that he's skipping this round, just for those of you who may be wondering. So instead of Naz, we get V XD...NO MORE THONG DANCES THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!! I'm SAAAAAAAAAAAAFE! XD

Arcus
05-27-2013, 06:18 PM
XD That should make it more fun, since you won't be danced on!

Chat Noir
05-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I think V should dance for us in a thong instead!

Only instead of a yellow thong it'll be a green one with a cactuar on it!

England
05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
I think V should dance for us in a thong instead!

Only instead of a yellow thong it'll be a green one with a cactuar on it!

/VETO

Chat Noir
05-27-2013, 11:46 PM
BUT I WANT A V THONG DANCE!! *throws a fit*

Anyways, Juni, about the bios I'm alright without them. They were just to add a little more fun, but I can see how they'd conflict with what you have in mind. C:

Wister
05-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Question: How are we supposed to play?
I noticed that most were writing in first person, but that goes against common roleplay rules --generally third person is preferred. May we write in first person? May we use asterisks?
(When I played, we simply chatted and stated out accusations after a while. There wasn't much roleplaying involved.)

England
05-28-2013, 01:11 AM
I've done a game where the only roleplaying that occurred was when I forfeited the game by skipping town so even though I haven't roleplayed mafia here, I would say that it can be done!

Chat Noir
05-28-2013, 02:22 AM
I didn't know there were rules about role-playing in third person!

I'm pretty sure you can write however much you want, but since this is chat you need at least one sentence "spoken."

Whether that means you actually put it in quotation marks, or put everything that isn't spoken in asterisks is up to you.

It's a chat RP! They're mostly for quick fun anyways C:

m139
05-28-2013, 04:02 AM
You didn't read all the Guide to Post thingys on this website before posting? *shocker*

Ok, not really. There are probably very few people who do that. Very few. And even fewer who remember it afterwards. But anyways...
I'm not quite sure how to use the quote thing so...
as said by Gabriel Zero on "A Guide To Roleplaying" (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=299)
"If you have a choice of perspectives, first person perspective is simpler, but third person perspective is preferred"

Not that it matters much... I just thought it an interesting matter to bring up.

Chat Noir
05-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Well, I just got served, didn't I.

*goes to sulk in the corner*

The only thing that can cheer me up now is a thong dance :C

Wister
05-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks k.u.r.e. :)

I feel bad for besting a moderator, yet I'm kind of happy too...
Anyway, thanks m139 for the backup. ;) ...I didn't read that, but whatever! I read that somewhere else. ^^'

Froggy
05-28-2013, 08:43 PM
This isn't stated in the rules yet (changing it next) but I -prefer- third person with good grammar. I hate asterisks and believe they should be kept to PM RP only, but those are my personal views. I'm not asking for alot, as previously stated the minimum requirement is one sentence of roleplay. You can accuse all you want out of "character" after that.

Even if your one line for the entire game is who you vote for and why, that's fine. I just really, really want good grammar and third person. PM me if you have issues with this and we'll discuss <3 I know a fair amount of vs 1.0 was done in first, but the grammar was fair and Iskippedhalfthepoststhatdidnthavevotesinthem XD so I'm willing to be a little more lenient so long as the grammar is decent.

<3

DoughGuy
05-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh ... third person ... the one time I'm enjoying first person XD

It'll feel weird calling myself Dough, I'll need to give myself a nickname every post.

Arcus
05-28-2013, 10:36 PM
I kinda agree with Dough, first person was kinda fun.

Froggy
05-28-2013, 11:04 PM
hmmm. First person with exceptional grammar then? I just don't want asterisks and poor grammar is all... I like structure.

Arcus
05-28-2013, 11:05 PM
understandable and I will try my best with the grammer.

Wister
05-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Depending what the majority will use, I may switch to first person.

Are we to write in past or present tense? (AKA: What does the narrators/GMs want to write in this round?)

m139
05-28-2013, 11:46 PM
I also would enjoy first person.
The only reason I posted about the third person thing is because my obsessive reading habits actually led me to learn something somewhat pertinent to the discussion. That's usually not the case. (ever skimmed through an entire end-user's license agreement? They're rather repetitive)

Chat Noir
05-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Kureyuku, "The needy one {TNO}", is still sulking in the corner after getting served. He has no preference over third or first person, however in his current mood he has no will to actually voice his opinion, or realistically his lack thereof, and so instead he simply sits in the corner. A figurative cloud hovers above him, raining liquid depression on him, and taunts him, reminding him that he's never going to get a thong dance from either Nazgul or V.

TNO is very sad at this and shrinks further in upon himself, pulling his knees closer to his chest and sniffling loudly while trying to keep the tears in. It's semi-successful, which is more than he expected after all of the hateful comments from the rain cloud.

England
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
England glares at the person who caused Kureyuku to enter his current depressed state as if threatening to invade.

m139
05-29-2013, 01:15 AM
m139 catches England's glare and stares back, smug. "What?" she says, "Any guy who's been on longer than me, and is also a green, had plenty of time to read the posts. It wasn't like I was trying to make him depressed. Not my fault his self esteem can so easily be crushed."

Then, seeing kureyuka is STILL depressed, and hasn't gotten over it after all this time, says slightly more kindly, "It's okay. I doubt that even one half of all the people on this thread actually read that page before posting." With that, she looks up, and gives England an I-bet-you-didn't-read-it-either stare and a smirk.

Wister
05-29-2013, 02:09 AM
A teenaged girl frowns slightly at Kureyuku's unhappiness. Soon her face reverts to its placid expression. She takes a sketchbook from under her arm, where she had been holding it. She opens it and reaches into her pocket for a pencil. Finding one, she begins to draw.
~~~~
Within a minute or two, she walks over to Kureyuku. She holds out a piece of paper towards him.

...along with a drawing.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/148/6/0/kure_bunny_by_ppbg-d66z7m6.png

Chat Noir
05-29-2013, 02:13 AM
TNO starts to bawl his eyes out and reaches out to take the drawing. He brings it close to his chest and holds it there out of love.

"Y-yo-you're the b-b-best e-ever," he manages to sniffle out. He smiles lopsidedly as tears and snot run down his face.

Wister
05-29-2013, 02:23 AM
The girl smiles. She blushes and says, "Thank you..." Normally, she would have replied with a comment about how that wasn't true, but decides against it. She simply accepts the praise, which was more than enough. Playing peacekeeper is something she did often, but not one she is particularly good at.

She turns her back to Kureyuku but stands next to him in what one might call a protective manner. The girl leans against the wall and looks to the others in the room.

m139
05-29-2013, 02:51 AM
At this point, m139 decides to step out of the argument. After all, the odds were pretty bad. If she chose to fight, it would be her against two and a half other people, the half being TNO, who, at this moment, is probably so depressed that his fighting effectiveness is probably down to less than a third. Even so, a battle between two and a half and one will probably end badly for the one. Besides, she must save her strength for the later fight. The fight, or at least, serious irritation, that is bound to happen when a certain fifth person views this thread and discovers a bunch of "clutter" posts. Plus, she had put "had" instead of "has had" on her previous post. Someone (if they bothered to notice and didn't skim over it) was bound to be irritated by that awful grammar. Yes, it was probably best to make an exist for now. With that, she sneaked out of the forum, and went to bed for an entire day.

Froggy
05-29-2013, 03:57 AM
So...do you guys think you can turn that fantastic writing into roleplay for mafia 2.0, or would you like to stick with the style used in 1.0? It's up to the players really, so long as I continue to receive that quality of writing...especially now that I know you ALL are capable of it <3

Edit: Also, you guys need to start recruuuuuuiting. We only have 12 players and we need at least 13 for the game to start. I'll bug Merry to see if I can get her to join thiiiiiiiis round ^_^

Chat Noir
05-29-2013, 04:40 AM
TNO decides that he will do whatever Juni wishes of him, as she has the qualities of a leader and she instills a fear inside of him that causes his insides to churn whenever she looks at him. He can't imagine what it would be like if she actually released her wrath upon him.

He sniffles once more, trying to quell the fountain of tears leaking from his eyes.

England
05-29-2013, 04:53 AM
England decides to point something out to Juni_Bear. "You still have me listed on the first page as Whitby, my old user name. I'm only mentioning it so that it doesn't confuse anyone into thinking I'm two different people thus also causing them to think you already have thirteen players."

Craze
05-29-2013, 06:56 AM
WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THIS?

*writes his own name in the list*

Arcus
05-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I know a couple of people I may be able to bug get to join

Bee Bear
05-29-2013, 11:52 AM
When trying to think of who I can try and recruit ... I realize how few people I know. XD

Wister
05-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Hearing the GM's voice, the girl listened. She smiled for a moment about the writing piece; she preferred it. However, on the topic of recruiting, she was lacking. The girl didn't know many people here; the ones in the room made up the majority. Still, she began to write a note to another person she had met here on the forums.

Craze
05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
What? o_o... this is what you call an 'OOC'... not an IC...

Wister
05-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I know. We were just playing around. ;)

Chat Noir
05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
What? o_o... this is what you call an 'OOC'... not an IC...

TNO wants Craze to stop shitting on his dreams.

As far as recruiting went... TNO will see what he can do. V's a pretty big catch though, in his opinion, so he shouldn't have to do anything else. He wipes the liquids off of his face with a large tissue and begins to ponder who he can pester into joining.

Craze
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I shit wherever and whenever I want! *stare*

Toon Yoshi
06-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I'd like to reserve a spot!

Arcus
06-01-2013, 01:47 AM
^^ glad you like it Toon

Froggy
06-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Spot 13 reserved!

Has anyone bugged Golden about this round?

Arcus
06-02-2013, 03:51 AM
no, want me to go and try?

Alanoth
06-02-2013, 09:40 PM
do we almost have enough players? :0

Toon Yoshi
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
We have 13, but Juni waants to know if Golden can join.

Froggy
06-03-2013, 02:04 AM
while 13 is the minimum more would be ideal... The more players involved, the more rounds we can have and power roles. Sign ups will end on the 5th and the role PMs will be sent...same format as last game, PM me back to confirm you have received your roles and then the IC will be posted.

Arcus
06-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Goldchu says she will not be joining us this time around

Craze
06-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's great that I was added to the list.. :sarcasm:

Froggy
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I haven't been on my PC yet! Sue me or do it yourself, or wait until tonight when I can! XD <3

Alanoth
06-04-2013, 04:51 AM
yeah leave Juni alone!

Toon Yoshi
06-04-2013, 10:53 AM
The deadline draws near…

Arcus
06-05-2013, 02:53 AM
^^ indeed

Froggy
06-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Tomorrow night I'll send out role PMs <3

Arcus
06-05-2013, 03:35 AM
:D Can't wait Panda, this is going to be fun!

Froggy
06-06-2013, 03:45 AM
So...unexpectedly got called into work today, and just now getting home...I'll send out the PMs tomorrow, and end the sign-ups, and start the IC...sorry guys! <3

Chat Noir
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Let's get this party started!

:kure:

Bee Bear
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Indeed! *BeeBear*

Froggy
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't kill a fellow mod!

I'll do everything I can after school...five more bloody hours...

Arcus
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
:) We can wait for something like this Panda

DoughGuy
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Juni if you quickly PM me everyone's roles I can PM each person individually :lalala:

Bee Bear
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Sneaky Dough is sneaky. *stare*

Jeremor
06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah sure, guess I'll sign up again. See if I make it past the first round this time.

Bee Bear
06-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Welcome, lief. -luv-

Arcus
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
...XD DOUGH DIDN'T YOU TRY THAT LAST ROUND AS WELL?!

DoughGuy
06-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Maybe :lalala:
I just know Juni is a busy person and want to help!

Arcus
06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
...Maybe we should tie you up then! So you don't get any secrets!

Froggy
06-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Gee, last time I was complaining about the 90 second thing. Now I'm busy. Dough, maybe you should co-GM instead of play if you want to know everyone's role....

Welcome back Jeremor!

- - - Updated - - -

Gee, last time I was complaining about the 90 second thing. Now I'm busy. Dough, maybe you should co-GM instead of play if you want to know everyone's role....

Welcome back Jeremor!

Chat Noir
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Whoo, the roles are out! :>

Froggy
06-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Yeeeees, just waiting on confirmation :)

Toon Yoshi
06-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Confirmation? We have to give you the 'okay?'

Froggy
06-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Basically just informing me that you've gotten your role PM, which most of you have. I'm only waiting on a few more <3

Toon Yoshi
06-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh! How many more?

Wister
06-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Oh, I didn't realize that we had to reply. Oops. ^^'

V
06-08-2013, 02:20 AM
totally not me! B(

Arcus
06-08-2013, 04:05 AM
replied as well

- - - Updated - - -

replied as well

Froggy
06-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Just need one more then will start the IC.

Or, I can torture you lot with my mod powers and create the IC but lock it from posting XD!

DoughGuy
06-08-2013, 07:11 AM
*cough* *points to green name* *cough*
XD

Froggy
06-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Yes, there are two other greens and a purple to. I can always lock it back Dough XD

Craze
06-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Pumped for this!

Hope I'll survive a little longer than 2 days on this one *stare*

Toon Yoshi
06-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Hopefully I'll last at all( not getting auto-lynched).

Merry
06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Are there still spots available for this?

Rhomeo
06-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Please say there's a spot open for Merry, that'd be awesome.

Also, before any of you start giving me looks, I already replied. :|

Froggy
06-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Totally forgot about your post Merry (sorry :( ) and yes, there is most certainly a spot for you! Still waiting on M to confirm, so I'll send you a role PM as well...so glad you can join us this time!

Natora
06-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Don't worry Craze. I won't hurt you this time.

Alanoth
06-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I've never played such roll before in all of my time ever playing MAfia irl, so this hsould be fun ^_^ hope I live past day 1, if not I hold no grudges

V
06-09-2013, 08:02 AM
I unlike Alanoth, will hold multiple grudges if I am killed off early. -totally not sarcasm man-

Craze
06-09-2013, 09:17 AM
If I am lynched before the third day, I will hold a grudge. Against all of you. *stare*

Merry
06-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Awesome! I'm still not 100% sure how this game works, but I'm ready! It looks like fun :)

Oh.. and I will hold ZERO grudges, against anyone should my untimely demise arrive in this game, sooner than later, cause I'm just awesome like that. Unless its V that kills me off, in which case all bets are OFF.
*stare*

England
06-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I think that everyone who is killed off should get to sit around like ghost observers in Stardust without talking about who they think/know is Mafia and who isn't.

Merry
06-09-2013, 02:00 PM
*yuppers* I like that idea!

and Yes - consider this my confirmation of your message Mz Pink

btw is Pure still your co-gm on this one?

Froggy
06-09-2013, 02:16 PM
I haven't gotten confirmation yet but I would liiike for him to be...ill PM him today :'(

V
06-09-2013, 02:54 PM
D: I see Merry!

I seeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Froggy
06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Still no confirmation from M, but I see no reason to continue to hold this up...

IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44911&p=1500578#post1500578)!

And....I suppose that either first or third person is okay, now that I know all of you are capable of such wonderful grammar ^_^

Chat Noir
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
And BAM. Suck it, I got first post.

FIRST, FIRST, HUEHUEHUE, FIRST POST.

Anyways, on this whole grudges thing, I won't hold a grudge on anyone if they kill me. But I will get revenge, so be careful ~Luck~

Craze
06-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I will hold a grudge and get revenge.

*stare*

Arcus
06-09-2013, 03:33 PM
...I won't hold any grudges, I see it as a simple waste of time to bear one.

Chat Noir
06-09-2013, 03:45 PM

You've got to bee kidding.

Craze
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Well, I guess we can state who's NOT mafia...

Arcus
06-09-2013, 03:54 PM
You've got to bee kidding.

No, I'm not I was being completely sincere with what I said.

Well, I guess we can state who's NOT mafia...

Really? Who?

Craze
06-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Well, since you said you don't hold grudges and the mafia holds grudges and...

You know what, screw it. *walks away*

Chat Noir
06-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Lol, Arcus I was just making a punny joke.

Bee Bear... you said bear, I said bee... geddit?

Arcus
06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, since you said you don't hold grudges and the mafia holds grudges and...

You know what, screw it. *walks away*

:) I see what you mean Craze, now get back here. So we can have a tea party

Lol, Arcus I was just making a punny joke.

Bee Bear... you said bear, I said bee... geddit?

XD I see what you mean, was wondering why you had put two es

Wister
06-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Apparently there's a main room and a kitchen to the building... Anything else? What's the function of the building?

Arcus
06-09-2013, 08:51 PM
A starting place?

Ragnarok
06-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh oh! can i join too?

Wister
06-09-2013, 09:19 PM
A starting place?
Yes.
But I'm asking if this was a normal place and not just so we can hold a game.

Arcus
06-09-2013, 09:22 PM
fair point and maybe Dark, since no one has been killed yet.

Ragnarok
06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
okay.

Merry
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I would say you have to wait for the GM / Miss Pink sir Knight... but she will probably let you jump in. I'm sure she'll be here eventually tonight.

Sorry if I confused you PPBG - when the first few posts, were posted... I just thought of a restaurant setting and I was hungry at the time... so.. yeah :)

Arcus
06-10-2013, 01:05 AM
:) the lasagna sounded good to me too, you made me hungry reading it.

Ragnarok
06-10-2013, 01:08 AM
Alrighty. I will wait.

Wister
06-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Sorry if I confused you PPBG - when the first few posts, were posted... I just thought of a restaurant setting and I was hungry at the time... so.. yeah :)
It's fine. I wasn't too confused, more like curious.
And I agree, the lasagna sounded good.

Merry
06-10-2013, 02:03 AM
:XD: ok... so I'm making lasagne for you all then?!

Froggy
06-10-2013, 02:04 AM
You're in Knight....I'll send you a role PM shortly :hugg:

And...stupid me realized that I opened a MAFIA game without a death at the beginning -_-

Ragnarok
06-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Lol. and YES! i wonder what role i shall be getting this time. :)

Merry
06-10-2013, 02:06 AM
well.. the lasagna didn't Kill ANYONE.. yet... =)

Chat Noir
06-10-2013, 02:08 AM
It's okay Juni, I helped you out. Instead, it's a theft/mystery!

You're welcome!

Ragnarok
06-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Death by Lasagna...I would love to die that way. XD

Arcus
06-10-2013, 02:12 AM
XD Don't jinx it!

Froggy
06-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Don't have a CLUE what you're talking about z.e.n

Ragnarok
06-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Ooooh Riight... <.< >.>

Alanoth
06-10-2013, 03:47 AM
woot glad we're finally underway! btw, i never caught on, how will we know when the night phase begins?

Natora
06-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Miss Pink will tell us. She gives us a time limit and keeps us going on how long we have :)

Froggy
06-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Typically about three days per phase, unless I am busy (school/ exams) or unless more time is needed for the players themselves <3

Chat Noir
06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Don't have a CLUE what you're talking about z.e.n

Nobody was murdered at the beginning of the round, but instead my meatballs were stolen! So, the first round is trying to figure out who stole it!

Obvs.

-pff-

Arcus
06-10-2013, 02:35 PM
XD didn't we decide it was the rat?

m139
06-10-2013, 04:23 PM
So... We're supposed to lynch the person who we think stole the meatballs?

The death penalty seems a little harsh for the crime... unless they we're REALLY good meatballs

Arcus
06-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Well we can go a round without voting, so long as we make sure and vote the next. It is what we did at the beginning of the last game too

m139
06-10-2013, 04:37 PM
yes, but you do realize the chances of winning if you are not mafia decrease with every night phase?

Arcus
06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, but think if some one is lynchened and they aren't mafia . Then that just makes it worse, than if you just hadn't voted at all,

m139
06-10-2013, 04:48 PM
But in the night at least one non mafia member will die. usually. It is to the citizen's best interest to eliminate a mafia member while they still have the greatest majority of votes.

Arcus
06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Maybe so but what if they miss? Then all because of a meatball they would be two down, instead of one

m139
06-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I suppose. But because of the meatball there is a chance to be even: minus one mafia and minus one town member.

With no votes, the mafia will be able to kill a greater amount of the townspeople that night than the townspeople mafia.

Arcus
06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
fair enough, so I suppose we will simply agree to disagree?

m139
06-10-2013, 05:51 PM
agreed

Arcus
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
^^ ok, now that that is settled. Who is ready for some lasagna?

Toon Yoshi
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
'Ey! I finally posted!

Wister
06-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Maybe we can just do an introduction day and then the game 'officially' starts with someone dying.

Arcus
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
k, sounds interesting. Lets' see what panda thinks about it

m139
06-10-2013, 09:10 PM
that sounds good. I hope it goes through

Froggy
06-10-2013, 09:43 PM
I plan to RP a death sooner or later today. Just because there wasn't one in the beginning doesn't mean you shouldn't vote, there are STILL mafia in the game.

England
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I feel lost already. I don't see an in character thread... or is the person Miss Pink going to kill off today going to be offed in this thread? [I hope I'm not breaking the typical "don't talk in the evening phase" rule by asking that.]

Bee Bear
06-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Here's the IC, England. :)

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44911

Froggy
06-10-2013, 11:32 PM
I just kill a random person England, not an actual player <3... That wouldn't be fair. I never kill yall unless the rules are broken :hugg:

m139
06-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Still, voting to kill a person off should be done for a lot more than stealing meatballs. Anyways, that is the only reason I'm waiting for a dead body to appear before voting.

(in crime world: killing someone > stealing meatballs, I think)

England
06-11-2013, 02:20 AM
I just kill a random person England, not an actual player <3... That wouldn't be fair. I never kill yall unless the rules are broken :hugg:

But... but... Think of poor nameless NPC dude/gal of unknown gender that you're killing off. What of his/her/it's imaginary friends and family that will miss NPC but nooooo. You had to go and off that NPC. How fair is that?

Arcus
06-11-2013, 02:24 AM
:( That makes me feel bad

Ragnarok
06-11-2013, 05:33 AM
She was the chosen one!

everything seems better when the victim was "Chosen" by a higher power. in this case that higher power being the Mafia.

V
06-11-2013, 09:19 AM
curious, since I have never played this before,

we can vote for someone now, yeah?

Rhomeo
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
You can, yeah.

Probably a tad early to do that, but I only say that because I haven't interacted with anyone yet and have no idea who could be who. XD

Arcus
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
...You sure England? Because the last ghost we had, said he was going to thong dance us all as punishment for dying

Rhomeo
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Nazgul breaks the rules of causality, man.

Arcus
06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
....Fair point

Froggy
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
No thong dances from the pink one :P

Arcus
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
XD I know Panda, just remembering last game

Rhomeo
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
No thong dances? I'm dissapointed.

Merry
06-12-2013, 12:55 AM
-secretly glad to have missed the thong dancing-

Toon Yoshi
06-12-2013, 01:09 AM
I missed the dances last time. Actually, I missed all of last time. :3

England
06-12-2013, 02:10 AM
-also secretly glad to have missed the thong dancing as people only speak ill of it-

Rhomeo
06-12-2013, 02:16 AM
People only speak ill? Shennanigans! I enjoyed it!

Froggy
06-12-2013, 03:23 AM
*shows love for murderous citizens with a pink dance*

I could have sworn I'd posted a hammer-drop date, but I guess not -_-

I hammer-dropped anyway, and ALL night actions are due by 8PM Central timezone on Monday, June 17th.

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 12:00 AM
The stupid luck that a Mafia member is killed on the first night.

Congratulations, guys, the odds have been beaten, however this game turns out is beautiful simply because of that.

Toon Yoshi
06-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Yay to M139!

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 12:04 AM
I'd like to speculate as to why the other Mafia members didn't jump to Knight's rescue...

But that would be breaking the rules! =D

Toon Yoshi
06-13-2013, 12:06 AM
A) It would reveal themselves
and
B ) What use is a collector?

Froggy
06-13-2013, 12:14 AM
You will have to discover those answers for yourself, Toshi, should the opportunity be granted to you.........

Toon Yoshi
06-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Yeah, before I get pink danced.

Froggy
06-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Better than thong danced XD!

Toon Yoshi
06-13-2013, 12:22 AM
XD

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 01:14 AM
What use is a collector, huh? Ah, innocence of youth, how I miss it.

England
06-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Maybe the mafia collector is into things that require collecting like trading card games and spends his time at night blocking townie actions by challenging them to games of Magic the Gathering or something... i.e. I really don't know what that role would do either.

Chat Noir
06-13-2013, 01:53 AM
I bet the collector's like that guy in wars that wears his victim's heads on him like a belt.

You're pretty sick, Knight. *stare*

Froggy
06-13-2013, 02:50 AM
All of you are wrooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Dead wrong.

:XD:!

England
06-13-2013, 02:57 AM
Oh! I know!! The mafia collector wants to be the very best, the best there ever was because he collects pokemon but because he's an evil pokemon master/collector, he sends them off to battle with and kill unsuspecting innocent townsfolk. I would say that we can all sleep safer this night due to knowing we will not be murdered in our sleep and eaten by evil pikachu, but his equally evil co-horts still remain.

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 03:28 AM
If I had to hazard a guess...

It has something to do with murder.

V
06-13-2013, 04:48 AM
well that was interesting... XD

Ragnarok
06-13-2013, 05:33 AM
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PMS SENT FROM THE GM, EVEN IF YOU ARE DEAD!!!

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Knight, bro, giving away how your role works kind of...
Takes away a smidgen of the fun. XD Although, since you're dead, I don't suppose it matters too much considering your demise.

England
06-13-2013, 05:56 AM
I agree with food that posting what your role does spoils the fun but since I am still on cool down before I can increase anyone's reputation, I will just proceed to frown at Knight.

*England frowns at Knight.*

Ragnarok
06-13-2013, 06:14 AM
D: *Runs and hides*

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 07:28 AM
By all that's holy man, at least put it in a spoiler.

Toon Yoshi
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Well if we were told he was a collector, we should just assume our characters (even if they are morans) know what that means, but I thought it would be like a treasurer who keeps the money.

m139
06-13-2013, 01:10 PM
yes! My guess was right!

Froggy
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PMS SENT FROM THE GM EVEN IF YOU ARE DEAD OR YOU WILL NOT GET A BADGE.

Arcus
06-13-2013, 02:24 PM
....Wow, I obviously missed something

Craze
06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Somebody didn't read the rules. *puts hands in sides and frowns at Knight*

Arcus
06-13-2013, 02:45 PM
:( Bad knight bad

Froggy
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Okay it's night phase guys...townies ought to be asleep rather than discussing things

Craze
06-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Oh. Right. *sleeps*

Ragnarok
06-13-2013, 04:41 PM
wAIT...WAS THE PMS THING IN THE RULES? D: there was so much i just skimmed over it...

Arcus
06-13-2013, 04:50 PM
indeed it was in the rules

Ragnarok
06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Dang...

Froggy
06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Ignorance if the rules is not an excuse o.-

The rules are in place, for this game in particular, to keep things running smooth and fair to others. Many games are duplicated on both sides, so by quoting my PMs you run the risk of exposing another person's role. I'm not saying that's the case here, but rules are in place to be read for a REASON. I know it's a lot, but it isn't fair to the people who know the rules and play by them.

Ragnarok
06-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Okie dokie. i will keep that in mind.

England
06-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Okay it's night phase guys...townies ought to be asleep rather than discussing things

Since the no posting in the OOC thread during the night phase rule was not actually posted anywhere in either the PM I received or in this thread itself, I can't be the only person who honestly didn't know we couldn't post in the OOC thread. [Because I thought this thread was for random dumb questions and not actually playing the game like when I asked where the IC thread was as I couldn't find it.]

Please don't say that ignorance of a rule not stated anywhere isn't an excuse. -_-

Froggy
06-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Well, last game discussion in the OOC wasn't allowed, and I tried to let it slide this game until things got a little chaotic. It's the same concept as the game we played on the other forum, England...at least in regards to the phases themselves.

That isn't actually in the rules, I just prefer no discussion about the game itself during the night phase as it defeats the purpose.

Rhomeo
06-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Right, so, no discussion about the game, right?
Guys, I have my last exam today~ Freedom to roleplay any time I want is within my grasp!

Arcus
06-15-2013, 02:47 PM
I know we aren't suppose to post here during the night phase, but thought that everyone should know that. I may not be able to get on this coming week and so I do apologize for that, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Froggy
06-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Noted, thanks for the advance notice <3 night phase is still active until tomorrow night... Come on people, send me your actiiions! <3

Craze
06-16-2013, 06:54 PM
meep

Toon Yoshi
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Only 9 hours and 46 minutes until the theoretical day phase! But who's counting? I'm surely not! XD

Froggy
06-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Until the theoretical day phase :P

Toon Yoshi
06-17-2013, 06:10 PM
That's what I said! :D

Froggy
06-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Yup. Should be sometime today. Gotta catch up with RPs, PMs, studying, and then day phase <3

Toon Yoshi
06-17-2013, 06:47 PM
I have nothing to do.

Craze
06-17-2013, 07:40 PM
I have so much to do... but I love procrastinating. <3

Froggy
06-17-2013, 09:34 PM
About to start dinner, then mod stuff (craze knows :P) and then I'll post after...maybe another 3-4hoursish give or take? Shouldn't be any later than 8pm central time zone <3

Toon Yoshi
06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Why do they have time zones anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do they have time zones anyway?