PDA

View Full Version : Knight Hunters: Project Shine

TZS
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Knight Hunters: Project Shine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Jipsie/SFCropSmall.jpg

There are worlds within worlds. Forces behind the powers that be. No machine is without it’s ghosts. Government, economics, religion- Society is a carefully brokered anarchy; one man's puppets, dancing on another man's strings to still yet someone else's tune.

Kritiker. The Critical Eye. Bridling men to hunt the monsters of society... Some would claim it is more accurate, more honest, to say the organization makes beasts of hunted men society has failed. It takes one to know one, after all.

You die when you join Kritiker. Always, and at any time, you are allowed to walk away; reject any order, refuse any mission, for the simple reason that you can't- You have nowhere else to go. You live on borrowed time, just waiting for the angel of death to wrap his hands around your neck and drag you off. You shoulder the cross you are dealt and hope the price you were offered for your soul is worth it in the end.

Sometimes it is.

Kritiker targets corruption, exposing those people or organizations who would prey on the innocent who depend on them. A secret society unlike the Illuminati; seeking the ultimate truth- whatever that is, or the Freemasons; standing sentinel over the world's lost riches, or even Eszett; God (...more likely the Devil) only knows what they thought they were trying to do... Kritiker merely avenges where the trust has proved horribly misplaced.

Vengeance is a better word than "justice". Because it isn't justice. Kritiker likes to sew pretty words on what they do. "Knights". "Vigilantes". The ever poetic-but-admittedly-rather-long-winded; "Hunting the Darkness that Plagues the Human Condition." But you can't change what's done. You can't make it right. You can only stop it from happening again. Not justice. Just revenge.

But even Kritiker is not immune to the irony of it all...

Or, perhaps, Kritiker especially is not immune to the irony of it all. With the former director's murder the organization was nearly torn apart by the long festering ambitions among it's own ranks. In the end it was the man's pet assassin team, Project Weiss, that were forced to step in and clean up the mess. In the wake of the purge Kritiker's new head has dispatched these, the organizations most trusted agents, to make contact with surviving operatives and re-organize. Business as usual.

The world does not stop turning because we, for a moment, were overcome.

_

TZS
06-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Yea, yea I know I said next week. I got impatient.

Anime Based Role Plays are tricky; too often I see people trying to either re-hash the anime cannon (I see no reason for this, personally) or get all their favorite character pairings together (which in most cases turns into straight up Character Butchery- of which I am violently disapproving), or try to crossover too many series until it all just spirals to crap and I personally, would be overwhelmed.

I'm hoping to expand a bit on the anime universe while keeping true to the theme and structure of the original series- In this case Project Weiss Kreuz: Knight Hunters.

Being a somewhat obscure series outside the realms of crazed yaoi fangirls I've tried to allow for players to have basically no knowledge of cannon. Same anime universe, but working on practically the other side of the world. It's about spies, working undercover at lame day jobs and ridding the world of evil at night while trying not to be stabbed in the back by their own organization. And each other, occasionally. We aren't out to win and kind of award for best story. Just have fun. You do not have to play a cannon character, I am only doing so to help guide the plot. (Cough.)

That being said this RP will be Rated T+ for violence, language, and general dark/weird/adult content. That being said does not mean you have free reign to gore civilians, cuss us blue (Unless the situation really, really calls for it. Seriously, Omi- it's a giant razor toothed tentacle monster and what comes out of your mouth? "Oh no!"?) or post anything graphically sexual. Blah, blah, you know the drill. We aren't kids, but the RP board is visible to non-members, and I don't want to have to put this in the Mature section. If I do have to, I want it to be plot/activity related, not because your character like to swear.

And One Last Note concerning Schwarz-for anyone who knows or cares: NO. If I decide to do a Schwarz RP, it will be made of appropriate awesome, but this is a Weiss RP; any cameos Schwarz will make they will be NPCs. Anyone can mention them or use them in a post, but no one will be playing a Schwarz character specifically. We are the good guys. (Snort.) We don't get Super-Powers.

Now I need a team of at least two people to start. Three would be awesome. I don't dare hope for more...

Currently, I have Project Shine's handlers set up as NPC's, but if someone would like to play one or both of them they can, or if they would like the role of handler for their own character (The only requirement is that she be drop dead gorgeous- tradition and all that...) my NPC's can just disappear. People do that in this show. Suspiciously often... You can be an old hand at Kritiker's doings, a brand new recruit, or anything in between- even a passerby caught up in all this by mistake. You don't have to have a past relationship with other players, working or otherwise (Unless you get your heads together and decide you want to try to screw with mine. Head. Screw with my head. Nevermind. It looks awkward no matter how I put it.); Shine is a brand new team.

-

Character Sheet

Code Name: (As you will be working in a bar, I would recommend something alcohol related.)
Name: (This will be based in San Francisco, you can be any nationality, born in America or Immigrated or Whatever.)
Age: (I should hope this is self explanatory. Kritiker doesn't pick up idiots. Well, sometimes they do...)
Physical Description: (Kritiker does not keep photos on file, but I'd like a picture along with a physical description because I'm...more...visually oriented...?)
Specialty: (Computers? Reconnaissance? Strategy? Combat? What are you good at? What does Kritiker use you for?)
Weapon: (All Kritiker agents are armed. You may not choose to use a gun in your life, for work or for self defense, but you will have one, and you will keep it loaded.)
Psychological Evaluation: (Your Personality. "Psychological Evaluation" just sounds cooler...)
Work History: (How you came to work for Kritiker, and what you do for them- or were doing for them before things went to hell. Your bio, essentially.)
Surviving Relatives: (To be notified if something happens to you. Or... yanno... to possibly be kidnapped by mutant cultists... It happens...)

By way of Example:

Code Name: Weiss
Name: Aya Fujimiya
Physical Description: 5'6", Japanese, Red Hair, Blue Eyes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Jipsie/Weiss_Kreuz_Aya_by_majochan.jpg

Specialty: Investigation and execution. He stands out too much to be used in regular undercover work, but for long term assignments (or missions unlikely to leave witnesses) there are few agents more capable.
Weapon: Beretta 8000 Cougar; accurate, reliable, a basic, emergency use handgun Aya rarely has use for, and a plain, un-signed shinken katana he prefers.
Psychological Evaluation: Aya is a fairly classical "loner"; intelligent, serious, not completely ruthless, but focused.

Work History: A former waiter, Aya has been one of Kritiker’s elite operatives for over nine years. He was originally picked up by Kritiker after the murder of his parents and offered the only two things he felt he had left in life: revenge, and the care and protection of his then comatose younger sister. It is not such an unusual story for Kritiker operatives. If they can't get you by the balls they will have you by the heart. Aya got his revenge, and his sister is safe and recovering well… Kritiker disbanded Weiss once, and Aya coped, but didn’t know quite what to do with himself. You can’t go home again was a very literal problem for him, and he’s not of the opinion people of his circumstance are safe to leave wandering about. He trusts the new director of Kritiker almost implicitly, to do what needs to be done, and to do what ought to be done. A very dangerous combination in someone licensed to kill.

Surviving Relatives: His younger sister, Aya Fujimiya. The real Aya Fujimiya (There are a grand total of maybe ten people alive who know Aya's real name and exactly two who are allowed to use it.), currently still living in Japan under Kritiker's protection. She knows very little about her brother's life, but he keeps close tabs on her.

TZS
06-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Cast Thus Far...

Yamimoon
Code Name: Spirits
Name: Jacob Saltsman
Physical Description: 5,7”, American, Blondish brown hair, sky blue eyes http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...uto-Hokage.jpg

Specialty: Reconnaissance, and espionage are his specialty. He is able to get people to trust in him, as well as blend in with the crowd. Since he can blend in so well it makes it easer for him to sneak into places, and access the information that is needed.

Weapon: He likes to use a Katana in battle, but dose carry a .357 Magnum Colt Python.

Psychological Evaluation: He is a great actor, and uses this to get close to his targets, and everyday life. But he is mostly a serious man, that is willing to do anything to get the job done.

Work History: Jacob use to work as an stunt double for the actors of the world. He was known for his ability to mimic anyone that he was standing in for. He was also good at using makeup to change his features so that he even looked like the actor. This made him wanted for every movie that has high risk stunts, but there seamed to be people in the business that didn’t like him for his talents. So they rigged a stunt so that even he would not walk away unharmed. They succeeded. When he was filming a movie where the actor is in a car that is set on fire, exploding as it is drove into a river. They had made it where the door would not open. The news reports said that he was incinerated in the car fire, but that was not the truth. He became a member of Kritiker, helping them in their endeavors.

Surviving Relatives: He has no family.

SirInkalot
Code Name: Guinness
Name: Finn Riley
Physical Description: http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0...est1_super.png
Irish, red hair, a little bit short, about 5’4½ ” Blue-black eyes

Specialty: Finn is a natural polyglot, able to speak and read any language, including lost and dead ones (of course, these are a bit more difficult). Sense joining Kritiker, Finn has experimented with faking a lack of understanding in languages, and it has ironically come in handy in several diplomatic-like situations, as he can get other parties to reveal more information than they are willing. He also is an expert cryptographer, and can read and write many secret codes.

Weapon: Finn is an accomplished boxer, growing up in the rough streets of Ireland. He also studied various martial arts as a form of meditation in Japan. He can fight decently well with staffs, but his most lethal specialty is ability as a Zen archer, who closes his eyes to take a precise shot. However, Finn has a personal code of conduct to forbids him from killing a person unless in self-defense or to protect another companion. If forced to an aggressive position, he uses fisticuffs to knock out his opponents, or just run because he’s also pretty dang quick.

Psychological Evaluation: Finn is impatient true to his stereotypical roots, and likes to deal with problems quickly. He is always busy with some sort of project, and his trying to constantly pester his new “family” with abilities, as he has never felt like he had a family for a consistent time (the monks he studied with are the one exception, but Finn believes he will most likely never see them again.) He is incredibly defensive of his friends in Kritiker. Any time anything “paranormal” enters a conversation, Finn completely shuts up, unable to accept that these things are real. Finn disproves of aggressive violence, but despites corruption and if an enemy is condemnable in his eyes he will not intervene. However, he definitely holds to a personal code of nonviolence unless in a self-defense situation or protecting someone else. Finn is easily startled and excitable, and also has a bit of a temper.

Work History: Finn grew up in a tough and bitter impoverished town in Northern Ireland . As a teenager, he suffered the tragic loss of both of his parents to an explosion set off by someone during the conflict between protestant Britain and Catholic Ireland. Seeing revenge and without much family to turn too, he joined the Irish Republican Army while his older sister jumped on a boat to America to become a nun, a plan which was sped up rather than motivated by her parents’ death. However, the violence of the IRA became too much after his first guerilla mission. He tried to return to his home to rest and flee the violence, but as soon as he opened the front door…, he saw a faint transparent form of his parents, their arms extended and moving quickly towards him. Finn slammed the door, and ran never to return to his home. Finn ran to a nearby Catholic church, where he was quickly taken in by the priest there. During his education, he quickly developed his abilities as a polyglot and became a young translator for the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association, a peace oriented movement for civil liberty in Ireland. When the Belfast agreement was finally pasted, the father of the church decided to send Finn to Japan to study meditation so he might rid himself of the “demon images” of his childhood. The priest had said these images of the phantoms in his home which haunted Finn’s dream were probably shock related, and taking time to still his mind with the Buddhists of Japan might help him ease his mind. For a period of 5 years, this seemed to work. However, as he was preparing to head home, Finn had another encounter with what could be considered paranormal. He blocked most of this memory, but Shinto Priests in the area repeatedly harassed Finn, telling him he had a gift to “see the dead”. Troubled, he returned to the Buddhists and wrote his priest a letter, but did not receive a response. About half a year later, as Finn decided to return to Ireland, an assassin came and tried to kill him before he made it to his flight in the airport. His life was narrowly saved by a Kritiker agent, who told him his home curch was sending killers to eliminate him from the church. Abandoned by the teachers of his faith, Finn gave up his priesthood and joined Kritiker on the spot. His cover story is that he is in a Buddhist monastery hospital somewhere in Japan.

Surviving Relatives: His parents died during “the troubles” in Ireland. The last he heard of his older sister Ceilia was that she was leaving for Boston to become a Nun. He has had little contact since, and does not know much about her status.

Familiar
Code Name: Bailey
Name:Yorick Dalton
Physical Description: ~6 ft high, black hair, blue eyes.
http://gi62.photobucket.com/groups/h115/795MCKIROX/Koji-1.jpg

Specialty: Yorick does the things that everybody else is too smart or too scared to do. Generally speaking this entails combat, demolitions, and miscellaneous insanity.
Weapon: It really depends on the situation. Generally speaking, he goes for the biggest, loudest, and most intrusive weapons his teammates will let him get away with. His most common weapon? Smith and Wesson 500 series magnum. That really sums up Yorick's arsenal right there.
Psychological Evaluation: Yorick shows a truly startling disregard for his own well-being, often putting himself in an unnecessary degree of danger for no real reason. He tends, in any given situation, to gravitate towards the most explosive, violent, and exciting option available to him. Despite this destructive attitude however, Yorick's life is the only one he's willing to risk, doing anything possible to protect his teammates.

Work History: Yorick was always something of a daredevil, wandering the earth, never going anywhere in particular, doing whatever thing caught his fancy. As he grew more and more inured with the small thrills that life normally offered, Yorick continued to look for bigger, more dangerous highs. In the end, however, this drive to one up himself proved to be his downfall.

Yorick was found by a Kritiker agent, washed up at the edge of a river, barely alive. Some serious rehab time later, Yorick was as good as new, with only a lifetime contract with Kritiker to show for his near death experience. For his part, Yorick actually looks at this turn as events as a blessing; being thrust into the world of espionage and danger suits him just fine.

Surviving Relatives: Mother and father are still alive, somewhere. Yorick doesn't really keep in touch with them.

The Dashing Rogue
Code Name: Bloody Mary
Name: Mikhail Vostroyan
Physical Description: 6'4" Athletically built
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zGnH6HWaAi0/Sd-w380mLrI/AAAAAAAAB8I/mWLZH2aE-IA/alexander52.jpg

Specialty: Observation/reconnaissance, over-watch and acrobatics/infiltration.
Weapon: VSK-94 Para-sniper. A silenced and stocky fully auto or single shot sniper rifle more akin to a sub-machine gun than an assault rifle. Originally built for paratroopers, the compact design and rugged functioning makes it a perfect weapon for the job.

Psychological Evaluation: Surprisingly friendly, given his line of work, and usually cracks a joke or two over the radio whilst supporting other operatives. He is very controlled with concerns to his temper but can be very talkative when not focusing on the task at hand.

Work History: Mikhail was one of many orphans fathered in the Moscow slums, the only family he knew was his brother, Danilov. They grew up together and managed to drag out a lowly existance stealing wallets and watches from rich and unsuspecting western tourists. When he was 17, however, he was caught in the act by a police officer carrying out a sting operation disguised as an American tourist. He was incarcerated before vying for his prison sentence to be transferred to military service.

Following a long career in the Russian military he soon found himself transferred over to Alpha Group of Spetznaz as one of many potential recruits, and endured their hellish selection program. Having succeeded, although by no means with distinction, he proceeded to carry out many counter-terrorist operations in urban environments up and down the Russian territories. Specializing in urban-mobility, sniping/counter sniping and reconnaissance he continued to operate with them for many years until Kritiker had need for his talents. However, his rather outspoken nature and one too many drinks at several Moscow nightclubs drew the attention of an undergound separatist movement who promptly located and kidnapped Mikhail. For two days he suffered at the hands of the interrogator, but fortunately he was inexperienced and lacked the prowess and techniques of the Spetsnaz training operators, before he was rescued by Kritiker. They had told him that to the Russian authorities, the chances of him escaping were slim, and being released almost non existant. If he returned he would no doubt be detained and treated like a traitor and informant. Reluctantly, he accepted their offer of employment.

Surviving Relatives: Danilov Vostroyan (Brother)

Sir Inkalot
06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
...ok I'm probably going to have to join this, the concept sounds to cool. :D Question before I design something though: What things do/don't exist in this world? Mythological monsters, secert civilizations, parrallel universes, occult stuff...I just want to put a check on my boundries because the possibilities for characters here is potentially enormous. Another great reason to like this RP. :D

TZS
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
WOOT! This is basically a modern day scifi drama. No mythological monsters, unless one mad scientist is specifically trying to produce them, and then, they won't have the magical properties associated. There may be minor occult references, but no witches, wizards, mages, magic powers etc.

The world is full of secret societies, gangs, cults, and conspiracies but very few proper secret civilizations are left. There are people with paranormal and/or otherwise unexplained abilities, but they tended to be rounded up early on by previously mentioned cults and secret societies. Think...more... X-files type powers than X-men. YOU do not get a super-power though. Because Life Is Not Fair is one of the enduring themes of Knight Hunters.

Whether or not you are one day kidnapped by one of those pesky cults/mad scientists and experimented on and augmented to develop some power... Well... these things happen...

As far as powers go though; if you would like to have a secret power, or develop one later in the story, that's fine, but keep it mild. The powers you see in KH cannon (Don't bring up Side B. Just... No.) are mostly psychic powers; telepathy and telekinesis, and precognition.

Pretty much, if you want a power, we'll talk about it. It could be a great addition to the story, but this isn't a "supers" rp. If you have a power to start with, you have hidden it damn well in your life. As an example, pretty much everyone thinks Aya has some kind of reality warping powers to have survived as long as he has, but there's no proof and no way to prove it.

We probably won't be touching on parallel universes. The multiverse deserves it's own RP. Nor will we be time traveling...

But if you want to play an anime character from another series that has a modern day setting, go for it. If there's any problem we'll get our heads together and see if we can make the bits fit a little better. I'm flexable. :)

Did any of that make sense?

Anne Bonny
06-07-2010, 12:25 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

Sir Inkalot
06-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah, most def! Although I unfortunately haven't seen X-files...you explained that later on in the post though.

I have a power in mind that fits the bill there...I gotta ask I guess for a bit more specifics on monsters and such. I'm guessing a definate yes to mutated creatures, and a no to dragons and unicorns. I could guess if their cults there are also demons...how about spirits though? Do the dead haunt the living in this universe? (This seems to be somewhat of a theme with my characters and such...I promise I'm not morbid! 0_0 ...I'm listening to an audio version of The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney...maybe thats it. shrug

EDIT: Oh..actually another question, does this world use real world religions?

Yamimoon
06-07-2010, 04:36 AM
I am interested in this RP! I loved the anime, so this is going to be fun. I will get a profile up ASAP.

TZS
06-07-2010, 05:09 AM
wOot I snagged a fan? Awesome. One thing:

Two- wait...three things. Not in order of relevance.

Important Note 1: I did not imagine I would snag another fan of this show, I just want to reiterate I would rather you make up your own original character. Now I make a hypocrite of myself by revealing a friend of mine who helped nurse this RP from vague idea to plotted story asked very nicely if at some point down the road if she could sign on as Yohji Kudoh (a cannon character) and because-among other things- she knows where I live I promised her she could. ...Dunno if it matters, just thought I'd say.

SECOND THING: ...is off having crumpets and tea with my missing hamster, apparently...

INKALOT! SIR!

If it is a nautilus horn stuck in the skull of a mutated patchwork horse/goat zombie thing it is perfectly acceptable. Dragons...are a bit big. I think I'm gonna say no to dragons. Fire/Acid spitting science experiment lizard thing gone horribly wrong... The time may just come, my friend...

Yes, the religions of the KH world are the one's we are familiar with.

The bit about spirits and demons is tricky though. Cannon; Yohji may or may not have been haunted by his dead partner. He saw her frequently, spoke with her on the phone, even face to face once, but he was going a bit mad at the time, so who can say? And Aya's sister was brain dead in a coma until a cult put her a stone slab and tried to conjure up some horrid demon beastie to possess her and bring about WW3 or something; but again, there is never any proof that that is why she is now awake. She seems normal enough.

I'm going to say... the demons in Project Shine are going to be strictly the metaphorical ones. This is mostly a spy rp, what weirdness in KH has always been paranormal, not supernatural, and I would feel bad to take it that direction.

Oh that was my third thing. To clear things up a bit, hopefully, here's some guidelines.

Your character must be human.
One Character may have a pre-existing paranormal talent. (I will put a note of this in the little bum post back in page one.)
One character may reserve the right to be kidnapped/develop a paranormal talent in the future. (This person will also be noted.)
At this point, I am looking for members of the team Shine. We will all work together discussing plot and villains.

So, Sir Inkalot, I'm going to say no, you can't be a ghost or a demon. But I'm curious about what aspect of ghostliness or demonic traits that interest you? We can work something out I'm sure. There was one scene in the second season where I'm pretty sure I saw a boy either teleport or walk right through a wall...

What is this power you have been teasing me with?!? One of the above slots belongs to you, at this point, you have your pick.

John
06-07-2010, 07:16 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Yamimoon
06-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Code Name: Spirits
Name: Jacob Saltsman
Physical Description: 5,7”, American, Blondish brown hair, sky blue eyes http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/yami_sakura_1983/Naruto-Hokage.jpg

Specialty: Reconnaissance, and espionage are his specialty. He is able to get people to trust in him, as well as blend in with the crowd. Since he can blend in so well it makes it easer for him to sneak into places, and access the information that is needed.

Weapon: He likes to use a Katana in battle, but dose carry a .357 Magnum Colt Python.

Psychological Evaluation: He is a great actor, and uses this to get close to his targets, and everyday life. But he is mostly a serious man, that is willing to do anything to get the job done.

Work History: Jacob use to work as an stunt double for the actors of the world. He was known for his ability to mimic anyone that he was standing in for. He was also good at using makeup to change his features so that he even looked like the actor. This made him wanted for every movie that has high risk stunts, but there seamed to be people in the business that didn’t like him for his talents. So they rigged a stunt so that even he would not walk away unharmed. They succeeded. When he was filming a movie where the actor is in a car that is set on fire, exploding as it is drove into a river. They had made it where the door would not open. The news reports said that he was incinerated in the car fire, but that was not the truth. He became a member of Kritiker, helping them in their endeavors.

Surviving Relatives: He has no family.

TZS
06-07-2010, 05:43 PM
I verymuchapprove of your master of disguise, Yamimoon, you are in. However, if your character has no ties to his old life outside Kritiker lookout to develop something in game. The Surviving Relatives bit is so your character will have an exploitable weakness should we run out of plot ideas... Don't worry about it for now, it's an ExCeLleNt character I look forward to tortur-

Ahem. Working with.

You're in.

And Sir Inkalot, I hope I didn't confuse you in my PM. Your character idea is approved.

Sir Inkalot
06-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Yeah I understood it fine, I had errands today...

I'm trying to plolish things up a bit b4 I post him, he needs to be good. :)

TZS
06-08-2010, 02:54 AM
WOOT!

So happy girl is so happy.

I was thinking of posting the IC once SirInkalot has his Character up and let people enter the story as they join... or do you guys think we should wait for a couple more players before I start things?

Sir Inkalot
06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Code Name: Guinness
Name: Finn Riley
Physical Description: http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4479/166568-priest1_super.png
Irish, red hair, a little bit short, about 5’4½ ” Blue-black eyes

Specialty: Finn is a natural polyglot, able to speak and read any language, including lost and dead ones (of course, these are a bit more difficult). Sense joining Kritiker, Finn has experimented with faking a lack of understanding in languages, and it has ironically come in handy in several diplomatic-like situations, as he can get other parties to reveal more information than they are willing. He also is an expert cryptographer, and can read and write many secret codes.

Weapon: Finn is an accomplished boxer, growing up in the rough streets of Ireland. He also studied various martial arts as a form of meditation in Japan. He can fight decently well with staffs, but his most lethal specialty is ability as a Zen archer, who closes his eyes to take a precise shot. However, Finn has a personal code of conduct to forbids him from killing a person unless in self-defense or to protect another companion. If forced to an aggressive position, he uses fisticuffs to knock out his opponents, or just run because he’s also pretty dang quick.

Psychological Evaluation: Finn is impatient true to his stereotypical roots, and likes to deal with problems quickly. He is always busy with some sort of project, and his trying to constantly pester his new “family” with abilities, as he has never felt like he had a family for a consistent time (the monks he studied with are the one exception, but Finn believes he will most likely never see them again.) He is incredibly defensive of his friends in Kritiker. Any time anything “paranormal” enters a conversation, Finn completely shuts up, unable to accept that these things are real. Finn disproves of aggressive violence, but despites corruption and if an enemy is condemnable in his eyes he will not intervene. However, he definitely holds to a personal code of nonviolence unless in a self-defense situation or protecting someone else. Finn is easily startled and excitable, and also has a bit of a temper.

Work History: (ok…forgive me if this background thing sounds a little, well cruddy. I’m trying to pack a huge amount of material into this ASAP)
Finn grew up in a tough and bitter impoverished town in Northern Ireland . As a teenager, he suffered the tragic loss of both of his parents to an explosion set off by someone during the conflict between protestant Britain and Catholic Ireland. Seeing revenge and without much family to turn too, he joined the Irish Republican Army while his older sister jumped on a boat to America to become a nun, a plan which was sped up rather than motivated by her parents’ death. However, the violence of the IRA became too much after his first guerilla mission. He tried to return to his home to rest and flee the violence, but as soon as he opened the front door…, he saw a faint transparent form of his parents, their arms extended and moving quickly towards him. Finn slammed the door, and ran never to return to his home. Finn ran to a nearby Catholic church, where he was quickly taken in by the priest there. During his education, he quickly developed his abilities as a polyglot and became a young translator for the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association, a peace oriented movement for civil liberty in Ireland. When the Belfast agreement was finally pasted, the father of the church decided to send Finn to Japan to study meditation so he might rid himself of the “demon images” of his childhood. The priest had said these images of the phantoms in his home which haunted Finn’s dream were probably shock related, and taking time to still his mind with the Buddhists of Japan might help him ease his mind. For a period of 5 years, this seemed to work. However, as he was preparing to head home, Finn had another encounter with what could be considered paranormal. He blocked most of this memory, but Shinto Priests in the area repeatedly harassed Finn, telling him he had a gift to “see the dead”. Troubled, he returned to the Buddhists and wrote his priest a letter, but did not receive a response. About half a year later, as Finn decided to return to Ireland, an assassin came and tried to kill him before he made it to his flight in the airport. His life was narrowly saved by a Kritiker agent, who told him his home curch was sending killers to eliminate him from the church. Abandoned by the teachers of his faith, Finn gave up his priesthood and joined Kritiker on the spot. His cover story is that he is in a Buddhist monastery hospital somewhere in Japan.

Surviving Relatives: His parents died during “the troubles” in Ireland. The last he heard of his older sister Ceilia was that she was leaving for Boston to become a Nun. He has had little contact since, and does not know much about her status.
Whew…done *passes out*

TZS
06-08-2010, 04:49 PM
APPROVEDstamp.

I love my dollies. What terrible things I am going to do with the two of you...

I wanted also to let you know to speak up if you have any plot ideas or things you would like to do. We're going to be starting with a fairly simple get together and count heads, then move into trying to bust a human smuggling ring just to start us off.

All righty. I'm gonna PM Stream (provided I can figure out how to send a PM, I have replying down... initiating... still working on it) cause he expressed interest in a spy vs spy kinda thing, and I will get right on posting the IC.

I'm thinking of copying the Bios into that Notes section at the beginning so they're all together for easy reference. Anyone mind?

Sir Inkalot
06-08-2010, 07:29 PM
nope. :D We should totally do a little bit of recruiting stuff as this gets up though, I'll put a link in my sig in a sec or so

TZS
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm scratching my head three days now trying to put one of those links in where it doesn't show the address all messy like it just has "Knight Hunters" lit up orange to you click it and it take you here.

You know that smilie that types and types until its banging it's head on the keyboard and blood is flying everywhere?

Yea that's me.

Yamimoon
06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Man this looks like we are all going to have fun!!

I also don't mind at all. I also agree that we need to get some more people on board!! We might even ge this put on RP of the week!!

I can't wait to get to work on this RP.

TZS
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Heehee I'm glad to hear it. Okay, The IC is going to go up this weekend, probably sooner cause I get impatient. I'm gonna see if I can't round us up a third player, otherwise, I'll make how few agents we have important to the plot... Might do that anyway...

Shara
06-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm interested, but it'll take me a day or so to get a character put together to submit for approval.

Plus it'll be my first forum RP. Be gentle.

Is that okay?

TZS
06-09-2010, 06:27 PM
That is perfectly fine Shara! I'm a baby GM so all y'all will probably be walking all over me anyway. :)

Yamimoon
06-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Well I don't think that we will be that bad!!(evil)

We will play nice!!

RaggedyDoctor
06-09-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm liking this... I'm up for joining.

TZS
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
You are more than welcome to Raggedy Doctor! I would love to have you on board.

Shara
06-09-2010, 09:37 PM
That is perfectly fine Shara! I'm a baby GM so all y'all will probably be walking all over me anyway. :)

I'll be gentle with you! I promise!
:approval:

TZS
06-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Alright, the IC is ready to go as soon as Shara and Raggedy get their characters in. If they're still interested...

Sir Inkalot
06-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Awesome, how long do we wait to post?

TZS
06-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Once the IC is up? Post whenever you want! Just, yanno, not double...

Sir Inkalot
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
mk, kool. *cracks knuckels*, lets see what I can do there, hm? This will be my first IC post since I left, feel good to be back :rocker:

Shara
06-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Alright, the IC is ready to go as soon as Shara and Raggedy get their characters in. If they're still interested...

Please don't hold off because of me. Getting a character together for this is harder than I thought. (*insert embarrassed look here*)

I may have to sit this one out.

TZS
06-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, let me know if you need help or something. If you change your mind feel free to jump in.

Guys, I'm gonna post the IC sometimes today. Soon as I drag my lazy bum (I have a monster cold) out of bed and find my flash drive...

Looks like it's just Sir Inkalot and Yamimoon and I for now then...

Or should I try to get in RP or the week?

Yamimoon
06-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I would like to get this started!!

But we can still put in for RP of the week!!

Familiar
06-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Hope this isn't too late...

Code Name: Bailey
Name:Yorick Dalton
Physical Description: ~6 ft high, black hair, blue eyes.
http://gi62.photobucket.com/groups/h115/795MCKIROX/Koji-1.jpg
Specialty: Yorick does the things that everybody else is too smart or too scared to do. Generally speaking this entails combat, demolitions, and miscellaneous insanity.
Weapon: It really depends on the situation. Generally speaking, he goes for the biggest, loudest, and most intrusive weapons his teammates will let him get away with. His most common weapon? Smith and Wesson 500 series magnum. That really sums up Yorick's arsenal right there.
Psychological Evaluation: Yorick shows a truly startling disregard for his own well-being, often putting himself in an unnecessary degree of danger for no real reason. He tends, in any given situation, to gravitate towards the most explosive, violent, and exciting option available to him. Despite this destructive attitude however, Yorick's life is the only one he's willing to risk, doing anything possible to protect his teammates.

Work History: Yorick was always something of a daredevil, wandering the earth, never going anywhere in particular, doing whatever thing caught his fancy. As he grew more and more inured with the small thrills that life normally offered, Yorick continued to look for bigger, more dangerous highs. In the end, however, this drive to one up himself proved to be his downfall.

Yorick was found by a Kritiker agent, washed up at the edge of a river, barely alive. Some serious rehab time later, Yorick was as good as new, with only a lifetime contract with Kritiker to show for his near death experience. For his part, Yorick actually looks at this turn as events as a blessing; being thrust into the world of espionage and danger suits him just fine.

Surviving Relatives: Mother and father are still alive, somewhere. Yorick doesn't really keep in touch with them.

TZS
06-13-2010, 02:12 AM
THANK YOU FAMILIAR. No you are not too late. IC will be up in a bit, I have to get some more robotussin in my veins so I can edit without sneezing all over my keyboard. Cause that's just gross.

If you want to get head starts on your first posts, I'll let you know, the first posts Are going to be "Day in the life" stuff. When I have at least a post from each of you I will have a Kritiker Agent contact you to give you the meet up time and place. Then we get rolling for seriouslies.

Sir Inkalot
06-13-2010, 02:34 AM
So to be clear...that means our characters live a kind of double life right? So I could post about my character working in a library or something like that.

TZS
06-13-2010, 03:36 AM
You Sir, pegged it in one.

Familiar
06-13-2010, 04:22 AM
So what was that about working in a bar then?

TZS
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
The bar is there in case they have trouble retaining their day jobs. Because going out all night multiple days a week tends to effect one's performance/attendance to a day job... The bar is there as a cover and a safehouse of sorts.

IC is up! ...and tzs is hitting the nap sack

Yamimoon
06-14-2010, 06:00 AM
I verymuchapprove of your master of disguise, Yamimoon, you are in. However, if your character has no ties to his old life outside Kritiker lookout to develop something in game. The Surviving Relatives bit is so your character will have an exploitable weakness should we run out of plot ideas... Don't worry about it for now, it's an ExCeLleNt character I look forward to tortur-

Well I said that he has no living relatives, but I have been working on an idea that he has some friends that might show up later in the RP. Just to jive him a hard time or somthing along those lines.

Or an old girlfriend that might show up.

TZS
06-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Works for me! I'm so excited to have this thing finally up and running...

Familiar
06-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Ah shit, sorry, I didn't realize that the IC was actually u, and it is now about 3:00 in the morning here... I'll get a post in tomorrow...

TZS
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Take your time no super rush. I'm just... around.

So you guys can chat a bit with your handler- she's an npc, you get the gist of her personality, make her say whatever you want. Just show up at the Bar at 11pm Saturday night.

You have a mission...

Familiar
06-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Alright, so I'm just trying to figure something out here. Do we know Kritiker yet? (I thought from the OOC intro that we did, but now it seems like we don't IC)

Just want to know before I make my next post...

TZS
06-15-2010, 06:26 PM
You know Kritiker. The bar Shine is a new cover operation. Kritiker just went through a big upheaval where a bunch of agents were killed and old covers compromised. Kritiker is setting back up, trying to gather up the scattered agents, but in new places.

TheDashingRogue
06-15-2010, 07:18 PM
This still open for newbs?

Sir Inkalot
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I"m no tzs, but I'm gonna guess the answer to that is a yes. ;) If you get a character up fairly quickly, I bet you can seemlessly work your way into the plot even!

TheDashingRogue
06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Ooh it's worth a shot ;)

TZS
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Always accepting new characters!

Sir Inkalot
06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Awesomeness! After this post, I just realized how fun its going to be to play a pissed off Irishman. XD

TheDashingRogue
06-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Character Sheet

Code Name: Bloody Mary

Name: Mikhail Vostroyan

Physical Description: 6'4" Athletically built
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zGnH6HWaAi0/Sd-w380mLrI/AAAAAAAAB8I/mWLZH2aE-IA/alexander52.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/113/9/e/Kestrel__Voron__by_avenger09.jpg

Specialty: Observation/reconnaissance, overwatch and acrobatics/infiltration (this one sounded better in my mind, think of it as the ability to move almost anywhere around a location - e.g. Sam Fisher style)

Weapon: (Ignore the shotgun in the pic) http://static15.photo.sina.com.cn/middle/4aea55b645aad15d8b72e&690

Psychological Evaluation: Surprisingly friendly, given his line of work, and usually cracks a joke or two over the radio whilst supporting other operatives. He is very controlled with concerns to his temper but can be very talkative when not focussing on the task at hand.

Work History: Mikhail was one of many orphans fathered in the Moscow slums, the only family he knew was his brother, Danilov. They grew up together and managed to drag out a lowly existance stealing wallets and watches from rich and unsuspecting western tourists. When he was 17, however, he was caught in the act by a police officer carrying out a sting operation disguised as an American tourist. He was incarcerated before vying for his prison sentence to be transferred to military service.

Following a long career in the Russian military he soon found himself transferred over to Alpha Group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Group) of Spetznaz as one of many potential recruits, and endured their hellish selection program. Having succeeded, although by no means with distinction, he proceeded to carry out many counter-terrorist operations in urban environments up and down the Russian territories. Specializing in urban-mobility, sniping/counter sniping and reconnaissance he continued to operate with them for many years until Kritiker had need for his talents. However, his rather outspoken nature and one too many drinks at several Moscow nightclubs drew the attention of an undergound separatist movement who promptly located and kidnapped Mikhail. For two days he suffered at the hands of the interrogator, but fortunately he was inexperienced and lacked the prowess and techniques of the Spetsnaz training operators, before he was rescued by Kritiker. They had told him that to the Russian authorities, the chances of him escaping were slim, and being released almost non existant. If he returned he would no doubt be detained and treated like a traitor and informant. Reluctantly, he accepted their offer of employment.

Surviving Relatives: Danilov Vostroyan (Brother)

-----

The condensed version: Tall Russian bloke who likes sneaking around dark buildings and tall places. Yes I have played too much Splinter Cell recently.

TZS
06-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Approved! Feel free to jump in; I'll leave it to you how you got the flier.

Familiar
06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Sorry, so... what day is it? I'm no really doing anything IC because I thought it wasn't Saturday yet, but Dashing is heading to the meeting place. What are we supposed to be doing?

TheDashingRogue
06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Sorry I assumed that because someone was already looking at the meeting point that we were meant to converge on it - what shall I do?

*holds head in hands*

I'm so tired! This week has been hell for me...

TZS
06-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Ok! I'm gonna say it's early Saturday now. Like... afternoonish. The rest of you can can have some more free time if you like; but Dashing! It's ok! You're hours early, but that's totally cool.

Actually, I'm glad Mikhail has showed up early. It sounds like America has been rough for him so far. Kritiker policies are changing, for one, they are trying to take better care of their agents (@Yamimoon, because you know the show: I have a hard time imagining Omi wouldn't try to make things a little better for everyone...).

Aya has been getting things together for the agents, credit cards, bank accounts blah blah. Shine, as their cover operation, is basically Kritiker's big money laundering operation so they can pay their agents without anyone getting suspicious. If you wouldn't mind Dashing (I don't know if Mikhail would find it even more suspiscious) Aya can run into him and try to help him get his circumstances...bettered. Bettered is totally a word.

Otherwise we can do a little time skip to the meeting. I'll set the chapter up and you can just be waiting on the roof for hours... But I like interaction...

TheDashingRogue
06-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Whatever you think will work best tzs ;) I'm cool with whatever happens - I don't want to screw something up with my post!

TZS
06-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Naw, don't worry. My plots are fluid. The idea is that this is your rp, all of you. I'm here to facilitate. Mikhail is early? Aya will find him and we can go from there. ^____^

TheDashingRogue
06-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Sweet ;)

TZS
06-19-2010, 09:37 PM
To clarify (because I couldn't really, not IC) those aren't mission folders. It's a collection of credit cards, bank accounts information, and reports on apartment complexes deemed secure living arrangements/safe houses should operatives need them.

So come in, sit down, have a drink if you like. New Improved Kritiker is Happy, Friendly, Improved Employee Benefits Kritiker! Not-Suspiscious-At-All Kritiker...

TheDashingRogue
06-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm keeping very cautious for the mean time - I still don't trust you and your western bribes of affordable accomodation... :D

TZS
06-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I like you Dashing. Mikhail will certainly live longer!

But I hate leaving everyone else out for too long... That and I can't think of anything else to say... I have Mikhails tentative cooperation, and everyone else is in...

How about we time skip to 11 and once I get Chapter II started you can begin showing up at the bar? (Dashing, Mikhail will have a few hours to do anything he likes in the meantime... But I would cash in on that western bribery, it's going to be a rough next couple days for Shine...)

TheDashingRogue
06-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey, my man has Russian smarts, not to be trifled with ;)

I'll edit my post so I bugger off with your bribes and maybe contact a few old friends of mine...

Another advantage of being a shady Russian!

Familiar
06-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah, so I just wandered into the bar. Just fit me in where ever it's convenient in the timeline.

TZS
06-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Will do! Chapter Two will probably start tonight. I just have to cut up and freeze these strawberries before they wither on me.

TheDashingRogue
06-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Muhahaha for shady Russian arms suppliers :D

TZS
06-21-2010, 05:41 AM
I know I said I was going to start chapter two (uh, technically one now that I think about it...) today (Uh...actually yesterday >_<) But IRL INVADED! Seriously! I am going to try to get it done tomorrow but I have to humor my ride to the shrink so... IT WILL BE UP BY DAY AFTER TOMORROW.

I'm so sorry. Please be patient with me.

Sir Inkalot
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey tzs,

Do you want me to post my character actually going up to the door, or should I just wait until Chapter 2 comes up?

TZS
06-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Either if you like. If you get impatient- I can't blame you. I've snuck off for a minute. My sister in law is down with the baby and they're making me SOCIALIZE >_<. I don't get what's so exciting about babies. They're...babies. Kinda like Cantaloupe is just cantaloupe. I suppose I'll understand when I'm a mom.

The next Chapter WILL be up today. I told them I was taking a nap, which I might do, but only after I get this going again.

EDIT:

Mission one begins. It is now about 11pm, arrive at the bar and settle in. If you have any opinions, suspicions, hopes I can file for crushing later... Well, now is not the time to voice them, but feel free to think them.

Once everyone is in place you'll be getting your mission. I have tried to include some hints as to what this little arc of the story will include... But The mission itself will be much more detailed when Aya presents it. Basically, you're going to be breaking onto a cargo ship transporting people for a black market slave ring.

But I wanted to let you know if you ever have any plot ideas or requests let me know here in the ooc. Including this one now, if you have anything you'd like to happen or your character to do:

Discuss!

TZS
06-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Since we're at a bit of a standstill between the prologue and the first chapter (And no one posted for a couple days) I'm calling time out.

A friend of mine is come to join and Friday night is when she wants to enter the story so... Since all yall are off doing other things take a break. Or post whatever you spend the rest of your friday afternoon and saturday day before 11pm doing. Go have fun, get into trouble whatever. Develop subplots around your characters if you like. I'm just getting her in and then Chapter one will start. Probably a bit more coherently this time too...

If I still don't see you when the meeting gets called I'll PM you to see if your still interested. If not that's ok, just let me know. If you get re-interested later you can always come back, either as your old character or a new one.

Sir Inkalot
06-26-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm still in this thing, sounds good. :)

Familiar
06-26-2010, 06:38 AM
^^ What he said...

TZS
06-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Okay nevermind she'll show up when she shows up, and I'll shuffle her into the story then. She works full time and as excited as she is about this I hate the thought of pressuring her to keep up with everyone else...

Mission One begins now. Come to the bar, have a seat, and I'll be giving you your mission files.

Yamimoon
06-29-2010, 05:14 PM
I am still verry interest in the RP, so I hope that we can keep this on going.

I am at the bar now.

Sorry for the short post.

TZS
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh this will keep going if I have to spam pM you guys into posting just to get me to stop. Rawer. Short posts are fine, we're kinda in a transitory stage right now...

Dragonnova
07-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Oh my word you were waiting for me Zero!!

T.T I feel like a heel.... (but yeah... they made me the custom florist at work and they've been working me like a dog lately... hence the reason my muse is shot.)

*ahem* YOHJI HAS ARRIVED!! woohooo *crickets chirping*

yeah, well i'm here when you need me now Z, better late than never. But you know me I don't like to invade story time, I like being back up... so just give me a heads up for when you want the Kudoh to arrive. yohji will just sit in your house... drinking your beer... eating your chips... and probably ordering porn on your tv until the first mission is over. Hope you don't mind.

Say did you want me to write up one of those profile character page thingsy for Yohji? or do you think everyone knows the guy already?

TZS
07-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Aya says: -wtf-

But you go right on ahead! You know how I feel about Yohji and Windows. Practically a fetish. luls.

You can totally make a character profile (...I'd be a hypocrite if I said you didn't have to, but no rush...) Yamimoon might know the guy but I dunno about everyone else.

TheDashingRogue
07-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I'll be posting soon guys :D

TZS
07-06-2010, 01:23 AM
It all looks good I guess we're just waiting on Sir Inkalot right? I'm in no rush but if you guys are GO POKE Ink...