PDA

View Full Version : The Wulver's Stane; Happy Halloween

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 02:34 PM
A game by Lamb:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/HaruspexLamb/WereBannerj.png

The above image is altered without permission. It is copyrighted to Universal Pictures, I claim no ownership, and am making no profit from this image.

---------------------------------------------------
Welcome to my first ever RPA roleplay, boys and girls! It’s so nice of you to stop by. I’ve poured a bit of work into this concoction, so it may be a little lengthy but I hope it ends up fun for all. I thought some of you, like me, would love to get into the Halloween spirit this month with a good old fashioned monster roleplay. WARNING: The following is long enough to make your eyes bleed.

REWLZ! (4 siriyus, gaiz)
1. You control your characters and your characters only, unless given specific permission to do otherwise.
2. Use proper grammar. Come on, folks, take the time. This RP should read well, like a book, not like a chat log.
3. YOU MAY NOT post a picture in your character’s profile that belongs to another artist without their direct consent. This is my number one gripe. You do not have the right to go grab some amateur artist’s pic off the web and claim “This is MY character”. As an artist myself, this greatly offends me. If the artist drew the picture for you and you can reasonably prove as much, fine. If you want to post a photograph of a real person and say your character looks LIKE this real person, fine. You may not, however, claim an artist’s work for your own creative purposes. Have a professional picture? (i.e., from a movie or tv show?) Credit the original source, please, as I have done with the image in my banner. This is where I get Nazi, sorry folks.
4. Be polite!

Premise:
This story takes place in a modern day earth setting. Your character can have come from anywhere around the globe, because they will all inevitably be led to the same place. The basic idea is that, for unknown reasons, a sizable handful of people across the world suffer a sudden stroke of lycanthropy. Men, women, children, seniors—the curse is seemingly indiscriminate in who it chooses to transform into a monster.

Werewolves:
These are not cute and cuddly teddy bear wolves. Think more along the lines of An American Werewolf in London; vicious, ugly, and fucking scary. The average height in werewolf form is around seven to eight feet tall (though please keep werewolves below ten feet and above six) and the weight is roughly five-hundred pounds of snarling fur and muscle. You have elongated human hands with opposable thumbs and three inch claws on each finger. You have no tail and can walk or lumber on two legs quite easily, but most of the time you are mindlessly bolting or lunging on all fours. Your teeth can shred metal and your claws can slash stone into dust. You are a force to be reckoned with.

Transformation:
Unlike most movie transformations, our werewolves explode into killing machines in an instant—so fast and incomprehensible most of the time that it’s over before the transformer has time to acknowledge it. Most people who have suffered a transformation are going about their business one second and standing frazzled over a dead enemy the next. When it occurs, great clouds of mist erupt from your orifices and envelop you in an instantaneous cloud. You’re human one minute and then you burst into werewolf form from seemingly nowhere—your clothes and accessories vanish when your wolf body appears and then mysteriously return unmarred as if the mist had merely covered you in a werewolf’s shell.
Two things can trigger a werewolf transformation. The first is seeing a ghoul (see section The Enemy), after which you instantly attack it without thinking. The second is some sort of extreme emotional stress or trauma. (In the Story section, you will find one example of each type of provocation.)
Perhaps the most awe-inspiring after effect of your first transformation is that you are suddenly…perfect. If overweight, your human body is now perfectly sculpted—blasted into the muscular structure befitting a Greek god or goddess, the same of the all-too-thin. If you were subject to any diseases, regardless of how hopeless or fatal they seemed, they have evaporated. If you were missing a limb or lacked the use of paralyzed body parts, they have been respectively regrown and rejuvenated. Balding folks have a full head of hair, glasses and contacts are no longer needed, hearing aids obsolete as well, because there is practically nothing that this sudden miracle monster cure has left you wanting. You have the body of a super soldier. A perfect physical specimen of mankind—inside and out. And that’s beside the fact that you can transform into a ravenous hellhound. You notice these changes have all occurred immediately after you become human again for the first time.
However, not all effects of lycanthropy are directly beneficial. Your appetite has increased enormously. You find yourself eating upwards of ten times a day now, but with an ass like you’ve suddenly developed, it doesn’t seem to be doing you any harm. Your metabolism is skyrocketing faster than you can keep up. Women unfortunately find that, if pregnant, the first transformation has resulted in immediate miscarriage, the body’s duress under the inexplicable change unable to support a child.
And there’s one more thing…after your first terrifying transformation, you’ve been feeling restless. A strange unnerving pull has been residing within you, urging you to move towards Western Europe. You do not know it at the time, but your ultimate destination (where the strange pulling sensation will stop) is North Yorkshire, England. You have no idea why, it seems almost instinctive. Like there’s something there you need…something you’ve been meaning to do in that general direction (whatever direction that happens to be from whatever country you’re in). If you are already in the U.K. at the time the story starts, you feel something pulling you northbound.
While it’s too early to even guess why this is happening, those it has happened to can hazard a guess that it has something to do with the strange creatures they may or may not have seen.

The Enemy:
Spirits. Banshees. Demons. Ghosts. No one really knows what to call them, but they seem to cropping up left and right, just about the same time people start turning into werewolves. Sometimes they come in the form of a possessed human or human corpse that ravenously kills and devours its former kin, sometimes they are merely barely visible, shadowy wraiths hovering by and sucking the life force out of nearby human beings when they need a recharge of energy. Their true form, capable of the aforementioned possession and stealth, is a delinquent ghoul that only occasionally will show its real face. They appear as pale, gaunt, savage men or women, naked and flesh-torn, eyes gouged out and lips carved away. It is in this form that they are the most dangerous to a werewolf, maintaining a fluctuating corporeality that makes getting a hold of one difficult. They shriek like sirens and are capable of astounding acrobatic physical feats. When in this form they are anything but subtle, running naked and screaming through streets and sucking the souls out of hapless victims. The way that they utilize these abilities, their intent is clear: kill the living.
When a werewolf—or soon to be werewolf—sees one of these ghouls in any form for the first time, transformation occurs as a knee-jerk reaction and the werewolf practically cannot help leaping onto and destroying it that instant. This reaction is instinctive and somewhat akin to flinching defensively when someone tries to hit or throw something at you. The upside is that for a werewolf, they are relatively easy to kill. The downside is that for a human or a werewolf in human form, they are impossible to harm, let alone kill unless they are in the possessed body of a human.
So to recap, here are the three forms of a ghoul you may encounter;

Possessors - Ghouls in their most corporeal form—the body of a human.
Goal: To kill and eat other humans.
Strengths: They cannot feel pain in this form and are not immediately killed or fled from by humans because they do not understand it is not a human itself.
Weaknesses: Subject to every injury a human is susceptible to, can be killed by a human if the brain is destroyed, and are almost completely irrational. Plain old zombies, really.

Wraiths - Ghouls in incorporeal form.
Goal: To hide. While doing so, their presence discretely drains the life-force of nearby humans. Through osmosis, I guess.
Strengths: Cannot be seen by average humans and can absorb their energy without them knowing it. Humans in their vicinity feel drained and will have anywhere from weeks to years taken off of their lives depending on the duration of exposure.
Weaknesses: Can do no directly fatal harm, can be easily dispersed by a werewolf.

Banshees - Ghouls in true form.
Goal: When enraged, empowered by enough human spirits, or desperate, a ghoul reverts to its natural form to either have a chance at fighting a werewolf or to go on a mass killing spree.
Strengths: Cannot be harmed by humans, speed, agility, are terrifying to behold with a bone-shattering, unearthly and unnerving scream. They are only partly corporeal, so if a werewolf bites down on or slashes, say, an arm that is in flux, its teeth or claws will go right through it. The banshee is in constant flux, only parts of it tangible at a time.
Weaknesses: Cannot sustain this form for long unless they have fed off of enough human lives, can be injured by werewolves if hit at the right time in an area of the body that is currently solid.

--Story--

For centuries, man has lived in fear of what he knows. He has feared threats from the astrological, from the biochemical, the societal and the celestial. He now faces an element of a never before conceived supernatural. He now faces the unknown. The unknown is both within and without him; he can rarely see his enemy and he does not understand his ally. No mere human can stand in the face of what nightmare we now know to be true and hope to save its people.

And so it is instead we—fragmented, dazed, and unprepared as we are—who are mankind’s only chance for salvation now.

Examples: (Note: these are actual characters that will likely make several appearances in the roleplay…and probably make my posts idiotically long sometimes. Consider these to be the first transformations ever—with yours happening either around the same time or when my post starts, which will be an assumed three days later.)

Account #1: Noah Gershwin

It couldn’t have been more than a one minute walk in the rain and he is already soaked through, only the contents of the plastic bag in his hand dry. He barely notices, though—a Seattle man should be used the rain if anything. It’s letting up now anyway as he approaches the door to his apartment building and tries to ring the buzzer next to his nameplate. He tries a few more times with no result. He sighs, leaning back against the wall under the small bit of shelter from the rain. “C’mon, Kate…” he mutters. He hopes she hasn’t gone out. He had just spoken with her on the phone not thirty minutes ago, and he knows that the only reason she would have left is to surprise him with dinner when he arrived home. He looks down at his Styrofoam boxes of expensive prepared Thai food and shakes his head. He supposes he should have just told her he was bringing dinner home. Now he’s stuck out here.
His head turns as a middle-aged man approaches the door and buzzes a friend. Noah waits hopefully and watches as the man opens the door to the building, then he quietly slips in behind him undetected. It said something about the security of the building, but he doesn’t think he has much to be worried about with so many people living here. He turns to amble up the stairs tiredly, because he knows that the elevator has been broken since Monday. The place has its flaws, certainly, but the one-bedroom that he shares with his long-term girlfriend turned fiancée is affordable and comfortable. He has never been a man who asks for or expects much, and highly values what he has. Kate seems to him to be the only ounce of luxury life has ever afforded him.
He trudges the staircase muttering to himself and knowing exactly what awaits him in his small but not cramped apartment. He’ll plop dinner on the table and flop on the couch to watch TV before Kate eventually stumbles in, looking cheerfully frazzled as always and apologizing several hundred times for picking up a second dinner—which she is surely doing now. But as he gets to the top of the stairs and peers down his hallway, he can’t help but notice that the door to unit 204, his and Kate’s humble abode, is swung wide open. Noah wouldn’t put it past Kate to be enough of a scatterbrain to forget to close the door. He worries that their things will be stolen, so he hurriedly marches up the last stair and walks in. Only it’s not his things that are stolen when he arrives. The lights are all on, Kate is not gone, and she is not alone. He can’t quite comprehend the scene he’s looking at. The bag in his hand falls to the floor and he stares blankly at his fiancée lying prostrate on the kitchen floor with her back to him. Above her is a man that Noah’s attention suddenly turns to. The man looks surprised, then somewhat nervous but mostly angry. There is blood on the floor. On his clothes. In his hand is a knife pilfered from their chop block and on the counter is a pile of Kate’s antique jewelry. Noah knows instantly, his brain explodes into a thousand different shrieks of emotional agony, and something in his face makes the intruder freeze.
He doesn’t understand what happens next—he doesn’t register it, there isn’t time to. He’s suddenly numb and static and rippling, he’s flying through the air, a leap that clears twenty feet, and he comes down at light speed on the man. Or what was a man. Suddenly the man is gone. Suddenly Noah’s on his knees on the kitchen floor. Suddenly the amount of blood has increased tenfold. He looks down at himself—human and whole but he could have sworn for a moment he hadn’t been. He’s covered in gore. It’s everywhere; in his face, his hair, his pockets. The home invader is a quartered pulp—a hunk of him having landed on the kitchen counter, another in the hall leading towards the bedroom, an arm dangles from the top of a high cupboard, drizzling blood.
Noah looks at his hands, so covered in blood that fingers are glued together, he spits out teeth—and they’re not his own. He looks around, twitching, jolting, trying to rouse himself to scramble away but he’s paralyzed with disjointed fear.
His hands slap against the wet floor as he catches himself and he screams a blood-curdling, hysterical cry.

Account #2: Reagan Dodson-Marsh
He always hated these country roads at night. His night vision was poor already and he was none too excited about the already icy October mist settling in front of him. Not that this place was completely deserted and not that this car wasn’t absolutely top of the line and expensive enough to ensure his safety. He was still always afraid he would hit some animal out here. The last time he was out here he nearly hit a buck head on, and in missing it nearly wrapped his Lexus around an oak tree. He already missed the city.
“It was nice of you to come all the way up here.” Said his passenger.
He looked over at her briefly, shrugging. “You know, Mom, it’s fine. I don’t expect you guys to come down every year. Besides, getting the time off was a breeze. I just closed a deal and I’ve got nothing on my plate.”
“That’s good.” The woman nodded, fiddling with her gloves as she gazed out the window. “I’m sure you could use a break. And from more than just work, I mean. I really don’t know how you put up with the hustle and bustle of that city.”
He snorted in amusement. “Mom, you lived there for thirty years. I don’t know why you hate it so much, referring to it as ‘that city’ all the time.”
“Oh I don’t hate it. I just meant…well it’s so much nicer up here, isn’t it?”
“Sure. Where else am I gonna get the chance to peel deer guts out of my grill?”
“Really, that’s just gruesome!” she held a hand to her chest, suppressing a laugh and shaking her head. “We have never hit a deer here, not in five years. In fact I’ve never even heard of someone hitting one on this road.”
“Not yet.” He muttered, using a sleeve to try and wipe away the smog on his windshield. “You know, I’d be lying if I said I knew why you guys moved here in the first place.”
“What’s wrong with Johnstown?”
“What was wrong with New York?”
He watched as she shook her head again, clearing feigning ambivalence. “When you get to be my age, sometimes you just need a change of pace. That’s all.”
“If you say so.” He relented, moving his eyes back to the dark, endless stretch of road. He glanced back over, noticing that she was staring at him.
“Well?” she prodded, looking back towards the road in front of them again. “How are things back in New York, then?”
He let out a sigh, thinking. “I got that promotion I was telling you about, so that’s good. Oh and uh…I got a dog.”
She looked back to him quickly. “A dog? And here I was finally hoping you tell me you met some nice young girl, but a dog. A man like you doesn’t even have time for a dog.”
“Sure I do. Cutest little puppy too—I bought it off the street just outside my building.”
“On the street?”
“Yeah, come on, Mom. I know what you’re thinking, but who needs a good home more? The purebred thousand dollar stud or the dirty, dead broke mutt some guy’s selling out of a cardboard box just to pay his rent? I couldn’t resist him.”
“Well I suppose.” She agreed, looking back out the window.
Silence ensued once more after that and he flicked on the car radio, which barely registered in his mother’s attention. She could say what she wanted; he could use a canine presence in his life. Things has been strangely lonely after his parents moved away, and while he didn’t seem to have time for a relationship, some good old fashioned unconditional love was nice to have around again. He squinted through the mist and again wiped his windshield with a sleeve. When he moved his hand away, he suddenly caught sight of a figure directly in front of him. Off in the distance. It almost looked like a person. He slowed the vehicle quickly as he approached and leaned over the dash to try and make it out. It definitely looked like a person, standing in the middle of the road. The car gently jerked to a halt and he glanced at his mother, who looked back at him with confusion. “Stay here.” He advised, unbuckling his seatbelt and stepping out of the car.
He walked a few feet to the end of the car, staring at the headlight illuminated man. “Hello? Sir? Are you alright?”
The man didn’t respond, and he began to take his appearance into consideration. He was tattered, pale and bloody, glaring daggers into him from his spot twenty feet or so away.
“Jesus…Sir, do you need me to call an ambulance? Where’s your car?”
Something felt completely off about this. He heard the passenger door open and close, followed by his mother’s boots clicking on the ground and he held up a hand half-consciously to warn her back.
The man didn’t approach. He didn’t move, just stared into his face with what could only be described as malice. He then suddenly grinned, and a gush of blood fell through his teeth.
He stepped back. He moved as calmly as he could, trying to muster the words to order his mother back into the car. He looked over to her, and his breath caught in his chest. Her mouth was agape, her posture slanted. Gray mist was pouring out of her eyes, ears, mouth, nose—as if she were a hollowed-out jack-o-lantern with a smoke bomb inside of her. “Mom…?” he choked. And then she erupted.
Out of the mist where she had been a monster vaulted from the side of the car with a ferocious roar that knocked him on his ass so fast that he didn’t have time to brace for impact. The beast had charged, made one impressive leap and came crashing down on the bloody man’s head back into the mist. It was quiet.
At first he couldn’t move. He sat, gripping the front tire of the car, shivering as he stared in the direction of what he had just witnessed. “Mom?” he queried shakily. He received no response. He managed to pull himself to his feet, stumbling forward, terrified to discover what lay in the mists. His shoes stuck to the ground as he walked…bits and pieces of red shone through the fog. He slowly came upon the only remaining figure. “…Mom?” he uttered in shock.
She was on the ground, sitting with her hands in her lap, eyes terribly wide as she stared at the remains of the man. She blinked, finally exhaling a breath. “Oh, my.”

Character:[/center]
You’re human. At least…you thought you were. Now when you gaze into the eyes of the reflection in your mirror you wonder whose it is. Your body has changed. Your instincts have changed. Your control has diminished, and people are terrified of you. You’re probably more than a little terrified yourself.
Translation: you’re a motherfucking werewolf. This may put a damper on your social life.

Template
Name:
Nationality and Current Location:
Appearance (both before and after your first transformation, if changed):
Personality:
History:

PAQ (potentially asked questions)
Q. So, I can’t control myself as a werewolf?
A. Not so much at first. Over time and a few transformations throughout the roleplay, our characters will come to find that once they get used to the primal burst of sensation, they can reign themselves and use their werewolf abilities to make conscious efforts while in that form. Eventually they will be able to control every action they make in werewolf form, and towards the end of the tale, they may even be able to induce transformation at will.
Q. Can I play a ghoul?
A. No, sorry. This was never intended to be a pitted faction roleplay. Plus, ghouls suck.
Q. How many characters can I have?
A. As many as you think you can handle, but I will be juggling four—two main and two side characters—myself, and that will not be easy. I highly recommend that you don’t play more than two, but you’re welcome to.
Q. How do I get to North Yorkshire?
A. Any way you can, really. You don’t know that’s where you’re ultimately headed, so you might just be aimlessly flying in planes trying to get rid of this instinctive pull, or a boat, or once there driving a car, etc.
Q. When do we meet up together?
A. Consciously try and steer characters toward other characters as you detail your journey. Since everyone is headed to the same place, it’s reasonable to assume that they might bump into each other along the way. If your character doesn’t end up meeting us all until we arrive at our destination, that’s fine too.
Q. How do I start?
A. Probably with your first transformation, something along the lines of one of the stories in the story section. If you want to have your post begin after you’ve already transformed, remember that it had to have happened very recently. (And no, your posts don’t have to be in third person present tense. Pick any perspective you’d like. From now on mine will be in third person past tense.)
This roleplay is just unraveling in my head—have any questions? Please feel free to ask.
My characters will be posted shortly--soon as I get back from a class.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Lamb:

Ooh, two takers already, eh? Awesome, can't wait to see your guys' characters!

As for me,

Characters I will be playing:

----

Name: Creighton Bruer

Nationality and Current Location: American/Portland, OR

Appearance: Before his first transformation Creighton is a 6’6, 400 lb clinically obese man with short, dark gray hair and a thick mustache. His face his somewhat hard, his movements are understandably lethargic and he faces a myriad of health problems including high cholesterol and diabetes. After his transformation he finds that he is a heavily muscled, 6’6, 278 lb man with not an ounce of undue fat to spare.

Personality: Creighton is tough and smart, very inquisitive about things and always gets what needs to be done done. He’s polite and well-liked, but also a cynical and downtrodden man. He has amassed some success in his life, but part of him views himself as nothing but a fat old loser who could have been much more.

History: Creighton was born in California but spent most of his life in Oregon. His father was a very passive man, easily pleased and frequently satisfied, and passed on to Creighton numerous traits that encourage one to take what one can get and not to bother striving for more. With no real encouragement to better himself, Creighton spent most of his youth doing absolutely nothing of value but eating Twinkies. When he was twenty-six, however, he witnessed a robbery at a convenience store and was able to deduce the identity of the perpetrator involved, and took up a great interest in police work. Twenty-two years later he is a senior detective whose primary source of dissatisfaction in life comes from worrying that he’s a fat lazy slob like his father.

----

Name: Yamato “Mattie” Kida

Nationality and Current Location: Japanese-American/Portland, OR

Appearance: Mattie is a small Japanese man with shaggy black hair and a messy goatee. He has an alert, inquisitive face and delicate features, and has an incessant nervous tick of rubbing his chin. He is 5'5 and weighs roughly 140lbs, and does not change much after his first transformation other than that he gains a few pounds of muscle.

Personality: Mattie is usually introverted, sometimes forgetting himself in social situations by reducing his status to that of an observer. Because of this he fumbles through most human interaction, but he is generally friendly. He seems somewhat nervous and lost most of the time, but tries to make up for it with a jovial, wise-cracking demeanor.

History: Mattie was born a second generation Japanese American twenty-five years ago in Spokane, Washington. He was raised in a middle-class home and has always been fairly well off, making a good wage even at his current job. He knows Creighton Bruer, as he has worked with him in helping to indentify criminals.

----

Name: Noah Gershwin

Nationality and Current Location: American/Seattle, WA

Appearance: Noah is 6’0 and weighs 177 lbs. He has medium length, slightly curly black hair and, like Mattie, doesn’t change much after his first transformation other than gaining some bulk.

Personality: Noah is very calm and generally serious— though most of his fight’s been knocked out of him due to the events surrounding his transformation. He has good leadership qualities and genuinely cares for others.

History: Noah was always the “good boy” throughout his life. He was adequately smart and kind to others, with a poignant and innate sense of right and wrong. He met his future fiancée, Kate, at a local grocery store. When she is murdered, he becomes fractured and withdrawn.

----

Name: Reagan Dodson-Marsh

Nationality and Current Location: American/Johnstown, NY

Appearance: Reagan is about 5’6 and weighs maybe 120 lbs before her transformation. She has shoulder-length gray hair with a slight curling wave to it and has a face that suggests she was quite the looker back in the day. She is clearly upper class with her fine clothes and polished demeanor. She was a bit too thin before her transformation, but now she’s in top shape for an old broad.

Personality: Reagan is generally very submissive and unimposing. She’s somewhat of a recluse, which makes her shy away from people and let them have their say, and is rarely spurred to assert her own opinion on things. She also has a very strong sense of denial, determined to keep everything in her life “normal” and assume that everything is okay. She is very learned.

Occupation: None currently. She was formerly a chef for some of the more prestigious fine dining locals in central New York.

History: She was born in Sussex, England and adopted by a well-to-do American family three days after her birth. She has lived most of her life in Vermont and New York, where she met her husband David. With him she has one son, Deacon, and two twin daughters, April and May, who all live back in New York City. She and David moved to Johnstown upon her request, something she did out of feeling useless in her impending old age and, essentially, wanting a quieter place to go an die.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Stormwolf:

Name: Alexander Hartmark
Nationality and Current Location: Norwegian - Olso, Norway
Appearance:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3659/3330976126_f25307304e.jpg
Copyright Universal Pictures and Marvel Comics.
Standing a few inches short of seven feet and built like a line backer before the change, now, well, his body is perfect.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae256/LycanPacks/van-helsing.jpgCopyright Universal Pictures. I own nothing
As a werewolf, Alex becomes a black-furred, golden-eyed titan of muscle. The massive black claws, dagger-like teeth, and near-grotesque physique riddle the nine-and-a-half foot tall figure of Alexander The Lycanthrope.
Personality: Usually outgoing and social when he knows someone well enough. Ever since his "incident", he has been very subdued and retracted himself from society.

Occupation: Retired Decommissioned Norwegian Special Forces; Powerplant Security Guard, Graveyard shift.

History: Alexander was always a hard worker. He didn't like his job, who would? But he didn't whine and just did it because it payed the bills. He had a fiancé he loved to spend his day with and hated to have to leave her before dinner, but he worked to keep them both going, since she was carrying. Yes, Alex was going to be a daddy in little less than a year, and that is what kept him going with a smile, at the least.

His friends knew things Alex didn't, but mum was the word. No one wants to make angry the guy who is the most relaxed. They snap the worst.
One night, Alex was allowed to return home early since there was a malfunction in his part of the plant, hence shutting it down. He returned home to behold a sight that brought about his change.

His fiancé and his best friend were bare as they were the day they were born, on his bed, coupling with his beloved.

"Erica, what...?" He said in one of the most hurt tones ever conjured. Alex was never really popular with people. When the girl of his dreams agreed to marry him, it felt too good to be true. Turns out it was.

There is a philosiphy about people, that when they are either caught red-handed, or if they are about to die, they confess to all their sins. Erica, Alex's fiancé, had been sleeping with all of his friends since Alex was in military service. The child was not his, but his friends. Erica said that it was Alex's fault, never being around to satisfy her.

That was when it happened. It felt like a grenade went off in Alex's head, sending him into a black-out state as all his suppressed emotions and suspicions took form in that fog.

Alex was caught a week later by the authorities, finding him in a back alley. They told him that he was a murderer, though he had no recollection of it. They pinned the murders of his fiancé and best friends on him. Alex said he never did anything. The investigation went on for weeks, and Alex's stance never changed, so he was sent to an Asylum for the Criminally Insane. He stayed there, in a padded room, wrapped in a straight jacket for another several months.

Now how he broke out, is yet another mystery to him. Per usual, a doctor entered his room to administer medication. When the doctor turned and made eye contact with Alexander, he felt that same exploding feeling in his mind before loosing all recollection of what occurred. He "awoke" asleep in the woods somewhere. Obtaining some new clothes in a less-than-legal fashion and stopping what felt like every other step to eat, Alex followed this feeling he had in his gut. He didn't know what he was doing or why. All he knew was that when he tried to resist this urge, it physically made him sick, the kind of sick when your body is overworked.

Lamb
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Okay! So, now that this is more or less ready to go, I'll just make a few notes. First, anyone who already signed up for this but didn't post a character profile is still free to do so. I don't feel the need to save spots since anyone is welcome to join at any time. As long as I don't end up with fifty some odd players or so I think we'll be fine :P

I'll wait a few days to see if anyone is interested, and plan to post the IC prrrobably either tomorrow or Friday.

Ushima
10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
werewolf story hell yeah I'm joining

~

Name: Michael Stone

Nationality and Current Location: American - Buffalo, NY

Appearance: Michael, after his transformation, now stands about 6'2" and weighs 155 lbs. He has short buzzed brown hair, and brown eyes. His transformation didn't remove his tattoos. A cross on his right shoulder, chinese dragon spiraling up his right forearm, barbed wire spiraling his entire left arm with some of the barbs seemed to cut into his skin, bar code on his neck and a large demonic skull on his back.

Personality: Always inquisitive and strategic. Stone won't move without an effective plan, unless he transformed. Then it wouldn't matter what his last thought was. He is also usually quiet, speaking very little.

History: Blood. Thats all I remember from that night. It was supposed to be a happy event and it was for awhile. The music in the gymnasium was soft and I danced to the slow beat with the girl in my arms. It was a winter dance the school held.

Then something stumbled into the room. I don't know what but it trggered something. I snapped, felt a breif flash of pain then everything became a blur. It's all very vague to me. Somethings I remember, tearing that ghoul apart and I do know my rage didn't stop there.

The number is unknown to me, the numbered I killed that night. But the next memory I had after that initial burst of pain was holding my date's limp body in my arms as I knelt in the center of the gym. Her blood spilling out around us. I remember crying that night, the first and last time I did.

"In here!" I hear shouts from the outside, some of the students got away and must have called the police. I curse, realizing I'd have to run.

I look down at Amy, the girl in my arms. I brush the hair out of her face and kiss her forehead. "I'm sorry." I set her down gently and bolt out of the school.

I made it back to my house on the west side rather quickly, guess I wasn't paying much attention to time. I quickly scale the porch steps, ignoring the new bullet holes in the wall. My neighbor hood wasn't the best one in exisistance.

Quickly stripping off my suit I hop in the shower, though getting out and looking in the mirror was a shock. I had grown taller, which explained why my clothes were tighter. One thing I noticed was my muscles, I was ripped. Thankfully all my tattoos were still intact. I'd rather not have to get any touch up work down, once was bad enough.

I knew I had to leave the city, I had realatives in a town south of Buffalo I could stay there with. With the police looking for whatever killed those students, which was me, it wasn't safe. Going into my room I put on my clothes, red boxers, blue jeans, red t-shirt and a large black hoodie.

I wrote a note for my family, telling them I'll be at my Aunts for the weekend, grabbed my car keys and wallet, slipped on my shoes and took the risk of heading back to the school to get my car. Inside the Oldsmobile Alero a strange sense of security washed over me as I starred at the 9mm in the glove box. Like I said my neighborhood isn't the best. I took the thruway out of the city and into West Seneca. Ignoring the strange feeling of something calling me I pull up to my Aunt's and let myself inside and pass out on the couch.

The Gypsy Queen
10-30-2009, 11:00 PM
This looks great, I hope my character's okay... can't wait to start. :D

Name: Deoiridh Hall (pronounced DOR-ee)

Nationality and Current Location: Scotch-Irish American, currently located in
Charleston, Arkansas.

Appearance: Deoiridh stands at about 5’ 3 ½’’ and was a bit on the plumper side due to a lack of exercise, weighing in at just over 150 lbs. She has long, ruddy red-brown wavy hair and dark green eyes, contrasted by her pale complexion. She has the sort of tragically sad face and perpetually mournful eyes that make her appear small and fragile, always a hairsbreadth away from tears. She was badly injured in her fourth year during an accident at an Independence Day celebration, so she had a limp, her right hand was useless, and blind in her right eye. After her transformation, she is a lean 120 lbs and every last scar from her accident is gone. Most noticeably, she has regained use of her right hand again.

Personality: Deoiridh is a thoughtful, contemplative young woman. She is slow to speak but very insightful. She is also shy and easily frightened. However, she is naturally good-tempered, generous, and loving. She has a tendency to fall in love instantly, but not always romantically. Deoiridh is a self-proclaimed hippie child, vegetarian, and pacifist. She is terribly emphatic and can’t stand to see others in pain.

Occupation: Recently graduated music student – was slated to perform with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but her contract signing was put on hold in hopes she could rehabilitate her hand…

History: Deoiridh’s mother was Irish, and her father Scottish. The married after moving to Arkansas, to be close to family, and had three children, Deoiridh, Donovan, and Duane. Deoiridh grew up in a home filled with old Scotch-Irish stories and songs. Her parents emphasized family love, and she was very close to her whole family, especially her younger brothers and her cousins. She often worried her younger cousin Gwen was ruining her life, especially when the girl began to date a delinquent. Deoiridh began to exhibit a natural talent for music and mastered the piano by the time she was ten. She was accepted into a very good college based on her talent, but on the Fourth of July just before her final year, Gwen’s boyfriend lit a cherry bomb next to her youngest brother, Duane, who was sitting near her father’s van, full of fireworks. Deoiridh instinctively reached for the child and clutched him to her chest to protect him. As her father and uncles were professional pyro-technicians, the resulting explosion was enormous. Although Duane was unharmed save for a few minor burns, Deoiridh was badly burned on her right side and spent months in the hospital. Although she was able to graduate by sheer force of will but her debilitated right hand hindered her from playing any of her favorite instruments and unless she regained use of it, she would never have her dream career in music.

The night of her first transformation would become the worst night of Deoiridh’s life. Her father, Andrew, was driving her home from a particularly painful rehabilitation exercise and the two hour long pain-ridden session had left Deoiridh cranky. The two of them argued, although Deoiridh would never remember what for. As they pulled up to the family home, Deoiridh leapt out the car in a huff and stormed into the house. What she found there would haunt her nightmares forever.

Her cousin’s boyfriend, the same sadistic man who had lit the cherry bomb that had scarred her for life, was in the house. Deoiridh’s first reaction was of confusion; the jerk was not well like by the family, and never came around without Gwen in tow, and Gwen had said she’d left him, because he was too violent. But Deoiridh didn’t spot Gwen at first glance. An awful smell filled her nose, and it was her mother’s terrified cry to run that hit the first note of panic in her.

Blood was on the walls. All over the walls and the carpet. Something was burning on the stove and there were piles of bloody meat on the table.

Something clicked in Deoiridh’s terrified brain and she understood in a flash what police reports would later confirm. Enraged by Gwen leaving him, the man (whose name she could never recall) had knocked Gwen out and taken her to the Hall family home. There, he had pulled a gun on the Deoiridh’s mother and brothers, tied them up, and forced them to watch as he slowly killed Gwen. He then seared Gwen’s remains on the stove and turned to the family. That was when Deoiridh walked in the door, and lost her mind.

When Deoiridh came too she was standing outside, baggy clothes hanging off her suddenly lithe form. Before her was the mangled remains of the man, and behind her was her father, gasping through a bullet wound to the chest. He died before Deoiridh could even scream. Rushed memories of the past few minutes tumbled haphazardly through her head and she shrieked a second time before vomiting. She turned to see her mother and brothers standing at the door, pale and terrified. Her mother’s voice was the last thing she remembered.

“ Run. Run, my child.”

Pope Jako III
10-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Name: Buck Irwin

Nationality: Australian

Current whereabouts: Charleston Ar.

Appearance: 6’1” Buck is Caucasian with a standard Australian style kangaroo leather hat, vest, and boots, with crock teeth in the hat brim, a pair of shades a, durable military grade combat pants. Very muscular build with brown hair reaching the base of his neck and bright gold eyes. Buck is an outdoorsman and loves to hike, camp, hunt, boat, etc. etc. Buck is extremely fit and well muscled to keep up with his lifestyle when he was a child he accidently fell into a monaters den he escaped with his life but at the cost of his left eye. he wears an eyepatch over it now.

Personality: Buck is a usually upbeat, happy, easygoing, and hyper. He loves the outdoors and all the things to do in them.

History: Buck has little formal schooling, he could tell you what plants are poisons and which are medicinal, how to fix a car or engine of any sort how to fight hand to hand, shoot, track, or to lay traps. Buck has made his personal goal to travel through all the worlds’ woods, jungles, and forests, hence his current whereabouts in Charleston Arkansas. Once when Buck was younger he was traveling throught the black forests of germany when he was accosted by the biggest wolf he had ever seen. it seemed un-natural the thing was close to 6 ' long and for some reason its body was hunched over almost as if it was meant to stand upright. "criikey! what the hell are you?" the wolf turned to him as if finally noticing his presence, Buck reached for his gun but stopped, and smiled "na, that would be unfaire." he reached for the Bowie knife in his boot and flipped it around a bit to get the feeling of the weight in his hand. "c'mer puppy its time to learn who is the alpha dog." the wolf didnt wait, it launched itself through the air at buck cover 15 yards in a single leap buck was so startled by the sudden speed of the creature he didnt react in time and was back-handed by the front paw of the monster. Buck felt like he got smashed by a frieght train as he flew about 7' back. before he could recover the beast was ontop of him trying to get at his throat. "thats enouph of that!" Buck yelled he flipped around delivering a left hook to the wolfs nose, with a follow up kick to its groin. whe it didnt even flinch Buck knew something wasd wrong. acting on instinct, he grabbed the monster by its front legs threw his foot into its stomach, and flipped the wolf over his head in a perfectly exicuted judo throw. as both combatants got up buck and the wolf charged at each other Buck threw his sholder out. This is gonna hurt he thought sure enouph the wolfs jaws clamped onto his shoulder but left its chest wide open Buck was expecting this and he Buried his knife up to the hilt in the beasts chest. as the creature spasmed in its death throws buck could swear he heard it speak. "For..Forgive me..." when the light finally faded from its eyes Buck felt something running up his spine suddenly his flesh was on fire he screamed in pain and then everything went black. when he woke up he was miles away from where he had been and his clothes were shredded to pieces. he has since been trying to figure out what happened that day.

Equipment: Buck is still Australian at heart and always carries a bowie knife and S&M 500 on him at all times just in case, he of course has a carry concealed license. His current mode of transport is his feet.

Lamb
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
OKAY. Welcome everyone! All who have posted so far--your characters are accepted. The IC is FINALLY being posted as we speak. Much apologies for the delay! Just started a new job. -air-

Lamb
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Everyone has great posts so far! Just as a note, I think it's starting to look like some of us are going to end up in New York before they get to the U.K. That seems like a great place to meet up, and probably where all of our American characters would gravitate through. My characters will conviniently make it to the John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens, NY around the same time within the next couple of posts I make.

Lamb
11-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Gypsy Queen: It was actually supposed to be Mattie that interacted with Deoiridh in my last post, not Creighton. My bad!! Looking back on my post I see how stupidly unclear that was. Sorry. :P

The Gypsy Queen
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh man, I'm sorry. Lol. I'll go correct that.

whoaWhitney
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Hello group - this game is going to be recycled due to inactivity.
You can always request it to be reinstated should you wish to continue with it.
Please PM any of the mods if you wish your game to be brought back.
Let me know if you have any questions
-whit