PDA

View Full Version : Duel Arcane- Davrin (cfavano) vs. Dezeroth (Eddren)

Cfavano
06-17-2013, 01:52 PM
The wind blew a small dust devil across the flat land. Structures, some ruined, some still standing dot the area: wooden palisades, stone walls and pillboxes, archer towers, and a small fort or two. This is one of the Scaravian training compounds that simulates a real battlefield. It is not in use today, and is completely empty, with the exception of two lone figures; Davrin Ozander, and Dezeroth A'kyer.

Davrin stands with his arms crossed. "So, you came." He says. "And here I thought you'd be too scared to. But it's good, because I can prove to you how much better I am." Davrin points at Dezeroth. "You shall be the first stepping stone on my path to greatness! Prepare yourself!" He sinks into an unarmed fighting stance as wind and dust swirls around him. "Because here I come!" He punches with his left fist, then his right, and then he does a forward kick. With each strike, a fireball shoots out, heading right for Dezeroth.

Eddren
06-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Dezeroth, a Mage through and through, wasn't really known for being caught unaware by simple fireballs. Raising his left hand up to his temple, fingers pointing to the right, he gathered a barrier of winds. With each fireball that came, he allowed them to get swept up until it created a flaming tempest. Closing his hand, this tempest separated itself into miniature, swirling balls of flame and wind before combining into lightning, which arced for the sorcerer. "Foolish child. You lack discipline."

Cfavano
06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
"Discipline? Pah!" Davrin stomps the ground and a wall of stone rises from the ground in front of him. The lightning hits the stone, shattering it into sharp fragments, but dissipating from the blow. "I have power! That's all I need. He thrusts his palms towards Dezeroth, and the fragments in the air straighten, and shoot toward Dezeroth like spinning daggers. "Take this, egghead!"

Eddren
06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
With a motion of his hand, the sands around them kick. Some of it solidifies into a platform below his feet, taking him safely away. The rest of it forms a screen to cover this shift in position. Bringing the sand back over to him, he clumped it together before flash-glassing it. He pointed at Davrin, allowing for a shower of glass rain down on him. "Yes, yes. Power, power, power. Unfortunately for you...I have more of that, too."

Cfavano
06-17-2013, 05:26 PM
"Really, now? I think not!" Davrin waves both of his arms in a flowing motion and a gale forms in front of him, catching the glass and blowing it safely away. After that he runs directly at Dezeroth, a bold move. But then, part way there, he thrusts his hands at the ground and a gust of wind, aimed below, sends him shooting into the air, to dodge an expected attack. His mantle allows him to glide quickly towards Dez, while he fires small balls of air pressure at Dez. However this is just a distraction as he quickly drops to the ground and lands behind Dez. After doing this, he quickly spins while dragging his foot along the ground, and into a kick. Not a spell, an actual kick. If he dodged or blocked that, Davrin would begin a flurry of quick jabs aimed toward Dez's face, intermingled with small, short-range firebursts from his fist.

Eddren
06-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Dezeroth, who simply sat and waited for him to make his move, watched as the man shot into the air. When he began firing little aerial projectiles, he dodged...Toward where the man had been previously standing. Turning the platform to face Davrin, he shook his head, but pointed down at the sand below his foes' feet, which coalesced and then shot toward the Mage, forming into a blade that looked like it should simply crumble. "I'm not exactly sure what you expected, but if it was for me to stand in the same spot while you closed the distance between us, you're very sadly mistaken." It was a very condescending voice; at this time, the Mage had little faith that the man realized just how stupid he looked to him. "But anyway. Go ahead. Let's see the full might of your 'power.'

Cfavano
06-17-2013, 06:06 PM
"Oof!" Davrin says as he lands on his back. "Didn't see that coming." Davrin performs a backwards roll back on to his feet. "Well, I guess it was foolish of me to expect an egghead like you to fight like a man. I wonder what that hot little piece of tail Karrha sees in you. Maybe after I beat you, I'll woo her. Then she'll be my partner. Hee Hee ha." Davrin grins. While he was talking, he had secretly been focusing, and he stomps the ground under him, and a sharp bundle of rock spires shoot up the Pillar of sand that Dezeroth was standing on, seeking to impale him. If he had dodged that, Davrin would launce a whiplash of air toward Dez with a flick of his wrist.

Eddren
06-17-2013, 06:19 PM
The rock-spires came, alright, and when they pierced his sand, Dezeroth simply pointed down at the one straight below him. The earth crumbled into a somewhat more blunt, safe platform which, as it was rising, saw him get whipped off of it. Raising the sand to catch his fall, he allowed it to explode outward before touching a pillar. His hand seemed to make it waver for a while, before it formed into a sword. The upper half that remained, now lacking in the support of the upper half, collapsed. Using Earth magic, he aimed this collapse toward the Sorcerer. Now he held two swords, though both simply remained in his hands. Fire magic dancing up the one made of sand, it quickly glassed over and propelled itself toward the man.

Cfavano
06-17-2013, 07:28 PM
As the blade and pillar of sand shot toward him, Davrin bent over, bringing his palms face-up to the ground, then swung them upward as he straightened himself. This brought up a half dome of rock to shield him. However, it appeared to be too little, as he, and the dome were completely submerged. It looks as if Dezeroth was the winner.

However, he was not. For a few minutes, nothing at all seemed to happen. But then, Davrin burst from the sand right in front of Dezeroth as a surprise attack, too close for Dez to effectively use his swords. Davrin leads off, using the momentum of his movement, to try to land a devastating flying knee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTGxj6zOzEU) to Dez's chest. If it hits, and he is still standing, Davrin would try to hit Dez across the face with a well-placed elbow strike. If he did fall, Davrin would try to finish him off with a close-blast of razor wind.

Eddren
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
That was all, of course, under the assumption that Dezeroth did not use a trick of his own. Which was assuming a lot. Raising a hand, the wind behind him suddenly was sucked into his hand, creating a distinct lack of air in that area. The lack of air threw the mage backward, landing him safely away from the knee, and allowing him to bring up the stone weapon in defense against the razor-winds thrown at him. In his upraised hand was now a spear. "Two of the elements I needed," The mage stated calmly, "Just another two and this battle won't end well for you." Tossing the spear into the air, it remained where it was, simply waiting to be unleashed. Dezeroth rose a hand, waiting for the man to make his next move. "But at least you're starting to try something beyond brute strength."

Cfavano
06-18-2013, 01:06 AM
"I honestly haven't a clue what you are speaking of. It seems to me like it is I who have you on the ropes. I have yet to be even fighting seriously. While it is true, I cannot yet use the 'conglomerate elements', our styles are very different. While you, in all your trickery, have practiced 1000 spells but once..." He edges his feet apart slightly, curling his fingers and grinning. "I have practiced one spell a thousand times!" Davrin does a spin and claws air the air with his one hand, moving in a circle. The ground around Dezeroth's feet begins to sink in like quicksand. This probably wouldn't hold him, but if it at least distracted him it would be enough. Dez can feel the air change around him. It is, somehow, purer. Dravrin moves his other hand back in front of him, and snaps his fingers, releasing a spark. Suddenly, the air around Dez explodes in a fireball. The change in the air had been Davin increasing the concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere.

Eddren
06-18-2013, 03:58 AM
Davrin was right in one aspect. The quicksand had distracted him. However, as the air became easier to breath, the Mage got a flamboyant smile on his face, taking a deep breath. His spear also enlarged. As the fireball exploded around him, it dissipated...Most of it. An orb of it remained in the Mages' free-hand, the man unscathed. "Interesting idea. A large fireball. Too bad for you, fire doesn't exist in vacuums. I'm sure you can imagine what I did." Tossing the ball into the air, it stayed along with the spear. He uncorked his waterskin, now. "Actually, I lied. It was only one element, and you completed it for me. Thank you." The water flowed out of the waterskin, as green, flowing from the now-crumbling sword, red from the now-flickering fire, and white from the now-shrinking, floating spear combined with the liquid. It turned black momentarily, before turning red and growing substantially larger.

"Arcane blood," He said airily, "It's one of those conglomerates you were talking about. Oh, and as for those thousand spells...That's not really how Magic works. It's closer to language. What you basically said is, 'You might know a thousand insults, but I use the same one over and over again!' Really, quite a charming prospect...But not very effective."

Cfavano
06-18-2013, 04:12 AM
"Fancy." he looks at the spear. "And flashy, too. But you must be nearing your limit. I've heard about how you fight. You plan ahead, and use magical rituals, and spend a lot of your time focusing. All this moving around and quick-casting must be frustrating to you. But, in all your plotting, planning, and thinking. You've forgotten one little thing. It's such a small thing, you've probably not even considered it. I won't spoil the surprise." Davrin draws his dagger, and it grows, becoming the scimitar, as the vile poison drips off of it. "So, go ahead, little rabbit. Cast your spell. because obviously, you are too weak to fight me like a man."

Eddren
06-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Dezeroth outwardly laughed. "You want to use an enchanted weapon against me? And you call yourself a man?" He smirked, "Very well." He pulled out his saber, "Come at me, then." The blood swirled around him, "We'll see just what it is that I overlooked."

Cfavano
06-22-2013, 08:45 PM
"At least I don't rely on tricks and bright lights. But, since you seem so keen on using magic...Davrin raises his scimitar and seems to rush Dez, however the rush was a fake-out, and before Either one got into melee range, Davrin made a grab and pull motion with his had, and he attempts to forcibly pull the air out of Dezeroth's lungs, this would at least knock the wind out of him, if not collapse one or more of his lungs. Once Dez would be distracted by that, Davrin would hopw forward and swing his scimitar in a downward diagonal across Dez's chest.

Eddren
06-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Davrin's forward charge was just as Dezeroth had hoped. It didn't matter to him whether or not the man-child utilized magic or not; he wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to move around a whole lot. And a forward run would do just that. Especially when one is casting a spell. Motioning forward, the blood shot out into a dozen or so small ice-spikes, basically covering the area and ensuring that dodging wouldn't be an issue.

Dropping to one knee as the breath was knocked out of him, the Mage almost laughed at how sloppy the man was. He's forgotten the blade's only gotten smaller, said a small voice in his head. A tidbit of the blade broke off, heading for his mouth and down through his lungs. The rest, however, landed in front of him, hitting the ground and battering the sword with winds. Just enough to slow down the weapon.

Bringing up his own sword, he aimed to simply sever the weapon, utilizing the weapons' enchantment to activate his sword, before twisting it into a stabbing motion for the area just to the left and down from the shoulder, knowing the man would dodge, knowing that he'd hit the cloak and his weapon would turn to a vorpal edge.