PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow War(OOC)

Sigma
06-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Rated M: Blood, Excessive Violence, gore, possible sexual content, and language.

The year was 2205, by which time humanity had discovered the key to interstellar travel, the creation of the hyperdrive. It had led humans to terraform and settle on the worlds of the Sol system and beyond--in the past four hundred years, humans had expanded to many star systems, leading to the establishment of a new interstellar government known as the United Earth Alliance. It's purpose was to oversee the Earth's colonial possessions and the planet itself. Soon, humans would come into contact with many species, and quickly become a growing power.

It is now the year 2580. The United Earth Alliance has emerged as one of the most powerful and influential superpowers in the galaxy, controlling many worlds far and wide. The Alliance has lived alongside many alien powers, making treaties and forming partnerships with nearby nations. What they didn't know was that they had made enemies as well...

From the far corners of the Milky Way, a strange force had came from the darkness, and ravaged across the galactic rim. To the Alliance, it was not a concern. However, at some point in, some governments started losing contact with their worlds. At first, it was believed to be acts of rebellion, but as more worlds were lost, it became clear the situation was more serious and that any local anti-rebel response had failed. Fleets were sent to deal with the problem—obviously, the powers thought, it was simply a very determined rebellion. None of the fleets ever returned, and the UEA and others still had no clue as to what was going on. Finally, the Alliance and several other governments recalled all sorts of available ships and sent them to the last planet they lost contact with. Only one human battleship returned, literally falling apart, with its crew driven completely insane with fear. Those that were sane enough to speak of their terror revealed this much, saying it repeatedly:

"The Shadows are coming, the Shadows are coming. The end draws near.."

Others ignored the crew member's ramblings, dismissing them as inane ramblings; “Shadows”, after all, were merely bedtime stories to scare children. The Alliance, however, investigated the matter seriously. Just before they were about to make progress as to the identity of these “Shadows”, the attackers arrived at the galactic terminal world of New Edo and began a massive invasion. This battle over the planet would be part of a chain of events that would soak the galaxy in the blood of trillions.

---------------

Name:
Species:
Homeworld:
Affiliation:
Appearance:
Personality(optional):
Bio:
Other:

---------------

Note: While I need some chatacters who are military, I'd like there to be some regular civilians as well who'll get caught in the crossfire.

John
06-15-2010, 12:14 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Anne Bonny
06-15-2010, 05:47 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/RPAdventures)

Sigma
06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the help anne! :)

And I'll give RP of the Week a try, hopfully it's get people interested.

Mary Sue
06-16-2010, 03:01 AM
*brings Reserved post from previous RP to this one.* I found the right one this time! :D

Sigma
06-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Yay!

Now I just need a few more and I can get this started.

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 01:56 AM
So I'm curious...Is the RP going to start on New Edo as it's being invaded by the Shadows?

Sigma
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Nope. it'll start a little while before they attack.

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Okay...And what kind of limits are there on Alien races? :D

Sigma
06-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, any race from any known universe is allowed, just so long they are not too powerful. though this is rp is pretty much a players verse world thing.

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 06:35 PM
So...a panet of Beastmen isn't too far off the allowed-o-meter? Sweet. :)

Sigma
06-18-2010, 06:40 PM
No! absolutely not! grr...(kidding)

Anyway, can't wait to see your character. I might start after to hopfully get some attention.

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 06:41 PM
lol. Sweet. I've got a few awesome characters lined up then! :D
You won't be dissappointed.

Sigma
06-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Your making more then one? if so, awesome!

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I have designs in the making for two currently. I might stick with two but...well you never know with me. :D

EDIT: I'll just post my profiles here to avoid double posting.
Here's the first unfinished profile. XD
Name: Xander
Sex: Male
Species: Pran - The species resemble elves in appearance, with long lean bodies, sharp features, and pointed ears. However, they have very dark grey skin.
Homeworld: Pranar - A dark, shadowy world that receives more night than day. In the day the sky is usually purple with dark clouds. The environment is well adapted to the little sunlight. There is agriculture, and commerce, etc.... but you probably shouldn't eat the fruits and vegetables unless you know which ones are good for you.
Affiliation: United Earth Alliance
Appearance:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/Luna-sama/Anima______No__23_by_Wen_M.jpg
Personality: Xander is a laid back guy with regard for rules. He enjoys adventure and danger. However, he carries an air of mystery around him and he acts like a man with several skeletons in his closet.
Bio: Xander comes from a planet that's shrouded in mystery. He started life as a merchant when selling illegal weapons nearly put an end to his life. Not much is known about him... (mainly because I'm still thinking of his background...)
Other: He possesses a pet from his home planet that travels with him from planet to planet...which could be a violation of planetary travel...but he won't say, if he even cares.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/Luna-sama/The_Hybrid.png

Sigma
06-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Pretty good so far. I'm now in process of making the IC.

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 07:44 PM
The beastman is on his way. Everyone loves a nice strong tiger-warrior. Can we say Thundercats-Ho? XD

Sigma
06-18-2010, 07:54 PM
You gonna use a thundercat character?

Mary Sue
06-18-2010, 07:57 PM
No. It was just a joke Sigma. *pats head* Don't worry about it. XD

Sigma
06-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Just wondering.

Now for a progress report. the prologue is complete, now just to do a bit for chapter 1 and were set.

Edit: it's ready!

Mary Sue
06-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Ok. I'll post in it later tonight. :)
By the way, I'm using Muse's computer right now because mine is not working so I can't put up the other profile just yet...well...I can't post pictures. XD
If anything, I can bring him in later.

Sigma
06-20-2010, 04:26 PM
That'd be great, thanks!

Black
06-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Editing my posted profile, it'll be back up when I can get it up. 2-3 days

Lord Veneficus
07-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Can people still join? If so... here's my character.

Name: Marshal Zarikos

Species: Human

Homeworld: Earth

Affiliation: None

Appearance: 6'3', of normal muscular build. He has chocolate brown hair, which is buzzed and purple (genetically altered) eyes. He wears a suit of black ablative ceramic armor; it is crusted with blood in some places. He walks with a slight limp from a wound in his left leg.

Personality: (could I leave this out? I'd prefer to show it through his words and actions.)

Bio: Born and raised in the United States on Earth, Marshal joined the Marines at age 18 and did extensive tours around the galaxy. He is classified as Spec Ops and gained acclaim in the military for his proficiency in many skills pertaining to his career. He was honorably discharged when the bullet wound in his leg prevented him from continuing his work across the galaxy. He has since recovered and travels around the galaxy as a mercenary.

Sigma
07-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Wow, forgot about this. but yes, people can still join.

And yes, you can leave his personally out if you wish.

Lord Veneficus
07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Okay. Well there's my character, Mister Sigma.

Sigma
07-03-2010, 11:59 PM
You can post whenever. the IC is already up.

Mary Sue
07-04-2010, 04:16 AM
You never said we could leave out personality! XD

Sigma
07-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Lol, perhaps I should remove it.

Edit: Scratch that, I'll just make it optional.

Mary Sue
07-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Name: Nero Vangard
Species: Rundalian
Homeworld: Rundal - Rundal is a planet that resembles earth almost exactly. It is the third planet in its solar system, has an almost identical atmosphere, and is 70% water. The animal species are similiar... The differences lie in that Rundal has no humans. It's intelligent life forms consist of highly evolved beast-men. Most of the planet's time period resembles medieval Europe, but the planet of Rundal has several trading centers where the Rundalian beast-men have done business with intergallactic traders. Becuase of thier mostly underdeveloped planet, Rundalians mostly export animals and a special isotope of Iron that is immensely magnetic and can only be mined in Rundalian mountains ranges.
Affiliation: United Earth Alliance
Appearance:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/Luna-sama/d2eb.jpg
Personality: Meh...
Bio: When Nero was a cub, he stumbled upon a UEA ship that had crash landed in the forest. The entire ship's crew was dead except for one man. The one man was trying to pull his comrad's bodies out of the ship.
Nero approached the man and tried to ask if he needed assistance. However, the man's translator had broken in the crash. The man seemed alarmed at first, but he and Nero worked together in silence until the men were pulled from the wreckage and buried.

As the sun began to set, they stood side by side observing the graves and Nero let out a sad growl. The man smiled and placed his hand on Nero's furry head. With his other hand he reached over to his shoulder, ripped off his UEA badge, and placed it in Nero's tiny paws.

"We aren't that different, little cub." He said in English and switched to broken Rundalian. "You would make a great soldier..."

Nero clutched the badge to his chest, and stared into the dirty face of the soldier. Driven by that one sentence, he boarded the next merchant ship, and headed off to join the UEA.

Other: n/a

toxias
07-05-2010, 12:30 AM
:D Hi all! Just a heads up, posting will be a little sporadic for me until the 21st, since I'm busy with vacation until then ;)

Name: Melanie Dundien
Sex: Female
Species: Dura
Homeworld: Cryf- A planet with a climate and size much like Earth’s, Cryf was known as Earth’s sister planet for a long time, displacing Venus from her throne. Although not a twin planet, Cryf was alike enough to earth that a species extremely similar to humans were able to evolve. The Duras are remarkably similar to humans. However, they are considered physically (and sometimes mentally) superior in many ways. This superiority varies from Dura to Dura. However, most Duras have naturally carbon enforced bones. Melanie’s own enhanced abilities include strength, agility, reflex (reaction time), and hearing. Despite these traits, Duras are remarkably similar to humans in nearly every aspect. However, there is one cultural trait that stands out in stark contrast to Earth, and made relations between the sister planets shaky and distrustful for many years. Many Duras had certain advantages that, like Melanie, made them excellent fighters. The stadium was a key component to the Duras’ lives. People living in the wild rural regions would travel hours and days to a city, simply to watch a match. Sometimes people died, sometimes people didn’t. It depended on the combatants and the terms. All the same, a life as a Gladiator was fraught with danger. It was this ferocity and this constant attention to battle that kept Cryf and Earth apart for many years. It was only extremely late into the formation of the UEA that Cryf finally joined.
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Appearance: http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z134/Simpleonly000234/Olivia.jpg
Personality: Melanie is an extremely no nonsense person. She strongly believes in efficiency and getting things done right. Give Melanie a task, and you can be sure that it will be done. The thing that Melanie hates the most is failing. As a result, she often comes off as harsh and extremely strict. She has an aura about her that inspires both love and fear, awe and hatred. Melanie has a famously hot temper, and she’s capable of getting angry over the smallest of things. It’s very difficult to tell when Melanie will take things in stride, or when she decide the throw one of her infamous fits. But Melanie’s tolerance equals her anger, which is her saving grace. She knows when to keep her cool, making people wonder if her rage is all just a charade. Melanie doesn’t cool off. She “drops” to ice cold. People who have witnessed her change in attitude compare it to a flick of a switch. All the same, it’s best not to anger Melanie. She’s actually quite a tolerant person, able to stand up to the most annoying and irritating of things. It is simply failure that she hates and fears. Whenever she has nothing to do, she is a decent person to hang around, easy going and good natured. However, since her planet was destroyed, she hasn’t been that person for a while.
Bio: Melanie was born in a lower class family with a bevy of younger brothers and one little sister. They essentially lived upon a shoe string budget, but they had long ago accepted their place in the social stratum and they were happy enough. But Melanie, ever the go-do-it person, wouldn’t settle for anything less that she could do. At a young age, she secretly joined a gang. It was from them she first learned how to fight. And found out she was good at it. She was known as Little Lightning in the gang, simply because she was so young yet so good at stealing. However, after a while, her father found out what Melanie was doing in her spare time. However, instead of punishing her, he cut her a deal. Melanie quit breaking the law in exchange for sparring lessons from her father. As it turns out, he was a Gladiator in his younger days before retiring from the bloody profession and working in a factory. He had hoped none of his children would be inclined to fighting, but Melanie clearly was. And he knew better than to stop her when she really wanted something.

Melanie refined her skills with her father, learning the spear first. Fights in the stadium were strictly medieval weapons. Killing with guns would simply be too boring. Before long, Melanie had her first fight in the stadium. As time passed, her name became more and more renowned. She began to experiment with various unorthodox weapons that confused her opponents and gave her an edge she rarely seemed to need. Suddenly, Melanie’s success in the Stadium jerked her family out of poverty and into a life that was bathed in lime light. It seemed all was finally going the Dudien’s way. They couldn’t be prouder of their eldest child. It might seem a terrible occupation for Melanie from a human’s point of view, but it was a great honor in hers. Her father taught her to battle with honor and pride. She not only became one of the best Gladiators, but the most loved.

But all things fall apart. Melanie’s family had not moved into their new home but for less than a year when Melanie was asked by the Council Government to make a trip to Earth in an attempt to help relations. What better than to have one of the greatest Gladiators in the realm smooth the way for diplomacy? Melanie readily agreed, a much less bitter person then compared to now. Relations with Earth were already relatively firm, but the Council wanted to be sure. So Melanie left and did her part for her plaet. But when she left to return, the ship would only take her part of the way. The captain couldn’t see Cryf, and in its place was a hazy darkness. He turned back and dropped Melanie on New Edo, adamant on his decision regarding returning to Cryf. News traveled fast about the planet-assumed-dead, and Melanie could find no ship to carry her back to her planet and her family. Despite being extremely angry, Melanie could do nothing. So she eventually settled down and became a bounty hunter, learning how to use more modern weapons. But the bitterness has never left her heart that no one even bothered to attempt to save her planet, or even discover what had really happened.

The first time a UEA recruiter contacted her, remembering her fame as a gladiator, he left Melanie’s little house in a near dead state. A few people still approach Melanie, but most stay away from her now. Melanie has made it clear that she refuses to fight for the UAE, even if it means that a planet will fall. Even if it means galaxies will fall. After all, if they did nothing for her, why should she do anything for them?
Other:

Koti~
07-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Name- Denki
Age- 14
Height- 4’5”
Weight- 89 lbs
Gender- male
Race- humanoid
home world-earth
Title- CAso user
Occupation- none
Job- None

Appearance- He has one emerald green eye and one ice blue eye. He has a smooth face and brown red hair. He has one bionic arm from an accident when he was 6. His left eye, the one that is blue, is really a scanner. His left ear is scarred slightly from the eye surgery.

He wears a blue shirt with black pants and a white overcoat. He had white gloves to use his energy. A small panel on his right arm allows his to view info from his scanner and to locate high spots of Crsytalline ore. He wears black colored boots to protect his feet from his Crsytalline roller blades. He has two weapon hilts that are hard to see. The dagger hilt is located in the top of his right boot. The sword hilt is located on his back so the tip of the hilt barely shows above his white coat.

Personality- He is dedicated to his job and will take on any mission. When with people, he is very easy going and relaxed. When on a mission, he becomes very serious and determined. He will fit into the role his job requires almost flawlessly. He is odd though, as he is sometimes seen talking to machines.

Weapons- He has three weapons that he always carries, although two drain on his energy the longer he keeps them activated.

Caso dagger- A small dagger that he uses for stealth operations. It has a blue curved serrated blade with a white hilt. The blade does more than normal danger to the body. The blades are very cold and can cause frost bite if left in the opponent

Caso blade- A normal length sword with a white blade and blue hilt. The blade is lighter than normal since it is made of Phazon. This blade will short circuit the nerves if left in the opponents body to long.

Grapple gun- A small hole opens on the palm of his hand, which fires a folded hook that springs open. The metallic rope is about 30 meters long and very durable. This weapon is only used for recovery and scaling tall objects.

Gene Manipulation- He has the ability to “talk” to machines. Due to his type of energy he can talk and control some types of machines that move. Anything from cars to heavy machines, or toasters or coffee makers. He can talk to some control panels to find out what they do, but he cannot make them do anything. He also uses the ore called Phazon. Every time he uses phazon, his eyes turn gold

Caso dagger/blade-
Cost- little, but drains the longer he has it out.
Cast- The hilts are designed that when he swipes his hand over them, they reach and the weapons form inside the blade.
Effect- creates his basic weapons-
Counter- EM pulse or a shock to his system

Caso bullet
Cost- little
Cast- small blue and white orbs float around him, which start to spin around him
Effect- The orbs are shot at high speed, allowing them to piece almost any type of metal.
Counter- EM pulse or dodge them.

Caso hands
Cost- low to medium
Cast- the small orbs converge on his robotic hand which is shot out to force the person away from him. The hand can cause nerve damage, but only in dense amounts.
Effect- the hand pushes his opponent away from him. In areas dense with Phazon ore, the energy can do damage to the nervous system.
Counter- Dodge it or EM Pulse

Caso Wave-
Cost- moderate to high
Cast- The small orbs gather in large amounts around him converting into a large ball
Effect- When the spell is at max, the ball is fired at the person, exploding upon impact. This spell is stronger the closer the opponent is.
Counter- Dodge it or EM pulse

Caso rollers-
Cost- little, but have constant drain the longer they are on
Cast- The small orbs concentrate around the bottom of his feet.
Effect- The rollers allow him to move at fast speeds around rough terrain. TH drain depends upon the terrain.
Counter- EM pulse

Caso barrier
Cost- little
Cast- He concentrates the orbs to act as a barrier to deflect lasers or other energy back at the opponents.
Effect- makes a small shield which he can move with his hand so he doesn’t have to make it into a large bubble around him.
Counter- EM pulse

Caso armor
Cost- little, but has a drain for every hit.
Cast- the small orb concentrate to form armor around him to protect from normal blades and some lasers.
Effect- makes armor to protect him from normal blades or some lasers.
Counter- EM pulse

Strength- He is very agile and fast. He can reach up to 24 mph and can jump up to 6 feet in height. With the Caso rollers, he can reach up to 50 mph. He has great reflexes, but not flawless. He still can be hit but is very hard to do so. His right arm can also punch through most solid object, since it’s bionic and very hard to break. He also can scan object, humans, and monsters and pull up any info on them, as long as it is already placed on the internet. He is able to get into places that normal people he works with cannot. Also he can talk to some electronic machines from toasters to some control panels. He is also able to detect high sources of Crystalline ore in an area.

Weaknesses- Due to his unique ability to talk to machines and his Caso energy, he is very weak to EM pulses or any high electrical current. If hit by electricity or EM, his entire body will go into a suspended state of animation for about 24 hours or until he gets restarted. His eyes also turn gold every time he uses Phazon energy, which can cause people to have an advantage over him

Quick History- He grew up in the suburbs, living a normal life. When he turned 6 he learned about his unique ability to talk to machines, which lead to some interesting moments of his life. HE then went to an academy to hone his blade and speed skill. This is also where his accident happened.

He was playing in a restricted area. The area was restricted due to the high amounts of Crsytalline ore in the area. The people had been mining it, but the area had become unstable and very weak. He was training his running speeds when he feel down into a mine shaft. Unaware of the danger, he ran through the rough terrain. He came to a weak spot in the area, and unaware of the danger, started working with his swords on the rock. He slammed his blade into one of the beams when it collapsed onto him, causing his right arm and causeing massive damage to his right eye. The area that had fallen on him was full of Crystalline ore. He got severe phazon poisoning into his entire body, which caused the 80% of water in his body to be replaced by Crystalline. The radiation from it effected his brain waves to the point where he could control the Crystalline with his mind, but he doesn't know how. At the age of 12 he left the academy to find work. He went through many different jobs, not being able to find the right one.

Hope this works