PDA

View Full Version : [PG-13] Cold Shoulder (Raezela and Naraness)

Naraness
07-02-2013, 06:17 AM
A bitter wind repeatedly stole the breath from Zachary's lungs. The gale was fierce, but he grit his teeth through it, knowing it would pass in a few moments. Bundled in a warm, two-sizes-too-big coat, he collected what little dry wood he could find beneath a thick old oak tree. the ground beneath it's boughs was mostly clear of snow, but moisture had still found it's way in. The wood would struggle to burn, and his mother would not be happy. Sighing, he continued to gather the best he could find, knowing that the better he did, the warmer he would be in the coming night.

Zach (http://cache.thisorth.at/00000/01020/190.460x325.jpg) wasn't the most notable man in the world. At nineteen, he was still living with his family, learning the way of cobbling from his father. It would be a long boring life for him. He had hazel eyes the color of moss and mud, dirty blond hair and a face that couldn't grow a hair if his life depended on it. He had handsome, boyish features which might have been eye catching if they weren't covered in dirt and coal smudges. But despite his outward appearance he was a kind, hardworking lad. Maybe this was because his parents had always forced him to be, but nonetheless.

With his arms filled to the brink with firewood, he began to walk back towards his home. The snow had begun to work in between the folds of his leather boots, and it burned like fire on his skin. Trudging along, he heard something which carried to him in the wind... Something that caught his complete attention.

Rae
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Elizabeth (http://image.funscrape.com/images/m/miranda_kerr-14103.jpeg) hummed softly, her spirits high and her aura bright. She'd snuck off a bit early this morning, leaving the guards and maids to wonder where she'd gone. Her parents were out of town so she was acting up a bit more than usual, she hardly ever got to have fun, why not tour the town and take a little hike? True... it was cold. Very, very cold. However, she knew she'd be able to handle herself, and had bundled up in three different dresses to stay warm.

She folded her hands behind her back and continued through the snow, slowly starting to trudge as the snow fell harder and the flakes began to prick her face. "Didn't think it'd get so cold," She said with a shaky breath, her voice just barely audible through the sudden harsh winds. She'd started to hum again to keep from getting worried, she now realized she'd lost the little path she'd seen a a good mile back and was now wandering aimlessly.

"Oh God," She breathed, glancing around frantically and shouting 'hello?' to see if anyone might be out here by some stroke of luck. She rubbed her hands together and winced as the snow seemed to roar and come down harder, she started forward, finally seeing an old sign that was very familiar to her. It led to her family's winter house (http://www.adventuremedianews.com/clients/123247/images/Grand%20Lodge%20in%20Winter.jpg)! Right?

((Figured he could hear her humming somehow? Souuulmates. Lol, jk. Winter house and Elizabeth are two links to their appearances, btw, also, here's the interior (http://assets.homesessive.com/styles/gallery_large/s3/HOMESLICE-Unusual-Inspiring-Cabin3.jpg)(If you don't like it we can change it!) ))

Naraness
07-02-2013, 09:31 PM
It was the sound of soft, lovely humming that caught his attention. And then, the call of a small voice which he could barely hear as the snow began to fall harder, and the wind started to deafen him. "Is someone there?" he called, thinking maybe the wind had tricked him. He squinted. Barely, he could see a form through the descending sheets of snow. "Hello?"

At this time the wind had grown so fierce that it felt as if it was pushing him away from his home, deeper into the woods. It would be a struggle to return to his family, and no doubt he'd get a smack for taking so long. It wasn't his fault that he'd had to go farther than normal to find wood. The land was drenched in hard, wet, icy snow. It might even be a bit dark by the time he returned. If he returned. Oh now that's nonsense. He told himself. But the way it was snowing, he might become disoriented and lost.

There was a pause, the snow stopping just long enough that he could clearly see a woman standing not a hundred yards away. It must have been a minor miracle that he had heard her through the wind at that distance. "Miss?" He called, taking a few steps towards her. She'll freeze out here... He thought, unable to think of a reason why she would be out in this cutting cold.

(Looks great to me! :D)

Rae
07-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Elizabeth turned her head, silently thanking God there was someone else out there. She trudged forward, thanking him again when the snow seemed to stop. She soon was a lot closer to the male, tilting her head to the side and trying to hide her flushed face. She was shivering and felt a bit frozen, actually. She held her hand up to block the falling snow, hurrying closer to the figure until she was just a few feet away, "You stuck out here too?" She called out, wincing as the snow storm started up again.

Of all days for there to be a blizzard, why on the one day she decides to go out and enjoy herself?

"There's a cabin we can stay in till it passes over!" She shouted over the snow, despite their closeness she doubted he could hear her very well over the howling wind. It was fairly scary in her opinion, her eyes scanned through the crisp white flakes until she found the arrow shaped sign again, "This way!" She called out, hurrying in that direction. If she could just get there... She knew there'd be plenty of food, logs and blankets for the night. Surely it'd pass over tomorrow evening, right?

((A little rushed, sorry, I'm like, eh, a little brain dead. ))

Naraness
07-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Zach wasn't entirely sure how to respond. "But... the only cabin for miles belongs to the royal house!" He was completely confused. Though he was completely confident that he could return to his own house, there was a lingering sense of responsibility in his gut. He had never met this girl, but he couldn't just leave her out here, could he? Of course not. He had to make sure she got out of this storm safely, so there really wasn't much choice for him.

Readjusting the firewood in his arms, he trudged after her, plowing steadily through the snow. What had previously been a light, almost pleasant snowfall was becoming nearly unbearable. The ice crystals seemed sharp now, and they stung upon contact with his skin. Cringing, he caught up to the woman and walked at her side. Bits of frozen water hung on his eyelashes, obscuring part of his view. He could see a distant form through the white, which he assumed was their destination. What was he getting into? He had no idea. But the way he could feel snow piling up on his back he knew that that cabin was their only chance to escape from freezing to death.

((That's okay, I'm practically a zombie right now so I know the feeling. Lol))

Rae
07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
She didn't respond, she simply rolled her eyes and kept going. Once they'd reached the ramp that lead to the cabin she was sad to see it was covered in ice. She grabbed onto the railing and carefully made her way up, "Drop the wood, if you really need it we've got a ton stored up in here," She shouted over the winds.

Eventually she made her way up the ramp, slipping and sliding and nearly falling before she made it to the patio door. She knew it'd be unlocked, no one really knew of this cabin out here, and there were usually knights up here, though this snow storm was the exception to their absence. She fought with the sliding door until it slid open, her first instinct was to hurry in and slam it, though she held it open for him, motioning for him to hurry.

Naraness
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Obediently he dropped the wood. Startled by her immediate authority over him, he made his way up the ramp. He clung awkwardly to the railing, fumbling and sliding with each step. Trying not to look like a complete fool, he did his best to keep his balance and made it to the porch with minimal injury. Zach let out a breath. He rushed inside, washed in relief as he entered the protection of the cabin. He closed the door for her.

All it took was a quick glance and he was stunned by the inside of the cabin. So many windows... Windows bigger than he had ever seen before. Beautiful furniture, everything in it's place.. A single room as big as half of his house. Granted, he lived in a very tiny house, bu nonetheless his eyes grew and his jaw dropped. Gathering his senses, he looked at the woman, now beginning to put some of the pieces together. Her face... He had seen her face before, hadn't he? From a distance, yes, but many times. Staring for a moment longer than necessary, he was now sure that he was correct.

He was standing with the princess. He took a step back, unsure if he should introduce himself or get down on one knee. Zach had never met a royal before, he didn't know how to react.

Rae
07-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Elizabeth stretched a bit, quick to slip off all the dresses she'd had on but one, little red one. She tossed the other, wet and frozen ones near the fire, and turned to him, her hands on her hips. "Alright, you've got to make the fire, sadly I don't know how to... There are two guest rooms upstairs, though only one has a bed, the other is full of heirlooms and what not." You can shower-- I suggest you change into something from the closet, my father's clothes might be a little big but better than snow covered clothing."

She sighed, urging him to start the fire already. "I'm Elizabeth by the way-- And you?"

Naraness
07-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Zachary could only stammer, useless nonsense coming out of his mouth. "Oh, um, right. The fire..." He supposed that that was right. After all, if she was the princess than he had to obey, right? It was better than dying in a blizzard anyway. His eyes widened at the mere thought of changing into her father's clothes. The king's clothes, to be precise. "Are you sure?"

At this point, he was being urged to start the fire, and he quickly did so. There was a neat stack of wood next to the fireplace, and a small bottle of oil. He searched his pockets, finding a tiny box of tinder and matches. It was something he always kept with him. He piled some of the wood in the completely ash-free fireplace, hoping that he wasn't unknowingly doing something disrespectful or something. Like getting snow on the carpet, which he was.

He packed some of the tinder into the corners of the fireplace, and drizzled some of the oil over it for good measure. His numb fingers struggled to open the box of matches, and when it did open the sticks burst out all over the floor. He fumbled to gather them, and then, with shaking hands, struck one against the rough stone foot of the fireplace. It lit, and he brought it to the tinder which gratefully accepted the flame. He smiled, a welcoming warmth in front of his hands. Once the fire had grown a little, he added some more wood so it would burn for a good while. "There we go." he dusted off his hands, and shrugged off his jacket. Conscious of his every movement.

The princess... it was still a little hard for his mind to grasp. He gathered all the matches and put his tinderbox on the mantel. "Um, should, should I do something else?" He asked timidly.

Rae
07-02-2013, 11:01 PM
"Course I'm sure, you need to be warm, don't you?" She chucked a bit, her hands still on her hips as she stood by the fire. A lot of her skin was exposed, more so than a princess should ever let be. But right now she was still trembling and could careless what he saw. She sat, legs folded over the other and stretched out, by the fire, looking up to him with glistening brown eyes. He was acceptable. More so than all the other commoners. Seemed a bit too nervous for her liking, though. "Thank you."

She rubbed her hands together, whining and mumbling as she struggled to get warm. "No, thank you," She said softly, her voice still soft and melodic, "Just relax, I'm certain you're as tired as I am. What were you doing out there?"

(( I feel like I've made her too nice, I don't mean to its just how she is :x If you have any ideas on how they should fight or argue or whatever, let me know! ))

Naraness
07-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Zachary tried not to look at her. Not only was she very beautiful, but it was hard to take his eyes off of her without all the other dresses to cover her shoulders. He didn't want to be caught looking. "You're welcome..." He said, relaxing a little bit. He could see that she was cold, but she didn't want to ask for anything else. So, wordlessly he stood up and took a blanket which was neatly folded over the arm of one of the couches. He unfolded it and gently laid it over her shoulders, hoping it would help her to fend off the bitter chill.

"I was out gathering wood for my family." He said. "Oh, and... I'm Zachary." He realized that he had never answered her question from before. He couldn't help but be a little enchanted by the way she spoke, and wishes she would say something else. "Why were you out there?" he asked curiously.

Rae
07-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Elizabeth was quite taken with his appearance and his name, he'd scored points with her and they'd only just met!

She shrugged, "Ran away for the day," She said with a bit of a childish grin, as if it were a major accomplishment. "I'm sure the entire kingdom's in an uproar looking for me, but I don't like being so sheltered. Sounds a bit cliche, princess wanting to get out and live, but it's true. And even if it's just walk through the woods-- err, blizzard, it's still worth it." She smiled at him when he draped the blanket over her, at least he had manners.

"Do they always make you do all the work? Seems silly to have you fetch wood in such a storm," She said with a pout, stretching out and leaning against the wall nearest to the fire. She then let her eyes wander to the kitchen, she was rather hungry after her long walk.

Naraness
07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
He got kind of a funny look on his face. "Sounds like a story to me." In his mind, all the best stories started with a runaway princess. It also had to include a heroic prince, but this story was kind of lacking there. Zach sat back down, perhaps daring to be a little closer to her than he had been before.

He took her question into thought, pausing for a moment. Then he nodded. "Well, yes. Not all of it. But I don't have any siblings so there isn't a lot of room to spread the chores around." He shrugged, watching her line of site. He was hungry as well. thinking back, his mother had promised that dinner would be done by the time he got home, but seeing how the storm was turning he wouldn't be able to get there this evening. Or perhaps a few. He could already see the snow piling up against the glass door.

Rae
07-02-2013, 11:42 PM
She nodded, yawning lightly and humming to herself once again. It was her usual bad habit, something she did when she was worried or nervous. Despite her 'I don't care' persona, she was wondering if they were really freaking out over her. But that's what they got for keeping her caged like a boar, right?

She reluctantly rose to her feet, draping the blanket over him this time and then heading into the kitchen. She opened the fridge (I just realized, they didn't have refrigerators, or... Royals had something like that, right? D: )) and let her eyes scan the amount of food. There was, luckily, enough to last them a week or two, if not more. As well as plenty of juices and milk, and to her liking two big bottles of wine, something she secretly preferred to have before bed every night. No one knew that, either.

She pulled a wine bottle out and set it on the counter. She then grabbed two glasses, setting one out for him and filling her own with wine. "Help yourself, really," She said with another yawn.

She then pulled out a little Can and poured it into a boiling pot. She placed it on the stove, tampering with the fire til it was just right. She sighed, adding a few seasonings before heading over to the living room again and plopping down on the couch. "Soup sound good? If not, make whatever you like."

Naraness
07-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Zachary watched her, puzzled by the large box that contained food. He had never seen something like it. It appeared to be some sort of cabinet, only completely unfamiliar. "Soup sounds wonderful." He admitted, after a moment of quiet. "I'm starving." He hadn't yet had dinner. He thought back, remembering the smell of a wonderful stew cooking at home. His mother had only begun to boil it when he left. His stomach growled at the mere memory of potatoes plopping into the pot.

Zach wanted to help her cook, but he really wasn't any good in the kitchen. His mother always took care of that, he just did his duty and ate what was cooked. He had tried to make breakfast once, but after that been banned from even entering the kitchen. Thinking about it, his mother really was rather possessive of the job.

When the smell of what Elizabeth was cooking started to drift to him, he realized it really did smell much better than anything he had ever had at home. He couldn't wait to let the warmth of the meal fill him up. He looked at the wine glass, a little curious. "I'm alright, thank you though." He said, watching as she came back.

Rae
07-03-2013, 04:33 PM
She tilted her head back and let it rest On the arm of the couch. She looked at him with sleepy eyes, the haze of the wine settling in remarkably fast. She yawned, stretched, and then resumed sipping on her glass. Her face was flushed, her skin finally thawing out. She closed her eyes for a few moments but was forced to stay awake to take care of the soup.

(This is so short. But what should we do to have them argue/romantic moment.. They're both so nice it's hard to have them fight :p )

Naraness
07-03-2013, 04:38 PM
He really couldn't help but be enchanted by her. Maybe it was cliche, but there was something kind of... perfect about her. Maybe he just couldn't get over the fact that a princess was making him dinner. Maybe this was all some kind of wacky dream.

Zach realized once again that he was staring at her, and he looked away. His eyes settled on the fireplace instead. He tried to watch the flames but was simply too restless. He stood, and walked to the kitchen. He knew enough about cooking to keep soup from burning, right? "You can rest your eyes if you want." He said. "I'll watch the stove." He offered.

((No worries, I just got an idea and sent it to you in PM. (:)

Rae
07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
She smiled and closed them, but a good ten minutes later she felt her stomach growling and had no choice but to get up. She wobbled over to the stove where she helped him stir it, and then proceeded to pour it into two littlebowls; the rest being kept in the fridge for tomorrow.

"I'll be sleeping in my room, the guest room has a nice bed and a bathroom in it for you. Just ignore all the gold and what not, it's not to be touched," She said with serious eyes though she still bared a smile, "Even I can't touch it, father says.."

She patted his shoulder and whispered good night before heading up stairs. Being the only princess to still fear the dark at her age, not only did she leave the lights on but she demanded her room and his being open, so she could feel safer.

Naraness
07-03-2013, 05:03 PM
"G-gold?" He stuttered, surprised. He would have been completely happy to sleep on the couch, but if she insisted... "I won't touch it." He assured her with a small smile. He took the bowl of soup, letting it warm his hands before taking a sip. It filled him with warmth and chased the cold out of his limbs.
Zach watched her go, his shoulder tingling from where she had touched it. He followed after her, sipping on the soup as he went. His room, it turned out, had the most comfortable bed he had ever felt in his entire life. The moment he touched it he could feel his eyelids trying to drag him down into sleep.

He put a weight by the door to make sure it would stay open. He thought it was a little funny that she was afraid of the dark, but he didn't let that thought escape his lips. "Goodnight." He called gently as he settled into his bed, the last of his soup drained away.

Rae
07-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Elizabeth had trouble falling asleep. She usually had a knight keep watch just outside her door, or her pup to keep her company. Now, in her eyes, she was pretty much alone. Sure, his door was just a couple feet away... But it didn't comfort her too much. She shifted and turned until finally she conked out.

(Raccoon timeeee)

Naraness
07-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Zach had no trouble falling asleep. Despite his odd circumstances, the sound of the wind was actually very calming. Soon there was only quiet in the cabin.

At first, anyway. A soft, gentle scratching at the door was just the beginning. But this didn't rouse Zachary. He was fast asleep by the time this intruder began to enter. This particular intruder was frantic for a place to escape from the cold. The masked robber didn't intend to cause as much trouble as he was going to. He was, after all, just a raccoon. The creature didn't find it hard to get inside. It's eagerness for warmth spurred it into a frenzy as it dug through the bottom of the house. Once it had entered, creating an awful mess as it shoved through a loose floorboard, it shook itself off. Wet snow and mud flung off of it's monochromatic hide.

The smell of food was ever so alluring, and it quickly leaped onto the counter. This was where there was an empty pot. It licked the still-warm pot clean of any remaining soup, but it was hardly satisfying. Sweeping it's tail, it knocked the pot aside and it fell to the floor with a loud clamor. It's whiskers twitched. The creature could smell more food. It deftly jumped to the opposite counter, and began to claw at the cabinets. The door swung open, squeaking on it's hinges.

Upstairs, Zach was now awake. He frowned, wondering if Elizabeth was awake. Perhaps she was getting a midnight snack?

Rae
07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Elizabeth laid still, her heart beating out of her chest. Was it Zachary downstairs? He wouldn't make this much noise. What if it were to be a burglar? She wouldn't put it past the scum to come out here even during a blizzard-- They'd probably realized knights wouldn't be here because of it! She frowned and just laid there-- After closing her door and locking it, of course. She knew Zachary could defend himself a lot better than she could, and she was hope to think he'd been awakened and was checking it out right now.

She sat up on her bed, wishing she could call for a knight somewhere. She wrapped her blanket around her as protection from the cold draft, and nervously sat and waited for a knock or footsteps.

Naraness
07-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Zach frowned, and sat up. Elizabeth wouldn't make that much noise, would she? She seemed so lithe and agile. He stood up, and stepped into the hallway. The other door was closed. He thought that was odd, considering that the princess had insisted on the doors staying open. Without thinking, he went back into his room and took an ornamented dagger. Hopefully he wouldn't need it, and Elizabeth wouldn't have to find out he had touched it. But how else was he supposed to defend himself? He quietly snuck downstairs, his footsteps silent except for the creaking of the floorboards. In the kitchen was what he could call a terrible mess. Crackers and flour spilled on the floor, the wine bottle shattered and broken on the ground, and there was a creature that looked a lot bigger and scarier than it really was.

The raccoon turned to him and made a hissing sound. Zach paled, backing up. He pulled the dagger out of it's sheath and pointed it at the rascal. It seemed unfazed. "You get out of here, you, you thing!"

Rae
07-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Elizabeth heard Zachary's voice downstairs and panicked, her heart beat speeding up even more. Who or what was he talking to? An animal? How'd it get in here? She raced to the door, and poked her head out, hearing yet another bottle clashing against the wood and gasping. "Zach..." She wanted to yell out, but if it was a burglar, she might distract Zach and get him hurt-- Or the alleged "thing" might come after her.

Naraness
07-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Zach took a deep breath, and charged the thing. It shrieked and jumped over his shoulders, crashing into the living room. It shattered a figurine in the process. "No no, get out of there!" He shouted, chasing it. He swiped the air with the dagger, trying to get at it. But the raccoon was far faster than he was. He accidentally swiped the dagger into one of the couches as the creature leaped out of the way, escaping injury. Zachary was getting frustrated and worried, things were getting broken... the place looked awful compared to the neat, orderly way it had been when he first came.

For the first time, the raccoon actually made an attack at him. Zachary's eyes widened like coins and he stumbled back, the monster clutching his shirt and clawing at his face. "Ahhh!" He fell over backwards, knocking over the stack of firewood.

Rae
07-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Elizabeth was way too worried, she flung the door open and started down the steps. Having heard a sort of shriek, she figured it was an animal... But when she'd gotten a good look, it was..

"A Raccoon? Zach!" She hissed, "Look at this place! Just open the door and shoo the little guy out!" She gawked at the furnishings, torn white sofas and a few broken porcelain figures. "I told you not to touch anything!" She said with a frown, opening the sliding door and ignoring her body's hiss towards the cold climate. She grabbed a pillow and made her way around the Raccoon, shooing it back step by step until it turned around and, after a long hiss, ran out into the cold again. She slammed the glass door and frowned at Zach. She wouldn't have been so upset if it wasn't for her father's anger issues. He'd kill them both for this!

Naraness
07-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Zach's jaw dropped. He had just been attacked by a wild animal and she was just able to shoo it out the door? "I, I didn't mean to!" He said. The room was very clearly destroyed. Looking around, he could see that the damage was probably worth more money than he had ever seen in his life. He had also managed to put several dents in the dagger he chose to attack with. "I thought it might've been a burglar." He said quietly, putting the item down. His cheeks flushed a little as he realized how stupid he must have seemed to her.

But it wasn't really his fault, was it? "I was just trying to help." He claimed, trying to give himself a little bit of justice.

Rae
07-04-2013, 07:08 PM
"Well I know that," She said with a pout, "But honestly, either grab a knife from the kitchen or just open the door and leave.. A... A crumb trail or something! My father might hang us both for this!"

While one might think she was exaggerating, she really wasn't. She'd been slapped enough times by her own father to know her place, and to know what to, and not to do. She sighed, shaking her head and starting to pick up the lint and fluff that'd come out of the couches. She took the dagger from him and placed it on the nightstand in the living room, and then proceeded to sweep up the broken glass. "Just.. Go upstairs, I'll clean it."

Naraness
07-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Zach shook his head. "No, I ruined it... Let me clean it up." He tried to insist. He felt bad enough, but what if she was serious and he could really be killed or jailed for this? His paled a little. Maybe he could make up for it. "I'm sorry." he sighed, letting go of his pride for a moment.

Worse than any of this he realized that his own mother would probably have his head for this? She'd probably murder his in cold blood and bury him in the back yard. He swallowed hard, considering running away after this was all over. What had he gotten himself into?

He didn't say anything else, and simply started cleaning up. There was no way he was going to go back upstairs, even if she was the princess. As gently and respectful as he could, he took the broom from her and started to clean the glass. "I don't want you to cut yourself." He mumbled, proceeding to clean the mess up himself. He'd gotten enough glass in his feet that he could deal with another shard or two. Maybe he could preserve what little of a friendship they had.

Rae
07-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Elizabeth frowned, wanting to say more.. And then she realized, she wasn't really upset at all with what he'd done. Honestly, she found it all funny. She just feared her father a lot, and was basically speaking through him. She leaned forward and patted his shoulder, a strange sort of comforting gesture. She smiled, mumbling an odd apology before heading off upstairs and deciding to go back to sleep. "Please don't stay up too late, we can clean it together tomorrow," She said with a sigh, "Thank you for your concern. Good night, Zachary."

She headed into the room and laid down on the bed, the recent events still whirling about in her thoughts. She'd eventually fallen asleep, but what she was unaware of, was the cold, frosty draft coming in through a strangely large crack towards the headboard of her bed.

(Was thinking, next morning skip, he walks in, finds it to be freezing, feels her forehead and she's seriously burning up? I'll be unresponsive, till about ten tonight, sorry. )

Naraness
07-04-2013, 08:16 PM
He nodded. "I'll just clean up the glass and then go to bed." This, of course, was a lie. By the time Elizabeth woke in the morning, the room would be spotless. There was nothing that could be done for the tears in the couch or the broken items. Everything else, however, would be taken are of. "Goodnight, princess." He said quietly, cleaning up.

It only took about an hour to get things back in order. He cleaned up and threw away the food that the raccoon had gotten into and soiled. Sadly, it had torn into a very large portion of the food they would need if they couldn't leave the cabin. Hopefully there would be enough for them in the morning. The refrigerator (Though Zach had no idea what this box was) was completely untouched. By the time Zach trudged back up the stairs, he was tired enough that he fell asleep the moment he fell onto the bed.

The night passed very peacefully for him. Though a cold draft came to him from the neighboring room, it didn't disturb him. Little did he know what he was about to discover that very next morning.

As the sunlight beamed through his window come morning, he groggily got up. "What an odd dream..." He groaned, seeing that his 'dream' had been quite real. He got up, and stumbled down the stairs. His hair was sticking up at odd, messy angles and he had a dazed sleepy face as he always did in the mornings. When he reached the living room, his eyes widened in shock. At first he thought that his eyes were failing him, but it wasn't so... The windows and doors were completely sealed with snow. He couldn't even see the trees through the shield of white. "Um... Elizabeth!" He called upstairs, running up towards her room. He knocked softly at her door, peering in.

Why is it so cold in here? He wondered. Then he saw the open window, and frowned.

((Sounds good! And no problemo. :) Happy July 4th!))

Rae
07-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Elizabeth had fallen into a strange, deep sleep. It seemed a bit difficult for her to breath, and as she tried to open her eyes, just faintly hearing Zachary's voice, they stung, and her head ached. She started to whine, her eyes watery and her head just throbbing. She turned it just a little to see him, her eyes swollen and her breath slow and heavy. "Z-Zach..." She coughed, trying to take a deep breath and feeling her insides ache. She let a few hot tears stream down her cheeks, "I... I don't feel good.."

Naraness
07-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Zach was immediately filled with worry. The room was bitterly cold and he could hardly stand to be in it. Elizabeth's voice sounded so small, like she barely had the strength to speak. He rushed in, quickly shutting the window. Though the flow of air was cut off, the room was still filled with an icy chill. He moved to the bedside, and put his hand on her forehead. Her skin was nearly painful at the touch. His hands automatically wiped away her tears, which were also burning hot. There were traces of pain in her eyes and he could barely stand to see them.

"I'm going to carry you down to the living room, alright?" He said gently. She needed to get warmed up as soon as possible. He could only pray that she didn't have pneumonia. Gently, he slipped an arm under the bend in her knees and the other around her shoulders. He lifted her easily, his arms strong from hauling stone and coal with his father ever since he was old enough to work. He chose his steps carefully, not wanting to trip and harm the treasure in his arms. Yes, already he was feeling the need to protect her and keep her from harm. Zach was always one to learn to care for someone quite quickly. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he laid her as gently as possible of the couch. Then he gathered the blanket from the first night, as well as the ones from both his and her room to bundle her in. He piled several pieces of wood into the fireplace to get the fire going again, as it had burned down to embers overnight.

When he was done he returned to her side. "How do you feel?" He said gently.

Rae
07-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Elizabeth whined, she didn't want to be moved, but she didn't want him to move away, either. She squirmed as he wrapped her up in blankets, feeling trapped and annoyed and uncomfortable.

When she was sick, someone just had to tend to and baby her, it was just the way things worked. And especially now-- She felt so limp and light and dizzy, and her eyes were so glazed over it was scary. She took a deep breath, though you could slightly hear the wheeze in her chest. She reached out and tugged on his arm, though it was such a light and weak touch, and tugged him towards her, begging for some comfort. She'd never really felt this sick before, it scared her, she needed assurance.

"Not good..." She said meekly, blinking away more tears. Most of them were just from the fever, but some were from the ache of her bones. The fire and blankets helped, but God, she felt awful.

Naraness
07-05-2013, 04:32 PM
He moved towards her gentle pull, kneeling beside the couch. His hands cupped on of hers between them. It was so hard to see her like this. She looked like she was in agony. There was complete quiet in the cabin other than the crackling of the fire. Hopefully, she hadn't noticed that they were trapped by snow. Zach didn't want there to be any reason for her to be more worried. "What is it? What can I do?" He said gently. Already, a thousand ideas were racing through his head. Maybe he could make some soup for her, a warm cup of tea? He could try to cool her forehead, or, or something! He had to do something.

His eyes were filled with helplessness. He wasn't any good at this stuff.

Rae
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
She cleared her throat, despite it's soreness, "Soup..." She said with a frown, her face almost baby like as she proceeded to pout, "And a wash cloth..." She took yet another deep breath, but God it hurt to do so. Despite her telling him what she needed, she was reluctant to let him leave her side. She usually had maids, a good ten or twelve, rushing around getting her what she needed... But now all she had was Zachary, and she had doubts he was experienced in the medical field.

(Feel free to throw in whateverrrr)

Naraness
07-05-2013, 06:18 PM
He nodded immediately, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "Just stay here and rest. Close your eyes a bit, okay? I'll be back in a moment." He stood up, releasing her hand. It was just a few short steps to the kitchen. He considered heating up the soup from the night before. But what she really needed was a warm broth. That was what his mother always made him drink when he was sick. The warmth and saltiness helped sooth the throat and it was easier to drink than soup if you were stuck in bed, as Elizabeth was.

He found some chicken bouillon in the cabinet, and mixed it with water Usually his mother would boil a chicken breast but he didn't think they had any here. He set the mixture on the stove, somehow managing to light a fire. Then he found a wash cloth, and wet it with lukewarm water. He didn't want it to be shocking to the touch, but it needed to be cool enough to leech the heat from her body. Gently, he laid it over her forehead, wiping away a stray water droplet. When he returned to the kitchen he found what he assumed were tea leaves.

What was it that mother always put in the tea? He wondered. Lemon and... Something else. It was right on the tip of his tongue. She would say it every time but he had never paid attention. Lemon and... Ginger! He smiled triumphantly and began to search the cabinets.

Rae
07-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Elizabeth whined, the scent of tea filling her nose and the cloth feeling extremely cold, despite the fact that it wasn't, "Nooo," She breathed, coughing a bit, "I don't like tea Zach!"

She knew she'd have to drink it either way, but boy was she stubborn. She wasn't fond of tea, because the maids, and her parents, always made her drink it, saying it was not only good for her, but the etiquette way to live. She didn't believe it nor did she care, so it became yet another nemesis on her food associated list.

She grumbled something in a childish whimper, before attempting to turn herself and crying when the cold shifted in her head from the center to the side, plugging up one ear and causing everything to feel ten times heavier, not the mention the way the scenery seemed to swirl.

This was gunna be one hell of an evening.

Naraness
07-05-2013, 07:29 PM
"But it's going to help you feel better!" He insisted, starting to panic. The way she was whining and whimpering it sounded like she was dying. He knew that wasn't true. She was just miserable, and making sure that he knew it. He sighed, and set the tea mixture on the stove. Returning to her side, he pursed his lips and frowned. "I'm sorry. I know you feel awful but to help you I'm going to need a little bit of cooperation." He gently put the cloth back in place. Her skin hadn't gotten any cooler. "I want to help you." He sighed, tucking some of her hair back. Zach stood back up, his footsteps thudding gently on the wooden floor. The broth had heated up now and he poured it into a porcelain mug.

He took a little sip, testing the temperature. It seemed a little bit too warm. "Don't drink this just yet. It's hot." He set it on the coffee table, looking down at her flushed face.

"Now don't cry." he said, turning her face to him. Again he wiped away the tears on her face. "I'm going to take care of you, okay?" He used the cloth to wipe down and cool her face and neck, then folded it back up and replaced it on her forehead. "You'll be fine." He assured her.

Rae
07-05-2013, 08:08 PM
She bit her lip and winced, shaking her head and sniffling as the headache continued to throb. As he'd fixed the cloth and adjusted her a bit, however, she started to feel relief, at least regarding the cold in her head. She took a deep breath, obviously congested and struggling to speak due to the sharp pain in her throat. How would she ever get through this with a mere cup of soup?

She blinked away more tears and reached a shaky hand out to the soup. She didn't care if it was hot, she just needed something in that empty stomach of hers. She'd burned herself twice trying to drink and flinched both times, but eventually it'd cooled off to where she could take little sips here and there. "W..Why didn't you leave already? The storm..." She gulped, "Should be over. Don't just stay for me... I'm not that bad..." She lied, pretending that the knights would magically find her regardless and heal her up. Though they wouldn't, and she had a bad feeling that the storm had only just begun.

(Want anything specific to happen? I do, but I'm not sure what... She'll get over this by like, tomorrow night or something, we'll say the soup was all super nutritious or something. /Shrug)

Naraness
07-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Zachary raised an eyebrow. "What? Do you seriously think I'm going to leave?" He got a funny look on his face. "No offence, princess. But you would die out here alone." It wasn't as if he was claiming to be a medical professional, but she wouldn't have even been able to get out of bed without him.

He sighed. "Besides, I can't leave. It's snowed too much to open the door." He wouldn't have gone even if he could go, but that was beside the point. He got up to check to tea and then poured two glasses. He needed something to get him warmed up too. He sat one on the table for her to drink when and if she felt like it. He didn't think she was going to, not the way she seemed to hate tea. He, however, appreciated the warmth of it and quickly downed his whole cup.

((I do wanna come up with a plan for the next couple of days... Send me a PM and we'll figure it out?))

Rae
07-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Over the next few days, Eli found herself growing incredibly fond of Zachary: His name, his voice, his looks, and that air of a dorky charm, to the point she'd suggested he call her Eli, and be less formal. She'd not only begun to respect him since he'd pampered and loved on her, but she just seemed to have a strange liking to him, dare she say a bit of an attraction. Which was rare, for someone like her, especially with the loser she'd known before who made it clear she wasn't interested in anything romantic anymore.

She'd gotten better to the point where she could walk and had just a slight fever, and her throat was no longer sore thanks to his soothingly hot meals.

Earlier one winter morning she'd looked out the window to find frost covering the corners, and the land before her to just be utterly caked with snow. Every time she peeked out it was quiet, and though beautiful, obviously void of any being-- Animal or human.

She trotted down the stairs and pranced into the kitchen, in a weird sort of happy mood that morning. Whether or not Zach, as she'd come to call him along with other nicknames kept mostly to herself, was awake yet she hadn't a clue, but she figured it'd be nice if, for once, she played 'house wife' and made their breakfast instead of the other way around.

Naraness
07-06-2013, 02:18 AM
The days that passed were very calm, considering. They had had no more visitors since the raccoon left. Zachary had been getting better and better at taking care of Elizabeth. after the first day, he learned what to make for her to best help; whether she had a sore throat, a cough, or her body was aching more than usual. Really, he was quite proud of himself. He also felt his desire to serve her grow more and more. Whenever there was a need, he leaped at the opportunity to do something for her. It was really quite odd. He'd never done something like that before. His parents had to nag and bicker to get him to do his chores. The feeling was unfamiliar, but unknown to him, he was actually trying to impress Eli (As he'd grown fond of calling her).

As he woke up this particular morning, he felt very comfortable. He was getting used to the routine of waking up, saying good morning, making tea, putting wood in the fire... It felt nice. However, as he yawned and stretched he realized that he was in the very same clothes he had been in the first day they arrived. "I guess I forgot to change..." He murmured. Caring for Eli had been very time consuming. There was a large wardrobe in his room, and he assumed that this was the one she had mentioned before. "Well, here goes nothing." He said, searching through one of the drawers.

The clothes within were very well made. The cloth was soft and supple, and it took quite a bit of digging to find something that was plain enough that he felt comfortable wearing it. The tunic was simple, a bit too big, and a soft olive color. The Trousers were similar, but dark brown. He looked at the clothes, laid out on his bed. Was he really about to put on the king's clothing? "First time for anything..." He pulled off his dirty shirt and started to get dressed.

Rae
07-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Elizabeth wandered about a bit, knowing that, despite their exploring through the hallway, there were other secret areas to be explored. Some, if not most, were outside. Like the old stables and the water well, and a lake which of course right now was frozen. But there was also an attic, which she wasn't allowed in, and a basement, where more valuables were kept. Though these valuables didn't have a price, they were from their past, things from hundreds of years ago such as dresses, paintings and other things that'd remind them of their royal ancestors. She figured at some point she'd go look-- But not with out Zachy.

Zach, I-I mean Zach.

She rolled her eyes as a blush came on, blaming it, of course, on her still light fever. She headed up stairs, careful not to trip, and walked up to his room. The door was open, as it should always be so she didn't feel alone. But when she'd seem him shirtless there was a strange spark that caught her, a lightness in her stomach, her cheeks growing red-- It was all the symptoms of a new and deep crush, as her mother called it.

"S-Sorry I didn't know you were dressing," She mumbled light and soft, her eyes hardly straying from him though she tried so hard to.

Naraness
07-06-2013, 04:39 AM
A deep blush flooded his cheeks. He stammered and babbled nonsense, his lips unable to form any words of meaning. "Sorry, I, uh, I..." He was utterly puzzled by the way she couldn't seem to take her eyes off of him. "Oh don't worry about it." He said, smiling. The color in his cheeks was so bright enough to give tomato a run for it's money.

He pulled the tunic on, deciding that the trousers could wait. "Um, uh, have, have I slept in?" He asked, mumbling. Lately he had been waking up much before she would, but as her fever started to fade she seemed to be waking up sooner and sooner. Perhaps she was more of an early bird than he had thought.

He glanced at her, his own eyes momentarily caught. Golly she's lovely... The thought sunk deep into his mind, repeating itself a few times. It was true. She must have been feeling much better indeed. Some color had returned to her cheeks and she looked like the fever would pass any day. He was very glad for this, especially after that first morning. He had become sick with worry that evening, with how miserable she had been. But he was sure now that she would recover.

Rae
07-06-2013, 04:54 AM
"I... I just thought we could make breakfast together," She said softly, her eyes flickering away shyly. He was so... Handsome. How could a commoner catch her heart so quickly? It was ridiculous... But a nice feeling as well.

She shyly stepped back, her cheeks puffed out a bit as she tried to think of what to do. She shook her head and turned, quickly trotting down the stairs and trying to refrain from giggling till she'd gotten to the kitchen.

Naraness
07-06-2013, 05:08 AM
He smiled. "I'll be right down." He changed as quickly as he could and then vaulted down the stairs. He was surprised at how eager he was to spend time with her. Then and again, what else was there to do? They were the only people in the world, as far as he could tell, locked up in the cabin. He was strangely okay with that.

Arriving at the bottom of the steps, he offered a bright smile. "So, what do you want to make for breakfast? Pancakes always looked like fun to make. But I've never done it." He was, after all, forbidden from the kitchen in his home. He got a thoughtful look on his face, then smiled at her. He really just couldn't help it. It felt natural, just to look at her and smile... He looked away with a blush, realizing that he was staring. It was a little bit too easy for him to get lost lost gazing at her.

Rae
07-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Eli shrugged, grinning at his boyish actions. She'd never been around a male other than her butler and father, but they were all so old. The knights, then again, weren't old, but.. Find mean they were fun. Much too formal.

"Pancakes are icky, but we can make them for fun," She said with a chuckle, "I'm not really one for sweet things in the morning. I think for myself I'll fry some meat."

She gestured for him to come over and handed him two eggs and milk, "Well? Get started romeo it's almost lunch time," She teased.

Naraness
07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
He laughed. "Icky?" In his mind, pancakes were the most yummy, delectable things in the whole world. "Okay." He smiled. As long as whatever they made, they made together, it would be fine with him. After all, with his cooking skills the pancakes he made would probably be, as she had described, icky. He took the eggs, setting them on the counter. "I suppose we need flour?" He guessed. "I think..." He found a small sack in the cabinet, and a large bowl. Looking at his ingredients, he realized that this was either going to be very fun, or very messy. Maybe both?

He blushed deeply when she called him 'Romeo'. He chuckled. "I'm on it, uh, um, J-Juliette." He stammered.

Rae
07-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Eli rolled her eyes, but grinned all the while. She started frying her meat, which was going to take a while. She found some seasonings and poured them onto the meat's surface, grabbing herself a drink and then perching herself on the counter just beside his work space. She watched him with a teasing grin, wondering if he knew what he was doing or not.

She arched a brow, "You sure you know what you're doin'?"

Naraness
07-06-2013, 10:52 PM
"Um... No, no I don't." He admitted. He had watched pancakes be made hundreds of times. It looked easy enough... "You just mix a bunch of stuff together and pour it onto a pan, right?" He got the feeling that he was very wrong.

"I may need some help." He said, scratching the back of his neck. He offered a cheesy smile before starting to mix the ingredients together. He cracked the eggs, a little frustrated when the shells got in the bowl. He started to fish for them with his fingers but the egg white kept them away easily. "What the..." He frowned in frustration.

Rae
07-06-2013, 11:07 PM
"No no no," She rolled her eyes, playfully nudging him aside before grabbing a spoon and fishing them out with it, "Can't shove your fingers in there Zach! That's unsanitary!"

She stirred everything around for a moment before reaching down and grabbing a pan, accidentally ramming her head into the cabinet in the process, "Ow, damnit," She frowned, handing him the pan and hopping back up onto the counter, "Well I've got a headache now, so that fate of our breakfast is in your hands," She winked, gesturing towards the batter and the empty pan.

Naraness
07-06-2013, 11:43 PM
He looked at his hands, as if the fate of their breakfast was literally in his palms. "I'll do my best." He chuckled, setting a fire to heat the pan. He added a splash of milk to the bowl, and a whole lot of flour. A little bit of sugar followed and enough water to make it a bit soupy after that. Hopefully this would work.

"Is your head alright?" He asked, concern etching onto his features. He looked at her with slight worry as he stirred the bowl, waiting for the pan to heat up. When it did, he spooned dollops of the mixture onto the iron surface. He figured it looked about right. Maybe he could do this after all? He leaned down, breathing in. "It smells about right..." He murmured. When he figured they were done on one side, he used to spoon to flip them over. They stuck to the pan and tore. He frowned. "Uh, um... That's not supposed to happen." He scraped them off, and put them on a plate. They looked as mangled and awful as a pancake ever could. "Well, maybe they'll still taste good?" Wishful thinking wasn't going to help him on this one. They tasted awful.

Rae
07-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Eli couldn't help but bust up laughing, holding her thin stomach and trying not to slip right off the counter. He'd seemed like a child so hopeful and positive only to have terrible results. She shook her head, patting his shoulder with a silly grin on her face, "'Least you tried," she giggled again before hopping off and taking her meat off the pan. It was just a liiiittle burned, but she figured they could scrape that off and enjoy the meat, at least.

She slipped it onto two plates and added a bit of fruit which was, surprisingly, still fresh. Watermelon and pears, her two favorites. "Eat up," She said with a smile, heading over to the sofa.

Naraness
07-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Zach chuckled to himself. Maybe next time he would use a cook book. With a dramatic sigh, he threw away his failed attempt at breakfast.

He accepted his plate and followed Eli to the couch, where he plopped down and sighed contentedly. He took a couple of bites, closing his eyes to savor the flavor. She knew her way around spices, he could say that for sure.

Outside, he could hear the sounds of birds chirping softly. A mental image formed of them hopping from branch to branch, fluttering about with all the freedom in the world. He felt kind of caged up in the cabin as they were. But he was happy with it too. It was a little escape from the normal humdrum life he had had for so long.

"What do you think is going to happen when we get out of here?" He wondered aloud. What if they moved on, and she forgot about him? He was surprised to feel a knot rise in his throat at the thought.

Rae
07-07-2013, 01:51 AM
"I'll be scolded for leaving," She said softly, rolling her eyes, "And then I'll give you a tour of the castle, and you can let me meet your family," She said with a grin, "And then... We just go from there. I don't have friends, so I'm keeping you," She said as if it were obvious, finishing her plate and setting it on the table. "And you're keeping me. Got it? It's not really a question, it's more of a 'get it memorized' deal," She had an air of brattiness to her, but she was genuine and just wanted to keep things the way they were.

Naraness
07-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Her answer sparked a grin to life on his face. "Oh I've got it." He assured her, feeling very happy inside. "I think I can live with that." In truth he was thrilled. To think that he'd know her for the rest of his life... It made his insides glow.

He finished up his food, and then took her plate as well as his and set it in the kitchen sink. He came back around to Eli and offered her his hand. "I'd like to see the rest of the house." He said with a smile. "Can we?"

Rae
07-07-2013, 02:44 AM
"Kay," She said with a smile, slipping her hand in his, "We should check out the attic first, I'm not allowed up there though," She mumbled with a childish grin. She guided him towards and up the stairs, stopping just shy of the halls end and pointing up towards a little string hanging down. "Surprisingly I can't reach it, mind tugging on it for me?" She battedher eyelashes.

Naraness
07-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Something about breaking the rules excited him. Perhaps it was the feeling of doing something new that felt like an adventure.

Zach's stomach flipped when Eli batted her eyes at him. "Oh of course." He reaches up, snagging the cord in the tips of his fingers. "There we go!" He tugged on it, and a layer of dust fell down on them. He coughed, waving his hands to clear the air. His face was priceless, scrunched up to keep the dust out of his eyes. "Not so bad." He said, looking up. The attic was dark. Cold, musty air wafted down towards them. With the trap door had come a small rope ladder. "Ladies first?"

Rae
07-07-2013, 03:14 AM
She chuckled, but as soon as the dust touched her face her whining began. It'd taken a few minutes for her to get it off her, she was allergic which was the real issue. She coughed and sneezed before finally deciding to head up, grumbling about how it'd better be worth it.

She looked over her shoulder, glancing to make sure he was coming. She rose to her feet once up there, looking for a light source but figuring the dim blue glow from the little window to the back would have to do. She squinted, trying to find something of importance but there were mostly tapestries and candle holders, something about these items made her feel nostalgic.

She reached for a little blue box, opening it to find, inside, a little musicbox. She opened it, a little broken mirror displaying fractions of her face. A little spring kicked up and a couple figurine Sat there still. She slipped her hand under the box and felt for a knob to turn, winded it up and a familiar song began to play. It was her lullaby no doubt. She hummed along, a bit lost into the past.

(Song she's humming to: Lullaby (http://youtu.be/YbjQqWFxbaM) It's what she always hums to herself. Also, let's PM, I've got some ideas, sort of, this could turn out to be one hell of a roleplay!~ :D)

Naraness
07-07-2013, 03:31 AM
Zach felt bad for dumping the dust on her. But she seemed okay... He followed her, climbing rung by rung up the ladder. He could hardly see anything in the attic, but there was soft music accompanied by Eli's melodic humming. He quietly moved beside her, peering curiously at the little blue box. It looked like it was once very pretty but the blue paint was faded a little around the edges. "That's a pretty song..." He murmured. "What is it?"

Rae
07-07-2013, 03:36 AM
"Something my father sung to me when I was little, I can't remember the lyrics but I remember the melody," She said with a sigh, closing it and tucking it back in the little box. "Wonder what else is around here," She said out loud as if she were addressing the air.

She looked around and continued to hum, shifting through boxes that were filled with necklaces and then, a smaller box, which had a bunch of envelopes in it. "Huh... Wonder what this could be. Feel free to pilfer through things, just watch out for Raccoons," She teased.

Naraness
07-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Zach chuckled. "Well if I find any just promise you'll come rescue me."

Hestarted to explore the attic. The space wasn't very big, and he had to crouch down, unable to stand up straight without hitting his head. It was darker the farther he went, so he decided to stay closer to Eli. His eyes were caught by the dusty form of a sheathed sword. He moved forward, brushing it off. It looked old. He wasn't an expert, but his father had a sword that had similar markings on it, and it had been passed down from his great grandfather. In his book, that was a very long time. He gently pulled on the hilt, and the shiny blade was revealed. He could see his distorted reflection in the steel... Resheathing it, he returned to Eli's side, more interested in what she was looking through.

Rae
07-08-2013, 06:00 AM
"How funny, my parents old love letters." She carefully pulled one out, blowing off the dust on the envelope and handing it to Zach. It seemed to be the most important one, the ink was so thick and the stamp seemed to be with someone's actual blood. She found some wilted roses as well as a pair of dull, golden rings. Something about them made her feel warm and fuzzy, as well as have a yearning for a bit of her own romance.

"Mind reading it for me? I like your voice so.." she blushed.

(Forgot about your teaching him to read idea. Let's do that!~)

Naraness
07-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Zach smiled, and took the letter. His eyes scanned the paper, and he was about to speak when he came to the realization that the words were just scribbled nonsense to him. He had never in his life been taught to read. "Um..." He blushed. He didn't want to tell her that. Surely everyone she knew knew how to read! She'd probably known how since she was just five years old. How was he to tell her that he didn't even know how to read? "Well, it, um." He frowned. "It says... 'Hello, my, uh, my dearest..." He paused. "Amelia..?" The words were nothing of the sort, actually addressing an 'Ella'.

Rae
07-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Eli glanced at him, a sudden guilt washing over her and her cheeks grew a light pink. "Can't you read it love?" She asked softly, taking the paper from him and placing her free hand over his for a moment, "That's okay, I can do that. I'm sorry, I never.... Thought about it before. Would you like to learn how? If not I understand but it may come in handy," She said with a light chuckle.

Naraness
07-26-2013, 12:10 AM
He blushed, embarrassment flooding his face. "Um, no..." Zach mumbled, not wanting to look too stupid. "My parents can't either and I never went to school. Couldn't afford it." He shrugged it off, and forced a smile. "I'd love it if you'd read it... And, and maybe teach me a little if you can. I've never tried to learn something like that." He scooted a little closer. "So um... what does it really say, Eli?" His eyes flicked up to hers for a moment.

Rae
08-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Eli cleared her throat, her cheeks burning a bit as the spotlight was set on her, in a sense. She smiled a bit, starting off with a soft 'umm' and then starting to read:

"To my dearest Ella. If you only knew how much you meant to me, words cannot express the amount of joy you bring me. We've set out lives on the line for each other since day one and I wouldn't have it any other way. You're my one true love and I look forward to the day we start a family, and rule the land together. It's my promise to you that will happen; it may be hard now but nothing will ever stand between us. With love, Elijah."

"From my father obviously..." She chuckled a bit and unfolded the next letter, this one was written in a much finer cursive than the last, and one a paper dyed pink instead of a golden brown. "This one I'm assuming is my mother's, I suppose they wrote these when they were rather young? Although... I don't get it, I was told their marriage was arranged. But he says there were things standing in their way...?"

She shook her head and leaned in close to Zach, resting against his chest as she held the paper up before them and began to read again, "Elijah, my dear, though it's been only a short time that we've known each other I can see we'll be together until death. You've taught me so many things and have had compassion for me that people of you're status wouldn't ever. You've been my light and my savior and I'm forever thankful, as well as forever in love with you. I look forward to you're promise. Love, Ella."

Elizabeth tried to read slowly and teach him a few of the easier words here and there, glad to be able to help him with something but also more and more confused as she read on. She shook her head, setting the letters down on her lap and gazing up at Zachary with a mixed gaze of confusion regarding the letters, and adoration regarding his efforts to read.

(So I figure we could make it so her mother was a peasant (Like Zach) and her father was royalty and they wed? But that's strictly forbidden, somehow they got away with it but won't allow Eli and Zach the same privilege? Just a thought, I'll edit if you disagree, but it might be more interesting, proves for a good mesh of drama for later on :p )

Naraness
08-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Zach listened as Eli read. After a little bit, he began to realize that he hadn't been listening to much of what she was saying, rather the sound of her soft voice. He blushed at this thought, tucking the notion away for further inspection. He tried to pay attention at she pointed out some of the simplest words, but it all looked like neat little scribbles to him. "It's kind of odd... The way they talked to each other sounded like there was a reason they couldn't be together. But I thought all royal marriages were arranged between, you know, other royals." He pursed his lips, thinking for a moment.

Then Zach started to realize that he really liked how close they were. Her small form felt warm against his chest, and he longed to put his arms around her. Fearing that that would make her feel uncomfortable, he decided against it.

(Naw that sounds great! :))

Rae
08-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Eli nodded and sighed, "I'm so confused by all of it... But it's in the past I mean, I guess it doesn't matter too much. It'd be so weird to find out my mother wasn't a royal though.... But she fits the role so perfectly, there's no way she was anything lower..."

She tilted her head up to glance at him again, her head fitting just underneath his chin, to the left a little bit. She wasn't really sure what to say, now. Keep teaching him to read or enjoy the comfortable quiet moment?

Naraness
08-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Zach looked at the beautiful girl in his arms and the world slowed down for a moment. Then he realized that he had put his arms around her without thinking about what he was doing. He blushed, hoping that she didn't mind.

The silence was beautiful, and the dimly lit attic was kind of magical in an old, dusty way. He smiled, and his eyes lit up with subtle happiness.

"I always thought it would be nice to read a storybook." He murmured, changing the subject. "And your voice is so pretty... Would you read to me?" The request seemed stupid the moment it left his lips. He blushed and looked away as embarrassment flooded his features. "I-I mean... You can just ignore me if you want, I don't know where that came from." His face sunk.

Rae
08-16-2013, 05:18 AM
Eli blushed, she didn't find her voice to be pretty in any way. But she was glad he thought so. "Sure, it's not silly at all," She said with a smile, "Although I'm not sure if there are any story books around... Let me see," She leaned down a bit, but not enough to remove herself from his arms. She shifted through the boxes, coming across another round of love letters. "I could read these, they're technically a story..."

She leaned back and adjusted herself till she was comfortable, her head tucked under his chin and her arms resting on his, same for her legs. She yawned lightly and opened one up, blinking as a heaviness came over her and especially her eyes.

"To my dearest Ella..." She yawned again, but continued to read. This one explained his joy for their coming daughter, and that made this letter particularly interesting. Too bad she was falling asleep as she was reading.

Naraness
08-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Zach smiled shyly. "Okay." It still sounded insanely silly to him, but she didn't seem to think so. He smiled as she started to read, and leaned back against the attic wall.

He closed his eyes, letting the words flow over him. He had always thought that royal relationships were completely cold and professional. Apparently some of then were very complicated and deep. The letters conveyed a very clear love from Eli's father to her mother. Not to mention the utter happiness they expressed when they found out they were having a child.

Oh this is the good part. He thought. This is where Eli comes in.

Rae
08-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Eventually Eli's voice started to fade, and she found herself really dozing off. It was rare for her to be so comfortable to fall asleep in a place like this, but she was starting to, and felt somewhat bad since she'd only just started to read her mother's journal regarding the pregnancy. "I'm falling asleep Zach..." She yawned lightly and shifted to get more comfortable. "We'll read more tomorrow..."

Naraness
08-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Soon Zach's eyelids began to drag down as if they were made of lead. He covered his mouth to prevent a yawn from coming out. His ears picked up Eli mentioning something about being tired.

The boy forced his eyes open. The attic was really no place for the princess to go to sleep, but she seemed like she was settling down to fall asleep right on the spot. Zach looked around for a quick solution. There was a pile of thick, downy blankets nearby. Reaching out, he snatched one, pulling closer as he found a comfortable position. He draped it over them, and tucked a corner under Eli's head like a pillow. "There we go." He mumbled, too tired to think about whether or not he was doing the right thing.

Rae
08-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Eli wanted to talk to him more but once he'd made them more comfortable, she was out for the night.

(Skipping to the morning~)

The attic had grown ridiculously cold that night, but the thickness of the blanket over them made it a little more bearable. And of course Zachary was nice and warm.

She'd been so sleepy she'd fallen asleep basically in his lap. What would her parent's say if they found out about this? They'd have both their heads in the guillotine for this one. But oddly enough she didn't mind, he was far from a peasant despite his living conditions, she knew he'd make the perfect knight or higher up in the noble class. He had the looks, personality and attitude for it.

she sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes, looking over her shoulder to find him nestled perfectly around the spot she was in. She brushed his hair from his face and smiled, kissing his cheek lightly before slipping away and heading down the little latter. She showered, changed, did herself up a little, and decided to attempt to make breakfast. All that came of it was more soup, but it was food all the same. They only had juice so she poured that as well, deciding wine would be best for later.

Naraness
08-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Zach slept soundly through the night. With the warmth of the princess nearby, he hardly noticed the cold. He had a fuzzy, gooey feeling in his heart which simply refused to go away.

After a little while he noticed a certain absence of warmth. "Eli?" He mumbled, reaching out. His arms closed around open air, and he frowned in confusion. Zach sat up, pushing the blanket off of himself. Apparently she had woken up...

He was hit with the realization that Eli's parents would probably kill him if they ever found out that he had fallen asleep with her. That wasn't even an exaggeration. He paled at the thought.

The sounds of movement downstairs reached him, and the attic was filled with dusty light. It was far past morning. Zach hurried down the stairs, calling the princess's name.

Rae
08-17-2013, 12:13 AM
"Down here," She called out, her little white knee length gown swaying as she spun around to wave and greet him, only to turn back around and continue to tend to her soup. She'd added a couple spices to liven it up, most of which worked, she hoped.

"How did you sleep love?" She asked, "Sorry I left, thought I'd make breakfast.."

Naraness
08-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Butterflies stirred up his stomach. Hearing her call him 'love' gave him all kinds of pleasant tingles. He felt a subtle happiness that had been absent for a fair amount of time.

"Oh um... Good. I slept good." His face flushed pink, and a boyish smile appeared on his face. "Breakfast smells great." Zach said, rubbing his hands together to warm his palms. The house was a little chilly, and he could see that the fire had burned down to embers.

"Just let me get the fire going again." He said, crossing the room. As he reached the fireplace, he stooped down to grab two pieces of wood, which he tossed into the ashes. A little swirl of smoke escaped the stove, but he waved it away. With some prodding and gentle nurturing the fire came back to life. He turned to Eli, a smile on his face.

"You're pretty good at this cooking stuff." By this time the smell had started to make his stomach growl.

Rae
08-17-2013, 04:44 AM
She placed two bowls and some silver ware on the table, bringing up a chair and placing it right beside the one she assumed he'd sit at. "Thanks but I'm not, I just hope it's not disgusting..." She said whilst wincing, taking her seat and adjusting her sleeves. She smiled to him and patted the chair beside her, "Thanks for keeping me warm last night... You're comfier than the bed upstairs."

Naraness
08-17-2013, 04:55 AM
The chair groaned against the floor as Zach pulled it out. He sat down, assuring her that the food smelled delicious.

His cheeks went bright red at the mention of keeping her warm. "Oh, u-um, you're we-welcome." He stammered, a shy smile on his face. Of course, he enjoyed being snuggled up to her more than he'd like to admit. To avoid further blushing like an idiot, he spooned some soup into his mouth. It was a bit bland, but with how hungry he was it could have been gourmet and he wouldn't know the difference. The liquid sent warmth through his limbs and fingertips. He smiled a the pleasant sensation. "It's perfect."

Rae
08-17-2013, 05:50 AM
"Really? That's good..." She leaned against him and slowly proceeded to eat. She yawned a few times and eventually had made it so she was completely snuggled up into him. She sighed and pushed away her bowl, wrapping his free arm around her waist and resting her head just in the crook of his neck. "It's funny, I really don't want to go home... Thought I would but I don't..."

Naraness
08-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Zach started to eat, but he was increasingly distracted by the way Eli seemed to get closer and closer to him. Soon she was so close he could have pulled her into his lap if he wanted to. "How strange." He murmured, his fingers breezing over her hair. "I don't really want to go home either. Not that I really have much to go back to... I mean, you have your parents, and the castle, and... A wonderful life. My parents don't seem to care for me much and I'm destined to become a cobbler." He chuckled sadly, taking another spoonful of the soup before abandoning it to put his arms around her. Though it seemed quite easy to reason why he would want to stay here, he couldn't puzzle together why Eli would ever want to be near him for more than a few days. When he first arrived at the cabin, he had been sure that she would grow tired of him and kick him out after a few days. But instead she was talking like they could stay here and be friends. Maybe even more than friends...

Zach stopped himself there. There was no way in the history of the world that Eli would ever want to be more than friends with him. So he shoved that ridiculous notion right out of his head. He decided that it would be good for him to keep his mouth shut, so his stupid thoughts wouldn't be voiced out loud.

Rae
08-17-2013, 11:14 AM
"What goods a luxurious life when you've no one to share it with? I'm not aloud out of the castle except on lecture and appearance days, and even them I have three to six guards tail gating me and carving my path through the towns. I'm only aloud in like... The horse stables, and even then I'm highly supervised. It's a lot easier, but way less fun. I like my freedom, not that I knew what that was till I got here," She sighed, feeling sad and excited at the same time.

"I'm sorry about your living conditions, though," She said shortly after, "Maybe I could fix something... I could get you a bigger house, say you saved me from the cold and you'll be rewarded with nicer living conditions? Can't change your parents but I can fix your home..." She chuckled and shook her head, "That sounds ridiculous. Nevermind. We'll think of something. What would you like to do today Zachary?"

Naraness
08-17-2013, 04:08 PM
"Oh I don't need a new house..." He said bashfully. "Really. All I really want to change is a little more happiness and hope in each day, that's all." He smiled sweetly at her, a hint of adoration sparkling in his eyes.

"What do I want to do today?" He pondered that question, thinking for a while. "Well I dunno..." He murmured, looking up at the ceiling as if it would offer some sort of advice. "Well, when I was little I used to play hide-and-seek in the Winter with my parents, back before I had to go out and get wood in the snow." He chuckled. "Ever since it just seemed like the thing to do when it's cold... It probably sounds silly though." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Or we could just make tea and talk by the fire or something..." He trailed off, unsure of what he'd just said.

Rae
08-17-2013, 04:58 PM
"Hide and seek sounds fun, I've never really played it before," She said with a frown, "So you just.... Hide until you're found, right?" She blushed a bit, feeling quite weird for never having played the game. She sighed an reluctantly pulled away from him, but not before leaving a light kiss to his jawline. She took both the dishes and set them in the sink, stretching, yawning, and then motioning for him to get up so they could play.

Naraness
08-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Zach smiled, still feeling a little silly. His skin tingled where Eli had kissed him, and he seemed doomed to blush all morning long. He stood and pushed the chairs in. "You've never played?" Even thought she was a princess, it seemed odd that she had never played such a simple game before. "All you have to do to play is go hide while I count, and then stay there until I find you or until I give up. Then we switch." He shrugged, and walked over to her with a shy smile.

Rae
08-17-2013, 07:27 PM
"No, games are frowned upon in the castle. I ran around in the garden when I was younger but that gets dreadfully boring," She said with a sigh, shaking her head as if to rid herself of the thoughts and then returning his shy smile. "I'll go hide then..." She glanced around as she spoke, clasping her hands behind her back and then darting off towards the stair case.

Naraness
08-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Zach stifled a rather unmanly giggle, and closed his eyes to start counting. He decided twenty was a good number. "1... 2..." He still couldn't believe that Eli wasn't allowed to play as a child. Her parents sounded great and everything, but really? "7... 8..." Then and again, she had learned useful things like how to read. "11... 12..." Maybe it was a fair trade? He supposed that he would trade a few games of hide and seek for the ability to read. "16... 17..." At least he could count pretty well.

"20!" He declared. "Ready or not, here I come!" There was a decidedly giddy look on his face. Would this be how he spent the winter? Playing hide-and-seek and listening to Eli read him love letters? He came to the conclusion that he liked that idea quite a lot. Zach hadn't seen her run up the stairs, but he had heard her footsteps on the hollow steps, so he walked up the staircase and started to search the first room he came to.

Rae
08-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Eli had chosen her bedroom, and decided to hide behind the behind-- But with a twist! She'd just slight arranged the nightstand and placed it in front of her just barely. She tried to crouch best she could, hugging her knees and grinning, her eyes squeezed shut and her ears focusing on any bit of noise to come. She could just barely hear him finish counting and tried to crouch down even more, her cheeks red as she realized just how silly this was, and how the entire castle would scold her for such childish actions.

(I figure they can have their first kiss at some point? Not sure when, maybe when he finds her. Or something could happen. Doesn't have to be a kiss but it could be c: )

Naraness
08-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Zach felt his insides rush in excitement and nervousness. He wondered briefly if she thought this was really silly... Swallowing hard, he simply hoped against it, and searched the little closest he had arrived at. The spaces were small but he had no doubt that Eli could have hidden her thin frame inside. After a quick search, he was sure that she wasn't there, and moved to the next room. This one was the room she had claimed as hers. But she wouldn't hide in her own bedroom, would she? After wondering about this for a moment, he decided to search his room first, since there weren't many places to hide there anyway. When he entered his room he looked under the bed, behind the door, around the mass of valuables in the corner, and came to the conclusion that she wasn't there. So back to her room it was.

A few steps later and he had entered her room. "Eli?" He giggled a little, and glanced under the bed and behind the door. Oh where could she be? Of course, there were lost of other hiding places in this room.

(Ooh I like that idea! Maybe he trips over something in her room and she tries to catch him and it just... happens. *Giggles*)

Rae
08-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Eli waited quietly, fighting back the urge to smirk and remaining silent behind her nightstand and beside her bed. She very quickly peeked out, seeing him near the doorway she ducked back into hiding. She shifted until she was comfortable, flinching as her knee hit the nightstand and the candle fell off, rolling across the ground and stopping right at his feet.

'Damn it...' She thought, 'Dead give away...'

Naraness
08-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Zach couldn't help but grin. He had seen the general area that the candle had fallen from, but hadn't been paying attention enough to see her move. He checked beside and inside the wardrobe, in the closet, and only then caught sight of a corner of her gown. He smiled, "I think I found you." He said softly, stepping over.

In that moment, of all moments, he just had to have a spasm of klutziness. Zach stepped on the fallen candle and it rolled out from under his foot. He fell forward at an alarming rate and tumbled towards Eli. He paled with fear that he might hurt one of them, and with embarrassment as he realized how stupid he must've looked.

Rae
08-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Eli frowned and had just started to peek out to look at him when he'd tripped and tumbled forwards, she sprung up to try and help balance him but instead tripped over her own gown and ended up doing something she'd probably never stop blushing from. Something that she'd hoped wouldn't ruin their friendship. Something that she'd secretly wanted him to do for the past two or three days.

She kissed'im. Right on the lips, too. It was almost comical, and of course the first thing she did was help him steady himself, right after quickly pulling away, her eyes large and worried though she couldn't help but laugh regarding the situation. Kissing a commoner, her parents would just kill over if they knew about this.

Naraness
08-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Zach's eyes went wide, more afraid of what had just happened then if he had fallen and broken a bone. His cheeks were so red they could have been mistaken for tomatoes, and he stammered a useless babble of nonsense. Try as he might, he couldn't say a thing, only sit there and act like a retarded fish. Hid mind was filled with a million thoughts all at once. First, Holy crap... then, That was amazing. and, Is she gonna kill me? followed by, Will her parents kill me? and finally, Her lips were so soft. Which was the most embarrassing thought of all.

"I, uh..." He squeaked. His fears were mostly relieved as she laughed, though. He smiled, realizing that it really wasn't that bad. His heart unclenched and he laughed too. "That was a great first round." He couldn't help but grin. "Uh, um, of hide-and-seek, of course." If it was possible his blush would have grown brighter.

Rae
08-19-2013, 05:02 AM
"Y-Yeah," She giggled and found herself embracing him in a hug, before she glanced around and smirked, "Your turn to hide," She said with a grin, poking his chest, "That is, if you're man enough." She winked, obviously just playing, and then slipped both hands into his, waiting for his response.

Naraness
08-19-2013, 03:33 PM
He smiled, a soft glow coming over his face. He looked at her face, realizing how lovely she was. He wondered how it was possible to have eyes that sparkled that beautifully... "Well..." He smiled. "Okay." He quickly lifted her hand and pressed a kiss to her fingers, and never once broke eye contact with her. Then with a grin, he took off. "Start counting!" He called, bolting down the stairs like a child would. His eyes and mind started searching frantically for a hiding place.

Rae
08-19-2013, 05:26 PM
"One... Two... Three..." She clasped her hands behind her back and found it a bit hard to count after what had happened. "Ten, eleven, twelve..."

She walked until she was just in the door way, peeking around the corner (Cheater!) before finishing with, "Twenty! You'd better've picked a good spot!"

She trotted down the stairs and glanced around, seemingly nonchalant though she was determined to find him faster than he found her. "Where are youuuuu..."

Naraness
08-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Zach heard her start counting and his heart started pounding as the race to find a hiding spot begun. He ducked into the kitchen and searched around. He searched the cupboards that were low enough for him to crawl into, but they were all too full. As Eli's counting grew closer and closer to twenty, he was running out of options. He spotted the pantry and didn't think twice, bolting into it. He shut the door as quietly as he could, hoping not to give away his spot.

As he waited, he could've sworn his heart beat was causing dust to shake off of the shelves. But it was simply his imagination. He steadied his breathing and closed his eyes, listening. He heard the announcement of 'Twenty' and prayed that he had picked a good spot.

It still felt like there was a whirlwind in his mind from the... the... the kiss. I can't believe that happened. Zachary was completely, utterly positive that Eli's parents would murder him if they ever found out. His parents might even try too... He shuddered at the thought of two sets of parents coming after him with axes.

Rae
08-20-2013, 05:07 AM
Eli grinned and bee lined towards the living room, deciding to knock out the more obvious hiding places first and then find the seriously crafty ones. After a few minutes she groaned and sighed, "Can't you give me a hint Zachy?" Though she doubted her feminine charm would work this time particularly. She wormed around a bit longer before coming into the kitchen, hands on her hips as she eyed the cabinets, pantries and under the little table in the 'dining' area.

Naraness
08-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Zach had to stifle a giggle when she asked for a hint. He couldn't explain why, but he thought it was adorable how she called him 'Zachy'. He put his hands over his mouth, making sure not to make any noise. He knew it was only a matter of time before she found him. His hiding place wasn't exactly ingenious. Steadying his breath, he tried to stay perfectly still.

But that was when some dust settled on his nose. Oh no. He thought. Oh no, oh no... He clamped a hand over his nose, trying to ignore the unbearable tickle. But it was all for not. He wouldn't be able to stop from sneezing for long, as a matter of fact- "Achoo!" He slapped a hand over his mouth, hoping that he hadn't given himself away.

Rae
08-20-2013, 05:24 PM
When Eli heard a sneeze, at first it scared her. She jumped back and gasped, glancing around the room, chills dancing along her skin. And then she realized it must've been Zach and felt extremely stupid. "Oh gosh Zach," She rolled her eyes, making it seem as if she were looking through different pantries, really just glancing at them until she came up to the one she assumed he was in.

She ran her fingers down the side of it, flinging it open and grinning as her eyes met his, "That was worse than my candle, couldn't you have held the sneeze?" Of course she was only teasing, she held out a hand to help him out of the pantry.

Naraness
08-20-2013, 09:29 PM
He smiled, and shrugged helplessly. "It's dusty in here, I couldn't help it." He smiled, and happily took her hand. Her palm felt like silk compared to his rough, worked hands. Gee her hand is soft. He thought. Kind of like her- That's enough, Zach. He mentally rolled his eyes at himself. "You found me pretty quickly." He admitted. "Shall we try again or pick another game?" He smiled, wanting nothing more than to spend time with her. Zach was finding himself just wanting to be near her more and more.

For a moment, he considered going outside and having a snowball fight. The wind howled a little, and it sounded like the day would only get colder and colder. There would be no going outside today, especially not after Eli had gotten sick. He didn't want to chance it.

Rae
08-20-2013, 10:06 PM
"I don't know," She replied, pursing her lips. She leaned against his chest as she though, wrapping her arms around his torso and pressing her forehead against the base of his throat. He was warm and cuddly, she liked that.

"I don't really care what we do," She said quietly, taking in a deep breath, the air laced with his scent.

(Not sure what they should do! I'm out of ideas!)

Naraness
08-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Zach smiled, shyly slipping his arms around her. "Well..." She felt so perfect, almost as if she was meant to fit in his arms. He started to think of things they could do but he was distracted by the smoothness of her hair and it's soft flowery scent. He couldn't help but dip his nose and breathe it in a little more deeply. For a moment it was just quiet in the cabin. The walls creaked as they were pushed by strong gales from outside. He realized that what he really wanted was to just snuggle by the fire. But that truly was silly of him.

A blush appeared on his cheeks and he lifted his head. "We could..." He had to think fast. Tag would be too destructive. Plus it was a child's game. He could do better than that, couldn't he?

That was when he remembered something fun that he had some of the other boys in the city would do on cold evenings. He remembered one of them bringing an assorted bag of ingredients (Including powdered sugar) to the stable one day (That was where Zach had worked one winter when his family was tight on money). The boys had mixed it all up, and in the end they had a firm white sugary goo, which they put on little metal skewers and roasted over a candle fire. They had called the yummy things... Marshmallows! And to this day they were the yummiest things that Zach had ever, ever eaten.

"I have a great idea." He said.

Rae
08-21-2013, 12:15 AM
"What's your great idea?" She asked, obviously amused. She was reluctant to let go but eventually moved back, a warmth bubbling inside of her despite leaving his embrace. She clasped her hands together behind her back and waited for him to explain, perching herself on the edge of the kitchen counter and leaning forward a bit, her eyes on him.

Naraness
08-21-2013, 12:40 AM
"Well... Have you ever roasted marshmallows?" He truly doubted it. The things were sticky, messy, and really just plain un-royallike.

He beamed at her, feeling very happy for having come up with this idea. Zach had made the gooey treats so many times that they were one of the only things he could actually cook. Probably the only thing he could cook. He started searching the cabinets for ingredients.

Rae
08-21-2013, 01:14 AM
"...Marshmellows? What're those?" She leaned forward and waited for his response, "Why do you roast them? Are they edible? Spicy? I don't like spicy foods, or bitter foods, I hate bitter foods.." She rambled on a bit more about that truth before narrowing her eyes at him, "What'er they, Zach?"

Naraness
08-21-2013, 02:44 AM
"Oh they're edible." He grinned. "And no. They aren't spicy or bitter, they're sweet." He said with a smile.

After a moment he had several ingredients set out on the counter. "Well, they're kind of hard to describe. But they're kind of like candy, but gooey and warm." He reached out a hand to pull her near him so they could make them together.

Rae
08-21-2013, 03:30 AM
"Gooey?" She made a face, glancing at the ingredients and already the wheels in her brain were turning. What could this be? Is it safe to eat? She doubted he'd give her something that was toxic... She wasn't aloud to even think about gooey foods, what could this possibly taste like? And how could it possibly be good?

"Well... Okay..."

Naraness
08-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Zach giggled a little. "Don't worry, you'll like it. It's sweet, like you. It will be a little sticky though..." His smile grew and he found a large bowl. "I know what you must be thinking, since my last attempt at food wasn't the greatest... But just trust me on this one." He started mixing things together, stirring it carefully so he wouldn't powder them in sugar. In the end, it just looked like a bunch of sugar in... goo form. But he continued to insist that it would be delicious. He took two wooden skewers and the bowl of the mixture and brought it to the fire.

Zach set everything down and knelt in front of the fireplace. "Alright, allow me to demonstrate." He took his skewer and dipped it into the marshmallow mix, then he twirled the stick around until he had a small glob of sugar on the end. After that he held it over the fire, just out of reach of the flames, and watched as the edges started to brown. "When it's done getting brown then you eat it." He beamed. "It's the best thing I've ever tasted." Though, when he thought about it, it probably wouldn't compare to the foods Eli had at the castle.

Rae
08-21-2013, 06:05 AM
"Best food ever huh? Doesn't look like much..." She was skeptical, but decided to go along with it for his sake. She arched a brow and leaned forward, inspecting the bowls thoroughly. "But I mean, nothing wrong with trying something new... Is it like, super super sweet? ...Gunna make me sick kind of sweet? My tummy doesn't like super sweet foods Zach..."

She stopped herself and shook her head, "It'll be good I'm sure, never mind..." She honestly was just embarrassed she'd never had it before, he made it seem like such a common thing to eat. She also hadn't ever played his games... She assumed she'd be teaching him but she was learning just as much as he was.

Naraness
08-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Zach was beginning to doubt himself. What if Eli didn't like it? What if it was gross to her? He frowned, and tried not to think about it. "Just... Tell me if you like it. And if you don't like it then I'll throw it all out." He handed her the skewer with the perfectly roasted marshmallow on it. Then with a smile, he started readying the next one. He wanted to eat at least one before he threw away this wonderful batch of sugary goodness...

Rae
08-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Eli glanced at it, eyeing it for a few moments before she, a bit reluctantly, nibbled on it. At first it just felt like... Well... She couldn't describe it, she'd never tasted it before nor had she ever felt something so... Weird like this on her tongue. She wasn't sure if she liked it or not, not until she took a bigger bite, a rush of sugary goodness over taking her taste buds.

She smirked and finished it, glancing at him with a playfulness in her eyes, "It's delicious, you did good Zachy."

Naraness
08-23-2013, 12:54 AM
A grin splayed across his face. "Really?" He almost squealed. Then he cleared his voice, covering up with: "I mean, I knew you would like it." Zach chuckled, and popped the second, newly roasted marshmallow in his mouth. "I'm glad." He said with his mouth full of gooey white yumminess.

"They;re good if you burn them too." He said, demonstrating by putting one directly in the flame. "But some people don't think so." He watched as the fire spread, turning the white goo to black charcoal in seconds.

Rae
08-23-2013, 04:50 PM
She watched him burn it and scrunched up her noses, shaking her head in a childish manner, "I don't think they'll taste good burnt," She said, sticking out her tongue as if she could already taste it's nastiness. She yet again wrapped her arms around his torso and just stood there, watching him do whatever it was he was doing. She wasn't aloud to bake much in the castle, mainly because her parents find her to be... not a natural, and a little too dependent on instructions. She always found it rather fascinating however, and enjoyed watching him work on these... Marsh... Mellows.

Naraness
08-24-2013, 09:00 PM
He chuckled, and said. "I've heard that the burnt ones are an acquired taste." He popped the charred thing in his mouth and then asked her if she'd like to try another one.

A little bit of time later, Zach had eaten quite a few and he was starting to feel that there was such a thing as too much sugar. So he wrapped up the mixture and put it away to save for another time. He cast a smile at Eli, hoping that she had really liked them as much as she said.

Rae
08-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Eli wasn't really able to recall eating something so sugary in her entire life, she was enjoying it but soon after the stomach ache proceeded and she knew that even just one of these sugary delights were too much for her high class tummy. She clutched it a bit and winced, "Stomach acheee," she frowned and made her way to the couch, plopping down and groaning as the insides stirred and moved.

Naraness
08-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Zach frowned. Maybe it hadn't been a great idea after all... "I'm sorry... Do you want me to make you some tea or something?" Then he remembered that she hated tea. "Or, uh... juice?" He suggested, sitting beside her.

Rae
08-25-2013, 04:14 AM
"N-No... I'm okay," She said with a weak smile. She was always sick or helpless when she was around him, she didn't want him to think she was completely hopeless. "What would you like to do now? Honestly... I'm a bit tired." She yawned and stretched, looking to him with big, brown eyes.

Naraness
08-25-2013, 03:49 PM
He looked at her with a gentle smile. "If you're sure." He said. "Well..." He thought for a moment. If Eli was tired, than he would need to think of something quiet, that would allow her to rest for a bit. If he had been able to read, he would have read to her while she laid on the couch. But since he could not, that wouldn't work.

"Well, it's about lunch time... You could just relax while I heat something up." Zach was sure he could manage that.

Rae
09-07-2013, 05:25 AM
"Okay, hurry back though..." She said with a smile, rolling onto her stomach and burrying her face in her pillow. She wasn't sure why she was so suddenly sleepy, she figured it had something to do with how comfortable she was. She blamed Zachary-- In a good way. And honestly she just wanted him to come and lie down with her.

Naraness
09-16-2013, 06:30 PM
"I will." He promised, his eyes following her as she settled down. Could anyone blame him for just wanting to go and cuddle her when she was this adorable? She was the most sweet, beautiful person he had ever met... After a moment he realized he was staring at her and he hurried to the kitchen, his cheeks flaming with embarrassment. He busied himself rummaging though the fridge for food. There was some leftover soup, but who wanted to have soup all day long? Perhaps he could make some kind of sandwich? Surely he could manage that. "Do you like sandwiches?" He called softly.

Rae
09-16-2013, 06:46 PM
"Kind of," She responded, peeking at him from behind the cushions, "Are you going to attempt to make something?" She said with a laugh, although it quickly turned into a light yawn. "Just no peanutbutter, I hate it, it's disgusting and not fit for a royal..."

Naraness
09-18-2013, 10:42 PM
He chuckled. "Well I've gotta learn how to make food at some time... No peanut butter, I promise." He said, finding some bread, cheese, and other yummy things to put on. Secretly, he loved peanut butter... He was still a boy inside, so when he made his sandwich he smeared peanut butter on one side of bread and put marshmallow mixture on the other side. "Alright, tell me if you don't like it and I'll change it." He said, putting her sandwich (Which hadn't turned out too badly) on a plate and did the same with his 'special' sandwich. Then he walked over to and around the couch, sitting on the edge. "Here you go." He smiled.

Rae
09-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Eli hesitated, positioning herself so she was a lot closer to him before taking a little bite of the sandwich. She chewed on what she did bite off, and a thoughtful look on her face. She turned to face him and offered a dorky kind of smile, "Its good, you're not too bad."

She chuckled and finished it rather quick, taking in a deep breath afterwards and then sinking back into the cushions, blinking as she started to feel the sleepyness really settle in.

Naraness
09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
He smiled. "Maybe I'll get this cooking thing down one day." He ate his sandwich, the full feeling in his stomach making him feel warm and happy. Zach watched Eli settle into the couch. He wanted to cuddle up to her and hold her close... But he was pretty sure she wouldn't want him to do that. So he stood, setting his plate on the table and went to make sure the fire was properly filled with wood. The neat pile of firewood next to the fireplace was nearly gone. Soon he would have to venture out to retrieve more wood. Surely there was an ax around here that he could use...

He frowned slightly and stood, taking their plates to the kitchen. He rinsed them off and put them away, wondering if he should go relax with Eli or just keep himself busy... He made a decision, blushing as he went and sat on the floor in front of the couch. He laid his head on the cushion, next to hers, and closed his eyes.

Rae
09-19-2013, 11:29 PM
(Ugh, sorry for referring to her as Rae. That's from a different rp, wasn't thinking. :p )

Eli glanced over at him and just gazed for a while, playing mindlessly with a strand of her hair and frowned as he kept a distance between them. Why would he do that? It just didn't make sense. Wasn't she obvious? ...Did She have to be even more persistent? She didn't want to seem desperate... then again she kind of was. For his attention, anyways.

She rubbed her eyes a bit and decided to lay back on the arm of the couch, stretching her long legs out and snuggling close to a pillow; which wasn't Zack much to her dismay, but the best she could do.

Naraness
09-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Zach sighed, watching her with slight adoration in his eyes. It wasn't that he didn't want to be near her. He was just worried that he might do something she wouldn't like and ruin his chances with her. But that was assuming that he actually had any chance with her whatsoever, which he didn't.

(Oh no problem! I didn't even notice. *Giggles*)

Rae
09-20-2013, 12:26 AM
"Why don't you come sit lie next to me," She said with an extreme pout, folding her arms over her chest ans narrowing her eyes a bit. She nudged him a bit and then lightly threw her pillow at him, "Its not a question it's an order."

She tried to look serious for a moment but then smirked like a child.

Naraness
09-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Zach's eyes went a little wide. Then he laughed and tossed the pillow back. "Yes ma'am." He said, slowly crawling in next to her. So she did want to be close to him... He smiled at her, wondering if he had permission to put his arms around her. What's the worst that could happen? He wondered. But as he slid his arm around her waist, his cheeks were aflame. He tried not to show it, and laid his head on the pillow.

It was strange, he thought, how she seemed to become more and more beautiful the closer he got to her.

Rae
09-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Eli turned herself towards him so that she was resting against him, her head slightly on his shoulder. She yawned lightly and stretched her limbs a bit before snuggling as close as she could and pressing a light kiss to his chin. "You don't have to be so tense... We're not gunna get in trouble silly..."

Since day one she knew he was some sort of special, but she didn't expect herself completely fall in love with him. But she had grown so terribly comfortable with him, and he'd taken such good care of her, she just wanted to soak him up until they had to part ways, which she was dreading so very much.

Naraness
09-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Zach felt tingles rush across his skin, but he relaxed at her words. "No... I suppose not." He said softly. It was true that he'd felt some kind of attraction to her ever since he first saw her, but... Now he felt responsible for her. He longed to care for her, keep her close, love her, and never give her back to the outside world. But that wasn't his choice.

He gathered a little extra courage and pulled her closer, slipping his other arm around her as well. He nuzzled his face into her hair, smiling softly. "I don't ever want to leave..." He mumbled, his voice muffled.

Rae
09-21-2013, 12:55 AM
"I don't want to leave either.." She said with a sigh, gliding her fingers along the muscles in his arms. She sighed and scooted back even closer to him, "I hope my parents let you come visit me... We could take walks in the town together..."

Naraness
09-21-2013, 12:59 AM
He smiled. "I hope so too." Tenderly, he placed a kiss on the top of her head. "I'm going to miss you..." He murmured, knowing somehow that things weren't going to be that easy. His parents had a terrible opinion of the royal family for one. They would never let him near her without disowning him from the family. That, and no matter how much he would try to prove himself, there was no way that Eli's family would let them be friends. Not to mention anything more than friends.

Rae
09-21-2013, 02:47 AM
"It might, you never know," She slipped her fingers in his, "Or not... but maybe we can sneak off and meet up in town... of Course I've only been there a few times in my life... I guess we could meet up by the church, or the big fountain in the middle of town... That is, if my parents ever let me out of the castle again... I'll probably have a hundred guards with me everywhere I go...maybe I can get you a ride in the carriage! I always have the white horses take me cause I think they're the prettiest... I have other pets too.. A lot of them... I hope you can come visit to see them... We could attend the spring ball together too..."

She continued to ramble on, hopeful, and unaware of his uncertainty.

Naraness
09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Zach smiled, listening to her as she spoke. "I would love to..." He murmured, for a moment, imagining a world where they could actually continue to have a life together. Maybe he could work really hard and become a knight, so he'd be allowed to see her. But to be honest, he would never be able to. If he was lucky, it might take ten years. By then surely Eli would be married off...

No matter how hard he thought about it, there seemed to be no way. But he didn't want to lose this... Gently, he put a finger on her lips. "It would be wonderful, Eli." He rested his forehead against hers. "I hope we can." He whispered. Then, gathering up all of his courage, he took his finger away and placed a kiss where it had been.

Rae
09-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Eli felt her head spin when he'd kissed her. She gently snaked her arms around his neck and pulled him as close to her as she could. She held the kiss and refused to break it until he did, her heart thumping in her chest and her cheeks aflame. She'd do anything to keep them together, She just hoped that they had a chance together. Her parents would have to understand... if they loved her, they would.

Naraness
09-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Honestly, Zach had never really kissed a girl... He felt butterflies erupt in his stomach and chills rushed across his skin. He pulled her closer, gently running a hand through her hair.

A beautiful silence filled the cabin for a few seconds, until Zach broke the kiss. He wouldn't have, except that he didn't know if he could breathe or not and his lungs were starting to burn.

"Eli." He whispered, resting his hand on her cheek. "I don't want to say goodbye to you." His eyes were filled with sadness. "But when we go back, your parents will never let me near you. I'm sorry. I don't think a future together is possible." His voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

Rae
09-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Elizabeth rolled her eyes and ignored what he said, refusing to acknowledge his words. She brushed her nose with his and then kissed his bottom lip, her cheeks rosy red, "We will work it out... Even if we have to sneak out and run away together. I dont mind... I'll just bring some of that ugly gold jewelry and some other things and we can sell them and live really nice... Not a mansion but still nice.."

Naraness
09-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Zach couldn't help but love the way she rolled her eyes, pushing on with hope for the future. His heart leapt with hope at her words. "Do you really mean that?" He asked. "You would leave... For me?" It didn't make sense. He wasn't special or talented or... Anything. Why would she leave her life for him? "Me?"

Rae
09-22-2013, 01:39 AM
"Yeah," She nodded, adjusting the pillow under her neck, "I don't like being on the castle all the time... They hold me prisoner basically.. I hate getting in the carriage and waving to everyone all morning... I hate the etiquette teachers, and those stupid ceremonies... I don't have friends, and the maids don't count..."

She sighed, "And if we sell some of the jewelry I have we'll have enough money for years and years..."

Naraness
09-22-2013, 02:08 AM
"But..." He snuggled a little bit closer to her. "I don't understand... Why me? I'm not notable or out of the ordinary. I'm just some kid... I can't even cook or chase a raccoon out of the house." Zach frowned.

He gently took her hand. "Eli... If you left with me I'd love you and take care of you forever. I promise. But you have such a magnificent future ahead of you... Why would you give that up to be with me?" Gently, he caressed her cheek, gazing into her eyes.

Rae
09-22-2013, 02:32 AM
"It just doesn't matter. I don't want to marry some high class suitor or a king or whatever.. I like being with you, we'll get you cooking lessons and all that.. maybe we'll buy a big house in the town or something... Furniture might seem glorious but I'll be dealing with royal duties and will be locked up in my kingdom for the rest of my life... And every time I'll try to go out I'll have guards... every time I'll see someone theyll have to be searched, checked and of a snobby descent... You're not like that... I don't want any more rules and if I have to have them then I want you to rule alongside me... as Prince or we'll just leave!"

Naraness
09-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Zach's smile seemed to grow the more she spoke. Eli wanted all the same things that he did... To escape, and make a life of their choosing. He silenced her with another kiss, smiling into her lips. This one was shorter and he broke away after a couple of seconds. "Whatever it takes, Eli." He whispered, his eyes filled with love.

Rae
09-23-2013, 01:44 AM
The day had gone on with bits of romance, rain and hot chocolate. Eli had been by his side just about every second and they had done nothing more than laugh, joke, eat random concoctions and a bit of reading. Eli was trying to soak up as much as she could knowing they'd be separated soon.

He was perfect. And she came to realize it the more the day went on.

Naraness
09-23-2013, 03:23 AM
Zach couldn't help it. He was so in love. Most of the day was spent by the fire and he had nearly memorized the exact shade of her eyes. His cheeks ached from smiling. It was wonderful. Soon the sun was setting and the only light was the soft, flickering of the fireplace. It was becoming hard for Zach to imagine a day without Eli...

Rae
09-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Eli felt nor than happy to spend the day cuddled up with him, she really never left his side/lap. She knew her parents wouldn't be happy about this but she just refused to care, she was already making plans on how'd they'd love together. Would he come be with her in the kingdom? Would they leave and go to a brand new country? Make a life in the country? A city? They'd travel. Everywhere. All the time. And if her parents stood in the way she'd take her valuables and leave, and the two would run off, sell them and buy a nice home far, far away.

She knew he'd do whatever she wanted. And the same she'd do for him. It had to work... it just had to. She sighed as the nighttime came. She didn't want to leave. Well, She did, but not if it meant leaving Zachary. She couldn't imagine not having him beside her.

"I wonder when we will see eachother again... I don't want us to be separated..."

Naraness
09-23-2013, 06:16 AM
"I don't either..." Zach whispered. Now they were laying on the couch. Zach stroked Eli's hair with her head cradled on his shoulder. "We'll see what tomorrow brings." He said with a smile. "Who knows? We might be stuck here forever." He said teasingly, playing with her hair.

Rae
09-23-2013, 06:25 AM
"I like it here... But we'll run put of soup soon," She said with a smirk, tightening the blanket wrapped around the two. She fumbled with the fabric of her dress and closed her eyes, relishing in the moment and knowing she'd be on so much trouble tomorrow. Maids, butlers, announcements, town speakers, newspapers, and worst of all.. her parents. Grounded would be the least of her worries. She'd be under lock and key, medical check ups, and then her having to explain Zachary... She wouldn't bring him up yet. She'd feel it out first...

"Would your family like me?" She suddenly asked, breaking the silence. "Would they hate me? I would like to meet them someday... that is, of my parents don't kill me for running off..."

Naraness
09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
He thought on that for a moment. Then he shook his head sadly. "They don't even seem to like me very much. That, and they don't like royal folk much."

Zach let his eyes trace over her face. How had he gotten so lucky, even if just for one day, to be in love with someone as wonderful as Eli? A smile tugged on his lips. "But to tell you the truth, I'd very much like to escape my parents. Maybe as much as you want to escape the kingdom."

Rae
09-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Eli frowned, she felt bad for him. But glad that she had someone to relate to. They'd just leave if they had to. Mot like they were attached to anything other than each other. "Our parents are strange," She said bitterly, "I'd be more than happy to leave..."

The cabin started to grow chilly and she pressed herself into his chest, snuggling close. She peered towards the Windows and could see the sky, a dark colbat blue adorned by little twinkling stars.

Naraness
09-23-2013, 06:33 PM
He smiled softly, pulling the blanket so it covered their shoulders a little better. Zach closed his eyes, thinking that he should go and put some more wood in the fire so it would burn through the night. But he was so happy and warm cuddled with Eli. Maybe the fire would be okay on its own. He sighed softly and kissed her forehead. "We'll make it work." He assured her. "I promise."

Zach's eyes opened again, and he glanced over at the window where Eli had looked. "It's pretty out.." He murmured. "I bet we'll be able to leave the cabin tomorrow." He saw a brief flash of light in the sky, outside the window. A shooting star... Zach had never believed in fairytales and magic, but if ever there was a time to start believing it was now. So he made a wish on that star, closing his eyes as he pleaded in his mind. Please let us be able to be together. Please let true love and happy endings really exist...

Rae
09-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Eli nodded and watched him, he was suddenly deep in thought, he seemed to be thinking hard about something. Was She on his nerves? Had she repeated herself too much? Was he tired of the while affair?

Get a hold of yourself Eli, he's just thinking...

She tilted her head up and placed a kiss on his cheek before settling back down and reluctantly embracing her sleepiness. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. She yawned, and felt a warmth over take her before she started to really doze off.

Naraness
09-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Zach turned away from the window, his expression tender as his eyes settled on Eli. He was filled with warmth as she moved closer. Light from the fire flickered on his face, and they were surrounded in a globe of warmth from the fire.

His eyes drifted closed, and three words slipped from his mouth before he fell asleep. "I love you..."

Rae
09-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Elizabeth was shocked, what did he just say? Did She hear him right? She didn't mind, no, no, not at all.. in fact she started to say it back but he was already asleep. She sighed And shook her head, shifting to get more comfortable and reaching a hand up to strike his hair a bit. He looked peaceful, different from the first day he'd been here. She wondered how much he'd have to put up with when he went home... although she was almost certain her punishment would be far more grave than his, she wasn't sure. Would he be allowed to ever go out again? To eat? To sleep indoors? Some peasants had strict rules, worse than the kingdom.. What would happen to him?

She'd closed her eyes and tried to block out the thoughts. She needed sleep. She was over thinking and needed to rest before their big venture back to the kingdom.

Naraness
09-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Zach slept soundly through the night. His dreams were pleasant, filled with Eli. He could only hope that one day reality would be as sweet and magical as his dreams were.

As the night passed, the sky cleared until it was brilliant, like crystal. Warm winds drifted into the valley where the cabin was located, and much of the snow that had kept them trapped inside was cleared away. By the time that morning came, all the doors were free enough of snow that they could get out. Light shined in through the windows, and birds' songs drifted to them.

Rae
09-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Elizabeth woke up from the sunlight pouring in through the Windows. She stretched a bit but wouldn't get up till he did. She kissed his cheek and then pressed herself against his chest, hugging him tightly and then somewhat drifting back to sleep.

Naraness
09-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Zach stirred when Eli moved. He yawned and mumbled something in a sleepy voice, then settled back down. The morning was so beautiful... If only they sound stay in it forever.

The fire had burned down to embers through the night. Outside, the steady sound of water dripping off the roof could be heard.

"Good morning..." Zach mumbled, finally forcing his eyes open.

Rae
09-24-2013, 11:17 PM
"Morning," She cooed softly, kissing his lips before slipping from his arms and stretching, then making her way to the restroom up stairs to freshen up and change. She was in a weird mood, happy to be with him but sad to watch him go.

Naraness
09-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Zach sighed as Eli walked up stairs. It was the best feeling in the world to wake up to her... But would he ever get to again?

He ran a hand through his hair. With a frown, he got up and walked to the window. So much of the snow was gone... He had hoped that maybe they'd be able to have one more day together. But it seemed like they would be going home today.

Still sleepy, he walked up to his room and got dressed in a new pair of clothes, and then came back down.

Rae
09-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Eli freshened up but was scared to go downstairs. She didn't want to hear him say they had to leave. That she had to go home. That they had to be separated. That she'd been locked in her room for God only knows how long. She frowned at the thought, wiping her teary eyes and exiting her room stopping at the top of the stairs and then slowly making her wah down them. She folded her hands behind her, her face gloomy and lacking its usual glow.

"I really don't want to go home Zach.."

Naraness
09-25-2013, 04:05 AM
Zach's heart ached to hear those words. "Neither do I." His voice squeaked and broke. He turned to her, noting the mistiness in her eyes. "No one's saying we have to go home yet..." But with the break in the weather, Eli's family would be sending search parties to find her. If they found him with her, he would most certainly be killed on the spot for suspicions of kidnapping.

Sadness filled his eyes. "I don't know what to do.."

Rae
09-25-2013, 06:57 AM
"I say we leave later this afternoon? It's early morning... We have some time left..." She wiped her eyes again and continued towards the kitchen, pausing beside him and wrapping her arms around his torso from the front, embracing him in a hug. She hugged him tight and dreaded the thought of heading back. She'd had so much fun here... Why did it have to end?

Naraness
09-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Zach nodded. "That sounds good." He said with a smile. Then his eyes cast on the fireplace and he frowned. "I'm gonna have to go out and get some wood though. We're almost out." He held her close and kissed the top of her head.

Zach could tell that she was sad. He too was blanketed in gloom. What if they never got to see each other again? Maybe he could give her something to remember him. But what? He thought for a moment and then got an idea.

Rae
09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
"I can help you if you'd like," She added, resting her head on his shoulder, "I always leave those jobs to the knights... But I could give it a try-- I'm not very strong though," She said with embarrassment, flexing her little muscles and then Laughing at the truth of it.

Naraness
09-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Zach laughed, cupping her face in his hands and kissing her briefly. "Just come out with me? I'd love the company." He smiled. "Just make sure you bundle up nice and warm. I don't want you to get cold." Care and love shined through his eyes. He was sure he'd seen a wardrobe of fur coats somewhere. "Do you know where I can find an ax or a hatchet?" He asked, going to get his shoes. With how cold it was outside, he wouldn't be able to get any good sized pieces of wood. He'd probably just cut down a small pine tree, so they could stay warm the rest of the day.

Rae
09-25-2013, 11:47 PM
"Um... Lemme check," She said, quickly turning and trotting up the stairs. She checked her mothers bedroom and managed to find an oversized coat, made of bright white fur she hoped wasn't real. She stuck her arms through it and buttoned up in the front, and then checked her fathers room do a coat for Zach. Sadly she found one that was okay but not super warm. She draped over her arm and then hurried back down the stairs, handing it over to him. "Best I could do..."

Naraness
09-26-2013, 12:09 AM
He smiled upon seeing her come back down. "It's perfect." He smiled and slipped it on, then stepped towards the door. "Ready?" He asked.

Zach tugged the door open, struggling a bit since it was frozen shut. After a moment it came open and a chilled wind swept through the house.

Rae
09-26-2013, 01:10 AM
"It's so icy outside," She said with a frown, clutching onto his arm as the two stepped out, "It's very pretty out here though..."

She glanced around, most of the snow had melted, leaving a crystally dew on the lawn. It sparkled as did the trees, and the remaining snow along the roof of the cabin.

"I'm not sure where to get the wood... I guess you'd know more about these things than me." She felt bad that she couldn't help him, but she wasn't exactly the strongest person in the world.

Naraness
09-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Zach held her hand and supported her so he could catch her if she slipped on the glossy ice. "I'll just cut down a young tree. Only enough for the rest of the day." He smiled at her, then his eyes searched for a good tree that was close to the house. Soon he spotted one and he started trudging through the snow towards it.

When he got to it, the chill had set into his hands and he had to clench and unclench his fingers to keep the blood going. "Oh um... You might wanna stand back just a few feet." Zach said with a smile.

Rae
09-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Eli nodded and took a couple steps back, pressing her hands to her lips and blowing on them to try and keep them warm. She wondered how he could do this and mot be affected by the temperature. Was he invincible or what? She smiled at the thought, and then at him as she watched him ready the axe.

(Ugh, I forgot he asked for an axe. Sorry!! :p )

Naraness
09-27-2013, 04:23 AM
It wasn't really that the cold didn't affect Zach. Just that he was so used to it that he had learned to grit his teeth and bear it. He readied the axe, loosening up the muscles he hadn't used in the time they'd been at the cabin. Then he took strong, smooth strokes at the tree. Wood chips flew and a dent in the small evergreen started to show.

After about five minutes of repeatedly swinging, pulling the axe out of the wood, and swinging again, the thin pine fell. "There we go..." Zach was a little breathless. "Help me drag it closer to the house?" He asked. From there, he could cut it into manageable pieces.

(Aw no problem. :P)

Rae
09-27-2013, 04:57 AM
"I can try," She said softly, extremely impressed by his skill. She bent down and grabbed a random part of it, and readings herself to tug it forward once be started to. She watched him for a moment before her cheeks grew more red than before, "You're really strong Zachy," She said with a wink, "I'm impressed."

Naraness
09-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Zach blushed. He stammered a bunch of nonsense before finally mumbling, "Thanks Eli." His cheeks remained tinted pink as he pulled the tree back to the house.

When they got there, Zach made short work of cutting the tree into nice, neat pieces. "That should do it." He said with a smile, loading a few into his arms to bring inside.

Rae
09-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Eli smiled and gestured for Zach to hurry in, clapping her hands to acknowledge his strength. When he'd made it close enough she pressed long kiss to his lips, he was cold but she didn't mind. A few moments passed and she broke it but still stood there, glancing at him and then out towards the break in the trees, that led to the road, the road that led to the castle, the castle in which she was supposed to be.

"Wonder if they'll punish me," She said with a dullness to her tone, 'Isn't taking him away from me punishment on its own?'

Naraness
09-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Zach felt a small dose of fire flow through his veins. How dare anyone punish her for this? He didn't want to let them. He wanted to protect her and keep her close. Sighing, he pulled her close with a small smile. "I'm sure it'll be fine." He, on the other hand would probably be smacked silly for vanishing like this. But he wouldn't tell her that.

Rae
09-27-2013, 08:45 PM
She nodded, resting her head against his chest and closing the door behind him. She just wasn't happy, she didn't like not knowing what was bound to happen. Or... maybe she knew what would happen, and that's what really bothered her...

"We should go get the fire going, and by we I mean you, since km incapable of anything labor related," She said with red cheeks, tugging on his arm towards the couch and then slippingg off her coat.

Naraness
09-27-2013, 11:47 PM
He chuckled and nodded, walking to the fire, which was nearly out. He placed several pieces of wood in it, and set the rest next to the fireplace. Then he shrugged off his coat and laid it over one of the chairs.
The truth was that Zach didn't want to wait and see what happened. He wanted to run away right now, and never look back. These had been the best days of his life... The only days when he wasn't yelled at and was actually appreciated... Maybe that's why he'd so easily fallen for Elizabeth.

He pulled her close and sat on the couch, wanting nothing more than to cuddle with her for the rest of the day

Rae
09-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Eli shifted and took a seat in his lap, resting her head against his chest and wrapping her legs with his. She reached for a blanket and draped it over the both of them. She didn't want to leave this comfy spot, Zachs warm embrace, and his strong arms.

"I really, really don't want to go.."

(They can leave whenever you want though, lol :p )

Naraness
09-28-2013, 05:05 AM
Zach held her close, his eyes sliding shut. He wanted more than anything to take her away, and start a life with her. But there was a nagging fear inside of him that this was just a temporary obsession that Eli had for him. Maybe once she got home, she would realize that she preferred being a princess after all. He couldn't bear that thought. But if she would be happier there, then he wanted her to be happy. So he would take her back home, and let her decide.

"I know..." He murmured, kissing her hair. Zach knew that he would die inside without her. He prayed hard that she wouldn't change her mind. "We have time." He sent his fingers through her hair.

Rae
09-28-2013, 05:19 AM
"Not a lot though..." She said with a frown. She tilted her head up and kissed his jaw, resting her forehead against his neck and snuggling close, closing her eyes for a few minutes. She had little doubts that they'd be separated for long. Her worries of him not loving her were dim, she knew he'd been not so fond of her on the beginning but changed his mind as time went on. She just knew they should be together. They were inseparable... of course, they were also trapped together in the cabin... but she really didn't it, and just knew that if he could he'd take them both far away from here...

Why would her other at about her affair with a commoner? She'd be disgusted, despite her seemingly sympathetic facade, her mother was extremely high class and restricted. She cared for the townspeople, but not enough to have one marry her daughter

But marrying Zach and moving put into the world on their own would be a dream come true..

Naraness
09-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Zach sighed, holding her close. He refused to think about the fact that their time was running out. But it was... Like sand, slipping away through an hourglass, their time was fading.

And soon their time had gone. If they waited any longer, they wouldn't be able to get back to the kingdom before nightfall. Zach's throat was tight, and he refused to be the one to say it was time to leave.

Rae
09-28-2013, 09:00 PM
She'd nearly fallen asleep in his arms that evening, but the clock above the fireplace was ticking, and mocking her in sadistic ways she could hardly explain. How dare it say it was time for them to go. She glanced up at Zach, his grave expression proving he knew it was time to go. But like him, she wanted to remain silent, and just pretend like they didn't know the time, or had lost track of it or something else relevant. Anything, anything, to just stay together for the rest of time.

But time was gone, and the sun would set soon.

She forced herself up onto her feet, and with a strong, child like pout she announced the bad news, "Time to go, Zachy," She said with a tremble to her tone, "...We'll just have to plan a time to meet up in the town..."

Naraness
09-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Zach's throat tightened so that he couldn't even speak. He simply got up and nodded. Unable to look at her for fear of crying, he took care of the fire and got their coats for them, even helping Eli put hers on. Finally, just before they left the cabin, Zach was able to get some words out.

"At five o'clock." He said quietly. "I'll come and wait an hour in the town square every day at five o'clock. Just come and see me when you can?" He forced his eyes to meet hers. His hand gently enveloped hers.

Rae
09-29-2013, 08:14 AM
"Five o'clock..." She said softly, tilting her head up and kissing him right on the lips, inhaling his scent, snaking her arms around his neck, and pressing her chest against his. She held it for a while and just begged time to give them just five more minutes to... to have an intimate moment, an embrace, feel each other's skin... Just five more minutes.

Naraness
09-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Zach slipped his arms around Eli's waist, pulling her close. His heart raced a little faster and for a moment, he couldn't breathe. "Eli..." He sighed her name as he ran a hand through her hair. Could this moment just last forever? Was that too much to ask?

Rae
09-29-2013, 08:26 PM
"Mmm..." She kissed him again. She'd have to keep this part a secret... if her parents knew what she was doing, she'd... She might even be dismembered. That was dramatic but very, very possible. But she only cared for the sake of returning and getting her things... And then they'd meet at five... And run off... Maybe.

(I suppose they could have a bit of a romantic moment before they leave. Up to you!)

Naraness
10-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Zach knew for sure that he'd be killed if Eli's parents found out about this. But for some reason, that thought sent thrills through him. He was going to love Eli, no matter what it took. That excited him. He gently pulled away, his eyes sparkling as he gazed at her. Zach tenderly cupped her face in his hands and whispered, "I'd love to stay here with you for just one more night. But we might be out of time by then if we do." By then, every place within a hundred miles would be searched for Eli.

Zach glanced out the window, sighing. It would be wisest to go.

Rae
10-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Eli nodded, her eye following his gaze reluctantly. She faced the path they'd take back to the town, and a bit before then they'd split up, to avoid suspicions. She squeezed his free hand tightly and tugged on it so he'd follow her. "I guess so," She said dully, her heart sad.

Naraness
10-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Zach wrapped an arm around Eli, wanting to take advantage of the last few moments they would have together, until they met again. He walked through the snow, trying not to be too sad. Luckily, he knew most of the woods by heart, and as time passed, he was able to lead them along until the trees cleared. Now, Zach could see the city. His heart ached painfully. He didn't want to say goodbye...

The sun was now cresting over the horizon. It was a deceivingly beautiful sight. The light beamed down on the land in perfect, beautiful streaks. One would think that a sight like this would surely mean a happy ending. But the sadness in Zachary couldn't be lifted by the stunning scene.

A chilly wind swept across the ground, blowing loose snow across their feet. Please don't tell me I have to say goodbye. Though he struggled against it there were tears forming in his eyes. He turned to Eli, hoping that they could walk just a little farther together. Surely it would be safe. Just another half mile? Maybe to the city gates?

Rae
10-01-2013, 05:56 AM
"Almost there," She breathed, the air chilly enough to cause her breath to show. It was such a lovely day, it was ridiculous that she couldn't just bring him back to the castle and they could enjoy the few from the security tower. Or the garden. She'd just love to show him the garden. And the dining room... She knew dinner would be cooking for her right now, a thick stew, glazed ham and watered down wine due to her age. Could she not share it all with him? She could take him to the library.. And they could read together. He still had a lot to learn..

Her eyes met his and reflected his sadness. It was without a doubt the hardest thing she'd ever have to do. But they'd meet again... And then, they'd run.

"I'll try to meet you at five. But let's wait a week before me meet, so we don't raise any suspicions..." She said softly, her words forced, "Maybe we really will have to just... Leave. I don't mind."

Naraness
10-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Zach nodded, blinking away the mistiness in his eyes. "I'll see you then." He whispered, pulling her close. He kissed her one last time before they separated, his only hope knowing that they would meet again. And that brought a slight smile to his face.

Breaking the kiss, he whispered. "Be careful." He rested his hand on her cheek.

Rae
10-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Elizabeth sighed, hugging him one more time before she started down the road, heading more towards the east where the castle was and assuming he'd go west once she was out of sight. She was slightly miserable, and extremely nervous. Despite how lovely the weather was, and how cute all the little bunnies were that ran around, absolutely nothing put a real smile on her face.

Her gut was just twisting on the inside, he parents would be furious. Would they still even remember her?

---

What seemed like hours passed until she'd made it near the kingdom. It was grand, several hundred feet high and colored in a grey beige tone. Surrounded by sixty or eighty foot trees, and a mote of water, that circulated the entire structure. There was a drawbridge that only lowered to permit passing.

She reluctantly made her way up to the knights who guarded it, and announced herself although they knew damn well who she was. They stepped aside quickly, muttering how worried her parents have been and the endless searching to find her. She already knew, though.

Her journey through the foyer caused an excited uproar, and royal families from all over that had come visit shook her hand and welcomed her warmly and all seemed so relieved. She noted the change in the coloring, everything was newly painted, bright white colors instead of the old Brown shades. The tile was new, as well, an off white and shiny as ever. Large, sheer blue curtains waved to greet her as they hung with the purpose of covering Windows and flames on candelabras greeted her with a similar motion. As beautiful as the place looked, she knew what lied ahead, and as she trotted down the aisle and stopped at large, wooden doors she knew She was in for it, just a gut feeling she had.

Naraness
10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Zach stood motionless on the snowy hill, watching Eli until she disappeared. He wiped away the hot tears which dripped down his cheeks, glad that he had been able to hold them in until she was gone. "Get yourself together, Zachary." He scolded himself in a harsh whisper. Swallowing the knot in his throat, he walked along the dirty path back home. He didn't even attempt to lift his feet as he dragged them through the muddy snow.

As he reached the streets of the city, he knew that this would be the worst week of his life. The day was bright, and people were out on the streets, laughing and talking. Sadly, however, no one took notice of him. Why would they? They never had before. Zach's eyes sunk to the ground. As he neared the tiny stone house that he knew as home, he could hear his parents yelling and arguing. He cringed, and knocked on the door with shaky hands. As he reached for the knob, the door was wrenched open with a loud slam. Zach stumbled back, surprised to see his mother's face, red with fury.

"There you are, boy!" She screeched, stepping out onto the street. Zach received a prompt strike across the face, and took it with a sullen heart. "Where have you been?! Do you think you can just leave whenever you want?!" His mother's scolding continued on and on, but he wasn't listening anymore.

Zach put a hand on his mother's arm and simply said. "I'm going to go to my room now." He stepped past her, trying to block out his parents' furious shrieks. "It'll be better in the morning." He whispered to himself, fleeing to his room. He locked the door and sat on his bed. The pounding on his door and mad commands stopped after ten minutes or so. "It'll be better in the morning..." He whispered again, curling up on top of the covers. "It'll be better in the morning..." It soon occurred to him that neither of his parents seemed to have been worried. He buried his face in his pillow, gritting his teeth. It made sense... They probably thought that he'd gone off and been irresponsible for the week. They had no reason to be worried. Maybe in the morning they would be calmed down and he could explain... Maybe then they wouldn't be so mad at him.

He could only hope that would be so.

Rae
10-01-2013, 10:05 PM
"Do you realize you could've gotten deathly ill?"

"You could have froze to death, Elizabeth."

"I was in the vacation home..."

The conversation had gone on for hours. They'd met in the throne room, a teary, unexpectedly happy reunion, but just as quickly as they met the atmosphere changed and her parents were as upset as ever. They'd left the throne room and went quickly to dinner, a big, amazing meal was prepared for her immediately and they sat themselves in the dining room and began to talk things out. She wondered if they were trying not to be mean once they didn't want her to leave again. Did she have power in this conversation, then?

"With who?"

"Why do you assume--"

"Because you couldn't have provided everything for yourself, you can hardly make your own bed in the morning."

"I met a.. A boy."

"A little boy?"

"No, an older one," She said, continuing quickly, "Not a creepy old guy... He was my age..."

"Was he a commoner? What was he doing out there? Why we're you out there?"

Eli went on to explain how the weeks had gone, leaving out the romance although she obviously blushed here and there. Her parents at first seemed rather upset but as she stood before the throne and maturely took over the conversation, they seemed to soften up, but still, she could see them skeptical and curious.

"Our daughter under the same roof as a commoner...."

"But he wasn't dirty," She said defensively, "And he made food for me, and chopped wood for the fireplace."

"So he chops wood?"

"I... I guess, he has to, his parents make him."

"What a way to treat your child!" Her mother scoffed, finishing her plate and then waiting for her daughter to continue. "Do you like this boy, Elizabeth?"

"I... I like him, yes," She said softly, "I taught him how to read a little."

"He can't read?" He father voiced, amazed.

"No one taught him. He also taught me how to make a marshmallow..."

"A what?"

"It's a little, sticky, sugary, spongey... Thing."

"That sounds awful."

"I'd much like to try one," Her father joked, "The peasants eat such strange things...."

"I think you would like him," She added, knowing she'd said not to tell until a week had passed but she just had to tell them.... She honestly told her parents everything. She was happy to know they weren't planning to disown her, though they did demand she let the maids wash her and that she eat a much needed healthy dinner, as well as have the nurse check her. Twice!

"Well, that's a thought for another time," Her mother chided, "Go get cleaned up, and head to bed. Tomorrow we will announce your returning home to the town, everyone was worried, Eli."

'Were Zachs parents?' She wondered, chuckling lightly.

Naraness
10-02-2013, 05:40 AM
When Zach woke up, his eyes were stinging from tears and the lack of sleep from the night before. There was a quick knock at her door, and his mother's voice informed him that she'd made breakfast. She didn't sound mad anymore... But still, there was a certain air of disappointment in her voice. His heart ached a little bit. He longed for the old days, when he was young and his parents adored him... But that was long gone.

Zach got dressed, putting his clothes away and putting on one of his regular pairs. "Please don't still be mad..." He sighed, and trudged out of his room down the stairs.

When he reached the kitchen, the air was filled with the smell of bacon, eggs, and toast. It was his family's version of a feast. "What's all this?" He asked gently.

His mother turned to him with a soft expression. Relief flooded him. "We're glad to have you back. Don't leave again." She stepped forward and hugged him. In the corner, his father just grumbled and muttered. Zach was a little stunned... His mom pulled away and put a hand on his cheek, where a bruise was forming from where she had hit him the day before.

"I didn't leave. I got stuck in the blizzard." He mumbled, looking away.

His mother's gentle expression was gone in a flash, replaced by hard scolding. "Now stop that, don't make excuses. You're smarter than that. Why did you leave?"

"I got lost."

"Stop it, Zachary, why did you leave?"

"I didn't! Weren't you even worried?" His voice broke a little.

His mother scowled. "Eat your breakfast. Then head to the stable. We need you to find work like before."

Zach wanted to speak, but found that he couldn't. He left without breakfast and walked out onto the street, hearing a brisk, searing argument form between his parents.

Rae
10-02-2013, 07:51 PM
The week had gone by as some of the happiest days of every totals lives. From speeches announcing her return to elegant parties in the garden and ball room, all of which were centered around her finally being home and reestablished peace in the kingdom.

Regardless of all the fun being had, Elizabeth was far from happy. She hadn't been able to get away from anyone the entire week to go see Zachary, and wondered if he had given up on her or was even there to visit her. She was scared he'd move on, find someone else and change his mind. She had to go see him, but she just couldn't seem to find a moment to slip away!

The week had come to an end, and Friday morning she could be found sitting in front her vanity, combing her hair and wiping stray tears from her eyes. She just wanted to be with him again, it'd only been a week, but a week too long for sure. Had she made a mistake giving her heart up to a boy She had little chance of seeing again?

"Elizabeth, quit procrastinating and come join us for breakfast," Her mother commanded outside her door. But she just couldn't be bothered to do so. "Well, it'll be waiting for you, as will we."

Several minutes passed and she'd reluctantly given into her growling stomach, and mad her way to the dining room. It was only her parents there. They greeted her with warm smiles, before her father held up an envelope assuredly an invitation for something.

"It's just nearing the end of winter. We've decided to have a winter ball," He stated, his smile hidden under his thick brown beard. "A big, glorious one, and on that night you'll find a suitor, to get you out of this strange funk you're in."

...A suitor? Like... A husband?

"Will everyone be invited? ...Who's coming? Is this about marriage?"

"Calm down love. No, only the finest Princes will be invited," She said proudly, "No peasants, don't worry. And it is... we just want you to settle down, and start thinking about your future as a queen. And to be a queen, of course you need a king!"

"But I don't.."

"It's not an option, so don't try and get out of it," Her father stated, "You need to quit acting as if you're still a child. You're nearly a grown woman and you need to start acting like it!"

"The ball will be held this Saturday, from the afternoon till midnight, as usual. We have dresses already being tailored... And to make things interesting we've made it a masquerade!"

Elizabeth only nodded, jabbing at her breakfast with a fork, racking her brain on how to get to Zachary. What kind of punishment was this? She assumed being grounded, but marriage?! She had hardly considered it, and with a stranger?

---

Back in the town, rumors spread wildly, and all the women found it most intriguing the royal couple were having their daughter marry so young. They wondered who she'd marry, and when the wedding would be and who'd be invited. They gossiped about the wedding dress, the masquerade and the decor and food at the ball.

Naraness
10-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Zach was miserable. He rarely spoke to anyone. His friends spoke about him behind his back, trying to figure out what was wrong with him. He had been obedient to his parents, finding a job at the stables and working there every day. Each day was the same. He would wake up with a pang in his heart, and think about Eli for several minutes. He would skip breakfast, and go to the stables. Then he'd work for his amount of time and go to the town square, where he got something small to eat and he would wait for hours, until six o'clock came around. He knew that he and Eli weren't supposed to meet for a week, but still he waited there every day, just in case. He would sit by the fountain and stare off towards the castle, hoping that by some miracle Eli would appear.

Waiting in one place for hours gave him a lot of time to listen. All the women who came to wash clothes at the fountain would chat and gossip, and soon it seemed like all they could talk about was this masquerade ball. It was Friday afternoon. He was sitting in his usual place, when he heard the name of the person he so desperately wanted to see.

"Yes, little Elizabeth is going to be finding a suitor come Saturday!"

"Really? But so young... And so soon after coming back home!"

The womens' voices continued on but Zach had already gotten up. "What? When? How? Why?" His heart beat rapidly. How dare someone try to take her away from him? Did she want to find a suitor? Had she already forgotten about him? Or were her parents forcing her to do this? He had to know. He couldn't risk losing her to some pompous prince.

The women were startled at the sight of, him, looking at each other. After a moment a flustered, plump woman answered. "Well yes. Yes it would be so. But what's it to you? It's not like a boy such as yourself could get in. You, always moping about and-"

"Where? When? Please tell me, my life may depend on it." He got a look that clearly said, 'You're crazy.'. But he was answered, and found that it would be the next evening. "Thank you!" He smiled at them. This was his chance. He had to get into that ball and find Eli. He had to make sure that she still wanted him. He had to make sure she was still his... He swallowed the knot in his throat and ran. It would take all of his money to buy an outfit nice enough to get into that place... He would probably have to scale a wall to get inside, that or make some ind of fake identity. Oh what was he getting himself into?

Rae
10-02-2013, 11:22 PM
"Just... Beautiful!"

The day seemed to drag on, but in slow motion, and in a miserable way. She'd seen dresses more lovely than any of the ones she'd ever seen. The shoes were lined up by the hundreds. Jewelry displayed everywhere. They'd chosen the dressing room to do all this, filling it with flowers, drawing back the curtains to let in sunshine. The maids swarmed her and were currently working on the fitting.

The dress (http://www.shopindress.com/media/catalog/product/T/S/TSKN1077.jpg) She'd chosen was a soft pink one, something elegant yet appropriate. But her heart wasn't in it much, she'd picked it out knowing it'd be something Zach would like, but she didn't care much what everyone else thought. They wanted extreme, something bright blue or dark red, bigger, and bolder, but she just wanted something soft and pretty. Something that matched Zachs always blushing cheeks, maybe. She smiled at the thought. She longed for him to attend this party...

"Why don't you perk up? One of the maids asked, tightening the dress around her torso, "Any woman would kill to be in your shoes..."

"I'd let them have it," she mumbled, tugging at the skirt. She wished Zachy could see her, she really did.

"And your mask (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61imOLGUnDL._SL1125_.jpg)?"

"....Just something simple."

"Hmm..."

Naraness
10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Zach had to scrape and grovel and do everything he could to get enough money for just the simplest of outfits that would be acceptable for the ball. But he finally was able to. He found a nice blue tunic, one that was on sale, luckily for him. By the time he'd bought it, and a modest silver mask, he didn't have a penny to his name. But it would be worth it to see Elizabeth again. Of course, if he failed and had to return home and explain his story, his parents would most likely kill him. He'd had to take some of their money too. Not that his father worked much anymore...

It was almost time. He had to take a deep breath to calm his frayed nerves. He had somewhat of a plan, but he'd had little time to think it through. Mostly, he would have to wing it and hope he would succeed. His biggest obstacle would be to get through the front doors. After that, he figured it wouldn't be too hard to keep up a facade of being a royal, and simply be able to blend into the crowd.

He waited near the entrance, but not close enough that the guards would see him. When one of the royals attending the ball came around, he would quickly look at them to try and judge whether or not they would be friendly enough to believe the story he had made up. Soon one did, a young man about his age, maybe a year older, came around. He had soft, muddy brown hair and though Zach couldn't see his face behind the mask, there was an undeniable smile of kindness that could be seen in his eyes. "Ah, excuse me good sir!" Zach tried to imitate how a royal would speak.

"Yes?" The man turned to him, a slight smile visible behind his mask.

"I was wondering if you could help a fellow out." Oh that was stupid, royals don't call each other 'fellow.' Zach brushed it off and continued. "It seems there was a mix up at the gate, and they won't let me in. I'm late and my family is waiting for me inside."

The other replied with a small grin. "Follow my lead."

I can't believe that worked... Zach thought. He followed the man, keeping his posture straight, and trying to observe how everyone acted, and in turn, mimic them. When they arrived at the gate, they entered without a problem, and relief washed over Zach. Just three steps into the ballroom, Zach's newly found acquaintance grabbed him by the arm.

"I know why you're here, and I know you're not a royal. I decided that in the depths of my heart there was goodness enough to let a peasant have one night of fame. But please believe me, you have no chance to win the princess. So stay low and stay out of my way." His voice was low, and almost like a growl.

Zach was nearly frozen at these words. He nodded solemnly. "I'll keep that in mind." Perhaps this man hadn't been as friendly as he originally thought.

"And please do enjoy the party. I can assure you that you'll never get another chance to be in a place like this." He walked off, and Zach was glad to see him go. Now all he had to do was find Eli.

The air was filled with the smells of heavy perfumes, food, and candles (Which seemed to be lit everywhere). Zach was lost in the sea of faces. There were so many colors in the room it was almost blinding. Each outfit was an attempt to outdo all the others. His modest attire looked quite simple and plain in comparison. Everyone was wearing a mask... It was so hard to distinguish one person from another. "This might be harder than I thought..." He murmured.

Rae
10-03-2013, 06:01 PM
"Good evening all!"

An excited roar from the crowd erupted and the king simply chuckled and then continued, "Thank you all for coming... whether it was to meet my daughter, have a night of fun, or get an idea what real elegance is like. We are thrilled to have each and every one of you here!"

The crowd clapped and laughter filled the air, and everyone gathered around to make sure they caught sight of the princess.

Elizabeth and her families reputation counted on this dress, her form, and her over all attitude. No snarky remarks or glaring, she had to be sweet and graceful to every single person here. She had to dance with every suitor, and give a toast just before dinner is served. All while in a mask, and tight little corset.

She waited just behind closed curtains, on a floor above the ballroom that you could get to by two, long curvy staircases that connected both floors. Trimmed in silver and dyed pink, the entire ballroom reflected her pro-choice. Silver table clothes and chandeliers, pink blossoms in oversized pots, and mixed colored sparkles on the floor. Everything was soft and innocent, much like their daughter.

'Not that innocent,' She giggled sadly to herself, thinking of her and Zach snuggled on the couch and feeling her heartache at the thought. What she wouldn't give to see him tonight. The night was young- Actually it was hearing five, the time they were to meet every day... She'd disappointed him for sure. Or maybe he found a girl prettier than her. She gulped at the thought.

"Please... Give our daughter a nice, warm welcome!"

The entirety of the room clapped and praised the Little brunette as she stepped out behind soft pink curtains and stepped up to the railing on the balcony, waving the royal way and smiling as fake as ever. She tried to avoid messing with her perfectly curled, caramel hair, and couldn't touch her face in fear of smearing makeup.

She stepped lightly and elegantly down the steps, holding her gown up and coming to an awkward pause as she stopped at the end of the steps and hopelessly searching the busy crowd for her Zachy. But she couldn't find him.... how could he even get in? She could only be ignorantly wishful, but she knew, he wasnt here.

Naraness
10-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Of course, it was only a moment before Eli appeared. Zach's heart gave out at the sight of her. She was so beautiful... Though she was dressed up, and far more prim and proper than he was used to seeing her, there was no doubt that she was his Eli.

Zach suddenly felt so foolish. Why would someone as stunning as Eli was now, ever want him? Maybe he would be better just to go. A knot swelled in his throat. "No." He whispered. "I have to try." He cleared his throat, watching Eli with awe as she reached the bottom of the steps. He wove he way through the crowd, trying to get closer to her. But the room was too thick, everyone squeezing closer and shoving, trying to get a better look at the princess. Zach realized he would have to wait for the right moment to try and get near her. Every person in the room would want to speak with her, and every prince would want to dance with her. It could be hours until he was able to see her. He sunk back into the crowd, waiting in one of the corners and constantly watching her.

He watched, in spite, as the handsome royal who had 'graciously' let him in, was the first to approach the princess.

Prince Lucifer Hemmington, was his name. He had a dashing smile, a kind face, and a voice that had charmed many women. Inside, he was still snickering at the thought of that poor, lost commoner who was probably dumbfounded and tripping over himself through the ballroom. But as Lucifer approached the princess, his thoughts were diverted to the beauty before him. "Good evening, princess." He took her hand, pressing a kiss to her fingers. "May I have this dance?" He asked, his eyes shining through the richly beaded, ornamented mask which hid his face.

Rae
10-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Eli had yet to catch sight of him. She was standing at the staircase, still, and just couldn't help but keep looking for him. She felt her mother's heavy gaze And the maids from behind her push her forward and down the last step. Her eyes were focused on the back of the crowd... But what was She going to find? Nothing.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and sighed as one of the most handsome prince's she'd seen come up to her and ask for her hand. She should be counting her blessings for so much attention. But she didn't want it. No... She wanted Zach--

"Of Course," She said with one of her bashful smiles, although he did make her cheeks a bit red she didn't feel nearly as flustered as she did with... Zach...

He'd whisked her onto the dance floor where there was some space and she nervously told him this She wasn't much of a dancer, and never even had a lesson. She tried to position herself correctly but was beginning to worry he'd become upset with her, "I'm sorry... so can't dance very well."

Naraness
10-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Lucifer chuckled, and winked rather flirtatiously. "No need to be sorry, your majesty. Your grace alone is all you need." He drew her close, and started to dance with her to the music. All around, there were many who were bitterly muttering and glaring, wishing they could be in his place. Of course, all he could do was smile that charming smile. "I'm sure that you expect this, milady. But you really do look quite beautiful." He said earnestly.

Of all the men who wished they were in Lucifer's place, none was more than Zachary. From afar, he watched them. His eyes shot daggers at the prince, but he could do nothing. He had no doubt that the man was indeed quite charming. Probably more than he could ever be. But really, even though Elizabeth wasn't truly his, he felt as if she was being stolen. He had to get her attention... He just had to. Maybe there was a way. He started to look around, searching for a way he could create a diversion and slip away without being suspected of causing it. Then perhaps he could distract more of the room and make his way to Eli. It was worth a try...

Rae
10-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Elizabeth could see her parents from the other side of the room, urging her with large gestures to make a move, engage in conversation, mouthing he was the one-- Go for it!

But she just couldn't. Her mind was on the fact her love didn't show. She wanted him to sweep in and rescue her from this place... She knew this Lucifer guy wouldn't want her if she wasn't a princess. He based it all on looks and position. Like she should be... But she just couldn't. She glanced around more time before she convinced herself he wasn't here and focused her attention on Lucifer. She tried to smile despite her sadness, mumbling a shy thank you for his compliment. "You're an excellent dancer," She said softly, exhaling heavily in an attempt to fight off pesky tears.

Naraness
10-05-2013, 04:15 AM
Lucifer smiled. His blue eyes shined behind his mask. "Thank you, milady. I spent a long time learning. But there's really no way I could surpass your natural grace."

It was true that what the prince was really after, was the power that would come with being married to Elizabeth. Of course, she was also beautiful and would make a fine wife. But those were only bonuses in addition to the position he would gain if he could wed her.

"You know, on nights like this-"

A loud crash cut him off. Gasps and screams rang out through the room, and almost everyone rushed to see what had happened. "What on Earth..."

Zach had done it. He really had. He'd somehow managed to turn over an entire table and then feign surprise and duck as if the crash had been caused by him. As everyone hurried to the scene, he fled from it, dashing through the mass of people, towards Eli. In a matter of seconds he succeeded, coming over with a breathless smile. He'd taken quite a bit of time learning how to mimic a royal, and at the moment was doing quite well. Zach interrupted Elizabeth and Lucifer, asking in a proper voice, "I wonder if the princess would allow me to continue this dance?" He bowed low.

"You?!" Lucifer exclaimed. "I told you to-"

"Na-a-a." Zach waved a finger at him. "All is fair in love and war." He swiftly took Eli's hand and swept her away, leaving the baffled prince behind.

Rae
10-05-2013, 06:27 AM
"Who...?"

He was so familiar... Just that voice. It made her cringe, and fill with warmth and butterflies in her stomach. She tilted her head to the side, inspecting him closely. She walked with him until they were a little more alone, closer to the doors that lead to the garden and illuminated them in a soft blue from the fountain. "It's a little hectic in there now I... I figured we could talk over here."

Her hand grazed his and she stared at him with the utmost curiosity, "Who are you? How do you know Lu... Um, Lu..." She paused for a moment, "Um, Lu... cifer?"

She let her hands rest at her hips and she continued to gaze at him, a spark of hopefulness in her heart. What if he was...? ....No, no way, it couldn't be.

Naraness
10-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Zach smiled. Did she not know who he was? Maybe he was doing better than he thought. "Don't you recognize me, Eli? Surely I can't disguise myself that well." His eyes twinkled, and he smiled that boyish smile that creased the corners of his mouth, just as always. "It's alright if you don't." He murmured. "It was probably very foolish of me to come and see you like this..." His face sunk for a moment. "Imagine what my parents will think. They'll disown me for sure." Zach realized that he was rambling a bit, and blushed with a sheepish smile.

He tried to regain his composure and simply offered her his hand, asking her to dance with him.

Across the room, Lucifer seethed with hate. There was something wrong with that boy. Elizabeth was going to be his... That he knew for sure.

Rae
10-06-2013, 06:05 PM
"Zach?"

She paused for a moment, proud she was right, impressed he got in, and then just unexplainably happy that he showed up. She slipped her hand in his and drew herself close to him, glancing around the room and sighing. She couldn't do much with with him in here, they could hardly talk, too many eyes and ears straining to invade their privacy.

"Can you dance?" She asked with a grin, "Cause I can't..."

Naraness
10-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Zach grinned. "Not at all." He chuckled, drawing her close. As much as he wanted to just sneak away with her, he knew it would be nearly impossible. All the attention in the room would soon be back on her, and then he would surely be thwarted. If hundreds of eyes were on him, there would be no way that someone wouldn't suspect him. There really was hardly any time.

Having no idea how to dance, really, he just swayed with her and then leaned close. "I don't think I have very much time, Eli..." He closed his eyes.

Rae
10-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Eli frowned, shaking her head, "No.. No don't leave!"

She glanced behind her at the backdoors, "Why.... Why don't we leave? Just... I mean, I know it's silly but I... You can't just leave, you only just got here... We can go through the garden..."

She clutched his arm, "Dont just Leave I'm miserable here. They want me to get married next month! And probably to Lucifer!"

Naraness
10-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Zach was a little shocked by the urgency which he heard in Eli's voice. But as he heard the plans for her to marry in the coming month, he started to panic a bit. There was no way that he would let Lucifer have her. "I won't leave, Eli. They'd have to drag me away." He leaned in close and whispered in her ear. "I want more than anything to leave with you. If you want to. I promise that I'll love you and take care of you forever. And if you ever want to come back I'll let you." His voice broke a little. "But it'll be hard. I don't want to take you away from this life if you're happy here."

Rae
10-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Eli glanced over her shoulder, noting her parents were lost in a conversation with royals from the East. She winced as Lucifier's eyes briefly met hers, a questioning look settled in them. She faced Zach and sighed, her fingers grazing his and then intertwining with them, "I just want to go before they get the idea to question you... We'll figure things out later... I... I just need to run up to my room and grab a bag I packed in case we did decide to leave... It has things I think'll be useful for us," She breathed, glancing around and sighed, "You should head out towards the garden, I'll meet you at the wall covered in vines, the window on that walls my bedroom window. I can climb down through that, and meet you, okay?"

She backed up a bit, "A bit cliche," She chuckled, "But it's our best shot."

Naraness
10-23-2013, 07:19 PM
"I like cliche." He chuckled. Then Zach put a hand on Eli's arm. "Just... Make sure you really want this." He was still doubting himself. Would she really want to give up all of this for him? How was that possible?

"I'll meet you there." He smiled softly, and turned towards the gardens.

Rae
10-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Eli paused for a moment, and then nodded. She waited for him to leave and then walked around for a bit after, waving to some random people and making quick small talk. She'd made it just to the bottom of the stairs when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned and inwardly groaned at the sight of her mother.

"Where are you off too?"

"Just needed to freshen up for a moment.."

"...Mm, well. Hurry up, Lucifier is waiting for you!"

"I know, I know," She glanced at him and the corners of her lips twitched upwards although any sort of smile was forced at this moment. She then swiftly turned on her heels and quickly yet gracefully made her way up the stairs. She hurried through the doors, down the hall and then peeked over her shoulder to make sure she hadn't been followed. She flung her door open and quickly locked it behind her, leaning against it for a moment as she replayed the plans mentally.

She changed out of her ball gown and tossed it onto the bed, and then searched under the bed, up in the frame works till she found the thin black case she'd stashed away. It had a good amount of money in just about every currency she was aware of, as well as passports, a map, and a little black pouch with her finest jewelry inside.

She slipped on a dark blue gown and then over that a white sort of cloak with a hood. She tucked the case in her brown satchel, and then made her way over to the window, peeking down after quietly jerking it open and looking for Zachs face down there somewhere.

"Zach?" She called out, "Are you there...?"

Naraness
11-15-2013, 10:24 PM
It wasn't hard at all for Zach to sneak unnoticed out into the gardens. His heart was pumping with pure excitement, as if all the joy he'd ever felt was running through his veins at once.

As he disappeared out of the gardens, he felt as if a pair of eyes were on him. But glancing back, he couldn't make out any particular person from the crowd. Hm.. He dismissed the thought and continued, walking around the castle wall towards where he would meet Eli. Every once and a while he would glimpse the passing lights of a guard on patrol, but their predictable movements were easy to avoid, and he wasn't caught.

I can't believe this really worked... He thought. As he retraced the day in his mind, it was almost ridiculous the lengths he had gone just to see her. What would have happened if she had changed her mind, and wanted to stay? He couldn't think of an answer to that question that involved him remaining alive. Either his parents or Eli's parents would have murdered him. Maybe at the same time. There was still a feeling in his gut that his parents would hunt him down and kill him regardless of his success. He tried not to think about it.

Soon he had reached the foot of the castle below Eli's window. He could hear her changing in her room and blushed, respectfully gazing off into the garden. Zach only turned back when he heard the window open. His eyes shone through the darkness, sparkling with hope and undeniable love. "Hi Eli." He smiled sheepishly, as if they hadn't spoken just moments before. "Are you ready? I have a horse waiting not too far from here. We can go wherever you want."

Zach's heart swelled at the thought of traveling distant lands with her, finding adventure, falling more deeply in love... And one day, asking her to marry him, as he planned to do when the time was right.

Rae
11-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Eli smiled and waved back to him in response, gripping the case tightly to her chest with one arm as she used to other to ease herself out of the window, clutching onto vines and praying she wouldn't slip anytime soon. She'd also remembered to grab a cloak for Zach and figured they'd be much better disguised this way.

She eased herself down, and it was a good five minutes before she actually touched the ground. She sighed, amazed she'd been successful, and then tired to Zach with an anxious smile. She handed him the case and explained briefly of its value, and handed him a black cloak and suggested he slip it on.

Her thoughts and worries seemed to subside as she realized their plan was actually working, would she really get to escape, alive, with him, not married? It was just too good to be true.. but she wouldn't question it. There wasn't time for questions, just rash notions.

Naraness
11-15-2013, 11:24 PM
As Eli eased her way down the side of the wall, Zach stood below, ready to catch her if she slipped. He wouldn't allow her to be hurt. Despite the fact that he hadn't put much thought into their near future, he knew one thing for sure. Eli was his responsibility now. She was trusting him, someone who had been a stranger a month ago, and he had to live up to what she deserved. He would be her protector, confident, and support; nothing less.

As she reached the bottom and explained, Zach nodded, obediently putting on the cloak. He gently took her hand, smiling. "It's not far." He assured her as he started walking into the garden. He heard footsteps and saw a flash of light. "Those guards are everywhere..." He murmured. "This way, through the gardens." He smiled, guiding her through the shrubs and pathways of the garden. The smell of roses filled the air as they passed by a section of bushes covered in beautiful red blooms. For a moment he wanted to stop and pick one for Eli, but he was afraid that there wasn't any time. People would be searching for Elizabeth any moment now. He needed to get her away as soon as possible.

After weaving through the garden, and then through a small patch of forest which lead to a grove of maple trees. A simple, sturdy horse waited for them, grazing peacefully. It's head rose at the sight of them, and it snorted at the sight of it's new, odd master. "Here we are, milady." Zach smiled shyly, untying the steed from it's post. He paused for a moment, looking at Eli. She was stunning, as always. He swiftly tied her satchel to the saddle, then turned his eyes back to her. "You're sure that this is what you want?" He asked, his eyes pleading that her answer would be yes.

Rae
11-16-2013, 01:50 AM
"Of Course," She said with a light roll of her eyes, "I wouldn't have come this far if I wasn't sure, Zachy," She said with a smile. She glanced over her shoulder on the direction they'd come from, listening to the very distant laughter coming from the ball room, and the light that seemed to make the kingdom glow. As lovely as the kingdom itself was, inside there was a lot of injustice, and she couldn't be happier to be leaving and starting a life somewhere else.

She held out her hands and pulled him close to her, every bit of her anxious to get them away from here and alone together. "Lets hurry and leave..." She gestured for him to help her mount the horse-- As she'd never done it on her own before. Oh how she ached for the same scene as the warm nights in the cabin. They couldn't go there but with the money she brought, she hoped they could stay somewhere like that.

Naraness
11-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Zach smiled, reminding himself that she was still the same person who he had spent all that time with at the cabin. She was still Eli. His Eli.

"Just making sure." He smiled, shyly kissing her cheek. Zachary helped her onto the horse, using his hands as a step for her. Once she was settled in the saddle he swung into place behind her. His arms on either side of her, he gathered the reins and guided the horse through the trees. In moments they reached a small dirt road which trailed away until it couldn't be seen any more. Moonlight rained down on them. Zach looked up, gazing at the star-strewn sky.

"Hold on." He said, whispering close to her ear. With a gentle nudge of his heels, the horse broke from a walk into a loping canter. With each thundering stride, they were propelled farther from the castle, and closer to their new life.

Zach found a smile on his face. It was wonderful... Because he knew that he wasn't leaving anything behind. The only person he couldn't live without was right there with him, in his arms. They had a horse beneath them to take them where they needed to go, enough money to get themselves started in a new town (or an adventure.) What could be better?

Nothing. Zach thought to himself. Nothing could be better.

Naraness
11-16-2013, 06:21 AM
As the night darkened around them, the stars and the future welcomed them. Eli and Zach had only just begun their life together. With Winter just starting to release the land, and Spring ready to take over, it was the perfect time for new beginnings.

That was exactly what had happened the moment they rode away from the city. They started something new, and their lives would never be the same. Their love was making history, and it was a story which had only just begun.