PDA

View Full Version : An important message to all participants of Realms of War

E1Alpha
07-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Like everyone will have noticed. My presence on RPA and as such in RoW has been decreasing further and further. This is because things are getting busier and busier in my life. I finished school, but I am currently working a 9 to 5 job as a programmer during the holidays, and afterwards, I will have college to worry about. This all is cutting not just into my free time, but because all of this is on the computer, it is cutting into my mood to spend time on the computer. (Most of my free time I spend painting models just to get a break from the computer)

This is however very negative to two things: My RPA mod duties and Realms of War.
Lately, when I have free time, I must of the time turn away from my computer in disgust, wanting to get a break from looking at the screen all the time. But I find that all of this is causing my updates on RoW to get pushed way to the background. Currently, I've found myself putting hardly two hours of effort into RoW per week, which is not enough for me. While Tolvo and Jacogos have been doing an awesome job with their battles at this point, I fear that I am not going to be able to have the time to continue managing RoW as a large-scale roleplaying project.
I was first considering to pass on the Head GM position to another person here in RoW (being Tolvo or Jacogos), but wether it continues as an RP Project or not, Realms of War stays my precious creation. A creation I am not going to let just rot in a corner. The lore and stories of Realms of War, aswell as many of the gameplay elements are all kept safely on my computer, and they will stay there to serve as the primary inspiration for my game designing studies I will do in college.

But as you've probably noticed by now, this message is simply to announce that Chapter 5 will not occur. I am really not happy with this decission myself, but I just cannot manage getting around to have enough time to work on RoW like I did a year ago. The Realms of War Roleplaying Project will be officially shelved by the end of the summer.

HOWEVER

Let it be clear to everyone: The roleplaying project here on RPA will stop to exist, but the lore, the characters, the gameplay, all the effort that has been put in Realms of War, it will all continue to persist. The Realms of War wiki will also stay up and I will use it to perfect the Realms of War lore and gameplay. I have the intention to turn Realms of War into a truly epicly sized fantasy universe. Part of me is even considering to perhaps work out rules to create a tabletop version (but that's just wishful thinking on my part).
This is also announcing to everyone who just cannot stop roleplaying in the RoW universe: You are more than welcome to take the Realms of War universe as inspiration for YOUR roleplay. Hell, you are free to contact me if you want to know a specific lore detail aswell. You can go for a different universe of RoW, for example one where Disgeran has won the war and roleplay in that. If you have suggestions for things to be added to the Realms of War universe, you are more than free to send them to me. (No promises I'll be quick to reply or that I'll definatly add them in, though!)

And another message to add into this: Tolvo, Jacogos, Crest and anyone who has put so much work in RoW to make it what it has become today. I want to first of all thank you all. You've been supporting me so much with this project and I truly despise that I have to let down the faith you've all put in me. I'd also want to add that it is possible that Realms of War be taken to a commercial level in the far future, so if you want anything you've added in to not be included anymore, please do notify me. However, if you don't mind me using your ideas, everything you have so far thought of in Realms of War will still be used by me. The units Tolvo designed, I will be using every single one if he doesn't mind. The NPCs everyone came up with. They might change a bit here and there, but again, they will definatly be used. The intermetsos and P.I. writing you all made, I will keep this all stored away nicely on my computer and make sure that your characters, should you wish for that to happen, will have their official place in Realms of War to stay until the end.

I am going to finish up this message with the sad concludement that starting tomorrow, I will begin backing up everything in this forum to my computer. All the stories, all the characters, all the ideas, everything. When I have everything stored away, I will pass this sub-forum over, to the judgement of the admins, after which it will most likely vanish. When it does however, for all who care about Realms of War still, I will make sure to place a link to the wiki in my signature at all times.

And with that said, I want to apologise yet again. The Realms of War roleplaying project ends here.
A big thank you to everyone who participated, and an even bigger thank you to the ones that joined up at the start and stuck all the way through. You have my gratitude, and my sincerest apologies that I am no longer able to dedicate the time needed to this to keep it alive.

Tolvo
07-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Well it was fun (When I wasn't complaining). It's a shame to see it shelved, but it happens. Real life matters most, and tastes change. Oh well, I had fun as a GM even if it was only for a short while, and yeah feel free to use the units if you want. My job is as a writer, and actor, so it doesn't really clash with my work to have stuff for a game units wise out there. Though of course I wouldn't mind a little credit if you ever actually go through with it.

By the way don't direct all of your anger at E1 if you are upset by this, he asked me about it and I told him that he should do what he needs to do. If there just isn't enough time, to stop, if there is time, to just lessen it if need be. So if you guys are upset by this decision I partially had my hand in it I suppose.

DoughGuy
07-21-2013, 11:16 PM
It was great while it lasted E. Wish it could continue. All the best with your job and college :)

Cfavano
07-21-2013, 11:16 PM
well, this sucks. But, as Robert Frost said; Nothing gold can stay.

Will the players in the RP get a free copy of the tabletop game? XD

E1Alpha
07-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Nah, Tolvo. I made this decission before I read your reply.
Like I said, people are free to use Realms of War as their roleplaying setting in whatever way they like, and I will continue expanding on the lore, but just the Roleplaying Project has its end here.

- - - Updated - - -

And Cf, I can promise. When I make some sort of a game about Realms of War, all the old players will be on my list for beta invites.
Free copy of the tabletop I'll have to see IF it is even made.

P.K.
07-21-2013, 11:25 PM
well... thats sad and ya I'm a bit upset but you know what, it might have been bound to happen and I understand that its real life and it sucks some times.

E I don't mind if you use any of the writing I made for you :3 thats what its there for, Credit for me and every one who participated is always nice though! Who knows Maybe I can help with more of it in the future, I wont mind. though I'll miss this Role play all the way... and maybe just maybe when time frees up we can start it all over again ^-^

Shani and Karrha you are free to use as Characters, back group or main or not at all :3 heck you can even use wisp :3

Keep me in mind when you make the game -_^ or even start writing it!
I'll miss Role playing with you all, and hey mayhaps we'll take E up on his offer.

Thank you E for Running it as long as you have, and I can't wait to see the work enlarge and expand with or with out our help here :3

I suggest if you want to Back up your Oc's you best save them now people. I plan on grabbing shani and Karrha as well and putting some of what happened in.
:3 lets all Role play again okay?
~~~~~~~~~~

Edit -

Actually E do you think we could just keep up the form to use that for your suggestion of just Role playing out anything and everything?
All the old battles are here, and all of the notes though things might have to be used differently and it wont be the same. but still a place for the RoW crew to do just that and expand on your Ideas to help you when ever you can see them.

Idk its a thought.

Tolvo
07-22-2013, 12:04 AM
I should also mention that with RoW ending, I don't think I'll be continuing my dream battles since they were just unit tests along with feelers for how things might go in the future. Though perhaps I could just post what the special endings were with the Runic Circle.

Cfavano
07-22-2013, 12:44 AM
sure.

And it should be easy to make a tabletop game. Think of how simple war games became chainmail, and then became D&D. All you really have to do is take an existing system, but change the rules.

Tolvo
07-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Scaravus

Seers - They were going to suddenly see the entire future forever and beyond, they'd be able to predict every movement an enemy can every make, a more subtle victory.

Hydromages - They were going to create a massive mist and create water beings, essentially recreating the Ekros under Scaravus control that would dominate the battlefield. It would be an entire army.

Disgeran

Warlock - They would summon an army of 100 Colossus and 1000 Infernals to wreak havoc and conquer everynoe.

Necromancers - Every dead soldier on the field and in the world would revive, to become shades under Disgeran control.

Firanos

Either would cause a massive inferno from the sky, fireballs that rain down from above and kill everyone aside from the Fierans.

Aeregos

Wind Callers - A massive tornado that is six hundred feet wide, totally under their control and sent to wipe up the battlefield then go for the faction homes.

Channelers - They would become capable of reworking every single warrior of Aeregos to become super soldiers, everything at peak human capabilities and more, making the Aeregosian army the strongest, fastest, most magically attuned, etc.

Archeos

Paladin - Every Paladin would turn into an Archon with the power of multiple Champions, flying beings of pure light that can destroy entire lines of soldiers by themselves while lighting up the sky.

Priest - Every single soldier of Archeos would become unkillable, the priests would negate all the magic of every other faction as well, and barriers would block everything from leaving.

Leongarde

Alchemists - They would create potions that made everyone into the hulk basically, giant massive muscular creatures with normal intelligence that could rip the stones from walls, and throw infernals with the intelligence of humans.

Magesmiths - They were going to put together all the metal on the battlefield and underground, ores and such, and force them into the sky in a giant ball. Then form the True Titan, a massive bipedal Lion that is eighty feet tall and made out of metal, then use it to clean up the battlefield.

This is just simplified stuff, I of course was going to make it all seem a lot more important, and have the meragia appear since it was just a dream.

P.K.
07-22-2013, 01:06 AM
r-really? o-o gosh...

Oh and if we can't keep the RoW thread stuff up there is always the painted dove so if any one puts up something revolving around RoW like E say's we can do we can always use that for the OOC's and links to all the RPs.

Gosh... I'm still going to use this...

Cfavano
07-22-2013, 01:10 AM
The real world: Realms of war?

P.K.
07-22-2013, 01:12 AM
re-read what E said then ask yourself if thats what he meant o-o
then yes you could probably try it. and you could use the painted dove, should it ever get going. for it in some ways.

E1Alpha
07-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Well P.K., seeing as the actual large scale battle part of Realms of War will probably end here, it would just begin to clutter the Battle forum, so it'd be better for it to be removed. But like I said: I'm leaving the wiki up, and I'm going to add everything that was here and was important to RoW there.

And like I said: If you want to RP in the Realms of War setting, you are more than welcome to set it up yourself in one of the other Roleplaying sections (be it Fantasy or Mature) and ofcourse ask me for help if you're not sure about something lorewise.

Eddren
07-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Damn it, and I still had another solid eleven chapters before I was fully prepared to form my own Faction and have them meld with the Ekro. Not to mention another five chapters' worth of equipment to add to him, and another five chapters' worth of gaining better control over his abilities. And then another countless chapters of discovering a way to actually meld with the Ekro.
Anyway, if you do finish that game and we get Beta invites, we better have some way of being distinguished enough to get unique characters--Our OWN characters--In-Game. I don't care if it's just that it's all in customization options and our Gear is obtainable, but somehow I wanna be able to recreate Dez.

E1Alpha
07-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Being a lover of full character customisation myself, you can be sure that will be implemented

Cfavano
07-22-2013, 12:56 PM
yeah, we should get free rare equipment.

P.K.
07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Well P.K., seeing as the actual large scale battle part of Realms of War will probably end here, it would just begin to clutter the Battle forum, so it'd be better for it to be removed. But like I said: I'm leaving the wiki up, and I'm going to add everything that was here and was important to RoW there.

And like I said: If you want to RP in the Realms of War setting, you are more than welcome to set it up yourself in one of the other Roleplaying sections (be it Fantasy or Mature) and ofcourse ask me for help if you're not sure about something lorewise.

Ya I guess thats true.
well, there is the dove so if any one dose I'll be happy to put a link to it in the dove you guys.
just let me know.

Damn it, and I still had another solid eleven chapters before I was fully prepared to form my own Faction and have them meld with the Ekro. Not to mention another five chapters' worth of equipment to add to him, and another five chapters' worth of gaining better control over his abilities. And then another countless chapters of discovering a way to actually meld with the Ekro.
Anyway, if you do finish that game and we get Beta invites, we better have some way of being distinguished enough to get unique characters--Our OWN characters--In-Game. I don't care if it's just that it's all in customization options and our Gear is obtainable, but somehow I wanna be able to recreate Dez.

lol you really had something worked out.
well if you still want to Roleplay it out go do it :P I'll even join with Karrha, and maybe wisp.

Being a lover of full character customisation myself, you can be sure that will be implemented

sweet :P
If you do that I'm making Karrha, shani AND wisp XD
Maybe.
Good luck E :P and if you ever need support you know where to look!

Jacogos
07-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I.... I may actually cry. I don't think I was even remotely prepared for this...

Although I humbly respect your decision, I'm going to be completely and terribly honest with you: there was nothing more that I wanted to do than write for this marvelous universe you created, E. every day I got on RPA I browsed the threads hoping some new update would grace the RoW forum. my time on the Internet will be an empty thing indeed without this to occupy my time.

Being a part of this has been one of the proudest parts of my time on RPA or really ANY sort of project whether writing or otherwise. Seeing it go is like watching a baby bird you raised from an egg fly off into the distance, knowing it will never come back.

This all may seem rathe melodramatic, and it probably is considering its 2 AM where I am, but dammit I'm going to thoroughly miss this project. Though I may see each and every one of the players elsewhere in the forums, it won't really be the same without RoW. I'm not even sure I could make myself create a spin-off RP without you at the helm, E.

Anyway, before I start rambling any more, I'll just say thank you for creating this project in he first place E. it has influenced me in many more ways than one project should and with any luck I'll remember my time here for many years to come. dammit still rambling.

It has been an honor serving as a GM and writer in the Realms. Keep in touch, yeah? That goes for all of you bastards. Fuck it, I love you all T.T

The Imposter
07-24-2013, 08:23 PM
E1, congrats on the progression forward with schooling and work and all that sweet stuff. It is going to be hard seeing this gone. It was fun...I share a lot of the same sentiments as Jaco...hell RoW was always the first thing the two of us caught up on on skype.

So I guess we should toast or something. Everyone raise your age appropriate beverages. To E1 and RoW!

Cfavano
07-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Yes! May he Dine at the Emperor's table for eternity!

Jacogos
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
They didn't need to know about that, Impo haha

Cheers, everyone *holds a glass Coca-Cola bottle up*

P.K.
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
-raises her glass of root beer- Cheers! :P

Tolvo
07-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Well it's a good thing I turned 21 a few days ago. *Raises his Milk*

Jac and I did the same, talking about it on skype.

And now it is time for me to swoop in, create my own War RP, and snatch everyone up! Mwahaha Ahahaha! I shall have the mostest players, my players will be playerer!

But yeah, it was fun while it lasted. Who knows, maybe some day it will pick up again. In which case, I'll just post a shit ton of stuff with units, ideas built up over time, etc. And then E1 gets to sift through it.

P.K.
07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
lol tolvo. Can't wait to see that War Rp now o-o

E1Alpha
07-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Tolvo, you are free to send any ideas you get to me still :P Realms of War was never going to die permanently ;P

P.K.
07-24-2013, 10:38 PM
hehe. cheer for the RoW living on in heart and mind! also in writing and maybe game :P

You promise you'll send for us if you start it again? or get an actual game going. or anything at all that has to do with this project?! :D

E1Alpha
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I swear it on the lives of my precious Ekro.

P.K.
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
O_O
Ooo thats a serious promise!
Okay I believe you. :3

Cfavano
07-24-2013, 11:19 PM
good. Now I shall sacrifice PK to Lord Tzeentch!

P.K.
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
-takes a frying pan to Cf's face and then leaves him for the weeping angels-

Anyways where were we?

Tolvo
07-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Sure PK, you can wait for the War RP. I mean, it won't be done probably like a year or two. So yeah, advertising it here! Get your dicks hard and your butts moist for Tolvo's new RP, advertised here in someone else's thread! You too can join an RP that might exist in a year or two, and might suck completely! Pre-order now at Gamestop to receive a crest for your player created faction with a hat upon it and an Altair Outfit for your King from Assassin's Creed. How whacky and Ironic, am I right? Also don't forget, we'll be on the Xbox One and will be at E3 next year!

P.K.
07-24-2013, 11:31 PM
o-o

Cfavano
07-26-2013, 01:12 PM
woo, we got shiny new badges!

E1Alpha
07-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Aye. Those badges are a little thank you from both me and the staff as a whole for the dedication and work you've all put in RoW.

Cfavano
07-26-2013, 02:11 PM
thankee.

Jacogos
07-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Awwww. E1. You're gonna make me cry again T.T

P.K.
07-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Awww D: -treasurers the shiny new badge-