PDA

View Full Version : (R) Unhinged Duality - Horror Roleplay

Rulke
07-28-2013, 08:52 PM
This is rated R for violence, drug references, supernatural, torture, terror, disturbing themes, dark comedy and twisted morality.

Here's the short version, the sins and virtues represented in human form are being brutally killed only 1 of each side is self-aware the rest have no idea. If everyone dies the world order will collapse as there will be no good or evil, only a existence of ennui, doldrums and apatheticness. A world where no one cares or no one feels. A world where emotions don't exist.

UNHINGED DUALITYhttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/092/e/f/duality__by_coldwave_enigma-d607hvx.jpg

Four unconnected deaths, Luis Freechen a famous chef murdered in a way that would make anyone anorexic, famous athlete Carol Winters dying in questionable circumstances, but official story is a suicide. Lucy Jackson a well known activist who's still giving to the world, just not in way she desired and finally CEO of Hart Conglomerate Victor Yassen who recently got Man of the Year.

All these deaths appear to not connect to the outside observer due to the lack of witnesses and the apparently momentous distance between the happenings.

This is war though to cause collapse of order in the world, for a lack of sin and a lack of virtue would disrupt the ethereal balance between heaven and hell, plunging Earth into a barely corporeal, purgatory state, extinguishing life as we know it.

The sins and virtues are of the world are being killed off.

Only two know who they are and both have realized whatever feud the two see. They must work or die together.

The scale has been tipped and the effects are already being witnessed. Charities that once offered aid to others, refuse now, businesses are collapsing without hard work. Schools teach violence instead of education, laws are being rewritten and corrupted. Anarchy ensues in the streets which gets progressively worse as the Sins and Virtues are murdered.

Stranger still many of the populace are starving to death though there is food aplenty and there is a increased rate of heart attacks due to high stress, with insomniacs now clocking in at millions.

Work together or die apart

The sins and virtues must do this.

Setting: International

Virtues

Chastity

Charity - Dead-Dismembered in what is believed to be a vehicular accident and had her body parts scattered meticulously amongst the black market as a sort of mock donation. It is commonly believed that her liver now resides within the stomach of a particularly cruel Russian mob boss.

Temperance

Dilligence - Dead - Head slowly grinded into nothing starting from nose. He was voted the employee of the month at the factory in which he worked for years prior to his tragic 'accident'. It is believed he was alive through most of the 'Accident and only died when his brain was damaged. It was also believed to have taken hours for his face to be grinded down to his brain. Video footage of the incident reveals that he was tied down and drugged just enough to dull the screaming and the pain. A power sander was used and found at the scene of the crime, blood and brains still warm upon the belt.

Patience

Kindness

Humility

Sins:

Lust:

Wrath:

Pride:

Gluttony - Dead - He was found with his mouth taped shut and his arms and legs bound. A feeding tube was inserted into the tape where a continuous stream of Liquid food was feed to him until his stomach burst.

Greed

Sloth - Dead - Believed by the public to be suicide, an overdose on anti-anxiety medication and muscle relaxers. Family believes she died in her sleep, but foul play isn't entirely out of the question.

Envy:

Character Skeleton

Name -

Sin/Virtue -

Gender -

Age -

Personality -

Motivations -

Whether you will Allow them to be Murdered -

History -

Bee Bear
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Well hello there! This is a great looking RP but should you need some help getting more players these links could really come in handy:

Like the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645&p=1318649&viewfull=1#post1318649) where people can learn a little more about your RP.

Or here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) where you can submit it for Roleplay of the Week and possibly have it advertised on the RPA home page.

There's also a thread where you can request for a custom banner (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18912) to be made especially for your roleplay.

The staff would be happy to help advertise your game in our sigs and you can let us know about it here. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)

And last but not least, the RPA Tribune! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18026) Here you can get yourself some more advertisement, more exposure and more players!

Sounds great, right? So go on and give 'em a try!

Waarnemen
07-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Another Sins and Virtues RP?
I am interested.

Rulke
07-28-2013, 09:20 PM
This is an idea, I had in the past, and tried on another forum. It sadly did not go well, but since less censoring here, I think this could work.

Who would you be interested in taking, which sin or virtue?

Waarnemen
07-28-2013, 10:19 PM
I have no idea yet.

ElizabethStark
07-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Hmm, this seems interesting.. I might decide to join if I have the time. :)

Arcayne
07-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Imma join this ^^ looks good. Pretty sure you know which one I'm gonna want Rulke ;)

Miru
07-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Possibly interested? I'm not exactly sure what to make of the plot at the moment. :x Soooo it's a maybe, for Kindness.

Arcayne
07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Name - Katreena

Appearance:
http://i.imgur.com/380UjsR.jpg?1?7894

Sin/Virtue - Lust

Gender - Female

Age - 21

Personality - Out going and very loud, she is a little flirty but prefers chaos to love though she does get a little excited about the matter of making love. She can be very blunt and straight to the point although most of the time she's very mysterious and likes to make people work to get what they want from her.

Motivations - She doesn't have any as such apart from her lust for chaos and darkness, it's like a drug. She has to cause chaos...she simply just has to.

Whether you will Allow them to be Murdered - Possibly at some point.

History - Katreena was a different child, well everyone was a different child but Katreena had something about her that other kids and parents just didn't like. Whenever they were around her they felt a change in power, like somehow she was in control and something big was about to happen. No-one thought anything of it until she was caught stealing items from other peoples bags during a school disco when she was no more than 8 years old. This continued right up to her adult hood and she is now avoided by most others, her most recent arrest was for using a smoke grenade as a distraction to plant bombs in strategic locations around a concert stage and crowd. She placed them in a way that would cause people to panic and become disorientated but not hurt anyone, what she wanted from the crime was to fulfil her lust...lust for chaos. She causes anarchy where ever she goes, and she loves every second of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add the other parts when I get a chance to talk to you Rulke, need to confirm some things about them :P

Rulke
07-29-2013, 11:16 AM
I know the plot is quite dark but the idea is the world is falling apart because the personifications of these and sins and virtues are being murdered, they don't need to know they are, for all they know they are normal, but if one dies, so does the sin in extreme. Same with virtues, since charities are dead, greed has taken over, but if greed dies, then oh dear.

Arc, it works, although no kids please, since people will travelling to New York if they don't already live there.

Arcayne
07-29-2013, 01:30 PM
don't worry, I've added her age. I'm pretty sure she isn't a child :P

Rulke
07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Anyone else, need more people, I shall control the villain and one virtue or sin.

Rulke
07-29-2013, 06:07 PM
I kinda need more if we are going to do this....

Arcayne
07-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Post it in one of the promotional forums or something? I'm sure there's one for getting attention for RPs :P

Sunlight-
07-29-2013, 11:02 PM
I will have the sin Envy. This is really interesting.

Rulke
07-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Thank you Sunlight, if you can try get more people.

RedKayne
07-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Name - Blake Ellsworth

Virtue - Kindness

Gender - Male

Age - 26

Personality - Blake lives by the golden rule, "Treat others the way you want to be treated." He's very kindhearted to others, no matter how they would treat him. He is not naive to the badness of others though, he will be wary but he will treat everybody with respect nonetheless.

Motivations - He feels that there is too much hate in this world, and he wants to spread peace and harmony through small and simple acts of kindness, one at a time.

Whether you will Allow them to be Murdered - Yes

History - Blake grew up with two loving parents. Through his childhood and teen years, Blake was always known as the sweetheart to others. In high-school, Blake won the attraction of many girls because of how kind and generous he was, but he turned down every single one of them because he didn't want to take advantage of their feelings. He went to a state university for college, and after he graduated, he became a high school English teacher.

Arcayne
07-30-2013, 07:41 AM
hmmm I wonder how your character will get on with mine, not sure how Katreena who's gonna be a criminal once get her history done will react to a nice sounding guy like Blake xD

Arcayne
07-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Added my characters history, I admit it could've been better but it was early in the morning :P

Rulke
07-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Whatever sin or virtue is left, I shall take it. Also need at least two more people.

Arcayne
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm gonna send it to a few people, perhaps at least one of them will join ^^

Pineapples
07-30-2013, 06:26 PM
I would like to take Pride and maybe Wrath(if thats okay), but I have to go in a few mintues. I will post my character when I have the chance. :)

Rulke
07-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Ah special deal about Pride, they are one who actually knows they are personification of a sin, Pride knows they're a sin and forget which virtue, also pride preferably must be a politician since they need to gather everyone.

Rulke
07-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Anyone else, need at least two more, then can post IC.

Pineapples
07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Oh wow. I'll just take Wrath then. I'm not sure I can play a politician that well, haha.

Pineapples
07-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Name: Josie Montelli
Sin/Virtue: Wrath
Personality: Josie is a sassy, hard-headed girl who enjoys violence. She loves to pick fights and bully others.
Motivations: She is mostly motivated by hostile environments and fighting.
Whether you will allow them to be murdered: Probably

History: Josie grew up in a home with only one parent in the house. Unfortunatley, that parent had anger issues which we passed down to her throughout the years. She earned a reputation as the school bully and it never left her. The only way she got what she wanted was through intimidation.

Rulke
07-31-2013, 05:52 PM
I shall work on my character soon, I am frankly wishing to take the last one, so not as to limit others.

Arcayne
07-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Hmmm...seems like a match for my character Pineapple. COME AT ME BROSKI!!!! xD

Rulke
08-05-2013, 06:17 PM
I need more people, surely there is others who would be interested?