PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown :: Breakout (No longer Accepting); Futuristic Assassin RP...

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:15 PM
OOC BY splicer407:

"Attention citizens of Tokarra, your government has been overthrown, I am now the sole wielder of power on this planet. As of this moment there shall be no travel between this planet and any other, with the exception of unmanned merchant vessels. Failure to observe this rule will result in your destruction. Distinct changes may occur in your day to day lives, but remember, I will always be watching."
-The Overseer
Message displayed on all holoboards, M:06.783.472, 2:43 pm
13 years later, you receive a hand delivered note:
Dear sir or Ma-am,
We know of your skills and your distaste of our 'ruler'. We also know that you want to get rid of him and his posse, who help him with his deeds. Meet in the abandoned fallout shelter of factory A334251 at 2100 hours, a map has been provided for your convenience.
P.S. As soon as you receive this note you are in danger, trust no one but your closest friends.
Signed: The Raven
The person that handed you this note quickly slips away through the crowd, a black cloak and hood hiding their appearance. You flip the note over and discover a map, starting at the south entrance of factory A334251 and ending at the fallout shelter.[/spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tokarra was a magnificent planet, filled with beautifully sculpted buildings and graceful landscaping. After the Overseer took over, however, the once beautiful planet quickly degraded into an enormous industrial complex, the skies obscured with clouds of smoke and the landscape completely obliterated beneath ugly factory buildings and habitation units. Anyone who made planet-fall within the next 24 hours, or was already there, was trapped and the public transportation buildings quickly dismantled and replaced with mechanized freight warehouses.
The citizens, both human and many varieties of alien alike, were horrified at what their planet was becoming, but powerless to stop it. The Overseer played for keeps, slaughtering public rebels in droves. Eventually the common citizen became no more than a commodity, all sent to work in one of the many factories and given 'government' mandated housing and rations. The few hours of the week day and break day, which were monitored, became ever so precious to the workers.
And then, like stars being obscured by clouds, a few of the citizens began to disappear from the grid, becoming untraceable for several hours at a time. Over the course of two years a few members of society were 'fazed out' and replaced by new people who had not previously been on the grid. After six months these people were completely invisible to the system. Underground communities formed when they realized that they could not even be seen by the cameras placed nearly everywhere. You are one of these people, invisible to the system, but if a guard sees you they will attack on sight because you have no identity.
Using your time wisely you decide to teach yourself how to fight, making your weapons yourself and inventing your own fighting style. A few of your old enemies have already fallen to your will and a mysterious 'Raven' has contacted you about some secret meeting.
So, now that you are 'free' will you help the Raven? What else could you do? He is waiting for you.
Summary
Tokarra, your planet, has been overthrown by a military tyrant and transformed onto one huge industrial complex. By an unknown means you have been removed from the system monitoring grid and summoned to an old fallout bunker under an abandoned sector of a factory building. Your skills are in assassination and you have taken down a few enemies with customized weapons. So, will you help him or not? The Raven awaits your decision.
If you like the summary, please read the whole ting. There are a few bits of information to pick up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.:Rules:.
1: No godmodding
2: obey forum rules.
3: keep your posts in paragraph form, 3 sentences or more please
4: put &7& at the top of your character profile if you've read the rules.
5: What I say goes, no arguing unless its completely illogical.
6: No overpowered characters, i will be sure to watch this, but please try not to make mey have to say anything about it.
7: Have FUN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.:Character Forms:.

Name: (first and last)
Alias: (the name you've decided to use off the grid)
Species: (you can make up your own)
Gender: (one of two choices, unless you decide to be neither O.o)
Appearance: (picture or description, if picture please use the spoiler code [*spoiler][*/spoiler](without *s) to hide it.)
Weapons: (a description or a picture will do , if picture please use the spoiler code [*spoiler][*/spoiler](without *s) to hide it. and be creative, this IS the far-flung future on another planet)
Personality: (what are you usually like?)
History: (only since you were 'freed', we all know you worked against your will before that)
How do you feel about your situation?: (did you want to to be freed, do you think its a good idea to go to the meeting?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Accepted characters
Once accepted i will add your name to the list. Please note that this list is subject to change and will have a definite cutoff.
1. splicer407 -- Geru Irithsu
2. Vyrall -- Emily Eirheart
3. Roose Hurro -- Picofarad "Pico"
4. Stormwolf -- Bryan Hartmann
5. SoulSeer -- Benjamin Miller the 4th
6. Enigma -- Angela Komar
7. Thekherham -- (reserved)
8. Hell Knight -- Jax Kurgon
-- No longer Accepting --

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I won't bite... much...
Please note: post is subject to change.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Vyrall:

&7&
Please tell me if I did anything wrong and I will fix it.
Name: Emily Eirheart
Alias: Tempest
Species: Human, partial android
Appearance: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Cassy878/491db7bb7f101.jpg
Weapons: Em is incredible with computers and the like. If she can’t make something blow up right beside you she will reprogram something to do it for her. She often keeps spheres the size of golf balls on her person. Each one of them has the ability to unfold into a spider like creature that focuses on it’s target and makes its way to destroy it by any means necessary. Other then this, small knives do just fine for the fast woman.
Personality: Em is cold and quiet, and relishes logical conduct. She doesn’t really like people becoming too intense around her, and simply thinks life is too serious not to be taken lightly. She has a lot of anger in her, but that is why she manages to stay so calm. She is holding that down. She can come off as too cold, like a solid piece of steel but what people don’t seem to realise is that steel is far more useful then mush. She sees many people as weak, but doesn’t often express her opinion unless asked directly.
History: Em has begun to recognize her own power, and has been learning all she could. Her photographic memory and cyborg implants make it easy for her to store information. She has been memorizing maps, tactics and the like all in hopes of being able to crack something along the lines. She has been training in the ability to hack systems and other such things, knowing that she would be more useful with such an ability.
How do you feel about your situation? She is incredibly glad to be freed, and feels it is an opportunity to get back at the ones who trapped her. She thinks that the meeting is an efficient way of going against the government, but doesn’t much like the idea of having to introduce herself.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:24 PM
splicer407:

&7&
Name: Geru Irithsu
Alias: The Raven or Raven
Species: Teskadian
Appearance: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6500/nekoguyapple.png
Note: He usually wears a black vest of some kind that is usually open. Also when he is in public and not sneaking around he wears a black cloak and hood with a ruff of raven feathers on the shoulders and about six inches down the back.
Weapons: Wrist mounted plasma blades about two feet long, colored red to match the blood of victims. Also carries a few cameras about the size of a triple A battery.
Personality: He's dark, and even as a worker he always kept to himself and became used to the inventions he made in his off hours and free days confiscated at every checkpoint. He is highly intelligent, almost a genius and has a taste for the theatrical.
History: After Geru realized that he was free, which took him a few days, he quickly found the least populated and visited area in the world, an old and abandoned fallout shelter beneath one of the factories that wasn't even on any maps except the original architect's. He began to place his own cameras around the city and build a control center in the bunker. Eventually picking out those who had been freed.
How do you feel about your situation?: He wonders why he was freed, but doesn't really care now that his chance for revenge on the Overseer is near.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
splicer407:

well... of course you've asked a question i have no straight answer to xD

let me make you a chart:

Beginner: you've just started and have almost no idea how to roleplay

Novice: you know how to post, but your posts are usually made up of 2-3 sentences of verbs and descriptions of things, a bit of dialogue there too.

Moderate: you've been in 2-3 roleplays, and usually post 4-6 sentences of coherent information and sometimes longer, but not too often

Intermediate: Your posts contain well thought out information and attention to detail, usually containing 6-8 sentences or longer. You are capable of writing more when needed but do not often find that need.

Advanced: capable of writing 1-2 paragraphs in one post, well thought out, with attention to detail. Capable of more, but not always comfortable explaining the smallest details at length.

Expert: usually write 2-3 paragraphs in one single post, includes all previous catagorys as well. (note, when Advanced players get bored this happens as well)

DISCLAIMER: this is just what i think and not a definite scale of skill, i might be wrong and you are free to choose your own skill level.

Since you've been roleplaying for 5 years i'd be willing to take a guess that you're intermediate, advanced, or expert... but since time is really no measure of experience who am i to say...

I hope this helps... oh, and if you want the sig to this RP just say so and i'll give you a code... otherwise just tell anyone you know who might be interested http://209.85.48.22/9054/103/0/e5000473/e5000473.gif

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Roose Hurro:

Hi, Splicer...
Got your PM, but, unfortunately, due to a glitch, I cannot return any PMs... so I'm posting here. Sounds like an interesting storyline, and I think I have the perfect character, though he is highly unusual, in that he's the only member of his species to have survived off-planet. So, he'd be rather hard to hide:

NAME: Picofarad ("Pico" for short... his real name is unknown)

SPECIES: Unknown... usually just refered to as "Deeks" (derogatory term, real species name unpronounceable)

HEIGHT: 2.5' standing

WEIGHT: 87 lbs.

ARMOUR: Bulletproof hide.

WEAPONS: Intellect, poisonous bite (his saliva and other bodily fluids are toxic), sharp claws, intense vocal output, speed and strength.

ABILITIES: Regeneration, coupled with extreme durability. Pico can fix anything that's broken, using his innate talent and creativity to solve problems, and find solutions to any mechanical ailment. Also, since his species are seasonal breeders, and the males are only stimulated by females of their own species, he cannot be seduced. And he can also cling to any surface, hold his breath for a very long time, and with his strength, shape matter... he can shape metal with his hands, and carve (or dig through) stone or wood or metal (etc.) with his claws (his claws are transparant, and are so hard they cannot be dulled... periodically, they are shed and regrown, like shark teeth. Oh... and his teeth are as hard and sheddable as his claws). Pico also has two larynxes, so his voice has a slight echo... his voice is very loud and powerfull enough to kill when he uses it to the fullest.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Pico is unusually heavy for his size and slender build, due to the density of his organic tissues (he appears to be about half his actual weight). His hide is a golden sand color, paler on his underside and darker on his back. His limbs are banded with copper markings, and there are grey/black slash markings on his back. His eyes are a mix of amber and jade, and his forehead is marked by an oval bulge, streaked by slashes of dark metalic blue. His short, thick mane runs from his forehead bulge to just below his shoulders, and is a dark blonde tipped in the color of old steel.
In general appearance, Pico resembles a dragon... though, instead of wings, he has a second set of arms under his first set... they are more slender, with three digits per hand -- two fingers and a thumb... there is also a short grooming dewclaw opposite the thumb (technically a digit, but I'm not counting it, due to its stubbiness). His other arms have hands with five full digits -- four fingers and a thumb on each, and very dexterous, despite their very sharp claws. And like an oriental dragon, he has a pair of long feelers on his head that, when drooped, tuck behind his ears. His ears are very large and sensative to sound, like a bat's (he can echo-locate in the dark)... and his head feelers are sensative to electric/electromagnetic field radiation. His hide is very sensative to touch. And his slender, whip-like tail is prehensile. Each foot has six toes, two of which are dewclaws equiped with scythe-like talons, one on each side. His other toeclaws are thick and heavy and sharp edged... almost hoof-like, but just as hard and sheddable as his claws.

ATTITUDE: On the outside -- (If he doesn't like you) That of a tough guy who can prove his toughness, with a smart-aleck disrespect for authority, backed by an acid sense of humor. He also acts with extreme (and justified) confidence in his abilities. (If he does like you) He doesn't speak much, but will pull subtle pranks and act in annoying ways around you... and when he does speak, he will either treat you with grave respect, or tease you without mercy, or even show the genuine affection he is capable of showing, when he is with someone he fully trusts... something very rare for him.
On the inside -- Since loosing his parents and siblings, and being exiled from his society and his people, Pico has lived with his grief held deep inside, something he has not shown to anyone (yet). Still, in all the time he has traveled, and all the other people (human and otherwise) he has met, he has learned the value of his life, and has reached a full understanding of why his parents had sacrificed themselves for him. And he feels sad that his own people remain blinded by tradition and belief, by an attitude of isolation and mistrust. But, despite all he has learned through his life, Pico still feels those same attitudes, beliefs and traditions deep within, and fights them every day.

This is an old profile, so some things have changed, his personality and "attitude" having evolved as I've played him. Physically, he's remained the same, though I have edited in some bits I originally forgot. Might need to work out how he would fit in with your story scenario, so let me know what you think. Any questions, ask....

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
StormWolf:

Name: Bryan Hartmann
Alias: Lyon
Species: Human
Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZU4eV6cLvlw/Sp7sXcc8lqI/AAAAAAAABzE/pslD_Vu-zXc/s400/til+schweiger+basterd22.jpg
Weapons:
Sledge-Wrench
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/3127240533_5d0d9d292c_m.jpg
Industrial Strength Nail-Gun
http://www.premiertoolsales.co.uk/images/6844%20Autofeed%20screwdriver.jpg
Personality: Loud, offensive, intolerant, and an all around bastard
History: Bryan has been trying for months to get some kind of compensation for a machine malfunction that cost him his left arm, but they keep denying his case, saying that he should have kept better maintenance on the machine, even though he told his manager that his machine needed new components and never received any. He grew very intolerant towards non-human races, seeing as how his wife took his daughter and moved in with a non-human after Bryan vanished off the grid.
How do you feel about your situation?: He wants his family back. Yes, he wants things back the way they were, but what he wants more is to find the non-human son of a bitch that "took his place", and kill him.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:46 PM
SoulSeer:

I want in on this one
Name: Benjamin Miller the 4th
Alias: Rust
Species: Human
Appearance: http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/Ryan-Reynolds-3.jpg
Weapons: Not the most resourceful person, his only 'homemade' weapon is a thick rusted chain. He often attaches a heavy steel padlock to the end to use as a weight to throw or swing at an opponent. He has trained with this weapon for all the months he was off the grid and he has become quite proficient with it.
He has a bionic eye which can be used to give him detailed information on an object's physical properties (mass, density, temperature, electric current etc.) and its also very sensitive to movement and color contrast giving him a keen eye for detail. (He's used to using the eye only for mechanical maintenance but he is slowly discovering more uses for it).
Personality: Benjamin likes to avoid conflict, and rarely fights out of anger or hate. He fights to survive when backed into a corner.
Benjamin isn't the best when it comes to communicating with others and he often comes off the wrong way, or says the wrong thing. Often he can be stubborn and unreceptive to other people's veiw points.
History: When Benjamin was little before the Overseer took over Tokarra he was the son of a wealthy painter, and he was practicing to follow in his footsteps. The Overseer however crushed all the beauty out of Tokarra, and took the family's fortune. When Benjamin turned 15 he was forced to work in a factory, repairing and maintaining maintenance drones. (a job which relied far more on finding and anticipating common problems than real technical know-how). He was given a bionic eye to better do his job.
Not long after being taken off the grid Benjamin was attacked by the Overseer's minions. He picked up a rusty chain, fought, and managed to escape and went into hiding. Constantly fearing being found Benjamin started practicing combat with his chain.
How do you feel about your situation?: He doesn't like it. He would much rather be on the grid (although after fighting the Overseer's minions there was no returning for him). He thinks going to the fallout shelter and plotting to fight the Overseer is a pointless idea, but its his only alternative to hiding until he is eventually found and killed.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Enigma:

I hope there's still room for me! =^_^=
&7&
Name: Angela Komar

Alias: Igor Bakhvalova, Former District Manager wanted for questioning.

Species: Unknown (Valkyra)

Appearance: Angela Komar - A slender humanid fem with pixie-cut dark hair, blue eyes, lightly tanned, 1.7 meters tall, 50.8 kilos mass; a pair of wings sprouting from her back, wing span of 1.22 meters. Cannot fly in this gravity.

Igor Bakhvalova - Graying muscular hom, dark hair, potbellied, 1.8 meters tall, 79.4 kilos mass.

Weapons: Plasma hunting rifle, two plasma pistols, force-field pen knife, bioplas multitool, bioplas hunting torso armor, improvised explosives implant, martial arts implant. Soldier implant

Personality: A quiet, hard-working girl, described as "intense" and "a little strange" and "private."

History: Three days before the Overseer's takeover, a salvage ship delivered among other things a strange pod, intact and slightly larger than a man to Komar Salvage on Tokarra. Viktor Komar, curious, pried it open and to his surprised out flooded pink fizzy water and a young girl about seven with wings coming out of her back. Wrapping her in a blanket, he took her home to his wife and family. After the take-over, they told everyone that "Angela" was a distant cousin who was Vera's godchild, come to live with them after a farming accident killed her parents. It was easy to believe the silent child to be in some kind of shock, her wings hidden under a cardigan.

Control of the salvage yard eventually passed to the Overseer's agent, Igor Bakhvalova, and the family forced into one of the new block of apartments nearby. Viktor, upset, was attacked a few days later by unknown men and died shortly thereafter. No one stepped forward, but everyone knew Viktor had been set upon by the Overseer's men.

Angela grew up in one of the factories with her adopted family where she proved to be a hard worker and a good mechanic. An inspection by the Overseer's District Manager years later brought the two of them together. Struck by her beauty, Igor invited her to a 'party' back at her old home. She tried to avoid his advances, but when he grabbed her and tried to pull off her cardigan was stunned to see her wings. Implanted skills took over and she fought back - a blow to his throat that left him gasping helplessly as a palm strike shattered his nose, driving bone shards into his brain before he could summon help.

Searching his possessions, most of it stolen from their rightful owners, she found cash, pistols, hunting rifles, charge packs and a holographic costume belt.She knew it would only be a matter of time before the body was discovered and she suspected in his murder. Cleaning up and scanning his body into the costume belt, she then fed him to the incinerator. Afterwards, "Igor Bakhvalova" used his id to ordered a bunch of supplies "for a long trip." The men who delivered them had no idea that the gruff Igor was Angela in disguise. After packing the supplies, she rearranged things to make it look like he'd run off for a wild private vacation, but in reality used his vehicle to hide caches of weapons and supplies in the various hidey-holes she remembered as a child.

A month later, Igor Bakhvalova resurfaced, gruffly flashing his ID at the gate of the factory Angela worked at to tour the building. They never noticed the small hands that would break the surface of the hologram to quickly plant blocks into various nooks and crannies. Later that night the empty factory exploded. Homemade bombs had taken out the core machinery and data center - and destroying all personnel records. Other bombs an hour later took out the district office.

Two weeks later, one of Igor's supporters, a former bully-boy who 'fixed' problems for him and now moving up in the world, was giving a speech in front of the bombed district office condemning the misguided rebels when he was shot by a plasma hunting rifle. Investigators discovered the shot had come from an office rented a month before by Igor Bakhvalova.

Igor Bakhvalova, district manager for the Overseer, is now wanted for several bombings and murders in his own district. As yet, no interest has focused on his last 'house guest' or her family.

How do you feel about your situation?: Angry. Fighting mad.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 07:00 PM
splicer407:

I nearly forgot that i said i would do this xD

Name: ???

Alias: The Overseer

Species: ???

Appearance: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/armiesofWAR/chaos/Magus/magus-concept-04.jpg

Weapons: No known weapons
Personality: Cold, dark, and cruel, also has an affinity for medieval styles although it is not shown outside his wardrobe and personality. Not much else is known about him.

History: He is the current overlord of Tokarra and a very mysterious man
How do you feel about your situation?: N/A

and please, relax your fears so that we can move on fairly soon.

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Hell Knight:

I'm having trouble uploading a photo,

Name: Jax Kurgon

Alias: Kurgon

Species: Krogan

Appearance:

Weapons: http://www.20minutersairsoft.co.uk/weapons/pulse.jpg (http://www.20minutersairsoft.co.uk/weapons/pulse.jpg)

Personality: Stubborn, hardly show any emotions and are hard to read.

History: Kurgon was once a warrior, he fought in a war that dealt with extermination, he was a the best war lord his people believed in and his warriors followed him 'till the end. But most of that changed when he came to Tokkarra, he believed he could help his people for they are carrying a plague that is hurting his people, a disease that infects almost every Krogan.

How do you feel about your situation?: Kurgon feels like this is the opportunity he needed for his people, if he helped this Raven, maybe he could return the favor by finding a cure for his people before they go into extinction.

GraftRaven
10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
can i get a role-call of anyone who's still here?

Enigma
10-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm here. I wasn't sure how you were doing the assignments.

GraftRaven
10-30-2009, 12:06 AM
well... if no one shows up over the next 2-3 days that won't matter much...

go do something else until then, and don't be disappointed if this closes...

MidKnight
11-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Hey I'm still here, though my RP's are gone so I have to make new ones lol

Vyrall
11-02-2009, 04:38 AM
I am present, sugar.

Roose Hurro
11-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Finally made it back! Though I don't know for how long, given the problems this new site has caused me. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed...

Vyrall
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Are we still on?

MidKnight
11-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Who's turn to post anyways?? surely I'm the last one to post lol.

GraftRaven
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
right.. that leaves 4 of you, which means 5 of us total... and its now impossible to edit the thread name... i think its time to close this down....

sorry guys, you can expect it back in the future though.

Vyrall
11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
How tragic...

MidKnight
11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Indeed.

Roose Hurro
11-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Ditto... :C