PDA

View Full Version : Duelist Dominion: Opponents

E1Alpha
08-03-2013, 05:21 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2agw09d.png

Current Round:
August 2013 - September 2013 (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47100)

Uai Trakand (Jacogos)
V: 1
No Kill Awards

Subject Sigma (Jacogos)
No Kill Awards

Gresh (Cfavano)
No Kill Awards

Welcome to Duelist Dominion! The new Combat RP Project hosted by me, E1Alpha.

For those who don't know what Duelist Dominion is, it is a ranked Combat RP competition, utilizing a ladder ranking system to determine which character is the better.

How do you compete in this? Simple. Every two months, I will post a general challenge in the Throwing the Gauntlet topic. There, you will find a number of characters, created and played by me, each at a set location, which you are able to challenge with a character of your choice. Once you have issued your challenge, I will ensure your character is a balanced one (not a superhero or a troll character). Once that is out, I will create the battle thread and the duel between your and my character will begin.
However, to add to the tension, every four posting rounds, I will use a dice roll to determine a random hazard in the arena. The longer the battle lasts, the more dangerous these hazards can become.
These duels will be not only a test to see if your character is capable of holding him/her/itself in a fight, but also if you are capable of inovative tactics and actually use strategy and utilise the arena to the best of your abilities.
If you are victorious over my character, then you will be awarded a Victory Point for that battle. Your number of victory points determine your position on the ladder.

If you are able to beat all four combatants from one faction, then you are eligible to fight the Big Boss of that faction. Beating these will be much more difficult, but also award a special emblem that pushes you up further on the ladder. If you are able to beat the 8 Big Bosses and achieve all the emblems... There's one more surprise waiting for you.

Any questions and concerns regarding this can be sent over to me.

If you want an idea on what to expect on the battlefield, you will find a listing of each arena and character you can be put up against down here:

The Arcane
A broken and twisting nether, the arcane is a battlefield where pure magic moves freely. Raw elemental power flows through the seams and cracks in the old rocky surface where the fighting will take place. This place is a daring battlefield, where anything can happen in an instant and the elements are at verge of going haywire.
Example Hazards: Air Elemental Flux, Fire Elemental Flux, Arcane Storm

The Arctic
A frozen wasteland, where the very soil is your main worry. Deep snow and large surface of pure ice hinder most movement and combat. Combine this with the risk of avalanches and snowstorms, aswell as hypothermia and you will have yourself a very challenging battle.
Example Hazards: Thin Ice, Blizzard, Shattering Glaciers

The Cityscape
The scars of industry are always prominent and permanent. This area is no exception. A massive, abandoned factory complex, the ancient machinery here has been doing nothing else but gather dust and rust. A ghostdown of the peak of industrial revolution. Hardly anything seems alive in here... But that does not mean nothing here is motionless...
Example Hazards: Machine Collapse, Partial Building Collapse, Bombing Run

The Facility
Science. Something both wonderful and terrifying. The Facility is a perfect example of the latter. Modern machinery and devices fill this laboratory, hidden deep within the core of a dormant volcano, using its heat to keep all of its automated systems operational. Not the perfect place for a fight, especially considering that some of the old experiments that were conducted here might still be intact...
Example Hazards: Power Overload, XT7-Hulk Unleashed, Super Soldier Unleashed

The Graveyard
A place where the reality of battle is most defined. Death and silence are your only companions in this seemingly endless cemetery. The stone graves worn and covered in cobwebs and dust. The air feels chilled with death, as a thin mist creeps along the ground. I wonder... Maybe you have more companions here after all... Watch your step.
Example Hazards: Mist of the Fallen, Dead Hands, Rise of the Fallen

The Hellscape
Hatred and spite have shaped this domain. A raging fireland where lava seems to always threaten to swallow the boiling hot stone, upon which old shrines and idols to demonic gods stand prominently, were it not for the massive amounts of battle damage already inflicted on them. The Hellscape is a test of both endurance and willpower, as the heat of this place will be sure to get to you before your first strike.
Example Hazards: Rupture, Spite Storm, Judgement of the Demon

The Plains
An idyllic grass landscape. Open fields, no trees, no rocks, no nothing. A dueling site where only your own skills is going to make the difference... Or so you think. The plains have been a frequent battlefield in ages past, and the blood that has been spilled here has tainted the soil... Now a corruption beneath waits his chance... His chance to be unleashed and consume those that fueled himself with bloodlust.
Example Hazards: Rain, Back-Up Call, Razor Winds

The Ruins
The remnants of a civilisation long gone, the Ruins are treacherous place. While long abandoned, the structures here are in horrible state, and could possible collapse with the slightest tremors. This, combined with series of ancients boobytraps, makes for a tricky battlefield.
Example Hazards: Statue Collapse, Building Collapse, District Collapse

The Skyfall
Nobody ever said all battles were fought on the ground. The Skyfall is a massive hailstorm of rubble and rocks, from small pebbles, to large rocks that are the size of an entire building. Tumbling down into the endless abyss, you are expected to be able to take down your opponent, before you are crushed under the falling rubble or burn up in the atmosphere.
Example Hazards: Collision, Fracture, Detonating Collision

The Underground
This place is not for the claustrophobic. The Underground consists of winding mazes of small tunnels and passages, aswell as a few large caverns. This combined with the already dark environment, make the few places where sunlight can break in through cracks and crevices critical... Would be a shame if something where to happen to them.
Example Hazards: Snake Bite, Roots of Shadow, Partial Collapse

The Wastes
If one wishes to destroy nature, there is no better way than to ruin an entire ecosystem, and tear down all life while at it. The Wastes have frequently been the target of nuclear tests, which leaves a radiation filled barren land in its wake. Now deserted, there is only one true worry here: Were the nuclear tests ever officially denounced?
Example Hazards: Mines, Sandstorm, Nuclear Missile Inbound

The Woods
Since the dawn of men, woods have been a tricky area to fight in. Be it with sword or gun, the shadowy woods provide both cover and shielding to those who know how to best use it, and more and more obstacles to those that don't. But both are aware, that when the full moon rises here, the battle takes a completely new turn.
Example Hazards: Falling Tree, Grasper Roots, Living Woods

Damian Steel (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Electrified Chainfists, Dual Pistols
Combat Style: Aggresive, Tactical

Sarah Steel
Weapons: Spiner Rifle, Martial Arts
Combat Style: Sniper

Grease
Now at The Cityscape
Weapons: Motorcycle, SMG, Crowbar
Combat Style: Hit and Run

Vedrin
Now at The Ruins
Weapons: Electrified Claws
Combat Style: Stealth and Ambush

Bor
Weapons: RPG Missile Launcher, Sledgehammer
Combat Style: Aggresive

Mephistroth (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Claws, Wings, Fire and Shadow Magic
Combat Style: Aggresive, Massive Beast

Hunger
Weapons: Mouths, Plague Magic
Combat Style: Cripple the enemy

Rage
Weapons: Fire Blade, Horns

Spite
Now at The Arcane
Weapons: Sickles, Shadow Magic

Sloth
Now at The Facility
Weapons: Shadow Magic, Illusion Magic
Combat Style: Long Range Assault

The Channeler (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Animal Spirits, Transformation
Combat Style: Varies

Fallion
Weapons: Falcon Animal Spirit, Twin Blades
Combat Style: Hit and Run, Flying

Urson
Now at The Woods
Weapons: Bear Animal Spirit

Cham
Weapons: Chameleon Animal Spirit, Whip, Blowpipe

Leo
Weapons: Lion Animal Spirit, Battle Axe
Combat Style: Aggresive, Tactical
Commander Thren (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Steel Arms, Twin Pistols
Combat Style: Aggresive, Cripple the enemy

The Mortar
Weapons: Explosives, Missile Launcher, Mines

Fhaze
Weapons: Phaseblades, Stealthsuit
Combat Style: Hit and Run, Stealth and Ambush

Arsenal
Weapons: Varies
Combat Style: Long Range Assault, Suppresion

Sergeant Horus
Weapons: Assault Rifle, Tank
Combat Style: Tank Commander
The Leviathan (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Multiple jaws, claws, water cutter beam
Combat Style: Aggresive, Massive Beast

Cerberus
Now at The Skyfall
Weapons: Claws, Burning Axe
Combat Style: Hit and Run, Aggresive

Kraken
Weapons: Tentacles, Spear

Chimera
Weapons: Flame Breath, Scorpion Tail, Sword

Medusa
Weapons: Bow and Arrow, Petrifying Gaze, Poison
Combat Style: Stealth and Ambush, Cripple the enemy
Crisis Suit Omega (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Missile Pods, Laser Cutters, Gatling Gun, Energy Blades, Jet Boosters
Combat Style: Varies, Tactical

Assault Suit Delta
Now at The Graveyard
Weapons: Gatling Gun, Laser Cutters, Energy Field

Combat Suit Epsilon
Weapons: Energy Blade, Force Field Generator, Jet Boosters, Tazer Launchers

Artillery Suit Omicron
Weapons: Missile Pods, Beam Cannon, Stealth Field, Targeting Cogitators

Aerial Suit Sigma
Now at The Hellscape
Weapons: Energy Blade, Automatic Energy Rifle, Jet Suit
Combat Style: Hit and Run, Flying
Twilight Warlord (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Shadow Blade, Light Blade
Combat Style: Aggresive, Cripple the enemy

The Stoneguard
Now at The Wastes
Weapons: Earth Claymore

Felicia
Now at The Arctic
Weapons: Air Scimitar
Combat Style: Hit and Run

Eruption
Weapons: Fire Blade

Glacion
Weapons: Ice Blade
The Chapter Master (BIG BOSS)
Weapons: Thunder Hammer, Combi-Flamer, Teleporter, Terminator Armor
Combat Style: Aggresive, Tactical, Space Marine

The Sternguard
Weapons: Boltgun, Grenades, Combat Blade
Combat Style: Long Range Assault, Cripple the enemy, Tactical, Space Marine

The Vanguard
Now at The Underground
Weapons: Power Sword, Storm Shield, Jump Pack
Combat Style: Aggresive, Tactical, Space Marine

The Terminator
Now at The Plains
Weapons: Power Fist, Assault Cannon, Terminator Armor
Combat Style: Varies, Tactical, Space Marine

The Devastator
Weapons: Heavy Bolter, Cybernetic Optics
Combat Style: Long Range Assault, Suppresion, Space Marine

Jacogos
08-05-2013, 06:56 AM
As if I would miss this.

You sneaky devil. Jacogos is officially your first interested player ^.^ (Who ever doubted that, though?) Questions: We must wait for said TtG thread before issuing challenges, yes? Are there any particular rules as far as character power levels or abilities go (for PCs, obviously)? Along the lines of that question, are there any restrictions?

Cfavano
08-05-2013, 04:12 PM
I think I'll be a part of this too. and actually Jaco, I was here first XD

E1Alpha
08-05-2013, 04:49 PM
As if I would miss this.

You sneaky devil. Jacogos is officially your first interested player ^.^ (Who ever doubted that, though?) Questions: We must wait for said TtG thread before issuing challenges, yes? Are there any particular rules as far as character power levels or abilities go (for PCs, obviously)? Along the lines of that question, are there any restrictions?

No restrictions. There's only one rule to participate: Be balanced.
If you meet that criteria, you're good.
If you're gonna show up with a "balanced" character, that has gamebreaker instant killing attacks, you can be sure I'll break the game before you can >:3

E1Alpha
08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Round 1 has begun (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47100)

La Volpe
08-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Hm... I'm going to have to make a new fighter just to compete in this! One who actually has ranged combat options! E1, I haven't interacted with you since SAO... It's been a long time friend. Expect to see me soon ;)

dakkagor
08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
OK, colour me interested. I'm thinking something high tech and fast, possibly something from one of my own universes I cooked up ages ago.

Or possibly one of my super heros. . .a chance to play someone from the 5 Star Universe would be cool, actually.

E1Alpha
08-14-2013, 08:40 PM
@La Volpe: Indeed it has, good chap. I'll look forward to the challenges you provide me :3 I was almost getting afraid that Duelist Dominion was going to slip into the pit of the unknown.

@Dakkagor: You can go with both if you like. Though they'll count as seperate entries in the ranked ladder, Jacogos and Cfavano have already been using multiple characters themselves.

Cfavano
08-14-2013, 09:13 PM
I think I'll put out a few more challenges too. I don't got much else going on.

Jacogos
08-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Jeez, poor E xD Hope you don't have too much on your plate, cause these guys will give you some. I think I'll put in one more next Round but that'll be it.

E1Alpha
08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Don't worry, Jaco. There's a reason I don't put time limits on these battles :P Both me and the players competing are allowed to take their leisure in posting... As long as they don't let the battle fall completely inactive, which will result in it being recycled like any other by yours truly.

But don't worry, Duelist Dominion is much less effort intensive than Realms of War.

Cfavano
08-14-2013, 11:30 PM
I don't go much else going on, which is why I challenged so much.

SO, you you accept my other two challenges?

E1Alpha
08-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Cf. You know what I think about being pushy. You already alerted me through VM (which is something I'm not too fond of being repeated so often), so I got the meme.
I was going to make the battle threads now before going to bed, but you really need to learn to be less pushy. For that, I'm gonna have you wait till tomorrow before I'll check your characters and make the battles.

I'm still the same GM as the one that hosted RoW. Keep that in mind.

Jacogos
08-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Ah yes... Leisure is good... xD

RisingPhoenix
08-15-2013, 04:20 AM
Soooo, I guess I'm in......... a new character I will produce just for this. :)

dakkagor
08-15-2013, 11:37 PM
My new character can be found here:

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39454&p=1610118&viewfull=1#post1610118

Cfavano
08-15-2013, 11:45 PM
I like your Blank better.

Jacogos
08-16-2013, 12:23 AM
I like your Blank better.

Well that's because you're biased and shallow, CF XD

Cfavano
08-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Is there something wrong with liking blanks?

Jacogos
08-16-2013, 12:35 AM
You and I both know of your rabid fascination with WH.

Cfavano
08-16-2013, 01:01 AM
your point being?

dakkagor
08-16-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm not posting this for your benefit Cfavano.

E1Alpha
08-16-2013, 10:36 AM
*cracks whip* Calm down, boys. Calm down.
We don't want anyone to get banned from participating in Duelist Dominion, do we?

Jacogos
08-16-2013, 06:16 PM
What about Kris? We cant have her eating the competition you know.

E1Alpha
08-17-2013, 10:30 AM
The day Kris joins this... Imma put on my hardcore boots...

Cfavano
08-17-2013, 01:23 PM
i'll invite her!

Jacogos
08-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Pssshhh she'd be more likely to accept the offer from me, but likely she's still busy with her modding and UKC. Hmm. I'll have to see if that's still going on ...

Also, CF, I have to point out that I'm rather impressed with your characterization of Gresh. Not the kind of person I ever thought I'd see you play. On the other hand, you should probably work on keeping the fight balanced and take some hits now and again xD just a thought ;)

Salroka
08-17-2013, 08:02 PM
So... Jacogos brought me here. He and I are fighting right now in another thread and having a frigging blast, so I figure he knows what's what when it comes to RP Character Combat and Arena threads.

Nearly all my characters are now in the Character Bonanza, located in my sig. Some are still incoming, of course... but most are there. Nearly all of them are combat-based. Have a look and let me know which ones seem interesting to you.

Cfavano
08-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Pssshhh she'd be more likely to accept the offer from me, but likely she's still busy with her modding and UKC. Hmm. I'll have to see if that's still going on ...

Also, CF, I have to point out that I'm rather impressed with your characterization of Gresh. Not the kind of person I ever thought I'd see you play. On the other hand, you should probably work on keeping the fight balanced and take some hits now and again xD just a thought ;)

Well, Gresh is one of my 'nice' characters. He's a Neutral Good Githzerai Monk. So, I tried to get into that mindset.

And I try! I took a couple of hits in my fight with Sam. Gresh is just an agile fighter, and he has like, no armor. So, 'a few hits' could very likely kill him.

E1Alpha
08-17-2013, 10:58 PM
So... Jacogos brought me here. He and I are fighting right now in another thread and having a frigging blast, so I figure he knows what's what when it comes to RP Character Combat and Arena threads.

Nearly all my characters are now in the Character Bonanza, located in my sig. Some are still incoming, of course... but most are there. Nearly all of them are combat-based. Have a look and let me know which ones seem interesting to you.

Well, glad Jacogos is already recruiting for Duelist Dominion :P
However, you know your characters best, so instead of having me look through them, I'd say you pick which character(s) you'd like to challenge one of my characters with.

Cfavano
08-17-2013, 11:02 PM
And I invited kris.

E1, can I get the judging for my battle, like in ROW?

Jacogos
08-17-2013, 11:50 PM
That'd really just be asking his opinion of how you did more than a 'judging' as far as I can tell, CF xD If you want opinions, I'll give you plenty if you want ;P

Cfavano
08-17-2013, 11:53 PM
sure, why not.

Jacogos
08-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Which one you concerned about?

Cfavano
08-18-2013, 12:47 AM
the only one that ended?

Jacogos
08-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Mmmkay. *peruses once more to see if I forgot anything*

What mostly sets me off is that you really did ignore the biggest factor of that stage: the cold. I can understand someone training in the cold for extended periods becoming 'used' to it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still affect them. Particularly someone who doesn't wear padded clothing and is as thin as him. I could forgive it for the first few posts, when it was all just wind-chill, but especially after he was dunked the first time in posts 11-12, he should've felt the cold a lot more than passingly.

Then, I spot something that interests me a lot: when you finally do mention the cold, its when he's healing himself. Now, understandably, I can see a monk having some sort of ability that would allow him to channel energy into himself to heal, its something that seems to go with the class. But your CS just says 'minor wounds'. I don't really feel like you can keep the sheet saying that and allow it to warm the body up as well when its hypothermic. That might seem like nit-picking, but I'm quite a stickler for characters keeping to what their sheet says. Hell, I do it to myself all the time, double-checking my own sheet to make sure I wrote something a certain way that might allow me to play with the interpretation. If not, I'll just go with what it says. The point is, I don't really think that Gresh should've been able to just ignore the cold for that amount of time. This might have been a few sentences too long an explanation xDxD

Anywho, other than that, there were no glaring atrocities. As I said, allowing yourself to take more damage in certain spots would make the fight more believable, even if it would logically lower your chances of winning. Your Post 22 is an example of this; I can hardly believe that Gresh would just take a flesh wound from that set-up Felicia had in Post 21.

Anyway, this is all just me and my opinions ^.^ Hope that helped a little.

Cfavano
08-18-2013, 01:20 AM
well, I do see your point. I will try to do better. Though, the elemental chaos is a really tough place to live XD

Salroka
08-18-2013, 07:21 AM
Well, glad Jacogos is already recruiting for Duelist Dominion :P
However, you know your characters best, so instead of having me look through them, I'd say you pick which character(s) you'd like to challenge one of my characters with.

That's the problem. Most of them are unbloodied and I have not used the in combat. Either because the RPs they were in died, or never even got off the ground. So I never got to test them in combat situations. So in a sense, I don't know too many of them that well.

Though if I had to pick one right now it would probably be either Kirugetsu or Yukihiro. They're both powerful, but fairly balanced, IMO. Maybe Carla. But Ishika is rather overpowered, but most high-level Uchiha are. Kristjan's abilities are hard to regulate against non-NPCs, same with Victoria. Cathak Talon is unfinished and needs a bunch of hyperlinks done. Kotoro's abilities are too easily manipulated.

So I guess it's a choice between the three. I don't want to run three characters.

E1Alpha
08-18-2013, 11:18 AM
So I guess it's a choice between the three. I don't want to run three characters.

Thank goodness for that. Too many characters under the same player gets a bit boring on my part. No offense, Cf.

Anywho. You're free to test your characters against mine anyhow. If the character you put up is unbalanced in my eyes, I'll be sure to tell you. There's also no penalty for losing, so if you find a character is not truly fit for battle, there's no damage done.

Salroka
08-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Challenge offered. Do let me know if you would prefer someone other than my chosen character. I don't like making people uncomfortable.

DoughGuy
08-21-2013, 12:05 PM
SO call me a newb but (with a RP recently ending) I have time for this and was wondering where do I post my chars, just in the barracks?
I'm also very tired so not in the mood to read/may have missed it when I was glancing over stuff.

Jacogos
08-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Yeah, set up a Barracks thread for your dudes and you're set. :)

Bee Bear
08-21-2013, 07:57 PM
This looks awesome. I think I'll be giving it a shot too. C:

Jacogos
08-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Woah, we snagged bee AND dough? This just got interesting

Bee Bear
08-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Apparently Dough and I (independently) decided to join this within a day of each other.

Weird shit. XD

Cfavano
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Birds of a feather.

DoughGuy
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Its true XD

Also you should totally feel honoured we're both here :3

Jacogos
08-21-2013, 10:25 PM
The honor is all yours ;)

E1Alpha
08-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Two of my mod companions to slaughter? Must be my birthday! <3

Bee Bear
08-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Oh, you. ;giggle;

Can't wait for our battle!

May the best harpy win. ;)

Jacogos
08-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Happy birthday E :D

E1Alpha
09-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm starting to feel that I don't deserve being nominated for the most dedicated GM D:
Everyone, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to dedicate enough time and inspiration to regularly post in so many battles anymore.
College is truly starting to get the better of me, and it's only going to get worse from here on. I'm gonna hang up my GM cape in general for now and just join a few RPs here and there.

Sorry, guys. But time is not being friendly to me at all lately.

Cfavano
09-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Well, at least I won one fight!

Jacogos
09-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Well shucks. Sorry to hear that E :(

Salroka
09-07-2013, 05:31 AM
It's understandable. No hard feelings. Twas a blast while it lasted.

Bee Bear
09-10-2013, 09:15 AM
It sure was fun, and this is a crying shame, but we understand.