PDA

View Full Version : [M] Pokemon: Journey of Survival

Pages : [1] 2 3

Auki
06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
[M] Pokemon: Journey of Survival:

Rated [M] for possible violence, gore, sexual tension amongst other things

Read the rules before deciding this roleplay is for you! I expect certain standards of writing that must be met.

You are a teenager from the Kanto region, living in a small town just outside of Vermilion City. Once every four years, a group of potential trainers are gathered and given their first Pokemon, allowing them to journey forth into the world. Some hope to gain enough badges to be able to compete in the regional Pokemon League, some dream of being world famous breeders.

Why must you be in a group, you ask? Because the wild Pokemon have been getting aggressive of late – It is not rare to hear of the reckless explorer meeting an early end once stumbling on a enraged Onix.

You will be introduced to your options of Starter Pokemon at the town’s Pokemon Centre, as well as having the chance to meet your future travelling companions. It is recommended that you grow accustomed to your new Pokemon before you try to brave the wild.

And remember, try to stay out of the long grass.

----

Your Pokemon:

How to level up / evolve your Pokemon:

You will notice there is a section on the character sheet available to post information on your Pokemon. This section will need to be kept updated throughout the entire roleplay. All starter pokemon begin the game at ‘Level 5’. The levels of wild Pokemon you catch will be told to you once you’ve captured them.

The higher the level of the Pokemon, the stronger they are and the better they are able to fight. Also, when you reach a high enough level and I consider your Pokemon experienced enough, I will tell you they are ready for evolution. Whether you decide to wait until an opportune moment for evolution to make for a dramatic scene or whether you want to rush and get it done as soon as possible is up to you.

As for levelling itself, every so often you will be informed of how many levels each of your Pokemon has been raised in ‘Update Report’s given by me. Take note; If you go on a power-hungry streak and own a load of wild Pokemon, this will not give you a load of experience. Realistic and interesting roleplaying is more likely to get you higher up - It is more beneficial to the team of writers as a whole as well as a better basis for giving your Pokemon experience.

How to teach your Pokemon new moves:

There is no ‘four moves’ limit within this universe. However, if you fail to use a move in battling for a long time, your Pokemon will become less competent at that move. In addition, trying to get your Pokemon to master a lot of moves will result in each move being less powerful, as well as a decrease of that Pokemon’s heart gauge.

When you learn new moves does not correspond to your level exactly as it does in the games. I will inform you of any new moves your Pokemon may have picked up in the ‘Update Report’s.

As you progress, you may be offered a TM move for a Pokemon as a reward.

How to alter the heart gauge of a Pokemon:

Examples of how to decrease the Heart Gauge:

+ Sending the Pokemon into fights it cannot win
+ Over-working the Pokemon
+ Harming the Pokemon or being inconsiderate to its weaknesses (e.g. bringing a fire Pokemon out in the rain unnecessarily.)
+ Overloading the Pokemon with moves
+ Abandoning another of your Pokemon

Examples of how to increase the Heart Gauge:

+ Fighting well and regularly with the Pokemon (Although not necessarily winning the battle)
+ Taking good care of your Pokemon
+ Releasing it from its Pokeball regularly

Battling:

How to Battle:

All opponents, unless it is another player, will be played by me. I will overlook all Pokemon Battles and resolve all disputes. This game is not about winning the first time round or being the strongest. It is about survival, character interactions and most importantly, the journey to improve oneself. No one likes the player who wins all his battles – A mix of wins and losses produces the best roleplay material.

There will be no god-modding allowed and I highly encourage the use of co-ops when battling (If you are unsure how to do a co-op, PM me for more information). God-modding and power playing will be taken very seriously and dealt with harshly, as it is highly unfair on other players. It also won’t get you very far – Winning all your battles is not the quickest way to make your Pokemon strong in this roleplay.

Whilst one player is battling, other players are free to interact with each other, watch the battle or perhaps bring their Pokemon out to watch the fight and gain experience from it.

Pokemon Deaths:

Yes, Pokemon can die, through a variety of methods.
Firstly, if you send a Pokemon against one that is far too strong, the opponent may well be able to kill your Pokemon.
Secondly, if the environment poses a fatal hazard to your Pokemon, they will die.
Thirdly, other trainers may not stop the battle after your Pokemon has fainted, in which the Pokemon will be in danger of dying, if it loses more health. (Note that continuing a battle after the Pokemon is unconscious is extremely illegal.)
There are more ways to ensure your Pokemon’s death but they are generally common sense.

Wild Pokemon battles:

I will announce Wild Pokemon encounters either in the OOC or in a GM non-character post. These may be random or they may be initiated by a player running into a Pokemon-infested area. These Pokemon will be controlled by me, not you.

You can request in the OOC for your character to battle a particular Pokemon that pops up. If more than one person wants to battle the Pokemon, I will use a fair system to decide who gets to go against it. You may want to hold an in-character argument over it within the IC but in the end, the person I say will get to fight the Pokemon.

Trainer battles:

At random points along the journey, trainers may ask you for battles. They may open up the request to the entire group or request one trainer in particular. Sometimes, you will be asked for double battles. All opponent trainers will be controlled by me, not you.

If the request is opened to the entire group, an OOC discussion can take place deciding who wants to go for it. If more than one person wants to battle the trainer, I will use a fair system to decide who gets to do it.

Catching ‘em all:

Pokeballs:

Pokeballs can be purchased from most cities. View the ‘Money’ section to learn more about purchasing items. The make of a Pokeball will have an effect on its catch rate.

Throwing a Pokeball at a strong and healthy Pokemon may result in the item being broken to pieces so be warned.

Finding Pokemon to catch / Choosing which player gets what Pokemon:

As stated before, I will announce Wild Pokemon encounters either in the OOC or in a GM non-character post. These may be random or they may be initiated by a trainer running into a Pokemon infested area. These Pokemon will be controlled by me, not you.

You can request in the OOC for your character to battle a particular Pokemon that pops up. If more than one person wants to battle/capture the Pokemon, I will use a fair system to decide who gets to go against it.

Battling with the aim to catch the Pokemon:

Do not assume when you throw a Pokeball that you will be able to catch it.

Once you have got to a point in a post in which you are attempting to capture the Pokemon, you need to PM me the post. I will read through it and decide whether I think your attempt will be successful, PMing you back my response. Do not be offended if I say the attempt fails.

Weakened Pokemon or those with status problems will be easier to catch. Pokemon who want to be captured will also be easier to catch.

When you’ve caught six Pokemon:

Once you’ve caught six Pokemon, you cannot capture anymore.
Yep, that’s right. There is no magical computer system for you to store your Pokemon in; what you’re holding is what you’ve got… And the maximum is six.
If you want to release one of your Pokemon you are free to do so, however doing so will knock 1 point off each Pokemon in your team’s Heart Gauge. You cannot release a Pokemon just before a Wild Pokemon Encounter or Trainer Battle. You can only release a Pokemon in the wild, not in a city.

The Roleplaying Aspect:

The Two Parts to the Roleplay:

Time on the Road / In the Wild:

+ Pokemon Encounters
+ Trainer Battles
+ Exploration
+ Adventures

Time in the Cities:

+ Gym battles
+ Trainer Battles
+ Shopping Opportunities
+ Further Character Interaction

Money/Shopping:

You must keep your character sheet up to date concerning your inventory.

Upon entering a city, we will have a short cut-scene in the OOC, in which your character will get a chance to shop. I will state the amount of money you each have to spend and what is available to buy. Once you have purchased items, you cannot purchase items again whilst in that city, even if you don’t spend all your money the first time. Anything you buy will be added to your inventory and can be used at a later date.

If you do not use all the money you are given, you cannot carry that money over to the next city. Everyone is given the same amount to spend upon entering each city, to be spent in that city, regardless of how much they spent in the last cities.

Character Sheet:

Trainer:

Name: (Keep them normal; basically make them real world names. In addition, no abusing Japanese names – In fact, avoid them as much as possible.)
Age: (Keep all ages above 17. I know that in the game you’re much younger, but with the setting of this roleplay, parents realised sending their youngsters out travelling by themselves was just stupid.)

Appearance: (No anime or drawn pictures. Photos only please. If you want to do a description, it better be descriptive.)

Personality: (Don’t feel like you have to reveal your entire character here. A few well-written sentences to describe the basics will do just fine. On the other hand, feel free to write paragraphs and paragraphs; I won’t stop you.)

Reason for going on the Journey: (Do you want to challenge the Pokemon League? Maybe you want to be a Breeder? A photographer perhaps? Basically, choose your Pokemon speciality.)

Inventory: (Leave this blank for the moment. Once your character has been accepted, you will be PMed telling you the items you have in your inventory.)

Pokemon: (Leave this blank until the rest of your character sheet has been approved. After approval, you will be able to pick your starter Pokemon.)

Available Starter Pokemon (Those striked-through have been taken):

+ Nidoran
Type: Poison
Ability: Rivalry
Level: 5
Moveset: Growl, Scratch, Charm
Heart Gauge: 1

+ Nidoran
Ability: Poison Point
Moveset: Leer, Peck, Focus Energy
Heart Gauge: -1

+ Zubat
Type: Poison/Flying
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Leech Life, Quick Attack, Astonish

+ Bellsprout
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset: Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap

+ Krabby
Type: Water
Ability: Shell Armour
Moveset: Bubble, Mud Sport, Leer
Heart Gauge: 0

+ Magikarp
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Tackle
Heart Gauge: 5

+ Hoothoot
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Insomnia
Moveset: Foresight, Growl, Mirror Move

+ Mareep
Type: Electric
Ability: Static
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Sand-attack

+ Eevee
Type: Normal
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Tail Whip, Endure, Tackle

+ Numel
Type: Fire/Ground
Ability: Oblivious
Moveset: Growl, Scary Face, Defence Curl

+ Geodude
Type: Rock/Ground
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset: Defence Curl, Block, Tackle, Self-Destruct

+ Slugma
Type: Fire
Ability: Flame Body
Moveset: Smog, Acid Armour, Smoke Screen
Heart Gauge: -3

+ Magnemite
Type: Electric/Steel
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moveset: Metal Sound, Tackle, Flash

+ Swinub
Type: Ice/Ground
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moveset: Tackle, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap

+ Hoppip
Type: Grass/Flying
Ability: Leaf Guard
Moveset: Tackle, Poison Powder, Helping Hand
Heart Gauge: 2

+ Murkrow
Type: Dark/Flying
Moveset: Astonish, Peck, Confuse Ray
Heart Gauge: -4

+ Machop
Type: Fighting
Ability: Guts
Moveset: Leer, Foresight, Low Kick

Rules:

+ Rules are not here for fun, they are here to be read. I say this because I know some people will be tempted to skim-read and I urge you not to.

+ Standard RPA rules apply.

+ Importantly, I expect literate role-players. This includes about five paragraphs per post, plus correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. I won’t kill you if you make the occasional mistake but I certainly encourage the use of a spell-checker. A paragraph should be a minimum of five sentences. If you cannot reach this standard, you will be politely asked to leave – I am not meaning to be rude doing this.

+ No god-modding. No power playing. No near-perfect characters. No unrealistically talented or powerful characters. No winning every battle without ever losing. I think you get the point.

+ When creating your characters, skim over other people’s and try to provide variety. It’s not as fun if everyone has similar personalities or appearances.

+ Don’t kill other people’s characters without permission and please accept that your character and Pokemon might die later in the RP. For the most part, this will only occur with your consent or if you’re inactive.

+ Ensure you are active. If you plan to go away for a while, it’s important you warn me first

+ Realistic romance is allowed. Although I encourage romance, I don’t want any perfect love stories. Of course, the characters can have crushes and fall in love, but there should also be complications and the occasional heartbreak.

+ One character per person

+ Suggestions to plot development are always welcome.

+ If you have any questions about the roleplay, feel free to ask

Auki
06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Reserved for Character Roster

Auki - Alesha Miller (Mareep) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=243772&postcount=3)

TheDashingRogue - Valeri Kamensky (Magikarp) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=243777&postcount=5)

Joshgro-Grahz - Josh Schultz (Nidoran [M]) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=243781&postcount=7)

Gunnison - Nikolai Bykowski (Magnemite) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=243795&postcount=12)

Shepherd - Mark Taris (Eevee) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=243848&postcount=17)

Falcon Red - Sol Straight (Machop) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=243851&postcount=18)

Spirits Breath - Kyle Colgrove (Nidoran [F]) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=244161&postcount=23)

Insanity - Mason Doars (Numel) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=244492&postcount=51)

Sir Inkalot - Victor Kuramori (Murkrow) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=244639&postcount=53)

Lake - Ishmael Kundar (Krabby) (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=245312&postcount=81)

Almost_Blue - Emma LeBryce (Bellsprout) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=244436&postcount=50)

Cheshire - Pace Alexander (Zubat) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=246134&postcount=124)

Familiar - Jonathan Saewald (Hoothoot) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=247117&postcount=159)

LurkerGuy - Jacob Clayton (Swinub) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=250938&postcount=191)

Bravado - Derek Harris (Slugma) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=254971&postcount=260)

Kebert Xela - Kimberly Orvis (Hoppip) (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=257926&postcount=302)

Auki
06-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Trainer:

Name: Alesha Miller

Appearance:

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/photos_large/2008/03/15/amber_heard_1.jpg
+ 5' 6"

Personality: Alesha has no common sense in everyday situations and an intelligence only slightly above average. She tends to disagree with opinions that aren’t her own but likes to comply on the surface to avoid arguments. She is too lazy for stubbornness unless she feels the situation is urgent. The only thing to keep her interest has been Pokemon and she is eager to start her journey with her first one soon. She is not a cruel girl, nor is she intentionally mean, but she can accidentally speak her mind when she is not paying her full attention. When bored, she can get reckless and will go looking for an adventure.

Reason for going on the Journey: Hopes to gain enough badges that she can complete in the dual-regional Pokemon League for Kanto and Johto, fighting against trainers who have gained eight badges from gyms in either of the regions, before moving on to fighting the Elite Four. Although she wants to battle the Elite Four, she has no intention of trying to become the Pokemon Champion.

Inventory:

2 x Pokeballs
2 x Potions
1 x Paralyze Heal
2 x Antidote

Pokemon:

+ Mareep
Type: Electric
Ability: Static
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Sand-attack

Gunnison
06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
What does the heart guage signify? (apologies if you have already said)

TheDashingRogue
06-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Name: Valeri Kamensky

Appearance: http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Premiere+Paris+Je+Taime+Paris+Theatre+HkpG0Uu7Pwml .jpg

Personality: Valeri had, like most children, suffered at the hands of bullies and was victimised due to his accent and foreign origins. As a result he withdrew, largely, from social circles and entered a spiral of social seclusion that worsened with age. After various therapy groups and self-help classes, no clear solution could be found to his lack of confidence and timidness. His father had persuaded him that the best way to face your problems is directly, and that a pro-active and sociable life, no matter how hard at the beginning, was key to achieving success. As a result his confidence is increasing, yet he lacks complete social familiarity. He is, however, very sincere and caring when interacting with others and is largely quite a peaceful individual.

Reason for going on the Journey: Self-improvement, the hope that training and developing a powerful Pokemon will improve his own confidence. Left his home to seek something greater in life than just reading books and watching television - he has not given much thought to the culture shock that he will no doubt encounter.

Inventory: Blank

Pokemon:

+ Magikarp
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Tackle
Heart Gauge: 5

Auki
06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
The Heart Gauge specifies how friendly the pokemon is towards you.
A negative number indicates aggressiveness or hositility.
Zero indicates indifference.
A postive number indicates friendliness and affection.
A high Heart Gauge can have many benefits.

@Dashing:

Personality: (Don’t feel like you have to reveal your entire character here. A few well-written sentences to describe the basics will do just fine. On the other hand, feel free to write paragraphs and paragraphs; I won’t stop you.)

Sentences make Auki happy. Indeed they do xD

Dr. Dream
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Trainer:
Name: Josh Schultz

Appearance:
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5500000/SODAPOP-CURTIS-the-outsiders-5590591-362-529.jpg

Personality: Josh has always been a very nice young man with great humour, Josh is very respectful of others and is always willing to help others out. Josh is always willing to meet new people and make new friends, he always tries to have in most situations. He loves to socialize with others and rarely is alone, mainly because when he is not with others he gets extremely bored. Josh rarely gets angry but when he does he usually does things he regrets.

Reason for going on the Journey: Josh has always wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, and he has always wanted to explore the world, one of his many dreams was one day becoming a Pokemon breeder but he does not see that happening.

Inventory: Pack Number 6:

1 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
2 x Antidotes
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Escape Rope
Pokemon:

+ Nidoran
Ability: Poison Point
Moveset: Leer, Peck, Focus Energy

Gunnison
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Does the heart gauge change over time with positive care of the pokemon?

TheDashingRogue
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Haha, sorry, thought I could hide a little bit more than that. It does look lazy come to think of it, I just didn't want to give too much away.

*Proceeds to write very vague and drawn out sentences* ;)

TheDashingRogue
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Fixed :aweme:

Dr. Dream
06-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I added more to my personality.

Gunnison
06-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Trainer:

Name: Nikolai Bykowski

Appearance: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6835/95367042.gif

Personality: Nikolai is a good hearted young man who has a strong sense of duty and goodwill. Despite this positive attitude towards helping others, Nikolai has something of a superiority complex and he often sees himself as superior to most of the people he meets. This superiority is not as evident as Nikolai would like to believe in some cases however. Of course, Nikolai knows not to express this belief openly, being instead more modest in his approach to things. Polite and well mannared, Nikolai is rarely brash and is more self controlled than some, preferring to think and plan instead of acting on impulse.

Reason for going on the Journey: Nikolai has always been encapivated by what makes pokemon tick. Some pokemon are primitive and brutal, whereas others show remarkable intelligence, sometimes rivalling that of humans. It is Nikolai's quest to discover more about the psyche of the various pokemon, how they act differently to other species, how they interact with humans and what emotions they show.

Inventory: (Leave this blank for the moment. Once your character has been accepted, you will be PMed telling you the items you have in your inventory.)

Pokemon:

+ Magnemite
Type: Electric/Steel
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moveset: Metal Sound, Tackle, Flash

Falcon Red
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
"(Keep all ages above 17. I know that in the game you’re much younger, but with the setting of this roleplay, parents realised sending their youngsters out travelling by themselves was just stupid.)"

Bout time!!!

TheDashingRogue
06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
"Hey there Timmy, I know you're only 10 and all, but it's about time you set off on your own into the wilderness. Yes you'll be up against overly-aggresive strangers, ferocious wild animals and terrorists but it's OK. Because I got you this oversized electric hamster..."

Gunnison
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Not to mention they leave you with no way of communicating with your folks. At all.

Falcon Red
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
"Hey there Timmy, I know you're only 10 and all, but it's about time you set off on your own into the wilderness. Yes you'll be up against overly-aggresive strangers, ferocious wild animals and terrorists but it's OK. Because I got you this oversized electric hamster..." -DashingRogue

My name is Ash you ass!

haha ;)

Shepherd
06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Name: Mark Taris

Appearance: http://www.crookedmonkey.com/images/Give-Peace-a-shot-guys-Crooked-monkey-t-shirt-300-faraway.jpg

Personality: Kind, outgoing, and gregarious, Mark always enjoys being around people and Pokemon. He is very down to earth and a tad lazy. He is very loyal to his family and friends, but holds on to grudges with just as much ferocity. While he's very social, he tends to prefer more up-beat topics of conversation and gets uncomfortable when talking about things like feelings or deep topics of conversation. He is rather bright though doesn't usually display his intellect unless its required.

Reason for going on the Journey: Mark has always loved Pokemon and wants to be a doctor helping both people and Pokemon in his practice. He is using this opportunity to travel the world learning all he can about the medical practices of both people and Pokemon, as well as a Pokemon's habitat, personality and how best to treat them in the wild.

Inventory:
2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Repel

Pokemon:

+ Eevee
Type: Normal
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Tail Whip, Endure, Tackle
Heart Gauge: 2

Falcon Red
06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Trainer:

Name: Sol Straight

Appearance: (NOTE: This does not reflect his attitude at all, just what he looks like haha)
http://www.design.md/_files/1165-photo_07-08-02_4925_kostea.jpg

Personality: Sol has always been a hard worker, enjoying being able to work with his hands on everyday jobs, for instance chopping firewood, building furniture, fixing up the house, or the local kids toys. He tends to be on the quiet side, in his own little world, but when he kicks back to relax is a definite pleasure to have a round. His biggest pet peeve is laziness, if you’re given a job and you don’t do it, or do it will, Sol will politely pick up your job, and get it done to satisfaction. Many people take advantage of this, but he doesn’t mind, he just becomes the happy and well rounded one while the other is only hurting them from the experience.

Reason for going on the Journey: Though Sol enjoys his time with people, he enjoys time alone as well. A lot of the work he did at home was in solitude. He always wanted to travel, to meet new people and find what work he could do to help whoever needed it and he saw this as his chance. Pokemon has always been a side interest, so loyal, true friends if you treat them right and meet their needs.

Inventory:

Pack Number 2:
2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal

Pokemon:

+ Machop (AKA Mach, pronounced Mok)
Type: Fighting
Ability: Guts
Level: 6
Moveset: Leer, Foresight, Low Kick

Shepherd
06-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Damn Falcon, and here I was trying to find pictures of guys who *weren't* ridiculously hot, lol.

Falcon Red
06-23-2010, 11:39 PM
lol i was just tryin to find someone who looked like they could fit the bill lmao, i actually wasn't looking at their faces haha

Shepherd
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
who said I was looking at his face ;-)

Falcon Red
06-23-2010, 11:43 PM
lmao, true, he is pretty beastly

i just have problem finding pictures so he was the first one i found that worked and so i made him Sol lol

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Name: Kyle Colgrove

Appearance:

He has a short faded haircut, going from one centimeter by his ears to an inch on the top of his head. hbis ears are of normal size and earllobes are attached. On his face lies two blue eyes, a normal caucasian nose and about inch and a half wide lips(hard to tell) He has a full beard, only the light few day without shaving beard.(guys, you know what I am talking about)
His build is small, weighing in at 116 pounds and standing 5' 7''. He has an athletic build and is flexible due to a past with several years of wrestling. He has a few small streatch marks on his skin to show that,and 8 scars on his hands 6 of them on his right, though that would go with only two of them visible behind his black gloves he always wears. The fingertips are exposed att he middle knuckle, only serving a role of comfort. These are uausally clean as he knows how dirty they can get ina short time.
his skin is usually always soft for some odd reason, and is pretty much acne free.

Personality: While one to keep to his values instilled apon school and family. while normaly calm, when something clicks to get him mad, he holds it for a while, usually punching a locker or a tree. while one who beats herself up in more ways than one, he can usually contain herself unless ticked off. however he is a quite trustworth figure, and would rather lose a limb or two to save a friend in need. Quite confedent in his appearence.
he enjoys sports, he defends his close friends(and pokemon) and is also one to fight with them at times as he can't just sit out and watch them get hurt. he always seems to be a merry person unless things aren't going good so far that day. he usually shows his emotions, but can also hide them quite well.
shineys are good and their are cute pokemon that just need a hug.

Reason for going on the Journey: to be a pokemon coordinator and breeder.
Plus after being fed up and lonely all the time at his house with nothing else besides running, biking, listening to music , and his computer. He got bored and leaft the house. (sorry, in a mature thread, a pokemon breeder just sounds like it could be disturbing)

Inventory:
1 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
2 x Burn Heal
1 x Revive
1 x Escape Rope

Pokemon:

+ Nidoran
Ability: Rivalry
Moveset: Growl, Scratch, Charm
Heart Gauge: 4

+ Metapod
Type: Bug
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 12
Moveset: Harden

(there ya go, i made me. and now to wait. and further attempt to not add a hundred ='s to sentences because my new netbook is different than my computers keyboard. smaller.)

Auki
06-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Right, I’m awake again. Sorry for the delay.

@Gunnison: Yes. If you look in the ‘Your Pokemon’ section, the last point shows you examples of how to change your Pokemon’s heart gauge.

Regardless, your Character sheets all comply with the rules so…

Dashing, Josh, Gunnison, Shepherd, Falcon and Spirits, do you agree to follow the rules already set? To remain active, follow the minimum expected writing standards and respect my word as GM?

If your answer is yes, then please post the Starter Pokemon you would like to take with you on your journey~ C:

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 05:07 AM
I agree, and I would like Machop please =]

Auki
06-24-2010, 05:08 AM
Awesome~
He's all yours. Just take note of his Heart Gauge level - He'll be aggressive and disobedient so please remember to play him as such x)

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 05:09 AM
of course, one of the reasons I chose him ;)

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Fine by me, and I would like eevee please, also it seems numel doesn't have any moves that do damage

Auki
06-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Oh, I know that - Evil, aren't I?

And the eevee is yours - Please be aware that it won't be evolving for one heck of a long time however.

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm aware, I just like having the option to change it into something I don't have later depending on my roster. I'm planning ahead. Plus its the only one on the list that appears even remotely cute, and me and my char are shallow.

Auki
06-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Male Nidorans are adorable! Not exactly cuddly though I guess...
And I'm glad you understand - I was worried the Eevee trainer would start getting impatient when everyone else's Pokemon started evolving before them.

I've updated both your character sheets with your Pokemon. I'll PM you what items you have after I've returned from school x)

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Yes I do - and Magikarp please.

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Can I name my Magikarp? :aweme:

Auki
06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Hah, of course - You got the friendliest Pokemon there~

And yes, yes, but not now.
I'm worried what you have in mind for a name though..

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Mr Fish.

Auki
06-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I love it.

Gunnison
06-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Ahh dammit, my fav pokemon was chosen. Hrm, what else to choose....

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 06:51 AM
how are battles gonna work? more like the anime I assume where even though its turn based style combat we tell out pokemon to try and dodge or charge it and what not

Auki
06-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Hah, well, there might be a chance to catch a wild one at a later date - You never know x)

And yes, we are leaning more towards the anime than the game when battling. Whilst battling, I heavily encourage the use of co-ops to keep the flow right.

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 06:56 AM
I am assuming a co-op is when two or more of us battle at the same time

John
06-24-2010, 07:04 AM
By request of the fabulous Auki, I'm jumping in to explain what a co op is. A co op post is a post written by two or more authors, the easiest way to accomplish this is through the use of PM.

Basically, player one might want to have a dialogue or a battle wiht another character. Now instead of doing ten posts to have a conversation or a fight, player one would ask player two to do a co op. Once agreed upon, player one would then start his post normally, putting a cue for player two and then pming player two the post, player two would write their response and pm it back. And so on, and so on....

It really is a great posting method. It allows battles and dialogue to progress naturally, makes the RP read more like a book, and cuts down on endless posts form a couple of players engaged in battle or dialogue.

Okay, hope that helps. XD

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
ah... never done that... ever, this should be interesting

Auki
06-24-2010, 07:09 AM
You'll see how fabulously useful it is once we start doing them and the process will also make a lot more sense with practice.

Many thanks to the incredible Naz for his wonderful explanation as well~

John
06-24-2010, 07:10 AM
If this helps, here is an example of a co op post. http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=233164&postcount=77

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 07:11 AM
It's a good method of limiting the delay in a Rp, where everyone else is waiting for you to finish your interaction.

John
06-24-2010, 07:16 AM
It's a good method of limiting the delay in a Rp, where everyone else is waiting for you to finish your interaction.

Can also increase it, if you are waiting for a post. Can make em take a few days to write due to time zones and whatnot. Anyway guys, have fun. By the way, I would have joined, but since I can't have Pikachu.... XD

Auki
06-24-2010, 07:21 AM
As long as everyone is as active as possible, then it should work for the better.
Should be fun to write as well~

Gunnison
06-24-2010, 07:31 AM
May I have Magnemite?

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/comics/2010-04-19.jpg

These are the reasons for my choices ;)

Almost_Blue
06-24-2010, 10:35 AM
[If I can't use SL for my photo source.. then god damnit, I'm changing the gender, and making her look like Gwen Stefani xD]

Trainer:

Name: Emma LeBryce

Appearance:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/Demme991/gwen-stefani.jpg

Personality: Emma basically tries to live life to her fullest extent, enjoying what's around her, rather than worrying about everything.. [ Unless of course it can't be helped. ]
She takes great pride in her appearance, but doesn't let it control most of her time, though always managing to "look petty" [Her words]
She's fairly socially anxious, mainly due to the fact that she spent most of her time alone, becoming mentally powerful.
She's a great, logical thinker, always making sure she's doing the 'right' thing.
Emma is also quite the stoner. And although she doesn't care if anyone knows she smokes it, she'll still further herself from the group while she does it, making sure it's a perfect time, so not to be a hindrance.
[If you don't want 'drug' usage Auki, that's fine xD let me know though please.]

Reason for going on the Journey: Emma wants to experience the full effect of responsibility and companionship. She figures It would help further her goal for living life to the fullest.
Taking on such a task as buying his own food, looking out for the rest of the group (rather than herself for a change), and basically surviving out on her own, is a feature not many get to experience, but knows for a fact there are little to no regrets to the whole situation.
She looks forward to beating her social anxiety, and meeting countless numbers of new people.

Inventory:
1 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Awakening
1 x Revive

Pokemon:
+ Bellsprout
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset: Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap

Insanity
06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Name: Mason Doars

Appearance: http://heritage-key.com/HKimages/002/noltland_face.jpg

Personality: mason is a little bit goofy at times, because he likes to make others smile, it makes him feel good when the people around him are happy. It's pretty much impossible for him to get angry or impatient, although sometimes he can be a bit annoyed at certain things, like not finding anything after digging for days. Usually, though, he'll be pretty much a normal guy, doing what he considers to be normal stuff. However, he's a bit over the top when it comes to archeology, and can become a bit over hyped at times.

Reason for going on the Journey: Both his parents, and large parts of his relatives are archaeologists, which meant he grew up on dig sites all over the world. Now that his parents have decided to settle down Mason wants to continue on his own. So he has decided to get a Pokemon and start his journey to discover the origins of all life on the planet.

Inventory:

2 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Revive

Pokemon:

+ Numel
Type: Fire/Ground
Ability: Oblivious
Moveset: Growl, Scary Face, Defence Curl

((Is this ok?))

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh, may i get nidoran? gender is a hard pick.
part of me wants the male one, but the other part is saying to go with the female.(also the female would love me more.(and i think thats why you don't have the poison point ability on it))
I'll go with the female version.
she also has charm, so guess it could work. unless she decides to be one of those pokemon like jinx, but in love with you. *shudders at mental image*
also a quick question, can antidotes work on the trainer itself? (i know someone is laughing at this right now)
But an actual serious question. the skill rivalry. in the game it says the pokemon does more damage against enemies of the same gender. bulbpedia says that it does +50% to same gender, and -50% to opposite gender.
so i am kind of confuzed on which one it would abide by.

oh if i might add. machop is not one you want to tick off. why? (besides he is naked only to get clothes later in evolution and chasity belt at final evolution) he is strong and well low kick. that will make you feint. (its super effective! with Critical hit)

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Name: Victor Kuramori (I know I'm sorry, Jappanese last name. I think it will make sense with the character though.)

Appearance:http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwp5itQxO61qapd7jo1_r1_500.jpg

(...I think I'm gonna be evil...I'm gonna add some stuff to this character sheet. Just some background info. If its an issue let me know.)

History: Victor is the son of Asaki Kuromori. Overseas (I'll make it a known region if you like), this woman became infamous for trying to become the Gym Leader of a Dark type specialized Gym. However, a huge controversy stated soon after its establishment. A criminal organisation worked its way into the ranks and tried to opperate under the guise of the Gym. Asakie Kuromori was quickly dragged into the mess via association, and was forced to dissolve the Gym and leave her home country with tattered honor.

His mother moved to Saffron city in Kanto, where she met a police officer by the name of Gary Carson. (He took his wife's name because she is very proud of her family origins. Victory was born when his parents where in his early thrities, so they were older than most of his freind's parents. They moved to the town outside Vermillion to retire by the sea. His mother is working on a autobiographical novel that depicts her overseas adventures.

Personality: Victor is not a typical Kanto civilian. Quite frankly, he is not your typical 20 year old either. When most people smile, it conveys a warm feeling of comradship and openess. When Victor smiles, he unsettles people. Looking at that smirky smile gives people a sense that Victor might know more about them than they'd like, and that may very well be the case. This isn't to say Victor is evil or even a jerk, he just has a little bit different view of the world. Mostly thanks to his upbringing, Victor believes evil forces must be punished harshly and eliminated from society. He constantly watches the world, looking for any signs of someone trying to take advantage of good people. Coupling this outlook with a degree in Pyschology, Victor believes his persona is one of his most poerful weapons in fostering the good and, more importantly, rooting out evil. His second most powerful weapon: pokemon. Victor has taken a few classes in pokemon pyschology and sees enormous potential in using them to to detective work he isn't trained or interested in as well as exploiting certain phobias and fears in people. He certainly doens't view pokemon as only tools, but he believes that he can encourage their potential to do things other trainers might be a bit shy of. He is an agressive, but strategic battler and has been somewhat interested in Pokemon contests to teach his Pokemon how to put the most terrifying aspects into their moves.

In everyday dealings with freinds, Victor is extremely cool and calm. He has a dark and slightly offensive wit that draws heavily on sarcasm. He often makes offhanded commented on the strange "Kanton customs"
of his friends to a sometimes annoying degree. However, to freinds who have proved their comradeship, Victor is extrodinarily loyal. He might even be seen to be overprotective at times. When the situation turns dangerous, he is brave and daring.

Reason for going on the Journey: Victor has recently realized the skills of being a trainer can be an extrodinary help to accomplishing his goals. He wants to get as strong and skillful as possible while at the same time continuing to confront evil where he finds it. Secretly, he wants to challenge his mother one day and beat her in a battle. He believes if he can do that, he will be a worthy trainer.

Inventory:
2 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Revive

Pokemon:
Murkrow
Type: Dark/Flying
Moveset: Astonish, Peck, Confuse Ray

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
add an = after the first [hide]

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh ok! Thanks! Whew, finally finished! That took some energy! o_0

Auki
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
@Gunnison: Magnemite is yours~

@Almost_Blue: Appearance: (No anime or drawn pictures. Photos only please. If you want to do a description, it better be descriptive.)

I think I still made it clear it’s photos only x)
And the drug use is fine as long as it doesn’t become a hindrance to the plot. Also, the drugs are poisonous to all Pokemon so put ‘em away before ya light up a splint.

@Spirits Breath: The Female Nidoran is yours – As for its ability, we’ll say it gets roughly +25% on attack power against the same gender.

@Insanity and Sir Inkalot, do you agree to follow the rules already set? To remain active, follow the minimum expected writing standards and respect my word as GM?

If your answer is yes, then please post the Starter Pokemon you would like to take with you on your journey~

ConfirmDeletion
06-24-2010, 03:38 PM
o.o

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Can't wait to start kicking ass and taking names with my... erm... Magikarp...

ConfirmDeletion
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
*CRACKS UP LAUGHING!*

....uh...i mean...dibs on the swinub or........i dunno---will have a profile soon!

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't remember me physically putting my pokemon in my profile...
was about to, but it was already in. Auki..?

*runs, "the mods edit our posts!" disconnects internet.8 "Ha, i won this round."
an hour later *turns internet on*
"Gah!"

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Thy word is law oh poweful mistress and my feet shall be swift to do thy bidding.

I'll take the angry little Murkrow if you please. :)
By the way, that was actually a tough call even though I like those alot, the zubat also would match my character well. I think I'm gonna end up agonizing over my team of six! XD

Oh, I assume we will recieve these from some npc or something?

Auki
06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
@Confirm: I look forward to seeing your profile~

@Spirits: …Hush, you’re imagining things… Honest… x)

@Sir Inkalot: Haha, awesome – The Murkrow is yours for the taking. And yes, a Pokemon Professor will be handing these out to all of us.

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
*ran and put pokemon in character post*
No mod's getting to mess with my stuff....oh crap I just jinxed that sooo bad. XD

So, gonna go look up species of trees? lol

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
well, you got oak. as in the professor. and i have a wanderin mind, especially when things are quiet around me. meaning i need to play music more so my mind doesnt think.
and i have found the best thing ever. to me at least. the screen resolution on this thing. though still stuck on changing background. and left click, set as desktop background isn't working either...

just wait till murkrow learns ice moves. hopefully he/she is nice by then. or you are in a desert. but otherwise you got yourself a convenient drink cooler:)

yeah, i'll be back after i think away from my laptop.

though thinking also made me realize that i posted something earlier. you confuse me auki at times, and i can only realize how much my brain has been altered the past couple of years.
ans it saves me from having to figure out how to remove the ine from the text since i don't know how to get it in on the first place.

Gunnison
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Well at least I can wipe hard drives with my pokemon :D

Dr. Dream
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
I guess I will have the male Nidoran. :D

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
well dont keep your pokedex on hand otherwise it is useless.
and if any of you have cats, what is there obsessin with walking in front of your screen or on your keyboard? just what i want on my vision, cat hair.
(though it would also be better than poison as well. or having it broken.)
alright, finishing application and I will be back in a while.
*insert first season pokemon music* now it is stuck in your heads forever. beats summertime.

Auki
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Of course, they’re going to have a tree surname!
Professor Maple? Professor Alder? Professor Palm?
I have the feeling the game creators took all the good trees for themselves – Professor Willow don’t sound too bad though.

And I’m sorry if I confuse you spirits - Sometimes I have that effect o.o
To be honest, cats always seem to get in the way at the worst times. I’m not entirely fond of them – I’m a dog person, not a cat person.

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Anyone else going to listen to the battle music from the Gameboy when they fight? Go on... admit it :)

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 06:31 PM
just wait till murkrow learns ice moves. hopefully he/she is nice by then. or you are in a desert. but otherwise you got yourself a convenient drink cooler:)

Well, Murkrow is a (and the only in its class) dark flying type...I don't think I get Ice moves...well Haze but that doesn't count. XD If I wanted to goof around though, I think it can pick up Heat Wave which is interesting, but I'll probably leave that one alone...

...of course if we are actually based the known moves on logic rather than the given charts (Auki?)...well we'll see what happens. ;)

Here's my page for extreme pokemon geekdom :SHINY:

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Oh and Dashing, I'll probably more likely turn of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and listen to the remixes...but I might get on youtube. ;)

Hey Auki, if there is such a thing as a Plum tree...XD kidding, but funny thought. Beech (is that the spelling?) might put a few smiles on too. ;king10;

Auki
06-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I use that site too! For all my Pokemon needs~

And unfortunately, I will be deciding what moves your Pokemon can learn and when they can learn them. Don't worry, if you follow the rules and stay enthusiastic, your Pokemon might pick up some pretty epic moves by the end x)

Hah, Professor Plum - Screw it, I'm using that.

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Fine by me, as time goes on (probably WAY on) I might poke a suggestion or two in. ;)

If Proffesor Plum is seen holding a lead pipe in the ballroom I think I might die laughing. XD

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 06:42 PM
haha professor plum is WIN! lmao

and screw the gameboy stuff, i stll have my official pokemon CD upstairs ;)

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh I don't mean playing it from the gameboy, I have collected the various chiptunes on my laptop :D

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 06:56 PM
niiiice :)

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
If this is realistic I hate to think what Team Rocket will be like.

Terrorist organisation perhaps?

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
haha i know what you mean mate haha it's cool ;)

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Id listen to the mighty morphin power rangers soundtrack. (they are pros in everything)
but yeah, them professors have HUGE foreheads.
but who knows. some of those moves may make things interesting. though I may also injured a but from being a coordinator. but that doesn't mean i can't battle.
in my opinion coodinators can chain together moves in a odd fashion and bedazzle their way to victory.
but however i also think the whole battling thing would be different to one that always does and can take more hits from being used to it, than one that doesn't battle but tries to.
hard to put it.
coordinater: can link moves to amplify effects and they would look better possibly do more damage that way. higher hearts.
trainer: stronger more battle hardened pokemon that would be working with respect.

Though i may end up trying to be a damon masaru from digimon, just falcon punch everything.(it works since his hand glows read afterwords.) meaning actualy train with my pokemon despite how stupid of an idea it may be. think of it as a friendly competition.

which this occured to me. is there like a scale of heart and attitude?
like -9 though -6 they will disobey you, and are hostile.
-10, they are going to try and kill you
-5 though -3 they are a bit disobediant, gets agrivated with you .
-2 though -1 they are slightly agrivated, though they can still enjoy your presense.
0 they are neutral, neither caring or hating you.
+1 though +2 they care about you a bit, seems to enjoy your presense
+3 though +5 they will try and help you if hurt, has a bond forming
+6 though +9 they love you, and will be a better best friend then your real life best friends. starts to get clingy and close to you
+10 they will love you affectionatly, even sacrifice their own lives for yours. (caution advised as they will be very clingy)

just a rough idea, but just wondering how tis will work.

Auki
06-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Spirit, there aren't going to be any Pokemon Contests in our journey - The roleplay is set in a similiar world to the Kanto/Johto ones; Just thought I'd mention that. You are free to be a co-ordinator, there just aren't any offical competitions for you yet x)

And I'm sorry but there is no difference between the number of hearts a co-ordinator would have and the number a trainer would. I don't know why you would think that. Pokemon trainers can love and care for their Pokemon just as well, if not better, than a co-ordinator.

I'm more than open to ideas but I'd rather you put them forth in a PM to me instead of in the OOC, m'dear - Otherwise, people might start getting confused between whats an idea and whats actually the rules x)

---

And Team Rocket are evil. Seriously evil.

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
geez I go to sleep and have 3 pages of posts to read when I get back, lol all I have to say though is professor plum = epic win!!!!

Lake
06-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Trainer:

Name: Ishmael Kundar

Appearance: http://drbristol.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/aziz-ansari-pr.jpg

Personality: Indifferent for the simpler things of life, Ishmael prefers urban settings and urban culture. Ideally, he wouldn't mind giving up Pokemon, and thus reflects this attitude towards training, breeding, the whole idea. This does not mean he is cruel or evil to those things around them, he'll just protect his own hide before making huge sacrifices. At most, he would consider any relationship, with Pokemon, Trainer, or otherwise, to be purely professional and will only involve in such if it aids him in his way to the top of the media-corporate ladder.

That being said, he is incredibly hard working when it comes to his job, and will do whatever it takes to get the next big scoop or news story. Whereas Pokemon Trainers have a passion for Pokemon, Ishmael has a passion for journalism.

Reason for going on the Journey: Ishmael was assigned by the editor-in-chief of the Kanto region's national newspaper, The Kanto Tribune (this job, of course, was only offered because of his age and his father pulling some strings). Reluctantly, he accepted the offer, believing that if he could pull something interesting about beginner trainers and the frivolous concept of "Pokemon friendship" he would finally receive his breakthrough for his dream job, an internationally renowned journalist.

He also has no interest in either becoming a breeder or a trainer, caring little for the Elite Four or fame associated with breeding, unless an interesting news story could be drawn from them. Still, he considers these two functions essential to the modern day's world and respects the impact that these industries have made upon all of the regions.

Inventory:

Pack Number 8:

1 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal

Pokemon:

+ Krabby
Ability: Shell Armour
Moveset: Bubble, Mud Sport, Leer

- - -

I agree to all of the rules as well.

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
wow.... another guy..... that makes like 9 guys and 1 girl

Auki
06-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Lake, do you agree to follow the rules alr-... Oh, you beat me to it.

Well, you're accepted - What Pokemon do ya want?~

And yeah, my character is going to love it. Seriously xD

Lake
06-24-2010, 07:42 PM
wow.... another guy..... that makes like 9 guys and 1 girl

Noticed that too. Of course, this depends on if everyone stays active.

I'll take Krabby, if you do not mind Auki.

Professor Coconut was my ideal name, but you can't always get what you want. ~yawn~

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
lol, it will make things..... interesting... that's for sure

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Professor Wood

*snigger*

Auki
06-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Gosh, you guys...
I totally giggled at 'Professor Wood'...

And Lake, the Krabby's now yours~

And if numbers drop a little, I will take the chance to add in another female character. Still, this roleplay is shaping up to be rather interesting x)

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
9 men, 1 woman, off trekking around the world not knowing when they may see any other human beings, potentially putting there lives on the line as they are attacked by vicious creatures. Sounds like a bad porn plot to me, lol.

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
"Hello madam, I'm the Pokemon trainer. I... heard you had a problem?" *raises eyebrow*

"Oh yes, there's two of them. They're upstairs in the bedroom."

"No problem madam, I'll just get my balls out and we'll..."

Ahem.

Yes Shepherd. There is much potential here.

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 08:00 PM
"Nurse my main fighter has fainted"

"I'll get to work stat... your "pokemon" is fighting fit, we hope to see you again"

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 08:05 PM
*Imagines the screen going black "Dun dun dun-dun-duh!" then a dishevelled Nurse Joy smoking a cigarette*

Time to stop? I believe so.

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
-facepalm-

Yeah, we've got quite the little group here. lol, get ready for epic guys.

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
nah, you gotta add a jealous officer jenny to the mix who wants to "punish" you for being with her woman.... yay handcuffs

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Stop! Now!

Lake
06-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Sounds like you guys have thought through these, er, "fantasies" before.

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 08:09 PM
so many possibilities though, i say we add some of it to the story haha like say "and now our heroes stumble into an abandoned film station where a nwe porno is being created" bahaha

Shepherd
06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
lol, well Joy and Jenny do nothing for me personally, but you guys' reactions are priceless

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Sounds like you guys have thought through these, er, "fantasies" before.

These accusations are slanderous and unfounded! I'll see you in court...

Sir Inkalot
06-24-2010, 08:32 PM
^ His serve, or yours? Thats how a gentleman settle his affairs right? ;)

Lake
06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
So are we waiting for all of the starters to be chosen before we start? No rush, just wondering.

Auki
06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
ConfirmDeletion still needs a chance to get a sheet up. So I'll give them a chance to create a character before I start conjuring up the first IC post C:

Lake
06-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Cool. Beans.

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
alright, will make note of your reply to me on think page 8.
and my reaction is to a few other things, i can play a chick in this rp if you don't want to be the lone female Auki, i honestly do not mind at all.

plus based on some of the past pages posts, I highly think that I may go after the trainers if they act like that in the IC. but thats just me.
I don't wish to get my mind set on the theme of this and the past few pages. gives me not to nice of thoughts and mental images since being of the teen age still, I carry that mindset. (I got a few friends in their twenties who kept this in my thought process, i blame them)
but on the plus side I have figured out the police chicks name.

and just because there are no coordinating things going on, will not stop me from doing that. (again with my past, wrestling you chain all moves together so i am applying it to pokemon)

oh yet another thing. RPing also displays your own self despite how different you make the character, you are still portaying a part of yourself. so hope you realize the way you just presented yourself as.

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I have been looking for female trainers to join, haha i only joke like that now and than to be honest but yeah if theres anything i can do to help lemme know =]

Almost_Blue
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
-Pokes Auki-
Kaaay, switched my CS around~

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Oooooh kay...

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 10:45 PM
know what? i may make my character a female. then i have an excuse to slap you all and yuo cant go against a mans honor to hit me back. the benefits... now to do what some men do. call up a female friend for advice in how to do this!

give me a min. (oh auki. not sure yet but can you put all of our profiles up in the first post? i did not check it yet, but just thought i would throw it out in case.)

TheDashingRogue
06-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Don't play on my chivalry you cad!

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I made a female!
and she will if you mess with hers. but she has a glove, in fact she has two gloves..!

take that society, though i appologise for anything i mess up with wonam wise and sorry if i offend any of my female rp buddies.

(i gave my appologies in advance because I know I will mess something up. but she will fight a male if they mess with her. she will even punch a pokemon. not hers though.)

Cheshire
06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
If there's any room left Almost_Blue wants me to join. Let me warn you all, I am completely pokemon retarded xD the last game I played was Gold, so I have no idea what half the words on the first page even mean, but since he's such a huge nerd, hopefully he can help me make something passable.

Almost_Blue
06-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I feel like an impatient little boy, waiting for the teacher to tell him it's his turn to choose one item of the gym equipment.. and I want the good one before anyone else takes it D:

.... I want mah bellsprout ;_; -pokes Auki again-

LurkerGuy
06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
This looks like a fun RP, I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the series, well the games at the very least. Haven't watched the show in who knows how long.

I'll try to put up a profile as soon as I can and I shall abide by the rules set by this RP.

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
you know the way i see it, this is pokemon in the sense that were using pokemon, but other than that its just our own thing, i say ignorance is bliss ;) as long as we learn as we go

spirits breath
06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
and that we can die and the pokemon can. brock may actually get something.
we have another member of the she woman man haterrs club (female version of the he man woman haters club from little rascals.)

belsprout can totally go all bad-ass and strangle enemies with its vine. ditch the whip part.

Falcon Red
06-24-2010, 11:52 PM
haha oh someone should play as brock XD

and why ditch the whip? Machop would love it lmao!

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
lol, so much emphasis on gender, it really doesn't matter that much, male, female, eh, who cares really?

Lake
06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Could I get a time-check on this RP? I figure it wouldn't be too far into the future (or the past, for that matter), but I'd just like to know where technology lies on the spectrum. I understand that things like Pokeballs and Pokedexes, will still be there, but what about what about the teleporters in most Team Rocket buildings?

Also, cars. I don't recall seeing that many vehicles in the series, but I wondered how that would play out.

Just curious how "real" this is going to be.

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Bloody hell, guys – I go to sleep for a couple hours and you all just…geez.

@Almost_Blue: Your character is accepted. Go ahead and pick your Pokemon (Although I’m assuming its Bellsprout, right?)

@Chesire: Well, we’ll all be here to help if need be – And sure, feel free to join.

@LuckerGuy: I look forward to it~

@Spirits: I doubt a Bellsprout could strangle anyone - Those things just look mega-weak.

And also, I’d really wished you waited for me to come online before you changed your character. I actually have a dislike for people playing genders they are not comfortable with. In comedies and the like, it doesn’t really matter but I want this roleplay to have an aspect of realism and seriousness and swapping genders might have a pretty big impact on that if you can’t pull it off. If you don’t think you can play it really well, I really urge you to play a male. If you think you can play it with only a very few minor issues, then I’ll say you can give it a go, just make sure to ask me (or another female) on any…questions you might have x)

@Falcon Red: This did actually follow Pokemon in most senses; Just with a mature theme. You guys have just let your imaginations run wild with the idea and seemed to have warped it into something else though xD

How close to the game/anime this follows will only really be discovered when we start the actual roleplay and I begin to GM the plotline.

@Lake: Y’know how the world was when you were wandering around Gold/Silver? That’s the era we are playing with a few artistic deviations made by my discretion. And although there will be vehicles (as seen a fair few times in the anime), we won’t be having the privilege of using them.

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 05:07 AM
from my experience people playing genders opposite their own can make them and other players rather uncomfortable in roleplays with more mature themes such as inter character relationships may pop up, some guys find it hard to flirt with a girl if she's being played by a guy and vice versa

Not that that is the point of this RP mind, but it may come up so....

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Yeah, that's another issue with it, as has popped up in another roleplay I'm in.
That and even if they do try, any romance and the like looks pretty warped - Girls and guys tend to have a completely different approach to such things that the opposite gender can struggle to pull off/understand.

There is only one person I've seen pull off playing a female character and that would be Nazguljcg.

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm still debating on whether or not to have my character bring a whole different set of complications to the group, but I'll decide based on how I see people react to some things in IC first.

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Wanna send me a PM and give me some advanced warning on your idea? xD

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 05:20 AM
sure, I'll give you a heads up

Cheshire
06-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Name: Pace Alexander

Appearance: http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/jared-leto.gif

Personality: Pace is layed back. He gets called a lazy bum time to time, but he just considers himself relaxed. He tends to get insult or berate people who try to get him to... well... do stuff. He usually tries to find whatever means to pay for his expenses that he can which involves the least work to the highest payoff. He also has a love of alcohol... which can sometimes lead to his money troubles. He also makes a point to hit on Emma at every given opportunity.

Reason for going on the Journey: Pace needs to find ways to make money to pay for food, and more importantly, alcohol. Plus, he thinks Emma is hot. Oh, and his friend kicked him out for not managing to pay his share of the rent...

Inventory:
2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Escape Rope

Pokemon:

+ Zubat
Type: Poison/Flying
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Leech Life, Quick Attack, Astonish

Almost_Blue
06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Well I've been playing female characters for a looong time now, to the point of pride xD And one thing I have to say, is that all you other guys are lucky that I didn't make a girl that loves to flirt.

Though another thing I'm proud of is my seemingly uncanny ability for compromise, so if you all wish for me to change my gender, then who am I to disagree? ;)

Edit: Bellsprout is mine nao! :D <3

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Accepted!~

Chesire, do you agree to follow the rules already set? To remain active, follow the minimum expected writing standards and respect my word as GM?

If your answer is yes, then please post the Starter Pokemon you would like to take with you on your journey~

---

Flexibility is always good; I've played both male and female characters myself. I'll trust that you are confident in your abilities to play a female realistically.

Cheshire
06-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Zubat's still open, right? D: I wanna take something I'm familiar with xD

Auki
06-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Hah, of course - The Zubat is yours x)

We're on twelve characters at the moment - Guess I should start sorting out an IC xD

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Wow, someone picked the Numel, I kinda feel bad for that person, cause their pokemon is gonna lose.... always

Auki
06-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Not once the Pokemon gains some moves, m'dear.
And Pokemon can gain experience and levels not just by battling.

Just because the Pokemon isn't awesome now, doesn't mean it won't be awesome soon x)

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 06:34 AM
how do our pokemon gain "xp" other than fighting, details please

Auki
06-25-2010, 06:38 AM
There are countless ways and I will be looking for things that might up their experience constantly.

Things like:
+ Wandering the world outside its Pokeball (Although doing this a lot may have negative effects)
+ Having your Pokemon watch other battles
+ Playing a strategic battle even if the Pokemon loses.
+ If your Pokemon hangs around with stronger Pokemon a lot or a Pokemon of a different type
+ If it is present in any plot-changing event, it'll gain experience from it.

And so on and so forth. There are more ways than I care to write down.

Almost_Blue
06-25-2010, 06:39 AM
I imagine in the same way we would.. inspirations, events..that whole "watch and learn" expression kicks in here too.

And my Bellsprout's awesome now, and forever shall remain awesome xD

Auki
06-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Haha, of course xD

And yeah, you kind of hit the nail on the head there. It's that kind of idea.

Awesome signature by the way - Bellsprouts ftw~

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 06:42 AM
so if it falls down a flight of stairs it will get xp cause it will know not to that again, cause it hurts.... cool (I'm being an ass I know)

Auki
06-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Sure, it'll gain a little...and then lose a lot due to head trauma x)

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 06:44 AM
good answer good answer

Almost_Blue
06-25-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks Auki :3 I'm so excited now lol

@Shepherd: Being a smart ass is better than being a dumb ass, amirite? xD

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 06:51 AM
lol so true, so true indeed

spirits breath
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
well, auki, it only would take roughly three minutes to put the profile to it's orrigional. so if it bothers ya, no problems there since i saved the whole profile as an in case thing. (i kind of stated, i think, that)
but anyways either way works for me to be honest, but i can revert it if you like.

Falcon Red
06-25-2010, 01:26 PM
haha I understand taht Auki, I was just assuming there would be people in a real pokemon world who knew jack bout pokemon XD its waht i mean didn't express it well lol sorry

Auki
06-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Spirits, I recommend playing whichever gender feels most comfortable for you. This is not meant to be a romance roleplay anyway so a mix of genders isn't as important as people are making out. Even so, one more female isn't going to balance the difference and I'd prefer you to be playing something you are good at.

And Falcon, I think I misinterrupted what you said anyway so sorry about that xD

Now, attention everyone.
Please pick a number between 1 and 12. Do not repeat a number someone else has already picked.
These numbers will correspond as to what equipment you start off with x)

spirits breath
06-25-2010, 02:56 PM

and i will be reverting to the orriginal

Auki
06-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Sounds good, m'dear~

Pack Number 7:

2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
2 x Burn Heal
1 x Revive
1 x Escape Rope

---

Make sure to add the items to your character's inventory.

spirits breath
06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
doing so right now. character reverted. and I assume revives work not just when they are fainted, but like no heartbeat dead. (then we have a zombie problem)

Auki
06-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Revives only work when they are unconscious. When the Pokemon's dead, that's it.

Sir Inkalot
06-25-2010, 04:05 PM
ugh, a lottery system? You are indeed a cruel GM miss Auki. ;)

ugh lets see...I would pick 12, my graduation year, but picking the biggest number just screams disadvantagous...how about........ Ugh...this would be my third RP on the site...dang it I don't like that either!

*miserably puts head in hands*

Ok...11...thats based on instinct alone...

ugh I hope I don't regret this.

Now you know how I feel about luck and chance Auki. XD

Auki
06-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Haha, they are all pretty much the same - Just different quantities and slightly different items x)

Pack Number 11:

2 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Revive

Lake
06-25-2010, 05:28 PM
8 please.

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Pack Number 8:

1 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal

---

There ya go~

Lake
06-25-2010, 05:34 PM
You might have already covered this, but throughout the roleplay you want us to update our inventories in our character sheet as well, correct?

Also, concerning metagaming, which we're all mature enough to understand is a bad idea, I hope that we do not know what is in one another's inventories unless revealed by the professor, buying it publicly, or telling another character of a recent purchase.

I hope this applies to move set as well. Unless you see the move yourself, you do not know anything about another trainer's pokemon. Of course, this is up to you, Auki, as the GM.

So, are we going to keep things personal or have it be open knowledge?

Interesting pack set as well. I wonder if there's a lucky one with a bicycle? :D

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes, update them throughout. Such things will be public and I understand your concerns.

However, a meta-gamer's Pokemon will never level and will never gain experience so it goes against them in the end. You're all leveling and working around each other anyway so it's logical the characters are aware of the other Pokemon's talents and movesets in a rough way.

And no bicycles yet; They come in at a later date x)

Lake
06-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Meta-gamers never prosper.

Also, concerning the whole HP, PP concept from the games. I understand we aren't as formulaic in this here RP, as we're intending to follow the anime more (my understand?), yet I was wondering how that was going to work.

For example, can say, a Pokemon use tackle up to 35 times before it can no longer use it, or just until it gets tired?

And potions: Does it heal 20 hit points or is there some kind of spectrum where certain types of potions can only do certain kinds of things, which I'll leave up to you to decide.

Sorry for bombarding you with question after question, I just want to make sure I fully understand how this roleplay is going to work.

Auki
06-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Haha, it's fine - Other people are probably wondering the same things x)

1. The concept of PP is only relevant to those moves that have a PP of 5. Using a move like Blizzard multiple times in a battle will be considered as god-modding and will mean you gain a lot less experience. For any other moves, PP is non-existant.
Although yes, when Pokemon use moves, it tires them and this should be apparent in your roleplaying.

2. Potions are used like they are in the anime - To nurse injured Pokemon outside of battle.
Potions are effective up until level 15.
Super potions are effective up until level 35
Hyper potions are effective up until level 60.

Lake
06-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Alright, so things like god-modding or meta-gamin will not get you kicked out per se, but will make the playing experience unenjoyable for anyone who follows that path.

Okay, I'm satisfied. For the time being. :D

Auki
06-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Power-playing will get you kicked.

God-modding and Meta-gaming will get you Level 5 Pokemon and a whole lot of hate from the other players x)

I look forward to any more questions you devise~

Familiar
06-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Holy cow this is an active rp... and I can see why. It looks pretty awesome.

If I can still join, that would be great. I'll get a character sheet up asap.

Auki
06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Sure thing; although you'll need to get a character sheet in fairly quickly. After all, the IC should be up within a few days and with it, the roleplay will be closed for applications~

Familiar
06-25-2010, 07:34 PM
<OOC>I was thinking more a few minutes than a few days, but that works for me :). Also, I figured that the rp needed a slightly less... nice, character.</OOC>

Trainer:

Name: Jonathan Saewald

Appearance: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8794036/2/istockphoto_8794036-portrait-of-handsome-young-man-wearing-suit-on-black-background.jpg

Personality: To put it simply, Jonathan is cold. The son of a wealthy family, he grew up in a world where weakness was an almost mortal sin. He saw firsthand exactly how people in the upper classes got things done, and his small mind absorbed that information like a sponge soaking in bilge water. To him, people and pokemon are all the same, merely tools to be used to keep moving upwards. All that said, Jonathan is not evil, far from it; he will do nice things for people, provided it doesn't impact him. He will not deliberately cause harm to people or pokemon if there are any other options, but he will not hold back if that's the only path available.

To other people, Jonathan seems fairly personable. His diction might be overly formal, and he comes across as being somewhat impersonal, a holdover from his upper-crust childhood. He often seems like an individual that's always scheming, always planning the conversation two or three steps down the line. In most cases, this is because he is.

Reason for going on the Journey: Jonathan is going on this journey because his father, Brian, suffered from a change of heart, both literally and metaphorically. A heart attack took the great businessman out of commission, nearly killing him. Several months and several operations later, Brian was a changed man; he refused to believe that the way he and his parters ran their lives were just. It was because of this that Brian decided that Jonathan must change his way of thinking. Brian would not let his company continue in the way it was at the moment; it needed to be led by someone with a heart.

So, Brian hit upon the idea of sending Jonathan out on a journey, with the company as a reward for his success. No money, no resources, no advantages over any other. He would make Jonathan live with people, make him learn to trust and depend on them and hopefully, make him change. For Jonathan's part, he is going on the journey to gain control of the company, nothing more, nothing less.

Inventory:

1 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Repel

Pokemon:

HootHoot:
Type: Normal/Flying
Level: 6
Moveset: Foresight, Growl, Mirror Move

Auki
06-25-2010, 07:40 PM
It's looking great so far - positively fabulous - just need that appearance section filled in x)

Familiar
06-25-2010, 07:56 PM
*Facepalm* Sorry about that... It's up now.

Auki
06-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Haha, t'is fine.

Familiar, do you agree to follow the rules already set? To remain active, follow the minimum expected writing standards and respect my word as GM?

Familiar
06-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I absolutely do.

I'll take the HootHoot and Pack #4 if you please.

Auki
06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
The Hoothoot is yours x)

Pack Number 4:

1 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Repel

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
number 5 please

Almost_Blue
06-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Pack numero Uno.. si vous plait..<3

That's right..I'm mixing languages xD

Familiar
06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Sweet! Got my owl!

Though I have to say, the pack selection could have gone better. An awaken combined with an insomniac pokemon, and 3 potions combined with an asshole trainer. The repel and pokeball might be useful though...

Seriously though, who would make the death pack full of potions? </joking>

Shepherd
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
lol if you don't like it I'm sure someone will trade you

TheDashingRogue
06-25-2010, 11:20 PM
3 please :)

Falcon Red
06-25-2010, 11:24 PM
I think i missed something, where is everyone getting the pack numbers?

spirits breath
06-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Now, attention everyone.
Please pick a number between 1 and 12. Do not repeat a number someone else has already picked.
These numbers will correspond as to what equipment you start off with x)

from this.

Falcon Red
06-25-2010, 11:29 PM
why thank you sir, I looked for something new but didn't see anything like that my bad

I think I'm going to pick number... *goes to look back* 2?

Auki
06-26-2010, 04:37 AM
Pack Number 5:
2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Repel

Pack Number 1:
1 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Awakening
1 x Revive

Pack Number 3:
1 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Revive

Pack Number 2:
2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Awakening
1 x Paralyze Heal

---

Sorry for the delay, was sleeping - There y'all go~

Dr. Dream
06-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Pack number 6 please.

Gunnison
06-26-2010, 08:11 AM
no.12 please -hurr-

Auki
06-26-2010, 08:10 PM
x)

Pack Number 6:

1 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
2 x Antidotes
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Escape Rope

Pack Number 12:

1 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Awakening
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Revive
1 x Repel

---

To those who need to pick a pack/put it in your CS, please do so as quickly as you can. I'm hoping to get the IC up as soon as I can but I'd like the OOC and character sheets to be all nice and sorted before I do.

I'm excited to get this started x)

spirits breath
06-26-2010, 09:00 PM
well, being organised character wise is a big part for an rp. then that could be good for the ic as well.

but least we have stuff before hand. anyways we got a decent sized cast. I fear i will be attacked if i decide to be realistic and go to the bathroom in this. think about a forest in pokemon. that would be a heart pounding experience in my books.
as well as Auki may have a dark side behind being RPAs kind mod. so i am going to have to learn to grow eyes on the back of my head.

Cheshire
06-26-2010, 10:50 PM
10, I guess.

Auki
06-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Awesome-sauce~

Pack Number 10:

2 x Pokeball
2 x Potions
1 x Antidote
1 x Burn Heal
1 x Escape Rope

Familiar
06-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Sweet IC is gonna be up soon... *happy*

Also, just pointing this out, we're at 18 pages before the IC gets up... Wow.

Dr. Dream
06-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Alright my character is 100% done! =3

Insanity
06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Finally got back home! Not that I had a bad time or anything, but it's always nice to have Internet again :D

@Insanity and Sir Inkalot, do you agree to follow the rules already set? To remain active, follow the minimum expected writing standards and respect my word as GM?

That's a yes from me :) I'll also pick pack 9, since it's the only one left, I guess.

Auki
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Glad to have you back - Hope you had a good time~

Pack Number 10:

2 x Pokeball
3 x Potions
1 x Paralyze Heal
1 x Revive

Damonique
06-27-2010, 11:32 PM
It would be interesting to join this, but you seem to have your hands full with the number of char's you accepted. Perhaps when this arc finishes and you reset the RP for a new journey?

Lake
06-27-2010, 11:37 PM
It would be interesting to join this, but you seem to have your hands full with the number of char's you accepted. Perhaps when this arc finishes and you reset the RP for a new journey?

I believe there are two starters still available, but whether or not Auki is done accepting character sheets, I do not know.

EDIT: Auki's right, four starters. I had a hard time remembering what those last two were.

Damonique
06-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Just have to wait for her to respond, I suppose. If I could get a charicter, I would take the Geodude.

Auki
06-28-2010, 05:52 AM
There are four starters still available - Until those starters run out or I get the IC up, the roleplay will be accepting characters~
So feel free to get a character sheet written up.

Damonique
06-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I'll do that.

Familiar
06-28-2010, 05:19 PM
So out of curiosity, when are you planning on putting the IC up?

Auki
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I am actually typing up the beginnings of the IC as we speak would you believe~
As soon as it's done, I'll be posting it.

LurkerGuy
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Name: Jacob Clayton

Appearance: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/11419809/2/istockphoto_11419809-portrait-of-a-handsome-computer-geek-or-nerd.jpg

Personality: Jacob is by all means, a poke-nerd. He doesn’t have any big plushies or toys but he does have a backlog of taped videos of the previous Indigo League championships that’s aired on TV every year, and a ton of books on the subject. Normally, he’s calm minded and is overall easy to get along with though, he can be hasty at times. However, if he spots someone mistreating their pokemon he will give the person a piece of his mind.

Reason for going on the Journey: Even though Jacob is a bit nerdy on the subject of pokemon , he has never taken care of a pokemon before, not even as a pet. He thinks that going on this journey would not only help him learn more of these creatures but could help him bond with his own and take responsibility. He also wants to take a stab at the Pokemon League, though he has low expectations of getting far..

Inventory:

1 x Pokeball
3 x Potion
1 x Escape Rope
2 x Ice Heal

Pokemon:

+ Swinub
Type: Ice/Ground
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moveset: Tackle, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap

Auki
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
LurkerGuy, do you agree to follow the rules already set? To remain active, follow the minimum expected writing standards and respect my word as GM?

If your answer is yes, then please tell me what Pokemon I can get for you~ x)

LurkerGuy
06-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Yes, yes, and yes.

I pick Swinub.

Auki
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
All yours xD

-goes back to working on the IC-

Auki
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Anddddddd....go post xD

Note: Anyone who has shown interest in joining will still be allowed to join as long as they get their sheet up within the next couple days~

spirits breath
06-28-2010, 07:16 PM
odd, was expecting there to be a few posts up before i hit reply. tried to give back story and bring him there. he fears the scaryest thing of all. a female in pms form. and a female pokemon. *shudders* thad be scary. yes i know that in first evolution they woulnt really have that thing going on. well what i am saying, i posted so i guess i wat untill tonight wher 10 or 11 posts will pop up or so.

Familiar
06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Spirits? I don't think that we're supposed to know what pokemon we have yet... I could be wrong though.

Auki
06-28-2010, 08:04 PM
No, you're right, Familiar.

Maybe you could just take that bit out, Spirits? It would be much appreciated. I can't wait to see that reaction of his when they open up their Pokeballs though xD
T'was a great post apart from that - Good backstory to your character and made me chuckle a couple times x)

And dude, we're bringing periods into the Pokemon world... Geez.. xD

spirits breath
06-28-2010, 08:29 PM
assuming it works with all femals. well don't worry about it when i go to take it out.
but can't blame me for my assumptions. sort of figured that we would know based on having to pick one and all that such. well give me aminute and i can fix it. (you know that someone else was thinking the same thing. it was bound to happen.)

Lake
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
And dude, we're bringing periods into the Pokemon world... Geez.. xD

It's the second post and we're already discussing menstruation.

-facepalm-

Auki
06-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Just because you know something doesn't mean your character does ;D
And thanks for sorting that out - Sorry, I didn't make things clearer with my first post.

spirits breath
06-28-2010, 08:46 PM
yeah, well i can just leave the tidbit i replaced, but save it for a later post. gotta blame something when it doesn't go your way. but yeah, i edited and hopefully it is still good for an intro.
i went to check this, only once i eited the page two more posts poped up as a double ninja post.

Falcon Red
06-28-2010, 09:01 PM
;)

haha good post everyone =]

Lake
06-28-2010, 09:10 PM
@ Auki: Do we know our inventories too, or is that still to be determined?

@ Red: Thanks, you too.

Falcon Red
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
good point, didn't think bout that, I'm ready to change my post if they don't XD haha

LurkerGuy
06-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Looks like the IC thread is getting off to a great start.

Anyway, I'll put up my post later today.

Shepherd
06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
wow, this is what happens when I go to work, lol. I'll start working on my post once I finish reading through the IC. and periods.... really?

Edit: Post is up, I don't think I'll need to edit it, but if I do let me know.

Auki
06-29-2010, 07:54 AM
If your character looks inside their bag, then yes they can know - No-one is stopping them doing that.

Great posts, guys - Now we just need to wait for the others~

And I knew this roleplay might cross into some odd regions of content but I never foresaw Pokemon periods... x)

spirits breath
06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I didn't know that would manage to be the one thing you all remembered from my post.

I made Auki laugh, I can do it now. *runs off giggling and types it before she can change her mind* Not really, but that would be what I think if I didn't know the whole structure of pokemon, as well as if they can or can not. we will call these hypothesis's since you all though of it based on above posts. now I need something to prove... then a test.

oh, you didn't foresee a lot of things that could happen in this, just so you know. though would an antidote work on a human? just wondering.

Auki
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
The same as you don't give animal medicine to humans, you shouldn't give Pokemon medicine to humans either. Antidotes are specialised so as not to damage other parts of the Pokemon whilst they neutralise the poison. Although in humans, they would cure the poison, they might cause a heart attack as well or something of the like. Basically, you can try but I wouldn't say it's worth the risk x)

And technically, they can breed so they should have them - Just think it could make things awkward if it started mid-battle x)

spirits breath
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
an odd combination of abilities. I think it would be the time where we all just walk away from the battle and hope for the best. Man pokemon sure are odd creatures aren't they?
Geodude use self destruct!
*looks back at gawking friends* "It is a legitament strategy."
"It isn't that... You just told your pokemon to kill itself you moron."
Though a question, can we combine moves?
in example we have a pokemon use fire spin. then another pokemon uses like aeroblast or some other move that hits the pokemon with wind. Thus launching the firespin at the enemy, hitting at the same time as other move for more damage?

Auki
06-29-2010, 01:54 PM
In single battles, no. (Just saying this so some people don't assume they can use two moves at the same time.)
But as you said, in double battles, then yes as long as it is realistic and feasible. The only danger with it is god-modding so be careful how you approach things. For example, the attack combo you just describe there would have no added effect on heavy, armored or rock-like Pokemon because they are protected from increased momentum. Also, wind puts fire out so it would likely end up weakening the attack instead of strengthening it.

And you've got to feel sorry for any Pokemon that knows self-destruct </3

spirits breath
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Ill figure out a good combo when it comes across. just an idea. And fire spin is a move that I guess (in the game) stays around pokemon for a few turns. but if that pokemon managed to move it, my charizard with that move should be able to simply move it aside and use it.

either way i can think of something when we get moves that can work together. water and fire to make the battlefeild have a fog or somehting? dunno

Auki
06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
There will be a few rare combos that can have astounding effects but finding them will be part of your learning as a Trainer.
And when I offer a new move to a Pokemon, I will explain how the physics of it work in the roleplay to try and avoid confusion.

Water and fire could be used to make steam but only in some circumstances x)

Familiar
06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
This (http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=20) is all I can think of when it comes to pokemon and combining...

spirits breath
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
that acuratly describes the game. running back and forth in tall grass and do it hours on end. save, charge batery repeat.

an odd series of events filled with tonns of sexual inyouendos are in pokemon.
a challenge.
watch just one episode. you have seen many. (wonder what the japanise version is like?)
stupid kids. why can;t they make more cartoons that are like pokemon and digimon for older audiences. (digimon had one series with that. but i would enjoy a pokemon one. even if it is online only)

swear you people find all sorts of stuff online. (brock was sort of like me, and the weedle is 100% dead on what my friend said. then they joked around with string shot. laugh it up. i am not lying on this one.)

Lake
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice signature, Auki. Did you draw that?

Falcon Red
06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
see i was thinking the same thing, i was planning on throwing a machop into my sig somewhere but i can't find any that look realistic enough, and I fail at drawing

Lake
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not one for fancy signatures, to be honest. Just throw in whatever RP's I'm doing and maybe a quote or two, and I'm set.

and I also fail at drawing... -_-

Auki
06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately, no - I was planning to draw out a signature but I haven't had the time as of late. Still, I'm not too disappointed; I think the artist did a wonderful job with this piece. Most the pictures I could find were all cutesy and cuddly. Then I saw this one and was like '<3'.

And fancy signatures ftw.

Lake
06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Was "Mute" already in the picture or is that your Mareep's future nickname?

Auki
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
That's what my Ampharos is called on my HeartGold game so I'm making my character name her Mareep 'Mute' too x)
But aye, I have Photoshop so I'm not totally limited to what I can do with what I find.

Lake
06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Nice. I follow the thug route, as in naming all of my pokemon gangster names (i.e. THUGZ, KILLAZ, CAPNYOAZZ). It makes me feel bigger on the inside. And of course, a derogatory name for my rival.

Falcon Red
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah that's all I found, cutesy or highly unrealstic, and it was just aggravating.

I personally never took to naming my pokemon, not really sure why, even my duplicates i couldn't bring myself to do...

Auki
06-29-2010, 06:09 PM
D'awww, I used to love naming my Pokemon x)

And gorgeous post, Insanity~

Insanity
06-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you :)

I never name my Pokemon when I play the games, I just stick with their original names. I tried naming them the first time I played, but I couldn't bring my self to like the names I came up with :/

Falcon Red
06-29-2010, 06:13 PM
aye, nice post

i dunno I've been contemplating naming my machop because things are more realistic in this, chances are if all machops are called machop than mine will be less observant to me, kinda like a dog, if you name a dog dog and all other dogs are named dog, all dogs will come haha

Lake
06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I've never seen a dog named dog, but I get your point. At the same time, it might be helpful to think of how your character views his/her Pokemon instead of how you view your character's Pokemon.

For example, whereas I would love to call my Krabby THUGZ or KILLAZ, Ishmael might see differently.

Falcon Red
06-29-2010, 08:08 PM
yeah good point lol i'll definately be thinking of that

Familiar
06-29-2010, 08:24 PM
I only ever named my pokemon when it would result in an awesome double entendre. You know the ones I mean...

Shepherd
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
alright random and off topic, but an important biology note that may be relevant. Pokemon are animals not people, as such they most likely will not have "periods" but enter into either a "heat" like state a la cats, or have a breeding season when they are biologically able to reproduce. Even dolphins who can reproduce whenever they wish do not have a "period" that is an exclusively human trait..... The more you know *insert rainbow here*

Auki
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
-facepalm-

My point was only that if they were mammals they can still bleed. That was what I thought would be the most awkward part.

And I'm pretty sure it makes more sense for the humanoid Pokemon like Medicham to have periods at least.

Lake
06-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Pokemon are animals not people

Actually Pokemon are neither. They are Pokemon. And as far as the games are concerned, they lay eggs. So really, there's no need to talk about Pokeperiods and the like because they lay eggs. Now, if we're going to spend the RP deciding how Pokemon reproduce, whether they are more "mammal-like so obviously they go through live birth" or egg laying reptiles, that's fine by me. But I still hope that something more will be accomplished in this roleplay than expressing one's Poke-fetishes.

So Auki- or Kailya- what would you prefer to be called?

Auki
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Whatever suits you - I'm used to being called either.

And the conversation has really gone off track from what this roleplay is truly about. It's getting late over here but I'm hoping when I wake up, a few more members have managed to get a post up x)

Shepherd
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I would just assume that they are like the platypus, a random combination of traits that make no sense, they lay eggs, and can reproduce whenever they feel like it like dolphins. Though I personally don't care and we can ignore or gloss over the topic in the RP as far as I'm concerned since my character has no desire to be a Poke breeder, though it is interesting on the intellectual level at least.

Familiar
06-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Ah, but you forget Kangaskhan, who makes even less sense than that! She has an egg, which hatches, which then goes into a pouch, which then grows up, until its mother dies, whereupon the kid sticks the mothers skull on its head and becomes a different species. Make sense of that!

Falcon Red
06-30-2010, 12:57 AM
wait... no where did you learn that? cubone and the other one dont look anything like kangaskhan like despite the bone helmet

Sir Inkalot
06-30-2010, 02:26 AM
hey wanted to appologize for my lack of post so far, busy and emotionally draining day today. I'm gonna try real hard to get one up tommorow.

Familiar
06-30-2010, 02:29 AM
It looks like the baby in the pouch. That was what it originally was supposed to be, including making the Kangaskhan actually die if it fainted too many times and giving you the baby (now a Cubone) instead of the mother. It ended up getting cut because they couldn't get rid of some loopholes...

BTW, I didn't actually know this before, but I remembered that there was a kangaroo pokemon and so I looked it up, this was on the page...

Here (http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Kangaskhan)

Falcon Red
06-30-2010, 02:32 AM
oh fair enough, it just sounded a bit farfetched but then i started thinking about it and in the original games, or the pokemon handbook (don't remember) it said that the skull helmet came from his some other pokemon or somethin like that.

and does that work in the game?

@Sir Inkalot: Anything you need to talk bout?

Familiar
06-30-2010, 02:43 AM
No unfortunately, though it would have been really cool...

I get the feeling that at this point they wouldn't be letting deaths into the franchise, even if it would make for some awesome ghost pokemon...

Falcon Red
06-30-2010, 02:45 AM
right you are on that =/ but that does make since about it bringin in death. hmmm... think it could happen in this RP? lol think Auki would allow it?

spirits breath
06-30-2010, 02:55 AM
well anyways, despite enjoying all of this sex talk, we will deal with it when we get our pokemon out of their child evolution. otherwise it is bad news and not so cool.
however we still have our collected anger of being kicked out of houses by parents to dies.

anyways Auki is confusing me now with name change, your still auki to me.

Lake
06-30-2010, 03:05 AM
What Famiilar said is true, they originally planned to have some evolution process between Cubone, Marowak, and Kangaskhan. If you look at the sprites of a Cubone and a baby Kangaskhan, there the same, only different colors and the whole bone ideal.

Lazy Nintendo. :P

Familiar
06-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Who knows? One of us would have to get a Kangakstan (god that name is impossible to spell, and I just don't care anymore...) for it to be an issue. Would make for a cool plot point though.

Oh, one question to Auki/Friendly Mod/Kailya, what measurements/weight are we using for this rp? The reason I asked is that I was wanted to have the Hoothoot perched on my shoulder. The anime makes the HootHoot fairly small and having it as a shoulder-bird would be possible; the game makes it two and a half feet tall and about 60 pounds... (seriously! It's heavier than a geodude! It's the second heaviest one out of the starter pokemon you put up!) which would be a little heavy for a shoulder-bird. (Just a bit)

Anyways, just curious as to which one we're going with.

Also: Squirtle with Kamina glasses. AWESOME!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/tvsea03_001.jpg

Lake
06-30-2010, 03:11 AM
46 pounds according to serebii, but still, that is a fat bird. What's the heaviest one up there?

Falcon Red
06-30-2010, 03:20 AM
well I've seen bigger birds perched on Falconers, 46 lbs is pretty big though I can't imagine that being on someones shoulder for to long at a time especially when moving

Familiar
06-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Eh, I could be wrong about it being the second most then... It might be third. I am sure that the magnamar one is the heaviest though. But yeah, it's a big bird, especially for a non-pro. However, the anime version looks like this:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/tvsea03_016.jpg

Tiny, and light enough to be picked up with a ten year old without strain. Perfect shoulder-bird. That's why I need to know which way we're going in the rp before I actually see the thing.

Falcon Red
06-30-2010, 03:57 AM
well if we go with that, that bird only looks between like 25-30 lbs, would be a decent shoulder bird

(just note, I'm having trouble thinking and concentrating so if I seem off I apologize)

Familiar
06-30-2010, 04:09 AM
Hmm, I would have put it at a little bit lighter than that, but that's just because of how easy Ash looks like he's lifting it rather than any intimate knowledge of bird anatomy (In other words, I'll take your word for it.)

And don't worry, you seem perfectly lucid to me.